Who Uses This Software?
Companies that still use Excel to calculate their sales compensation plans and those frustrated with spreadsheet errors and the time it takes to update commission reports.
Average Ratings157 reviews
- Overall 4.5 / 5
- Ease of Use 4 / 5
- Customer Service 5 / 5
- Features 4 / 5
- Value for Money 4.5 / 5
- Starting Price US$13,00/month
- Free Version No
- Free Trial No
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Installed - Windows
24/7 (Live Rep)
- Founded 2000
QCommission is a powerful sales commission software. It calculates your sales reps' compensation accurately & professionally. QCommission integrates with SalesForce, QuickBooks & others but can also operate as a stand alone. QCommission allows the compensation administrator to calculate any commission plan: flat rates/amounts, tiered rates, quota based rates, etc. It also has the ability to to include the plan document & plan document approval w/in the system, by Payees and Managers, etc.
- Affiliate Management
- Agency Commission
- Commission Calculations
- Commission Scheduling
- Commission Tracking
- Compliance Management
- Flat Commissions
- Incentive Programs
- Multi-Tiered Commissions
- Percentage Commissions
- Sliding Scale Commissions
- Split Commissions
- Bonus Management
- Compensation Assessment
- Compensation Calculation
- Compensation Plan Modeling
- Compensation Statements
- Employee Reward Programs
- Incentive Programs
- Organizational Charting
- Salary Planning
QCommission Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 2016/07/18
An extremely versatile and customizable commissions solution!
Comments: Our organization pays over a hundred external brokers and numerous internal representatives -commissions and bonuses. This software allowed me to consolidate over 10 spreadsheets of work into one streamlined process. It is able to handle various commission calculations based off of contract #, lives count, and/ or premium numbers. It allows me to split commissions easily and can handle the multitude of exceptions to the rules that I have to account for. My QC Team is always there to assist, adjust, fix, and create new configurations to make sure the software is meeting my commission calculation needs
The program allowed me to:
- Gave my brokers and sales reps access to an online portal to view their statements ' past and present ' at their convenience.
- Supplied professional looking statements (v.s. the Excel spreadsheet snippets I was using previously as a statement) to provide to my brokers, improving our company's image and professionalism.
- Consolidated a three week, multiple spreadsheet operation into a three day one spreadsheet upload process.
- Easily track and access data for past transactions (v.s. searching through multiple spreadsheets and creating an annual tracking spreadsheet for research purposes).
- Combine all my different commission types paid from separate companies onto one statement for each payee.
- Save a ton of time with a 'one click' mass emailing feature to email out statements to all my brokers and sales reps (previous process this took ½ a day to send individual emails to each payee).
Opportunity for improvement:
- System not available through an online program/ portal and must be accessed via Remote Desktop.
- Software runs a bit sluggishly and crashes periodically (without any data loss).
- IT/ Development team has no external system for tracking open tickets and I had to find my own work around to be sure my tickets were being followed up on (I used Trello for this).
- Remote Server uses a free-ware version of MS Office that I find not so user friendly.
- One must be very computer/ software savvy to use this program as it is not very user friendly, is extremely fastidious with how data must be entered, user guides and not helpful, and reports are not logically set up for the industry standards.
- Had to analyze and design all my own checks and balances and have reports custom built to meet my requirements (custom reports require an extra charge $).
by CellarStone on 2016/07/19
Hi, Alice! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely appreciate it. We're happy to know that QCommission helps you save a ton of precious time! We'll also let the appropriate group know about the concerns you mentioned. Thanks again! :)
Reviewed on 2018/02/07
QCommission a versatile solution
Our Company uses QCommission with QuickBooks Enterprise to calculate and report sales commission for our sales and account management team. This versatile web-based tool has allowed us to implement a commission plan that is free of the burdens of a manual process. The QCommission Team worked closely with us to help implement and test the system prior to putting it into active production. This tool integrates well with QuickBooks to allow our Company to accurately calculate and pay commission. We are able to pay and report commissions timely, provide visibility to management and payees through the reporting capabilities and complete the process with substantially less effort. The tool has the ability to manage commission plans that range from the simple to the complex, allowing for changes as a company's needs changes. The QCommission Support Team is responsive and has always helped resolve any issues or address questions. I would strongly recommend this tool for any company seeking to efficiently and effectively manage a commission program.
Integrates well with QuickBooks
Can manage commission plans that range from the simple to the complex
Good analytics and reporting
Can require support for material plan changes
Web-based tool takes time to adapt to
A more intuitive web interface would be helpful
by CellarStone, Inc. on 2018/03/28
Hi Robert. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We sincerely appreciate it. Please rest assured that we will take your comments and do our best to improve.
Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator
Reviewed on 2017/11/30
Excellent. The product, the customer service, the overall solution has been streamlined.
Pros: It has been an immense time savings to our company. With paying near 1,000 payees with over 60 different comp plans, this flexible solution has been extremely helpful in tracking payee movement, incentives, and audit trails. Not to mention, the support team's customer service is second to none. For the low price of the system, we've already seen a return on investment in our eyes.
Cons: One must be very detailed when going thru the requirements of the software with the implementation team, and if adding enhancements going forward as well.
by CellarStone on 2017/12/04
Hi Laura, this is great! We're glad that QCommission has been a huge help to you and that you're already seeing a return on investment! I have noted down the "con" that you mentioned and will share it with the appropriate team so we can continue to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We sincerely appreciate it. :)
Reviewed on 2017/07/25
QCommission is a solid commission processor that does almost everything I need (see cons)
Comments: It has made my job significantly easier, rendering several weeks of work down to just a couple days a month. I have found that it is highly accurate, and often the only mistakes are due to user error alone.
- The ability to use the data integration module to import bulk data templates from insurance carriers
- Automated calculations of commission splits
- Easy to edit splits and payees
- The custom report that tracks the premium periods of commissions paid
- The customer service that comes with the software
- Initially, I found the software to be tricky to use. The data integration error codes often do not explain in basic language how to rectify the problems. Once I used the software for a few months though, it became second nature to understand what they meant.
- The standard reports are far too much information. I no longer use the reports out of QCommission - I export data to Excel and create pivot tables that summarize multiple rows of transactions for a given customer and product into one number. It is a much more logical commission statement than seeing every single $0.05 adjusting transaction from the carriers on it's own row.
by CellarStone on 2017/07/26
Hi Alex! Thank you so much for writing a review of QCommission. We appreciate your time, and we're also grateful for the feedback. I have forwarded your review to the appropriate team so that they can work on improving QCommission even more. Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you in many years to come! - Dianne
Reviewed on 2018/04/24
We had an overall positive experience in all phases of the configuration & implementation of QC.
Comments: Our commission process as it existed before QCommission was slow, time-consuming and open to human error. Automating the processes we formerly did by hand has given our payroll person more time to devote to other things.
Pros: We were initially surprised that QCommission could handle our complicated multi-tier commission program but the people at QCommission told us it would be no problem. During the configuration phase we communicated with our QC project manager several times a week. Once the implementation period started, we threw a few additional requests their way which they were able to do without any problem. Our office manager and I were continually surprised that they were able to automate what was for us a time-consuming process which involved pen, paper, spreadsheets and color-coded stamps. This program has reduced our commission activities to a fraction of the time we used to spend on it. QCommission has helped our efficiency and we didn't need to break our budget to do it.
Cons: Honestly, we are fairly new users of QCommission and haven't encountered any notable "cons" yet. Our project manager and the QC support people have been very responsive so far so I'm confident that any trouble we may encounter down the road will be handled quickly and efficiently.
by CellarStone on 2018/04/27
Hi Dave! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of QCommission! We're glad that QC has been a big help to you, and we hope to be able to continue to work with you for many years to come. Thanks again!
- Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator