Who Uses WizIQ?
Colleges, Universities, Teachers, K-12, Test Preparation institutes, Large Enterprises, Mid-Size Business, Non-Profits, Public Administrations, Small Businesses
What Is WizIQ?
WizIQ Virtual Classroom and LMS provides a complete solution to tutors, institutes and organizations to deliver live classes and launch self-paced courses. WizIQ is easy-to-use, affordable and gives the freedom to learners to access the courses from any location and device. With WizIQ, businesses can launch their own custom-branded learning/training portal with features such as virtual classroom, course builder, tests and assessment builder, customized mobile application, eCommerce and reports.
WizIQ Pricing Overview
WizIQ starts at US$20,00/month. WizIQ does not have a free version but does offer a free trial. See additional pricing details for WizIQ below.
Showing 5 of 114 reviews
Reviewed on 2015/11/18
User friendly and 'No-headache' LMS
Comments: I signed up with WizIQ for launching my signature and copyrighted courses for teacher training and have taken the Online Academy option. The initial set up was a little challenging as it had to be done all by myself after a brief orientation on signing up. The self exploration was good but should be supported to smoothen the on-boarding process. Besides, if my launch is well structures and efficient then I can help others on my online academy. I am an education consultant based at Bangalore, India and serve the K12 and Higher education segments for curriculum design and management, training faculty and guiding institutions for launching online learning services for their students with our help. Yes, WizIQ is a quick and easy solution that we use to implement our services.
Pros: My use of Online Academy facility is solely for the purpose of launching my own programs in the market and it should appear as my course on my platform. The process is quick and simple structure is helpful. Even though one would like to have more features, what WizIQ has now is good enough. I think the overall concept and model is very good and useful for online teaching and virtual classes. The assessment and feedback tool is very good. Chat and Virtual Class service is also quite good but people keep comparing with Skype.
Cons: However, I want my identity and not to be seen as a piggy back on WizIQ, that somehow undermines my efforts in front of my clients. The course launch facility must be supported from remote/guided, if required by the client or users like us. Our faculty is widespread and hence they have to access my online academy for use and teach in collaboration with me on my online academy. I think, the online academy licencee/user is a notch above the online teacher who is solo on the site/service. I would like to have better pricing than the present $83/month for online academy with 25 learners. That is a big price to pay /charge learners in India which works out to about INR 2500.00 per month per learner approximately. This means independent course providers must charge 2 or 3 times more plus taxes to make reasonable income. Now if we are Online Academy service providers, we share courses with other partners and need margins to operate and share, this is a challenge for now, unless we have large numbers of learners to sign on instantly. I am sure WizIQ will price the service at a more friendly level and earn on volumes acquired by us. There are some design restrictions that prevent flexible curriculum design and easy usage by Math and Science function users. The flash based interface is also a little challenge which should be working n HTML or anything better. Corruption of flash players now and then is a recurring problem and Indian users / learners in rural settings are not very comfortable with all this. It should be as easy as browsing the net. Reports should be flexible and the tool should allow a bit of choice to create and add fields especially on a Windows and MySQL, this should be easy as seen with several educational ERP service providers. Database services on the LMS seems quite limited.
Reviewed on 2015/11/18
A Wonderful Tutoring Experience
Comments: Based on my 2 years experience I really recommend this VC hosting provider for anyone that aims to arrange online classes or meetings. So, if you are seeking for a wonderful teaching experience, go on use WizIQ Virtual Class Platform and I guarantee you will never regret it.
- When you schedule an online class (or meeting) you can get its link easily and share it with whoever you want; you can also enter to the class before the start date and upload your files or simply choose them from your library, etc.
- The class link page shows its details.
- You can get the class link from your platform to invite more attendees during the class.
- You can check your connection, your microphone, and your speaker's settings and volume; and you can change their settings as well. By the way, installing WizIQ Desktop App makes it easy for you and your attendees to avoid plug-ins issues.
- You can upload your files in your library to get a quick access to them in your classes and you can choose to share them or keep them private.
- You can also upload files in the class from your PC within the session, but they won't be stored in your library.
- You can write, draw, highlight any kind of text or graphic whether on the white board or on a file (PDF, PPT, DOC, etc), you can use the pointer as well to make it easy for your attendees to follow your explanation. - You can create as many boards as you want, change their names and their colors. - Once you upload or open a file in the class its name will automatically be displayed in the tab bar of board that includes it and you don't have to rename it to know in which board it exists, especially when you create a lot of boards. - A lot of text formatting and editing tools are available there, and you can use the screenshot tool to save your whiteboard shots in your PC to may be use them later or share them with your attendees. - You can make a poll and you can share the results with your students. - You can display audio or video files from your library or from a youtube link. - You can share your screen with them. - You can move your students into different rooms within the clasd. - You can chat with them in public or even privately, and you can change the text size and color to distinguish your messages from the other attendees, and they can do the same as well. - Attendees can use the "Hand" icon notify you if they have some questions, comments, or control requests, and this will help you to stay focused with no interruptions. - You can allow your attendees' microphones, cameras, or give them control to surf within the class and make some changes such as writing, screen sharing, file uploading, etc. and you can take that back. - You can extend the class duration within the class. This was what I remembered for now, and there are more options that I don't usually use such as tests, Math tools, etc.
Cons: - No monthly payment plans. - Most of non English Speakers face some troubles entering first classes, especially when it comes to App installation. - no recurring class schedule option.
Reviewed on 2020/01/15
Know What You Want From An LMS
Comments: Overall experience was good. I stress again that choose your LMS wisely.
Pros: Very cool aesthetics and easy use for end users. The ability to create and sell online courses is really cool.
Cons: MOOCs are a bit antiquated in my opinion and LMS software is a dime a dozen these days. Make sure you know exactly how you plan to implement, use, and assess success.
Reviewed on 2017/05/11
Horrible custome support! Fast to sell. They charge my credit card twice without my authorization
Comments: the possibilty to be integrated with Moodle
Pros: A useful tool with some in the videos. I use it integrating with moodle. At the beginning, the integration was not possible but now this has changed
Wiziq is very fast to sell but later they disappear. In two different opportunities, they charge my credit card without my authorization. In the second time, it was during the process of renewing the subscription. We arrange one special fee with the Wiziq representative and inform not to charge the total amount. Unbelievable, but they charge me both, the total amount and one of the installments at the same time. None of wiziq accept responsibility for this; all that they want was to have the money and their "offer" was to extend my subscription. At the end, I must go to my bank to cancel one of the payments.
Our classes are from March to December, then I proposed them to move my subscription from March to December (instead of from November to May) and they didn´t accept it.
All they want is money, money, money.
Now is the time of renewal of my subscription and of course I have received three calls from Wiziq representative. When they learn the problem they disappear again.
by WizIQ on 2017/05/12
We deeply apologize for all the troubles you faced. This might have happened because ours is a subscription-based service and sometimes, the payments are made automatically when the renewal is due. But this is no reason to make you feel frustrated.
We have already forwarded it to the concerned executive. He'll get in touch with you shortly with a suitable resolution. Thank you. Shivani - Team WizIQ
Reviewed on 2017/11/11
Been working with them for over 13 years. 100% satisfaction entire time. Great team and products
Comments: Great software and easy to use
We at studentnest.com have used this product since inception. Below are some "pros":
1. The software feels familiar and easy in the first go.
2. Students are able to attend live sessions from phones, WizIQ mobile app is highly customizable which we didn't find with other LMSes. We have conducted over 2 million hours over the years with great results.
3. Tons of customization to the themes, colors, logo, notifications.
4. The overall LMS is well integrated and has almost everything anyone would need for online education.
5. Customer support is very proactive. The limited use we have needed has been very helpful.
Cons: Not much to say. However, Switching LMS applications is difficult for any business, therefore as a satisfied user I hope they keep up with the product roadmap and deliver more features and improve the existing ones.