Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

by Really Simple Systems

• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,6 /5

About Really Simple Systems CRM

An easy to use CRM that helps you work smarter by managing and tracking your sales leads and customers.

Learn more about Really Simple Systems CRM

Chris T.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/02

"Cost effective CRM for small business"

Comments: We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

Pros: Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP. They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the years. Key features I like are the permissions system which lets us give bespoke access to the teams in our business with everyone given the access to the client records that they require. The integration with Kashflow (accounting) is incredibly useful and reduces unnecesary duplication in our business processes. The marketing module has been a significant driver for new business, and again is very cost effective. The activity section enables us to keep good records of client contacts, as does the ability to bcc email comunications into the client record. The layout of fields is very easy to modify to your business requirements, adding extra fields with dropdowns as required. Document storage is straightforward with drag & drop functionality.

Cons: Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

by Really Simple Systems on 2018/10/03

Thanks for the review Chris!

FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear.

Regards

• Reviewed on 2018/10/02
George A.
MA
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/20

"Its a Really Simple System, it really is!!"

Comments: Great!! I love it! does exactly what i need and I am only using the tip of the iceberg as far as its far reaching functionality. I couldnt manage my business without it.

Pros: I use this software everyday. I love the customisable customer data fields and search functions, which allow me to record customer information with an immediate snapshot of their current holdings, needs and contacts

Cons: I have no issues with RSS at all, I have only scratched the surface of what the product can do and need to invest some time into more of the automated services, like marketing and email campaigns etc. But with everything it is getting the time to delve into to these powerful tools!!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/20
Stuart A.
Mortgage Adviser
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/10

"Really Simple Systems - SIMPLES!"

Comments: Fantastic Software - never had any issues with it, customer support is fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a CRM system

Pros: I use this every day, fantastic entry level customer relationship datatbase software. Allows you to manage your customers, tasks documents, emails etc etc etc - basically does everything you need it to and I have only just scratched the surface

Cons: I would like the ability to be able to multi select tasks and move them to a specified date. There may be an option to do this already, but currently I am manually moving them, which can be time consuming

by Really Simple Systems on 2020/04/14

Stuart, thank you for posting a review of Really Simple Systems and glad to hear it's a good fit for you.

We are just working on a new calendar view for tasks which may address what you are looking to do. This will be released in the next month or so.

You can, of course, always get in touch and tell us your feature requests and we'll do our best to address your needs.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/10
Paul W.
Packaging & Containers, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/10

"Woldpac Review"

Comments: So far just using the basic system and very happy with that.
Need to assess if the added cost of using the marketing package is suitable for my current requirements before going ahead

Pros: The layout is easy to use. Moving from using an alternative system I had to adapt my way of working so took a little time to ensure the system provided the information to suit how I need to work, but help is easy to find and the technicians supportive.

Cons: The system does not sycronise with word so not possible to write letters/documents/labels direct from the database. Need to download csv files to mail merge.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/10
John M.
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/07

"Lives up to the label!"

Comments: We've used this product for 9 years with minimal drama. It's the lynch pin of our business. The support team in Aus & the UK have been great to work with.

Pros: Simple to use, intuitive, minimal training required for new users, good support when required (not often!).
Easy access to your data, can be downloaded in seconds and analysed in excel/MS Access if the excellent report writer doesn't cover your query. Easy to create and distribute/manage EDM's. Far more flexible than Mailchimp.

Cons: I would like more control over screen layout.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/07
Neil G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Simple Effective CRM System"

Comments: Use it for my own software business and 3 other software clients based in New Zealand and UK and it can be used from complete sales pipeline management through to lead generation, depending what my clients need, simple customisation of database fields and screens makes it user configurable a must for different client requirements.

Pros: It was the simplest CRM system I have used compared to a long list of CRM systems used over the last 15 years, it is modern and I can use it on any device I like and web browser effectively. marketing functionality built into the CRM database beats those that need to use 3rd party applications like Mailchimp, everything thats needed is in one system that is evolving and improving over time

Cons: The data conversion and bringing in data was a challenge trying to get it to work, but the support team simply imported the data for me when it was required, data import/export functionality has been improved.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Bradley Z.
Supermarkets, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/01

"Really Simple Systems - Really Great for a Startup"

Comments: Really Simple Systems was just what we needed as a SaaS startup who was lean, but with lots of prospects and really needed a CRM that was affordable, easy to setup with the potential to scale. We definitely got that with Really Simple Systems. They've been great to work with. Strongly recommend them.

Pros: Very easy to setup, especially the CRM portion. One of my partners had never used a CRM previously and was able to start using it and be productive (really productive) almost immediately. It was very affordable for us to get started which combined with the positive reviews that we saw it made it very attractive to us. Their support is great! Really responsive. You never feel like you're talking to a black hole. Really important for us.

Cons: They have some work to do on the marketing module. There is an update coming, and it will help a lot. This module is just clunky at the moment, especially the email editor.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/01
Kelly C.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/01

"Support is Amazing"

Comments: Really Simple Systems CRM has easy search features which I really need and I can customise these which is an added bonus. Most of all it is the customer support that is the game changer. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful. I am only a small business start up and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as gone over and above with helping me set up my CRM to suit the business needs. It has really taken the stress out of it all and I cant thank him enough for all of the fantastic advise and fast response to my questions.

Pros: Being able to customise was really good feature.

Cons: I wish there was a Contacts and Accounts upload template.

by Really Simple Systems on 2020/07/14

Kelly,

Thank you for your review of Really Simple Systems and I will feedback to the team. I will also look to design an upload template!

Best regards

• Reviewed on 2020/07/01
Gary H.
Business Development Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/26

"Really Simple Systems CRM Review"

Comments: The research and selection period was made so much easier because the support is local to Australia, but mainly that the contact was genuinely interested in assisting us find the best system for us. There was no hard sell and we have a system that is set up and tailored for us prior to starting subscription.

Pros: The software is very simple to navigate and can be used in a small capacity or it is adaptable to larger and more encompassing business use. The ability to tailor make the system to fit in with existing business is a real bonus. I found the RSS contact incredibly helpful, articulate and interested in what we were looking for in a CRM system. Perhaps the biggest single advantage this system has over it's competition......the demonstration was all inclusive and interactive, and delivered with true support. No request was too much and between the two of us we achieved our objectives before purchasing the product. Most impressed!

Cons: We have everything we need at this stage so I have not come across any cons

• Reviewed on 2020/03/26
Gemma D.
Marketing Director
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/20

"Flexible system which is always evolving, with outstanding support"

Comments: RSS helps up keep on top of our sales pipeline, we print reports for our weekly meetings. We also use the marketing module to communicate news with prospects and clients. Plus, our after sales team use the Tasks to monitor outstanding issues.

Pros: The system is customisable, integrates with our email and accounting software, and the support is outstanding.

Cons: It would be great if the email templates were a bit jazzier, like mailchimp.

Colin M.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/28

"Simple as promised, but let down by a fixed architecture and apathetic customer service attitude."

Comments: It was adequate when we started out, but the service forced us to explore other options.

Pros: As expected it's simple to use and get the hang of - basic but functional. The latest version - 5 - is bright and clear on the screen.

Cons: The architecture is inflexible and really didn't suit our business (combined B2B and B2C) without us fudging workarounds. We would have lived with it, and even put up with the mid-term price hike they sprung on us, but it was customer service that killed it. Emails and phone responses were cold and unhelpful. I know they are British so we were prepared for the attitude, but even with that they didn't seem to care about a small business our size. This spurred us to look around, and we found solutions out there with totally superior architecture and service that were priced similarly. So, to the relief of my staff, we made the effort to migrate away.

by Really Simple Systems on 2017/10/04

Colin, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear our CRM did not suit you and your business. It is designed for B2B so is not a perfect solution if your business is also B2C.

Our products and services are designed specifically for small businesses and this is our key audience, with single-user systems upwards. I apologise if we gave the impression that your business was not important to us at any stage, as this is definiately not the case.

I also apologise if our customer service was in any way lacking in your experience. We pride ourselves on our service and 99.9% of the time receive great feedback from our customers praising our exceptional service.

I am pleased to hear you have found a CRM system that better suits your needs and I wish you and your business continued success.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/28
Ian B.
Partnet
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/12

"Is exactly as it describes itself"

Comments: Provides easy access to invaluable info (Contact details, saved documents, planned actions, etc) by several team members, at an affordable price

Pros: Really easy to set-up and use - can readily access what’s been entered / saved on RSS

Cons: A little annoying doesn’t hold Company Name, Email Address and have to renter these every time access RSS

by Really Simple Systems on 2020/08/24

Hi Ian, thanks for leaving a review.

To stop having to re-enter you details each time you can use the "keep me logged in" feature. You'll find support informationhere https://support.reallysimplesystems.com/system-timeout-settings/.

Best regards

• Reviewed on 2020/08/12
Melanie W.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/10

"Does what it says on the tin!!"

Comments: We have used this system for many years now, and I am very happy with it. All employees find it easy to use, it is very straightforward. From my point of view as administrator - it is easy to add employees as the company grows, it is very easy to train the employees and it is very easy to monitor.

Pros: Very simple but very effective. It is simple to add employees as the business grows. Very little training is required - which is important to me.

Cons: I am finding it hard to think of a negative - maybe could be slightly cheaper!

Norbert n. V.
Entrepreneur
Renewables & Environment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/19

"The first CRM I tried, and it's easy to use"

Comments: Before, my functionality with clients and prospects was scattered over a couple of applications and a lot of files. Now everything is together. Before I call a customer, I have the information at my fingertips and it is difficult to catch me on a distraction.
The pricing plans allow growing​ as quick as the requirements and for now, I have room for a lot of customers. Every possible prospect: into the CRM!
I can't imagine turning back to my spreadsheets...

Pros: The support is very personal, if there is an issue, you have one main person (not every time another) that will resolve it or forward to a colleague. But this main person knows your story and your mindset. The answers to questions or issues are​ really quick.
Then the software is easy to use and there are many links that bring you quickly where you want.
It is just what I need and for a very reasonable price.

Cons: There are no real issues. Some features are new for me as it is the first CRM that I use, but I note that with a bit of curiosity from my side and a lot of goodwill from the company, I learn quickly.

by Really Simple Systems on 2019/02/20

Thanks for the great review Norbert.

It's very pleasing to hear how well you are progressing with the CRM. You know where to find us if we can help any further.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/19
Peter T.
MD
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/18

"It does what it says on the tin"

Comments: Very good

Pros: The fact that its a really simple system

Cons: Not really any cons and they appear to be developing all the time. The only real improvement woudl be to have more flexible licensing and the ability to speak to somebody more readily

by Really Simple Systems on 2020/12/21

Than you for your review Peter. Good to hear the system is working well for you. Our apologises if you feel you haven't been able to speak to someone as readily as you would like. Do get in touch if there's anything we can help with at this time and we will set up a call for you. Kind regards.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/18
Gordon F.
MD
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/11

"Replacement for MS Business Contact Manager"

Comments: Very simple costing structure and scale-able. Easy to start with the free version to try it out and upgrade as necessary. For some users could see how the free version might be enough. The system in generally fairly intuitive to use and replaces BCM well. Have used the customer support a couple of times and they have been very quick to reply and very helpful. Encountered a couple of limitations with the reporting but by no means a show stopper. Biggest down for us is the inability to add activities/notes on an opportunity basis. This can only be done at an account level.

Pros: Easy to use. Low entry cost. Really good customer service.

Cons: Would like to be able to add notes or activities at an opportunity level.

by Really Simple Systems on 2016/11/11

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear the CRM is working well for you.

I have raised your feature request, to be able to add notes to opportunities, with our development manager. Hopefully, this is something we can add in due course.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/11
Jeremy K.

"Long term customer"

Comments: My business has been using RSS CRM for 13 years. We have evolved alongside RSS and are very happy with the productivity and output of all users. Thanks RSS!

Pros: RSS CRM is exactly what it say - really simple - yet packed with CRM functionality!
I'm really impressed with the dashboard widgets and reporting
We use all available modules to run our business so appreciate the exceptional uptime and rapid support

Cons: I find it a little clunky and hard to visualise on mobile

Thomas P.
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 2015/12/16

"Get a much back as you put in"

Pros: I like the interface of this software; it's clean, readable and the interface is intuitive. I was able to customize the software on a basic level to suit my needs entirely.
The fact that it's an opensource (free) product, until you require extra services, makes it very appealing.
One thing I like about the vendor, in particular, is the tuition and the tutorial resources available. This creates a sense of a whole package and made me feel like I really had got something for nothing.

Cons: I understand that the product is in early stages, so this should be read more as a point of recommendation, but the vendor should try to enable some integrations with other software (it's suggested that this is on the horizon for RSS). This is something which is very specific to my business (accountancy), but until that stage, this is where other CRMs (even if it means paying from the start) will win the custom, including mine. Seamless workflow is almost unparalleled in this respect
On a side note, I find the colouring of the UI a little dark and depressing. The UI is easy but not very cheery (dark blue and black...)

• Reviewed on 2015/12/16
Marc C.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/06

"RSS- best value"

Comments: We looked at other CRM systems but chose RSS because it appeared to be a simpler, easier way to start up and expand to additional features and far less expensive. We have not been disappointed. The system is more than enough for our needs. I would recommend anyone looking to install CRM look carefully at RSS.

Pros: Easy start up. Other systems recommend consulting services to install. Not needed with RSS
Easy to add features

• Reviewed on 2016/12/06
Plastics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/10

"Good Cost Effective CRM"

Comments: This CRM works for our needs currently, would recommend as a starter

Pros: An easy to use and navigate cloud based CRM

Cons: Some aspects are a little basic, such as the quotation customisation.

by Really Simple Systems on 2019/04/15

Thanks for reviewing Really Simple Systems! If you'd like more information or support on how to customise the CRM system, email us at: [email protected]

Rick H.
Environmental Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/10

"Ideal for my Small Business"

Comments: I fire it up each morning and just let it guide me through my tasks while having all my customer information at my fingertips. I have gone from multiple programs to run and track my buisness to one program RSS.

Pros: Simple, intuitive and exactly what I need to run my business.

Cons: I would like it to work with Quickbooks software

Mandy W.
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/13

"Really Simple Systems Review"

Comments: Can be good, but can also be frustrating at times, with both the product and support.

Pros: Can be simple to use depending on what you want to do with it.

Cons: Until recently, not able to get what I would call a basic report that we would expect to be able to give our clients.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/13
Debra S.
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/18

"Excellent way of keeping our database up to date"

Pros: We have remote workers who can update at any time. Next time I contact a customer I can clearly see who last spoke or emailed and what was said. Useful for the way we operate in our company.

Cons: Would like the software to be more sensitive when searching for accounts - similar to google. For example if I type in a company name -Really Simple and Systems - and I have it listed as Really Simple & Systems, the account cannot be located. Also when in an account then go back to the accounts listing you are taken back to beginning - it would be preferable to return to the account listing you were working on. Would like a little further advice on pulling off reports - did have a problem listing addresses on Excel for a mailmerge and the whole Excel had to be adjusted due to a 'quirk' in the software.

• Reviewed on 2015/11/18
David E.
Head of Boardroom Briefings
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/20

"Genuinely a Really Simple CRM Solution"

Comments: It allows me to carry out all my day to day business functions. Would be lost without it

Pros: Great price and support. Easy to understand and use.

Cons: Lacks some features you find in the far more expensive systems

Ailsa W.
Sales And Marketing Associate
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"Great ability to customize"

Comments: Easy ability to track and edit leads.

Pros: We use this software to track potentials leads. What I most like is the ability to add custom fields to really utilise the tool .

Cons: Initially, the report function didn't work perfectly for us but I contacted customer support and they really quickly solved this issue for us by adding in the requested extra fields.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/27