Remote Support Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5

About Remote Support

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) securely accesses and supports any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Learn more about Remote Support

Showing 25 reviews of 1 572

Diana D.
Coaching Program Manager
Financial Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/03

"Bomgar review"

Comments: It was okay but not great. Manageable I would say. None the less it's still better than webex remote..

Pros: It's faster than webex remote. It's quicker to generate a link for clients so we can remote in. It's modern and better aesthetically.

Cons: Takes too long to set up. There were like different layers of authentication and token and codes to start it up and set it up. Too time consuming

• Reviewed on 2020/03/03
Michael R.
RSC Engineer 1
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/24

"Bomgar Review"

Comments: Overall this is way better than Teamviewer and most remote tools. I would recommend this tool to anyone using remote support. Way more functions and very easy to use overall.

Pros: Personally I like a lot of things about this software. Going to outline/describe them below: 1. Simple way for users to join sessions: All you have to do is direct them to the website you've created to have them join and give them a code. Most of the time I email them a code with the email button and it does all the work for me in the way of instructions. 2. Chat features within the session are useful: This is a must to have. Its simple to for everyone to use and I've never had any issues chatting with a customer within the session. You can even chat with just your coworker while in a session without the customer seeing the information. Also, adding notes within the session. 3. Color/Background/Quality Control: You can disable their background or disable most colors to allow higher bandwidth on your sessions. This is very useful whenever someone has a slower speed and cannot handle all of that during the session. 4. Adding scripts during sessions: You can add personal scripts in the session to allow you to do certain things like access Control Panel as administrator or recreate a Windows profile. Super useful. 5. Pinning sessions: You can pin someone's computer to jump back on later. Very useful when its a shared computer and you don't have him to walk someone through joining the session again

Cons: I don't like how sometimes this software will glitch when escalating the administrator access and then the loading window won't go away. Now you have this stuck window in your way, can't elevate your access and now you can't close the session either. Ontop of that you can't quit Bomgar until all sessions are gone. Since you cannot close this session you cannot close Bomgar without force closing through Task Manager.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/24
Computer User Support
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/17

"Great remote tool"

Comments: I was amazing for what it was doing for us. I wished we would have kept it but it was not adopted so it is gone now.

Pros: I like that one you have the agent on the machine and it is hooked to to the internet you can use the tool to remote on to the system at will. No user interaction is need as long as you have to correct access.

Cons: I really did not run in to any issues in the short time we had the the remote tool. I have noting bad to say about it.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/17
Thayer R.
Director, IMIT
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/18

"Bomgar/KACE is a corner stone of IMIT Support"

Comments: Bomgar is a corner stone in our end user support, very effective and easy to access and use

Pros: This review for Bomgar as part of KACE/Bomgar deployment, seamless integration, excellent and robust deployment and easy to use and administration. Allow my team to conduct 95% of the support calls from any where, love the ability to support iPhones as well.
Ability to jump, easy for users to connect via web interface, ability to transfer sessions or multi support ability, IM and chat ability

Cons: Every time upgrade happens it break a feature, last update it brook the auto privilege elevation and the ability to Jump. Tech support kept insisting there is nothing wrong with the code till it was proven to them.
My team managed to find a work around. I think the system needed to be tested with different OS before getting released

• Reviewed on 2020/09/18
Mike M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"Bomgar Makes Remote Support And Client Connection Simple"

Comments: The Bomgar console allows us to use admin credentials and elevate rights if it becomes necessary. Screen sharing is simple, collaboration from different team members takes a few simple clicks. Bomgar is the top of the line in security. Analysts can see all displays and the session can be either set up by the user or by the client. Bomgar has resolved several high urgency issues for our clients. Bomgar is one of the greatest assets to our company.

Pros: Bomgar allows users to access and take control of our clients computer using a website. Users are able to access the website from anywhere making connection simple and efficiently enabling us to share files and troubleshoot efficiently. Multiple users are able to log into one remote system.

Cons: Entering Admin credentials through the console is not always simple. It is sometimes hard to direct clients to the correct Bomgar page.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/15
Business Owner
Computer Networking, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/16

"BomGuard is an excellent support tool"

Comments: Overall experience was positive. We were able to get the tool approved and used as a standard within our group. We also generated a process that allowed other departments to use the tool. There were several groups that supported other tools, but with the data, we generated during beta, we were able to get it approved. We would recommend.

Pros: We’ve been using BomGuard for about 1 year. The tool is a little too hard to get used to, but once you learned tricks it very useful. Features are really good for what we use it for. It’s flexible and very user-friendly. I was part of a team that helped evaluate if the tool can be used as part of our IT solution. Once we had the tool setup, it was pretty easy to use.

Cons: We tested BomGuard with several other remote support applications. It wasn’t as robust and feature-rich as the other competing tools. Although the features were enough to be able to support several of our locations. We were able to do workarounds to customize the tool to align with our processes.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/16
Jason H.
Real Estate Sales Associate
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/13

"Bomgar Enables an Organization to Instantly Respond to Its Users"

Comments: Using Bomgar has greatly increased our ability to support our users and reduce phone calls to our service desk.

Pros: I love the out-of-the-box ability to route chat sessions based on preset conditions. We have Bomgar integrated with Canvas. Based on a user's role in Canvas, we can route a chat session to appropriate personnel (the routing happens on the Bomgar side). For example, if teacher initiates a chat session, then that person is routed to a different support channel than if a student were to initiate the chat session. This integration is only possible because Bomgar provides an API allowing 3rd party integrations.

Cons: My biggest complaint is the lack of ability to customize the color of the send button in the chat window. Its default is orange which clashes with our institution's primary color of green. I hope Bomgar provides a method to edit the color of this button.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/13
Greg A.
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/30

"Beyond Trust is the cadillac of remote support"

Comments: I have been using the product for over a decade and have moved from physical appliance to virtual appliance over that time. The customer support is superb, they can solve any of the issues that I may encounter in unique situations.

Pros: Everything! There are so many features and functionality with the product that it's hard to list everything that is great and functionality is always being enhanced. The easy of installation and remote insight from locally installed console makes the product very easy to use.

Cons: The product is more expensive than other alternatives, there is a flat fee to begin with and then ongoing maintenance support.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/30
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/04

"We use this in a customer support capacity and LOVE it."

Pros: We absolutely love the utter simplicity of using this tool with clients and employee's alike. The tool itself is extremely focused, and meets every need we have for screen share's for example, with clients, stakeholders, and even localized IT support. I also use this personally for some cloud development projects, and it allows me to connect from ANYWHERE, which is a great plus!

Cons: Sometimes I find it can be a little big laggy with more detailed information being shown on screen, but overall it would be the same as any other product in this category - more influenced by network conditions than the application itself. Sometimes, I have issues connecting, and have to restart my PC, but I suspect this is a windows 10 update issue, not with the product itself.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/04
Aimee G.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/11

"Great support tool"

Pros: My software company uses Bomgar to remotely support our customers. Using this tool we are able to send a user a support link that they then click on to install a small client. This allows us to view their screen in real time to remotely resolve their issues. It is a great tool for both support and training. My IT team likes that you can pin servers to access at their convenience.

Cons: Pricey but you get what you pay for

• Reviewed on 2017/07/11
Matthew G.
Systems Team Supervisor
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/17

"Easy to use for both IT admin and for end users"

Pros: This tool has taken the difficulty of connecting to end users remotely and created an elegant solution that is both easy to communicate how to connect and to get connected. Virtually no end user technical jargon is necessary to get connected. In our industry, it is important that we can support our team quickly and easily remotely.

Cons: I honestly can't say that there is anything about this tool that I don't like. I suppose if I have to pick something that I like the least, I don't like the color orange. Amber in IT is not always a good color.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/17
Becky B.
Software Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"Bomgar is reliable, secure, and I couldn't do my job without it!"

Comments: I am able to connect to client workstations and servers and resolve issues so much more efficiently than trying to handle things with alternatives that are not as secure or reliable.

Pros: I like (and need) the ability to connect directly to clients workstations and transfer files to and from our machines in a fast, secure way.

Cons: I wish there were an easier way to elevate privileges, especially when connected to a client machine that you know you have an administrator account on. This works about half of the time but I have not been able to find any documentation on exactly how it works in order to know what it requires.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Justin N.
TSC
Retail, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Bomgar Review"

Pros: How easy it is for an IT user to start up a session with a client just with a session key. Having the ability to set up two step verification when a user signs into the software for security purposes. A support user can remote into a clients machine that is inside or outside of the network with ease. Using this remote software makes my IT support job a whole lot easier than telling the client what and how to do it instead of just doing it for them while I explain what i'm doing.

Cons: Apple doesn't allow any remote support for Bomgar. Sometimes when I use the Bomgar jump portal i'll randomly get kicked out of the session and then have to reconnect to the clients machine. Sometimes after a reboot i'll have to reconnect to the remote session instead of Bomgar staying connected. The message box could use more functions such as the ability to transfer files.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/30
Cynthia R.
Customer Service Representative
Information Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/08

"My Experience with Bomgar"

Comments: I use Bomgar in business.

Pros: Bomgar is super easy to use and very helpful. In my company we use it to connect home workers with tech support. Being able to let a remote techie request and control the agents computer saves tremendous downtime and cost that would otherwise be incurred without it. It is definitely my go- to at work when I am having technical issues with my computer. I just log into Bomgar and a tech gets my permission and take over and solve the problem.

Cons: I really don't have a negative for this software. If I just had to split hairs, so to speak, I would say the chat window is very small and can be a bit difficult to see. Outside of that, there is really not a negative I have. Keep in mind that I am on the receiving end of things. I can initiate a Bomgar session but I don't have to actually maintain the software or do anything technical with it.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/08
Hayden L.
Owner/Operator
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/27

"Seamless!"

Comments: BeyondTrust was great. Helped things run smoothly as a company, and security was never an issue.

Pros: BeyondTrust was awesome. I used this in the past when I wasn't self-employed and worked for a larger company... with the stress of an office job, it's always nice to have a security platform where you don't have to worry about security issues, and can focus on doing your job.

Cons: Nothing really comes to mind. I was an employee, so I can't really speak to the price of the software, as I wasn't the purchaser. But as a user, no complaints here.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/27
ATSS2
Government Administration, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/11

"Effectively support remote users"

Comments: Bomgar solves the problem of supporting users across geographic distances. Using Bomgar, I have potentially saved the company thousands of dollars on transportation costs alone. Definitely worth the investment.

Pros: This software was our company's replacement for Symantec PC Anywhere. It was fairly easy to administer and support remote users.

Cons: Although it seemed good quality, it did feel somewhat 'heavy'. The remote console had to be pushed from our IT department and the client takes a little while to install on the target computers.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/11
Matthew S.
Deployment Specialist
Automotive, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/04

"Nice Easy to use Screen Sharing Software"

Comments: This was a very nice tool used to interact with a dealership PC to install and maintain dealer management software.

Pros: -Low learning curve
-Good Functionality
-Nice Feature
-Easy interface
-Easy file transfer
-PC Control send options such as ctrl+alt+del
-Able to send URL Link via email support
-Able to set up Pinned session link for future connection support without later dealer interaction
-Nice interface for saving Pinned connection links; also provides the ability to organize an limit visibility based on departments.

Cons: There are not too many cons on the software. Most if any are based on possible skill limitations of the client you are working with. These can be overcome.
-Can be hard at times to direct the customer to connection; however this is based mainly on customers computer skills.
-Also may require additional Admin access. This can be hard at times for the customer to follow along with.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/04
Jeremy B.
Technical Support Agent
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/21

"Decent remote IT"

Comments: It works quickly and relatively painlessly. Seems to be best suited for mid to large IT companies. I like that it does not cripple the host or client pc when connected.

Pros: - Its light weight
- Very simple to use
- Can easily connect a 2nd tech to your session
- Works quite well on slower internet connections

Cons: - This one goes for all remote support software, I just wish there was less interaction required from the person you are trying to connect to.
- The interface could be a little more intuitive
- no free version

• Reviewed on 2018/12/21
Matthew S.
PC/Network Technician
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/13

"Outstanding Remote Control Software"

Pros: The customizability of the software is amazing. Being able to choose the features needed for your company is a great thing to have. The Windows controls are so much better than Teamviewer. Being able to have the client computer enter their Windows password so you don't have to put it in when needing Administrator access or when you reboot is great.

Cons: There was some issue with client computers not reconnecting, but that was mostly with older Windows OS versions.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/13
Carl T.
Customer Support Manager
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/17

"Great remote support tool"

Comments: Bomgar is great, but is costly. We used this for a while and then migrated to team viewer, as one concurrent license is about 1/2 the price.

Pros: Bomgar has been one of the more popular remote support services, after logmein, gotoassist, team viewer.
What used to make Bomgar remote support appealing like team viewer is that you can host this on your own, effectively having a perpetual license. Team viewer did away with this, and so it looks like Bomgar is pushing the cloud version. Bomgar is fast to get a connection.

Cons: The multiple connections management console could be cleaned up a bit, not as easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/17
Quality Research Analyst
Accounting, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/10

"Connecting Across"

Comments: It's been very helpful and there are other features of being able to transfer files and use the files from our desktop. It's provided a medium to work smoothly without hampering the limitations of not being able to access since we are situated in a different country.

Pros: Helps in Delegating work over different places without the hazel of communication of software issues by providing a medium to connect and work together be it employees placed far away situated in different countries.

Cons: At times get's stuck or closes automatically due to some network issue or some other issue but does close automatically while we are working on something.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/10
Marketing Generalist & Admin Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/07

"Easy to use for first-time Support Rep"

Comments: We were able to offer a level of customer service that went above and beyond traditional support- easily one of the main reasons the company is so successful. The name "Bomgar" throws people off, occasionally. Doesn't have the best ring to it, not what you expect a trustworthy support software to sound like. Obviously not a big issue, but did catch a few people.

Pros: Reliable- I didn't have any issues / down time.
Functional- great chat, drawing and mouse-control features.
Simple- even 'older' clients that we were supporting could figure out how to connect with us.
Recordings were great to go back and review when needing to prove internally issues that the customer was experiencing.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/07
Derek W.
Application Support Specialist III
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"IT support specialist point of view"

Comments: I have been able to utilize bomgar to support several different applications and have even been able to use it to connect to a couple of mobile devices for support purposes.

Pros: Ease of use to get connected to clients computers as well as how easy it is for me to switch between screens and send certain actions to the computer.

Cons: The software would sometimes have difficulty maintaining the connection when walking users through the VPN connection process.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/27
Nic E.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/07

"A must in the corporate world."

Comments: Very good experience with this product. Any time I needed PC issues fixed, they fixed it by remoting in and just doing whatever needed to be done. I have no idea how much this product is, because I never had to directly pay for it however.

Pros: I used this software mainly when I worked in the corporate world. Companies that I have worked for in the past (Comcast NBC Universal, PayPal, eBay, etc...) all seem to have corporate contracts with this remote assist software. It is so much easier to just have offshore IT support remote into your machine and fix whatever needs to be fixed, instead of being talked through some process.

Cons: You will be dealing with mainly offshore IT support. If you have a problem understanding certain accents, you may have issues speaking with the support from this company.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/07
Joseph L.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/22

"Great Remote Agent Solution"

Comments: They now have a Web Console and allow you to remote into End User’s mobile device as well. Great features!

Pros: I would recommend the Virtual Appliance, very easy to stand up. Love their concurrent licensing, our agents are able to terminate a idle session so you can add the whole team but just pay for what is being used.

Cons: My biggest compliant is how the software handles Elevated Permissions. We have a workaround but would love more development here.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/22