Remote Support Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5

About Remote Support

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) securely accesses and supports any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Learn more about Remote Support

Showing 1 674 reviews

Kamrul K.
Officer
Banking, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/17

"Best remote tool"

Comments: My overall experience is good. Ease of use with high level Security is really relaiable and amazing. Thumbs up for it.

Pros: Easy to use and beyound trust remote support that we ever used. We can easily connect to remote system wherever we are with secure support. Super remote tool to help us fixing any issues in computer.

Cons: The settings screen should be improved and the session disconnection is an issue sometimes.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/17
Becky B.
Software QA Analyst
Computer Software, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Very useful!"

Comments: Overall, I recommend Bomgar to anyone who needs to have a secure, user friendly way to connect to clients.

Pros: Bomgar is convenient and easy to use. We rely on this daily to communicate with and assist our clients, as well as transfer files securely.

Cons: Since the company was bought out and a few things updated and/or rebranded, we have had a few issues with it crashing. Even still, they seem to be getting less frequent

• Reviewed on 2019/09/24
Junior Assistant
Banking, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/23

"Review of BeyondTrust"

Comments: My overall experience with Remote Support is very good. I have using this software for secure remote connection.

Pros: The feature that i like most about this software is its platform independent feature. I use windows and linux and i can use this software on both operating systems. Many of other such software does not support cross platform.

Cons: The feature that i like least about this software is the time it takes for connection.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/23
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/08

"Easily manage your environment credentials and access to avoid unwanted visitors."

Comments: A very complete security tool, to easily manage your privileges/accesses of your system's company.

Pros: A security tool to manage the access to your servers and control your firewall, so that you don't have any security breach in your system and compromise your development/production environment.
What i like the most is the session management tool, which allows you to control any session in use and if necessary stop the access in any eventuality. The audit tools are pretty great also.

Cons: Some of the features are a bit complex to understand at first sight, specially the endpoint privilege management tool.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/08
Lead Training and Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/12

"Good tool but needs to fix some issues!!"

Pros: its a great tool to remote to users who are not in the office, sending session keys is helpful, I even used to remote to someone on an airplane! so it does its jobs and usually well

Cons: They had an issue with the program and apple updates, they seemed to fix the issue and this may be more an Apple issue but now we go to use the end use has to unlock a locked setting in system preferences which is horrible since most end users are not admins! ahh

• Reviewed on 2019/02/12
Andrew N.
Applications Analyst Sr
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/06

"Makes dealing with end users a breeze!"

Pros: I like that no matter the skill level of my end users, I can gain control of their screen and fix their issues fast and easy. It also allows the chance to show and teach rather than just tell them.

Cons: I'm not sure if this qualifies, I do get annoyed with the timeout messages when I'm asked to logout or close the sessions. Could be my employers settings doing that. Not sure how many active session we're allowed to have open that may drive this.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/06
Orsolya S.
Online marketing manager
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/06

"No more nervous phone calls trying to explain something technical"

Comments: I knew this as Bomgar before, but with the name change,​ the solution stayed the same great thing it was before.

Pros: I am using BeyondTrust remote support feature only at the moment. I absolutely adore that it is easy to install, so the users I​ am helping don't have a hard time making this first step.
It lets me take over control over their device remotely, so I can fix the problems they are having, or explain different marketing, or analytics related things they want to know.

Cons: Sometimes the audio / video is not in sync with each other​ but this is a problem that could be caused by the internet connection.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/06
Communication Specialist
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/18

"Good basic tool for remote support"

Comments: Good tool and easy to use for non IT people.

Pros: I used to use it daily for more than two years when working as a technical support advisor. It really made it easier for us advisor to go through the issue with the person on the other side of the line.

Cons: It would constantly disconnect from the session. When the other person was inactive the session would suddenly disconnect and the person had to go through the whole process of connecting again.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/18
Özen S.
Contracts Manager
Oil & Energy, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/30

"One of the bests"

Comments: Helped me to contact with our IT people for many cases I need urgent support.

Pros: Two factor authentication is a real asset and remote desktop support is life saver during problem solving. Super easy to use even for rare users.

Cons: There may be little lags at the beginning of remote sessions but then you cannot understand the difference.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/30
Bryce J.
Senior Project Manager
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/28

"Bomgar - Life Saver"

Comments: As noted previously, instant, or at least quick, access to IT help has been a tremendous asset to our project teams. This has saved us countless hours and reduced down time significantly.

Pros: Bomgar has been a life saver for me, and for many team members. The ability to request help directly from our IT folks without taking a trip to the main office, or waiting for them to make it out to or remote offices, or project sites has been a tremendous benefit. Often the types of issues we have in the field can be quickly resolved through the remote access link and they have us up and running again in a matter of minutes.

Cons: At times there can be quite a wait. Some kind of queuing feature could really help with that issue. The nature of the software can feel a little invasive when you watch someone else take control of your machine. But that is the point, so you just have to get used to it.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/28
Patrick S.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/16

"Bomgar"

Comments: Remote support helpdesk for remote sites nation-wide.

Pros: We use the hosted bomgar box. It was very easy to setup and deploy vs other options we had tried. Works well for pre-configured 'jump' clients, or just one-off remote sessions from anywhere. It also works well for sites where don't have control over firewalls/configs etc. Also has presentation mode (i.e. you can demo or have a meeting with it), so quite flexible for a software developer like ourselves.

Cons: It is a little bit expensive vs the competition (although not really *that* much more).

• Reviewed on 2018/10/16
Philip C.
System Administrator
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"A must need for helpdesk and remote support teams"

Pros: Ease of use. Install the representative console and send over a link to start the session. The features it has implemented makes the helpdesk and remote support requests 10x easier than going into the field. It saves time and man hours for more support.

Cons: There's not much to not like about Bomgar. It does everything you need. The cost may deter some places but I think we made the right decision.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Rob C.
Chief Technician
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/13

"Bomgar Review"

Comments: We use this product to save travel time and expenses related with travel. With a tablet all devices can be accessed from almost anywhere.

Pros: It is great to be able to remote into devices at your fingerprints.

Cons: We have nothing to be concerned about at this time.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/13
Joee M.
HRBP
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/30

"Bomgar"

Comments: I was looking to resolve a payroll transaction that was convoluted. After sharing screens, the support personnel was able to better understand the challenges and guide me through the steps to correct.

Pros: I like that the people involved (support or customer service person and user) can easily access and share screens. We can login from the internet and easily share screens. In addition, if the transaction or the action requiring support is somewhat complicated, the user can relinquish control of their mouse so that the experienced customer support individual can perform the actions. Sometimes, it is easier to have the other person complete the actions with an explanation as they make the changes rather than directing the user.

Cons: There are no dislikes about the software. I understand the need for disclaimers before allowing a 3rd party access to my computer programs. If I disagreed with the disclaimer, we could not share screens - so it is not an option.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/30
Steve C.
Youth Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/12

"BeyondTrust (Bomgar) saved my bacon!"

Comments: We utilized this service at the small private university where I formally worked - our staff and faculty numbered approximately 200 people, but we had a small IT department. Computer issues abounded all over campus, and our IT Dept was able to effectively used BeyondTrust (known as Bomgar at the time) to help us when we were having trouble with our computers that we could not understand.

Pros: I appreciated that it allowed our University's IT department to effectively solve a variety of issues with my computer from a distance - I didn't have to trudge my laptop physically across campus to the IT Dept - they were able to save me time and energy by working on my laptop from afar; thus increasing my overall productivity in a day, even when my computer was having trouble.

Cons: Honestly, it was slightly unnerving at first to be looking at your computer screen and seeing someone else control it remotely as they attempted to fix whatever the problem was. I wasn't a huge fan of that. However, over time, I definitely got used to it!

• Reviewed on 2021/02/12
Nathan S.
Clinic Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"It just works"

Comments: If you are in an industry requiring frequent remote desktop connections--especially if troubleshooting and providing support for other users--Bomgar is an excellent choice.

Pros: Bomgar provides an extremely easy solution for connecting to client computers for troubleshooting and support. I love that the remote user doesn't need to have any technical skills to initiate the connection. Ultimately it's just about ease for the clients, and this software provides it.

Cons: To be honest, I haven't had any real issues with Bomgar. Maybe once or twice a client's computer had trouble using it on an old Internet Explorer connection, but that was not Bomgars software at fault. No real complaints.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Greg A.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/06

"Excellent remote support"

Comments: I've been using Bomgar (now Beyond Trust) for 14 years and it has always been an excellent choice for remote support; easy to get it up and running. Customer support, when contacted, has always resolved any issues that I might have.

Pros: I like the ease of use and the ability to pin clients, setup different queues and see which devices are online and the ability to group or tag the devices to make them easier to find.

Cons: The software doesn't have any real weak points, although cost can be an issue as the product is priced a bit higher than some other competitors. However, the product is so powerful and customizable that it really is worth the price if you're going to use it.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/06
Miguel M.
Applications Engineer
Industrial Automation, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/30

"Good and secure software for online remote support to other users."

Comments: Definitely doing online support in a secure way is important among many companies, specially that remote work is increasing.

Pros: It is a light application, that offers a lot of functionality to do online remote support, including taking control over the other computer, transferring files, etc.

Cons: It would be great if audio transmission was also possible, doing supports while using the audio computer would be a great addition (at least the version I was using did not have this functionality, maybe newer versions have it).

• Reviewed on 2020/04/30
Marc A.
Financial Manager / IA / MIS
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/05

"Best Support Software"

Comments: My overall experience with this Remote Support is flawless, from my remote support to my clients as well as their support to me.

Pros: Their Support is immediate and professional.
Very secure connection to give support to your users.
Technical support from Bomgar is impecable, as well as for their hardware as the software itself.
The ease of use of the software from your Mobile, Surface, PC is very well thought out and laid out.
I can be sure of the connection and can give support to my users and check on my servers at any given moment without any hassle, with just a data connection.
Jump PC, and monitor the status of the users' PC at that moment.

Cons: Not sure there were any, just getting used to at the beginning with the options the first day and off you go.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/05
Cam P.
IT Administrator
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/13

"BeyondTrust Remote Support - One of our best purchase decisions"

Comments: With limited personnel and a wide geographic area to cover, BeyondTrust Remote Support has enabled us to increase our response time on issues, which greatly increases our employees productivity. It also reduced our travel expenses by at least 50%.

Pros: BeyondTrust Remote Support gives support professionals unequaled control of endpoint devices. Works with desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. So easy to use, even the most basic end user can connect and get assistance.

Cons: The only thing I would like to see is the ability to hear the audio from the endpoint device. This would greatly help in troubleshooting remote meetings and sound card issues

• Reviewed on 2019/12/13
Emily E.
Data Conversion Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/13

"Bomgar is better than TeamViewer"

Comments: Overall Bomgar is a wonderful tool for remote support. Having the ability to see what your customer sees in order to solve their problem is invaluable.

Pros: The best feature of Bomgar is the ability to pin a session for future access to a computer! I frequently have to remote into a client's computer but cannot finish troubleshooting during business hours. I can pin the session and as long as they do not disable or close Bomgar, I can go back in at a later time or day. This is a tremendous benefit!

Cons: Sometimes the speed of transferring files is extremely slow and sometimes will timeout and disconnect your session. I also hate when it prompts the person for elevated permissions and if they do not know their admin username and password, you are not able to take control of their computer. This can be a huge inconvenience and cause of frustration for you and your customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/13
Jim B.
Business Systems Analyst
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"Bomgar - remote support tools"

Comments: Used for providing remote client support for individuals in remote offices, home office offices and remote travel. Also helped evaluate the product, train staff in using it and provision/manage department users prior to the product's expansion as a enterprise-wide support tool. Also part of management team that reviewed potential misuses of the tools.

Pros: Ability to record and retain staff usage of product - for review and coaching as well as to ensure powerful tool like this was used within strict guidelines. Product also provided a one-tool to support multiple popular systems. Vendor also provided training for administration and use as part of the implementation.

Cons: Too much for a small company, but worked well in large company settings where the number of staff using the tools were distributed across the organization and located in several different offices.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/26
Graham F.
IT Help Desk Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/13

"Bomgar - Great Tool for Remote Support"

Comments: Remote Support from Bomgar is our main tool we use to provide support to our end users. Because it is easy to use on both sides we have not looked anywhere else. Cost is great too.

Pros: It is very easy to use for our end users so they can get can get connected to our support team and the ability to elevate privileges makes resolving their issues remotely much easier. In app chat is also a nice feature that comes in handy when working with our end users.

Cons: There is very little to not like. It is easy to use and we have not experienced any outages or issues in the time we have been using it.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/13
Marat N.
System administrator
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/25

"My Bomgar (BeyoundTrust Remote Support) review"

Comments: We have a strong positive experience with BeyondTrust Remote Support hardware/software bundle. We are going to continue using it in our daily administrative tasks and recommend it for other IT companies.

Pros: We use Bomgar remote support box for many years and it proved its very high efficiency in providing remote support to end users. Its most advantages are the following - there is no need to configure any port forwarding on client side, the client just needs to download a small client module and all further communications go through secured channel (usually it's a "https" port 443). There are many features available for controlling and managing the client computer. Lots of OSes and hardware platform are supported (including most popular desktop OSes like Windows, Apple Mac, Linux desktops, etc)

Cons: There is a few disadvantages of BeyondTrust Remote Support hardware - the high price of the licensing. We could purchase 4 licenses for our team members so far. Also it would be great if Bomgar developers adds a support to pin Linux SSH sessions. Sometimes the server is behind the firewall and the only way to reach it is to establish some complex VPN connection or connect via some local workstation via SSH.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/25
Dharmendra C.
system administrator
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/13

"Good Tool for remote support"

Comments: overall nice and fast as i'm using high specs machine.

Pros: one of the most trusted tool for enterprise, very nice interface easy to use and operate. you can use multiple session at the same time without any issue

Cons: graphics requirement is more, should be light weight for low specs machine, doesn't work well if you have less than 4 GB of RAM

• Reviewed on 2020/09/13