Paylocity Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Paylocity

Paylocity's comprehensive product suite delivers a unified platform for professionals to make strategic HR and payroll decisions!

Learn more about Paylocity

Cherina A.
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/12

"Paylocity - Web Pay"

Pros: Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons: One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/12
Kelly C.
HR Director
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/19

"Great product; a lot of personnel changes recently"

Comments: Overall, Paylocity has really helped my organization come out of the "dark ages". I love that we are no longer a paper and pen company!

Pros: I love the Paylocity platform! It's intuitive and I like how most of the functionality "speaks" to each other (i.e. you can send hires in the recruiting function over to the onboarding function and then over to payroll).

Cons: Within the last year I have had a LOT of change in my account managers - both my main rep and my benefits rep. It's a bit frustrating because I was working with my old reps on stuff that the new folks don't necessarily know about and then I have to explain the issue all over again.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/19
Emily S.
Sales Operations, Purchasing, Quality
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/20

"Easy to implement payroll software"

Comments: Paylocity has simplified and streamlined our payroll process. After switching from another payroll provider, and paper and pen to record hours, it has been a seamless transition to Paylocity for our team.

Pros: Paylocity is intuitive and simple to use. Prior to implementing Paylocity, our team members used paper to record all hours worked. The switch to recording hours in Paylocity was seamless amongst our team members.

Cons: We didn't find any aspects of this software to be difficult to learn or use. If anything, I believe we could use more of Paylocity's features, such as applicant tracking and benefits management, as time progresses.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/20
Andre L.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/18

"Easy of use at a good price for a small company."

Comments: The best benefit of using Paylocity was pricing.

Pros: The implementation process went very smoothly and customer service is excellent and very responsive.

Cons: Some changes made to navigation to edit employee data did not seem to be an improvement.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/18
Stephen C.
People Operations Lead

"Review for Paylocity"

Comments: I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros: The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons: Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Jill S.
Financial Supervisor
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/04

"We use the Payroll Management module primarily."

Comments: I have been pleased with Paylocity and the support.

Pros: I like that I can always call and get help if I ever forget how to access a feature or perform a task. I've also been impressed with Paylocity's ability to stay on top of the legislative changes over the past year (mainly due to COVID-19).

Cons: We've recently seen a demonstration of a competitor that would help my co-worker in HR. The competitor's software can track when licensing, etc. is going to expire and automatically send email or text reminders to the employee and follows up to make sure they complete the task. They also have a way for employees to acknowledge receipt of documents specific to them. Paylocity's system (as of the last time I checked) only allows you to make the documents available to all staff whether or not it applies to them.

Anna H.
Finance Manager
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees

"Paylocity is awesome."

Comments: Been using them since 2015 it's been great.

Pros: Ease of use. I like the Performance and onboarding piece. The A+ learning module is also great.

Cons: Nothing really. I like all the features. Maybe a report that can be customized for pulling info from the custom field, may already exist but i have not found it.

Heather B.
Heather B.
Executive Assistant
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/31

"One of the Best Employee Management and Payroll Systems Available"

Comments: FANTASTIC! They have wonderful customer service, the platform is beautiful and intuitive, the functionality is amazing... Highly recommended for anyone looking for an all-in-one employee management system!

Pros: Paylocity is basically an all-in-one HR, benefits, payroll, compliance, and employee files storing software. Through it, you can find onboard new employees, assign compliance training, process reimbursements, access an org chart, pull customizable reports on demand, and even include different OpCo employees in the org chart, even if they're not listed as employees within your actual company.

Cons: This is incredibly nitpicky but I really wish the "work email" feature was more prominently featured within employee demographics and profiles. It's there and available, but not super easy to find if you don't know where to look, and also is not listed in the Report Writer as an option for a field. To pull all email addresses in the company, you have to pull a specific demographics report and modify the information in that report to exclude all the other unnecessary details.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/31
Donna R.
HR Director
Plastics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/06

"Good Decision"

Comments: Overall we had a good experience with conversion. Our team was professional yet friendly and worked closely with us.

Pros: The software is user friendly. We had a very good sales rep. that pointed out the key items we would be getting with Paylocity that we did not have in the product we were using.

Cons: That time &labor and HR & payroll are two separate platforms

• Reviewed on 2021/05/06
Billy G.
General Manager
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/10

"New to us and Working out the Bugs"

Comments: We started using the software in January. It was not a smooth roll-out and we continue to have to work through some issues each week. Overall we are more satisfied than with our last payroll software. I think it will take some time, but we still believe that it was a good decision for us.

Pros: The fact that our staff can clock in and out remotely from their cell phones is great. Not having to print paystubs each time because they are available online is very nice.

Cons: I hate to put this off on COVID, but we have had customer service response issues and I hope that it is only due to the world of working from home. I would like to have a better response time than what we currently have.

Shelby M.
Finance Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

"Family Counseling"

Comments: Our account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal and her support has been invaluable to us.

Pros: The customization of features and flexibility of different functions. Also that there are so many options you can integrate into one package. We have many different pay types that we accommodate and Paylocity really seemed to fit out needs.

Cons: We haven't had the best customer service experience and often get referred to the help database when that is the first place we check before reaching out. Some of the things we established in our setup phase were not carried out properly and took some time to fix.

Gina I.
Accounting Manager
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/22

"Easy to use"

Comments: Overall, I have had a positive experience with Paylocity. We have recently integrated more of our benefits with their system and it seems to be a seamless process.

Pros: Processing payroll is easy to use with Paylocity. Standard reports are useful. Customer support is helpful.

Cons: I don't like that if you have a payroll tax question, for example, you can not directly talk to a tax professional. I understand that they can't instruct us what to do but I still feel advise should be allowed. Also, creating reports is not always that simple. The report writer is a little cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/22
Daysi M.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: Paylocity has been great.

Pros: Customer services is always awesome. They are always willing to help and if representative does not have an answer/solution right away, they follow up with you. Definitely appreciated.

Cons: Time cards are sometimes a hassle to deal with when an employee forgets to clock in/out. Also, I was told viewing future approved PTO cannot be generated through a report. This makes it difficult when employees request same day PTO and already have future approved PTO (since it will not calculate it until day of).

Jennifer W.
Marketing Coordinator
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/12

"Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR"

Comments: Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pros: We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Cons: It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/12
Mary M.
Vice President
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/10

"Great product, very easy to use"

Pros: Payroll was easy and efficient with Paylocity. We are able to make changes and accommodate employee requests easily.

Cons: The reporting feature is great, but it does take some time to learn how to customize the reports.

Nathan R.
CFO
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/10

"Great product for a growing business"

Pros: Very intuitive platform that allows you to add modules as the need arises. Great having everything and everyone in one place.

Cons: Implementation was more of a chore than I had planned-- took a solid year before we had it built out the way we wanted it, but now we couldn't be more pleased.

Alex R.
HR Manager
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees

"Best I've Used, but..."

Comments: Overall, the experience is great and works much better than most other software I have experience with.

Pros: Most of the features are easy to use and intuitive. The best part is the customer service and the dedicated representative to help with everything we need.

Cons: As a seasonal business, there are a few things that are difficult to manage. Simply because we hire over 400 employees and then terminate them in a few months, there are certain processes that take longer than they should if there was more ability to do things in mass.

Britnie T.
Human Resources Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/20

"Great HRIS System"

Comments: The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros: This system has many of the key features we were looking for:
-payroll system
-easy to manage HRIS
-good implementation
-good response time from our contacts
-many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons: Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/20
Kim W.
Director of Human Resources
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

"Paylocity Review"

Comments: Very good experience from the sales lead through implementation.
The return time in answering questions via email or phone is immediate.

Pros: Ease of moving between screens.
Ease of time and labor.
Payroll processing time efficient.

Cons: A lot of components to look at. It can be overwhelming to learn all there is to learn. We plan to take it in steps. Our priority was time and labor and payroll processing. The next year we will work on benefits. The next year we will apply another component.

Marie E.
Human Resources
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/07

"Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features"

Pros: There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons: Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

• Reviewed on 2018/08/07
Joe B.
Controller
Veterinary, 51-200 Employees

"Paylocity Review"

Pros: Ease of use and accuracy/timeliness of reporting - customer support all in all is excellent!

Cons: Expense Management - it's apparent that this functionality is not Paylocity's wheelhouse

Emily B.
Payroll Specialist
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/14

"Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda."

Comments: Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros: Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons: I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/14
Kaitlyn S.
Human Resources
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/27

"Paylocity is a great small to medium business solution"

Comments: My experience with Payroll was on an administrative HR level. I used it for Onboarding, benefit enroll, reporting, changes of employee status and terminations. I would also assist with payroll functions.

Pros: I really love that Paylocity has a minimalist and easy to use interface. The learning curve is low compared to other HRIS solutions such as ADP. I think what I liked most about Paylocity was the ease of use. It was a very intuitive software. It met all of our business needs and when we did need help their support was aways able to find a solution that worked well for us.

Cons: It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you need for payroll in a large or enterprise level company but if this isn't an issue Paylocity is still a great option.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/27
Kevin C.
COO
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/13

"Great Service at a Great Price"

Comments: Once we got our system up and running, it has worked great. We have had to make a few adjustments due to changes in government regulations, and the team at Paylocity was very quick and efficient at making the changes.

Pros: The product is very user-friendly. The implementation team took the time to make sure all of our concerns were met and that all staff members were adequately trained before they turned everything over to us.

Cons: On rare occasions, the Time and Attendance gets a little goofy when entering hours, but overall it is very effective. The only Con I can think of is the inability to add a note/comment to an employee's file when they are terminated. It would be helpful to add comments instead of only selecting from a pre-set list of reasons for termination.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/13
Jennifer O.
Vice President, HR Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/17

"Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support"

Pros: Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons: Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/17