ProjectManager.com Reviews

by ProjectManager.com

• Overall
    4,1 /5
    3,9 /5

About ProjectManager.com

Award-winning online project management software featuring project dashboards, gantt charts, kanban boards, and team collaboration.

Learn more about ProjectManager.com

Thomas L.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/14

"Bad Customer Service"

Comments: I was happy with the program. Did what i needed, Their customer service ruined my experience. Terrible service.

Pros: Very user friendly. Liked how it worked.

Cons: Customer Service is terrible. Tried to call for 3 days. None would return my call as the said they would on the recording. Lost me as a customer. WEB site is confusing to sign up for basic services. I made the mistake by clicking the wrong box and not thoroughly reading my emails, my bad. They would not help me when I saw my mistake. Just wanted the extra money. Very bad customer experience.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/14
Gawie R.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/12

"BEWARE: Misleading Marketing"

Comments: Great platform and very easy to use. Sadly the deceptive marketing and appalling customer service left a bitter taste in my mouth and I would not recommend it to anyone. Unless of course you have read through ALL the fine print and are happy with the terms and conditions.

Pros: Overall a great platform that is user friendly and quick to learn. Being able to easily share projects and monitor timelines with team members is a big plus.

Cons: Like some other prospective customers I was lured into downloading the free trial based on very deceptive marketing. You are forced to sign up for a subscription in order to download the free trial. If you do not cancel the subscription before your free trial ends you are automatically billed for the maximum number of licences on the edition you've selected. With a no-return policy I asked for a credit and my subscription to be changed to the personal edition. They gladly changed my subscription but said nothing about a credit. When I enquired I was informed that I would be billed again for the new month. I'm appalled at the way they mislead. Expensive lesson learnt on my side.

by ProjectManager.com on 2020/08/12

Hi Gawie,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you liked our platform and found it user friendly.

I apologize for the confusion surrounding our marketing and our free trial policy.

Choosing a project management software can be a big decision, which is why we offer a 30-day free trial. The first 30 days are always free, but as you noted, you will be charged when your free trial expires, as your subscription to our service will automatically start in order to retain data and a seamless experience.

Free trialists can always cancel their trial in the software in the Billing section, or they can send an email directly to support. We also send a reminder email 7 days before a trial expires. Sorry again about the mix-up.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us directly at https://www.projectmanager.com/contact

Best,

The ProjectManager.com Support Team

• Reviewed on 2020/06/12
Kyle P.
Manager, Presales
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/18

"Beware the end of that trial."

Comments: Trial'ers beware. You WILL be charged for multiple user licenses if you fail to cancel your trial. I'm not interested in doing future business with a company with that kind of "gotcha" practices.

Pros: I tested this software as a potential replacement for MS Project which isn't available on my Mac. It seemed ok to use, but wouldn't output to .mpp which was a deal-breaker for me. I did look interesting for team collaboration and manpower, but I was mostly interested in building construction schedules.

Cons: The nature of their free trial. You need a credit card. I forgot to cancel my trial at the end of 30 days, and I was charged $400 for 15 users at the end of the month! And that was just for 1 month. Yes, you can find in your trial agreement that it states this, but NOT if you signed up via mobile like I did. Reaching out to customer success was useless. They refused to refund 14 of the user costs (I was a single user testing it out) and went dark after a single email from their customer service. I'll never consider the software for the rest of my team in the future due to that poor service.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/18
Kai K.
Software Architect
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/17

"Great SaaS project management solution"

Comments: ProjectManager.com is a very well done and smoothly working Online/SaaS solution for project management. The product promises to have all the features of Microsoft Project and it delivers on that. One of the big draw cards for us was the online Gantt chart and having tried a variety of other solutions in the past, PM.com's implementation sticks out regarding performance and ease of use. It's very robust and also allows the import of existing data from Office. Another really useful feature is the built-in reporting and in particular when dealing with larger teams, the ability to do time sheets and workload inspection/management. The latter gives you a quite comprehensive overview of what's going on in your team and if there is any availability for assigning work to members of the team. The different pricing plan options cater really well for different feature requirements and team sizes and we feel we're getting very good value out of using the service - in particular when comparing it against the "clumsiness" of using isolated desktop products as an alternative and having to share MS Project documents around.

Hello Kai,

Thank you for the kind words! We¿ve added tons of new features in our software that sounds like it's helping your team. We try to make our product powerful and easy to use, while avoiding the clumsiness you might see in other tools.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/17
Juan othmaro M.
Development Manager
10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/21

"Functional, intuitive and lots of PM practices incorporated"

Comments: After 3 years working I can say I like it is functional and is constantly changing/updating, many new features have been added and think that will continue to make it a really robust solution that will be able to fulfill multiple PM specific disciplines.

Pros: - Flexibility to customize regular tasks
-Implement various important metrics, reports and processes needed in a project, i.e. capacity, resource schedule.
-Support is responsive in few hours or days, can be better but is functional.

Cons: -No Kanban and so could incorporate features that help an Agile team
-No workflows, i.e. for software development cycle
-No project portfolio/programs

• Reviewed on 2018/06/21
Elaine S.
PMO Manager
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/07

"Absolutely the Best!"

Comments: I cannot say enough about how great projectmanager.com has been for us. It has enabled us to organize our projects, provide a central repository for documents, and the portfolio dashboard is top notch. It has resource allocation, workload, roadmaps, and budgeting. There are a lot of customization options, which also flow through to their reports. It has given us the ability to provide management and project teams real-time access to projects instead of us preparing reports, a real timesaver. The support and training teams are extremely responsive and there is a broad knowledge base in their support portal. They are also very interest in customer feedback and enhancement requests. The PMO team is very happy with the product.

Pros: The ability to manage all my projects individually and as a portfolio (dashboards are great).

Cons: There is nothing that really do not like, I would like to see some enhancements to make the product work every better.

Hello Elaine

Thank you for the kind review! We appreciate the feedback and for letting us know how our software has helped your team.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/07
Subhan R.
Principal
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/08

"Lean project planning and reporting tool"

Comments: A great tool for lean or just enough planning and reporting of small to medium to large projects. Easy for project teams to onboard with minimal change management issues.

Pros: Simple and easy to use

Cons: Reporting module is not robust.

Hello Subhan,

Glad to hear you¿re finding the software easy to use! We¿ll be adding new features to the reporting module in the new year.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/08
Mary grace E.
Unit Head
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/17

"Excellent Project manager.com"

Pros: I really love this software, it helps a lot in terms of reporting and updating of my tasks. Easy to use and very effective in planning.

Cons: I can't see any negative in this product. This is very perfect in making a schedule but there's always a room for improvement.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/17
Jose A.
Software Architect
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/14

"Project Manager a totally straightforward and powerful application"

Comments: Support from Project Manager team is very helpful.

Pros: This is an application straightforward to use and user friendly.
It gives you a lot of options to have reports from your teams and projects.

Cons: Sometimes when you are making a lot of changes in a timeline, you have to save them every few minutes, because if you save after a long time, the application throws an saving error, and you have to start again.

by Michael on 2018/06/20

Thanks for taking the time to review our software Jose -- We’re glad to have you on the ProjectManager.com platform!

Michael, Customer Support

• Reviewed on 2018/06/14
Mendana P.
Technical Consultant
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/01

"Project reliability"

Comments: The project management software was very good but only that when it comes to quantifying of projects, it is needs to be incorporated in one software so that it can be work friendly and address multiples needs within one software.

Pros: The easy use tool for project scheduling, resource allocating, costing and construction work monitoring.

Cons: The insertion of design incorporated in the project to be able to ease the use of other quantifying software and automatically, schedules, resource allocating.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/01
Clark A.
Research Scientist
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/05

"Too slow & dates don't update every time"

Comments: Fix the lag when going through projects and make sure dates are updating

Pros: Lots of functionality. I appreciate the calendar option, the ability to see different projects, timelines, notes, etc.

Cons: It is way too slow. Scrolling takes forever. Sometimes, changing one date, other dates won't update accordingly. This is a real problem for effective project planning

• Reviewed on 2018/07/05
Zulkamal Z.
Analyst and Researcher
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/29

"Handy App for a Small Scale Project"

Pros: We could use Gantt Charts features with automatic updates. In addition, we could import our MS Project plans and integrate it with Google Docs, Ms. Word, Excel or even Project Server.

Cons: You may have a problem if using this for a large scale project as it doesn't support large projects

• Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Ruth viviana H.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/16

"Good but could be better"

Pros: Able to keep up with many project, does not affect if they are short or long projects, love the dashboards as well.

Cons: it does not allow real time interaction with the team members in a timeline. If you are making changes and then someone else is, everything might be lost. (has happened to me before, even today!). Also reports could be more dynamic.... and APIs as well, not allow to get custom fields unless it is a closed project.

by Project Manager Online CA on 2017/11/29

Hi Ruth,

Thanks we love our dashboard as well! We always appreciate the feedback on some of our features.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/16
Lisandro C.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/22

"great tools but it have to improve"

Pros: there are great features in order to create activities and log our times.
a lot options and closed

Cons: when coworker also he or she is using there are a big problem when tried to save and always the is a popup that show problems about our changes did not save

• Reviewed on 2018/06/22
Kristine M.
Board member
Philanthropy, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/24

"Excellent potential!"

Comments: I have used this for personal projects for many years and find it easy to use and manage on my own. Now the Big Test. I'll be using it with a team, and I'm looking forward to using the dashboard and other team functionality that's there. Plus it interfaces with Basecamp which provides related collaboration and task management features. They connect directly, so it should be a great fit for our growing needs.

Pros: Great customer service! The software offers excellent functionality and value, even for small ministries like ours.

Cons: Not always intuitive, but it continues to improve. There are some functions that take some practice, but are wonderful when you get the hang of them.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/24
Abigail marie C.
Manager - Organizational Capability
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/15

"Satisfactory"

Pros: Accessible to a wide number of users. It also allows email notification for any changes, uploads, created materials etc. that is sent to all users.

Cons: Not too user-friendly. Also, I receive notifications which I don't find relevant. Am not sure if it has the capability to only send notifications to select recipients that are concerned about the subject/project.

by Michael on 2018/06/20

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for providing feedback on our software! Email alerts are fully customizable for each user, so you can set the software up to send (or not send) alerts for all kinds of triggers. Your account admin can go to the main menu dropdown, then click on “alerts” to set this up. Let us know if you need help, we’re happy to answer any more questions you may have!

Michael, Customer Support

• Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Kit S.
Student
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/22

"My experience with ProjectManager.com"

Pros: I am a student and began a free trial on their site for one of my class assignments. Unfortunately the software wasn't quite what I needed for my assignment so I never ended up using it again. A month later my bank account was charged for the subscription so I immediately emailed the customer services and asked them for a refund. Once I explained my story and that I was a student who needed that money, they gave me a refund in full for the money withdrawn. If anything, Projectmanager.com has top-class customer service. They seem to know what they customer wants and how to provide a quality service all-round.

Cons: I feel that it is unfair of me to say what I liked least about this product because I didn't use the product for more than an hour.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/22
Danielle R.
Contracted Lead
Internet, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/05

"Great software for Managers and Leads"

Comments: One of my favorite programs as a lead. It has so many features and functions. There is a lot of use and it's such a helpful software. I highly recommend this software to leads/managers/supervisiors.

Pros: Ease of Use.
The dashboards are clear and easily accessible.
Easy to share among leads/managers.
Task Management function is really great and helps everybody stay on track.
So many functions/uses

Cons: There is a lot to this software so it can be a tiny bit overwhelming.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/05
Sharree M.
Online Content Manager/Project Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/23

"Still testing it... there's good things and bad things though."

Comments: Being able to create reports with % complete.

Pros: The reporting features.
Being able to show Planned Start/Finish Dates, as well as Actual Start-Finish dates. (I would like to be able to "lock" the planned start-finish dates though, so team members can't adjust their own task planned dates)

Cons: The lag from low internet in when projects have a lot of tasks.
Only one person can update (in the project sheet) at a time.
The updating feature from "My Work" just lists the task as completed with the planned dates instead of actual date being updated.
The notification system not giving me an option to be notified whenever ANYTHING changes - I want to know right away when a task is completed by team members if I'm not assigned to the task.

by Project Manager Online CA on 2017/11/29

Hi Sharree,

We appreciate your feedback and will look to implement some of the features you mentioned you would have liked!

• Reviewed on 2017/06/23
Stacy K.
Project Manager II
Government Administration, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/09

"ProjectManager.com in Government"

Comments: The customer service is fabulous at ProjectManager.com

Pros: The reporting feature is great - allows you to customize the reporting, and export into an excel which is very user friendly.

Cons: I wish it would auto populate dates - I know that not everyone wants to use this software in that aspect and nor is it designed that way, but for us it would be nice.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/09
Office Administrator
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/02

"Excellent customer service"

Pros: Ease of use, navigable via internet connection vs. software download, user accessible. Excellent customer service across sales, service, and billing teams.

Cons: I was hoping for more print-display options, especially with flexibility in sizing the Gantt chart; although I'm confident that this feature will become available soon.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Jason M.
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/23

"TERRIBLE!! A SCAM. UNPROFESSIONAL."

Comments: This company should be ashamed of how they communicate to their customers that are actually willing to pay for this bad product. Despite the billing errors, I would have continued using the product since I invented the time to actually make it worth something. Legal actions are being pursued since they are unwilling to respond.

Pros: The dashboards and graphs is what caught my attention about this project although you can earliest create this in Excel. I should have done this in the beginning.

Cons: You can't modify any of the reports, graphs or dashboards. You loose the original format of your project plan once you export and reimport. Their customer service is terrible.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/23