ActiveCampaign Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,5 /5

About ActiveCampaign

130k+ customers in 170 countries use ActiveCampaign to automate their marketing, from contact management to email personalization.

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

Showing 1 108 reviews

Néstor M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/06

"This guys know how to do things the right way"

Comments: Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros: Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Cons: I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/06
David B.
Managing Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/14

"If I had to recommend a single email marketing and automation tool, it's AC"

Comments: AC has helped my business and clients alike in being able to seamlessly create email marketing campaigns regularly. In addition, the automation features are helpful to be able to tag specific contacts, start/end automated email series, and so on. There are limitless possibilities, without a *need* to use every feature to make it worthwhile.

Pros: AC provides the best combination of possibilities (features), user experience (ease of use), and pricing (it's affordable!).

Cons: There are situations when you may want a tool that is at the "enterprise" level (e.g., Salesforce) that may provide more options and span more actual product lines. I think it's very situational. But for specifically email marketing and marketing automation for small to mid-sized businesses, AC almost always is a more desirable fit than other platforms considered (e.g., more opportunity provided than MailChimp, all-around better than the terrible system that is ConstantContact, etc).

• Reviewed on 2020/12/14
Jill G.
Blogger
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/29

"My top pick for an email marketing platform."

Comments: Overall, choosing Active Campaign as my email marketing service was a terrific decision. I've been happy with it so far and cannot wait to see where it takes my business.

Pros: I love how robust Active Campaign is and at a great price. It integrates well with the many online services and I haven't needed to reach out to customer support for help. I look forward to learning more ways that I can use Active Campaign to grow my online business.

Cons: As I progress through all of the available options and features Active Campaign has for me, I do struggle with knowing which features will help my blogging and email marketing business the most. There are many digital marketers providing courses on email marketing. Yet, I feel held back because I need to learn more about Active Campaign's platform and how it will best help me as a blogger before I can implement many of the techniques recommended to me.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/29
Ray F.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/30

"Easy to Use, some bugginess"

Comments: Overall, everything is very nice. The pricing is reasonable, and the additional features were unexpected as I was sort of grandfathered in to them.

Pros: This is a very legitimate mailchimp competitor, well-priced. The CRM functionality surprising, and there are really nice web insights (WordPress user here) that I could glean at-a-glance & give to my sales team via their plugin/javascript. They just recently added conversations (chatbot) automations, which were great to see. The chatbot was slick & never glitched out on me. It's not quite an Intercom replacement, but if you're not familiar with Intercom you'd be over the moon with this. The email automations are hands-down the best aspect of ActiveCampaign. The automations & workflows are visual-based & made it incredibly easy & user friendly for a once-newly-christened marketer unfamiliar with sequences. There's even a set of 'cookbooks' that are pre-built templates in case you were like me & didn't know where to start.

Cons: The email builder is a tad clunky. My biggest gripe was when I would create a new link from a template, it would change the color to blue & the font to Arial. Sounds like it's not a big deal, but when you're constantly changing the colors & fonts, it adds to the amount of time you're making an email. It would be nice to be able to add an HTML element in the WYSIWYG editor, instead of bouncing in/out between that & the HTML editor. The CRM is nice, but the deals functionality is fairly light. Not the end of the world unless there's a lot of nuance from deal to deal (like in our industry).

• Reviewed on 2020/06/30
Deanna F.
Speaker, Coach, Trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/26

"Very happy with ActiveCampaign!"

Comments: My business is still small but growing and I know that there is a lot more to tap into for what ActiveCampaign can do but I have been very happy with it so far. When I was deciding who to go with, I researched many of the options that were popular and this one just seemed like the best one. Now a couple years later, I'm seeing more and more people praising it and what it can do. That's got me thinking I made the right choice. I mean, I figured at the time that it was the right choice but I'm seeing that validated by other's comments, too.

Pros: I like how powerful this software is and for a great price! When I started with it, I had quite a bit of a learning curve to learn it but had excellent help from support staff. It integrated well with my other online sites. Now I'm all set up and it runs like a charm. I look forward to using more of its capability as my business grows.

Cons: I have found it a little complicated for setting up with new lead magnets but I have attributed that to its ability to do so much so that you have to navigate around to set up what you need. And, I am still learning it. But what's great is that you can duplicate an automation. So once you have created what you want, you don't have to necessarily go back to square one. That I like very much!

• Reviewed on 2020/06/26
Carmelo P.
Web & SEO specialist
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/26

"Complete and flexible with a great API"

Comments: My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pros: Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp.
But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Cons: The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/26
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/05

"A great platform for email automation"

Comments: Overall, I’m an advocate for ActiveCampaign because I’ve had many more positive experiences than negative.

Pros: The software is comparable with other tools which make it nice & more stress-free when integrating.

Cons: The email builder tool (specifically the text block) has some serious problems. Sometimes you can paste something or select text and the entire text is deleted or shown in a different font/size. I’ve used this tool since 2016 and have always had trouble with this. Even when pasting plain text or using their own native personalization fields. A large percentage of the community has mentioned this in Facebook groups and it seems like it’s a low priority considering they continue to release new features in other categories. The basics need some work in my opinion. The campaign analyzing tools could use some major upgrades as well as they seem to also have been neglected.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/05
Skye K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"Over 100+ Projects Built Using ActiveCampaign"

Comments: Overall highly positive and I continue to recommend it.

Pros: The marketing automation is the most powerful at its price point and the system continues to develop beyond this into new and interesting areas (e.g. landing pages)

Cons: Segmentation struggles to use combined queries - if you ask for query A and Query B together, you think you'd get ONLY the contacts who appear in BOTH lists. In reality you get all of the contacts on query A and B together - this needs improvement.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Monika D.
Branding and Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/20

"Blown away by what's possible, the easy of use, and the support"

Comments: I used both Mailchimp and AWeber before but I'm absolutely blown away by the ease of use and the many options that ActiveCampaign provides, making it a complete system.

Pros: I love the combination of email marketing, segmentation, dynamic content, lead scoring and integrated sales process management. It's easy to learn and set up. The induction process and the library are very helpful to get started quickly. ActiveCampaign is for me the tool that goes far beyond email marketing. The support and on-boarding call are amazing.

Cons: There are many options that I'm not using right now, simply because I don't have time to learn more about them at the moment.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/20
Rebecca C.
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/13

"Way better than InfusionSoft"

Comments: As the sole owner of a growing small business, I finally decided I needed "help" in the way of marketing automation. So that is why I turned to ActiveCampaign. It has been less than 6 months since I have signed up and so far it is going good and is helpful. The transition over from Constant Contact was a struggle for me since I don't like change. However I knew this change was a good one.

Pros: It is easy to maneuver through the dashboard and create campaigns. It is affordable and for a small business (only me) with over 6,000 customers the price point is WAY better than InfusionSoft.

Cons: It took a long time for onboarding. I wish they were able to complete it within one single week vs over the span of a month.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/13
Declan D.
Chief Growth Generator
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05

"Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience."

Comments: Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Pros: Marketing automation tools and templates
Deliverability excellent in our experience
CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff.
Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people.
Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Cons: CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs
Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

• Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Stacia O.
Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/23

"I've loved using ActiveCampaign for the last 2 years and look forward to continuing to do so!"

Pros: I am not super tech saavy or a big time marketer but I have been able to figure out all the features I need to engage with my customers in a meaningful way. The automations are simple to set up and make running my business a piece of cake. I also love all the support they offer, the live chat option has saved me many times when I needed to get a quick answer. I also was able to attend an all day event where I learned so much about how to effectively use this tool and I am grateful for all the amazing resources they have available.

Cons: I use this for very basic marketing so I haven't run into any issues or downfalls about it. It is far more robust than my needs are but I like that with that it doesn't overcomplicate it for the basic needs I have. All around great product.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/23
Nathan A.
Global MDF Claiming Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/13

"Great Email Service for the Price!"

Comments: Good to work with and good email deliverability which is the most important thing. Overall, good value and quality of automations at an affordable price compared to competitors. Not cheap, but also not super expensive and complex to run like Infusionsoft. Similar to ConvertKit in my opinion, but better automations.

Pros: It took a little while to understand everything in terms of automations and advanced features, but after I learned it I found the automations and email campaign features very easy to use. You can setup great advanced email campaigns and segmentation in a relatively simple way. Great for small businesses like ours

Cons: I think the product offers everything we could need. I wish the SMS service was offered for a lower plan like ours, but otherwise it's great.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/13
Kendall C.
Director of Operations
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/23

"It's like MailChimp, but for professionals."

Pros: I'm in a unique situation because I have used ActiveCampaign for my company for four years. At the same time, I have been using MailChimp for a nonprofit that I'm involved with. I use both products frequently. What keeps my impressed with AC is how much more professional of a platform it is. MailChimp seems like it is better for smaller projects. AC's interface, segmenting, and automations make it stand out.

Cons: My only gripe against ActiveCampaign is the need to have my images perfectly created and sized BEFORE I bring them into my email. With MailChimp, you can drop in nearly any kind/size of an image and you have a handy graphic tool to resize, crop, etc. Adding this to AC would be a great improvement and keep our team from having to jump into Photoshop as often.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/23
Kareem S.
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/10

"Worth the money"

Comments: I've used ActiveCampaign (with the help of Zapier) to gather all my contacts, tag them, and manage their engagement and send out my weekly newsletters. I'll eventually use it to go after more specific people for opportunities.

Pros: There are two main features that I love about ActiveCampaign, the first one is the support, ActiveCampaign do an amazing job with customer service, onboarding, answering questions, and providing the right training material. The second is that tiered approach to functionality, it can be as simple as a email tool, or as complex as a full blown CRM and that really gives flexibility.

Cons: I think one the user interface is slightly outdated, it seems like if it was modernized it can become a bit easier to digest.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/10
Cody M.
Marketing Lead
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/20

"Good value for email automation, great Support, some mediocre areas"

Comments: It's been helpful overall to create our automated email sequences. We also send a unique newsletter through each month, and track engagement. If they fixed a few of the bugs, sped up the site and improved the UI I'd say it was excellent.

Pros: We got ActiveCampaign primarily for automating email sequences, and it does this very well. The UI isn't hard to figure out, and there are lots of options for triggers to choose from. There are also many apps to integrate with, and I've found this pretty easy to do as well.

Cons: ActiveCampaign's site can be a bit slow to load, and occasionally has small errors that eat up time. For example, the automation page often starts glitching when I try to scroll down, or the Forms button can't be clicked until after I click another option in the dropdown menu. Besides that, it feels a little clunky to edit things - a mix of a slower site, UI choices and protocols to make sure you don't delete something too quickly. Not sure what I'd change exactly, but I know it seems to take awhile to get stuff done in ActiveCampaign.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/20
Jaciel H.
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/08

"Love this service"

Comments: Good solid software with great automation tools.

Pros: Easy user interface, automation, support, GDPR requirements included.

Cons: I can’t name much here, they have been really helpful in my user experience.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/08
Alex V.
Head of IT
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/07

"Easy to use with powerful featured"

Comments: So far our experience has been very positive, and I would recommend ActiveCampaign to anyone who needs a marketing platform with advanced capabilities, or who has a large mailing list like us.

Pros: The setup of the platform was straightforward and it was very easy to get started. Our account manager has been very help. We had some initial compliance issues with getting our first campaign approved, but our account manager was super helpful in getting it through, and we have had no issues since. The platform is very powerful and we have only just begun to scratch the surface of its capabilities. Despite all the capabilities, it is very easy to send our a simple mailout, without needing to go through all the extra features, but when we have used the automation and integration features, the interface was easy to use, and we had no trouble achieving our requirements.

Cons: The only downside to the implementation was that it took a few days of back and forth to get through the checking process for our first email campaign. The initial requirements we were given were completely irrelevant

• Reviewed on 2020/11/07
Vlad M.
Entrepreneur
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/06

"Impressed since day one ..."

Comments: Considering that most other software tools I use have the option to integrate with AC (which is super handy) and that through the automations I'm able to build in AC I'm able to simplify my marketing and boost results, and all for a very reasonable price, Active Campaign is a no-brainer for me and my business.

Pros: From day one I've always been a fan of AC, their marketing automations are easy to set up and use to boost my e-mail marketing and take it to a whole new level. Through their solution I'm easily able to automate, segment and communicate with my leads and customers and I'm not limited by a lack of functionality like with so many other providers.

Cons: The only real thing that always bugged me in AC is their labeling system for things like automations, forms, lists etc. It's a minor thing but it could be a lot more intuitive considering it's a basic function. The only other thing I can think to mention is that, although their customer support is great, it can take over an hour sometimes sitting on their support chat before a representative comes on.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/06
Lucie H.
Musician & Entrepreneur
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/02

"An upgrade from ANY email hosting platform"

Comments: So far my business has been growing nicely, Active Campaign integrates well with many different software programs and plugins I use - such as Elementor Pro, meaning I can set up an automation from an email form directly on a landing page. I have a lot to learn still, but it is a joy to learn with Active Campaign.

Pros: I came over to Active Campaign after a referral from a friend. I was struggling with the functionalities of Mailerlite and needed something that would fit my needs. In came Active Campaign. Pros: The world of endless possibilities. I can carefully segment my list, I can add tags according to actions they take within the email, I can set up automations that will stop if a subscriber has already been through...and so, so much more. I love that if I can think of something I'd like to do, there is always a way of doing it. The walkthroughs are fantastic and it's a friendly team to hold your hand while you set up.

Cons: Cons: If you're a little bit of a tech phobe like me, Active Campaign can seem daunting at first. It is not a service for beginners just starting out. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try though! If you invest a little time understanding all that you can do with it, you will be amazed.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/02
Stephen W.
Artist Coach/Sales
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/02

"Best Email CRM That Exists"

Comments: Will never use another CRM!

Pros: It is incredibly easy to use, and the automations are insanely advanced & user-friendly. Perfect software for any business.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike about ActiveCampaign. I have used many CRMs, and nothing compares.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/02
Ryan G.
Marketing Director
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/15

"Very strong email automation and great visual tools."

Pros: This software allows me to visualize my marketing scheme much easier than the others I've tried. It also has the best pricing structure out of all the other software I've tried for my application.

Cons: There needs to be more integration, period. Almost every marketing software out there integrates directly with constant contact, Mailchimp, even sendinblue. I have to rely on very roundabout ways to fully automate the way I need to. Hopefully this is addressed moving forward.
I'd also like to see more triggers, and more training.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/15
Tom S.
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Best E-Mail Automation Software at an affordable price"

Comments: Customer service is very good and fast. Software simply works as described and for such a vital part of your business like e-mail automation it is great to have a stable software.

Pros: The feature set AC comes with is excellent considering its low price point. You have everything you look for in an e-mail automation software and with the recent design overhaul it is a pleasure to use. Very easy to customise the e-mail layouts and building automations is very fast after you got to know how it works.

Cons: The many features you have within the software kind of make it a steep learning curve. Other than that there is nothing I could complain about.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Michał K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/28

"Best e-mail marketing tool"

Pros: Easy to set up and to use.
Easy to analyze results.
Good deliverability

Cons: API interface should have a little more option eg. there is no chance to create and send campaign based only on API.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/28
Rob C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/22

"An invaluable tool for us and our clients"

Pros: The biggest plus for me has always been that ActiveCampaign grows as you need it. For new marketers, you can start with just the basics, then as your business grows you can add new features when you need them. That's why we use it in our business and I've always steered my clients towards it. If you need the power of I*******S***, it's there for you, and if you just need a replacement for M***C****, it does that too!

Cons: It's not the prettiest interface, and it can look a little dated, but that's superficial.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/22