• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,3 /5

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Showing 1 656 reviews

Lachlan S.
IT Project Coordinator
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/24

"SmartSheet | An extraordinary tool for fast moving businesses"

Comments: Since beginning to use SmartSheet in 2017, it has been a catalyst in keeping up with an ever changing market and the increase in the use of digital tools and communication channels.

Pros: SmartSheet is a tool setup in such a way the it can be tailored to your organisation and used for multiple functions, by multiple divisions. The speed at which they are improving the platform with new functions and features is beyond amazing. Any small to medium size business trying to improve in project management, ICT management, customer service, task management, resource management, team management (the list goes on) would largely benefit from investing in SmartSheet. The ROI is incredible and the ease of rolling it out through an organisation is simple due to the intuitive UI.

Cons: The only downside I see with SmartSheet is the permission levels. These could be improved with the ability to share sheets in bulk rather than just at a workspace or individual sheet level.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/24
Anastazja L.
marketing specialist
Maritime, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/23

"my review"

Comments: I really like usin this software and always suggest to try it to my friends and collegues.

Pros: When I started to use it, I was afraid, that it will be very difficult to learn how to se it. But it turned out that it is very easy to gain goals using this sofware.

Cons: maybe i would like to have more colors for a background of the rows.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/23
Cory B.
Sr. Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/28

"Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects"

Comments: Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Pros: Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Cons: I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Mary grace S.
Brand Engagement Manager
Restaurants, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Swiss Army Knife"

Comments: I really do enjoy working with Smartsheet after we got onboarded to it. It takes a little while to learn and isn't intuitive, but once it was working, we were very efficient!

Pros: Smartsheet is a really valuable tool that is capable of tracking projects in about 7 different ways depending on the type of project, your preference on how to view it, and how many folks are on your team. The best thing about this tool is the depth it has.

Cons: The things I liked least about Smartsheet was its complexity and the look and feel of it. Compared to other tools that perform the same functions, it is not beautiful or easy to use. It looks like a finance tool or something from the early 00s.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/18
Maarten D.
Operations Assistant
Construction, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/28

"A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy"

Comments: I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pros: SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Cons: The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Kat W.
Business Process Engineer
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!"

Comments: I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap. With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Pros: There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Cons: Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers. My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

James C.
Commercial Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/30

"A bit un-human and cheeky"

Comments: Disconnected - we use InfusionSoft and despite the software being hard to use sometimes and changes happen constantly, they have mitigated risk of leaving by investing in human contact and support. I posted something to the Smartsheet community and hear nothing.

Pros: Collaboration
Action features
How to tutorials/onboarding is good
Webforms

Cons: Lack of a chat support system or ticketing system
The upsell on functions - have free collaborators now having to pay to do things they could of done prior even though they had been using the system for years. Understand if certain features are now paid to commercialise the product, however I think it is unfair to penalise historic users. If you looked at a micro level with us you will see a 200% growth in our subscription over its lifetime and I feel this short term and automated upsell could and has damaged perceptions of the overall product. 18 months ago I would of been a 10 regarding recommedations and now it is less.

Kirstine L.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/30

"Great software to create a bespoke solution"

Comments: I work for a small construction company who used to keep all their information "in their heads, or on the back of a fag packet"!!! This has revolutionised the way they work and not only stopped them from forgetting things but also given them the ability to look at live costs and income. They now have a dashboard to see the 'big picture', individual Reports to show their own specific projects, an automated transfer of information to accounts when they mark a job as complete, reminders, comments so they can stay up to date with any info added by other people, and so many other little 'life hacks' that make their lives easier. Smartsheet has changed the way we all work immeasurably for the better. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pros: I love the Smartsheet Community who will help you find ways to adapt Smartsheet to suit each individual need you may have. I've been using the software for years and every time I've wanted to use it for something new we've found a way! Sometimes there have been delays due to the capacity not being there YET, but it's easy to submit a Product Enhancement Request. There are updates and innovations ALL THE TIME and while they're not shoved down your throat, there's plenty of support out there if you want it, not only from the Community but also videos and webinars (live or recorded). If you've got the motivation and imagination then I think the possibilities are unlimited, without needing to be a programmer or have any coding knowledge.

Cons: There's not much I can say that's bad about Smartsheet. I find it slightly difficult that it's very US based and I'm in the UK, but that's true of most comparable software. I'm also not keen on the Learning Centre as it sometimes assumes a level of knowledge that is beyond me and I find it incomprehensible! It's not a problem though as I can easily turn to the Community!

Sara G.
Product Strategy Manager
Insurance, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Love the versatility"

Comments: I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Pros: I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Cons: All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Sarantos P.
Vice President of Operations

"Smartsheet Review"

Comments: We use the software to track daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. We work with hundreds of clients who send in requests each week, and the software allows us to track the requests, and progress of the tasks.

Pros: Simplicity of use. Minimal downtime. Customer support has been great, and very responsive. Communication when downtime will occur, or when issues are taking place.

Cons: I do not have any issues or complaints regarding the software.

Darrin B.
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees

"Quick points"

Pros: ·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time.
· Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

Cons: ·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work.
·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet.
·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections.
·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Rob D.
Clinical Business Analyst
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/08

"We use Smartsheet for Project Management"

Comments: As I mentioned, we use Smartsheet extensively for project planning and project management. But we also use it to run a help desk for our Electronic Health Record System. Here the forms feature comes in really handy. Users fill out a form to add tasks to the help desk. We also use it to manage our individual tasks and queues. And our development department is building sheets to track donations and plan promotions. We often export the data and use it to build Tableau reports.

Pros: Projects are easy to set up with the built in functionality. There are lots of built in templates that you can use. But we have found it most helpful to build our own templates. We really appreciate being able to add dependencies, working and non working days, and duration. Then the start and end dates fill in automatically. We have found that the learning curve is not nearly as steep for Smartsheet as it was for Microsoft Project. Another really helpful feature is being able to use formulas in the Project Plan. Our team schedules our work using a points system. I was able to create formulas that take the number of points for that task and who is assigned to that task to create a point breakdown for each person or team assigned. We then use the linking feature to link the total points for the project, the points accomplished, and the status of the project to a master "Queue" sheet. Smartsheet has special formula values available for children and ancestors of a task. So, we use a simple =Sum(Children()) formula to add up the points. Actually, the formulas end up being more complicated because we can test whether the row has children or not and do different things depending on the test. For instance, when summing the work completed if the task has no children, then the product of the percent complete and points gives us the number of points completed. If the row is a parent, then the formula sums the children.

Cons: For project planning the resources feature is not as helpful as it could be. The main reason is that if a staff is assigned to a row during a particular time, the resource function assumes that they are 100% allocated for that time. So, if you have three tasks that overlap, the resource allocations shows 300%. We have mitigated that by routinely filling in 30% allocation for each resource. This helps to take into account the fact that a task although it lasts a full week won't take up all the staff's time. One idea I have had recently--but haven't tried yet--is to make a formula that takes the number of points for the task and assigns an appropriate allocation number based on points per week. The other feature that we haven't found useful is the "Critical Path." How the software determines what is on the critical path is a mystery. I'm not sure why it chooses some tasks that have dependencies filled in, but not others that seem to be just as important.

Jordan K.
Director of Technology
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/08

"Versatile Project Management Tool"

Comments: We use Smartsheet in lots of ways -- from spinning up dashboards to show our operations teams how they're doing on any given day to managing data transfers from sales to operations to crafting project plans for implementations to tracking survey responses when projects are completed. It's an incredibly versatile tool that, with a little creativity, can produce amazing results.

Pros: I love how accessible and customizable the product is. We're able to make it do so much to integrate various departments and help work flow across the organization.

Cons: Some of the features aren't carried from sheet to sheet when you save as a Template or save a project as "new", and having to reconfigure alert rules can be time consuming.

Steve M.
Director of Digital Engagement
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/08

"Enterprise features and pricing mean you can probably find a startup alternative"

Comments: I hated it a few years back when I first started using it. The thing that won me over and made me a power user was the interface refresh about a year ago. I then took the Smartsheet training to be certified and that opened my eyes to the power of the tool (and also to the fact that the sheets I hated were users in our company using it very, very WRONG). Anyway, while we do love it, there are a few antiquated things like concurrent editing that are truly broken (Google sheets can do this just fine!) and the recent price increase for our contract means that we are probably moving to another tool.

Pros: --You can easily switch between different views of the same data, e.g. grid vs. Kanban
--Dashboards and reporting are both powerful
--Growing number of integrations
--Commenting per-row is excellent
--Can be used as a simple spreadsheet
--Security/permissions are robust and intuitive
--Excellent training and certs available
--Forms feature is pretty complete for basic stuff
--Very extensive formula capabilities, almost like Excel
--The "business" pricing tier would actually be quite adequate for my group's needs, vs. the enterprise plan
--Nesting/hierarchy of rows can be useful

Cons: --No in-cell formatting
--Awkward multi-user editing, no auto-save, other users keep resetting views
--Reporting is difficult, meaning that you have to create separate complex reports instead of just saved views
--Not a true database or app builder
--Notifications system is wonky, delayed, and hard for new users to tame
--Very easy to abuse and misuse, even worse than Excel because you can add in the nesting/hierarchy (we have one user in particular that makes the most gawdawful sheets you've ever seen, partly because of the inherent Smartsheet interface)
--Attachments are pretty rough, not easily visible or visual, and no desktop app integrations (e.g. save a file from Word to SmartSheet)
--No concept of a "document" or app, only the spreadsheet motif; can't do notes or instructions very easily, for example, so people overload rows for this and that makes reporting even harder when you have to manually select rows
--Forms feature not embeddable or graphically complete with formatting to make it look nice
--Not clear how you combine formulas and forms without overwriting formulas at the bottom--I haven't figured this out yet even after years of using it
--Enterprise pricing is now forcing us to consider alternatives, including lower tiers of Smartsheet

• Reviewed on 2019/08/08
Joel F.
Senior Manager of Planning
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/01

"Smartsheet to the rescue for my project planning!"

Comments: I love the product. I built many dashboards for many projects and adoption was growing within the company, but the cost was higher than other software. It should compete with Microsoft Planner (0$) and Microsoft Project Online (10$ a month)

Pros: I love that the learning curve is so low. This helps the adoption rate within the company

Cons: Could be much easier to integrate with Microsoft Teams for example

• Reviewed on 2020/04/01
Rachel L.
Account Manager
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

"Smartsheet User Review"

Comments: I started out not knowing what Smartsheet was, but we had some company wide projects I was a part of that allowed me to get a basic knowledge. Afterward, I was able to research as well as complete Smartsheet training which as caused me to love the software even more. I am one of 2 certified users in our company, allowing me to assist and teach others and to help push out other projects within Smartsheet. We started out with only 3-4 of us using the program, and now every employee within our company uses Smartsheet on a daily basis. We have been able to centralize and share a lot of information, and Smartsheet has even allowed for better interaction with our Clients.

Pros: I love all of the options for automation and the ease of organization. There are a great amount of options when sharing/storing data, and it is accessible on multiple platforms, which is helpful on the go. I appreciate that there are online learning opportunities to better your experience and improve your Smartsheet skills. This has also helped spread the use of Smartsheet throughout our company. I love that multiple team members can access and communicate across one sheet without having to track items down.

Cons: Some of the dashboard options are limited. I also miss the ability to have multiple tabs open in Smartsheet, as now I often end up with multiple tabs in my browser open instead.

Rebecca C.
Telecommunications, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"With the right access - it's a GREAT tool"

Comments: With the right access (Admin+) I LOVE what Smartsheet can do. I see the value it brings.

Pros: AWESOME cloud based functionality that really helps manage projects and our entire portfolio. GREAT feature to engage your audience is all you need is an email to SHARE the sheet and others can have access (even though they may not use Smartsheet). LOVE the easy "update request" feature/ability.

Cons: There is a lot I feel this lacks:
- The ability to create a Visio type image for a timeline (when your entire plan is in SS, we need more than just a gnat chart to use to Director level meetings) - we need different types of color
- When ONE column name is changed EVERY SINGLE REPORT that has that column name has to be updated - there should be an auto update/replace ability (and NOT an add on feature for $40k+)
- Report Summary - just like a sheet summary feature, there should be the SAME ability for a REPORT to summarize as 90% of what you use/summarize is on a REPORT, not necessarily in a sheet
-PIVOT Charts - I know this is NOT excel, but I can whip together data much easier in excel than I can in SS
-Formatting & editing ability in a REPORT (I don't want to always go back to my SHEET to format data) - i want to just format the data i need on the report
- Ability to add formula's to a report (the data we use is more than likely on a report...not a sheet)

Erich S.
HR Business Partner
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/20

"A functional hybrid of project management software and excel"

Pros: Smartsheet is fantastic if you are a project manager or anyone that tracks things collaboratively.
I use it daily to keep track of projects. It is like google sheets but has much more functionality with a unique blend of project management flavors. It is easy and intuitive once you get the hang of it, and doubly so if you are accustomed to using google sheets. Even if your teammates don't have licenses, you can invite them to look at and collaborate with your project, add comments, attachments, and even alerts.
As an applicant tracker, I use it to keep track of new hires. We attach their new hire paperwork to the smartsheet (instead of emailing sensitive documents) and other HR members can go in and look and progress, check off when they do their part (benefits orientation, enter into payroll etc) so i can keep track of where the employee is in the process.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve. When you first use it, you think that there isn't much difference to google sheets, but once you go through the training, see examples and use it for awhile, it is hard to go back to google sheets because it just doesn't have the functionality you need.
Some of the formula functionality of say, excel is missing, but they are making improvements to the platform all the time.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/20
Jon H.
Prefabrication Foreman
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Smartsheet is a life-saver!"

Comments: Smartsheet has been critical in fulfilling our needs for having customizable, cloud based live-documents to share between our teams. It's wonderful to be able to create & change forms to fit our needs. The reports & dashboards have been huge time-savers in helping to show critical information with each other and our teams.

Pros: Smartsheet has infinite customization options to fit your needs.

Cons: Smartsheet does not currently have a convenient data validation option where I can place data easily to be used on multiple sheets & only update it the one central location.

Knowledge Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/15

"Great project organization and sharing tool"

Comments: Overall Smartsheet has been great for helping our teams get organized and share projects. It’s a great alternative to Excel spreadsheets, with lots of additional features and sharing capabilities.

Pros: I love the ability to create multiple projects and group them by folder. For our account managers, this made it easy to identify projects by client. Project sharing is also a great feature - simply copy and paste the link to the sheet you want to share and voila!

Cons: It can be difficult to get up and running if you’re expecting the functionality to be the same as Excel sheets. It doesn’t use the same formulas. The online tutorials are helpful though.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/15
Samantha S.
Senior Marketing Manager
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees

"Smartsheet Increases Efficiency"

Comments: The largest benefit of using Smartsheet has been utilizing the forms to track, prioritize, organize, assign, and monitor the large volume of requests we receive.

Pros: Our small marketing team is supporting the needs of sales, operations, and recruiting departments in a rapidly growing company. We found that we were being buried with requests via email, which was becoming problematic. Smartsheet brought our department to a new level of organization and efficiency. We've published several request forms for the field, which automatically populate and get assigned to the correct person on the back end of our sheets. These forms require requesters to provide all the necessary information for our team to fulfill their needs, eliminating tons of time-consuming back and forth. Additionally, when a member of the team is absent, Smartsheet makes it easy for the rest of the team to keep on top of the workload and find any documents through the attachments feature. We are very pleased with this program!

Cons: I would like to have more formatting ability with the forms to make them a bit more aesthetically pleasing and organized for the user. It would be nice to be able to bold text, change text colors and spacing, etc.

Melodee T.
Program Associate
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/06

"Multifunctional project management for any size organization"

Comments: Smartsheet has been a godsend for our team. We were all over the place before we starting using the platform. We have a large portfolio of programs and projects, which Smartsheet keeps us on track with and allows us to collaborate in one place. Reporting has been a breeze and has kept everyone aware of where each project is at any give point in time. The conditional formatting has also been a lifesaver to call out at-risk or upcoming tasks as we need to be aware of them.

Pros: + I appreciate the way Smartsheet is organized and it is extremely user-friendly. There are a ton of templates and tutorials available but if all else fails, the customer service is on point!
+ The reporting features are amazing and ideal for status reporting
+ There are many apps that can be integrated in to the Smartsheet, so whatever a team uses whether it be Google Drive, Slack, Evernote, Docusign, etc, the work great with the Smartsheet platform
+ Conditional formatting is useful

Cons: - Our portfolio is large and has many moving parts and sometimes our Smartsheet has become excessively large
- Linking sheets into a larger sheet to feed into a dashboard would be amazing if it were only that easy. Linking can be quite a chore. This may be simply due to user error and may be I need to look at a few more tutorials

• Reviewed on 2019/02/06
John L.
Senior Program Manager
Computer Software, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/04

"Taking collaboration to the next level!"

Comments: Smartsheet has been a game changer for our organization. For more effective collaboration through forms and "published" sheets embedded in a wiki page, to dashboards that provide our execs with roll-up status, it's been a big win for us.

Pros: Easy setup, quick to get up-to-speed using Smartsheet's most powerful features. I use Smartsheet as my team's "checklist" every day. And the fact that you can easily build custom forms to have your stakeholders add new rows/requests or update existing truly makes it the ultimate collaboration platform. Being an old-school project/program manager, I love the Gantt view, and it's so easy to build a dashboard pulling data from multiple sheets or reports to roll-up your status into an exec-level snapshot view. And being able to "publish" editable views of your sheet so those in your org who are not licensed Smartsheet users can provide updates is a huge plus! Our team is made of of hundreds, located around the globe and Smartsheet has made collaboration part of our DNA.

Cons: I would like to see more automation available, like automation of reports based on a template when new rows are added that require a new/unique report.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/04
Jennifer S.
Application Analyst
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Enhanced power to collaborate"

Comments: In my time using Smartsheet (4+ years) I have seen the functions and features expand and I truly believe that Smartsheet cares about their customer's experience and needs. The workflow manager is one feature that has provided a huge benefit to our organization. We can automate notifications based on specific triggers to keep everyone 'in the know' when needed or even move a task to a completed Smartsheet and not loose the history associated. These efficiencies paired with the collaboration capabilities make Smartsheet an integral tool for our teams.

Pros: I love the collaboration power in Smartsheet. Users can be both viewing and editing sheets at the same time, which makes for major efficiencies in workflows. Updates are in real time and Smartsheet is even intuitive enough to provide a notification if changes have been made to your sheet and you should refresh. The days of having various versions of spreadsheets circulating are over.

Cons: Smartsheet is a very powerful tool, but there are still some basic spreadsheet features that are only available as add-ons for an additional charge. I would like to see some of this functionality rolled into the standard platform in the future (pivot tables is a great example of this).

Brooke R.
Senior Director, Work-Based Learning
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/29

"Project Management, Dashboards, and Streamlined Visibility"

Comments: Smartsheet has allowed my team to streamline our communications by keeping task lists, documents, and project management tracking all in one place. We use it for everyday work tasks, major projects, and internal tracking of assignments. This is the perfect software to use with both internal and external stakeholders!

Pros: - Easy to use and intuitive
- Upscales Excel to allow for linked documents, comments, and other sites
- Accessible to internal and external stakeholders

Cons: - Not enough flexibility in formatting (ex: bolder lines to help visually break up the document, especially for printing)

• Reviewed on 2019/10/29