Filter by:

• Overall

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Showing 1 909 reviews

Patrick H.
Procurement
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Solid software for quick and easy spreadsheets & Gantt charts"

Comments: While I prefer Smartsheet for Gantt charts, or quick and simple spreadsheets due to its ease of use, I have been disappointed with all of the other marketed features, and would recommend Google Sheets in general, since it is similarly collaborative, has better options for in-depth formulas, customizing of sheets and automated emailing with query's and G-script, and is free.

Pros: Smartsheet is my preferred software for Gantt charts, and for quick & simple spreadsheets. The formatting features are especially effective, such as easy indenting and quick checkbox options that can be used with formulas. Gantt charts on Smartsheet are quick and intuitive with all the options I would like to have. Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Cons: The big Con with Smartsheet is that it lacks the in-depth features of similar spreadsheet software that is also usually freely available.
Conditional formatting the way you would like it to work can take a surprisingly long time, as it can take many conditions (often one per column per action) to accomplish what you would think would take a handful.
Automatic email sending from sheets sounds great but is still not very fleshed out, and options are pretty limited.
Complex formulas usually need to be done in several hidden columns or they can end up taking large paragraphs of hard-to-edit text and numbers due to lack of formula options. This can also make complicated spreadsheets pretty slow.
Bugs occur infrequently, but make me prefer to double check important sheets.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/15
Derek W.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/24

"Smartsheet: The only reason I have time for vacation"

Comments: We have solved a plethora of project schedule tracking needs, paired with a system to house our files and notes with a meaningful and useful structure. I use Smartsheet for a 1000 different reasons, and hope that new tools and features keep getting added to my toolbox.

Pros: My favorite tool in Smartsheet would have to be a combination use of automated reminders, overdue milestone reports, assigning staff to tasks, and running detailed reports to check on my team's current progress. Paired with cross sheet cell linking, index/match where needed, and Datamesh when running large scale reporting when conditional formatting may be needed is a bundle of brilliance. Simply a great batch of tools for the job.

Cons: No file renaming option. Limited sheet summary report functionality. Limited batch update tools to revise and align current project sheets. Lack of permission settings without additional purchased feature packages.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: After reviewing the functionality of Smartsheet and the tools it had to offer, we quickly realized that we were missing out on this toolset and Smartsheet could automate the repetitive tasks that our humans were completing. Now we have freed up the extra time needed to allow our current staff to problem solve, rather than spending the day stuck in repetitional tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: MS Project simply does not have all of the tools needed for success. Smartsheet captures all of the vital points that MSP has to offer and pairs it with real time linking and much more.

Jonathan B.
Preconstruction Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/24

"Smartsheet for Homebuilding company"

Comments: Customer service is really amazing.

Pros: I love the ability to create tasks and basically create as many filters as I want/need. The new dashboard feature is really nice. I use it for our design requests, precon schedule and we are currently working on using it in our construction schedule. Some slight bugs and limitations but overall working well.

Cons: The calendar apps is just awful. Don't recommend using it. Very limited ability. I wish they would just make tweak the calendar view slightly. Need the ability to show multi columns on calendar date. Also would be nice to display calendar view on a dashboard without publishing it. That on works horribly on the mobile version. We have a lot of field guys and the mobile version is not the best for viewing stuff.

Renee W.
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/30

"Smartsheet for the win"

Comments: The initial setup of some of my Smartsheets was cumbersome and time consuming. HOWEVER, it was well worth it. Now that I know how to navigate around, it does not take as long to get a Smartsheet up and running. I enjoy setting up new Smartsheet projects and teaching others how to use or navigate around the project. I literally learn something new everyday.

Pros: Because I use this software on a daily basis, I need to be able to navigate around fairly quickly. For the most part, I am able to do this. When I do have a question or can't figure out how to do something, the search function either in the Solution Center or a search in Google often produce great results. And if if doesn't, customer service is superb and I am able to get pretty close to an immediate response or help. I do like how I can create a Dashboard that can house any type of information from links to other Smartsheets, forms, other websites, the list is endless. It helps bring projects and/or information together in one area that is easy to navigate through.

Cons: Although I know this isn't excel, I do wish it had more functionality like excel. With that said, the more I use this program, the more I do love it and am able to maneuver my way around easier.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/30
Candace G.
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/22

"Great tool for project management"

Comments: Collaboration during projects is key to our business. Smartsheet has helped us centralise our project documentation into one central repository and ensure that we have artifacts for each project we complete.

Pros: My company uses Smartsheet to manage projects. We are a software implementation consulting service working with clients (remotely) and collaboration and instant updates to shared project plans, action items lists and contact information is important to ensure the successful management and completion of a project. The reports and widget functions make dashboard reporting easier and more efficient. The ability to export to Excel or Microsoft Projects means that we can collaborate easily with clients who use other tools within their organisation. The notification functionality is great as well, whether it's getting notified of a change on a sheet, or notified that something has been assigned to you.

Cons: I would like to be able to copy directly from Smartsheet into Word, PowerPoint or Outlook (in table format) rather than having to copy into Excel, then copying from Excel to another program to get a table. It's a small thing, but frustrating when all you want to do is copy a portion of a project plan or action list into an email and it comes out as text instead of formatted as a table. :-( I would also like to be able to display the Gantt chart in different formats for use in presentations and documentation. The standard Gantt chart view is fine, but it would be nice to be able to change colours, font or even the width of the bars to make it more appealing in presentations.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/22
Kristie S.
IT Business Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!"

Comments: I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

Cons: I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for. I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Melanie C.
Melanie C.
Sr. Supervisor, HIT Business Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/06

"Versatile and Powerful Tool"

Comments: My company was already using Smartsheet for basic task tracking when I started. Upon discovering how we could use dashboards, our utilization took off! We have now designed solutions for departments company-wide, improving management's visibility to workloads and processes. It's impressive how many problems Smartsheet has been able to solve.

Pros: - Ease of Use - No need to involve programmers to create custom solutions
- Versatility - customizable sheets and dashboards for different departments and needs
- Support - AMAZING user forum, help pages, support department

Cons: Row and cell link limitations - I bump up against the cell link limitations often, although I can work around them by saving my metrics into multiple sheets.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/06
Director of Project Management
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/08

"Excellent project management tool!"

Comments: I joined my team in 2017 and was asked to establish our PM management system - knowing that I didn't have the budget for some of the more robust tools, I needed to find one that wasn't only user friendly but had all the capabilities I needed to create the complex timelines and reporting that I needed. Smartsheet was recommended to me and when I finally did a walk through I felt like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. Since then, I've been able to setup the platform and project management system for my team and we adjust it as needed along the way with ease. We also have been able to find uses outside of my project management needs to track form responses and other data management needs.

Pros: easy to set-up processes, ongoing product improvements and additions, great team capabilities, quick and easy adoption due to familiarity of tool to MS Project/Excel style, many different uses outside of projects timelines, very cost effective

Cons: interface feels dated (although they're continuously working on this) and not created for non-project team members, dashboard tool and capabilities could use some improvements, sometimes creating cross-functional sheets can be clunky and unnecessarily complex.

Sadaf G.
Sadaf G.
Sustainability Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/16

"SmartSheet- Highly recommended Project Management Software"

Comments: We have a global team of collaborators often working on the same document. SmartSheet, being a web-based collaborative tool makes it effortless to delegate and track tasks, allocate resources, and oversee budget in a concise form. The transparency in this tool is exemplary as one can view activity logs and track changes. Unlike its main competitor MS Project, SmartSheet is capable of tracking real-time workflow wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected across the entire team in an instant.
It functions spectacularly on a range of operating systems (I use it on iOS as well) and has proven to be a cohesive platform to visualize project data in real time, all in one place for all relevant team members to view and work on. I would highly recommend SmartSheet for teams who are looking for project management software that requires minimum training with maximum output.

Pros: SmartSheet is a cloud-based tool that helps Project Managers better align their resources, cost and time. Being a part of a virtual team responsible for collaborating whilst managing critical projects, Smartsheet has been indispensable in helping us track project timeline through interactive Gantt charts, establish critical paths, manage team resources, analyze budget and costs, in addition, to document sharing through OneDrive, Skype and even the app.
It is definitely reliable, has a simple user interface, flexibility in function, offers real-time data tracking through dashboards and training additional collaborators is uncomplicated. I love how SmartSheet offers a powerful conditional formatting feature, visualization of data that is editable and printable for presentations and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is straightforward, unlike its counterparts.
Another thumbs up feature is that SmartSheet offers a 30-day trial wherein full functionality can be tested and project plans produced before actually investing in the software!

Cons: Our firm works from Sunday to Thursday (unlike the USA) and though they are advised well ahead, maintenance windows don't always align with our schedule, and we have to work around that. One attribute that can definitely be improved is the option of turning on auto-save, instead of manually saving the document. Often the development of a comprehensive project plan across several collaborators is quite intense and even if one of them fails to manually save the document, it is quite a hassle.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/16
IT Manager
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Fantastic Product"

Comments: Great customer service. Ever-improving features. 100% cloud so you can collaborate from anywhere with virtually any device (desktop and/or app). Smartsheet has become an indispensable part of how we run our business.

Pros: Smartsheet is an amazing product and helps keep our whole company on schedule and collaborating in real time. It is really flexible and easy to start using. Once you have used it for a while, you will want to do more and more with it, and there never seems to be a limit to what you can do. They are also constantly adding new helpful features. One that was really useful to me was a kanban view called cardview. But there is also classic spreadsheet view, gannt view, and calendar view. In addition to sheets, you can also run reports off the sheets which filter the data down for particular users or departments. These reports can be editable or read-only. You can also look at your data in real time using dashboards. We have been using Smartsheet for several years now, and we still feel like we are only scratching the surface of its capabilities. Another great feature is that you can have unlimited free collaborators. These people can use the sheets/reports/dashboard and enter data. However, it is only the paid users who can create and maintain the sheets. Over time, you may find more people in your organisation want to be creators, and it is easy to add licenses as needed.

Cons: There's not much I can say negative about this software. On rare occasions there can be unexpected outages or loss of functionality, but that is very rare indeed. There are sometimes maintenance windows on the weekend which can last up to 4 hours at a time, but these are advised well ahead of time. I think the only business that wouldn't want to use smartsheet is one that operates 24/7. If you are a normal Monday to Friday business, smartsheet will be fine for you.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/16
Paula G.
Production Coordinator
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/08

"Small Business gets a workhorse for a pony budget with Smartsheet"

Comments: For small business, affordable and versatile software that allows a team running in ten directions at once to stay on the same sheet of music and not miss a beat is an invaluable resource.

Pros: We are a video production company. Our small business needed software that could manage numbers, tasks and information in an affordable, user-friendly, sharable format. We get the muscle of spreadsheets with broad functionality for our office manager, multifaceted task management versatility of visually-rich Gantt charts for our producers, real-time multi-user file sharing, and the ability to access our projects and information remotely on location via our smartphones. We can create forms to amass customer information at trade shows; share files or sections of documents with clients; add photos, links, and conversations to ongoing tasks; and set important files up to be automatically backed up. Smartsheet is the busy creative team's dream!

Cons: On the very rare occasion that there is a server issue and the software is down, we whine like petulant children. We have come to rely on Smartsheet as it puts everything at our fingertips 24/7/365. We are spoiled and we know it!

Claudia B.
Supervisor, Business Analysis
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Smartsheet Organized Our Business"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. It's easy to learn if you already know how to use MS Project and excel. To me, it's a combination of the two, but with so many more features. I love the idea of the dashboard. It makes creating a centralized area so easy to deploy. I also love how the application looks professional.

Pros: Smartsheet is one of the best applications we've implemented in our company. When I started with the company 5 years ago, I brought Smartsheet to our IT department and asked if we can test it out to better organized our project intake. I didn't know after 5 years that we would add almost all staff within the company to start using Smartsheet. Now, it's a staple in our organization and I couldn't picture doing business without it.

Cons: There's a lot of upselling features. We've made it work so far, but it seems like anything we'd like to integrate with it, we have to pay the extra cost. I understand the business structure, but for the license price we're paying, I feel a lot of the additional features should be bundled with the application.

Sean B.
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/29

"Smartsheet is a smart choice"

Pros: Extremely low on-boarding time for new users. Stable collaboration platform. Ability to harvest data with Power BI. Ability to use reports to show individuals their slice of a much larger data set or task list with two way updating between the report and the parent sheet. The continuous improvement model where user requested features get built in, like being able to turn a cell formula into a column formula.

Cons: No significant issues, although we have yet to use the resource/time tracking features.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project and Google Sheets

Switched From: Microsoft Excel and Adobe Workfront

• Reviewed on 2021/07/29
Matthew O.
Managing Partner
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

"Game Changer"

Comments: Our entire workflow from order entry to shipping the finished product is now run by Smartsheet's. At any point in the process, our team all have access to see where a job is from start to finish in real time. The time spent on the phone with customer follow up has decreased exponentially.

Pros: The ease of set up to implementation was a breeze, and on boarding new users is a simple process.

Cons: SO far it does everything we have asked of it and more!

Alternatives Considered: Splashtop Business Access

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Ease of use and multiple viewers and collaborators

Switched From: Excel Database Tasks (EDT)

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: Ease of use and implementation.

Mark K.
Timing Specialist
Automotive, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Smartsheet for program management, tracking and reporting"

Comments: Managing and reporting of programs and equipment purchases through buy-offs.

Pros: The ability to collaborate on a sheet is great. Being able to customize the schedules to provide statuses of tasks using formulas on the sheet provided us the ability to report program statuses. Being able to generate reports and consolidate the data into dashboard customization for our needs. Being able to have all associated files in a workspace that be duplicated and reconfigured for a new program is good.

Cons: There are limitations on the sheet levels regarding cell referencing. Depending on the total set of formulas on a sheet there can be performance issues. Creation on charts with assigned colors can be an issue since you need a data point of greater than zero to assign a color.

Craig R.
Marketing Services Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/25

"Effective, costly super spreadsheet"

Comments: We used Smartsheet as a simplified task manager to replace another project management system and shared spreadsheet files. It was able to successfully manage the workflow and project load for multiple ecommerce websites and a high volume of online marketing activities, in addition to frequent new product introductions, all with a very small team. The management team really liked the results, but the users did not prefer using the software. Due to the high pricing, only 60% of the team had user accounts and the others had to report updates to be added.

Pros: Since it's based on a spreadsheet / table design, it is quick to learn and easy for team adoption. It's a great alternative for teams that have tried many of the more complex / visual project management platforms without much luck. At the end of the day, I found that project deadlines and tasks were updated and followed much more consistently in Smartsheet than several previous attempts. In addition, Smartsheet has one of the more extensive set of integrations, so virtually any sized enterprise platform or even niche software tool you use probably plays well together with it.

Cons: Though there are a variety of views and automation features embedded in the spreadsheet-like format, it ultimately is a powerful spreadsheet and generally offers somewhat less functionality than many teams expect from a fully featured project management tool, especially when it comes to visual organization. In addition, the software is overpriced in the age of comparable freemium tools (there is no free version outside of the trial). It is very difficult to justify the expense based on the feature set for moderately sized teams when there are many solid alternatives with better or more flexible pricing for smaller teams.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/25
Justin H.
Director of IT

"More than excel online"

Comments: We use Smartsheet in two primary areas. Area 1 - as a replacement for excel documents that are essentially static documents that were shared. Moving the documents to smartsheet has made sharing intentional because they are shared to named users, instead of general access on the file system. It has also made access of the documents easier because remote access is enabled by default. Your phone or home computer immediately has the files available. Area 2 - business process development. We use smartsheet to deal with business processes that involve multiple steps. A basic example is maintenance requests for equipment. We have a smart sheet which keeps a log of requests and the disposition of the request. A form was created that lives on our intranet. A request is made through the form which populates the smartsheet tracking the requests. When a row is created an alert is made to the support department. Logic on the smartsheet took data entered in the form and created the appropriate "action" link to the appropriate vendor supporting the equipment and set the status as in process. The user receiving the alert access smartsheet and have all of the information they require available to take action. At the conclusion of the maintenance request the records disposition is updated to completed (or the appropriate status).

Pros: Cloud based
Easy to share documents
Easy to setup basic automations around business processes
Full support for mobile devices and desktop compute
No training required to access "basic" features - if your users are excel users they are smartsheet users
Search options are incredibly powerful, and incredibly easy to access

Cons: Formatting options are better in excel.
Formula options are better in excel.

Kelsey B.
Marketing Content Coordinator
Sporting Goods, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/05

"Smartsheet is an amazing tool to keep projects moving along!"

Comments: Smartsheet allowed me to personally increase the project management aspect of my role. It also allowed me to quickly and efficiently manage and update campaigns, content calendars and other key pieces of our marketing organization to keep projects moving forward.

Pros: Smartsheet is my all time favorite marketing software! Not only can you include and integrate project management, sales and other departmental functions but for marketing alone Smartsheet allows you to easily manage campaigns, events, content calendars, website and allows for initiative tracking (i.e. - results). Within each of these functions, you can assign users who are in charge of projects, enhance the internal communications by parties seeing where one is in the process and collaborate amongst many different departments. It truly allows for multiple business functions to be able to come together in one place for a strong marketing, sales and project management platform.

Cons: Smartsheet can operate very slowly when there is a large amount of data in a certain sheet. It decreases the strong user experience and also can make the process more cumbersome at times. The sheets can also be deleted with one click of a button and never be recovered again so you have to be mindful of your actions on the sheet and know all users who are using the platforms have been properly onboarded.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/05
Danny S.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Smart Sheet - Shared Excel without the Fear"

Comments: It has been great for collaboration and is easy for new users to learn - not nearly as daunting as Excel. It has helped us organize and streamline many things, and for project management it has been absolutely essential.

Pros: It is easy to use, web based, easily shareable, and very nimble, able to be used for a variety of applications.

Cons: Some of their support is more reliant on the community; logging in to view these things often takes you away from your original query. Would be nice if some Excel formulas worked without "translating" them to SmartSheet formulas (note: most formulas work just fine, but power users will find a few frustrating discrepancies).

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: Ease of collaboration (though MS has made progress with Excel - keep innovating, SmartSheet!), ease of introduction for new users, ease of access via web or app.

Patti F.
Director of Procurement
Wireless, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/29

"Very helpful Software for team collaboration"

Comments: I was introduced to Smart Sheets over 2 years ago and it has been a great product to work with. The overall software is easy to use and building sheets can be done fairly quickly. It has been a great way to get information into one place and it has been a great tool to collaborate with our field teams. As a purchasing team, we need to get a lot of information in order to make sure that our orders are placed correctly and we have been able to use Smartsheet to do this. It is very flexible and when we need additional info, it's simple to add another column and then that field onto the web form. It has been an extremely helpful tool for my team and I look forward to the continued features to come!

Pros: It is a great way to actively collaborate with field teams and to get the information needed for actionable next steps. The web forms are easy to set up and can be used from Day 1. It also helps to eliminate the need for emailing back and forth to clarify the needs of the requester.

Cons: I don't like the new format where the attachments pop out from the right hand side of the screen. I also think that there could be some additional formulas added to mimic excel a bit more. Also, I think the web forms could be beefed up to allow for more features and types of columns. Creating dashboards is extremely complicated and should be made more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/29
Jamila G.
Project Task Management Consultant
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/15

"Best for collaboration and remote working"

Pros: It allows the team to collaborate while some members are in office and others are at work. Smartsheet can be applied to so many of the organisation's needs. We use this software for several things including internal data collection with forms, project management, meeting management and storing reference material.

Cons: Because of my experience with Microsoft Project I do sometimes get frustrated that some higher level functions are not there. For example, it would be great to export and print project dashboards as a form of reporting. For the price though, it gets the job done.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: At the time Project did not have online version that facilitated the level of collaboration that Smartsheet does.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/15
Karen S.
Clinical Quality Supervisor
Mental Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/03

"Healthcare applications"

Pros: I found the software easy to learn and the training modules are quick and informative. Everyday we learn a new way to use Smartsheet to better organize and manage our workflows and projects. The Dashboards and reports take a little bit of learning of the widgets capabilities, but they are very helpful in providing a nice easy method of showing upper management data and reports. I like that Smartsheet has continued to add new capabilities and seem to listen to the users wants. Tech support has been responsive to issues reported.

Cons: There are some tasks and formulas that are just not possible, or the formula would be 10 lines long. I do find the view very light and sometimes hard to read. Wish the intro period was longer than 90 days as we only have a limited number of licensed users and other staff want to try and use/create their own projects on their own to learn how it works...and this often takes more than 90 days.

• Reviewed on 2021/09/03
Suhailah S.
Suhailah S.
Administrative Assistant
Retail, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/08

"Best for fast growing business"

Pros: Smartsheet definitely can be very helpful for a company that has many branches and department, that everyone need to communicate and connect continuously. It can handle that many user on the same time, but making it look easy for collaborating either on project or task. The communication platform is one of the best i have used ever.

Cons: Customization is the real problem I had with this software, as there are too many team and department that are using this software, it will be too confusing and messy if every team has their own customization of the project interface and workflow. The dashboard design should be upgraded to make it look minimalist.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/08
Stephonáe N.
Digital Media Technician
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/14

"Smartsheets: Data and Project Management for the 21st Century"

Comments: This has been an incredible experience. The Smartsheet support team is highly responsive, they help troubleshoot, they've assisted in envisioning ways to make projects come to life through the program. Best customer service I've ever experienced.

Pros: I like that Excel users can transfer over relatively easily to Smartsheets. From there, almost anything you ever wished about Excel but could not accomplish, along with front-facing customization is possible.

Cons: I wish I could upload files to Smartsheet Dashboards without having to use Onedrive or Dropbox, as these are not HIPPA or FERPA compliant products. Also wish there was a mail merge option inside of Smartsheets instead of through Google Docs for the same reason. Maintaining data in one place (Smartsheets) is a high value to our department.

Stella H.
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Smartsheet Review for Projects"

Comments: I like the fact that you can export them into several versions, like Excel or PDF. Overall, this has been a positive experience.

Pros: Once I got used to using it, it was really pretty easy. I was a longtime Excel Spreadsheet user and the transition over was pretty easy. It was great for us since we have several people that work in the same spreadsheet at the same time.

Cons: I have used Excel to set up spreadsheets in the past. Sometimes they will not transfer over in the way I need them to.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05