• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,4 /5

About mHelpDesk

The fastest, easiest, and highest value service management software to automate everything from first customer contact to getting paid.

Learn more about mHelpDesk

Luis C.
Technology Manager
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"Update to previous review after 3 years"

Comments: Another really pet peeve that I did not have enough space for under Cons: It's ridiculous right from the beginning and for years now, you can't hide or remove former users you deleted from the Staff List. Anyone you add will be there forever, cluttering up your view of the Staff list. It's things like this, while initially we were very much advocates for mHelpDesk and thought it had a lot of potential, our views have changed because it just seems stagnant. That, and given subscription prices have risen a lot more than when we started. We've been able to negotiate lower prices as a long time customer, but if we had to pay today's rates based on what we know now, we would look for something else. And it's ok enough for us to stay, but if they were to raise our rates to current, we'd strongly consider leaving.

Pros: We initially liked this platform because for what we needed it was one of the best values out there at the time. Granted, anything was better than what we had, which came down to mostly notes in a ticket system in our previous CRM.

Cons: Many things have become cons over the years, mostly because we have seen very little improvement from our point of view. It's like development has been minimal at the most. For example, it has some glaringly missing auditing capabilities. A person can assign an Item in a Work Order/Jobs under another person's name, and there is no record of who did it for accountability. The "Items" area is where you add both parts and labor to a ticket, but sometimes you want labor or other general notes that do not print up on a Work Order/Job. However, you can't select which get printed on a WO/Job and which do not, it is all or none. If you sell systems on leases, there is no easy way to track or separate the leases. You can create customer fields for the lease, but if there is more than one lease involved, there's no easy way to do that. We've ended up having to create multiple accounts for the same customer to keep the leases separated, which can cause confusion like which account should should the work order/job be one. There is only a check box for Billable when you add work to a ticket. There's no way to add other options like "Warranty", "Rework" or "Service Plan" plan, for example. You can't add negative quantities to a Job/WO. Meaning while you can add items used in a job, you can't track material you're removing from the site in the same way, such as things you are crediting back or exchanging.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/07/26

Luis, thanks for the review. We're continuing to make investments in the user experience so be on the lookout for new functionality this year and into the future. We're glad to hear that our Customer Support team has been helpful and that mHelpDesk has been useful for your business. Thanks for being a customer!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Moises D.
Refinishing
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/20

"Best app"

Comments: I have been using this application for 2 years. it is quick and easy to use

Pros: Equality Builders, easy to use, keep track of all assigned work.

Cons: I believe that it is the most complete app, for my work I think it is the best

• Reviewed on 2020/11/20
Julie H.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/30

"Great Customer Support"

Comments: Overall has been great! I went to another company and came back to MHelpDesk cause the other software just didn't work like MHelpDesk - I always get prompt and friendly service which make my job easier as I am always in a hurry.

Pros: It integrates very nicely with my Quickbooks - I also like that it keeps everything streamlined to make my job easier.

Cons: Wish there was an option to "CLOSE" the estimates so they just go away versus having to mark them inactive. Once I invoice the customer I have to mark the estimate inactive or "Sent" in the status field so I can keep it separate from the "active" or "approved" estimates - I used the estimates to keep track of my current jobs.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/06/03

Julie, we're thrilled to hear mHelpDesk is working well for you and helping you manage your business. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion about the estimates - we will pass it along to our Product team. Thanks for being a customer!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/30
Tim H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/14

"Great if You Have to Make Invoices in the Field"

Comments: GOOD.
mHelpDesk does what I need it to do. It is affordable for a small shop. It's the only software that allowed my, not-so-computer-literal, technicians to create detailed invoices in the field AND HAND IT TO THE CUSTOMER, and record payment.
I would recommend it.
Most of my frustrations come from having such a very functional software package and my techs have to fill out paper timesheets. All the data needed to create a timesheet exists in the Price List including Items or fields called Labor-Travel, Labor-Tech or Labor-Apprentice. The time they signed in and signed out exists in the items list of the invoice. All we need is a report that can filter this data and voila we have timesheets.

Pros: Support is very good.
Works great if you make many invoices in the field, print them and hand them to customers. Must have internet signal.
Email Invoice with Payment Button. Customer clicks the button and pays with credit card.
Easily convert Estimates to Service Call to Invoice.
Customer Info with multiple jobsites easily managable.
Great mobile app., fluid, very functional, easy to use.
Intuitive desktop platform.
Works great with QuickBooks Desktop.

Cons: You will have to pay to retrive YOUR DATA when you leave mHelpDesk.
No inventory. Don't let them fool you. You cannot create PO's and have to go to a price list, select and item, delete the quantity, and enter the new quantity everytime you want to add inventory. No inventory history.
No Time sheets. Again, don't let them fool you. Technicians can sign in in the morning and sign out in the afternoon and you can print a report. That's it. No phase codes. Cannot label time entries. No way to associate payroll to billable hours/ServiceCalls/Jobs.
Custom Reports? Never could create one that was usefull and I have 20 yrs experience in MS Access.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/01/15

Tim--thank you so much for this detailed and very helpful feedback! We will share it with the product team so they can explore some of the ideas that you've raised.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/14
Carol D.
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/25

"5+ year customer"

Comments: I've found that while they met my expectations at the beginning, they have consistently gotten better over the years. They are responsive to customer requests of new functions. Having this online has allowed me to work from home when needed which was one of the reasons we chose it in the beginning.

Pros: It has all the functions I need to do my job efficiently and they have had some nice updates over the years. Their customer service is great. I've always gotten representatives that are knowledgeable and nice. When I have a problem, I'm able to use the chat function and 99% of the time they get me answers. Even when that doesn't work, they answer my calls and fix the issues. Every customer service rep without exception has been very nice to work with.

Cons: Sometimes they do updates that don't necessarily help with my day to day use of the program. I understand that they are servicing many different industries and needs and I can see the usefulness of the update. It would be nice if they made more of them optional. I have noticed a bit of a slow down in the program responsiveness. It isn't awful, but noticeable. I've done speed tests so I don't think it is my server but I'm not a computer geek so I can't be certain.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/04/29

Hi Carol, thank you for being a long-time mHelpDesk customer and for taking the time to share your experience. We're proud of our Customer Success team and we're thrilled to hear you've had good experiences with them over the years. As you mention, we are always finding ways to improve the software, and you should see additional improvements in the coming months. Thank you again for your business.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Margaret B.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees

"Schedules/tracking/invoices/estimates"

Comments: The customer service team is always ready to help! I have searched and it is my belief for the money - you won't do better than mHelpDesk. It has taken our business to a new level.

Pros: This software has enabled me to eliminate one office person. The techs in the field use the app to complete estimates or invoices and then the program integrates with QuickBooks. This has eliminated paper tickets. I like that we can add pictures to a work order as this can be a vital tool for a job. The techs can also input data if they are out of range with their mobiles, this is not an option with other similar software/apps. Additionally, almost all of our invoices are emailed to the customer and that means that I get paid faster!

Cons: The program - for the cost - is about the best you are going to find. It does have a few issues I would like to see resolved. If a customer clicks approval on an estimate it doesn't trigger a notification and I think it should. I am also paying another company to garner, share and post reviews. I think that mHelpDesk can do this. They have all the customer info - it should be a matter of checking a box. The customer service at mHelpDesk is wonderful. They have always tried to assist me with any questions or to resolve any issues.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/04/01

Hi Margaret, we are happy to hear that mHelpDesk is helping you run your business better! Thank you for the suggestion for adding customer reviews -- we are always looking for ways to improve the product. Thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer!

Tanya C.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/06

"have used for 4 years now"

Comments: We were much happier with the original version and while we continue to use the software, I still and looking for a new option to try.

Pros: It is fairly easy to use. We mainly use it to create invoices and work orders that we print and send to customers. The customization of forms was great when they helped us initially set it up.

Cons: We acutally loved this product when we first started using it. We used it on a desktop in the office. We were on the original version until they kicked us off and told us it was not longer available. The do not truly think of the people who have to use it on a desktop at all. The font is so light that I literally get a headache each day trying to read it on my 20inch monitor. I have already enlarged the magnification and then when I try to create new customers or other things, you cannot see the save button on the enlarged screen.
We have tried to tell them this, but to no avail. Why would you not think there are people working in offices on desktops and laptops still??? Since they have Home Advisor, Mhelp seems to be the step child and they no longer allow you to make suggestions. I guess they do not care anymore what their customers think.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/06
Nick M.
  • Reviewed on 2013/02/05

"My first enterprise software - if I can call it that"

Comments: I looked at a bunch of systems when I decided to move to an online, cloud-based system that would help us run our business more effectively. Spoke with a few of them. I wanted to work with a smaller business that would service us well, and that could grow with us as we grew. I have been very happy to have found MHelpdesk. We run a residential painting company, and have found it tremendously helpful to put all of our information in one place. We are still in the process of moving everything over, but that has been at our own pace. My suggestion to anyone thinking about this to take plunge, take the 30 day trial, but to actually try it. See what it is like to use it for at least 3 weeks. You will not want to go back to the endless spreadsheets. I know their are bigger companies out there in this space, but they will not treat you like these guys.

Pros: Easy to use. Can I just say that our office manager has a little trouble with technology, but she has taken right to this, and loves it. Access. I can access my info anywhere. This weekend I was in the mountain and hopped on my iPad and was able to pull down some needed information. Affordable. At first I didn't like the thought that I was going to pay for each one of our guys that we needed to track, but it really isn't bad, in fact, I feel like it is a great value. Customer service. We have had several one-on-one training sessions with Ryan, and he has been great. Very patient, and always accessible. They are even willing to add functionality as we suggest things. These guys really do want to make a great product. They have a ton of different individual users, and keep striving to add functionality to make the software more user friendly and better. Love that.

Cons: Hmmm...I am waiting for it to be comparable with QuickBooks online, but I know they are working on it. That's all I've got.

• Reviewed on 2013/02/05
Kevin P.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/16

"Good Investment"

Comments: Overall a positive experience. Our MHD contact did an incredible job meeting our needs during the set up and training phase. She was always quick to respond with an answer and also a short video to help explain actions steps needed to resolve a challenge. We took advantage of our support plan with CSR, and she delivered each time we reached out to her. I highly recommend her, she is extremely knowledgeable of the software and platform, and willing to assist as requested.

Pros: The software meets our dispatching needs as well as capturing all information needed to close out any pending work orders. It automates our service call life cycle process, in turn allows our team and operation to be more efficient and maintain quality as the volume of our calls and request increase.
Once you become familiar with the software, it is fairly straightforward and east to utilize. I would recommend investing some time into adjusting the settings properly on the desktop version as well as app to be sure they align with your process goals. After several weeks of making adjustments, we feel it is tailored well to our needs.

Cons: The one feature we would like to see changed is choosing a job name to schedule a work order. Presently, you can only select the parent name of a site. In our field, not all parent names match site names, so it can be a challenge sometimes identifying the correct parent and site name. If you could add by site parent name or specific site location that would be beneficial.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/16
Joel W.
Office manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/10

"Works great for invoicing. Scheduling and clock in features need work"

Comments: Overall we like Mhelpdesk, but it is not a one stop shop at this point. We use T-sheets to compensate for the clocking in issues which is too bad.

Pros: The customization possibilities for creating estimates and invoices are awesome. Being able to create a price list makes invoicing in the field much easier since you can just add a pre-worded/priced line item to the invoice.
Collecting payments also is very easy with the option to email the invoice to a customer and they are able to click a link and pay with a credit card.

Cons: The new clock-in feature still has a lot of bugs. We stopped using it because we had so many issues with it and ended up overpaying some employees. Also the GPS tracking feature is very hit and miss. We ended up using T-sheets for clocking in.
Scheduling works pretty well, but we have had issues with the app going offline and employees not realizing it and then looking at the wrong schedule.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/10
Michele H.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/28

"mHelpDesk has become an asset to our business!"

Comments: We are a HVAC service company. Until mHelpDesk we were using paper invoices with our techs. We now have the entire company history at our fingertips. mHelpDesk has helped us become much more organized and has simplified our techs responsibilities as well as our office staff.

Pros: This software is easy to use and to navigate through. I love the ease of looking up all our jobs and customers information. The staff at mHelpDesk are so patient and personable and so helpful, they put customer service at the top of the priority list and that is very important to us. This summer will be two years since we signed on with mHelpDesk and we have no complaints, only compliments!

Cons: I can't say I can really think of anything.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/03/29

Thanks Michele! We're happy to hear that the switch to mHelpDesk has been an easy and productive one. Thank you for being a customer!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/28
Joel P.
Consumer Services
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2014/05/29

"Best program for small business"

Pros: The best feature I like is that you can customize your form to your needs. Other programs that our company has used say that they are customizable, but you can only add a logo and change the labels on the text fields and/or remove certain fields. I also like the web portal feature for the customers. It makes it really efficient on our staff not having to send out invoices or estimates, or having to send emails for signatures for estimates; it can all be done via the web portal.

Cons: The only thing I least like about the software is that the our company takes photos of the jobs we do, and it does not allow to send with the invoice automatically. We need to send a separate email with photos of the job, and that creates another task for the staff to do. It really is not much of work to do, but when a company tries to be more efficient, it does add hours of work at end of year which could be cut down.

• Reviewed on 2014/05/29
Debbie C.
Owner/Operator
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Very Easy To Use"

Comments: mHelpDesk is one of the best software companies out there. It is so simple to use and understand. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros: The software is easy to use. The customer service is outsanding always answers our questions or addresses our needs. The software is simple and efficient to use and it is very easily understood.

Cons: Software updates sometimes take away things that we use daily, but there is always a way around this to make the day easier.

Gari S.
Chief Strategy Officer
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/20

"A Blessing For Our IT Department"

Pros: After our company grew to the size it is now we very quickly outgrew our IT department. This software has been very instrumental in the communications between our employees and IT. Any requests must go through Help Desk to help organize and manage the massive amount of issues they deal with daily.

Cons: We haven't had any issues with this software. It has worked the way it's supposed to from day one and we're happy.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/20
Sylvette F.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/29

"Poor Support - Poor Reporting"

Comments: Customer services is lacking. Reports are basically non-existent. Requests to incorporate a feature to help the software grow into a more robust platform are not incorporated, in essence ignored. Opening a case for support took over 3 weeks! Software freezes and there are down-times that impact the daily operation and dispatching of technicians.

Pros: Clean design, simple setup. This was our first step in taking the business from paper to a software with mobile capabilities.

Cons: There are VERY limited reports, unable to scale a business with this software. It was a step between paper and a more robust software.
Not able to count the how many reoccurring clients or the value for a specific business line item.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/29
John T.
Pharmaceuticals, 10 000+ Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/06

"This service management platform helps you to schedule and organize tasks and generate invoices."

Pros: The application provides free training to help you use the application well. Supports the different workflows, be it scheduled or unscheduled. The application ensures great customer service. For every work order, you will be able to generate relevant estimates and invoices. The best feature is that you can manage all your employees and work orders in one place. It has a robust searchability feature. You can easily customize the templates. It helps you track work orders and update them. You can add notes and comments, which will be seen by respective team members. By a click you can send all your data to QuickBooks, eliminating data entry. You can work by enabling the offline mode any time you lose internet connection.

Cons: We can’t add multiple administrators in to the platform which is a a very bad drawback. Mobile tracking lacks accuracy.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/06
Bryan H.
  • Reviewed on 2015/03/19

"Turned our business around!"

Comments: Before Mhelpdesk, our business was very inefficient. All of our work orders were printed on paper and our daily route sheets were paper as well. Once the work was completed, we had to wait sometimes until the next day before we would see the results of the work completed when the tech turned in the paper, And in some cases 2 or 3 days if the technician was in a remote area. This made us look very unprofessional to our customers.
After Mhelpdek, we now operate very effectively, with precision. All of the work orders are real time updated from the technicians mobile device at the job site. This has allowed us to operate more profitably and with less errors. Many times, there was questions from the customers about the work performed, now with auto emails that are sent to the customer real time, those concerns are no longer there. The customers receive an email every time a job is completed, with detailed info of the work completed and they can even log in and see before and after pictures.
Bottom line, Mhelpdesk has greatly reduced our front end office work and has made our field technicians more effective, which means as an owner of a small company, the focus can be more on growing the company and not stuck in the office shuffling paper.
I highly recommend this product for a small service business. I have a degree in IT and I have done my research looking for a good solution. I can tell you that Mhelpdesk and the team behind it, has the mindset and fortitude to keep their software a mile apart from their competition, not to mention, its priced very reasonable.

• Reviewed on 2015/03/19
Donna D.
VP
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/15

"mHelpDesk Support Desk"

Comments: I wanted to add a credit card processing fee and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at the support team, I was able to do this easily.

Pros: Customer Support usually has a solution for most of my questions.

Cons: The reporting function is still an issue

by mHelpDesk on 2019/01/18

Hi Donna! Thanks so much for the feedback on our product and service. We're so grateful to have House Doctors' business...

• Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Angela W.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/12

"Excellent for a service company"

Pros: As a service company this works great for scheduling technicians, creating invoices and estimates, and even tracking employees on the map with the GPS feature. The customer service is pretty great as they usually respond to a chat with in 10 minutes or so and can almost always fix the problem.

Cons: The clock in feature when we tried it was a mess so had to switch to TSheets for clocking in, but they may have fixed it by now.

by mHelpDesk on 2019/05/17

Angela, thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that our scheduling, invoices, and GPS features are working well for your business and that our Customer Support team has been helpful. Thank you for your business.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/12
Heather L.
  • Reviewed on 2015/03/18

"mHelpDesk? More like mRockDesk!"

Comments: I manage a bee removal company and I personally did a trial with 6 different service software (some of which were from specialized pest control software companies) before trying mHelpDesk. MHelpDesk blew all of them away. I found it easy to sync with QuickBooks, easy to customize, easty to navigate, and the customer happiness team were absolute rock stars setting us up. I also had the pleasure of training my entire company, some of which are NOT computer savvy whatsoever. Everyone learned the software and app easily and I heard the phrase, "This is a pretty cool system!" from nearly everyone I trained. One of my favorite improvements to our workflow is that all pertinent documents and information is part of each work order, i.e. the invoice, the payment, any attached files such as signed approvals or pictures of services rendered. This means no more getting up and searching through file cabinets for information. It is all at our fingertips, which saves SO much time. Overall, after 9 months of using mHelpDesk, we are thrilled with a superior scheduling software. Pros: I love how the happiness support team cares so much about their customers. I have had a few issues here and there and they work so hard to get all of the kinks ironed out for me. I know I'm in good hands if I should need help. Cons: No cons, just a wish...I would love to have a detailed materials used per work order report, as I submit monthly pesticide reports. I wouldn't be surprised if mHelpDesk makes this happen in the future, as they always are striving to improve their product.

• Reviewed on 2015/03/18
Pardeep M.
Sr Technical Recruiter
Management Consulting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/03

"HelpDesk Review"

Comments: Overall Very Good.

Pros: It is very easy to work remotely and taking care of my recruiter from remote location.
It is very easy to take care of any issue solving from remote location.

Cons: I used it and as of now I did not face much issues over this software.
I like it overall and I would recommend to others as well.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/03
Brett S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/24

"Absolutely Fantastic Customer Support and Easy to use!"

Comments: Organized our service business and made it much easier to operate

Pros: Whenever there is an issue with anything on the program they are super quick to get it fixed and won't stop until it is fixed. There are not a lot of issues, but every program has its glitches. It is also super easy to use and helps keep us very organized.

Cons: Sometimes the app does act up but it was much better once we switched our cellular device carrier to one with better coverage

• Reviewed on 2018/05/24
Dawn L.
  • Reviewed on 2011/08/04

"Mhelpdesk keeps my shop organized"

Comments: Awesome program! I love that it's on-line. We won't have to worry about losing all our data if our computer crashes and I can access the information any time I want. I can log on at home in the morning and see what my schedule looks like for the day. It's super easy to use and helps you stay organized in ways that other programs don't. Also, it's very affordable. Even the smallest shop can afford this program. No excuses anymore to not be organized and present a professional appearance to your customers.

Pros: Before using Mhelpdesk software we were using an old program that no longer worked on my new computer and had no support available anymore as well as a paper scheduler and paying an employee just to enter repairs into our computer. Now, employees can enter repairs directly into the computer and schedule the repair in one easy step. I am thrilled with how organized it makes our shop. Tracking repairs has never been easier. I don't utilize all of the features that are available but I can only imagine that if you did the whole process would save tons of time and money.

Cons: Getting it set up took some time, but that's true of any dynamic software program. Now that it's set up properly and we've been using it for a while I wouldn't go back to my old program. Nothing bad to say about it.

• Reviewed on 2011/08/04
Melissa H.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/01

"Has a long way to go"

Comments: I would feel better if the platform cost less. The amount of time we have wasted trying to figure out work arounds and dealing with issues the company has known but hasn't communicated about is frustrating. But as a small company, we can't afford a more expensive platform. It's better than nothing I suppose. It's slightly more convenient than a couple of excel spreadsheets.

Pros: It has helped organize my technicians and keep them on track. It allowed the office to put more responsibility and accountability in the technicians hand.

Cons: The mobile app can take a very long time to load. It will go offline if not in best service area but will not put itself back online so data isn't transmitted as expected until the issue is found. It lacks a lot in reporting. Inconsistencies in data formatting causes customers to be duplicated when imported from Quickbooks. Notes entered in lead forms do not carry into the customer profile causing rework. When there are known issues, there is no communication about them leaving the end user wasting time exhausting potential causes on their end before reaching out to customer service who takes about a half hour to respond to inquiries.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/01
Amy D.
Metering Specialist
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/06

"MHelpdesk Review"

Pros: It is very user friendly and the customer service team is spot on and extremely helpful if ever there is an issue.

Cons: I wish it had a few more customable features such as the use of a highlighter option, etc. That may be a feature that I alone would like though.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/06