• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,6 /5

About ProWorkflow

ProWorkflow is an industry leading and much loved project, task and workflow management software.

Learn more about ProWorkflow

Kendra B.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/02

"I've tried everything else... ProWorkflow is the cream of the crop"

Comments: I've been a customer for many years. I feel like a value to the company with the communication I get from you guys and support. I love how you take feedback and actually make your product better based on our suggestions. It makes me feel like I'm a part of building this great software.

Pros: The customization is unmatched. You can really make this exactly what you need it to be. I have a very creative and visual brain but need to stay organized. This allows me to create what works best for my brain and has changed the game for onboarding clients, running projects and much more. I now come across like a type-a CEO.

Cons: I wish there was more automation. That would be really great. I had tried out dubsado for this, but it is a really crap product in comparison. It automates and love the templates they had, but when it came to project management, there's no comparison.

Michael C.
Principal
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/29

"Keeps Management Simple"

Comments: Proworkflow has allowed me to grow my business to where I am now. Scheduling was predictable and I always had flexibity to shift my schedule around on the fly without a lot of pain. The work flow from quote to projects to invoicing has been seemless.

Pros: Proworkflow requires minimal effort to stay on top of your business. I think the importance of this gets overlooked too often. Setting Quotes and invoices are minutes at most, and setting projects and adding tasks can be done on the fly with little investment of your time. You can see the impact on resources scheduling before you even finish setting up your planning your tasks. I don't have enough words how valuable of a tool this has been without scrambling our brains to operate.

Cons: If you need a more sophisticated system for proposals and invoices Proworkflow is not there. It will give you just enough flexibility to customize a quote and send your invoices to quickbooks/Xero directly from a quote or proposal. But if you need quote/proposal templates for multi page terms and conditions, and percentage invoicing or progress billing, be prepared to do these manually.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/29
Tracey L.
Manager - Corporate Services & Finance
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/21

"Overall ProWorkFlow services the needs of the business very well. However there is room to improve."

Comments: The benefits of day to day performance of PWF software far outweighs the lack of adequate financial reporting. Appreciating that this tool is project management / scheduling focussed, some basic cost analysis is necessary when scheduling projects which have gone over estimates,etc. Overall, we are satisfied with the product and would happily recommend it to people we know as being one of the better ones to consider.

Pros: Project management, work scheduling, standard reports, quality of support service; response times to emails; time sheets; time widget;

Cons: Financial reporting - being able to export expenses information, in an excel format, functionally - including expense title; description, cost, dated entered into PWF and invoice/d status.
Being able to see the status of the expense on the front screen, rather than drilling into the individual expense would be very beneficial.
Employee Leave - as a time management / project management tool, recording / reporting leave has been overlooked;
There is no ability to duplicate a project.
Recording an employee's hourly rate. There is no provision to record an individual's hourly rate. It would be great if this could be included in Staff Users & Permission profile for each employee and then be exported as part of a report which reports project income against wages expense.
Financial comparisons / breakdown information. It would be great to be able to have a standard report which reports on project income, project expenses and project wages expenses as separate items, in excel format.
Custom Reporting - it is very difficult to discern / interpret how to draft a custom report. The process is ambiguous.

by ProActive Software on 2017/10/26

Thanks for the review Tracey!

• Reviewed on 2017/09/21
Zsolt S.
Printing, 2-10 Employees

"Customisable perfection"

Comments: PWF is the most important management tool in our company.

Pros: I've been a subscriber since 2011.
In the last years the number of new functions skyrocketed.
I love that we can add custom fields, it is really helpful.
I am also happy with the quote and invoice module, the Xero integration is crucial for us.
I can't imagine my company without PWF.

Cons: Possible improvements:
- direct email import to projects
- a bit more fancy Fixed Cost Items list editor
- thumbnails for the pictures

Inga A.
Lead Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/21

"TinyFrog loves PWF!"

Comments: The support staff is amazing! They reply quickly and with solutions to anything we have needed so far.

Pros: Ease of use - organization, etc.

Cons: There are 2-3 things we struggle with:
1) there is not a real space to keep client information , we are web development company and need logins and other areas of reference that cannot easily be located. Sort of a bummer that we have a workaround for, but the larger we get the more unlikely it will be a good solution.
2) the inability to create & link "Tasks" single tasks to a client - we often have trouble tickets where we don't need a full project but do need the documentation of work being being and completed, we haven't figured out a good solution for this and hope SOON you have something to offer. We have the Maintenance or General task but it doesn't link to the client from what we can find anywhere. 3) a wishlist item, storage space - although we use the cloud we don't have a universal network of our files there - so each person will need to add files to tasks, projects they it is something that isn't an issue now, but can be in the near future.

by ProActive Software on 2016/07/22

Thanks Inga! Appreciate the review. Have a great weekend, I'll pass to the team ;-)

• Reviewed on 2016/07/21
Heather D.
Graphic Designer/Photographer
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/20

"Saved My Sanity"

Comments: For a long time my company didnt want to spend any money on project management and insisted that an excel sheet tracker was "good enough". I complained and researched, finally finding PWF. It had everything we needed and more. The stuff we didnt need wouldnt be a hinderance either. I work in house so we dont need to do any billing or invoicing. After doing some time saving analysis and working through a trial period I finally convinced my company to subscribe. I easily set-up the account details and the PWF team helped us separate the accounts into our 3 divisions. Each division is able to manage their own sites and job lists as they see fit which is also a huge benefit because we all have slightly different job sets. I even labeled my division header with "Project Sanity Site".

Pros: Easy to use, and very customizable. We can track all of our jobs and keep a record. I am able to track my time so my coworkers understand how long a project can take. (Its not really magic!) I made job templates with key information so that my clients dont forget details, each type of project as a different template!

Cons: nothing!

• Reviewed on 2016/07/20
Rob K.
Creative Director and Owner
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/23

"Client, Project, Hours and Invoice Management ALL IN ONE!"

Comments: For small business, managing the tasks at hand, the hours they took to do and then tracking invoicing and payments is a huge task that prevents one from doing what they love. ProWorkFlow makes the hardest part of running a business a breeze from ONE DASHBOARD!

Pros: I spent years searching for an integrated system to manage our small business projects, tasks, hours reports AND invoicing for years. All you find are solutions that do one maybe two of those things well. ProWorkFlow does ALL four simply and easily. I don't know how we'd do the work we do without it!

Cons: There are some features we don't use (like quotes) I wish could just be turned off and removed from the interface. I also wish there was more specific customizing of some of the forms and invoices (again for simplicity).

Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/25

"ProWorkFlow for an Engineering Firm"

Comments: Keeping track of project budgets, invoices and assingments is way easier that what we have seen in other programs.

Pros: Timesheets are great giving the time of day, assigned projects and notes for documentation.
Projects section is good with the budget, staff assignments and notes sections.
Invoices are easy to create.

Cons: There should be an option to mark time as billed and a summary for all unbilled time by the project with the estimated billing amount for tracking. Our projects are completed over the course of a year with bi weekly billings but finding out what was and was not billed is a pain. Quickbooks online timesheets has this built in and it seems like that should be a simple add on to PWF.

Mark J.
General Manager

"Production Life Saver"

Comments: I have been using Pro Work Flow for the last 4 years and couldn't survive without it. Easy to use, easy to teach other staff how to use, and customer service is available as needed. I'd recommend it to any company or business that needs to keep tasks and projects organized.

Pros: I have been using Pro Work Flow for the last 4 years and couldn't survive without it. Easy to use, easy to teach other staff how to use, and customer service is available as needed. I'd recommend it to any company or business that needs to keep tasks and projects organized.

Cons: I don't really have anything that I'm not happy with. If I had to pick something...I wish there were more seasonal and/or holiday backgrounds to choose from.

Sandy K.
Media Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Good software For getting started"

Comments: We have worked with pro workflow for over eight years from being a midsize company to a smaller size company and the software still continues to support us throughout the years.

Pros: The software helps you compartmentalize if you were in experience you can search the software and it will help you launch your business. It has many features that will get you organized.

Cons: Time difference for customer support. Sometimes it was difficult to get a response when we needed it.

Fran T.
Sr Designer/Sr Project Manager
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees

"ProWorkflow Review"

Comments: Our experience has been great. The customer service is always prompt and helpful. If they can't answer a question right away, they will get back to you in a timely manner.
It's helped us keep track of our projects in a much more efficient way.

Pros: We have been using ProWorkflow for several years now and have had a great experience. It is easy for us to track where we are in a project for both time and budget wise. It's a great central location for everyone to keep notes and contact information.

Cons: We wish it was easier to track some of the pre-project start up information. Or a way to track marketing calls to potential and old clients.

Leora V.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"ProWorkflow allows me to track our time and status"

Comments: I like working with the support staff as they usually answer within hours even though we are on opposite sides of the earth. I like having the information all in one place and that all my staff can have access to all of it or just their part. Very flexible that way. And I really like the time tracking ability within each project.

Pros: I really like the option to track time for each task and I like that we can communicate with our clients and keep the emails all together.

Cons: The only issue we sometimes have is with the limitation to the file size when we upload or download. Sometimes 1GB just doesn't do it.

Shah T.
Architecture & Planning
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/10

"Packed with features IF you need them"

Comments: ProWorkFlow is a great platform for anyone seeking a project tracking platform that integrates multiple parts of your sales and service delivery processes. On the upside, there is very little it can't do in terms of keeping track of sales, invoicing, tasks, deadlines and team communication; they've basically thought of everything. A solid solution for architects and consulting services (legal) that deliver time-based invoices over long project timelines. On the downside, the interface isn't as clean and pretty as others; a little like an excel spreadsheet surrounded by widgets. If you already have solutions you're happy with for invoicing (Xero/Paypal), communication (Slack) and data (GDrive/Dropbox) you will find yourself doubling up a lot and/or having to change the way you work in order to use just one platform.

Pros: Comprehensive features. Ability to set up complex templates for workflows.

Cons: The interface isn't as clean or graphic as I would like. I also don't like having to pay for features I don't use which made it expensive for me on a per user basis.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/10
Pavel K.
Accountant
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/04

"Review By Paul from DBJ Furniture"

Comments: good system, but I wish there were more flexibility around reporting

Pros: Good scheduling for factory and office staff. Reporting is good. Cost is not too expensive

Cons: No option for user to be able to create customised reports. Reports when imported to excel have issues with dates and hours figures and need to be changed before meaningful information can be presented

• Reviewed on 2021/03/04
Sebastian I.

"ProworkFlow"

Comments: ProWorkflow does the job of capturing crucial data for our company. Visually it really needs an overhaul, especially since it is marketed to creative firms. Reports that are with clients need to be visually attractive and easy to understand. The entire UX needs some thought and work. There is room for improvement.

Pros: It is fairly easy to use and has some good options to customize

Cons: The entire reporting section is not very intuitive and is visually not very attractive.

Clive P.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/03

"Keeping Track!"

Comments: Brilliant. It saves us time, prevents us from forgetting a step, allows us to bring our clients into line, to bring our projects to completion on time and within budget and ensures that we are billing what we should.

Pros: Our company runs multiple projects often at the same time some which are very complex with up to 100 Tasks and others that are very simple with 3-10 Tasks.
The projects are however very similar and we have built up Templates that allow us to quickly establish projects that are then customised to fit that project. This saves a huge amount of time and keeps us on track.

Cons: As we have been suing the product for a number of years we have got to the point where there are no real issues to have us say we least like something.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/03
Chuck P.
Creative Director

"PWF user for years"

Comments: Generally good. The one fiction keeps me with this software

Pros: The biggest Pro on this software is the Timetracking Calendar fiction. Being able to drag the time in and visually see what has been logged and when is why I use this software.

Cons: The price is a bit high comparatively to other competitors.
Also it would be nice to have contractors be belt o long time the same way.

William T.
Technical Director / Owner
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/16

"Good project management and invoicing solution for smaller teams."

Pros: We switched to ProWorkflow from Workamajig which was the greatest decisions our small digital agency has ever made. I love how easy it is to send client's invoices directly through the project management software. Now only if it was easier to reconcile paid invoices between ProWorkflow and Xero I'd be in heaven.

Cons: Had issues with their billing department not able to process a transaction, and instead of trying to help or troubleshoot to find a solutions they just threw their hands up in the air and blew us off.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/16
Lead Development Coordinator
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/26

"TF thoughts"

Comments: Overall, it has served its purpose for us. We love the quote tool, and the reporting and can't say enough about the support response times.

Pros: The support team and response times have been amazing.

Cons: The fact that the mobile app was discontinued, and that for two years of being with the platform there doesn't look like there have been changes to support the changing needs of project management.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/26
Curt A.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"LHC ProWork Flow Review"

Comments: Great company to due business with. Even though, their headquarters are on the other side of the world, I am able to get in touch with someone in a reasonable amount of time.

Pros: ProWork flow is a great tool to keep track of your employees' times.

Cons: When our company has many jobs going at the same time, the software is somewhat cumbersome to scroll through all the jobs to enter times.

Rob T.
  • Reviewed on 2010/01/31

"Fantastic App, even better support!"

Comments: A great example of online software done right, I can't see us ever moving to anything else!

Pros: As a long time Basecamp customer, we had been looking for the "next step" for several months but held off because of concerns that our users would struggle with a new system. We came across ProWorkflow through a recommendation and signed up for a free trial (just like Basecamp). There was a lot more to it than we expected but the support was great, with useful training videos and REAL people on the phone! It's a big leap ahead of Basecamp and in the few months we've been using ProWorkflow, we've been really impressed at the speed of development. A few of my team are also using the iPhone app (which is free, take note 37signals!!) and love it. Support has continued to be terrific, the team have helped us with any questions and go far beyond what I would expect.

Cons: Coming from Basecamp, the interface is busier but with more features I suppose that is unavoidable. There are some occasions where 2-3 windows are used when 1 would do the job but I'm assured that this is being worked on and the developers haven't let us down so far. Otherwise, it's hard to pick fault with!

by ProActive Software on 2010/04/08

Regarding the popups you mentioned. We're currently working to remove all these, so the app will soon be even slicker and faster!

• Reviewed on 2010/01/31
Beth B.
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1 000 Employees

"I love ProWorkFlow!"

Comments: Able to accept job requests from hundreds of clients, keep approval emails and print bid archived for future reference.

Pros: It's ease of use and intuitive nature. I also love that it was able to be customized to my needs.

Cons: The report function does not do EXACTLY what I want, but I was able to do an acceptable work around.

Melissa D.
Owner-Grant Writer
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees

"Consultant use"

Comments: It does help me communicate with my employee regarding projects and helps me manage and prioritize deadlines.

Pros: I can divide my projects by client and track hours per project.

Cons: That due dates and allotments show on reports.

Amelia W.
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/10

"ProWorkflow review"

Comments: Good product that always worked, always up, always accurate!

Pros: Made it simple to keep track of my time and keep my projects separated and deadlines. Made management really simple!

by ProActive Software on 2017/07/11

Thank you so much for the awesome review Amelia!

• Reviewed on 2017/07/10
Mark R.
Online Data Manager
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Review"

Comments: We are better able to share project and client details

Pros: Organizes a lot of stuff in one place. That's it.

Cons: Some specifics of how we like to view our work do not harmonize with the confines of the proworkflow parameters. It becomes it's own task in the day, requiring a time commitment to utilize.