Campaign Monitor Reviews

by Campaign Monitor

• Overall
    4,6 /5

About Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor is an email marketing tool that enables anyone to send beautiful, targeted, and effective email campaigns.

Learn more about Campaign Monitor

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03

"The Best Email Service Provider on the Market!"

Comments: Campaign Monitor is wonderful. I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone looking for a full service, easy to use email platform.

Pros: Excellent customer service -- a human picks up the phone when you call and works with you to creatively solve problems, if you use the Premier tier. Dashboards and analytics are all intuitive and easy to use. Automation journeys are easy to build and update. Drag and drop templates are easy to use.

Cons: I wish we could establish settings to automatically scrub emails after that were inactive over a certain period. These segments are already created automatically, but we have to export files and copy in email addresses to remove subscribers. I also wish it integrated with ZeroBounce, my preferred email deliverability tool. I also sometimes wish I could edit the HTML on particular sends.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03
Asheton F.
Marketing Team Lead
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/04

"Nice Email Automation Tool"

Comments: It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

Pros: I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

Cons: The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/04
Abbas H.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/08

"Best email marketing and automation solution i've used so far!"

Pros: We've used other email marketing tools for different reasons over the years, but still always came back to read Campaign Monitor's excellent email marketing advice on their blogs and articles about best practices. Finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over. No regrets whatsoever! Just the amazing email editor and template manager is enough to make me leave everything else and use Campaign Monitor. The extensive segmentation tools, super clear and well-formed APIs to connect with our CRM and outstanding customer journey setup is above and beyond what i've seen from other tools in the market. Oh and their brilliant responsive all-platform templates!! Also, when they say 'award-winning' and round the clock support / success teams, they mean it! Definitely and whole-heartedly recommended!

Cons: I'm nit-picking, but how Campaign Monitor counts subscribers (in order to bill us) is different from some of the other tools out there. For e.g. if the same subscriber is in two mailing lists, it counts as two for billing purposes. If you have many lists, it tends to balloon your billing subscription out a bit.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/08
Annie K.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Easy to use, even for beginners!"

Comments: I use campaign monitor weekly when deploying campaigns for multiple clients, whether they are bright and fun e-commerce emails, or real estate, or emails for medical professions, every type benefits from it and being able to toggle back and forth between clients' profiles makes it so fluid and efficient.

Pros: I love that campaign monitor has two ways of creating emails, either uploading custom HTML or using their in-house email builder. I regularly use both for different clients. It is so easy for someone to use who doesn't have a lot of coding skills or doesn't use these platforms often because it is just so intuitive.

Cons: I think the thing I like least about campaign monitor is its in-house email builder is kind of limited. Sometimes I want to lay something out differently or change a color or style of something, but since it has a limited builder, those things aren't possible. I also don't love that you can only have one credit card on file for your emails so if you want to send out two emails in one day from two separate credit cards, you have to manually update it after the first is sent but before the second is sent.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Director of Business Development
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/16

"Currently the best email service provider in the balance of powerful features and easy of use."

Pros: I love the email builder. That's what did it for me. But I also like Worldview, it's amazing. I also really like the reports, they are so easy to navigate and give deeper insights than I saw with other ESPs.

Cons: It's a little pricey compared to the alternatives, but I think it's worth it. One time I had a very bad issue which they apologized for and gave me a credit for, but it was really bad. Things happen, still a great company.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Anne M.
Front End Developer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/30

"The Smartest Place for Email Marketers to hang out!"

Comments: I first became aware of Campaign Monitor many years ago when I was getting my start in email marketing. I learned so much from all the important resources on their website, which really helped me to leverage competitive design strategies for my campaigns.

Pros: Campaign Monitor is a leader in the industry because they provide a great product and fantastic support - their site is a treasure trove of need to know information on email marketing, all at your fingertips whenever you need it. This combination really gives you the edge when it comes to creating, testing, and launching competitive campaigns that drive engagement with your audience and result in increased conversions.

Cons: What's not to like? Campaign Monitor has so many advantages there's not anything to complain about!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/30
Geoffrey M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/11

"Easy to use product with excellent options"

Comments: Easy to use professional product.

Pros: It has excellent controls over our team's access. It is easy to make up templates and have our team modify them to use. I like the way it saves as you build the template. Great features.

Cons: The cost for small companies with low volumes is high. We have a large data base that is divided into 40 or more lists in different languages. We send out targeted marketing to selected real estate groups so the volume sent out per month is low. We only use lists appropriate for the property to avoid unsubscriptions but because our total number of subscribers is high, the monthly cost is higher than I believe is fair.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/11
Jessica M.
Admin
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"Incredibly easy to use and definitely gets the job done!"

Pros: Anyone could be up and running within minutes, whether you're a pro or just getting started. Importing, then segmenting records, all the way to designing and sending emails is a cinch.

Cons: There's nothing to dislike about Campaign Monitor. It does everything we need it to and actually more than we expected. Also, the reporting is clear and easy to understand.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Vitor O.
Technical Support Manager
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/22

"First choice to manage email campaigns"

Pros: The UI is neat, simple and straightforward. It works like a charm. The support is great and responsive.

Cons: If we had a free plan for accounts with little usage and small lists, it would be great. Some customers and non-profits pick a competitor just because of this.

• Reviewed on 2016/03/22
Nicki S.
Digital Content Manager
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/02/23

"A great product that keeps evolving"

Comments: I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. And in the last year or so they've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively.

Pros: Responsive design
Clean, contemporary, flexible templates
Handles images well
Great reporting
Prompt customer service
Competitive pricing
Agency discount

Cons: There's a little bit of a learning curve for the templates. You can create a great-looking simple email right away, but it takes practice to get fancier.
Some new features aren't fully integrated - for example, overlaying a button on an image is only supported in some of their templates

• Reviewed on 2016/02/23
Process Specialist
Financial Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/20

"This app is one of the best"

Pros: Using this Application / Software is a very great choice that I have made in my career. So much useful for my career.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/20
Chad P.
Dispatch coordinator
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/15

"The dashboard is very clean, which is a nice respite from often-busy business software interfaces."

Comments: I have used Campaign Monitor and still follow their progress as I was impressed at their start product, yet for some time I have switched to Mailerlite which surprised me with nice payment plan and great features.

Pros: You can add subscribers as you're setting up your first campaign or as a separate process. Subscribers must be part of a list that you create, although you can set up unlimited lists, which is one way to segment your usersCreating a campaign is also easy. To start, you just need a name, subject line, and an email address for the "From" field (you can set up a separate "reply to" email as well).

Cons: Campaign Monitor may lack live support and third-party integrations, but it offers a simple way to connect with your audience through email marketing, including auto-responders and a new suite of analytics.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/15
Patrick C.
Vice President - Sales
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"Made our lives really easy whenever we had to send mass mailers to our +100,000 contact database."

Pros: As a sales company with over 100,000 contacts in our data base, the thought of reaching such a large audience without some outside help was daunting. Campaign monitor made the process a breeze, and given the integration with SalesForce, there wasn't much more we could hope for.

Cons: I was not the person who set up our account with Campaign monitor, but I inherited a system that didn't exactly adhere to their policies, so we eventually ran into an issue with them. It would have been nice if their support team was a bit more understanding and amenable to working together. They were pretty cut and dry with policy violations.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Beth J.
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/08

"Amazing Customer Service"

Comments: I've used Campaign Monitor on behalf of two separate marketing agencies now and am very pleased with the platform. For one, we used the whitelable feature to facilitate our various clients sending emails via template. For the other, we use CM for our agency email marketing across several departments.

Pros: FANTASTIC customer service and technical support! Several times I've reached out to Campaign Monitor with custom questions, needs, or requests for assistance. Not only has the support team been very swift to respond, but the responses are personalized, friendly, and truly helpful. Each time, they've taken the time to fully understand my need and situation, find a solution, and offer that solution quickly and up front. These are real humans who can truly help and work hard to offer pro-active solutions, keeping us on schedule and on budget. I'm super pleased.

by Campaign Monitor on 2015/05/11

Thanks for the awesome review! We're so happy that our support and technical team has been able to assist you with your needs! Let us know anytime we can help!

• Reviewed on 2015/05/08
Guy G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/31

"Great integrations for email marketing"

Comments: sending multiple emails and marketing campaigns and producing reports to show effect

Pros: Ease of use, sending email campaigns for clients and reporting on delivery, open rates, click throughts, bounces, etc

Cons: I've had no issues. Also use MailChimp, which seems better for background articles and stats by industry for comparison, but campaign monitor does a good solid job.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/31
Ross D.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/23

"Easyt to use email marketing tool"

Pros: It's easy to learn this tool because of how simple and straight forward the UI is. It offers a great number of templates as well and has a generally working API which can be used to integrate in websites specially eccomerce ones.

Cons: I'd say it is a bit pricey and some of it's automation features only offer basic functions. Their free account also does not allow email sending so this is kind of a let down compared to other tools of the same nature that offers limited email sending for their free accounts.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/23
David F.
Managing Partner
Media Production
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/21

"Modern Look Makes Great Email"

Comments: The access to a wide assortment of templates that are actually appropriate for professional grade emails is a huge benefit. The implementation is a breeze and they offer wonderful training Support on their website. Overall a great find.

Pros: Campaign Monitor was a brilliant find for me as I explored various options for Email Marketing for clients. Their user interface is pleasing and template options, plentiful. I'd say that this was one of the easiest platforms to integrate and out of the box ready. It seems like they are favored in terms of integrations with popular software so that is a plus. Overall I like the feel of the style on the template library and deliberately was perfect each time. For a sensible and wildly affordable option take them for a test drive and you will come to see why I put them at the top of my recommended list.

Cons: I wish the option of landing pages was also included so it could be an all in one. I also appreciate though that they stay in their lane and perfected their offering which I believe they have.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/21
Jeff C.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/21

"Great Product, Great Value"

Pros: I feel like I've tested nearly all of the email marketing software out there and Campaign Monitor is easily one of the best options out there. Great UI/UX, easy to use, and lots of integrations and templates. Highly recommended!

Cons: Getting used to the software was really the only small issue some of our team ran into. I was pretty used to Mailchimp and SendGrid so getting used to this wasn't too much of an issue. There is also lots of online tutorials and they have quality customer services as well.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/21
Laura B.
Email Marketing Specialist
Real Estate, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/13

"Gets the job done for simple email campaigns"

Pros: Ease of use- you can set up an email campaign in minutes, and it's very user friendly. Works for basic email sends.

Cons: This is a great baseline tool for email marketing, but I wouldn't recommend it for complex nurture and lifecycle campaigns, as it is not as robust as other enterprise tools on the market.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/13
Igor C.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/10

"Fully-featured and expansive email marketing tool"

Comments: If you a are looking for simplicity, this software is what you need to look at. Email monitoring is very easy and tracking is reliable.

Pros: The interface is simple and intuitive, as you don't have to spend hours figuring creating new templates. Cost is pretty low compared to other alternatives and availability of advanced features such as A/B testing, data segmentation really add to the overall package.

Cons: Limited ability to edit HTML once templates are uploaded. A more user friendly drag-and-drop editor would be a great addition to CampaignMonitor. Reporting could use improving, and better integrations for triggered emails would be great.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/10
Julie F.
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/02

"Templates are easy to use and you can accomplish just about everything you need to do with them."

Pros: Templates are easy to use and you can accomplish just about everything you need to do with them. Customer support rocks. They're quick and accurate.

Cons: I wish they would allow the user to stop an A/B test or a campaign when it's in progress. Mistakes happen and this would limit damage.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/02
Katie M.
Client Operations
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/27

"Useful marketing tool with powerful analytics"

Pros: Campaign Monitor has many great features, including:
- segmentation (allowing us to properly split our customers up and target them with appropriate emails)
- Templates: easy to setup, customize and ensure they look professional
- analytics: powerful and easy to understand which has evolved out marketing team to be able to properly target and understand our marketing strategy
- Campaign Monitor has great integrations that allow us to use it throughout our platforms and connected to other software we are using

Cons: - Not flexible for completely customizable email bodies. We are unable to allow our designers to completely design the emails themselves as it lacks some functionality.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/27
Andrew V.
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/19

"Fantastic software and a great team behind it!"

Comments: I am constantly recommending Campaign monitor to clients and friends.

Pros: Campaign Monitor is so easy to use and it's a great way to create attractive, well-designed emails for our customers.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/19
Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/17

"Great for non-designers/non-coders"

Comments: Overall I'd recommend it for sure. Helped me create great looking emails without needed dev or design help.

Pros: Great for helping non-designers/non-coders create good looking emails.

Cons: It's pretty easy to use but sometimes to get the right spacing, etc. you have to play with it - it's a little finiky

• Reviewed on 2019/06/17
Dealdiane D.
Mr
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/05

"Great for when you have advanced email marketing needs"

Pros: Lots of pre-built mobile-ready templates. If you require a custom one, the user interface for creating templates is simple as well. Lots of integration with popular eCommerce platforms.

Cons: This is quite pricey depending on how much subscribers you're emailing to compared to alternatives. No live support unless you want to pay even more.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/05