Campaign Monitor Reviews

by Campaign Monitor

Filter by:

• Overall

About Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor is an email marketing tool that enables anyone to send beautiful, targeted, and effective email campaigns.

Learn more about Campaign Monitor

Jon H.
E-Commerce Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/02

"Campaign Monitor"

Comments: This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Pros: Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Cons: The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/02
Robert D.
Robert D.
Co-founder
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/06

"Gets the Job Done"

Comments: Overall I'd recommend Campaign Monitor, especially if you're in a rush.

Pros: We enjoyed using Campaign Monitor after switching from MailChimp. We were able to get up and running, fast.

Cons: We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/06
Leah C.
Sr. Graphic Artist
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/20

"The whole package in one site"

Comments: We recently switched from another email marketing site/tool and decided to go with Campaign Monitor due to having everything (testing, design, deployment) on the site. No more sending a test email to separate websites. Their customer support was super helpful with the transition.

Pros: Campaign Monitor had everything our company was looking for and more. We like that you can use their template or bring in your own. We like the option to use just a text version for emails. We LOVE that we can send out 2 versions of one campaign by trying a different subject line. You get to see what gets the best click rate. We also LOVE that there is a built in SPAM check as well as testing email in many email clients...Outlook, Mobile, etc.

Cons: It takes a little bit getting used to setting up a custom email. I find myself going back and forth from the different screens. I just need to get used to using the site as it is new for us.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/20
Saad J.
Digital Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/27

"This is your best option if you don't have a good CRM or Marketing Automation (Premier Plan user)"

Comments: Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, WYSIWYG editor (removing designer/developer dependency), Web Form Integration

Pros: You get a:
> WYSIWYG email editor (making responsive email design & development a piece of cake).
> Conditional email blocks based on list segmentation or conditions.
> Easy to setup email drips to your list, based on when they joined, segmentation rules or custom conditions
> User management to limit access to the lists and control actual email deployment
> Ability to run unlimited basic Spam Filter, Firewall and Email Client tests
> New reporting tab makes monitoring email performance much easier

Cons: The transnational emails are great for basic requirements. Anything more needs custom development and support. I was disappointed when I found there's no way to limit Transactional Emails to run on specific lists out of the box.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/27
Christopher G.
Christopher G.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/30

"It just works !"

Pros: Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :)
I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive.
Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Cons: Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

• Reviewed on 2017/06/30
Alex K.
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"Campaign Monitor is the best email marketing platform... period!"

Comments: My over experience has been awesome! Once you go with CM you can't go back to any other platform because it feels and looks like a joke compared to it.

Pros: I like how professional the website layout and features are. I feel that other platforms are too simplified and have a cheap feeling to them. Campaign monitor cares about the look and feel, as well as the performance of their platform. The way contacts/subscribers/lists are managed is one of my favorite features. The whole platform is intuitive in nature.

Cons: I have 0 complaints about this platform. I do however wish there were more pre-made layouts to choose from, even though the ones available are so awesome and easy to customize.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/14
Jim C.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/21

"Campaign Monitor"

Comments: If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

Pros: As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user. They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading. Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

Cons: If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting. They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms. There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

• Reviewed on 2015/11/21
Nicki S.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/10

"A great product that keeps evolving"

Comments: I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. They've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively. They also take their sender reputation very seriously; when one of my clients inadvertently sent an email to an old list and ended up with too high a percentage of spam reports and unsubscribes, the Campaign Monitor support team was very helpful in working with me to address the issues.

Pros: Responsive design; clean, contemporary, flexible templates; handles images well; great reporting; prompt, helpful, friendly customer service; competitive pricing; agency discount

Cons: Honestly can't think of any at the moment.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/10
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/30

"Email campaigns made simple"

Comments: Campaign monitor is my favourite email campaign tool and I will continue to use it for its simple, clean designs and service.

Pros: Campaign Monitor makes it really easy to set up and deliver email campaigns and analyse the results of each campaign. The templates are brilliant for creating quality emails which look professional and clean all you need to do is put your content in. Campaign Monitor basically holds your hand every step of the way and make it easy for you to insert pictures, links, text, call to action buttons and more into your templates.

Cons: The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday! It can be really frustrating if I have something that I need to get done that day and I can preview it in my own inbox first. It seems to work every other day of the week though.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/30
Brendan O.
Email Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/12

"Campaign Monitor makes email marketing easy with it's easy to use interface and a ton of features."

Comments: The biggest benefit was that I was able to get up to speed and learn the software quickly. It wasn't overwhelming and I felt like I could build great looking emails right away.

Pros: I like that it enables you to create great looking email without any prior experience or knowledge coding or building emails. They have a drag and drop email builder that allows you to quickly create beautiful, responsive, mobile-friendly emails in an easy to use interface. Their marketing automation features are also much easier to learn than some of their competitors.

Cons: For advanced email marketers with coding and development knowledge, Campaign Monitor is a little too simple. It really is geared to marketers who don't have a lot of development knowledge and lacks some of the features of Salesforce's Marketing Cloud.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/12
Heidi W.
Heidi W.
Customer Support
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/12

"Has everything you need, but not for beginners"

Pros: Campaign Monitor has every feature you need. If you want automated campaigns, a/b testing, api specific campaigns, it's got it all. It's got so much flexibility to fit whatever your use case is.

Cons: It can be challenging to use. It's not as simple as other drag and drop platforms. To design a really great campaign, you really HAVE to know a little HTML.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Geoffrey M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/11

"Easy to use product with excellent options"

Comments: Easy to use professional product.

Pros: It has excellent controls over our team's access. It is easy to make up templates and have our team modify them to use. I like the way it saves as you build the template. Great features.

Cons: The cost for small companies with low volumes is high. We have a large data base that is divided into 40 or more lists in different languages. We send out targeted marketing to selected real estate groups so the volume sent out per month is low. We only use lists appropriate for the property to avoid unsubscriptions but because our total number of subscribers is high, the monthly cost is higher than I believe is fair.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/11
Stuart B.
Stuart B.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/10

"Full featured email solution"

Comments: Even though it's not the only system I use, Campaign Monitor is really nicely designed, and has everything that you'd need. I like it more than Active Campaign or definitely more than Aweber. You can set up transactional emails that go out based on what your subscribers have done or have not yet done, plus other automation types. The newsletter builder is pretty beautiful, too, so it works well for a newsletter to your subscribers. What originally drew me to Campaign Monitor was the subscriber box designer, which allows you to add the Campaign Monitor code to any website template so that you're able to have an attractive sign-up box on your site that fits the overall look of your site. Not all systems allow that.

Pros: Great interface, easy to integrate subscription box code into any template, can host a bunch of different lists and manage different business campaigns.

Cons: It's a bit expensive.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/10
Jessica M.
Admin
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"Incredibly easy to use and definitely gets the job done!"

Pros: Anyone could be up and running within minutes, whether you're a pro or just getting started. Importing, then segmenting records, all the way to designing and sending emails is a cinch.

Cons: There's nothing to dislike about Campaign Monitor. It does everything we need it to and actually more than we expected. Also, the reporting is clear and easy to understand.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
David S.
David S.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/13

"Paid email marketing is simply better than free."

Comments: Good price, great segmentation options, easy to interpret data, easy to design emails.

Pros: I am not scientific about this, but it seems that delivery/open rates are better than when I used mailchimp.
Templates are neat and customizable, but I usually just modified my premise designs.
WSYWIG design works well and quickly.
Personalized segmentation options are very helpful.
Worldview is amazing - it is magical watching people open messages around the globe.
Last, but not least, price - very affordable for my size list of less than 500. And they offer non-profit rates.

Cons: While segments are very customizable, it is not easy putting clients into these segments, has to be done manually one-by-one (there are shortcuts for adding a new contact). Would like to send test emails to multiple addresses that are clearly labeled as test!

• Reviewed on 2017/12/13
Alex C.
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/22

"Proud longtime user"

Pros: The focus on great user experience and effective design throughout the backend is second to none. It actually makes using Campaign Monitor a pleasure to use.

Cons: Off the top of my head - nothing! Possibly, during the transition to the new templating system a few years back, it took a little while to get used to it. But that's more a user error. Now I'm so pleased they changed things up.

• Reviewed on 2016/03/22
Bernard G.
Administration Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/06

"Overall we are quite happy with Campaign Monitor"

Pros: We have found Campaign Monitor to be generally intuitive to use. Initial challenges in setup were overcome quite easily. Reasonable range of Do It Yourself templates that are customisable. Campaign Monitor has help information to guide operator of the S/W

Cons: Have trouble inserting Pictures into an email and have to structure the communication to add any pictures at the bottom under the text

• Reviewed on 2017/06/06
Daryl H.
Daryl H.
Multimedia Designer
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"Create and Deploy with Ease!"

Comments: So far so good! As I mentioned before, CM has everything you need in one place to make beautiful and engaging emails. It's easy to use and has some great features like you can import your plain text right from your html in CM. It's fantastic!

Pros: I love that this software has everything I need in one place to design, test and spam check all my emails before they deploy! It is such a time saver!

Cons: I was hoping to be able to jump right in with little to no instruction, but there are a few nuances that I was unaware of in terms of HTML code. But now that I know, it's very easy to use and intuitive.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Katie M.
Katie M.
Client Operations
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/27

"Useful marketing tool with powerful analytics"

Pros: Campaign Monitor has many great features, including:
- segmentation (allowing us to properly split our customers up and target them with appropriate emails)
- Templates: easy to setup, customize and ensure they look professional
- analytics: powerful and easy to understand which has evolved out marketing team to be able to properly target and understand our marketing strategy
- Campaign Monitor has great integrations that allow us to use it throughout our platforms and connected to other software we are using

Cons: - Not flexible for completely customizable email bodies. We are unable to allow our designers to completely design the emails themselves as it lacks some functionality.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/27
Loyalty and Retention Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/29

"Very intuitive & gets the job done"

Comments: It's a great and complete tool for starting out your email marketing ecosystem, as it's quite easy to manage users, reports and all that jazz. I fully recommend it, no coding skills necessary.

Pros: This was the first email marketing platform I've ever used and I gotta say it was a breeze to work with. I only had some basic HTML knowledge and that helped a lot, but other than that I relied on Campaign Monitor to teach me how to use it.

Cons: I'd love for the design to be more customizable, but I guess that would make for a more complicated product.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/29
Production/Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"So Fun Watching Count of Email Opens Go Up"

Pros: Real time data when you send out email blasts. It's great to see how your efforts pay off after you hit that send button. Like how it integrates with TapClicks.

Cons: Small learning curve which can be frustrating at times.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/14
Robert R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/18

"overall suited our needs while sending newsletters"

Comments: Certainly did the job and would be something i would keep considering moving forward until a better option arrives.

Pros: suited our needs by creating the newsletters we wanted and getting them out there to our customers

Cons: price could have been more competitive a more user friendly

• Reviewed on 2018/12/18
Deb T.
IT Director
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/07

"Monitor Campaigns Easily"

Pros: This product does allow you to monitor and track about any campaign you can put together. It is quite good at avoiding SPAM.

Cons: It does take quite a bit of learning to setup and work with this software. Once you understand it, it works well.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/07
Entrepreneur
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/25

"an excellent email program"

Comments: It is so much easier to automate my emails with Campaign Monitor. I can easily track analytics, which has been a game changer for my business!

Pros: I love the ease of using this email program! Lists are easy to sort and adding in new contacts is a quick process. Things are laid out very well and it doesn't take a lot of work to be able to learn to work with the program easily!

Cons: I have found that the templates that they have are a bit difficult to work with and maneuver, but overall this is still worth working through because of the upsides of this program.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/25
Darie N.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/29

"easy to use and lots of options. Effective segmentation and workflow tools"

Pros: Great workflow system lets you really segment and get the most out of your lists. Creating campaign is also very easy and the drag and drop features mean you can create beautiful emails quickly! There's also many pre-set design to choose from so you can always find something that suits your brand.

Cons: My only disappointment is that when you make a change to a workflow, existing subscribers are not pushed through, this means you need to really think and plan your workflow in its entirety from the beginning or create a new one.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/29