RetailEdge Reviews

by High Meadow Business Solutions

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,8 /5

About RetailEdge

Affordable, powerful POS software; integrated point of sale systems and inventory management software for retail businesses.

Learn more about RetailEdge

Jen S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/13

"Retail Edge gives us all we need and more!"

Pros: The reports available are wonderful. I like that I can create/customize the reports I use most frequently and save them as "memorized reports" and name them as we see fit. The setup was pretty easy overall and the customer service since then has been great. Low monthly fees, or fees based upon your needs is a bonus. User friendly on the front end and staff tends to learn quickly. The deeper you get into the system and use the features available the more you see it offers. The Demo/Training mode available is fantastic!

Cons: We have used Retail Edge about 2 years and just added another terminal at a new location. We are learning how to make sure each user can only see their specific data unless given security rights to see both/all locations. I feel there are a few reports that still show all locations data even though based on their user "rights" they should have limited visibility. Maybe I missed a step during setup? Overall; very happy, just completed cashier training at the new location, and looking forward to what we can do now.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/13
Owner, Buyer
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/22

"Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used before."

Comments: Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

Pros: Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

Cons: Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/22
Korie R.
OWNER
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/06

"The easiest to use and loaded with features"

Comments: the customer support team was amazing, we suffered from a computer crash and the the team helped us get back up and running very quickly

Pros: We like the ease of adding inventory and products into the system which is the longest process of any system but retail edge made this quick.

Cons: the only thing we wish we could do would be to modify or have the ability to change invoice numbers

• Reviewed on 2020/11/06
Michael Y.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/21

"Simple and amazing software!"

Pros: As a used bookstore we have utilized the customer features to track book credits. This allows us to see when our customers were last in and contact info to get them back! Simple and easy to use!!

Cons: There is little I don't like about this software.. it's a software that it always in evolution. Having consistency when having doing reports... A default selection choice would be nice...

• Reviewed on 2017/10/21
Zak R.
Sales Manager
Consumer Goods
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/30

"User friendly software that takes only a few days to learn. Awesome tech support! :-)"

Comments: Made my product inventory easy to handle. Does not need much computer knowledge to operate. Easy to capture customer's information and use the data to develop promotions and obtain more return customers to our crystal showroom. Lots of functions for data backup and security to prevent unauthorized entry to sensitive data ( about inventory, customer info, sales and account info etc..)

Pros: I have been using RetailEdge POS since 2014. Glad to say that I'm very satisfied with this software. It's very easy to learn if one can commit just 1 to 2 hours for one week when newly bought. The functions provided are certainly worth more than the price tag of this software (I'm not kidding).
The function buttons and menu items are easy to navigate and after a few tries, it becomes natural to navigate. When compared to other competing POS software which may look more colorful and user friendly at first, they sell functions which are already included with RetailEdge as add-ons. A good example would be RetailEdge's gift card function, membership function, cupon function and many more. With the other software, you will end up paying for each add-ons and the final cost of owning that software can be quite costly.
I have been persuaded by many firms that want me to switch over to their POS software but when asked if they can give a software that has the same or more built in functions as that of RetailEdge AND at the same cost of RetailEdge, I never seem to get a reply from them...haha.
Any software is as good only if the tech support provided is reliable and prompt and the folks at RetailEdge have not failed me once. The tech support cost is again affordable when compared to other POS software. Oh, before I forget, the constant software update provided is simply awesome. You can be assured that you're in safe hands for the long term when you purchase RetailEdge POS.

Cons: Not much actually. I just hope that the gift card and membership (points system) functions can be expanded more in RetailEdge POS. These are the only functions I personally feel that has not caught up with other competing POS software. There have been many updates and improvements in RetailEdge pos EXCEPT for gift card and points system functions. If these can be made competitive with other software in the POS market, I'll be happy as lark.
Maybe as I write this review, the good folks at RetailEdge are already coding new functions and updates for the above 2 functions....finger crossed.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/30
Eric P.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/11

"Have Used RetailEdge for Decades!"

Comments: We have been using RetailEdge since 1996ish and we've found it to be simply the best for our modest retail operation. It does everything we need it to do and the guys in tech support have been super helpful (when needed) to keep us up and running.

Pros: Able to keep track of inventory, sales, customers with ease. RetailEdge easily links to our Shopify account so inventory stays consistent on all sales channels and is actually affordable for smaller brick and mortar operations like ours. Also able to view the days sales remotely which comes in handy when away from the store and the employees are running things. Customer lists can be exported in different formats and uploaded to mass marketing service providers with just a few clicks.

Cons: Some things are kind of cumbersome, and while most things have a 'work around' just the fact we need to use a 'work around' is somewhat of a pain. Having said this RetailEdge is still the best bang for the buck even with those occasional work around's. What's a Pain?
- Can't add colors / sizes to a Matrix on the fly without exiting matrix or it causes an error.
- Multiple vendors can't be used for 1 item.
- Closed Layaways or Open Order's don't say this on receipt. (even though we've gone over it with tech support it still doesn't work).
- Would be nice to open a service work ticket which will track customer's items. (we use an open order as a workaround, but it doesn't track the items in for service, or give a due date.) Maybe offer this as a separate module like RECAP?

• Reviewed on 2019/02/11
Jared P.
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/23

"Great point of sale software with an amazing support team. Fifteen years of business and very happy!"

Pros: RetailEdge has a very easy to learn and use interface that is capable of doing anything we have needed or thought about needing for our retail store and paintball playing fields. Everything from gift cards, layaway, house charges, multiple clerks with security options, multiple locations, inventory, PO's, integrated credit card processing, customer management, great reporting, barcodes/UPC, 3rd party integrations for online sales, and more! You name it, RetailEdge pretty much integrates it into their program. We also subscribe to their gold level service plan which includes regular updates and priority call in help which is rarely needed but a great peace of mind in case we do need assistance. Their tech support is all in house in America so they are easy to work with and don't rush you off the phone. We have always had courteous professional service when needing support or asking questions. They have also built us some custom software to help RetailEdge integrate with some online marketplace needs that we had prior to releasing it to the public. After 15+ years of doing business with RetailEdge they continue to do a great job, offer great service, and keep updating the program to make it better year after year. We couldn't ask for much more!

Vanessa M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/30

"Best Value and Excellent Service"

Pros: Simple yet powerful. Great support. Online forum is excellent for getting questions answered or to learn a new skill. Fantastic reports and even more functions I have yet to try out. I love how there isn't a huge monthly monetary commitment and that the software does exactly what I need it to do. You really can't go wrong. It was the best decision I made. The gentleman who runs Rings n Things recommended it and I am so glad I went with his recommendation. It is scary to put all your inventory onto one system. I started with a small store and now we are filled to the brim. I am very confident with the software and am looking forward to doing more with it when I can find the time to play with it. I am happy to talk to anyone who has any questions.

Cons: My online store and inventory are not directly connected. The printers can be a pain but that is more of a printer issue not a software issue. Also things are wonky with only one USB on most new computers. Again, the printers don't want to play nice all the time.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/30
Elio S.
Ceo
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Former QBs user"

Comments: Very pleasant

Pros: Multi location. Recon. Brendon barcode reader

Cons: I think it could have more options for credit cards processing

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 2019/11/01

Hi Elio, we are so glad you like RetailEdge! And we completely agree about having more choices for integrated credit card processing. That's why we recently added a new partner processor, CardConnect. They have a flat rate of 2.5% and $0.05 per transaction. email us if you'd like more info! -Kayla

Kevork G.
Co-owner
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/28

"I Love This Retail Solution!!!!"

Comments: Peace of mind, easy backups, control over inventory, solid reporting.

Pros: GREAT free customer support over email. Frequent updates. VERY Flexible. AFFORDABLE purchase price and updates. Rock solid performance. Great under the hood abilities. Without a doubt, the most feature rich and the most affordably priced retail pos with an incredible and responsive team. Recently improved support for integrated cloud, network, e-commerce. Runs very well on Windows 7.

Cons: Not the MOST appealing visually. Some features are buried or structurally antiquated. Good (not great) reports, templates (no ability to edit template for reports receipts). Sales/discount rules are one of the elements that are feature rich, but tricky to set up. Not as intuitive as they could be. For some, (not me) it might be a con that it doesn't run on an iPad.

Joshua R.
Guy in back room
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/14

"Easy to use and easy to set up."

Comments: I was looking for a Point of Sale Software to run my sporting goods store and the reason I chose RetailEdge was because they were the only system that I found where I could just buy it outright and not get hit with all sorts of subscription fees. The other reason I chose them was because the data was mine and it was not sitting up on someone's cloud having who knows what analyze it and mining my information. The support team is knowledgable and has ben able to help me through the small issues that all seem to be related to Windows Updates messing up printers. All in all its a good program at a good price.

Pros: Easy to use tools and my data belongs to me. I don't have to be connected to access my data. I can work in an offline mode and then synch up later.
The other big thing was credit card processing and I had a choice when it came to this unlike other companies where they only give you one option.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/14
Gena D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/29

"Has a lot of features and is a very good value for the money"

Comments: Great inventory control and helps me to decide how/what/how many to reorder.

Pros: Most tasks can be done on the keyboard. Using a mouse slows me down on completing a transaction and we don't have touch screens, so being able to use the keyboard and hot kets, etc, is SO helpful! I've used this program for about 15 years and it's a great product at a great value. Their service is good and you get to "know" the people at the company, even though they are based on the other side of the country from me.

Cons: When looking at inventory, have to go to several different tabs to see 1) quantity in stock, 2) price that they last sold at and how many, etc. And quantity in stock is no longer a column that you can see at a glance on the inventory screen.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/29
Veronika D.
Manager Ashland
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/01

"Retail Edge is so easy to set up and use, and if I ever have a problem, the reps are super helpful!"

Comments: I can track my stock, issue Gift Certificates...thinking about it, we have 2 locations and we don't utilize a way to be able to track gift certificate sales over both registers. It would be nice to be able to accept our other location's GCs without having to go in and adjust the sales later. I don't know if that can be done or not.

Pros: I like the interface between Retail Edge and my credit card system. I don't have to enter the amount twice, which prevents errors in charge amounts.

Cons: When an old record is deleted, sometimes you can't re-use the stock number or it warns of a duplicate entry. If I deleted it, it shouldn't be there at all!

Ginny G.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/28

"From day 1 (almost 15 years ago)been so helpful! Rarely need help when I do they are great!"

Comments: Inventory management, sales reports

Pros: Easy to learn, provides data I need to make good decisions for my business. Turn key set up and support.

Cons: Having to modify the price to reprint a price label with the original price on it. We do markdowns in red pen from original prices. Never need the sale price printed on a label. Would be nice to be able to reprint labels always at original price. Now look up item, change price back to original, print label, change price to sale price.

Ed E.
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/03

"Been using for 13 years now. Overall great experience"

Comments: Fairly bulletproof Point of Sale (POS) application.

Pros: Within the framework provided the software has a fair amount of flexibility. Adding common utilities can allow you to run your business from anywhere using the RetailEdge functionality. The price is also a strong "Pro." Lots of great tools for a reasonable price

Cons: You must move within the framework provided. If you want to do something not supported it can be a difficult road.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/03
David D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/31

"New to R.E. in June. Very easy transition."

Comments: Quick, easy and comprehensive transition from a POS system we had been using for 20+ years to Retail Edge's product. Still learning (only been on-board for 2 months), but any avenue I take to become savvy with an unexplored area meets with quick and comprehensive understanding. It's remarkable intuitive. The options to perform tasks make sense and the performance is easy.

Pros: The intuitiveness of the tasks. It guides you to success. We like the multi-options to perform tasks. You can do it this way or that and still be successful. Very easy to train folks to use the system. Support was there and very helpful when needed.

Cons: The least favorable pre-purchase issue was the anxiety in setting up and learning a new POS system. I didn't look forward to the anticipated time needed to learn and launch the program. It was easy ! The anxiety was totally unwarranted and the time requirements were well below the hours I expected. So much of it was intuitive and reasonably understood.

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 2018/08/01

David, it was a pleasure working with you personally on your transition and I'm so glad to hear everything is going smoothly for Forth N Goal! Thanks so much for your positive feedback! -Kayla

• Reviewed on 2018/07/31
Nicole J.
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/08

"Being a customer for 14 years I think says it all. Great product and even better support!!"

Pros: Perfect for my small retail business. Having two stores it tracks our inventory and simplifies the ordering process for the two stores. It is a user friendly piece of software and if you don't understand anything, the RE Tech staff is there for you!

Cons: I wish it was available for a Mac platform as I am not a fan of windows. When windows updates is the time we have trouble and need tech support.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/08
Larry H.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/11

"right from the demo download to buying and installing sales and customer support was awesome"

Comments: Inventory management and POS system all in one at a very good price

Pros: The ease of use of all aspects of the software, very easy for sales clerks as well as for the administrator for system setup and creating item codes, departments, classes, etc.

Cons: I have a specific/unique application that the software doesn't do. However Sales/Customer service provided me with 2 workarounds and an explanation.

Katherine M.
Co Owner

"Continues to improve"

Pros: The customer service is great, the features keep improving and the sales process is great. Gift cards, set up, customer records- all awesome.

Cons: The reporting, while improving, can be cumbersome. This could be because of the type of products we sell being complicated, but exporting to excel requires a lot of gymnastics to get the data how we need it.

Laura S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Been with Retail Edge for 18+ years. It runs my bricks & mortar store. Gold service plan is great."

Pros: The personal service from the tech support. When we get in trouble there is always someone back to us fast with help. Takes a lot of the stress out of running a POS system.

Cons: There is no good way to make this software work with our website and the available web solutions are not appropriate for us. Hoping that we can change that in time.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Peter N.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/23

"Easy to use and run reports"

Comments: Track sales day to day month to month and year to year by the minute.

Pros: Detail of Reports help increase sales. We are able to track time and volume to the minute of each day. We are able to track the performance of a product.

Cons: Inventory can be confusing to set up. The product code and description. If you had simila product up we could edit would help.

Peter N.
Manager/Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/12

"Retail Edge reveiw"

Comments: I have not find a help video on items, that would save me time on calling in for help.

Pros: Pro : use the program that fits you and Service is Great

Cons: The P.O. system is a little tricky could be easier Con: I have not found a help video on task, that would save me time on training and calling in for help.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/12
Kelly D.
Retail Lead

"Very easy to use."

Pros: The ease of the software. We are a hospital gift shop and have mostly volunteers using the cash registers. Even the ladies who have had absolutely no cash register experience have had no problems with this software. Customer support is awesome, always call me right back and have always solved my issues.

F&B Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/02

"Retail Edge was easy to learn and maintain, when I do need assistance their team gets back quickly."

Pros: The ease of use and how practical it is for our store. They thought of everything when it was designed. The reports that it produces makes inventory and accounting easy.

Cons: That I don't yet know all the shortcuts that are available. I know there are many things that I am not taking advantage of.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/02
Richard K.
Bookkeeper
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/11

"Great software, easy, quick & efficient."

Comments: Very easy to work with.

Pros: Very easy to work with. My company has been using RetailEdge for quite some time now and we won't use any other program.

Cons: There's really nothing that I can think of, this is the first program that we really have no problems with.