Sage Intacct Reviews

• Overall
    4,2 /5
    4,1 /5

About Sage Intacct

The #1 Accounting Software and Financial Management Solution. Built for Finance by Finance

Learn more about Sage Intacct

Accounting Manager
Religious Institutions, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Great Accounting System, but with some limitations"

Comments: We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros: I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons: The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

by Sage Intacct on 2019/09/30

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 2019/09/24
Accounting Staff
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/27

"Get's the job done"

Comments: Overall, I enjoy using the product. It works well and I don't have many complaints besides the fact that it can take some getting used to.

Pros: I like that everything is very visually appealing. It's easy to see what you're working with and the accounting aspects work well for our team.

Cons: They recently did an update that changed the layout of the system and I feel like it's harder to navigate. It's not as intuitive, making it difficult to find things.

by Sage Intacct on 2019/03/28

Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the visibility. As for the new user interface, we have a couple resources that may be able to help you out in the Help Center - if you shoot me an email, I can point you in the right direction :) Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/27
Jacob P.
Finance & Information Systems Director
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/14

"Highly Customizable and packed full of integrations to make the best accounting package"

Comments: by using Intacct, we've been able to keep our man hours low in the accounting office. This has allowed us to put our energy toward ministries and not back office cost.

Pros: Intacct is a great foundation to our accounting package. It allows us to build in other softwares (Nexonia, Bill.com,) to make an accounting system that works for our organization.

Cons: The price is high for Intacct compared to other fund accounting platforms for churches. On top of the cost for Intacct, you pay extra for any additional platform you decide to use. We also always seems to be tweaking how we have items set up. This could be good because we'll always making it better, but sometimes wish there was just one simple way of using the product.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/14
Jessica A.
Assistant Controller
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/23

"Fast and Easy"

Pros: Intacct is very easy to use and really fast as well. You can create and run reports that drill down to GL and subledger data with ease. Compared to other ERP systems I have used, I like Intacct the best. It also has a very open architecture making systems integrations very smooth.

Cons: Tickets logged with customer support often take weeks to months to resolve.

by Sage Intacct on 2019/04/25

Thanks for your review, Jessica! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the reporting within Sage Intacct! As for any outstanding support tickets, or other questions you may have, feel free to reach out to Sameera at [email protected] with any questions or concerns. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/23
Joseph L.
District Accountant
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"2 Plus Years Use of Intacct"

Comments: At first I was not the happiest but the more I use it I have not wanted to change.
I like the improvements they continue to make.
I am glad I chose this software.

Pros: I love the ability to attach documents to each transaction.
I like the ability to customize the software.
They are upgrading their report writer. I have not used it yet but it is supposed to be very easy to use.

Cons: I have not spent a lot of time with the reports.
Creating custom reports is a process.
On some screens I wish it showed totals at the bottom but I have to export and then total up the amount. That is from a certain view. If I created a report it would have the totals.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02
Don M.
VP Finance
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"Generally pleased with Intacct. Have not tested its capabilities yet, but have had good success."

Comments: Ability to run our accounting processes with an easy to maintain product.

Pros: UI is good. Ease of maintenance. General ease of use. Functionality is adequate and improving. Like the newly develop Contracts module, though pricing was wrong and made our purchase difficult.

Cons: Reporting package needs help. Have heard and seen hope for better functionality, but have yet to see delivery. Fearful that advanced reporting will be an option, which would not be good! Detailed TB is getting out of control with unnecessary attachment of dimensions to balance sheet accounts. Need to find a way to turn that off (hopeful it can be done).

Sr. Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/09

"The Intacct team is 100% customer success focused"

Pros: The open platform allows us to choose best in breed solutions across the company and then integrate it all together to reflect financials and reporting.

Cons: If you don't know what you're doing or have a good trainer, it may take a little while to get familiar with the navigation.

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find it easy to integrate solutions across the company to reflect financials within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 2018/05/09
Melissa L.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/05

"Intacct has met all our needs and allowed us to reduce the time needed to close our books each month"

Pros: The user friendliness makes it easy to train staff, the import feature saves us time when entering data and the ability to budget and expense to different dimensions.

Cons: I wish the reporting was a little more flexible and I am patiently waiting for the new reporting to be released.

by Sage Intacct on 2018/11/30

Hello Melissa,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're saving time during month end close. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 2018/05/05
Elaine O.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/02

"This is one of the better Accounting Software that I've used. I love the ease of correcting entries"

Comments: I love the ease of use and the ability to quickly correct entries.

Pros: I love the ease of making corrections to the financials. I also like the ACH feature of Accounts Payable as well as the auto-population of Accounts Payable as well as the ability to attach invoices, which allows for the entire Payables process to become paperless. This product also automatically perform the 2nd entry on the subsidiary books, when inputting a Source Company.

Cons: The Purchasing piece does not keep the original date; which makes it hard to book to the correct period. Also the fact that you have to keep running Registers to see what was paid to avendor. There is no quick summary feature.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/02
Vonn W.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"Great, efficient accounting software"

Comments: Easy to use software and production of monthly financial statements.

Pros: Ease of use, easy to modify and look up JEs as needed.

Cons: It's great, I can't think of any negatives.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/23
Steven C.
Senior Business Services Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/06

"Sage Intacct Review"

Pros: Streamlined interface. Easy to use features and and very customizable.

Cons: Customer support could be more responsive and less reliant on peer help.

Hello Steven,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are finding Sage Intacct easy to use and customizable. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 2018/09/06
Brian D.
Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/23

"Intacct is the leading accounting software for business!"

Pros: We switched from Quickbooks and this software just blew it away. Intacct is cloud based and is much more efficient and effective for business use and produces good reports and integrations to 3rd party software.

Cons: There are odd restrictions with the software. It won't let you use bank accounts as GL accounts which may be for a good reason but works in our business.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/23
Gay lynn M.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"Customer service is some of the best in the industry. They are always ready and able to help."

Comments: great reporting - accuracy - aicpa recommended

Pros: The ability to produce about every type of report you need. We use many reports. Intacct is innovative and always improving the product.

Cons: Ironically, the reporting is very complex and difficult to manage in the initial stages. Once you have a longer term understanding it is very manageable.

National Account Manager
1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/05

"Sage Intacct is an incredible value because it's helped our revenue and volume tremendously"

Pros: Sage Intacct is very complete and feature-rich, allowing us to consolidate our billing solutions. That lead to streamlining our process, leading to a significant increase in our productivity. We're now using it daily throughout the entire company.

Cons: The pricing was more than we initially anticipated but it became a non-issue once we began using the software. When we were exposed to the entire platform we were much more comfortable.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Dale C.
Chief Financial Officer
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/17

"Still in implementation phase...but proving to be exactly what we are looking for."

Comments: Exactly what we want - cloud-based; flexible; allows for growth; pay for only what you need. Also small up-front cost, so in the event it doesn't work for your company down the line, you don't have to worry much about walking away to implement something else. I sense that the Sage Intacct people "get this" and are very helpful...knowing that they need to earn our business every day.

Pros: Still in our implementation process - but system is very flexible, has great high-level reporting including multiple dashboards, while still allowing viewer to drill down to detail. Everyone we have worked for is accessible, knowledgeable and offers information on how other users have configured things.

Cons: Haven't seen any worth worrying about to this point. We haven't experienced all of the potential trouble-spots in similar products; e.g. integration with other systems and importing/exporting data. But we are still very comfortable as we move forward.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/17
Accounting Associate
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/19

"Great capabilities if some tweaks were made"

Pros: This is a great accounting software that would be made even better if some of the features that have been promised for quite some time would officially roll out.

Cons: There is much improvement needed in the reporting area. After using the proposed new reporting module, the current module looks and feels antiquated and not user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Kyle K.
Director of Applications
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/22

"Sage Intacct is powerful with tons of potential and possibilities"

Comments: Whatever industry you are in, suggest to check out this product and compare to others. You'll find this to be very competitive on all front.

Pros: Sage Intacct is a great tool that comes with a huge assortment of functions within the core application along with integration capabilities all while having great performance and uptime. The satisfaction around this project is second to none.

Cons: It is fairly new to the SMB market and still gaining mainstream traction due to increased functionality. It doesn't fit everyone however, they are becoming less and less. It can be a bit expensive if have many users.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/22
Adam M.
Senior Accountant
Accounting, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/06

"Great accounting package"

Comments: Overall, it has been a great experience. Support is excellent, and the company works to constantly improve the product and keep the features competitive with what's available in the market.

Pros: It's very easy to use and integrates well with a number of other products, such as MineralTree and SalesForce.

Cons: Some basic functions, such as producing manual checks and paying off credit cards, are needlessly complicated.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/06
Shah abdul latif B.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/02

"A very robust solution for almost any SMB."

Comments: Intacct is an enterprise level general ledger accounting software. It has many features which are enough for most SMBs. Nevertheless, it needs to fix some minor issues to carry the user experience further on the positive side.

Pros: A friendly User Interface. Excellent dashboard with stats. Simple and elegant navigation. Very intuitive custom reporting functionality. No need of any 3rd party support for fixing errors.

Cons: Not the most powerful accounting software. Unconventional Chart of account approach. Sometimes the Reporting module might get difficult to manage.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/02
Juan S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/14

"Good product and value."

Pros: Accommodates most of the needs of a growing company. Allows for some customization. Interface is easy to understand and can usually be figured out by trial and error.

Cons: Instruction manuals are lacking, will need to learn as you go. Sales team is extremely lacking in providing support and solutions that may help a growing company. Implementation of add-on modules is very generic with very little support for customization. Once implemented, we found that we were on our own in trying to resolve issues that should have been addressed by the implementation expert.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/14
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/27

"Fantastic implementation from the support team"

Pros: The implementation was incredibly smooth. Rarely have I encountered this, but with Intacct, they had our back the entire process. Our account rep was extremely knowledgeable and we were up and running before the target timeline.

Cons: This software is a beast and takes some time to learn. There is definitely a learning curve, but it is ultimately worth it.

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you had such a positive implementation process. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 2018/06/27
Joshua S.
Billing Representative
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/03

"Value of the product is Amazing!"

Pros: Sage Intacct provides correct and concise information.

Cons: The flexibility in maneuvering the software is surprisingly easy!

by Sage Intacct on 2019/04/04

Thanks for leaving a review, Joshua! Great to hear that you're liking Sage Intacct :) Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/03
Owd
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2013/12/18

"Our company has been using Intacct since 2004 and we are glad we have"

Comments: Our company has been using Intacct since 2004 and we are glad we have. We are a 20 million dollar company and with its constant updates it keeps us going. Very content with how easy to use this software is for client invoicing, accounts payable and receivables and cash flow. As far as cons Im must stay vendor history. You have to play around with it too much to eventually get what you need. If I want to view a vendor history I would like to view it all. Don't really care for last quarter or previous month or anything like that.
-One World Direct

Pros: We are a 20 million dollar company and with its constant updates it keeps us going. Very content with how easy to use this software is for client invoicing, accounts payable and r

Cons: As far as cons Im must stay vendor history. You have to play around with it too much to eventually get what you need. If I want to view a vendor history I would like to view it all. Don't really care for last quarter or previous month or anything lik

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2013/12/18
Melissa V.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/28

"While I believe Intacct has potential it is currently lacking in ease of use."

Pros: I appreciate how I can easily manage all of my bank reconciliation and general ledger needs on one website. It incorporates many of the features I need and allows me to input manual payments easily. My favorite feature is how it remembers my transactions so if I have a frequent vendor I can duplicate payments and edit as needed.

Cons: I find the software difficult to use. It seems like there are lots of unnecessary steps to accomplish what I need within the software. I am not a fan of how I have to void transactions completely if I make a mistake instead of editing it.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/28
Anne C.
Executive Assistant
1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/21

"Sage Intacct review"

Pros: As expected, this software is easy to use and looks cool for the reporting view. I keep my inventories well.

Cons: As on now, none. But maybe additional visual process on customer supporting services and ore knowledgeable.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/21