Marketo Engage Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Marketo Engage

Powerful, easy to use marketing automation software that helps generate qualified leads and translate marketing spending into revenue.

Learn more about Marketo Engage

Md masoom R.
Md masoom R.
Sr. Executive Sales and Research
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/03

"Indeed a Best-in-Class Marketing Automation Software"

Comments: My overall experience with Marketo Marketing Automation is satisfactory. I am using it daily for marketing automation for different marketing campaigns for different team members and I found this platform very helpful and amazing. My experience with their dashboards and reports features are mindblowing and this is the best thing about this tool.

Pros: I like almost everything about this amazing marketing automation tool. Some of the things that I like most about it is the following: 1. Marketo customer support team is very responsive and always available to help, this is something I like the most. 2. Marketo's simple and easy user interface is amazing and very easy to use. This is the second thing that I like about it. 3. Marketo's amazing dashboards and reports features are the 3rd things that I like most about it. It is very informatics.

Cons: I want to share one thing that I dislike about it and that is Marketo is a little bit expensive compared to other tool but I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/03
Jon R.
CMO & Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"Marketo - great software for demand generation"

Comments: We implement and optimize Marketo (and several other platforms) on behalf of our clients and have found Marketo a scalable solution for b2b companies with more than 100 employees. Anything less employee wise requires a lesser tool. This is the best tool for the mid-market segment in our experiences.

Pros: 1. Ease of use
2. Drip campaigns triggered on behaviors of leads
3. Lead management (inquiry to close)
4. Ubiquitous in the 100-1000 employee segment, SaaS business

Cons: 1. Customer support lacks
2. New feature functionality is questionable in the 2015-2018 vintage (pre-adobe) - eg Sky doesn't work as one example
3. Limitations on API use
4. Mobile responsive templates are not mobile responsive!
5. Anything account based related

• Reviewed on 2019/12/17
Austin S.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/06

"Best-in-class Marketing Automation Solution"

Pros: Marketo is the "Porsche with a manual transmission" of marketing automation platforms. It's full of cool features and is incredibly powerful. The strengths: 1) Workflow flexibility that is unmatched by other platforms. Building complex data management, lead scoring, and organizational processes (such as lead routing) is very achievable in Marketo. They basically give you every function they can possibly code and let their customers piece them together as they like (more on this in #7). 2) The engagement programs, primarily meant for lead nurturing, are truly best-in-class. It's a little bit of an adjustment at first, but it really simplifies complex nurturing tracks and saves marketers from putting prospects into multiple tracks at once (which happens more than most admit) 3) The vision is impressive. Marketo has a clear, long-term vision that they continually deliver on. Examples being advances in personalization, ABM, ect. I'd bet on them to lead the way (or buy the way via Vista ) to whatever is next in marketing automation, such as AI or machine learning.

Cons: I love Marketo. But, there are some things I don't love. 1) The landing page builder has made improvements but still, leaves some to be desired. Unless a template available for import matches what you'd like to do, you pretty much have to hire a developer to build your templates. 2) The reporting is somewhat overhyped. They REALLY sell revenue cycle analytics, but in reality, it's tough to implement and even tougher to accurately maintain. Since data is essentially timestamped and not stored in an external record (i.e. like Salesforce has for a campaign member), if you mess it up, you're SOL. Marketo's advice to me was "don't mess up."

• Reviewed on 2017/06/06
Praveen R.
Software Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/19

"Marketo: An Ultimate Platform for marketing!"

Pros: The reason why I referred the application as an ultimate platform is that it gathers all information about your digital marketing campaigns emails, online forms, marketing material etc. at a single place. It is a user-friendly interface which is easily understandable by you and it has a very brilliant capability of automating almost everything. In this, one can build a variety of things like email templates, landing pages, etc. It supports multi-touch campaigns and multichannel. It is broad and very useful for CRM Integration and most importantly Analytics. It increases efficiency in a variety of ways (like the ability to create a tokenized template) as well as its Lead management process is also brilliant!! Its capabilities are very vast, Comprehensive campaigns capabilities are one of them.

Cons: Here are a few cons which shouldn’t be ignored. Reporting of Analytics of Marketo is very bad and in addiction smart list designs are not flexible and it is very difficult to design them. Most importantly it is not within the range of all types of people, as its rates are little bit higher. Its interface should be improved for new users as well as some software bugs should also be fixed regarding auto-saving. It loads the previewing list very slowly. Its Spam Identification feature also very poor as well as email and landing page analytics are also not enough. But at last, I want to say that the major issue with it, is regarding its speed of loading the application which needs a lot of improvement

• Reviewed on 2018/08/19
Louis C.
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Our team has found Marketo an essential tool to organize and to optimize new customer relationships"

Comments: Our review focused on the process of discovery relative to our website and front line presentations to the market prospect visitors. However , Marketo Software covers the complete spectrum of marketing and prospect lead generation. Its almost intelligent interaction with prospects allows our team great confidence in engaging and in capturing quality leads.

Pros: We loved the Marketo's ability to rate and analyze our web pages and in addition to recommend tactics to boost our site's search ability. This is a vital feature specification on the marketing side. This task is accomplished through their easy to use user interface and dashboard which can report the necessity to upgrade target key search words and title tags. We also employ Marketo's ability to collect information from prospective visitors to our site and with its tools which customize the visitors experience based the application's unique reaction to visitor company size and industry sector as well as inquiry behavior while interacting.

Cons: We hoped the customer service hours to be more robust and available as we work late hours and over seas times. This is a small complaint in the over all scheme and we rate Marketo as a fine product . The online support resources are helpful.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Marketing Coordinator
Legal Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"Marketing Automation Powerhouse"

Pros: The face that Marketo syncs with Salesforce and Bizible information makes it our source of truth in many cases. I consume the information in Marketo rather than automating myself, but I find the folder system easy to navigate once you figure out your company's foldering/naming conventions. I like the way you view a 'person' in Marketo, which is more consistent than the lead vs. contact system in Salesforce.

Cons: While the folder (drop-down menu) system is relatively easy to get the hang of, the entirety of the program is a bit of a beast to master, even when you're just consuming the info within marketo (not building programs). It would be easy to get lost trying to look for detailed information. Luckily we have a Marketo expert who can help and finds it easy to get us the information we need.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/27
Aubrey U.
Aubrey U.
Director -Client Advocate
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/13

"Used Marketo as a digital Marketing tool for Lead Gen"

Comments: This gives you insight into what prospects are interested in and gives your warm leads because when you contact the prospect you already know what is important to them based on the digital foot print they left

Pros: This is a great tool to have to track the digital footprints of a prospect. When they go to your web site you see ever click and with analytics it gives you a great snap shot of perspective buyers and persona

Cons: I cant say I disliked anything. I wish the web and social came together in a one package maybe because the 2 tools together are powerful. The Marketo Social gives a snapshot of what perspective buyers are saying about you on social media and with advanced analytics its a powerful tool

• Reviewed on 2017/11/13
Marketing and communications manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/21

"Markato, marketing automation done easy"

Pros: Within our company, we used Marketo for campaign execution, lead collection and management, and creating reports. While it took us some time to set it up, between planning, configuration, once all of that was done, and we finished the onboarding programme to our marketeers and stakeholders (around 3 months from day 1 to the final onboarding). Marketo had become part of the spine of our operations. Did I mention the very active and friendly online community? They are what made us fall in love with the tool in the first place!

Cons: It took our marketing team (especially the junior staff) some time to learn it and even more time for our non-marketing stakeholders. Some features like the overall activity of all the leads are still not implemented directly, the community helped us figure out ways around missing features and what other software we could use to compliment Marketo, which kind off made up for it.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/21
Head Of Customer Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/06

"Hardcore Marketo lover...would never stray!"

Pros: Marketo..where do we begin? I started using Marketo two organizations ago and at this point I wouldn't even consider working for an organization that isn't using Marketo. Everything from lead entry, lead validation, lead assignment, nurturing, email communication, landing pages, forms, personalization. At this point it has gotten so big that we have a team using it and we need to enforce best practices.

Cons: You get out of it what you put in. You can run your entire business on it but you need to ensure you are using best practices - if you let inexperienced people behind the wheel, it will turn into a huge mess.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/06
Digital Strategy
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/19

"Very robust Marketing Automation platform"

Comments: Overall, Marketo is an extremely robust tool. It really helps marketers meet their needs, and also consider different ways to perform campaign operations.

Pros: Marketo allows you the flexibility to do a lot with your marketing campaigns. The Smart Campaign logic alone can accomplish so much, the possibilities are (nearly) endless.

Cons: Visually, it is outdated. (Even with their beta rollout of Marketo Sky, it's still lacking an ease-of-use.) I would really like to see a more visual interface for Smart Campaigns especially. Also, the response time when attempting to switch between different Marketo instances is at a snail's pace.. I'd love to see that improve.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/19
Rachel E.
Growth and Marketing Operations
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/13

"Operationally and Organizationally Powerful"

Comments: Measuring movement and success through specific programs is very helpful. On a very basic level, looking at acquisition program and a lead source is very helpful. We have been able to develop much better reporting for our executives and show them ROI from the Marketing team. From an operational standpoint, the organization is so much better than it has been in the past. It's easy to know where to pull data from and things can get done much quicker with templates.

Pros: Everything can be organized the way that works for our team. There are very few limits to the way we can set up programs and we are able to customize fields, analytics, etc to tell us whatever it is we need to know. We've used other systems (like HubSpot) and they are not nearly as flexible. I also LOVE the Marketo Community. We've learned a lot from our peers in different discussions.

Cons: Sometimes there are too many options and not enough guidance on best practices. Marketo has documentation on different products, but they don't tell me WHY I might want to use a specific feature, just how I would go about doing so.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/13
Peter D.
Marketing Automation and Technology Manager
Chemicals, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Marketo - Game Changing Marketing Automation"

Comments: We have been able to really advance or lead management and marketing automation capabilities, uncovering new ways of working and process improvements as a result of adopting this technology.

Pros: The platform is so robust if you can imagine an automated workflow it has seemed to be something that you can bring to life. We continuously are suprised to learn about its robust capabilities to automate so many tasks and workflows not only in Marketo but with Salesforce, which we have intergrated as well as outlook.

Cons: At times the system can take a while to load, especially if you are trying to pull down a large about of data at one time.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/21
Marketing Associate - Digital and Technical Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/25

"Great at automation, good community support, needs a better email and landing page builder"

Pros: For email automation, Marketo is a very robust platform. For creating engagement programs and smart campaigns, I have never had any limitations from Marketo. If it can't be done via the GUI, you can script it using Velocity. The Marketo community is very helpful and you can typically get answers for almost anything there.

Cons: The landing page and email builder needs to be better. I find myself spending a lot of time in html even when I use the packaged templates for emails. A true drag and drop email editor would make building emails much easier.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Strategic Marketing Operations Manager
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Does it all!"

Comments: Increased demand generation and marketing-driven pipe.

Pros: The interface is really easy to use. It also can accomplish A LOT - nurture, email, lead scoring, landing page and form creation, reporting. This is a great one-stop-shop when you're getting into marketing automation.

Cons: Our database made the program slow. Most of the time I felt like I was working faster than the application. Additionally, it's a REALLY powerful tool, which can be overlooked with the ease of use. Make sure that whoever is in the system has the correct permissions and is properly trained.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Heather C.
Heather C.
Associate Email Marketing Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/11

"Can't say enough good things!"

Comments: I got time back. This software made my job so much easier and I could spend more time focusing on other aspects of my role.

Pros: The easy of use. The platform is easy to navigate and you can send out beautiful emails whether you have no coding knowledge or you're a pro. With several templates to choose from there is certainly something for everyone. The community of users they have built is also quite impressive. Not only does customer support respond expectionally fast, but there is always someone in community to help with troubleshooting.

Cons: I wish it was easier to modify templates without the need to dive into the HTML. If there was a base of modules that you could select, drag and drop in, that would be truly amazing.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/11
Client Success Manager, Enterprise Integrations
Internet, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/08

"Easy to use marketing automation - not the most powerful"

Comments: It’s easy to use, and if you have pretty straightforward automation needs, it will get the job done.

Pros: Marketo is really easy to use. The basic structure of the system is quite easy to grasp because it’s simple. The UI is also very navigable which makes it quick and easy to make your way around the system.

Cons: I don’t feel that Marketo is the most powerful marketing automation system out there. If you need super granular targeting or advanced actions, this may not be the system for you.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/08
Jd N.
Marketing Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/20

"Easiest, most complete marketing automation platform I've used"

Pros: You can do almost anything you want. You can easily do the basics or you can build very intricate fine-tuned campaigns to support all your needs. Other platforms may be easier to do smaller things, but can't scale the way Marketo can. Content recommendation per unique user is changing the game of integrating with websites.

Cons: Reporting and analytics can sometimes be a bear -- but they've made strides to improve this already, and more to come.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/20
Sara J.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/28

"Marketo- streamline, automate, and align sales and marketing efforts with demand-generation"

Pros: Allows the seamless integration of sales and marketing processes from campaign strategy, creation of demand generated marketing campaigns, leads, and the entire sales process. It takes a more strategic approach to targeting prospects with better precision, overall internal organizational alignment, and integrated processes. It allows internal teams to collaborate more effectively, reduces time spent on more administrative task by automating the burdensome up-front tasks, and allows sales and marketing to focus on more strategic objectives - higher quality interactions with the customers, partners, etc. I can't imagine sales/marketing organizations today not leveraging demand-generation and the kinds of SaaS automation that Marketo offers.

Cons: Working with the solution in an existing organization and in demo for a start-up, we have never actually deployed it, so I can't speak to ease of integration. Not a con - just of note.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/28
Mercedes J.
Mercedes J.
Director, Demand Generation & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"Overall, my experience is good. I'd say that they have some upgrading to do"

Comments: We run all of our automated campaigns through Marketo, including social campaigns. As we expand our subscription scope, I am sure we will leverage more features to innovate our program.

Pros: I like the interface. Pretty self-explanatory, allowing novice users to find their way around without much help. The ease of smart campaigns and nurture tracking tools are great. The engagement rating on nurture campaigns allows my team to assess effectiveness of each touch and adjust accordingly.

Cons: Basic reporting is very basic. For the price, I would expect more detailed reporting and dashboards.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/25
Social Media Strategist
Religious Institutions, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/01

"Good for small and large businesses"

Comments: Great up against a lot of its competitors.

Pros: Marketo integrates with lots of other programs, and the options in automation are nearly endless, but you need someone who knows a lot about it to set it up. Also the customer support forums are very helpful, perhaps because of the sheer number of users. Good for small and large businesses.

Cons: Not the easiest to use, but can be integrated to be more simple than a lot of its competitors. Sometimes it can seem a little over-engineered. Lots of specific fields.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/01
Anupriya R.
Anupriya R.
Marketing Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/18

"Easy to learn and very efficient automation software"

Comments: Overall, apart from the HTML coding window issue (which is required very rarely), the whole system is very easy to use and helps you automate your marketing campaigns.

Pros: The software is easy to use. There is a tonne of documentation on how to use various features and the different project folders make it very comprehensive.

Cons: In the system, when creating emails, the window where you can edit the HTML code is hard to access.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/18
Email Automation Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/09

"If you can imagine it Marketo can do it!"

Pros: Marketo is the most robust platform I have used. You can literally accomplish anything you can think of. I like the engagement programs and streams. Cloning programs and emails are pretty straight forward. I love the database side of Marketo. It's very easy to locate and update user profiles. Listing imports are very fast and easy.

Cons: Although it can do anything, it's a steep learning curve to set anything up. They found the most complicated way of doing easy tasks. 1. No visual flow charts for automation
2. Have fun setting up the email preference and opt-out options. It's a nightmare.
3 The email builder is a complete joke. We ended up signing up with another email designer.
4. The Marketo training videos and tutorials are very high level. You'll find more helpful support in the forums.
5. Customer service is terrible. Have fun talking to someone on the other side of the world that knows less about the product than you. I can't count how many times they tell me something isn't possible only to figure it out later. Oh, and you have to pay for phone support.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/09
Senior Web Editor, Online Strategy and Communications
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/07

"Incredibly pleased with functionality and ease of use"

Pros: - Easy to use and visually pleasing software
- Multiple ways to do everything - from data reporting, pulling email addresses through smart lists, etc.
- Instant visualization of data on campaigns
- Easy A/B testing in the program
- Design Studio is straight forward
- Pre-made templates - Drop and go with Marketo template modules instead of having to build all from scratch

Cons: - Previously used Eloqua and preferred the visual format of creating email campaigns
- Revenue Explorer is often down - works in different browsers

• Reviewed on 2019/01/07
Dylan C.
Dylan C.
Marketing Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/05

"Great marketing automation software that can integrate with anything"

Comments: Able to create landing pages easily with forms that are trackable. Get leads directly from Marketo that link up with SFDC. The marketing automation aspect is easy and fun.

Pros: It's an incredibly robust system that is incredibly customizable. The ability to create landing pages that directly integrate with SFDC. The community of users for best practices.

Cons: The user interface is a bit clunky. With customization that is available, it is possible to get a bit lost in the hugeness that is Marketo. Lastly, there are no customizable reporting options which can make things hard.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/05
Christian M.
Specialist, Revenue Marketing Automation
Telecommunications
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/06

"The best Marketing Automation tool on the market"

Pros: All the Marketing Automation that you are use to see but really the best part are the reports that it shows, you can go as deeper as you want, and this is one of the most useful things, also did i mention that there's no software so you are able to check, build and report form any where.

Cons: The fact that the names with accents (from other languages like Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc.) are wrong on the system and its kind of hard to track them all once the lead was register. Some times it takes too long to load the dashboard

• Reviewed on 2015/11/06