Alchemer Reviews

4,5 (294) Write a Review!

About Alchemer

Alchemer puts feedback into the hands of those who can take action on it, by integrating feedback into the systems they use every day.

Learn more about Alchemer

Pros:

Very tech savvy and looks extremely professional for the end user. Even when you’re on your smart phone, this system is simple and clean.

Alchemer ratings

3,8

Alchemer has an overall rating of 4,5 out 5 stars based on 294 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Alchemer before?

Stace G.
Stace G.
Research Manager in UK
Market Research, 11-50 Employees

Great survey software

5,0 last month New

Pros:

We use this as our back up survey software or if we need to run a survey offline. I like the fact that you can customise almost every aspect of your survey and it has a huge range of question types and the inbuilt analysis and reporting tool is great as you can customise and then just share a link with the client

Cons:

It is quite expensive and although there is a free version it doesn't have many features. It would also be nice to have a better way of respondents logging in.

Virgil H.
Research and Evaluation Manager and Advisor in Hong Kong
Nonprofit Organization Management, 10 000+ Employees

The best web-based survey software for research ethics compliance

4,0 last year

Comments: Pretty good. We're pushing it's limits in our next survey design and trying to make something really visually interactive. So far our surveys have been pretty traditional for social research and everything has worked well. We will see if it's possible to make some more fun surveys on Alchemer or not.

Pros:

It's easy to use with all the modern features for all types of social surveys and the reports can do segmentation which saves a lot of offline data analysis work. A really important selling point for me was the company's privacy policy and how they make it easy to tailor their product to be used for research on sensitive topics. Uniquely, Alchemer makes it really easy to activate the "response encryption" function which is the only way to prevent the company or its survey administrators from accessing or using anonymized forms of your survey data for other purposes. Secondary use of customers survey data is an important part of most online survey software company's business. They also specifically describe the use of this function being important for research on sensitive topics like personal health. They also are more straightforward in their privacy policy language when it comes to use of the "anonymous" survey function, which blocks the collection of IP addresses of survey respondents which happens by default for all online survey software. Competitors like survey monkey offer this feature but do not have as strong of guarantees in the privacy policy that they will not collect the IP addresses for their own business uses. Similarly the response encryption feature is generally available from competitors but at a higher price point and in the case of Qualtrics only as a non-disclosed cost add on feature.

Cons:

It doesn't have the 100% smooth and premium feel that you'd expect. It's probably an 8/10 for design quality and has some quirks and occasional glitches. I've had issues with multi-language surveys and support for which Unicode/alphabet version for a language that the software supports, and separately problems with HTML script in the secondary language version of a survey being reset and erased spontaneously. Their customer support is really quick to respond on email however, and their help pages are really robust and easy to learn from.

Mal P.
Planner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Easy UI, Great simple analytics

4,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

There's no learning curve to creating a survey - UI is intuitive and for 90% of our company's survey needs the question type functionality and logic meet our needs. Very easy to pull reports - Alchemer autogenerates charts, graphs, and word clouds, and has built-in filter logic. Often, our reports can be directly pulled from Alchemer itself without additional analysis in excel.

Cons:

A lot of our survey needs are around spatial data, so we often need to pair alchemer with a mapping tool as there is no way to easily ask survey takers to provide spatial/map data. Adding images to question options is not very intuitive, and images need to be edited outside of Alchemer to make sure they display correctly.

John R.
President in US
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Lousy Customer Relations

3,0 2 years ago

Comments: In the end, very poor customer relations.

Pros:

Ease of use, better piping functionality.

Cons:

I spent several months building surveys with Survey Gizmo when I called to inquire about some coding assistance. After reviewing my surveys, I was advised by customer support as follows: Upon reviewing your K1 project with my team here, we noticed a lot of aspects that violate our Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, collecting certain personally identifiable information. The Acceptable Use Policy prohibits use of the SaaS to exchange federal or state identification information, passwords, social security numbers, banking, credit card, or any other financial information. Avoidance of our servers would not alleviate the prohibition to collect the information that the customer is requesting. I had paid my $1800 annual fee just a week prior. Since I was collecting passports information in the field of U.S. immigration, I used the next month to test whether I could transition to Qualtrics (a far superior platform, as things turned out). I then requested a pro rata refund of my annual subscription fee. I was advised that SurveyGizmo typically only gives refunds if requested within 30 days of paying the fee, but that I might nonetheless qualify for a refund because the platform was not able to deliver the services I required. After waiting over two weeks, I was advised that my request for a refund was denied. So, SurveyGizmo = limited service + poor business ethics + indifferent customer relations.

Julie O.
Associate Professor in US
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

An academic uses Alchemer

5,0 3 months ago

Comments: I am a non-business user of Alchemer. For my uses, I find Alchemer reasonably intuitive, with the exception of more sophisticated features (such as question branching and skip logic). Explanations of the more advanced features are explained well, however.

Pros:

Ease of use. Much more intuitive and reasonably priced than the behemoth that is Qualtrics. I am an academic user who pays out of pocket to use this so those factors matter a lot.

Cons:

I casn't think of any disadvantages of this software, given how I use it.

Owner in US
Market Research, Self Employed

Alchemer is highly functional and reasonably priced

5,0 7 months ago

Pros:

Alchemer is one of the few survey software platforms that can do Conjoint, heat maps, timed questions, video dial tests, and cross-tabs. The price point for the "full access" version is about 60% less than Decipher or Qualtrics.

Cons:

There are sometimes a couple of minor bugs. (E.g., on one study, my automated "thank you" notes to respondents worked for the first 10 or so completes, but after that, nobody was being sent a "thank you" message. Alchemer couldn't really explain how it happened, but I am at least thankful that subsequent studies have not encountered that problem again.)

Anna G.
BIA in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees

SurveyGizmo vs Qualtrics

5,0 2 years ago

Pros:

Super easy to use and navigate. Love the design features.

Cons:

Certain functionality is difficult like using translation and survey navigation features.

Erika M.
Director of Digital Product Development in US
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

Valuable software for customer surveys

5,0 10 months ago

Pros:

I love the survey builder, the ability to customize the surveys with look and feel, and the vast question library that helps make the surveys engaging. The logic that they provide (like the ability to skip a question if a customer answers "no" to a prior question, for example) is key and helps us weed out the people who are not best suited to help us answer the survey questions. I absolutely love this software.

Cons:

This is expensive for more than one person to use at the company. I really wish it were more affordable.

Emily H.
Market Research Specialist in US
Market Research, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Alchemer makes survey building quick and efficient!

4,0 2 months ago New

Comments: So far my overall experience has been very positive, especially because of the customer support!

Pros:

I like all of the features that are offered like the variety of question types and the ways to filter your data during the analysis portion of the process.

Cons:

Sometimes I run into technical issues or face glitches, but customer support is always available and they are very willing to help me sort out my problem.

Nalika J.
Software Tech/Appointment Setter in Jamaica
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Awesome Survey Software

5,0 last month New

Comments: This has made our work easier as a company and easy to use.

Pros:

This is easy to use and set up. It also goes great with integrating with other software.

Cons:

This has been a great software so far since using this software.

Bart M.
Founder in Belgium
Market Research, 2-10 Employees

The affordable market research platform with all the bells and whistles

4,0 last year

Comments: With Alchemer we are able to create professional - industry benchmarked surveys, get results easy and prepare data for analysis without going bankrupt. As we do not conduct surveys every day, Alchemer meets our needs equally well or even slightly better, yet at a way more affordable pricing point.

Pros:

Alchemer - back when we started still Surveygizmo - offered what many big names in the industry have on offer, yet with a more affordable pricing and an interface that is easy to understand. The main benefits in our opinion: - pricing is clear, well structured and fair. We do not have to use it every single day, as quantitative research is an occasional need. But at that time, it is important to get it right. - possibilities are on part with others: all typical questions one might want to ask, even the more advanced ones like max-diff or conjoint analysis are baked into the product. At a slightly higher fee, but nonetheless fair. - it blends in in our workflow: the solution is flexible, although you can use it to send emails, we use Mailchimp for mails but it is easy to have both communicate. Data is also automatically shared with another environment we use.

Cons:

The biggest disadvantage (at least at first, it has improved) is the limited bi-lingual functionality it offers. Translations are a good way to cope with this today, but it did not use to be as straightforward as it is today. Emails still do not offer that same flexibility concerning language handling, yet we have found it easy enough to sync up with Mailchimp so it does not really pose a problem.

Susanna R.
Consultanat in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

SurveyGizmo Review

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: We create so many surveys and put them onto Survey Gizmo over the last 6+ years. To easily download results into useful and standard formats makes research move quickly and without a hitch.

Pros:

The ability to set up the surveys in SurveyGizmo is very straightforward and logical. So easy, too. You do have to plan the survey well to ensure the questions are in a good order, etc, but that is with any software tool. The results delivered in multiple formats (.pdf and downloadable .csv) give the user tools to both view early results quickly and unidimensionally, and to manipulate the data actively.

Cons:

There are several steps required to ensure survey questions are correctly added, and the software knows how to treat each question. However, this set of steps is great for learning and causing one to think about the logic of the survey and potential results.

Designer/Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

I cannot recommend due to a poor CS experience.

4,0 4 years ago

Comments: I cannot in good conscience recommend this product. Yes it is cheaper than Qualtrics and nearly as capable... but our CS experience was lousy when the product broke. We were put on the backburner as our contract was not as lucrative for them.

Pros:

They are HIPAA compliant. They have skip logic and you can collect a lot of responses. The layout it clean, but not as clean as survey monkey. You do have the option to preview what it would look like on multiple devices.

Cons:

So I spent about 6 months working with them to figure out why our survey responses were not piping from SG to our Google Spreadsheets that they had advertised it could do, and was the primary reason for us rewarding them with our business. We spent 6 months back and forth and rarely could get the dev team interested in fixing the issue. It was never resolved and thus made the real time data collection and analytics advertisement frustrated. It was challenging to the point of needing to get the CEO of our company involved to get them to take action. Again, the issue was never resolved so we resorted to using Google Forms instead.

Emily S.
Database Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Powerful survey tool

5,0 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, we like the tool and it helps streamline our data intake process. We are able to provide online training and post-training quiz and eval, then send out certificate accordingly via Surveygizmo. Features like that are important to us. Wish they would not keep increasing your price though and turn some of the features you'd been using for years into a different price tier.

Pros:

We have been a client since 2013 and definitely watched SurveyGizmo grew significantly. New features are coming out from time to time and it is getting more and more powerful. It can be a great tool for all levels of users. There are simple easy to use features but there's also room available for advanced users to do custom scripts writing, etc to bring in more robotic and automatic survey flow. It also integrates really well with Salesforce and Google Sheets, etc.

Cons:

Pricing! All these years we've been with SurveyGizmo we've gone through a huge price hike. They have different tiers of pricing/user licenses. As I said, they come up with new features from time to time, but watch out, those can cost more.

Obada O.
Site Civil Engineer in Jordan
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Using the simplest and most affordable methods to design and conduct surveys

5,0 5 months ago

Comments: Alchemer has helped us as an engineering consultancy firm by collecting a lot of data from specialists, and also by completing customer satisfaction surveys. It was easy to send out questionnaires and collect results.

Pros:

Alchemer provides people, researchers, and institutions with integrated services that enable them create polls, send them out to target audiences, collect replies, and prepare results for study. Alchemer that automates all survey processes precisely and efficiently. Many of the features that I appreciate about Alchemer include: ease of use, pre-made templates, and the ability to produce surveys in minutes. Then he can send it to the target groups, collect replies, and extract the results to start the analytic processes. Alchemer's output is compatible with various statistical tools, making statistical work easier and less time consuming. Also, the subscription is simple and reasonable, and you can cancel and re-subscribe as needed.

Cons:

There is nothing undesirable with Alchemer, all the tools you need will be clear to you, all you have to do is enter the survey questions, and Alchemer will then complete the rest of the work and prepare the data to start the analysis processes.

Kelsey B.
Insights Manager in US

Trusty Program

5,0 4 months ago

Comments: Overall Alchemer is a trusted service in our company. It is vital to our day to day and hosts many of our surveys across the company. There are very few rollouts of new features, but that works for us to prevent relearning an existing service.

Pros:

I appreciate that this program stays the same-- I'm not averse to change, but it's just nice to know that something that is already reliable and easy to use stays that way and is not made overly difficult. The customizing of the questions and the actual survey works for me and my business.

Cons:

Customer service leaves something to be desired. I needed to purchase responses for a study and their team was super difficult to get ahold of. Next time, I'd likely outsource this service to another company and just use Alchemer to host the survey.

Dustin D.
Dustin D.
Information Technology Administrator in US
Research, 11-50 Employees

Fantastic Survey Tool

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: For many years we have been very happy with this product and the features it has. Unfortunately they are increasing the price to a point where we may have to switch. If it fits into your budget I would definitely recommend. 10/10.

Pros:

SurveyGizmo is my organization's main survey tool. We use it for our board of directors election, conference and webinar evaluations as well as consent forms for studies. The full suite of question types along with logic and piping make product a clear standout in the industry. I haven't seen any company that comes close to offering the options and capabilities that this tool does.

Cons:

Price - the price is rapidly increasing. Albeit they are continuing to offer new functionality along with that price. Customer Support - Although the customer support is very GOOD it is not quite what it used to be. As the company has expanded they have become more restrictive on the level and type of support they offer. 5 years ago we could call and instantly get help from very knowledgeable techs. Now you have to go through more steps and they try to do their support over chat as much as possible.

Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Web Coordinator in US
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Usually Does What I Need & Customer Service Is Great

4,0 4 years ago

Comments: This takes care of my form and survey needs so easily. There a lot of logic rules and generated actions you can create in your forms too. You have to see how easy it is.

Pros:

I haven't run into many things I can't do with SurveyGizmo that I need from my forms. There are a lot of question types, and you can make custom ones. The reports are great because most of the people I send the reports to need visuals, and SurveyGizmo does that so it's easier to understand the data. Of course it's up to you to provide insights about what that data means, but you have a great tool for gathering and reviewing the data in SurveyGizmo. Also, customer service is a team of rockstars. Very fun to troubleshoot with.

Cons:

If you update a style template/sheet, your current forms using that style are NOT automatically updated. Since my organization has hundreds of forms and surveys, this is problematic. If you are in the situation where you want to redesign your forms, definitely use the styles, but be prepared to go into all of your forms/surveys and reapply the style to it, and remember to save afterward. It's annoying but not the worst, and it shouldn't happen often if you work closely with your brand leaders to make sure the design will be solid for a while.

Phyliss T.
President & CEO in US
Printing, Self Employed

EXCEPTIONAL! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: It's an online service housed on the internet. There have been times where the program was unavailable and our clients had to retry access over a period of time. However SurveyGizmo technicians would quickly to resolve the issues.

Pros:

We offer a monthly newsletter where our customers click through the options to create their personal marketing piece. SurveyGizmo gives us the option of uploading rough draft pictures of the pages and options that make it extremely easy for our clients to choose their monthly options.

Cons:

It's a little pricey for a monthly software program, especially since we only use a small portion of the entire software. It would be great if they had a cheaper monthly service that fit our needs.

Katherine F.
Head of Sales in Venezuela
10 000+ Employees

Nice stadistics and explanation graphics.

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: SurveyGizmo is a very well done software, which provides excellent long-term benefits, such as raising a company, and improving the quality of each service. Empresarilamente SurveyGizmo has benefited me a lot, since I have been able to completely change the prices of my services and each of the characteristics in my work, for a good of the client.

Pros:

SurveyGizmo is very different from the other survey platforms, since this software has very good statistics of results at the end of each survey, this is the factor that complements it, every time a survey ends, the results are shown in graphs with its respective explanation.

Cons:

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, although this software is quite good and the functions it has, surpass any other platform, should not have such high prices, I would like more adapted and accessible prices .

Shawn H.
Shawn H.
Construction Area Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

I use it for quality reports, customers surveys and training

4,0 5 years ago

Pros:

If you want to collect data and have control over it this is a great product. I use it to survey customers and trades. I also use it for tracking quality by making up several quality surveys. The data from them has been incredible and easy to collect. Also found out that I can use it for training and add questions and get test results, pass or fail.

Cons:

The product used to be pretty affordable. Next year the prices are going up quite a bit but we still think it is worth it for the data we get from it.

Paula R.
Marketing Executive in US
10 000+ Employees

It does not allow to change the design to the survey.

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: Currently it benefits the survey area in my company because with every opinion we receive from this medium, we manage to improve our infrastructure day by day, and also, we achieve constant communication with customers.

Pros:

I like that SurveyGizmo has very good user support. Constantly some of my employees, have doubts, and when sending support, they can receive a response from them in a matter of minutes, it is something quite beneficial that improves long-term use.

Cons:

I do not like that SurveyGizmo does not allow editing the design of a survey to your liking, in this platform the "orange" design should be for all surveys, it is annoying that they do not give the client freedom to choose the design they want.

Jason W.
Sales Manager in Canada

Excellent software! Very user friendly. Solved all our problems!

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: Real time feedback and ease of organization of feedback/Lead reporting

Pros:

We have a large sales force and this program made obtaining results in real time extremely easy and user friendly. Fields were also customizable so achieving the results we required was effortless. Interface was easy to navigate!

Cons:

I really have not encountered any negatives with this program at all? it's done everything we have asked it to do. Perhaps the only area of possible improvement would be enhanced reporting of the numbers.

Founder/Creative Director in US

Greedy and unconscionable. Totally inflexible in servicing customers. Love to take the money.

1,0 4 years ago

Comments: Was able learn about some of the functions of a survey provider and how they can be used to create quizzes and surveys in creative ways.

Pros:

Some of their features at the time were only supported by them. This is changing very quickly. There are several other terrific providers in the marketplace who now support the features that were only available with SG.

Cons:

I had to pay them dollar's over the last 5+ years to host 2 surveys with extremely light traffic just as a storage because they were not forthcoming about their downgrade and storage policies. The features I needed - advanced quizzes and calculations - were only available on their platform. I asked them several times my options for downgrading to a lower plan because I was not using the platform but I did not want to loose my data and the work I had done. Their answers were extremely vague knowing full well that they were getting a free ride on the $/month I was paying just for storing a few MB of data. In the meantime, they changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me $/month. My old plan went on a "legacy plan" where I could not use many of the features like questions libraries. I have now switched to a provider who supports everything that SG does, does it 10 times better than them - both style and function - and does it at half the price.

Luisana A.
Marketing Manager in Venezuela
51-200 Employees

Entertainment and comfort, that's what SurveyGizmo represents.

5,0 4 years ago

Comments: I have benefited a lot from the use of SurveyGizmo, previously I had many problems because I was totally bored doing a survey, but since I implemented this software in my company, now doing a survey is much simpler and more entertaining.

Pros:

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is the interface, I've never really felt so comfortable doing a questionnaire, this platform has provided me with excellent comfort and attention so I can continue to conduct surveys on it.

Cons:

I do not like the prices of SurveGizmo, this factor does not really affect so much, and it's not that interesting, but I would like the rates stipulated in the SurveyGizmo plans to be more accessible to a public with low prices.