• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,1 /5
    4,2 /5

About Workday HCM

Workday HCM is a single, cloud based solution for workforce planning, analysis and execution.

Learn more about Workday HCM

Vera B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"Very good timesheet system"

Comments: Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

Pros: I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

Cons: The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/30
Morgan W.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Human Resources, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/19

"Workday for Recruitment"

Comments: Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

Pros: Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

Cons: Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/19
Nathaniel G.
Instructor Evaluator
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/04

"Best Way for Employees to Track Themselves"

Comments: I loved using Workday as an employee to manage all my compensation and benefits. I always knew where I stood in terms of pay and leave long before I ever had to talk to supervisor about them.

Pros: Workday provides a great array of features for every employee in an organization from tracking their time to managing their benefits like leave. It also is useful to keep track of pay as well as money being taken out for insurance and taxes.

Cons: There was a lack of training features in the software that would have made it almost perfect for every part of employee experience.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/04
Recruitment Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/18

"Half-Baked Cake"

Comments: I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Pros: The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Cons: The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/18
RPA Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/20

"New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits"

Comments: MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pros: You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect. I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Cons: My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/20
HR Director
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/11

"Money pit - a software company that charges you for regular updates to their software"

Comments: Everything you do with Workday costs money. Forget the annual licence cost, that's only part of it - every time you send an email or phone support you are on the clock. Twice a year when the software gets updated you are required to pay consulting fees to Workday or one of their service partners to test that the update actually works at your end. Most new features and enhancements are not provided for free as part of these updates, so you have to purchase them. Third party applications that supposedly integrate with Workday only do so after you pay thousands of dollars for Workday to set that up for you. Hidden costs everywhere - you need to budget for 25-50% per annum in service and other costs on top of your annual licence fee. Be warned - it is a unique business model in the software world.

Pros: The workflows are really good, particularly for recruitment and performance management

Cons: The interface is unusual from a UX perspective, and everything is very rigid. Workday offers little flexibility or user customisation, unless you are happy to spend a fortune with one of their service partners. Their expensive user training courses are absolutely appalling for adult learners - 4 days in a classroom flicking through a 500 page bound workbook, anyone?

• Reviewed on 2020/09/11
Shaun P.
Entrepreneur
Fund-Raising, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/23

"Workday will make your day go more than okay!"

Comments: Workday I am so glad it is becoming a lot more common in the industry and I love the convenience that the product provides to the consumer. It expedites the process of applying to positions on a lot of major corporations' websites.

Pros: I love the fact that you can upload your file onto their platform and everything is already prefilled in for you with great accuracy. Yes, other sites do offer that same kind of service but I do notice when applying the file onto the form to prefill, most other sites aren't as good in entering data in the correct fields. The interface is easy to use as well and does not take a long time to load.

Cons: The only thing that I don't like about the product is the fact that depending on the carrier using the product, your account may or may not be saved. Which is no big deal, you just create another account for each consumer's page you are visiting and wish to register on.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/23
Sean B.
FP&A Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/02

"Workday Review"

Comments: Very useful tool in regards to managing employee information and hierarchy. On the surface, it is a very easy tool to manage. However, as you get deeper into the functionality, it becomes overly complicated.

Pros: The interface is very user friendly in regards to time cards, benefits, and important documentation.

Cons: The reporting functionality is incredibly complicated. Building/setting-up reports takes a ton of time and trail & error.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/02
David B.
Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Biotechnology, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"Great to underpin scale in talent needs"

Comments: Attraction and retention of talent. Ensuring in-country language capability and experiences.

Pros: Underpins end to end processes, drives consistency and has a long path of innovation ahead to improve.

Cons: Some logic and workflow could have some improvement to make it more consumer-grade. The recruiting model is getting easier but needs some more work.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Jacob M.
Manufacturing Engineer
Airlines/Aviation, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/16

"Wonderful. This software is an industry-leading powerhouse!"

Comments: I am able to get into contact with my managers in seconds with this software. Also, I am able to finally put away my tacky spreadsheet and download this software for a smoother payroll experience. I am able to not worry about my Payroll anymore!

Pros: I do not think there is a better payroll software out there. Workday Payroll software allows users of all levels of business to submit time sheets in a matter of seconds. No more physical punch cards or tacky spreadsheets. I love the fact that I can have this software as an application on my phone! I can literally correct mistakes, find manager information, or contact Workday Payroll right from my phone!

Cons: I wish that when submitting my time sheet, the software would send a notification straight to said manager instead of via email. Often I am left having to track down my manager and notify him or her of my current situation with my time sheet.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/16
Leo W.
Integrated Marketing Specialist
Broadcast Media, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/30

"Onboarding was a Snap!"

Comments: Overall Workday is a nearly seamless package that expediates onboarding and showed in significant detail, all the benefits that were offered to me, which ones I could enroll in, the related expenses for each one, and held my hand through the complete process to ensure that all the I's were crossed and all the T's were dotted!

Pros: I enjoyed the process of using Workday to get onboarded when I started my position. Everything from payroll, to emergency contacts, to health insurance, to life insurance, disability, and work history goes into this thing. Probably more. It made is super simple to read through all the required legal documentation, fill out all necessary payroll documentation, tax documentation, my dependents, everything. All the while showing a progress bar monitoring my progress. I'm sure it makes it super simple for the HR department as well.

Cons: It was a little daunting to spend hours working with it to input all the necessary data. At times I was wishing it was being handled manually. There were a few glitches along the way that prevented me from going through the full process the first time, but in the end it all worked out.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/30
Kay C.
Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition
Oil & Energy, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/21

"Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind"

Comments: integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Pros: Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive
Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Cons: Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step
Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval
Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters).
Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it)
Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws.
There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market.
You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it.
Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/21
Payroll Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/01

"Robust, expensive, do-it-yourself software"

Pros: Workday offers a very robust program where you can customize your modules to fit your company's needs.

Cons: From a payroll perspective, I don't like that you are essentially 'on your own' without an account manager.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/01
Adam F.
Director of Multimedia Technology
Entertainment, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Mainstream product, but a lot of work to get there."

Comments: It provides the basics in a stable platform, but it's still very basic due to our need to control costs and not customize it for our needs as much.

Pros: Offered as a SaaS solution for our needs. This off-loaded much of the management aspects from our internal IT team for focusing on other business initiatives.

Cons: Every little aspect appears to have an "add-on" price in order to make it work better for users. There are ways to use additional features, but it requires users to "search" for various reports and processes rather than being able to select from the main menu of options. Not very user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Socrates M.
Account Manager
Banking, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/28

"not familiar with the costs or competing services but this application was a pleasure to use"

Comments: Whenever the software wasn't working, I'd reach out to the company IT dept and they'd contact workday to resolve tech issues so I am not 100% sure how their customer support is but the software itself is great when it's working properly.

Pros: It has a very clean interface. Structured very well and has components for all sorts of HR needs, from viewing pay stubs, to leaving end of year reviews for managers to read over. Benefits like health and dental were available on this and easy to access as well, which is nice as an employee because it saves you the trouble of having to ask around for it. Getting your end-of-year tax forms from it was also easy, as everything is very organized.

Cons: When the software would act up, it wasn't easy to get a quick fix. Also, when leaving a review or some sort of task for upper management, the process in which you'd have to follow wasn't easy to follow. The save tab on pages wouldn't respond at times, which would prevent you from progressing on these work tasks when they're presented by management.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/28
Whitney S.
Email Marketing Coordinator
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"App is Great!"

Pros: I love love love the WorkDay app. I use it to clock in and out everyday, as well as submit my weekly time card. It is easy and clear to use. Being able to look up my payslips by date, download and export them is especially helpful. It's also super easy to request and track your time off and sick time.

Cons: There are certain things that are only available to managers. For example, if time has already been submitted, you as an employee can not go in and adjust that time. This is especially frustrating when you just need to correct a simple mistake (you entered check in time as "PM" rather than "AM").

• Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Stephanie S.
Office Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/22

"Use this everyday!"

Pros: We use Workday in many different ways. We can track our PTO and request days off in this program, we also can view Org Charts and put faces to names. I can see who works for who and under what department on a chart that they provide which is an amazing tool. We also use Workday for promotions and to send documents through. It is great.

Cons: Nothing that comes to mind at this time.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/22
Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Great tool for personnel management"

Comments: It has increased productivity and has helped the company to mainstream many processes.

Pros: It is user friendly and it has many options that allow to mainstream many processes inside a company. From Recruitment to management of time and payment, this software is a must in every company.

Cons: It may take some time to deploy all features, as it has too many things one can do with this tool and many departments.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Tracey W.
Employment Manager
Consumer Goods, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/08

"So glad my company switched to this, it makes everything so much easier!"

Comments: More ease in hiring employees and giving them access to their information. We will be using the Recruiting platform soon which will make hiring even easier since it goes our applicant tracking for us.

Pros: Once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to use. Love that it gives employees 24/7 access to any HR/Payroll issues.

Cons: Takes a little getting used to, especially for those not computer-savvy. It could better point someone to the right area when they've made an error.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/08
German D.
Video Producer
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/06

"The most intuitive and organized work expense method that I have used."

Comments: Workday is an intuitive and reliable software. I use it most for my expenses and it helps me report and keep financial expenses organized so I can get reimbursed in a timely and efficient manner. I know my management team loves it definitely makes the payroll department's lives much easier!

Pros: I've worked at a couple of large tech companies, and expensing things was always a hassle. At my newest job, I have to travel to some of our different locations for training, and I use workday for my expenses. I can easily upload my expenses, and have it approved by a manager, and get compensated very quickly. I love that Workday is available as an app on my phone as well, this makes it really convenient for me to always stay up to date, and log my expenses wherever I go. Expenses are only one of the features of workday I use, and this is a software that is very expansive . They also have 24 hour support, so they're really good at getting back to you if you need help.

Cons: I wish I had the ability to customize the layout of the interface. There are certain features I use more than others and I wish I could choose to remove things I don't use.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/06
Sara Y.
Accounting Manager
Insurance, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/23

"Good system, could use some tweaking to make features better"

Pros: Applicant tracking system was easy to use when hiring employees. Overall, most of the system is easy to use and get the information I am looking for.

Cons: Before I had the manager profile, I could not see my own annual compensation amount as an employee. Now I can see it in the manager profile, but it would be helpful for employees who want to see their annual salary, especially when raises go through.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/23
Jenna M.
Communications Manager
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/30

"The User Interface is Best in Class"

Comments: While adding to the implementation cost, I would recommend hiring a consultant to learn the tools and functionality.

Pros: Compared to other software for human resources, Workday has to be the best. It's so easy to navigate and the visuals (graphs, charts, etc) are wonderful.

Cons: At the beginning, the implementation and learning of the system can be a bit overwhelming. The software has a lot of features and tools that for the average end-user will require some time to learn and potentially even some training. There's definitely a learning curve.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/30
Brand Protection Analyst
Internet, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/03

"Workday - Great for performance reviews and goal setting!"

Comments: Immediacy for feedback among employees and employers. Great for goal setting and meeting compensation planning. You can create time specific goals with tons of space for descriptions and comments. We would be lost without Workday.

Pros: Workday is incredibly easy to use - we use it frequently on my work team where we can set yearly goals to meet our annual compensation planning targets. You can set it up for your management team to receive notifications when goals are edited and completed, which makes discussions and comments immediate for feedback.

Cons: It's interface is a little clunky at times and when you edit goals you have to be careful to make sure the right one is selected, because sometimes it will change to another one if you change screens.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/03