Finally getting away from PDFs

Reviewed on 2019/03/19
Project Manager - Business Intelligence and Campaigns
Philanthropy, 1 001-5 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The best part of about Workday Performance Management is the ability to get away from manual processes. Previously at our company, we had to write our self-evaluations in a PDF document that was submitted to our managers. Then the manager could choose to write something completely different or utilize what was already written by the employee. Ultimately, the manual process left out information. With Workday Performance Management, everything is included. The self-evaluation is maintained within the performance review, as is the manager's review. That way anyone can compare and contrast what the manager had to say vs. what the employee had to say about themselves. All of this can be custom created per company so that an organization can keep whatever fields work best for them. It also can maintain goals, as well as milestones throughout the course of the year so that employees aren't just touching their reviews once a year, but actually working on them throughout the entire year. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all that I have accomplished at the end of the year, unless I have written it down in a Word doc. But now you can add things to your review as it happens and then do one final edit at the end of the year.

Cons: The biggest con for me is the lack of stating what can be improved. This could be a customized field that my organization failed to incorporate. If that's true, then maybe the improvement could come from WorkDay itself on best practices. But every employee wants to shine a light on all the good they did throughout the course of the year. It is just as important for each employee to shine a light on the things they could do better, or improve upon for the next year. Another con for our organization was the length of time it took to implement WorkDay within our systems. It was far from an easy task that took thousands of man-hours to implement. However, now that it is implemented and people are using it, it seems to have been worth the effort.

‘A platform for employees to speak-up’

Reviewed on 2019/04/16
Managing Director
Human Resources, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: comparatively, ‘workday’ is an efficient, effective and affordable system for an above average organization.

Pros: Many companies lose their talented employees due to failures by the top management to recognize the contributions made by certain employees for the growth of the organization, which goes unnoticed by the hierarchy which creates a negative opinion towards the management by those employees. HCM tool makes a positive impact as a go-between the employee and management and WORKDAY has made substantial developments with this regard. ‘Workday’ HCM has given the employees all the freedom to put on record their contributions/ achievements, goals, training requirements, etc which has almost totally brought to halt human ignorance/negligence of appraisers during evaluations and give due recognition to each employee according to the employee value to the company. ‘Workday’ has many features that help both the management and employees to know each other better and make justifiable decisions. With an advanced HCM such as ‘workday’, it is not only the HR head, but the whole top management is aware of the positives and negatives of the members of the organization which strengthens the transparency of the decision makers. With ‘workday’, the management doesn’t need to wait till the due period for performance appraisals, but identify ‘real-time’ the value of certain talents and apply sensible decisions to recognize such employees. ‘workday’ comes with an attractive UI which is a pleasing plus point. Additionally, it supports multiple devices which are useful on the go.

Cons: so many beneficial features are incorporated in the system that it takes a fairly big effort to familiarize. As this is a HR centered software with access to each member, we find difficulties in getting the full potential due to cultural diversities by way of language barriers (non-English speakers).

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

Reviewed on 2019/08/20
RPA Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pros: You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect. I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Cons: My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

Reviewed on 2017/08/03
Ben J.
Developer
1 001-5 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

Pros: -Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use.
-Lots of options for integration with third parties
-Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS).
-Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

Cons: -Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted
-The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at all on the site.
-Certain functionality and community information is only provided to "Workday Implementation partners" which makes it nearly impossible to implement in-house without paying to outsource some of the work to a workday partner.
-Workday doesn't seem to have been built with performance in mind. Even with server side paging, reports and integrations are very slow.
-Lots of "hidden features." This would normally be a bonus but more advanced tasks require the user to know exactly what to search for from the application's search feature. Most of the functionality of workday is hidden in search results and isn't intuitively exposed in the UI.

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Reviewed on 2019/06/03
Ryan D.
(Former) Head of Comp Team
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: 1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc.
2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc.
3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Cons: 1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools.
2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity.
3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

Workday makes it very easy to choose which benefits work best for your family and your needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24
Jennifer A.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 1 001-5 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I feel like worday is a great program to use. Especially if you have a large business and you want to deliver a wealth of information to all of your employees at their convenience vs. a time you want to select. The platform can also allow for users to access it from their own home PC's so they can truly do what they need to on their own time. As an employee, I felt like that was a great feature.

Pros: I used workday benefits for over 7 years with a property management company that I worked for. Each year we would log into workday to view the current benefits available and choose which benefits worked best for our needs and our families, if any. IT was super easy to use. They would show you on workday side by side what benefits provided which coverages, and at what costs. You could even use a comparison to see which benefits were going to work best. It also showed all the different types of benefits the company offered such as medical, dental, 401k, LTD, STD, vision and what not. It was very clear what you were selecting and you had to double and triple confirm which benefits you selected. Also, once open enrollment was closed, there was a way, where if you had a qualifying life event, you could change your benefits. It was a very easy, straight forward program for us to use.

Cons: Sometimes while using the software, it would "hiccup" when switching between coverages and I would have to re log in and get to where I was. It was truly a mild issue which wasn't frustrating. This also my have had a LOT to do with the internet I was using and not the actual program itself...

Powerful Interface Human Resources System

Reviewed on 2018/10/21
Human Resources Specialist
Banking, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Workday Recruiting has taken our HR needs to the next level. Where can you you find a software that has the combination not just for your HR needs but for finance and planning as well. Each time I have board meetings at the bank, I feel secured that I can extract all the information I need from this software. It didn’t just keep my work organized, but also gave me the ability to track data ranging from time sheets to expenses which is what I basically needed. I’m so glad we invested in this software which has lightened my workload in half.

Cons: My only pet peeve with this software is when you encounter an error while posting a job opening, you’ll need to redo the whole thing again. Unless I am missing something, there is no option to resubmit, but it makes you start the entire process all over again.

I use workday as a end user

Reviewed on 2018/08/05
Software Development Analyst
Computer Software, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it is awesome.

Pros: I use workday as a end user in my orgination.In workday what i like most is helps to maintain transparency between management and lower employee.In workday any employee can see full hierarchy of his/her organization so their is no hide and seek between management and employee.Employee can see his all year performance,his role in organization detail ,his profile,training,skill everything in one single place.and for company also it is easy to track each single employee detail like performance,skills,work history.

Cons: I dont find any thing which I dont like in workday as it make transparency in organization so I will suggest to organization to use workday so it increase employee's trust on organization which is very necessary for any organization.

Workday HCM - a very logical system with lots of steps!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09
Tom G.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Insurance, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a good, all-in-one system for organizations that wish to use just the one system.

Pros: - A good dashboard that makes it easier for the user to navigate around
- Looks sleek and simple layout
- Has a decent recruiter dashboard if you're using this as an Applicant Tracking System
- A good one-stop shop for logging holidays, expenses, illness, development plans

Cons: - The system can feel 'clunky,' at times and there is a latency when you're trying to do free-hand search in the search toolbars
- The Recruiter platform doesn't allow you to build talent pipelines as easy as competitor systems
- Reporting for a user can be limited

Easy access for all

Reviewed on 2019/03/23
Lexie K.
Student Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 1 001-5 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: There couldn't be any easier to use software for the simple task of keeping track of honest work hours in the workplace. It's one more thing to help take stress off your mind and be able to focus on your actual work you came in for.

Pros: As an employee to clock in and out, you really are just looking for ease of access. That is what Workday provided for us. Simple access and capabilities on our phone or desktop and easy to check and approve time cards to keep track of work hours. Easy to see reminders when you forgot to clock in or out and easy to fix when the mistake is made.

Cons: In my time using it, nothing has ever gone wrong or confused me to the point where it wasn't an easy fix. For my job and the purpose we needed from Workday, there was never a con to using it.

Very good timesheet system

Reviewed on 2018/03/30
Vera B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

Pros: I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

Cons: The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018/08/29
GBS Data Strategist
Automotive, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: its great experience so far, once you get the idea of the google like experience when using the tool its super simple to use. its a game changer in our organization in the most positive way

Pros: workday platform overall its one of the best tools available in the market these days, it allows you to configure your environment in the tool to adapt it to your business needs, what I like the most is the capabilities to filter information from candidates and allows you to create a pool of candidates that can be slice and diced according to your needs in your organization, the reporting modules are self service oriented, so you can easily create your reports and kpi to track the effectiveness of your recruiters, there is no single piece of data that this tool is not tracking about your candidates, if you feed it properly and configure it according to your needs it will help you and increase your productivity amazingly.

Cons: Workday costs are high, is not suitable for a small company, the cloud technology they offer os great but it comes with a cost.

Workday Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/02
Sean B.
FP&A Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very useful tool in regards to managing employee information and hierarchy. On the surface, it is a very easy tool to manage. However, as you get deeper into the functionality, it becomes overly complicated.

Pros: The interface is very user friendly in regards to time cards, benefits, and important documentation.

Cons: The reporting functionality is incredibly complicated. Building/setting-up reports takes a ton of time and trail & error.

Wonderful. This software is an industry-leading powerhouse!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16
Jacob M.
Manufacturing Engineer
Airlines/Aviation, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am able to get into contact with my managers in seconds with this software. Also, I am able to finally put away my tacky spreadsheet and download this software for a smoother payroll experience. I am able to not worry about my Payroll anymore!

Pros: I do not think there is a better payroll software out there. Workday Payroll software allows users of all levels of business to submit time sheets in a matter of seconds. No more physical punch cards or tacky spreadsheets. I love the fact that I can have this software as an application on my phone! I can literally correct mistakes, find manager information, or contact Workday Payroll right from my phone!

Cons: I wish that when submitting my time sheet, the software would send a notification straight to said manager instead of via email. Often I am left having to track down my manager and notify him or her of my current situation with my time sheet.

Excellent product to use for HCM, if the appropriate support model is in place for your organization.

Reviewed on 2017/03/05
Kerry G.
Workday
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Inadequate training, lack of internal SME resources, and an absence of a true guided vision/direction by leadership will result in an expensive and poorly received system. As such, an organization will be reliant on implementation partners or independents as consultants, supporting or re-implementing a failed system, which will be even more expensive.

Pros: Workday is leading edge technology and highly configurable.The UI is best in class. Integrations with most 3rd party systems are easy to configure and the delivered packaged integrations are superb.

Cons: An organization needs to ensure proper internal support for the system to function smoothly. Training and user adoption/communication is also key for acceptance. An organization must have the SME talent in-house to be successful.

Great to underpin scale in talent needs

Reviewed on 2019/11/19
David B.
Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Biotechnology, 5 001-10 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Attraction and retention of talent. Ensuring in-country language capability and experiences.

Pros: Underpins end to end processes, drives consistency and has a long path of innovation ahead to improve.

Cons: Some logic and workflow could have some improvement to make it more consumer-grade. The recruiting model is getting easier but needs some more work.

Workday Payroll

Reviewed on 2019/04/17
Phlebotomist/ lab tech
Medical Practice, 5 001-10 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can access everything job related in one place. I use it everyday and I never have to ask anyone for help, because it's so easy to navigate.

Pros: All of the links are big clean icons which are organized in a way that makes it super easy to find what your looking for. We keep a lot of information in this software, so I can go back and see my hiring interview and resume that I used to apply for my job. I can also find my paychecks and w2s. I can choose how and when I get paid; for instance I can choose how often I want a percentage of one of my checks to go to another bank account. I like being able to do this stuff myself instead of calling around to find the right department and bug them to do it for me.

Cons: For some reason we don't use it as our time clock, I don't know if that's an option for anyone, but it feels like it would be a better fit than the time clock system we currently use. Plus, with all of my other job information already there, it seems like it would be a natural fit.

Workday for working people

Reviewed on 2018/12/21
Jacob S.
Owner - Co-Founder
Events Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Best service out there. Would recommend.

Pros: There is an ease of use for total HR solution. Payroll management, time registry, Health and dental and overall benefit elections for insurance, chain of command. The software has it all in one place. The benefits portion allows direct selection of medical, dental, eye, and life insurance. Great selection overall.

Cons: Sometimes it feels like a one way in and one way out method can be confusing to navigate within. It is hard to know if entry’s are accurate. Overall the system includes everything’s from questions with written entry options to multiple choice bubble selections and all of the positives outweigh the quirks.

My Workday

Reviewed on 2018/11/08
Cynthia R.
Customer Service Representative
Information Services, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Use it in business

Pros: Workday is one of the few software products that I use everyday and have no issues with or complaints. It is a good software that does what it says and your expectations are met. My company uses Workday Payroll to manage and track payroll for employees. It is accurate, functional and the interface is easy to use. The overall look is clean and easy to read and understand and yet it has a complexity that enables a wealth of data to be entered.

Cons: No cons for this product. Perhaps the only critique I could give as a con is the integration with ADP could be a bit easier. I tend to click on several links to get into the payroll system which is a little annoying when it opens three more windows and I already have eight or nine opened. However that is minor in comparison to the benefits.

Navigation is a bit cumbersome

Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Principal IT Project Lead/IT Developer
Medical Devices, 10 001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It would be good to have the UI redesigned to be more intuitive and perhaps function like a OS-native application (e.g. Windows, Mac, etc.) The current web-based interface is a little unwieldy.

Pros: Workday has a fairly robust set of functionalities, like the previous tool we used, and is improving with each upgrade, but I think there are several nuances that could be beefed up.

Cons: The location of the buttons is awkward, and the navigation is not very intuitive. For example, when doing a performance evaluation, the navigation - though it is customized for my company - leaves a lot to be desired.

Workday is the perfect platform for our organization.

Reviewed on 2018/10/03
Andrew Z.
Content Development
Computer Software, 5 001-10 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: An excellent platform for tracking employees and developing a globally manageable company structure.

Pros: The reports we need to run and easy and quick, and the supported hierarchies allow for easy tracking and global workforce management. Our key LMS and CRM softwares integrate flawlessly, allowing for pinpoint reporting and actual time data capture. The graphics and user experience are excellent.

Cons: It can be slow and difficult when accessing from phones/tablets. Our field service techs and sales reps often report issues when working abroad. This may have more to do with their connection/service issues, however it is still a headache I thought worth mentioning.

Half-Baked Cake

Reviewed on 2019/03/18
Recruitment Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Pros: The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Cons: The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

Makes your workday a little better

Reviewed on 2019/10/06
Robert K.
Producer, Media Production Group
Media Production, 5 001-10 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Workday is an all in one solution which makes taking care of everything for work easy. My company just started to allow expense reports to be done from workday, which makes it so much easier to track my expenses and make sure I get paid back quickly.

Pros: It's nice to have all of my HR needs in one software solution. With Workday I can see everything that my company's HR has to offer. I can check my paystub, make changes to my benefits, read & sign off on the company handbook & many other activities. I like how I can quickly see the organization chart and know where I fall in line with the company & my manager and how the ladder is set up.

Cons: I like the computer/desktop version very much but I wish the moblie version would have all the same features too. I don't like how I can't review my paystub from mobile.

Workday Software allows our IT department to focus less attention on maintaining rudimentary systems while saving our team time and cost

Reviewed on 2018/12/27
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Workday provides our team with an invaluable tool for planning and coordinating our HR and finance departments. This coordination is not limited to budget forecasts or to further analytical use cases such as invoicing and procurement.

Pros: Workday's feature set specification is deep and thorough . The "cloud connect" option affords third party payroll communication as well as data
transaction in an effective format. Workday reconciles finance records and interactions. This is an automated feature which simultaneously
benefits our HR and IT departments through reducing the amount of work hours consumed during assessment and certification processes.

Cons: We did notice certain use case scenarios not captured in the software relative to our case management expectation. We suspect this is a application maturity
issue and this will be resolved by Workday''s team in short order. We would like a more navigable user interface via their associated mobile app version.

All in one software for your HR and scheduling needs

Reviewed on 2018/12/24
Leo M.
Customer Service Representative
Management Consulting, 5 001-10 000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall quality of this software is awesome. The downside is the scheduled maintenance can somewhat go for an hour or even a whole day.

Pros: I have been in two companies and have been using this software for 6 years now. It is very easy to use and since it's web based, I can access it even out of the office. Scheduling discrepancies can be easily detected and fixed in a timely manner. Requests can be easily made with just once click of a button. Support is also good. Errors and bugs can be easily fixed in no time.

Cons: Scheduled maintenance can somehow be a nuisances especially when you have to change something on your schedule.