Filter by:

• Overall

About LiveChat

Premium Live Chat and Help Desk Software used by 30,000 businesses. Try LiveChat and turn your team into customer service rockstars!

Learn more about LiveChat

Showing 1 126 reviews

Artur N.
Marketing Specialist
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/12

"The most convenient tool for instant messaging on page"

Comments: The best tool for handling instant communication with the client.

Pros: The two biggest advantages of LiveChat, distinguishing it from the competition, are: integration with a Facebook messenger and a plugin integrating with Google Analytics.

Cons: In fact LiveChat no defects, meets all, copes well with all tasks.

• Reviewed on 2021/09/12
Annabel D.
Annabel D.
Digital Marketing Executive
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/17

"Good value but lacks some key functionality and integration"

Comments: Livechat gives us the ability to engage more directly with visitors to our site. It has certain functional limitation which my team find frustrating, however for the price that we pay, it is still good value.

Pros: Livechat has provided a really useful platform for us to get started with livechat provision on our site. The chat interface itself is easy for agents to use. It is also inexpensive compared with other similar platforms.

Cons: There are some important features missing or lacking. Spell check within the livechat itself is crucial for agents to ensure we are always putting our 'best foot forward', while trying to respond quickly to visitors. The automated greetings are great but lack the ability to set logic within the conditions, meaning I don't have quite the level of control I would like over the greetings.
The CRM integration has also been difficult to implement, and hasn't worked well for all our agents. Which has caused some issues with manual data entry and some lost data. This integration is crucial to our workflow.
The customer service has, overtime, become much more automated and it has therefore taken me longer and been more frustrating to get solutions to issue that I have come up against. While the platform itself has improved in functionality through the time i've been using it, I find the customer support has become less helpful and personal.

by LiveChat Software on 2018/12/18

Hi Annabel,

Thank you for your feedback, we do our best to create the best live chat experience for our customers and to constantly improve our product.

If you don't mind, our Customer Success Team will be in touch to collect a few more information regarding some of the issues you experienced.

LiveChat Team

• Reviewed on 2018/12/17
Alexandre C.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/19

"Perfect tool for Tupiniquim Hostel's Live Support"

Comments: We use LiveChat as a reservation / general information channel for our hostel. Because of this we're able to provide a more humane support and convert these people into actual reservations. Before using LiveChat we tried like 3-4 different tools which weren't (not even by a long shot) as reliable and effective as LiveChat is. My partner did not want to sign up for LiveChat because it was like 300 % more expensive than the ones that we've being using but the cost/benefit is totally worth it. We've had an increase of 400-500 % of actual reservations because of this tool.

Pros: It's packed with powerful features, details about customers that let us deal with them in a better way. The integration with Facebook Messenger is pretty cool (even though it should allow us to click on the person and be taken to his profile). Archiving, tagging and searching couldn't be simpler. Super powerful features for international sites (we use 6 translations). There is no software like this on the market.

Cons: My only complain is that there is no tool for a supervisor or sysadmin to check LiveChat without being logged as a user. There was a plan to do that (I even replied the form) but apparently they shelved. Ohh, and that the app (for iOS) just deals with chats, not with tickets. I use heavily both features.

by LiveChat Software on 2018/12/06

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day!

If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users:

LiveChat team

• Reviewed on 2018/11/19
Paul D.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Perfect Way to Instantly Talk to Your Customers"

Comments: LiveChat is a great way to help customers in realtime making you very accesible to customers helping to grow your business and client base. Definitely a great tool for any small business.

Pros: Having looked at many Chat programs we found the best was LiveChat. You don't have to be at your computer all day waiting to see if a chat is coming in because with LiveChat you can download the app and chat with your customers on the go. Utilizing and setting up the chat is very simple and easy to use. You can do it yourself if you have some knowledge of setting up your website or you can have your webhost do it for you by simply dropping in a simple code. You will be up and running in minutes. You can customize your logo if you wish and it is easy to communicate. Adds the touch of helping customers out if they need direction or information.

Cons: There are a couple of cons that we have run into with LiveChat. Recently this problem has been better but from time to time you will not get instant notification if you are relying on the app to use for chatting. The only downside is if the delay is too long you may miss the opportunity to chat with the customer. The other issue we have seen is that the customer can leave a message but you don't really get notification all the time if a message was left so you are on your own to make sure to check for a message.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Osagumwenro progress A.
Osagumwenro progress A.
Management Trainee
Government Relations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/06

"An Ode to LiveChat"

Comments: It solves the problem of losing customers to lack of guidance, and then it has helped us gain some repute as a customer centric organisation

Pros: Live chat is a basic, essential, and effective tool for customer relationship management and sales. Having this software integrated into our website has significantly impacted our reputation and bottom-lines. We virtually stalk (lol) clients activity on our website and give the relevant nudge to make a buy, or give the necessary assistance in times of need.
Great news is that it does not require massive learning time. Communicating with clients feels like chatting with a pal.
Another thing I like about livechat is the integration with facebook. Our clients are on our facebook page most times, having to meet their needs without having them visit our website is a very big one. The integration with mail chimp solves a lot of our email marketing issues as well.
One is able to fully customize livechat and set design preferences
Analytics: The integration with google analytics coupled with its native analysis functions helps us know what our visitors are doing on the website per time.
As a support staff to my boss, livechat enables me get reports of number of chats, time spent with a customer, or response time, and then, evaluate how to improve the service
We are able to Pre record responses to certain questions. This saves us a few seconds that is enough to solve problems for another client.
Access to chat history: Although this is a premium feature, it is very useful so as to monitor customer queries through till resolution.

Cons: I do not have so much to say about the mobile version. It requires a lot of optimization so as to bring it to the level of the web version. This will fetch the company more money through purchases, and paid adverts on the app platform.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/06
Basiirat A.
Basiirat A.
Customer Support Analyst
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/23

"Livechat is magical."

Comments: Our customers regularly inform us that they get a faster response to their questions,when they communicate with my organizations customer care team via our website ,as against when they put a call across to our support telephone line. Livechat enable our agents communicate faster with customers than they do via the telephone ; therefore it has made the customer care team work faster,efficiently.

Pros: I have used Livechat for over eighteen months and I get impressed by the sheer quality of this program. From the interface,which is among the most intuitive of any software solution I use as work ,to its customer support which is available to resolve our needs within seconds of getting on their website.
Livechat also has a broad array of features which will improve any customer service department. Among these large library of feature on Livechat ,I particularly love the sneak-peek feature.The sneak-peek feature let me see what a web visitor is typing even before it is sent and I have had a few visitors try to ask me how I seem to know what they are typing; I tell them it is Magic.

Cons: Livechat needs to broaden the functionality of its mobile app. At the moment,it only allows for it to be used to chat with web visitors and nothing more.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/23
Victor A.
Victor A.
Inside Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/20

"No Helpdesk solution beats Livechat."

Comments: Livechat has helped my organization grow its email marketing list via its integration with Mailchimp. Primarily,Livechat has led to reduced bounce rate on our website and also a faster response time to customer complaints.

Pros: Livechat is the most intuitive Helpdesk solution I have tried.It has got a reliable support team for companies and organizations using it.I like the regular email newsletters sent to users by Olga Kolodynska of Livechat ; these newsletters provides insights into newer ways via which we can maximize Livechat to close more sales ,reduce website bounce rate and increase revenue for my organization.
I also like how I am able to respond to tickets opened by our customers by simply replying to the email notification sent by Livechat as against logging into the Livechat interface itself.

Cons: Inability to respond to tickets via the mobile app.At the current time,the Livechat smartphone app. Is only used to chat with web visitors.There is no way to transfer chats ,or even make use of the canned response feature via the Livechat app.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/20
Operations Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/21

"Engage quickly and easily with customers on your site"

Comments: Generally, we really like this. It's easy for clients to get a hold of us with a quick question, and it's a great option for clients who don't want to call.

Pros: Looks professional and pleasing to the eye. Loved the free trial to understand how it works and was easy to implement/install and learn to use. Great way to engage with customers in a quick, efficient way. Love the transcript features, canned responses, pre-chat survey, and 'Leave a message' option when logged out.

Cons: The logging out part/option not to accept chats is more complicated than it needs to be. We've had users log off (of thought they had) only to find a customer started chatting, but we were closed and there was no operator available. So it looked like we were accepting chats when in fact we were not.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/21
Tedd W.
Client Service Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/23

"Works so well we don't notice it"

Comments: Livechat has, simply put, been the best chat software our company has ever used.

Pros: Talkdesk allows us to configure every aspect of our chat presence, from how often chat boxes pop up to what messages are displayed. Its ticketing system is convenient, powerful, and easy to use. Cloud access has allowed easy continued use through COVID-19

Cons: It's tough to think of something our users don't like about LiveChat. We haven't need to contact support, so I'm not sure how robust it is.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/23
VP Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/21

"Best chat on the market"

Comments: Pleasant onboarding and professional help customizing our setup. Overall just a pleasant experience working with the tool.

Pros: Having tried several (10+) chat software to find the right fit this is the easiest, most customizable, and affordable solution on the market.

Cons: Can't really put anything to the product. Perhaps a bit better Pardot/SF integration.

Alternatives Considered: Olark

• Reviewed on 2019/08/21
Krissy V.
Assistant Manager
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/08

"Communicate with Customers 24/7 with Live Chat"

Comments: We use Live Chat for customers who visit our website to speak with someone after business hours. It helps capture traffic we may not have been normally able to get, and have the customer's basic questions answered and information collected.

Pros: Live chat is a great feature that allows prospective customers/renters to communicate with someone 24/7. It captures hot leads, that may be doing apartment research after business hours. The live chat representative collects the prospects name, email and phone number- so that we can contact them during business hours and further assist them.

Cons: Sometimes the Live Chat representatives can come off negatively towards customers. The responses they give are often too "robotic," and can make the customer feel as if they are wasting their time. I've seen chats where the customer quickly signs off from the chat once it doesn't have the authentic, human communication feel.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/08
Charles H.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"Chuck's Review of LiveChat"

Comments: Overall experience with LiveChat is above average. There are many technical components of our website we find ourselves needing/wanting to revamp each year--which is a pain point for us. Fortunately, LiveChat is not one of them. It's reliable and we're not looking to change that!

Pros: Never had embed issues on our website. Inline email responses is super helpful and our customers take advantage of submitting a ticket when we're not 'online'. Very much in alignment with my company's service model, LiveChat is a core component of providing delightful service to our customers.

Cons: The LiveChat app that connects our team on our mobile devices was the most flimsy part of the experience. Sometimes it would log out on you (showing not available agents online for our customers). However, this has become noticeably better over the last year--I'm happy to work with the company who clearly is bettering the experience as we continue to work with them.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/18
Campus Tour Guide
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/30

"LiveChat - Customer Service"

Comments: I think livechat greatly improves the well-being of customer service agents while simultaneously giving the customer a better experience, as they are no longer waiting on the phone impatiently. It is useful because canned responses allow the user to easily transmit information or instructions to customers without having to explain each time a problem comes up.

Pros: As a user, I liked that I was able to use "canned" responses, as well as create my own "canned" responses. Further, I liked that I was able have a conversation with a number of customers at the same time. This was useful during busy periods where there were a number of people waiting to get help. I also like that I am no longer talking to angry or upset customers on the phone, as it insulates the customer service agent from unwarranted verbal abuse by upset customers. It was also useful because people have a different expectation when receiving customer service via text. Everything is less intense and you are on less of a time crunch.

Cons: The software redefined a large portion of my job, which took some getting used to. However it also made my job easier and eliminated the worst part of my job (angry customers on the phone). I've been told its relatively expensive but as an employee I do not pay for it.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/30
Omobolanle I.
Omobolanle I.
Financial Analyst
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/06

"Livechat defines simplicity."

Pros: SIMPLICITY : Livechat has a simple and intuitive user environment which makes it easy for new users both on the part of helpdesk agents and web visitors to pick up the workings of the software in a matter of minutes. SOCIAL INTEGRATION : Via Livechats social integration feature ,our users can now communicate with us right from our Facebook fan page. EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM : Livechats helpdesk support staffs are always eager and available to assist us for everytime we ran into hurdles while using this software . The good part is ,they are available 24 hours a day and they motivate our own helpdesk team to want to do better.

Cons: Livechat does a perfect job .However I have got reservation regarding the mobile app. As it appears to be too simple.Currently ,the helpdesk team can only respond to chats via the app. and for every other need like responding to customer ticket ,checking out agent profiles , checking out website analytic etc user have to login to Livechat from the pc.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/06
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/04

"Responsive and Easy to Manage"

Comments: We have been using LiveChat for almost 10 years. They are very responsive to any issues or concerns, but often fail if a question comes up that is not in the canned messages. For as long as we've been a client, you'd think the chat team would have the ability to better understand our company and products and be a little more resourceful.

Pros: I like having the ability to build out canned scripts that the chat team can use to answer questions. I also like that we don't have to rely on their chat admins and can log in ourselves to chat when we have the time.

Cons: The chat team really gets stumped if a question comes up that is not in the canned messages. Would be more helpful if they were a little more resourceful in finding some of the answers.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/04
Tope O.
Tope O.
Research Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/09

"Simple, effective and dependable."

Pros: Livechat is the best help desk solution for firms and teams out there and this is majorly due to its simplicity and effectiveness.I like the daily reports Livechat sends to our email at the end of every workday ; this has ensured we are updated on the performance of our helpdesk agents for the day. It details the total number of customers we responded to on chat , the percentage of satisfied customers ,percentage of dis-satisfied customers and percentage of customers ,whose chat we missed.

Cons: Inability to respond to tickets opened by our customer via the Livechat smartphone app. is my only reservation thus far with this solution.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/09
Ryland M.
Software Support Tech
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/15

"LiveChat for Support Use"

Comments: Overall LiveChat does add a lot to our ability to help customers and gives them support options if a phone call or email is not enough or viable. Most of the time I do not even notice it is there which is a good thing because it means that it is doing its job of letting me know who is there and who is available.

Pros: The menu is very ease to browse and I can tell at a glance what all of our agents are doing and which customers are currently browsing our site. My notifications do not interfere with my other sites and software I am currently using and it is very easy to create tickets and track previous days activities.

Cons: The only thing I currently do not like is the apparent lack of integration with Sales Force. I do not know if that has changed, but right now for our company we have to manually create tickets within SalesForce to match Live Chat activity.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Olga S.
postgraduate student
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/27

"Thanks to the developers for the multifunctional software"

Pros: As soon as the number of customers in our company began to increase, we had to look for a convenient messenger. The best was LiveChat. In this software everything is carefully thought out. For example, our manager has the ability to monitor employees, communicate with clients, look at various indicators related to communication. This is very important and helped us not only to adjust communication with customers, streamline the database of customers, but also significantly increase the level of conversion. And this, as you understand, is an additional profit.

Cons: In order for our employees to quickly learn how to set up an instant messenger and work with clients, we had to arrange a seminar with an invited specialist. We spent money, but the investments paid off very quickly!

• Reviewed on 2018/01/27
Customer Experience Manager
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/14

"Great way to connect with customers"

Comments: It's good! A great way to connect with people in addition to phone & email. These days, people don't want to get on the phone or wait for an email response that could maybe take a week before getting a response. LiveChat is quick and easy!

Pros: It's super user friendly & a great way to connect with customers & potential customers. I love how you can see who's currently browsing the website & you can actually start a chat with people who are currently browsing. You don't have to wait for someone to start the chat with you. The hashtag shortcuts are also really great & make it fast & easy to respond

Cons: There aren't a lot of themes to choose from. They're very basic. So from a visual standpoint, the chat box doesn't have a unique look. A blessing & a curse is that you can see what people are typing before they send it. So sometimes I respond before they can even ask me, or they'll delete their message half way through and I'll already respond.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/14
Yvonne E.
Telecommunications
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/11

"Live Chat is Great!"

Comments: overall, live chat is the most helpful tool to utilize when your not able to get up. There are a lot of people to help but sometimes the answers come a little slower than usual when theirs limited worker.

Pros: What I like most about Live chat is having someone on the other end ready to help and assist with any questions. Sometimes your not able to get up from your work area and quickly chatting is super convenient.

Cons: What I least about live chat is the weekends. Someone may not be available to chat as quickly as someone would be during the week Monday-Friday. I know how it can be but sometimes calling in takes even longer.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/11
Janelle S.
Chief Operating Officer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/11

"Exceptional Chat Feature for our Site"

Comments: We are able to help our clients in real time on their time. Our offices are very busy with patients and when they take the time to reach out to us, it's great that we can help them immediately.

Pros: Ease of use and access for our clients to reach us in real time

Cons: Nothing really except when a client ends a chat before I can finish my thank you ;-)

by LiveChat Software on 2018/12/14

Vikas H.
Senior Sales Consultant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Best live chat experience with LiveChat"

Comments: Overall experience with LiveChat has been good so far. It is really easy to get it on your website and you can also customize your template to match with your website theme. You can efficiently track whatever happens on chat. On the top of all it provides you with a ticketing system as you generate tickets for your clients and you can track everything with it.

Pros: What I really like about LiveChat is that clients can share images with us real-time and it allows our staff to understand the concerns accurately and efficiently.

Cons: It would be really great if they can lower down the pricing a little though the features that we with LiveChat are amazing.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/15
Temitope E.
Temitope E.
Helpdesk Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/27

"Livechat integrates with our Facebook brand page."

Pros: I like Livechat's Facebook integration. Courtesy of this ,our customers are now able to communicate with my company's helpdesk team via our Facebook page. Since we began using this feature early in the year ,we have seen a steady increase in the number of customer chats we respond to on a daily basis.

Cons: I will like to see Livechat improve on the Livechat mobile app. My personal opinion is that this app. is way too basic for customer service ,as we are only able to communicate via chat using the Livechat app. For every other thing we need to do on Livechat ,we must do it via the Livechat website.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/27
Digital Marketing Specialist
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/08

"Great feature to have for site"

Comments: LiveChat has allowed our company to communicate with customers and potential customers who cannot call in or don't want to call in immediately. We help thousands of customers every month and it's super easy for our reps to use. Creating users, managing conversations, and the overall user experience has been a huge positive to our team and would highly recommend!

Pros: I like how easy it is to manage users and their access/abilities. Implementing it onto our website is a great feature to have for customers who cannot or do not want to call in right away.

Cons: Unfortunately I have not encountered any issues or drawbacks that has come across our team's experience.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/08
Roman K.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/04

"Good service to interact with customers"

Pros: We introduced this chat a few years ago to promptly answer customer questions. Most of all, I like the fact that developers leave us the right to choose the interface design to make the chat better fit into our site. As a separate plus I want to mention the ability to collect statistics for the analysis of work.

Cons: The chat itself is excellent, but you need to refine the interface for tickets, add to it the ability to make more advanced settings. This would help us to better understand at the start what concerns our customers.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/04