CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Ministry Director
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/15

"Life made easier"

Comments: This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros: The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons: The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Sean G.
Program Director

"POS Nation Review"

Comments: I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros: I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons: I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

by POS Nation on 2020/01/17

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

Vivian W.
MANAGER
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/18

"sPORTING GOODS"

Comments: Love it

Pros: The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Cons: It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps

by POS Nation on 2020/12/29

Vivian,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 2020/12/18
Lorraine N.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/12

"CAP for Grocery store"

Pros: The promised ability to use my existing hardware which was not possible with any other grocery specific POS program.

Cons: It was not specific to the grocery industry and is not flexible in changing to changing needs within the grocery industry. For example, when an additional tax was imposed for telecommunication cards this program did not have the ability to differentiate it which would be required in order for me to report taxes to the state. Also, my own personal, custom gift cards cannot be processed through the system nor can I scan and process Major gift cards through this program.

by POS Nation on 2020/11/19

Lorraine,

We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in regards to some areas within our software. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you at 704-405-5089.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/12
Gordon L.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/15

"Great system for the Money"

Comments: I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros: CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons: ​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders.
Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

Justin S.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/10

"Amazing Product!!"

Comments: This system and the staff have been extremely beneficial to our business, here in Canada. They helped through the purchasing, setting up, and operation of the system without rushing me and only stopping after I was satisfied. Before POS Nation, we were using an old analog cash register that only had new items and used items as categories (the only new items we carry are mattresses), leaving no information as to what we sell in what quantities or values. Now, we can see how many of what we sell and when. This is very important to us and will be a very good aid for as to what donations we will be seeking more or less of.

Pros: The system's best feature is its customizability. Being a used furniture store that also deals with antiques, appliances, collectibles, tools, and pretty much everything except for clothing, we needed a system that we could adjust on the go since our inventory is always changing. We've been using this system for about 3 months now and even today, I'm still making adjustments multiple times a week. My volunteers caught on to its use very quickly, even considering the changes that I keep making to it.

Cons: The two things that I don't like is the inability to remove payment options buttons, such as EBT or Gift Card, as we don't use those methods and I would like to have a 3rd column of TS Lookup. The first on the left brings up the three on the right. I wish it could do sub-categories. For example, if we sell a mattress I'd like another row to pop up and ask if it's new or used and the third to then ask which size, material, etc.

by POS Nation on 2020/02/23

We appreciate your feedback, Justin. Thanks for being a POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/10
Bob T.
Software Support
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/21

"CAP POS Software"

Comments: Our largest benefit was the integrated Pennsylvania plcb report. We found that most of customers a re small business operators and they were not looking for a $25,000 software package. It is a reliable product that fit our customers needs.

Pros: It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report. CAP support has been very helpful. CAP has most of the features that 99% of our customers actually use/need. The price point is good.

Cons: There are not any substantial cons with CAP that we have encountered.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/29

Bob,

We are happy to hear that our POS System is easy to set up and train your customers on how to use it! We are also happy to hear that the integrated PA PLCB Beverage report has been very accommodating and crucial for your business. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review that makes us proud! We are glad to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/21
Mark C.
System Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/29

"Point of Sale Experience"

Comments: Overall experience has been great with the system and support. We can always count on support when we need them most.

Pros: Inventory reporting is the most helpful enabling our staff to track the least sold to most sold items to stay on top of what our daily customers are wanting.

Cons: Some configuration settings may need to be selected repeatedly in order to save or be enabled but this is not always the case as a minor annoyance.

by POS Nation on 2020/11/05

Mark,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support and our inventory reporting. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/29
Jane S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/13

"Great Software and Even Better Company"

Comments: Excellent. The team is very easy to work with and actually cares about our business.

Pros: The software is incredibly easy to use. Our Customer Success Manager helped us with onboarding and training, and we were up and running in a matter of days. The software helps us track inventory and issue purchase orders to our vendors. Overall, it's helped us tremendously with running our business.

Cons: Nothing really. If I had to say anything, some of the buttons are a little small.

by POS Nation on 2020/11/19

Jane,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our software and someone within our Customer Success team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/13
Kendall P.
Guest Services Director
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/23

"Hospital Gift Shop Use"

Pros: Very easy to use. I most enjoy the ability to set up hot keys for the items that we sell the most.

Cons: Would like to see a functionality to be able to take credit card payments over the phone for credit card purchases.

by POS Nation on 2021/02/16

Kendall,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please reach out to our technical support team at 704-405-5089 to discuss option for taking credit card payments via phone. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020/12/23
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"owner"

Comments: Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros: Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory.
Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out.
Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons: The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

by POS Nation on 2019/09/12

Thanks for the review, Jennifer!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/11
Jay H.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/16

"Great product thus far, Excellent customer service"

Comments: Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Pros: Easy to use software, durable design, only had 2 issues with it in the first full year of use, both were resolved by restarting the system which only took 5 minutes.

Cons: I wish the screen would include an Anti-glare feature as it is used in our Garden center and is always exposed to sun.

by POS Nation on 2020/01/17

We're glad you're enjoying your system, Jay! Thanks for the review.

Hillary G.
Server
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/10

"I worked as a server at multiple establishments that utilized a POS system."

Pros: This software allowed efficient customer service and quick delivery of quality product. It allowed the staff to communicate orders efficiently to the kitchen.

Cons: There really weren't many cons associated with this software.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/10
Tony M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/15

"Great System for a Liquor Store!!"

Comments: As mentioned above, getting the Iowa bottle deposit figured out was great. The Tech Support was great to work with. The POS system has a lot of great features that will be helpful in the future. I would recommend this system to any large or small retail business.

Pros: Has everything for my needs as a small Wholesale/Retail liquor store. It has a lot more than I need now but it will come in handy later.

Cons: Tech Support was great in helping figure out a way to get the Iowa bottle deposit configured as a tag along item. Works very good.

Mitch C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/22

"POS Nation was the best decision I've ever made."

Pros: It helps me run my business! It gives me the information I need to make decisions. I know my best and worst sellers. I know my margins by department. I can run promos to get my customers back in the door.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/22
Will J.
Computer Technology Analyst
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/25

"Cash Register Express review"

Comments: No problems to date.

Pros: Customer Support was great, quick to respond, and knowledgeable.

Cons: Difficult to troubleshoot without tech support.

by POS Nation on 2019/09/12

We appreciate your review, Will!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/25
Luis C.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/16

"EXCELLENT POS SYSTEM."

Comments: AFTER TWO WEEKS OF RESEARCH AND ASKING OTHER STORES, WE DECIDED FOR THE MOST COMPLETE, EASIEST TO USE FULL POS SYSTEM. TRAINING IS INCREDIBLE AND AVAILABLE 24/7. WE COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER SYSTEM.

Pros: EASY TO USE. FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT. GREAT SYSTEM.

Cons: THE SOFTWARE COULD BE MORE FLEXIBLE ON DELETING THING THAT WE DO NOT USE.

by POS Nation on 2020/10/20

Luis,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and the time you took to write this review.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/16
Kim H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/14

"Amazing"

Comments: We are finding which products sell in our store and what doesn't. We are able to keep better inventory, which in turn makes ordering so much easier!

Pros: How easy it is for all to use, weather it is a computer user or someone new to them

Cons: It would be easier if I had a button that would add new inventory easier

• Reviewed on 2019/03/14
Emily A.
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/25

"Wonderful Product & Amazing Service!"

Pros: The software is very easy to use and the tech support is extremely helpful with making sure that the setup process runs smoothly.

Cons: With any new software, learning the ins & outs can be frustrating. However, the software is very user friendly and their tech support is outstanding.

by POS Nation on 2019/09/12

Thank you for the review, Emily!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Tabitha M.
Warehouse
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/11

"Vantage"

Comments: Overall, good.

Pros: I like how simple it is to use this program.

Cons: I do not know how to use all the features yet.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/16

Tabitha,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020/12/11
Hanady M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/12

"Simplicity"

Comments: Satisfied

Pros: User friendly, handles a larger volume of inventory.

Cons: Glitches on inventory count. Case sensitive therefore will cause count to be off

• Reviewed on 2019/03/12
Cindy E.
operations manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/12

"Easy for most, with little to no experience, to use."

Comments: It's all good!
Any thing that I have run across, that I have difficulty with, is corrected or explained in a professional and timely manner. I am then in turn able to teach my staff for quick and efficient customer service.

• Reviewed on 2016/05/12