CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Kyle L.
General Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/01

"CAPS"

Comments: Being familiar with the CAPS system from our sister property made this incorporation very easy.

Pros: We were operating on a tight turn around but, Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate to our CAPS System. Looking forward to utilizing the 24/7 support line as we get into the nuts and bolts.

Cons: Not that far along yet but, will certainly let y'all know.

by POS Nation on 2020/11/03

Kyle,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far and that Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate it for you! Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/01
Sean G.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/16

"POS Nation Review"

Comments: I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros: I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons: I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

by POS Nation on 2020/01/17

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/16
Karen W.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/23

"My first POS"

Comments: For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros: I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons: Oooh, this is gonna be a long list.
It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!)
Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

by POS Nation on 2019/09/12

We appreciate the feedback, Karen!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/23
Bob T.
Software Support
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/21

"CAP POS Software"

Comments: Our largest benefit was the integrated Pennsylvania plcb report. We found that most of customers a re small business operators and they were not looking for a $25,000 software package. It is a reliable product that fit our customers needs.

Pros: It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report. CAP support has been very helpful. CAP has most of the features that 99% of our customers actually use/need. The price point is good.

Cons: There are not any substantial cons with CAP that we have encountered.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/29

Bob,

We are happy to hear that our POS System is easy to set up and train your customers on how to use it! We are also happy to hear that the integrated PA PLCB Beverage report has been very accommodating and crucial for your business. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review that makes us proud! We are glad to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/21
Joseph l D.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Best POS for Retail/Tavern Liquor Business"

Pros: Great product. Easy installation and start up. Only POS to provide solution for hybrid business. We are a restaurant/Tavern/retail wine shop that uses the robust tag/label system as well as inside dining/bar business. Service from CAP has been great. Very responsive and good follow up.

Cons: Only Con we experienced was the interface to Quickbooks at startup. Our distributor didn’t provide instruction prior to install. We had Quickbooks operational prior to CAP which required a rebuild of Quickbooks after the fact. CAP customer support went above and beyond to help us.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/22

Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and our customer support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/15
Cynthia D.
VP / CoOwner
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/12

"POS Nation tops the list"

Comments: POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros: I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons: Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/12
Payal B.
Managing member
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/19

"CAP Software is good."

Comments: Overall, great product.

Pros: Cap software easy to manage and operate.

Cons: Support during weekdays and during weekend ( Saturday) has lots of challenges. It’s hard to reach the support time.

by POS Nation on 2020/10/22

Hello Payal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review! We are very happy to hear that you like the CAP software! We also appreciate your honest feedback on our technical support, which we will use to continue improving our processes. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020/10/19
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"owner"

Comments: Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros: Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory.
Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out.
Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons: The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

by POS Nation on 2019/09/12

Thanks for the review, Jennifer!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/11
Genevieve B.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/12

"CAPS Team"

Comments: Tremendously satisfied

Pros: Easy user friendly Compared to other POS systems I’ve used this one is right on point

Cons: Can’t think of anything. No complaints on anything.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/18

Genevieve,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020/12/12
Rony D.
Tobacco, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/08

"Great product"

Pros: Ease of use and what i wanted out of it! The customer service is the best part great people who know what there doing and i get my problems resovled all the time!

Cons: Cant send out mass emails! Nothing to be a deal breaker!

Rony,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our POS System and also our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering such service that our customers can brag about. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/08
Anita H.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Technical Support"

Comments: It’s been very great!

Pros: I love the technical support. I always get the help I need. Very professional and friendly. I’ve never felt like I couldn’t accomplish the tasks after support I’ve been given.

Cons: Some issues on reporting but we are working through.

Anita,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company and specifically our technical support team.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/11
Luis C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/16

"EXCELLENT POS SYSTEM."

Comments: AFTER TWO WEEKS OF RESEARCH AND ASKING OTHER STORES, WE DECIDED FOR THE MOST COMPLETE, EASIEST TO USE FULL POS SYSTEM. TRAINING IS INCREDIBLE AND AVAILABLE 24/7. WE COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER SYSTEM.

Pros: EASY TO USE. FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT. GREAT SYSTEM.

Cons: THE SOFTWARE COULD BE MORE FLEXIBLE ON DELETING THING THAT WE DO NOT USE.

by POS Nation on 2020/10/20

Luis,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and the time you took to write this review.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/16
Michael D.
Natural Resource and Grants Director
Government Administration, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/21

"BVR POS review 2019"

Comments: Great

Pros: Ease of use, simple and the cost of the product

Cons: The third party who handles contracts needs a lot of help when situations dealing with Tribal governments.

by POS Nation on 2020/01/17

Thank you for the review, Michael! Your feedback is valued.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/21
Lorraine N.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/12

"CAP for Grocery store"

Pros: The promised ability to use my existing hardware which was not possible with any other grocery specific POS program.

Cons: It was not specific to the grocery industry and is not flexible in changing to changing needs within the grocery industry. For example, when an additional tax was imposed for telecommunication cards this program did not have the ability to differentiate it which would be required in order for me to report taxes to the state. Also, my own personal, custom gift cards cannot be processed through the system nor can I scan and process Major gift cards through this program.

by POS Nation on 2020/11/19

Lorraine,

We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in regards to some areas within our software. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you at 704-405-5089.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/12
Betsy B.
PR/Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/12

"Would recommend POS Nation"

Comments: I know that when I call I always have someone who can guide me and answer questions. That is very much appreciated. Our Customer Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been wonderful through this experience. He has been kind and patient. We really appreciate the fact POS Nation is a US-based company and everyone we speak to is here in the US.

Pros: All of our needs have been met with this pos system. We appreciate that the learning curve for the software was easy and the process of integrating with our existing business was efficient.

Cons: I would like to see a printer that prints tags for outside use, such as a tree tag. At the moment we are printing onto a smaller tag and sticking them to the tree tags.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/12
Diana T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/11

"CAP is perfect for managing a retail shop with lots of product and customers"

Comments: For us, the inventory control is the most valuable. We have a bead shop with hundreds of small items that would be impossible to manage without CAP. We know what's selling, who is buying and when to reorder or put on sale to move out. We know what our overall financial position is constantly.

Pros: Back office is incredible - so nice to have access to everything that we do from purchasing, receiving, tagging, selling, reordering, customer history, discounts, special sales - I could go on forever. I can't imagine what more could be needed.

Cons: We started using CAP when we first set up our business over 20 years ago and have enjoyed the upgrades over the years. Now with the incredible support we are getting today it is wonderful. The program is sophisticated and with so many options it is so much easier to utilize more features with the new support available. I wish we had access to that years ago. I spent a lot of time with trial and error trying to utilize different features but now I can just pick up the phone and within a very short period of time, I've got my questions answered or problems solved!

by POS Nation on 2020/12/16

Diana,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We are so happy to hear that you love the Back Office feature and the upgrades over the years. We are excited to continue working with you throughout the years to come!

Gordon L.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/15

"Great system for the Money"

Comments: I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros: CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons: ​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders.
Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/15
Carol E.
Bookstore Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/11

"Dependable software/Easy to Use"

Comments: We are very happy with the product. Otherwise, we wouldn't be such long-time customers. We can track sales hourly/daily/monthly/annually as well as by sales code. We can offer discounts to customers and track on type of discount given. Also, helps us keep track of inventory costs/turnover, sales taxes and much more.

Pros: Have been using the CAP POS system in our employees' store for 20 years +. Easy system for cashiers and administrator to learn and use. On the very few occasions that we've had issues, tech support was very responsive and fixed the problem on the first contact. No need for call backs.

Cons: Wish there was some way we could link it to our website so it could automatically track inventory on our online store and show items as sold out. Right now , we run reports daily and adjust manually. But Reports module is very easy to use and provides many different real-time reports with variables depending on info you are looking for.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/15

Carol,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer for over 20 years! We are so happy to hear that our technical support team has been very responsive to fix any problem that you have had throughout the years. Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Scott H.
partner/owner
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/10

"Review of Personnell"

Pros: The customer support team, in particular [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic with getting my problem solved as quickly as she did. I hope that she answers any future calls we need to make.

Cons: Inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases. Our credit card processing is through Payment Depot/First Nashville and the need to go to a separate screen and hit another key, while our customer is waiting is cumbersome and not efficient, either time wise or financially. We have been told that this is due to us using First Nashville, but it is hard to believe that a processor of this size is not set up in your system for this to be handled. Please feel free to contact me for further response.

Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that our customer support team represented POS Nation well. In regards to your inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases, we definitely can help you get this setup. Please give our technical support team a call at 704-405-5089 to get you the assistance needed. Thank you again for your review! We greatly appreciate you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/10
Kenneth C.
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/21

"Simplicity"

Comments: Been using over 15 years, had some growing pains in first few years but it has been pretty rock solid for last 8-10 years. So easy to use and train new employees quickly. Every other POS I have looked at is overcomplicated and hard to use and follow.

Pros: Very simple presentation at POS homesceen in selling mode, simple operation for scanning, lookup and paying. Software has the few features that I need and so many others that I will never use.

Cons: Inventory sales history by item is not precise enough, needs to break down actual sales from transfers and damages. including transfers really can skew the actual sales history. Also spot checking Inventory is very confusing to teach and execute properly.

by POS Nation on 2020/10/26

Kenneth,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We appreciate your 15 years of loyalty and thankful to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/21
Heather W.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/21

"CRE"

Comments: The version I have is Cash Register express. I have been happy overall. The transition has been relatively seemless.

Pros: Once the system is set up it is easy to use and the reporting features are very useful.

Cons: The limited ability and cost to communicate with accounting software like Quickbooks online.

by POS Nation on 2020/12/04

Heather,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/21
Sharon W.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/19

"We love POS Nation"

Comments: We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros: This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons: I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/19
Brian T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/16

"One of the best"

Comments: Been using CAP for over 14 years

Pros: Very easy to use and train on. Well thought out and designed.

Cons: Having the ability to save credit cards encrypted on file was a nice feature in the other POS system we had

by POS Nation on 2020/12/22

Brian,

• Reviewed on 2020/12/16
Kendall P.
Guest Services Director
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/23

"Hospital Gift Shop Use"

Pros: Very easy to use. I most enjoy the ability to set up hot keys for the items that we sell the most.

Cons: Would like to see a functionality to be able to take credit card payments over the phone for credit card purchases.

by POS Nation on 2021/02/16

Kendall,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please reach out to our technical support team at 704-405-5089 to discuss option for taking credit card payments via phone. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020/12/23
Nick P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/07

"Best POS For Liquor Store."

Pros: Easy to operate and maintain POS .
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are best in team.

Cons: Only future it has to be add like Daily Journal Reports so you can see whole day details.

by POS Nation on 2020/11/09

Nick,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/07