PowerSchool Registration Reviews

• Overall
    3.6/5
    3.5/5

About PowerSchool Registration

A best-in-class platform to manage admissions, enrollment, choice, and registration.

Learn more about PowerSchool Registration

Patty S.
PowerSchool Administrator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/13

"I was the leader for support of this product. I did most of the setup work."

Comments: Registrations are done by the parents so there is not having to decipher penmanship. As long as Parents can type their students name correctly, all is well.

Pros: It gives parents a way to enroll their students online. So there is very little paper used in the registration process.

Cons: I can't change any forms on my own. I have to go onto the admin web page and ask them to make a change.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/13
Isa D.
Registrar
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/12

"Good admissions softward"

Pros: PowerSchool Registration collects all the data we need, from initial application to recurring profile updates.

Cons: Formerly called Infosnap, this software integrates with PowerSchool, which we use as our SIS. As such, the integration was what could be expected Now that PowerSchool has acquired it, we are hoping for a much more seamless integration between the two. Much of what we need to do can only be done through on of their account managers. Response time has sometimes been over two weeks!!!

• Reviewed on 2017/07/12
Tim L.
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/09

"Significant time and money saved using PowerSchool Registration. Seemless integration and intuitive."

Comments: PowerSchool Registration is a huge time and money saver. It was relatively smooth to implement and our parents loved the switch from paper documents!

Pros: Simple, user friendly design. It integrates with PowerSchool seemlessly and is able to be customized. PowerSchool has improved support for this product. Our parents and office staff love this product.

Cons: Field quantity limitations. Depending on the size and cost of your subscription, the number of fields you can use in a form is limited to 100. The product is not cheap.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/09
Registrar
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/22

"Great Idea with some flaws"

Comments: Overall experience is guarded. I am sure once we work the bugs to and get the data cleaner the over all experience will improve. This year was difficult however. The adjustment for parents has been an issue as well but, once they are used to doing everything online we will be ok I think.

Pros: I love the idea of parents being able to update their registration or enroll student in school online. They can even upload any paperwork that is needed from the comfort of their own home.

Cons: The communication between the registration piece and the SIS is faulty. Matching current students to the new student information entered by the parent is suspect. Led to many duplicate students being enrolled in the system. Same goes for contacts. Difficult to match and many duplicates arise for this situation.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/22
Jayna H.
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/10

"Great Program for tracking students educational progress"

Comments: I really like this program and the various features it offers to parents and students alike, it's mobile so you can continue to check progress and track due dates for projects and assignments.

Pros: As a parent I LOVE the fact that this program provides me with a method to stay involved in my children's education progress. This program allows you to access your child's school schedule, grades, upcoming projects and even provides school lunch account access so you can pay for your students lunches online.

Cons: Getting my account set-up was a challenge...I had to get IT involved to help me so that was a bit disappointing but once they got everything set-up it's been a breeze to maneuver through.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/10
Brett H.
Data Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/02

"Does not deliver on promises"

Comments: Originally we loved Powerschool registration but since the new support format rolled out we have not had very much luck getting a response, as an example we conveyed a roll out date of 3/26/20 for our new forms on 1/7/20 as of today we have heard nothing from our "support team"

Pros: Ease of use for end user (once bugs were worked out.
Allows paperless registration.
can be used to collect data that may not yet be mapped to PS fields.

Cons: Customer service is severely lacking, taking weeks to months for a reply.
Functionality conveyed by sales team is a blatant lie, for example you cannot update your own forms and integration does not work in both directions, student data must be uploaded to the online registration system for returning students.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/02
Donna N.
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/06

"Poor Customer Service"

Comments: Horrible! From day 1, the assigned tech was incompetent and our lottery was not ready in time, so we had to do it manually. Now, Powerschool has switched to a system of using a SmartSheet for working with the techs, and NOBODY is returning our messages via phone ot SmartSheet.

Pros: Fairly easy to use, able to integrate from lottery to registration.

Cons: The software is fine, it is the poor/non-existent customer service.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/06
Melodie C.
Administrative Assy
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/27

"Power School offers a lot features and is easy to catch to using it. "

Pros: Power School is easy to use. It oftens a lot of features that are easy to use. I like quick export features.

Cons: That it does not offer some reports that I could generate on other student systems. These should be easy to generate.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/27
Director Of Administration
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/18

"School Lottery and Registration Made Easy"

Pros: PowerSchool Registration has transformed our charter school's lottery and registration process. We now process hundreds or applications and thousands of documents with ease where before we did everything by hand. This has been a game-changer for our enrollment and child accounting departments.

Cons: Customer Service has not been the most helpful. You are paired with a client success manager and if you get a poor technician it can cause delay in your process or start-up.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/18
Stephanie A.
Parent
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/09

"Very User friendly"

Comments: I was able to register my children for school online without filling out multiple forms or driving to the school.

Pros: Since student registration can be time intensive with so many forms and questions to answer, I found this program to be very easy to use and very efficient. It took me quickly through the various forms without any trouble. I was able to register both of my children with no trouble.

Cons: I had some trouble in the past with getting documents to upload to the system. I ended up needing to take everything directly to the school.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/09
Sarah T.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/23

"I use PowerSchool Registration during the fall school registration period"

Comments: Ease of registering students

Pros: I like that the fields and screens are intuitive. It is very easy to run reports, and if I can't remember a field value, it's easy to look up the options.

Cons: The support center is expensive to use. Also, PowerSchool works best on Chrome, but I prefer to use Internet Explorer or Safari.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/23
Director Of Technology
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/23

"Very expensive add-on!"

Pros: Allows for self-service collection/updating of SIS demographic information from parents
Automates the process of student registration/residency approval for schools
Can integrate optional membership registration/fee collections as part of onboarding process

Cons: It is an extremely expensive add-on that by itself nearly costs the same amount as the core product (PowerSchool SIS)
Certain features such as self-service demographic updating should be integrated inot the core product directly without needing to subscribe to the add-on

• Reviewed on 2019/01/23