• Overall
    4,3 /5

About Basecamp

Trusted by millions, Basecamp puts everything you need to get work done in one place.

Learn more about Basecamp

Showing 12 923 reviews

Jason F.
Partner
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/10

"Making project management easier"

Comments: Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pros: The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Cons: The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/10
Victor P.
Software Developer II
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/12

"Great scalable solution for small and medium size businesses"

Comments: For small to medium-sized businesses, Basecamp is a great solution to simplify the process of creating new products, from ideation to completion.

Pros: Basecamp is very easy to use, the interface is clean and intuitive. We can invite external clients to see the status of their projects without incurring in additional costs and the pricing strategy makes sense for us. We can continue to hire new people without having to buy additional licenses.

Cons: I with that tasks had their own ID that we could refer to later. Moving from systems such as Jira where each ticket had an identifier, this is something we miss in Basecamp and would love to see implemented.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/12
Chuck E.
Music director
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!"

Comments: We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Pros: Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

Cons: There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/11
Daniel T.
Software Developer and IT Trainer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/15

"Basecamp - for small and (some) medium-sized projects"

Comments: I use Basecamp to manage part of my projects. It helps me to keep in better connection with my clients and the members of the team. I think it is well suited for small and maybe medium-sized projects. It’s reliable and effective at keeping everything organized as long as your teams will have less than 20 members. But if you’re taking into consideration to use Basecamp, you must also evaluate the complexity of the project and the need of communication between members. Sometimes the conversation will become hard to follow because everything is put together, and after a while it’s difficult to keep track of it. We also use the document management and sharing feature to organize project files. Number of emails between team members and/or client dropped after starting using Basecamp. In fact, you can use Basecamp entirely as a communication platform to organize and keep in touch with your clients. Basecamp consolidates all messages with the client in one place. If the projects are for external clients you can add them to your project and choose only certain resources that they can have access to.

Pros: Basecamp has a very easy to use and intuitive interface. Managing and supervising projects is clean and efficient.
It allows us to share only certain resources with the client.
Groups allow team members to collaborate and share resources.
Members can communicate real-time with the chat or direct messages(pings) or by posting on messages board.
I can dismiss questions or responses if inadequate for the group.
We’re able to set a responsible and set deadlines for tasks.
I can quickly see the tasks we still need to do.
I like how I can have all communication with the client in one place. We don’t need to communicate by emails so often.
Calendar will tell us the time spent and the deadline of the projects.
You can define project hierarchies to break down projects and make them more manageable.
Sometimes I need to share something with a person who’s not on the team; for this I can create a public share link.
We can use templates to speed up the creation of similar projects.

Cons: There is no plan between Free and Business (99USD/month).
Grouping and following longer discussions is not that easy.
I would like to have the possibility to delete files in bulk.
The calendar is just basic, it lacks many features like exporting or syncing with external apps/tools.
I think there are too many email notifications.
I would like to correct or edit online an already uploaded document.
If you want to change the design after your company branding, don't expect that from Basecamp.
I miss a standard feature to prioritize the tasks so we can drop out our custom conventions.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/15
Sridhar R.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"Decent project management tool for small teams!"

Comments: We started Basecamp in v2 and still using it for smaller internal projects. Basecamp does a lot good when you are working with smaller simple focused projects which are run individually. Most of our clients are now demanding to be in Slack or MS Teams as part of collaboration so we have to move to newer tools and apps as required by clients. As part of 2020/2021 vision, we are now targeting to move all our artifacts and teams to Slack or MS Teams and service most of our collaboration/discussion/file sharing

Pros: The most important and stand out feature of the product is the fixed pricing. Its use all you can and no per user seating billing makes it absolutely a product for internal smaller teams. We have used this product for little over 2 years now and is used by various teams inside the company. With basic features like tasks, calendar, file sharing, we found it relatively smaller projects which does not involve too many requirement changes or too much of pre-start documentation required.

Cons: Handling large multiple projects, tracking each project activities, and above all tracking individual contractors work/ timesheet tracking has been a pain point with this product for us. Check-ins work great for a product company but since ours is a technology services projects where work really has to be tracked and detailed at most levels has been a challenge for us. Most of our clients are already on or they prefer/recommend apps from slack and MS Teams and demand to use basecamp in their ecosystem is not very in demand for us.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/24
Curt C.
Founder & CEO
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/19

"Basecamp helps us streamline project/account management and increase our efficiency"

Comments: Overall, we're very happy here at my startup marketing agency, HypeLife Brands, with Basecamp...we've been using it for a VERY long time and haven't looked back or considered anything else really. I think the 37Signals team has done a great job with the product from the beginning.

Pros: The ability to manage a team, often in multiple locales, especially in the days of COVID now, much easier than any other alternative out there.

Cons: Sometimes a conversation for tasks becomes non-linear though Basecamp is setup in a linear fashion, so it can be a bit tricky to manage that without the ability to thread comments, but this is more of an advanced user need I think :-)

• Reviewed on 2020/11/19
Kim P.
Banking, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/25

"Fixed our team!"

Comments: This program solves our disorganization and order of operations issues we were having.

Pros: I think the most impactful part of the program is that now everything is in one place and everything is accountable for I'm bored. You no longer have to worry if you directed someone to do something and if they completed or not. This now helps to get everything organized and in order as if there was an employee they're performing all of the work.

Cons: I haven't done anything that we liked least about it yet play the but we do like the improvements because we had tried it a few years ago and it didn't work as well as it does now for our company.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/25
Tamara T.
Club Secretary
Public Relations & Communications, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/18

"Basecamp - Great for young people, not user friendly for older generations"

Comments: I had to give a presentation on Toastmaster's Pathways and navigating to and through Basecamp and I realized we are not utilizing a lot of the great features Basecamp offers. Again, a lot of the members I've spoken with (both local and international) all say the same thing, that it's confusing to navigate through, the look of the website changed and the headers are confusing. The word Basecamp didn't sit well with a lot of people, but after searching this on YouTube I figured out that Toastmaster's didn't do a good job of explaining what is Basecamp and what the purpose of Basecamp is. If they had chosen to use words or headers like, "Account" that would sound more familiar it would've helped with getting to know the layout. Also, finding materials is still a bit of a maze, but again, that's the organizations lack of set-up and not really Basecamp's fault. With Basecamp all of the learning materials that used to be in booklets were now transferred to the computer and had live video demonstrations, organized power points and links to more resources beyond what is written on the page; it definitely enhanced our learning but also overwhelmed us because there were almost too many resources available in every language you can think of in different parts of the site. Now that I know that Basecamp is a project management software I can help others learn about it and utilize it to the fullest extent.

Pros: I use this software for my Toastmaster's Club and it has a lot of great features that aren't being utilized because of the confusion of maneuvering through it. I can: leave feedback or ask for feedback from other members, track my progress via pie charts, access multimedia learning materials easily, store documents related to my project for historic record or for easy recall.

Cons: Toastmaster's is an world renown organization that has a very even mix of younger and older or retired members; the oldest member in my club is 92 years old. As of June this year, everyone was required to get a Pathways account and log into their Base Camp. I am one of the younger members (39 years old) and even I didn't find Basecamp to be clear cut or intuitive and was frustrated. It got so bad, that the area directors asked every club to nominate a Toastmaster's Pathways or Base Camp "Ambassador" that they can refer people to when they needed help. We had a virtual conference recently and there was an intro class on how to use Pathways/Base Camp and everyone was clearly confused and it didn't make sense to them. There were too many steps to get to the login pages and to get to the actual base camp. Also, the word base camp was not explained to everyone. I think we were looking for something like, "Account" which is equivalent to going to your base camp. I believe the roll out of this new website and way of tracking our progress was poor and has cause a lot of frustration, discouragement and even loss of membership for our older members.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/18
Jason N.
Marketing Director
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/18

"Better way of doing business"

Comments: While there were other, cheaper PM softwares to consider, one of the reasons I started to look at Basecamp is because they are, in a sense, industry leaders. They are constantly publishing books or podcasts about better ways of doing business and that's something their software does.

Pros: Since switching to Basecamp we've seen better communication, collaboration, and better delivery on projects for our marketing team. The way Basecamp delivers information—keeping it all up front and easily accessible—makes it super easy to find out where a project is at at any given time. We've also seen an increase in productivity. People are spending less time trying to figure out what it is they are doing and spending more time getting tasks checked off their list. It has also improved team morale. PM software can be frustrating, but the user interface has made it more fun. While we haven't rolled this out company wide, we are looking forward to it.

Cons: I think there is room to improve the educational components of Basecamp. Based on their customer experience, are there best usage stories? Are there best practices for implementation and usage that we can use? Key piece is communication. There's a lot of choices for where people can submit updates: Campfire, in the task list, in individual tasks. What are the best practices? Someone, please tell me.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/18
Christopher F.
Founder & CEO
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/26

"We would be a Mess without It"

Comments: Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Pros: I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Cons: DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/26
Russell s P.
Educator and Consultant
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/16

"Great idea for team management!"

Comments: Allows my team to stay organized, communicate effectively, and accomplish tasks all from one platform!

Pros: Basecamp is classified as a project management platform, but I see it as more than that. It's a digital space that enables your team to all be on the same page and up-to-date. Here are some things I love about that platform:
- It has a very simple design and feel. It's extremely "boiled down" and there's no reason to worry about less techy folks getting lost. It's easy to learn to use and navigate the platform.
- It organizes everything in one place, so it's easy to find key documents, hold individuals accountable, find help, etc. There's no email chains, certain things saved in the Cloud, while other things are saved on someone's computer - it's all there.
- When you enter a project folder, I like that there are really three categories for communication. Things that need to be done are filed in the "to do" thread, on-going communication/questions occur through the "message" thread, and just general questions or thoughts or concerns can be posed through the "campfire" thread. This is simple idea, but is really quite brilliant. It allows your team to rank or categorize the message they're about to send (Is this urgent? Is this a general question? Is this a task that needs we need to get done?). This really provides structure that effective teams need.
- Another cool feature is that in that you have access to all of the important, shared files in the project folder. I would compare that to "team drives" on Drive, if you're familiar.

Cons: Basecamp is not too technical, it feels human-friendly! But because of this, you do occasionally find yourself looking for something more, a feature that would really be helpful. For example, the to do lists could be a little more robust (graphics, attachments, etc.). Another idea would be to add a bit of customization. I understand the desire to maintain simplicity, but just the ability to add your brand would be a nice feature or even change the color designs. Not crucial, but would be nice.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/16
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/30

"I've used Basecamp intermittently over the last 3 years."

Pros: Basecamp is best for improving organization and instilling clarity among teams. I love the notification board in Basecamp. It helps organize and clarify details and next steps in a team, which can often times get cluttered or grow faint via email and standard chat-type programs like Slack. The self-saving feature is awesome, too. I've been screwed over many times on other programs and email systems if my computer freezes or my browser shuts down unexpectedly so I have a wave of relief being on Basecamp in general. Any applicable files needed can be easily searched for and found within the system, too, which is great. This feature is definitely reminiscent of Google Drive, but Basecamp as a software tool is way more robust, functionality-wise.

Cons: Upload times can be slow and it can get a little glitchy, but the latter may be a function of my company's WiFi. If everyone on your team knows how to use Basecamp and if everyone on your team are solid workers, Basecamp can help you save so much time. BUT, if you have slackers or lazy people on your team (all too common even in the best companies out there) it can be incredibly frustrating to have to repeat information that's already clearly in Basecamp for them to reference. This isn't necessarily a 'con' but I'm often finding out about features I didn't know existed or didn't know were beneficial to leverage for my specific projects until I discovered them through conversations with colleagues. It'd be great to have tutorials embedded into the system so users know they're utilizing the system at its full capacity.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/30
Edward M.
Jefe de marketing
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"Smart project management for diverse and distributed team"

Pros: Basecamp 3 is an outstanding, powerful, and relatively intuitive platform for bringing a team together to get things done. The various tools can be turned on and off as desired, project templates make starting new projects with similar features a breeze and everything is designed with good, healthy communication in mind. When I'm working with someone who has no knowledge of project management, they often feel scared and overwhelmed until they use Basecamp. Then they become serious fans. I love the unlimited users and unlimited projects, the automatic check-ins that are fully customizable, and the ability to integrate automations via Zapier. Saves me tons of time and helps me focus on coordinating the team and getting things done rather than "managing" the projects. There are also great iOS apps and a MacOS app that stay in sync with notifications.

Cons: I dislike that it's sometimes difficult to convince others who have degrees or certifications in project management (or those who would like to be such people) that Basecamp is a true powerhouse of project management. It's design is "friendly" rather than technical. It's "human" and even "comical" at times when some project managers are looking for something that feels difficult and serious to work with. Basecamp has super helpful reports, but if you want to show or export analytical and technical readouts on project status, Basecamp isn't that. For me, this is not a negative, but I tend to like focusing on completing the project rather than on managing it.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Sheila J.
Program Coordinator
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/24

"Couldn't live without Basecamp!"

Comments: I presently manage 10 projects using Basecamp and am a team member on 30+. The majority of staff members are remote, distributed across the US. I do not believe we could be as successful if we did not use such a high quality project management software. BC enables my team to keep multiple projects moving on time in an efficient and transparent way.

Pros: It would be difficult to identify a single aspect of the software as my favorite. The beauty of Basecamp is that it's many functions work together as a whole. But file management and task list management are the main reason why I use it, and I use it daily. File management is easy as folders can be set up and each folder can hold text documents, uploaded files, files from the cloud (such as Dropbox) as well as subfolders. Nothing gets lost. Within a minute, I can locate a 5-year old document and see who contributed to multiple versions over the years. Tasks list clearly communicate who is responsible for what and when. Task assignments make people accountable for their actions and encourage people to meet deadlines.

Cons: Basecamp is not magic. If you start off disorganized, you will have a disorganized site and that can be tedious and time consuming to fix. The project manager must makes decisions and clearly communicate how the software should be used, such as how files are managed.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/24
Aleksandr S.
Senior software engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/02

"It was good when there was no competitors."

Comments: As I said, it is just very outdated both in terms of design on implementation.
Basecamp 3 swears to replace slack, confluence, jira etc and I really sorry to say this - it is just a promises. Not even close. The last drop to us was "chats" which was broken at the release.
We switched.

Pros: There are some bright ideas: you can keep your own thought as personal docs, there are subprojects, some basic automation like end-of -week question "what did you achieve last week". It has basic text formatting and actually not that bad for its price. It does has stickers, message boards, it allows to send notifications to a selected groups or persons.
At some point major update v3 has been released.
But...

Cons: Nearly everything you can find in basecamp is very rusty, dusty and old-fashined. Text formatting isn't quite handy, sometimes you struggle to arrange blocks.
Follow ups and comments are there but you couldn't leave a comment to a part of the text.
But real pain was search. Imagine you are 100% sure there was something about conference and you even remember the phrase from it, say "our next presentation is scheduled on March 4 in LA" , you attempt yo search by the sentence and find... nothing.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/02
Tom M.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/15

"One of the best project management tools I've used"

Comments: Basecamp is solid. Gets the job done. Easy and fun to use.

Pros: I really appreciate Basecamp for its simplicity (structure / UI/UX), clarity (how it presents information; how easy it is to go in and make updates and edits and to know what's going on), and speed / reliability. It just works. I've been using Basecamp for several years and it seems to get better and better each year.

Cons: No recurring tasks / to-do's...seems like a massive oversight for those of us who have tasks that need to be done each day, week, or month (and would save a lot of time instead of creating a new task / to-do item each time). Pings could be improved by having an option to always have that window open while i work on other parts of the site (or campfires, for that purpose). And finally, wish campfires worked more like slack with threads that can be created around specific messages.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/15
Binigya D.
Game Developer
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/12

"Basecamp - All in one project management that doesn't dissapoint"

Comments: Basecamp has been a huge sigh of relief for me. It's extremely convenient and I find myself focusing on my work more, as compared to checking Slack/ Google Drive/ Asana everytime I need to see some project updates and files. Basecamp is not perfect, and it can use some work on some fronts but it is pretty good as it is now too.

Pros: To start off, I really love that I have a platform that has all the tools I need for my day-to-day communication. Basecamp is the complete project management tool with a good enough UI and okay-ish feature set. I love that sharing files and ideas is a cinch and also that everyone can be updated at once. I also love the project tracker and how easy it makes to see everything that's going on.

Cons: Basecamp is undoubtedly good at everything it does. But, just being good doesn't cut it, at least not in some critical functionalities you use daily. After using basecamp for a week or so, I missed using Slack for its slack bots and the UX. Some other features can also be improved upon such as the bland UI (for my taste) and also would've loved to see a flexible price point for really small teams. (The free version has restrictions that makes getting the paid version worth it, but for small teams it can be a bit costly, if you are located in countries whose currencies pale in comparison with the US Dollar)

• Reviewed on 2020/10/12
Dave A.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"4 Years and going strong"

Comments: We have been using it with a globally distributed team for the last 4 years and frankly cannot work without it. We even run our weekly meetings with it by reviewing outstanding tasks. If it's not on Basecamp, it doesn't get done!

Pros: Basecamp is quite easy to use. Even people who are less technically inclined will find it increases their productivity and collaboration. It is very useful to have an activity history and the fact that all shared files are available to users makes it a top class collaboration tool.

Cons: The style is not as fresh as it could be. When you first open the application you either love or hate the look and feel of it. One other small UX issue is that you have to download files to preview them. There is no option of previewing common files in-browser.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Heather T.
CEO/Founder
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/19

"Best Communication & Organizational Tool on the Market"

Comments: I love this software and recommend it as frequently as possible to everyone. (Even our school's Booster Club) It is SO much better than trying to organize events via email or *shudder* text. :-)

Pros: I have been using Basecamp for over 5 years now and will never stop using it. It is the best way to communicate with my online team and keep everything organized. Since all our employees are off-site and work strange hours, this is the best way to keep everyone on the same page. I've recommended this to several other business owners.

Cons: I wish it the calendar function would show the month at a glance, and not just dots when something is scheduled. It would also be great if you could set up repetitive tasks (for the week/month/quarter).

• Reviewed on 2019/08/19
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/14

"Most effective PM software out there."

Comments: I love that they now have a free tier for bootstrappers with 1-3 clients or project that can scale up much in the way that MailChimp allows you to with email marketing. This is a huge plus to get more people started on the platform.

Pros: This is the most thoughtful project and team management software out there, hands down. Our team has replaced Slack and email project communication with one program. It is truly a different way of thinking about not only project management, but customer and team communication. Slack for us had become more of a distraction than a help. This solved that problem. This uses a bulletin board approach as opposed to an interruption approach like Slack. This type of PM requires trust and confidence in your team, which is rare in today's workforce.

Cons: This is not a con for our small company of less than ten people, but I could see the software not making sense to people who are used to the instant communication of an app like Slack. The pros could be the cons for some companies who are not ready to shift their thinking around project management, employee comms and distractions.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/14
Muhammad T.
Sales Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/05

"Great in managing task and project."

Comments: Managing our daily task is very effective with Basecamp, it let me to share and add new user to the task that I has created to collaborate, communicate and completing the task together. Even if I am outside the office, I still can access and continue working from the mobile application that the provide.

Pros: Basecamp is a must for us to managing and sending notification to my team members for our daily task management. I can add comment or editing alert for the task that i has change, so all other members can track any changes to the task. The price package is very affordable for our small team but still has tool and feature to help us managing our task.

Cons: The email notification is quite annoying, it keeps sending email to us to continue using the software on daily basis. It will keep sending the email until we have to manually set the notification off. Not all the task that we create need a constant reminder, we will turn on the notification alert ourselves if we think we need it.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/05
Jonathan O.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/01

"Project Management made easier"

Comments: I use Basecamp to manage clients from all different project types. I manage websites and have clients uploading page content, images, documents and more. We use basecamp to manage tasks and check them off, virtually, which is nice for a to do list application.

Pros: I like being able to assign tasks to multiple people on my team or the client. I have a dozen projects going and all of my clients have access to their tasks. They can also add their own to do list items, discussions, and media items.

Cons: Onboarding clients can be difficult. Sometimes adding multiple images and files can be cumbersome to download as the download button either doesn't show up or it's very hidden at times. Managing multiple projects and be overwhelming.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/01
Khuram Z.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/13

"Basecamp - Good for Getting Started"

Comments: Overall, basecamp was easy to use and it helped our company out when we were at a certain stage and with certain projects. We've moved on to other platforms but still use basecamp for a few projects such as digital marketing retainers which have a high volume of communication. We find basecamp is better for that type of work. For software development, we find it can be a bit hard to manage a structured workflow. So basecamp is great for certain use cases and not so great for others. Regardless, it's a great platform and one of the best one's we've ever used.

Pros: Basecamp makes it easier to communicate within your team and also between your team and your client. It allows for all of the communication to be centralized in one location, whether that data is text, files, images, etc. It's also great with managing client sign-off and gathering feedback for specific items and not letting them access all of the communication for a project which you may want to limit to your client. Additionally, adding/removing users is very easy.

Cons: The older version of basecamp allowed threads within a project to be organized by frequency of comments so the thread with the last comment would appear at the top. Now, the threads are organized chronologically which can be a pain in the butt having to sift through the most relevant thread.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/13
Ewan M.
Digital Content Marketer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/23

"Basecamp kept us organised"

Comments: Basecamp kept a multi-person, international project running smoothly. It was somewhere we could all come together, know what every member of the team was doing, without being super intrusive. You could sign up to receive specific messages if you wanted to opt-out of the full conversation.

Pros: Basecamp kept us all on the same page when putting together a new website. It was massively useful to have both longform conversations where we could check back to see what had been promised earlier in the process, but also to have the function to ping quick messages to sort out urgent requests.

Cons: The initial process where you get an email about everything that is happening on your project regardless if it is your remit or not.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/23
Wesley W.
C.E.O
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/16

"Retaking Control of Project Focus and Productivity"

Comments: Thank you Basecamp for helping me regain control and focus of my team members wich has helped my company grow in a faster rate and overall less stress then before. We highly recommend this software to any company trying to reach a better level of organization and keeping their teams well informed and connected.

Pros: That it was extremely easy to use as it kept my team connected and informed about the project and task we nead to complete for our clients. It saves time and energy having everything my team needs in one place instead of 3-4 other programs. My team can now focus more on the project instead of the hassle of staying connected and documenting the product throughout each phase with having to use multiple programs.

Cons: My only complaint with BaseCamp is the simple fact of I wish I would have used it and implemented it throughout my company sooner.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/16