HotSchedules Reviews

• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,2 /5
    4,2 /5

About HotSchedules

Transform your scheduling process with the industry's most widely adopted forecasting, scheduling and communications tool.

Learn more about HotSchedules

Food & Beverages, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/18

"Great tool to schedule your employees"

Comments: Using for 7 years and if they would not keep changing the format I could say I love it. Anyhow it is great app for managers, easy quick access to employees list, phone numbers, emails and etc.

Pros: I'm doing schedules for my employees weekly and this app has few great features. Coping, modifying and automatically feeling schedules are only few of them.

Cons: Constantly changing the format. Right after I'm used to one they changing it again.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/18
Waitress
Food & Beverages, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"Shift Swap Simple"

Comments: Overall, every restaurant should seriously look into an app like HotSchedules. It saves time and stress on all, avoiding hand written notes that get lost.

Pros: Hotschedules was introduced to the restaurant a few years ago, and it saved so much stress! Employees were able to switch shifts, request time off, and view schedules so easily!!

Cons: The only con is user error or awaiting on a manager to accept the requests that are sent in. If they are not in the office, they cannot see the requests to accept or deny resulting in the employee calling to confirm the action requested.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Jess H.
Executive Administrator
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/29

"Extremely helpful!"

Comments: I would highly recommend. It is easy to set up and is user friendly for all ages. Since it helps with scheduling, dropping shifts and picking up shifts, our Managers are able to focus more of their time on other aspects of the business.

Pros: The ability to save a template for a weekly schedule. At our job we put a schedule out on a weekly basis and we don't have to start from scratch every week. It used to take use 5 hours to do the schedule and now it takes us 1 hour. A huge lifesaver!

Cons: The look of the software feels a tad outdate. Though that is not a huge deal, it tends to have unnecessary pop-ups or "menu" buttons. However, not enough of a con to ever have me consider using a different product.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/29
Alison I.
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/02

"No customer service"

Comments: I really liked the services even though it was expensive. It was very user friendly. The customer care and accounting departments made my experience a bad one.

Pros: I like the functionality of the software

Cons: I am so disappointed in the customer care. hotschedules continues to charge me after I request to suspend services. I have contacted them 8 times over this and my account was drafted numerous times after cancelation. Everyone I speak to says they do not have the authority or ability to refund me or suspend or cancel my account.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/02
Alexa G.
Accounts Payable
501-1 000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15

"HotSchedules is a great way to keep track of your work week!"

Comments: I used HotSchedules for two years while serving and loved the idea where you can swap, add and release shifts if desired.

Pros: I like that you can see your schedule for the week laid out in one spreadsheet. I also like that it gives you the option to do group messages with all of your coworkers and swap shifts if needed. This software offers a lot for your work scheduling and helps you stay organized and be flexible when you need to be.

Cons: I do not like that you have to pay for the app. I also do not like how hard it is to find someone's contact on the app and then be able to copy something like an email address or phone number. I wish HotSchedules also had a better notifications system in place.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Connor W.
General Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/02

"HotSchedules does a great job at presenting all your scheduling/reporting data at a quick glance."

Pros: A couple things that I really enjoy about HotSchedules is the reporting and future forecasting functions. You can also teach HotSchedules how to auto-schedule based off of those patterns from previously scheduled weeks. It is pretty user-friendly and when you launch for the first time - you have plenty of help. They give you a contact to assist you and provide plenty of step-by-step tutorials for all of the included functions of the software. They also give you styling options for how you would like to view and edit the schedules. The reporting data is quickly accessible and can be pulled from a large range of dates (this helps with payroll verification).

Cons: HotSchedules, at times, can be a little buggy. There have been instances where I have completed a full schedule and upon saving my data, it would revert to the previous schedule before the changes had been added. This can be a tad frustrating when trying to crank out schedules quickly.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/02
Michael B.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/25

"Hot Schedules is easy to use and they have great customer support."

Comments: The opportunity to review a company that I use everyday. This is a more professional way of reviewing a company to help them to know what they are doing right and to possibly fix what they are doing wrong.

Pros: Ease of scheduling . We use the messaging every night to update all on how the day went. If there are any questions their customer support is easy to get a hold of and the problem has been fixed before hanging up. We like employees hour's tracking to keep everyone at or below 40 hours a week.

Cons: I don't like having to sign in everytime I want to use it. We would like to connect this to our POS system to have other tracking capabilities but there are additional fees for that.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/25
Heather S.
Server
Food & Beverages, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/07

"User Friendliness"

Comments: The manager cant change the schedual, not tell you then say its always been this way. Love that!!

Pros: Its super easy to get new schedules and the managers know we have seen them. Also we can trade, drop and pick up shifts as needed. Overtime is already tracked so accepting a new shift is fine as long as the dining room is covered. I like that I can see my paycheck too great way to budget.

Cons: The app is 2.99 ok not a lot but without tje team app why should staff pay for an app the company is already paying for?

• Reviewed on 2020/03/07
Banquet/Catering Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/18

"This program was easy to learn and very user friendly."

Comments: The benefits that I get from this software are being able to put out a schedule in real time and get it to my employees in an effective way. It also benefits my employees because they are able to use it and make changes to their schedule if needed. The alerts are great!

Pros: What I like most about this software is that you can send your employees messages and post schedules that will go directly to their e-mail and/or text.

Cons: What I like least about this software is that it sometimes will glitch when I'm in the middle of a schedule and then I will have to go back and redo the entire thing.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Trainer
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/10

"Not so stressful scheduling"

Comments: Everything is in one spot which makes my day a little easier and my desk less cluttered. Easy to address questions and concerns from employee's.

Pros: This app makes it very easy to check your schedule at anytime. Makes requesting time off or switching a shift with another employee easy as well. Far from time consuming and easy navigation around the app. Your schedule is with you where ever you go!

Cons: Having to pay $2.99 for the app is pretty much everyone's only dislike about this app.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/10
Ben A.
GM
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/03

"Hot schedules"

Comments: Customer service is good. Not a fan of them implementing new things like “rate your shift” which nobody used. They made me contact one of the owners to turn this feature off. That was ridiculous.

Pros: The software itself is easy to navigate. The customer support is good and quick to access. Generally solve my issues quickly.

Cons: The actual scheduling of employees is difficult, I have to write the schedule down on paper EVERY week so I can truly see what the schedule looks like.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/03
Larissa E.
Server and Associate Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/24

"I've used Hotschedules many many years with restaurant jobs."

Comments: It made it extremely easy to keep up with work schedule.

Pros: I love the convenience and ease of the app. With Hotschedules, you can easily pick up and release shifts. Also as an associate manager I used many other functions such as the logbook. Everything is just really easy to view. I also love having everyone's contact information in one place.

Cons: No complaints about Hotschedules! I think for restaurants, it is the best scheduling tool out there!

• Reviewed on 2018/05/24
server
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/24

"Easy if everyone uses it! ha!"

Pros: I like the ability to have everything in one place for all employees. I have used this as a server and as a manager and as a manager, being able to see what everyone needs and organize the schedules all in one place is the highlight here. And it allows you to separate different schedules, like server and manager schedules, etc.

Cons: There are some glitches sometimes, it's slow and doesn't always load on my phone. And other people have complained about this as well. I suppose some of the functions could be easier and a little more user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/24
Amy M.
Educator
Government Administration, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/20

"Helpful in emergencies"

Comments: This was a great software to use. After having to call-in shift changes and wait on hold for managers for years in restaurant work, this software and its app is a great gift. I also don't have to physically go to the restaurant to see my new schedule when it comes out!

Pros: I liked most how "shift-swapping" at my restaurant became very simple. I could easily release my shift on my phone app and people would pick it up or if I needed it quick I could message people on the app or call them on my phone. They could easily pick up the shift through their phone app and no need bothering a manager as a go-between. The manager does need to approve the shift, but it is simply done and after I've already got it covered :)
I liked how I can change my settings to receive email alerts or not.

Cons: I did not have any problems with this software.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/20
Ayaz M.
Director Of Operations
Restaurants, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/25

"One of best Scheduling Systems on the Market"

Comments: Worked with it for several years. They are constantly evolving to meet the industry needs. Love the fact that I do not have to have several calls just to approve a shift change. It's all done on line and just a click away. A real time saver.

Pros: The variety of options available and the ease of multiple users accessibility. Also very user friendly for the staff.

Cons: A bit complicated for entry level managers

• Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Adrianna V.
AGM of F&B
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/01

"Hotschedules review"

Comments: Its super helpful with mapping weekly schedules and for staff communication. Ease of use could be improved and the app should be free.

Pros: Customiable roles per employee.
That the software does not delete terminated employees from the system.

Cons: It can be glitchy and does not always update in real time when multiple administrators are using.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/01
Jason C.
D.O.
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/10

"All in one restaurant management solutions"

Comments: It has been a great asset to have for our operations teams.

Pros: Love the scheduler, the hiring platform, the redbook shift log notes. All in all a superior product that is constantly getting better and evolving.

Cons: I have used this software for over 10 years. It is a great solution to almost every restaurant need.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/10
Breez A.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/03

"Great tool for scheduling!"

Comments: Before hot schedules we were just making the schedule on an excel sheet and all the employees would give us their requests for time off on a sticky note but now with hot schedules it makes it so much easier to write the schedule and to view peoples time off request. It is also a great tool for the employees to release or pick up their shifts and seeing who will be working that day. It has made things much easier for everyone and since the majority of people have smart phones they can easily access their schedule.

Pros: -Very convenient
-Easy to use
-Decent price
- Takes all information from Aloha so that you do not have to enter new employees multiple times

Cons: -If you terminate an employee it will come back as an active employee unless you also terminate them on Aloha

by HotSchedules on 2017/02/21

Breez,

We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently.

If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page!

Happy Scheduling!

• Reviewed on 2017/02/03
Laura R.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"I use the software and mobile application daily. It is very useful for scheduling and tracking labor"

Comments: Maintimg schedules, communication between team members, tracking labor and sales goals.

Pros: Ease of use. It is very user friendly. It is updated regularly and offers training applications to instruct on new updates

Cons: It often freezes or becomes unresponsive at random times of the day. The house shift option is also very touchy.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/15
Alainna B.
Student Organization Officer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/26

"HotSchedules eliminates any excuse for missing shifts!"

Comments: HotSchedules is the only scheduling software I've seen that meets the needs of the many workplaces I've been a part of!

Pros: I have found that HotSchedules solves the ever-present problem in any workplace: "I didn't know I was scheduled!" Even when employees swap shifts or take another employee's shift, the software shows them that they maintain ownership of their originally assigned shifts until manager approval.

Cons: The fact that users have to pay to download the app on their smartphones is challenging. Although the workplace pays for the software, employees have to pay to get the software on their cellphones. This problem is compounded by the fact that the website doesn't have a very interactive design, much unlike the app, so employees often have to get the app to have a decent experience using HotSchedules.

by HotSchedules on 2019/04/03

Thank you for the review Alainna, really appreciate you taking the time. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care with any questions or issues you may have down the road.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Bethany T.
Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/27

"Easy to use scheduling app"

Pros: This app allows you to easily see your schedule, communicate with staff, and request time off. You can see who else is working as well which is good.

Cons: The notifications can be obnoxious and frequent whenever there is a change. Overall it was a good program

• Reviewed on 2018/07/27
Fernando G.
Systems Administrator
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/01

"Hotschedules is a must have tool for any restaurant operation"

Comments: We manage 5 restaurants, hotschedules is extremely important to our operation. It integrates with our POS system and has awesome forecasting and budgeting tools.

by HotSchedules on 2017/02/21

Fernando,

Thank you for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community.

Happy Scheduling!

• Reviewed on 2017/02/01
Chad H.
Restaurants, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/13

"Recent update"

Pros: This program was very easy to use from day one. Yet the most recent update is not as satisfying. The program is still effective but some changes were not necessary.

Cons: As I stated prior the most recent update made the use a bit more complex and not as pleasing to use. I would like to see an update that adds projections to the shift approvals for easier viewing. This would improve the decision making process.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/13
Information and Event Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"Makes scheduling convenient"

Comments: Beneficial how we can track employee hours and easily send notices to all employees at once, or based on employee job title.

Pros: It makes scheduling a great number of employees all with different availability easy since they can set their own availability and put in time off requests on their own.

Cons: The app can crash sometimes, and can be expensive for some. Some of the features can be overwhelming and lead to useful features getting ignored.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Joy B.
general manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/25

"Hotschedules is the best scheduling system I have ever worked with."

Pros: Hotschedules integrates with our POS making budgeting labor dollars a breeze. We also like the functionality of the log book.

Cons: There is a lag when switching between schedules which is troublesome at times but other than that I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/25