• Overall
    4,2 /5
    4,1 /5

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Rita M.
Activities Supervisor
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/18

"Daily User in Supervisory position"

Comments: I have relied on this software to help me manage payroll hours, track attendance and benefits without a single issue in the 2+ years I have been using it. It is truly worth the investment for any firm of any size.

Pros: This is quite a time-saver for management in that there are so many features for helping maintain payroll and attendance functions. It is one of the most reliable systems I have ever used.

Cons: There is some lag time between when a new associate is hired and when they are enrolled which I think is not software related, mostly our HR department's issue. Other than that, no other complaints.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/18
Megan S.
HR Supervisor
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!"

Comments: We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros: There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons: We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/26
Elizabeth G.
HR Manger
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/19

"Great mid sized HRIS system"

Comments: Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros: The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons: Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/19
Jeanne B.
HR Manager
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/27

"UltiPro is a great investment"

Comments: We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros: Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing.
Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved.
A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates.
Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms.
In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically.
And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons: This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/27
Nathan B.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/29

"UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information."

Comments: I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros: UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons: I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

by Ultimate Software on 2018/08/02

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 2018/07/29
Recruiter
Broadcast Media, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/31

"It's okay but not the best"

Comments: The biggest benefit of UltiPro is that it is an all in one system that is used by all of HR and also used for our Payroll and Accounting departments. It is easy to be able to sort through all issues across the company through one representative. I also find it is efficient at tracking benefits such as healthcare, sick and vacation leave accruals.

Pros: The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) with UltiPro is the main feature I use in my day to day, and it's just okay. If used as directed it can be a good platform for tracking and collecting applications but unfortunately, my company does not use it properly so to me it seems lackluster for the price. The reporting functions through the core are pretty good and customizable. Overall I would say it is relatively user-friendly and only took me a few days to get navigate the system on my own. I like that you are able to set up shortcuts on your dashboard and see all your accruals on the dashboard.

Cons: My issues with UltiPro mostly stem from my company not properly using it as they should, so overall I like UltiPro. I would suggest they have an option to create tracking links so when a position is posted we can see where each applicant was directed from. Advertising efforts aren't as fruitful when we aren't able to do all the tracking right in the ATS.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Technician, Stagehand
Entertainment, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/03

"Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics"

Comments: My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros: It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons: Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/03
Annette S.
Human Resources
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/14

"We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees"

Comments: Access to all employees HR files

Pros: I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cons: There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/14
Chris T.
Infrastructure Manager
Mental Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"Solid, robust application"

Comments: We are able to centrally manage almost all aspects of employees through this powerful application, virtually eliminating the need for spreadsheets and other documents used to track employees.

Pros: The true value in UltiPro is in the powerful IBM Cognos Business Intelligence reporting system which provides powerful reporting metrics on almost anything you could imagine. There are many out of the box reports pre-configured and you can build your own to meet your individual customized business needs. It's highly reliable and customer support is great.

Cons: The application has limited flexibility in some areas which makes going 100% paperless difficult. It lacks some if this then that type situations which would greatly improve functionality.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/14
Brian M.
Seafood Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/18

"Ultipro a huge success"

Comments: I have been working with Ultipro programming for the past 4 years and I've never personally never had an issue other than trying to access the top bar options such as w-2, direct deposit info, profile

Pros: It gives you a breakdown of your paycheck, accrued time off, vacation, benefits etc.
Easy access once you have your login info

Cons: Sometimes hard to access the top bar options w-2 and such.
Cant change any info on it unless its through HR

• Reviewed on 2019/07/18
Leslie O.
Administrative Assistant
Accounting, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/01

"UltiPro - Utilitarian, but Useful"

Comments: I've used UltiPro at several jobs, and have had generally positive experience with it. It's a 'one stop shop' for information related to human resources, be it related to ones insurance, pay, PTO, etc. It's a no-frills information program that gives you everything you need.

Pros: UltiPro easily presents you with information about payroll, tax information, retirement contributions, vacation time, insurance information, and pretty much any other human resource information necessary at one glance.

Cons: The password process is cumbersome. It seems like every time I log into UltiPro, I have to regenerate my password, and it's a multistep process.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/01
Tom K.
Studio Supervisor
Broadcast Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"Lots of info available and flexible."

Comments: My experience is as a generic user. I don't need all that this software is capable of, and don't use every feature. I believe some features were not implemented, so clicking on certain things doesn't do anything, which is frustrating when trying to do a simple thing like see your vacation totals. MOST annoying is having to change my password every couple of months. Why? And you can't reuse any passwords. Maybe these things are customized.

Pros: Lots of info at my fingertips. Can make changes to my personal info without bothering HR staff. Able to see current paystubs, past, and vacation info at any time of day, and it's updated at least every week. A very complex, but complete application as far as I can see. But that doesn't always make it easy to use.

Cons: Slow to use. Hard to navigate and find what I want. Things are not laid out logically. Abbreviations and terms are cryptic and illogical. They may make sense to the designer, but not to the rest of us. I suppose most of these function are custom, so perhaps the software company should not be blamed. Clicking on some tabs or buttons opens a blank page or folder. Overall, it takes way too long to find things and use the software. It takes 4 or 5 mouse clicks just to print a paystub, for instance. And there's no way to print a range of them. If there are shortcuts to these types of things, they are not obvious or shown.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/07
Jeremie G.
Lead Document Specialist and Proofreader
Legal Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/26

"Gets the job done"

Comments: I used it every day for four years and I got used to it. Despite how used to it I was, it still gave me issues with small things like PTO requests. That being said, they also made some helpful updates that made life easier. Before the updates, it would allow me to clock on or off twice by mistake, but after the updates it gave a warning saying "you've already clocked on" if you tried to clock on again. Nifty.

Pros: I like that it's easy to use and I can favorite certain items to keep on my dashboard for easy clicking.

Cons: Submitting Paid Time Off requests was a nightmare. It often times messed up what I was trying to do, and it almost always gave some sort of error.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/26
Jason L.
Credit Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/05

"Great Customizability / UI Improvements"

Comments: Great features, not very pretty to look at. The layout of the time card sheet is also very obtuse, making it hard to review previous time punches.

Pros: I like the fact that the UltiPro platform can be customized to fit our company's needs. We are a small startup in the transition to growing into a high yield financial company. We just on boarded 150 people in the last few months. We needed something to handle the live-time clocking in and out of employees. So this feature, among housing a live corporate directory, has proven to be easily implemented.

Cons: The layout of the menu. There is a lot of unused white space on the web app. When looking for the time clock I have to navigate through two sub menus.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/05
Travis T.
Strategy Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/13

"Best HR solution I have used"

Comments: Having used several competitors in this space, Ultipro provided a clear advantage in terms of simplicity, functionality & overall value. I (hopefully) will never have to use another.

Pros: elegant design; tasks are easy to complete and due to minimal unnecessary steps. Customer service to this point has been impeccable, especially for such a big player in the space

Cons: same complaint I have with all solutions of this kind: too many unnecessary steps. Ultipro (like all others) could be simplified and streamlined.

by Ultimate Software on 2017/04/27

Hi Travis, Thank you for providing us with feedback. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. We appreciate the kind words you shared. Have a great day!

Micole Kaye, Ultimate Software

• Reviewed on 2017/04/13
Nicole B.
Sr Global Payroll Manager
Computer & Network Security, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"UKG falls short of expectations"

Comments: If you are a small company (200 or less) and do not need to make corrections for employees who should not have had pretax benefits, FICA taxes withheld, anything else that requires a void and reissue of a check, and or an amendment, you will love this system. Unfortunately, UKG needs serious help with the tax filing team and a complete makeover with adjustments. While they have improved pieces of this over the years, they need the ability to process quarter-to-dat adjustments rather than one check at a time! Also, they do not have a YTD payroll register with employee and employer taxes. (employee only, however you can have their product team create this for 5K.)

Pros: I like the ease of process payroll, retros, off-cycles and manual checks.

Cons: If you are a tax filing customer, UKG must set up taxes and they do not always do it correctly, the tax filing team is extremely far behind when it comes to processing simple amended returns (1 yr 1/2+), they still require each check to be voided and reposted, which is archaic and causes banking issues and most their Rapid Response Team are not knowledgeable and obviously not trained well. I have always had high hopes that things would improve with UKG, but they are not keeping up with the technology needed to improve their processes. They need to offer the ability to adjustment wages/deductions for employees by quarter.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Karya W.
Purchasing
Consumer Electronics, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/27

"Ulti-Pro"

Comments: Very easy to use. If I have questions, I forward them to our HR dept, who I'm assuming deals with UltiPro directly.

Pros: I like Ulti-Pro since it is our means of getting paid. It's very easy to use, and I'm able to make adjustments (if needed). I'm also able to submit vacation requests, time off requests, which is then sent electronically to my boss for approval. Very simple and works efficiently. We are now able to see the amount our paycheck will be ,in regards to the amount of hours we have worked.

Cons: I don't have any issues. It is very straightforward and easy to navigate through.

by Ultimate Software on 2018/10/18

Hi Karya, thanks for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our self-service features! We hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 2018/09/27
John andrew C.
Marketing associate
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/15

"We use ultipro primarily for our semi annual Self assessment appraisal program."

Pros: Ultipro is easily customizable depending on what discovery questions you need. It can be Parameter specific and can be tailored to cater different line of businesses and departments. It can accommodate a huge organization. We have 2,000 employees under our department alone. And our operation spans over 5 major cities. If we are talking about a large scale operation, the system can handle it without a doubt.

Cons: The actual process of customizing the program is not handled by our department. I'm at the receiving end of the process, but i can see the work that you need to put into this to establish that point of discovery per department. So the more department you have, the more work you have to put in. Which is totally understandable.

by Ultimate Software on 2018/07/26

Hi John Andrew, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. We hope you have a great day!

• Reviewed on 2018/07/15
Colleen E.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/13

"Easy to Use, Good Customer Support"

Pros: UltiPro is very easy to use and accessible from every web browser. It has many options to 'turn on' for administrators and employees find their view very easy to navigate. When I've needed to contact customer support, they have been help. There is a useful tool called the 'Learning Center' that answers many trouble shooting questions people have had in the past.

Cons: In the 'Recruitment Gateway' (ATS portion), it can be tedious to manually forward each candidate to the a hiring manager. It would be very helpful if there were an option to select multiple candidates to forward on to a hiring manager.
Additionally, the app version of UltiPro is very limited. We have not turned on this feature, as the customization options are (currently) extremely limited.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/13
Christian M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Love Ultipro"

Comments: Overall, Ultipro has met our needs. Easy for employees to track their time and PTO hours. Links with needed training updates to get employees up to date.

Pros: I like that it's easy to navigate most areas. I can save my favorite links and easily get to where I need.

Cons: Not many negatives to speak of. When employees punch in and punch out, sometimes there can be confusion, but that's easily fixed with call to an administrator.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/24
Kevin R.
HRIS & Analytics Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/01

"UltiPro is simple to use and features engage employees"

Pros: UltiPro's core system is easy to set up and process benefits, payroll and HR transactions. The new modules for Recruitment, Onboarding, Perceptions and Learning have a look a feel that really engage your employees. Employee self service gives the power to employees and manager self service empowers your leadership teams.

Cons: The ability to import into the business rules can be frustrating at times, however Ultimate is working on building more importing capabilities.

by Ultimate Software on 2017/06/08

HI Kevin, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear your organization sees us as a valuable asset. Have a great day!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/01
Lisa S.
Recruitment Administrator
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17

"UltiPro"

Pros: -Easy to use
-Integrates with onboarding and our core system
-Updates add necessary features
-Communication and email features work seamlessly with applicants
-Applicants can add references to their profile

Cons: -More features still needed, cross-boarding for hiring internal candidates
-Customer service often give response of "known issue" and often feels like there isn't a person to speak with
-Candidates often complain that they can't import their Presence into applications and takes time to complete for each application.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/17
Terria S.
kindergarten teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/28

"Payroll"

Comments: It software did not do the best job in my opinion concerning all of the aspects that a payroll company should offer its clients.

Pros: I liked the fact that I was able to access my payroll statements, request time off, and view my W2.

Cons: This software at times displayed the incorrect number of days off. I have known coworkers to be paid the incorrect wage. I also did not like when we first began using the software it was very easy to be get locked out of the program and difficult in the beginning to access the account if you where locked out.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/28