• Overall

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Leah G.
MSRII
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/21

"UKG Pro Review"

Comments: UKG pro allows you to clock into work form remote locations, check your time sheet and schedule from home and even request time of at anytime of the day. this really brings your workforce into the 21st century!

Pros: UKG Pro is very versatile, easy to access, and even easier to use as a daily tool in the workplace for both employers and employees.

Cons: there really isn't much to not like about UKG Pro, as an user and not an administrator I am sure there's many more tools and option I don't know of but it has always worked correctly for me.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/21
Anita J.
HR Specialist
Restaurants, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/01

"Review"

Comments: Overall, am satisfied.

Pros: Visual appeal
Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7!
Highly customizable

Cons: Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par. There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

• Reviewed on 2019/07/01
Chris T.
Infrastructure Manager
Mental Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees

"Solid, robust application"

Comments: We are able to centrally manage almost all aspects of employees through this powerful application, virtually eliminating the need for spreadsheets and other documents used to track employees.

Pros: The true value in UltiPro is in the powerful IBM Cognos Business Intelligence reporting system which provides powerful reporting metrics on almost anything you could imagine. There are many out of the box reports pre-configured and you can build your own to meet your individual customized business needs. It's highly reliable and customer support is great.

Cons: The application has limited flexibility in some areas which makes going 100% paperless difficult. It lacks some if this then that type situations which would greatly improve functionality.

Ashley T.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"Paperless system"

Comments: UltiPro has completely changed to the way we as a company perform. Everything is more streamlined and allows us to track the progress electronically versus attempting to reach out via phone. The system has allowed us a company to move forward with a paperless movement.

Pros: We converted to this system in January 2016 and were 100% paper. Two years later and we are almost 100% paperless. This system has a number of resources that allow you to structure your organization.

Cons: The overall conversion process was confusing because we were coming into a system that was already setup. The integration team assumed that we knew everything about the system and several functions were setup incorrectly. However, after they were found it was fairly simple to fix.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02
Jazmine F.
Sales Admin
Human Resources, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/24

"UltiPro has been amazing!"

Comments: I really enjoy using UltiPro! It is easy to use, if I need help I get it fast, and all my information is in one place!

Pros: UltiPro makes it easy to track your employment, employee information, income, T4, and a whole lot more. This makes it easy to do most things yourself like printing your payslips, changing your address, etc. This software is secure and navigation around the site is extremely user friendly. I have never had such access to my employment records before it has been so beneficial. Another thing that has been amazing is the customer service. It is always fast and efficient.

Cons: having to put in a code every time you log in can be a little annoying but I know it is for the safety of my information. There is an option to pause the codes on the device you are using for 30 days which is helpful!

• Reviewed on 2020/03/24
Tom K.
Studio Supervisor
Broadcast Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"Lots of info available and flexible."

Comments: My experience is as a generic user. I don't need all that this software is capable of, and don't use every feature. I believe some features were not implemented, so clicking on certain things doesn't do anything, which is frustrating when trying to do a simple thing like see your vacation totals. MOST annoying is having to change my password every couple of months. Why? And you can't reuse any passwords. Maybe these things are customized.

Pros: Lots of info at my fingertips. Can make changes to my personal info without bothering HR staff. Able to see current paystubs, past, and vacation info at any time of day, and it's updated at least every week. A very complex, but complete application as far as I can see. But that doesn't always make it easy to use.

Cons: Slow to use. Hard to navigate and find what I want. Things are not laid out logically. Abbreviations and terms are cryptic and illogical. They may make sense to the designer, but not to the rest of us. I suppose most of these function are custom, so perhaps the software company should not be blamed. Clicking on some tabs or buttons opens a blank page or folder. Overall, it takes way too long to find things and use the software. It takes 4 or 5 mouse clicks just to print a paystub, for instance. And there's no way to print a range of them. If there are shortcuts to these types of things, they are not obvious or shown.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/07
Travis T.
Strategy Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/13

"Best HR solution I have used"

Comments: Having used several competitors in this space, Ultipro provided a clear advantage in terms of simplicity, functionality & overall value. I (hopefully) will never have to use another.

Pros: elegant design; tasks are easy to complete and due to minimal unnecessary steps. Customer service to this point has been impeccable, especially for such a big player in the space

Cons: same complaint I have with all solutions of this kind: too many unnecessary steps. Ultipro (like all others) could be simplified and streamlined.

by Ultimate Software on 2017/04/27

Hi Travis, Thank you for providing us with feedback. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. We appreciate the kind words you shared. Have a great day!

Micole Kaye, Ultimate Software

• Reviewed on 2017/04/13
Jeremie G.
Lead Document Specialist and Proofreader
Legal Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/26

"Gets the job done"

Comments: I used it every day for four years and I got used to it. Despite how used to it I was, it still gave me issues with small things like PTO requests. That being said, they also made some helpful updates that made life easier. Before the updates, it would allow me to clock on or off twice by mistake, but after the updates it gave a warning saying "you've already clocked on" if you tried to clock on again. Nifty.

Pros: I like that it's easy to use and I can favorite certain items to keep on my dashboard for easy clicking.

Cons: Submitting Paid Time Off requests was a nightmare. It often times messed up what I was trying to do, and it almost always gave some sort of error.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/26
Felicia D.
Senior HR Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"Ultipro is a great Platform!"

Comments: Ultipro is an awesome product and Ultimate software is a great company. They want to provide a great customer experience. It is nice they also have so many partners you can work with to ensure all your systems are integrated.

Pros: Ultipro offers a comprehensive range of products. They stay are constantly working to improve or change their system as needed with changes in laws or customer needs. It is easy to use. You can customize it.

Cons: The Business Intelligence is good but you have to be knowledgeable to really use it other than running basic reports.

Ethan G.
pharmacist
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/07

"Decent Employee Management Software"

Comments: I use Ultipro as an employee to manage my personal info and view compensation for which it works well. Some tasks take more steps than they could and sometimes contain important buttons that are not immediately obvious, the functionality is overall intuitive for most individuals.

Pros: Ultipro packs in a lot of useful information into a relatively simple design that allows access to many features from a small webpage footprint. Virtually all information can be accessed from the main menu which makes navigation very concise. Additionally access to the recently visited menu makes viewing commonly used pages easy to find.

Cons: When using Ultipro for the first time, it takes a bit of orienting to find the tabs the user is looking for. Most links are found in the main menu which requires opening and moving past the default favorites tab to access the links. While making the favorites tab the first may seem intuitive, the relatively small amount of links in the "myself" menu makes it confusing to users at first. Ultipro also seems to allow quite a lot of customization from the company operating the application which can leave it feeling barren or overly simple but still functional.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/07
Kerron M.
Sales & Service Training Specialist
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/29

"Lots of Options Available, Including Employee Personalization"

Comments: I like its versatility, but the app is clunky. The way we use it is simple, and I wish we could implement more features that Ultipro offers. It's also widely enough used that occasionally new hires will have used it previously.

Pros: When you first log in, you can go to your own, personalized dashboard. To set this up, the employee "favorites" the categories they want to show on their dashboard. I work where we only use this for time entry, and it's set up the way we like to report time. There are options for a "clock-in/clock-out" timesheet as well. We simply enter the hours and pick a category to which our time gets allotted. (jobs, projects, pay type such as PTO, Work from Home, Company Meetings, etc). This way, the company can track the way each employee's time is being used.

Cons: There are many options we don't use and they still show in the menu, making it a little confusing for onboarding. Although clocking time away from a computer is convenient, the app is a little clunky when it comes to this. It's much easier on the computer. I wish the app were more intuitive and fluid.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/29
Lori H.
AVP, Human Resources
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/08

"User friendly, integrated system"

Comments: Many - ease of use, access to consolidated info.

Pros: integration between platforms; user friendly/intuitive; invest back in customer development through workshops, etc. Good training.

Cons: Some limitations requiring expensive custom fixes. It is not cheap, but it is also a quality product

by Ultimate Software on 2017/11/09

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. I just wanted to let you know I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a great day!

• Reviewed on 2017/11/08
Jason M.
Maintenance Planner
Mining & Metals, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/26

"Ultipro Review"

Comments: Other than no autosave in certain situations, I have no issues.

Pros: Ultipro is relatively easy to go to one selection to another. The programs allows me to view my pay to the amount of hours I have of PTO. Its great to have everything together in program.

Cons: When writing reviews and leaving the program idle for a certain period of time, the program will close and you will lose any data that wasn't saved.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/26
Human Resources Business Partner
Law Practice, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/30

"Basic HR database that isn't very user friendly, robust or customizable."

Comments: It works well as a database when your enter data into it and it doesn't do much more.

Pros: There is some interesting core functionality but, overall, the product isn't very user-friendly or intuitive, compared to social media tools and enterprise level software like Workday. There are a lot of software limitations as it appears that the tool has multiple separate modules that don't necessarily communicate well with each other, nor is the implementation team familiar with how to best optimize each tool. If you're looking for a basic HR database, where folks input or enter data manually, this might be for you. If you're looking for a robust and intelligent system that can be customized to adapt to employees' needs, this likely isn't the right fit.

Cons: The implementation team and support is poor to say the least. Rather than taking a solution-focused approach, where they could help you best utilize the tool and maximize its impact, they simply have you answer a laundry list of questions and they program the tool based on your answers. In my experience, the tool is not incredibly easy to use, not very flexible and, should you need to make modifications, you'll be struggling to do so with the implementation/service team.

by Ultimate Software on 2018/05/01

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to work with you to see if we can improve your experience with us. If you're interested in my assistance, please email [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/30
Human Resources Business Partner
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/19

"I used UltiPro as an HR Generalist, and the software is great!"

Pros: Online portal is easy to navigate and use for self service, and the reporting capabilities are phenomenal. Excel based customizable reports for almost anything.

Cons: Back office is a little bit clunky to use when first learning, but after getting used to it, it's not an issue.

by Ultimate Software on 2018/04/20

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed leveraging UltiPro. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Junior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"Great application that handles all HR needs!"

Pros: Great application that can handle payroll, documents, review processing, and benefits selection. Easy to use and can handle any number of users across any size business.

Cons: Difficulty to find things sometimes. Could be the way it is set up for my company. Wish I could set up my dashboard the way I want it to look instead of a single dashboard view for the entire company.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Jan F.
Packaging & Containers, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/19

"Keeps Track of EVERYTHING"

Pros: I love that fact that this is a one-stop software that can keep track of everything I need for myself for work (Ex: Time cards, Reviews, PTO and Pay Stubs). I can access it on a daily basis and it's up-to-date.

Cons: The thing I like least about this software is that I can't use it for my personal use. I would love this to hold all my important documents from home.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/19
Terria S.
kindergarten teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/28

"Payroll"

Comments: It software did not do the best job in my opinion concerning all of the aspects that a payroll company should offer its clients.

Pros: I liked the fact that I was able to access my payroll statements, request time off, and view my W2.

Cons: This software at times displayed the incorrect number of days off. I have known coworkers to be paid the incorrect wage. I also did not like when we first began using the software it was very easy to be get locked out of the program and difficult in the beginning to access the account if you where locked out.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/28
Timothy G.
Safety and Fleet Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/17

"Great Payroll and PTO Tracker"

Comments: Great for tracking my employee hours and my own PTO/ pay.

Pros: You can access your payroll info, attendance/ hours, and request or view PTO all within this application.

Cons: Some of the benefits are hidden under a couple of drop downs and I would like a prominent button on the homepage for them.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/17
Robert O.
Operations
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/24

"Ultipro review"

Comments: I use it everyday to administer payroll and timesheets

Pros: I like the ease of access and that it connects to TurboTax which makes it easier for my employees to do theirs

Cons: Password reset it seems to not allow employees to reset their password which can be frustrating for admins

• Reviewed on 2020/09/24
Paige R.
Global Learning & Development Specialist
Management Consulting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/19

"LMS Administrator UKG Pro Review"

Pros: It is very easy to upload training and categorize things the way you want. There are a lot of customization options for how you want training, and employees set up in the system.

Cons: Troubleshooting LMS issues can sometimes be challenging and take longer than expected. The LMS Enthusiasts group in the UKG Community is a great resource for when quick solutions are needed though!

• Reviewed on 2021/07/19
Ashley T.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/31

"Performance Evaluations"

Pros: We utilized the Performance Management piece company wide last year. The evaluation was very easy to setup. We pushed the evaluation out to employees based on their job title.

Cons: The one issue that we have found is that the supervisor is not updated when someone leaves the company. You have to manually update the employees that were assigned to that supervisor.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/31
Jasmine G.
Talent Acquisition Partner
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/19

"Gets the job done"

Pros: I like how inclusive Ulti is in allowing everything to be in one system

Cons: I wish it functioned more as a true ATS system and was easy to add and search for recruiting.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/19
Legal Practice Assistant
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/06

"Very user-friendly"

Pros: I like how user-friendly this software is. I also enjoy that you can personalize it to fit your needs.

Cons: What I like least about this software is how long it takes to "record" a punch on the time clock. I also don't like that I have to remember to submit my time at the end of a pay period. It is easy to forget this.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/06
Donna T.
Administrative assistant
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/19

"Very user friendly!"

Pros: Very easy to use, pull up past stubs to print out, and check your times in and out.

Cons: Nothing that I can honestly think of. Haven’t had any problems!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/19