Filter by:

• Overall

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Lee W.
HR Director
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"Review of UltiPro HRIS"

Comments: UltiPro allowed us to eliminated many tedious and time-consuming processes, streamlining them that improved efficiency - Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, and Performance Management processes have all been greatly enhanced.

Pros: The functionality of the system overall - how each module works with each other, and the fact that I can customize it to my needs myself as we change. The ease of use and training are outstanding!

Cons: Not having the ability to have multiple company codes assigned to an employee who may be paid different rates in different company codes, but it does not impact a lot of employees and there is a work-around.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/14
Nathan B.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/29

"UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information."

Comments: I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros: UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons: I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

by Ultimate Software on 2018/08/02

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 2018/07/29
Cheri M.
Sr HRIS Analyst
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/20

"Sr HRIS Analyst"

Comments: For the most part positive.
For me the pain points are service. Responses seem to be worse since the merger with Kronos. I am not sure why we cannot get some type of response within a 48 hour period. I sometimes have to send this to our account rep before getting some type of response.

Pros: Fairly easy after you get familiar with the product

Cons: Fall and Spring releases I struggle with getting all of the features turned on or setup and the turnaround time seems to be aggressive.
BI reporting is a struggle especially when the info requires joins not always easy to know when to do so.
Cases and service requests - in some areas you want the customer to own their own data and processes and in some cases such as service requests and cases you do not and we have to wait and wait and wait and wait for assistance.

• Reviewed on 2021/09/20
Matthew S.
Matthew S.
Designer
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"This software has the potential to be epic"

Comments: Here’s a scenario: UltiPro shows an announcement for Open Enrollment and a link to read more (from another website, for some reason). Some of those elections can be made in UltiPro, which is brilliant because I don’t have to learn how to use a whole new system. But, for no good reason, there are tutorials on how to use the software within the software. Wouldn’t it take less time/resources to make the software usable than to make a video about how to use the software? I still think this software could dominate the world (in a good way, that is) because it has a good grip on centralizing the features and minimizing the need to use other software for similar features (except, in our case, to read more about Open Enrollment).

Pros: I like having a centralized hub for everything from Time Management and HSA contribution modifications to company announcements. This software allows for pretty good customization and is not something that is an out of the box solution.

Cons: Some features are used more than others, and the “others” aren’t necessarily able to be removed. I also am not sure that a scaled down version makes sense for the mobile app. I think it is predictable that a scaled down version would be a good solution, but removing features for a mobile app seems a bit lazy. It would be better if the mobile app had the same features, just redesigned for a mobile experience. For example: While I may not expect to change my HSA contributions from the mobile app, I should at least be able to see my time off requests and approvals.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Barbara C.
payroll Administrator
Government Relations, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/08

"Bang for your buck"

Comments: I feel my experience has been very positive.

Pros: Reporting capabilities. Variety of reports available and fit every need

Cons: Case system. I find it very time consuming. Fill out information then wait to hear back, then ask for up dates and wait to hear back.

• Reviewed on 2021/09/08
Derek R.
Technician
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/13

"Great benefits selector"

Comments: It is fantastic. I recently became full-time with my employer of 5 1/2yrs and you have to log onto Ultipro for access to your benefits, punch in and out times and other personal things related to my job, you can also change where your direct deposit goes too as well. Very easy to navigate through as well. I'd highly recommend it, and it gives the organizational list of everyone from the top all the way down to lowest and you can send an email or call (which is listed) in case you need to communicate to a higher up manager for an issue you may have or to compliment anyone you've worked with.

Pros: You can easily choose between what benefits you want and no longer want.

Cons: Nothing I can think of. It is fairly easy to use. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for good software for all of your businesses HR needs, etc.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/13
Brian M.
Seafood Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/18

"Ultipro a huge success"

Comments: I have been working with Ultipro programming for the past 4 years and I've never personally never had an issue other than trying to access the top bar options such as w-2, direct deposit info, profile

Pros: It gives you a breakdown of your paycheck, accrued time off, vacation, benefits etc.
Easy access once you have your login info

Cons: Sometimes hard to access the top bar options w-2 and such.
Cant change any info on it unless its through HR

• Reviewed on 2019/07/18
Lauren G.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/19

"Lots of show, not much substance"

Comments: Terrible, you're so frustrated with their system and the employees you talk to don't seem to care, but boy do they love their jobs. Honestly its the strangest thing.

Pros: It looks good at first glance- clean look for employees

Cons: Where do I start: implementation was terrible- their team messed up our data, and we are still dealing with the fall out-example they added taxes on our employees(a whole office) incorrectly, bonuses were doubled etc. Promises of feeds being created never occur- still not done and what has been done is incorrect. Reporting, is a nightmare- so much capability, but impossible to use unless you are a programmer or something (and we are a tech company and I have had programmers look at it and can't figure it out). You call Ultipro and that act like the most basic things you should have to pay extra for to have them do. This is actually my second company I've used Ultipro for (I know how did I do this again) so I am very familiar at this point with the system and it still is very hard to use or remember the pathways to get to things, because it is so convoluted for admins. They added a new time system that is terrible- doesn't show basic things like weekly time totals. Onboarding is a nightmare bc we like to keep track of contractors in the system and they act like they've never heard of such a thing (but like we have this system to get off of spreadsheets right?) Just all around terrible, and its frustrating bc it seems like it could be a great system, they've just spread themselves too thin and while all systems function basically, they don't function fluidly together and a lot of the time you can't report easily on what you've spent so much time getting into the system.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/19
Recruiter
Publishing, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"UltiPro Review"

Comments: UltiPro is used by our entire company. People can view payroll information enroll in health benefits during open enrollment. As a member of the HR team, I use it for employment verification, salary analyis, and much more. The system helps me do my job and become a more efficient HR member.

Pros: The system is user-friendly and easy to navigate. We can also add additional features if we choose to. Great customer service and support.

Cons: I wasn't a big fan of the performance management module. The employee's had some confusion around the process. We only used it once so maybe the second time will be better.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Branch Marketing Coordinator
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"I use this to manage my time card, W2, pay history for my benefits"

Comments: Benefits is that it allows us to become an electronic and we can focus on improving and streamlining processes into the system for tracking/reporting.

Pros: I like the easy to use menu option, the punch in time card is easy to access. Although we use a different software for my benefits, I can still access the link through this software application. It is very clean and easy to read, visually appealing. It also has a "most recently used" drop down menu which is very nice because I usually just use about 3 different tabs within that menu daily and then the rest of the tabs I use maybe once a month.

Cons: The accruals section is a bit confusing to navigate as a user. The customer service works on a case system which is usually always a slow response time.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Heather H.
HR Assistant
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"It's ok..."

Comments: I will say that they customer service is good. Most of the time their rapid response agents are very knowledgeable and helpful, but if you have a big or complicated business need, you have to open a case and wait a week or two for assistance. Also, when it comes to major setup changes, to get assistance, they will charge you thousands. We were considering splitting our sister companies into two separate system setups but they want to charge us at least $6k to do it. It isn't the worst database software out there by any means, but I wouldn't highly recommend it either.

Pros: There is a field for just about anything you could think of in regard to managing your employees, and I appreciate that most everything is customizable to your business.

Cons: The reporting side is ridiculous! It is so complicated and convoluted and not user-friendly in the slightest. It takes months and months of training and practice and making mistake after mistake to figure out the basics of how to build reports. Just finding the correct fields you need for the reports is difficult and then figuring out how to merge or link them is even more difficult.The customer portal is supposed to help but its mostly other users posting what they had trouble with and what solution they came up with. I will say that they are releasing a new version of the reporting side which is supposed to be much more user-friendly and our release was supposed to come a few days ago but got pushed back again. I guess they found other issues.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
Stephanie B.
Director, HR Service Center
Medical Devices, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/27

"Love UltiPro!"

Comments: Have been with UltiPro for 4 years and the overall experience has been great. The support we receive is very good and they continually enhance their product. I also love how they take their customers ideas and make them reality within the software.

Pros: Ease of use and Support is AWESOME! Also like the ideas page where customers can give ideas to enhance their product and everyone can vote on them. Those with high votes usually become reality in the software.

Cons: New reporting is not as user friendly as I would like. Also, not being able to future date Life Events is a huge problem.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/27
occupational therapist
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/23

"Great product for user to management interface"

Comments: Even with the simple issue relating to the benefits, etc., this product is fantastic and user friendly. It mainstreams the entire HR office into a single location along with payroll and allows employees versatility in seeing and printing things like pay stubs, W2s, their personnel info, etc. Definitely reduces HR calls and makes access easier for the employees.

Pros: This allows for single point access to onboarding, payroll, personnel information, and more. Basically, it's HR in a box, and as an employee, it makes sending specific requests for some items as simple as making that request from within the program (name changes, etc.).

Cons: The most frustrating part of the program is in the benefits section because it does things like show beneficiaries but does not allow a user to add, delete, or request to implement a change for them. It also offers no reason why something isn't available to the user (such as out of enrollment window flag or similar). New hires are confused when something simply doesn't work.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/23
Kevin R.
HRIS & Analytics Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/01

"UltiPro is simple to use and features engage employees"

Pros: UltiPro's core system is easy to set up and process benefits, payroll and HR transactions. The new modules for Recruitment, Onboarding, Perceptions and Learning have a look a feel that really engage your employees. Employee self service gives the power to employees and manager self service empowers your leadership teams.

Cons: The ability to import into the business rules can be frustrating at times, however Ultimate is working on building more importing capabilities.

by Ultimate Software on 2017/06/08

HI Kevin, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear your organization sees us as a valuable asset. Have a great day!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/01
Debbie M.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/19

"A Quick Payroll Process"

Comments: Okay, I have been using for 5 years and I still come across issues.

Pros: UltiPro is quick with processing payrolls.

Cons: You can tell there were many different developers.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/19
Shauna G.
Shauna G.
Registered medical assistant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/15

"Ultipro Review"

Comments: I think Ultipro is a great software for companies with more then one office because of the location services attached to the time clock. I also like that I can access it from anywhere because they have an app for mobile, app for PC and a website.

Pros: I like that they have an app and you can use the time clock no matter where you are. It records your location which is great for the company because they know if your at work or not

Cons: Too many tabs are available without a solid explanation on how to or why you could/should change things.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/15
Mary G.
Mary G.
Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Great HR/Payroll Option"

Comments: Great experience for the end-users. Very intuitive UI, easy to find what you need, and the implementation was a very smooth process. Take care when considering your implementation time frame. Many times we think of new FY but check to see where that falls with holidays on both sides.

Pros: Very easy for the end users to use for their day to day needs. Great support and available resources from UltiPro throughout implementation and after that to ensure we got the most of what was available. There is a learning component for content, but that still needs more work. Highly customizable, modular approach (get the features/functionality you actually need), and integrates well with other systems.

Cons: Can fall on the higher end as far as cost, but worth the money for the features and support. The learning feature definitely still needs work, so I would not consider this an all-in-one solution as far as HR all the way through learning and development. Take care when choosing a separate LMS as many require an annual or one-time fee to connect to UltiPro and other HR solutions.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Deborah B.
Supervisor / Teacher
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"UltiPro"

Comments: Sometime it is hard to have internet connection which make it hard to clock in and take care of business

Pros: Once you learn the software it makes life easier. You can check hours put time off. Check your check before pay day

Cons: Staff have to make sure they put the right stuff information You have to make sure you remember pass words

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Wendy M.
Customer service
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/19

"Timesheet"

Comments: Over all I love it. It helps keep the employees benefits and payroll in one secured area

Pros: I like that everything is at your fingertips regarding your personal pay and time sheet. I can get copies of anything needed just from signing into the tab.

Cons: I dont like that there is no warning that the password is expiring.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/19
Cristina D.
Underwriter
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/15

"ultipro"

Pros: It's easy to navigate and understand the menu. I like all the features of being able to easily view my pay statement and W2.

Cons: When requesting PTO for partial hours of a full 8hr day, it's a little confusing, but once I learned how to do it it was easy. Figuring this out took a little time.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Skyler G.
Sales Director
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"Works Well at All Levels"

Comments: From a management viewpoint, it was the easiest and fastest HR system I've used in my career.
Should the opportunity arise to use implement Ultipro in my new position I will gladly advocate it.

Pros: What I loved the most about Ultipro is how easy it was to use. Managing employees schedules, time off requests, time card approvals, etc... All of it easy.

Cons: Honestly there is very little I disliked about Ultipro.
My only complaint was that it took time to update or load... thats about it.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/11
Boris K.
Boris K.
Business Development Executive
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/08

"Ease of use is amazing"

Comments: It has been great, makes my life easier to have everything in one platform

Pros: I am a huge backer of ultipro. Make it very easy to use for employees, and have all functionality that is needed

Cons: Sometimes putting pro in is tough. Seems to vary from company to company as to how it is done.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Jason T.
Jason T.
Vice President Retail Special Assets & Collection Manager
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"Ultipro"

Comments: Overall i was happy with the product and it was relatively easy to use

Pros: This was a great system for tracking annual goals as well as a place to keep notes from monthly 1 on 1 meetings

Cons: During the annual review process there seemed to be a lot of back and forth with each of the forms

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Mary B.
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/14

"Ultipro for Business"

Pros: Ultipro made it very easy to keep track of employee information, reviews, vacation requests, etc.

Cons: Customer support was closed on weekends so managing a 24 hour a day hospital made it hard to get support when needed at certain times.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/14
Rachel W.
Rachel W.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/06

"It gets the timesheets done"

Comments: This application has a lot of functionality, a lot that the company I work for is just getting to know. Make sure to have someone on site who can focus on it's functionality and make it work the best for your company.

Pros: I like the ability to mark an area as a favorite so that I don't have to navigate through a bunch of windows in order to find what I use most often.

Cons: We have had a lot of issues with using it on the Chrome browser, which is the primary browser that I use. The search doesn't appear to really find what I'm looking for, I try to be less detailed in my search criteria or more detailed and still the same limited responses.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/06