QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,1 /5

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Showing 18 146 reviews

Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/04

"Great Value for the Price"

Comments: Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros: The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons: The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/04
Tiffany S.
CFO
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Advertising versus delivered"

Comments: Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros: This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons: We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Jean F.
Accountant
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/22

"Why I love quick books over other accounting softwares"

Comments: After self teaching on YouTube, I can say, the software is a wonder to those of us who work with all of money. It helps organize everything and with a click, you can generate any report

Pros: What I loved the most was featured on the online version. I loved that I could share a live book keeping with someone else who would help me fix things if I messed up without having to come to my office, I love the whole reporting system. It's so organized and customizable. I love scheduling invoices and splitting transactions. I love that I can report everything in one click.

Cons: It's not so easy to get customer support for the desktop version. It looks like the online version works better. I didn't like that the price is fair but not everyone can afford it. It's not easy to navigate this software for first timers. I wish there were instructions to newbies.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/22
Waqar A.
Software Data Associate
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/19

""QuickBooks is an affordable business software""

Comments: - Extraordinary and best insight! - The organizing module is splendid as it awards me to screen my compensation and costs as demonstrated by the financial course of action and gives an entire impact on the association's presentation.

Pros: QuickBooks handles fundamentally all the bookkeeping issues in my alliance eg; Budgeting, charges partition, uncovering, charge status, and so on QuickBooks makes a fine showing up with significant bookkeeping limits, is overall simple to utilize, and the report suite is above and beyond for exclusive organizations.

Cons: Slow stacking on some work occasions, blunders in application, mistakes in establishment, and so on.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/19
Patrice K.
COO
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/11

"Great Tool but you still need to know Accounting Principles and Rules"

Comments: QuickBooks has helped us with getting things done quicker and more efficiently. Dealing with Customer support can be tricky but it doesn't happen often. The reports that we produce help our Executive Leaders and Board of Directors stay informed of our financial position and are fairly easy to produce. Most accountants are familiar with QuickBooks so it is easy to send them data when preparing our year end filings.

Pros: Its fairly easy to use as long as you know Accounting Principles and Rules. It's not going to tell you what GL numbers to post things to so you have to know this before attempting to post things. The accounts payable (Vendors) and Accounts receivable (Customers) is pretty easy to use. Reconciling is quick and easy (as opposed to doing it my hand which I used to do). Calculation sales tax can be tricky...you need to make sure it's set up correctly. I like that the desktop version can be used in a multi-user environment so more than one person can work in it at a time.

Cons: The worst thing about this product is their customer support. They are hard to get in contact with, try to charge you for every little thing and unless you get someone who actually knows what they're doing (instead of working off a script) they can really mess thing up more than you can imagine.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/11
Sylvester M.
Founder & C.E.OO
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/27

"EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO RUN SMOOTHLY"

Comments: Generally good. Works well and anyone running a small or big business should try it.
I had used other programs to manage my business but everything seemed not to work well. I'm not proficient in bookkeeping or accounting and couldn't bear the cost of the overhead of securing expensive programs in the market. QuickBooks which was alluded by my former lecturer had the option to get me coordinated and smoothly running. I can now manage the business better, as well as pay all staff and contractual workers/representatives and expenses. It makes me feel like a super manager, a great accountant, bookkeeper, and HRM.

Pros: Easy to Learn and Easy to utilize. Its cost is amazingly sensible, and significant. I was effectively ready to smooth out my business data from the financial balance which helped in light of the fact that I don't possess the energy for the information passage that other programming programs required. Client support is stunning, they are really solid eager to assist, and have consistently had the option to fulfill any issue with speed and productivity.

Cons: Everything is generally good and seems to work well though I recommend they improve the invoicing feature.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/27
Candice V.
Owner/Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/26

"Essential items in small Business"

Comments: I love my quickbooks service, all for the organization I can take a look at all our financial information in one place and as my business grows I know Quickbooks and the services can handle it all. Most of all I love the invoicing and the mobile app to keep me organized on the go.

Pros: Where do I begin, first off I need simple! With a busy life and running a small business I don't want to wrap my head around learning a new program. The ease of use was essential and provided, especially with the quick tabs and help buttons, live chat availability. It is comforting to know so much help is available. Also the app is on my phone to create instant invoices on the go so I don't miss anything and I have it set up to send automatic reminders for any outstanding invoices. I also track all my milage to help with convenient reports for the accountant.

Cons: For me it is the cost per month, we are all trying to cut costs and previous you could purchase a program and use it for 5+ years however with changing times and choices in computers, an online service is what we had to go with and it is a monthly fee now.

by Intuit on 2020/11/28

Thank you so much for leaving this kind review, Candice. It's heartwarming to hear that QuickBooks has helped make your busy life easier. Knowing that all of our hard work has paid off is the greatest reward. To stay updated on exciting product news, we encourage you to check out the QuickBooks Blog. https://www.quickbooks-blog.com/ Wishing you a successful rest of your business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/26
Rachel Y.
accounting
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/31

"Review for QuickBooks"

Comments: Quickbooks is mainly for local accounting applications such as my company. It also provides a basic version that can accept business transactions, manage and pay bills, and manage payroll functions, which is really cost efficient.
It provides an introductory accounting solution, many of which provide basic inventory management. This is a great tool for start-ups and small and medium enterprises.
I will always consider Quickbooks if I own a business one day because it offers a 30-day free trial period, which includes all functions. It will largely cut my cost and make accounting easy to use, accessible and friendly.

Pros: Quickbooks provides cloud storage, so I can work anytime, anywhere, it also create and send invoices, tracking sales and transactions whenever and wherever you are. The best part about Quickbooks is that I don't need any training or experts for its use. I can connect your bank account, which will automatically import transactions and categorize them. I could also add third-party apps or tools to make a snapshot of receipts and save it on my mobile device. The quick manual makes coordination and communication easy. I can send journal entries directly to customers without any third-party tools, without calling customers or manually mailing them to the payment reminders. It can send journal entries as attachments without worrying about printing or exporting to PDF. For me, I don't have enough time to manually check the errors in the bill, so I could check them with the Quickbooks tool, which scans and highlights the errors in the document.

Cons: One of the main problems with Quickbooks is the audit record of the software. Both accountants and business owners like the company's financial information flow and need to be in-depth and well-documented. Although Quickbooks does provide an audit trail for most information, in some cases financial information can be changed without keeping any documents. Essentially, this means that the software has left loopholes that may "fix" the company's financial records. Depending on how customers use the software, another potential problem is that Quickbooks does not come with fixed assets. Intuit, which implements supervision now provides a separate report for listing the company's fixed assets. Although the wide range of Quickbooks features may seem positive, for some smaller businesses, they may overwhelm because they may make the software more difficult to use and understand. Although many small businesses still use Quickbooks for the single entry, Quickbooks is also more suitable for two entry billing.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/31
Andrea F.
Customer Service Coordinator
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/13

"Quickbooks"

Comments: We have had a great experience using Quickbooks. Our manufacturing plant is based in Colombia but we have a warehouse located in Miami, Fl. and Quickbooks has helped us integrate info for sales in the US while we are able to take care of inventory levels, billing and operations from Colombia.

Pros: We use Quickbooks for Inventory Management at our company. What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to make material reservations for customers once they all have been registered. Customer Service, Warehouse and Invoicing and Billing work integrated in the software to get the info for their individual process without having to ask for reports.

Cons: When I started using Quickbooks, I found a bit dificult to process the files when they are first imported. I think an improvement could be to ask the user to select the columns/info they want to see prior to exporting the file.
Another improvement suggested is to designate more roles than sales and administrator. The admin could for example authorize a different user to update inventory levels, or mark sales, but still they would be the only authorized user to create/register a customer and confirming invoicing info.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/13
Mark G.
Self Employed
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/01

"Quickbooks review from a long time user."

Comments: I would rate my overall experience with QuickBooks as Very Good. It is not the most sophisticated accounting software on the market but interface and general user experience makes it a top choice when looking for non industry specific accounting software.

Pros: I have been using QuickBooks with multiple companies for over 15 years. Have found that once the learning curve has been mastered the interface is intuitive and clean to work with. Over the years many of the ancillary weaknesses or lack of added needs have been addressed. While I used to think QuickBooks wasn't evolving quickly enough with changing needs. They have improved greatly over the last 5-6 years and I feel the software has become flexible enough to handle our growing and changing needs.

Cons: I would say my main concern has been the lack of sophisticated statistical analysis that other accounting software provides. Quickbooks has been addressing these concerns over the last few years and has and is improving in these areas.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/01
Stephanie C.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/13

"The only accounting software I'll use"

Comments: Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros: Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons: I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

by Intuit on 2019/11/14

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a 5 star review!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/13
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/10

"Quickbook The old and the online"

Comments: Still my go to package and it will continue to get better as time goes by with the online version.
Offline version is still be most powerful for small business (non-us) countries.

Pros: It has becoming the defecto accounting package for my company and we recommend it due to ease of use, and familiarity. The technology has evolved into the online offerings and this added the value to small business enabling them to interface online with customers, - estimates, quotes and invoices can be easily email.
The offline (desktop) version was preferred by small non US based business due to the ability to customize some components to fit non-generic business procedures, the online version is a bit more standardize.
However overall the online offer has quite suited for small business. It ease of use and cloud offer takes away from a number of business continuity challenges, allowing a mom or pop shop to operate with the public image as any other large firm.
Reporting for the small business user is a great feature, help management to be self sufficient with dashboard reporting, built in.

Cons: COST: The online software for the required feature will a small business at least 35 per month for the current offer.
LACK of ability to Custom fields: There is a lack of ability to create your own data fields which is useful for non-us customer due to local standards and regulations.

by Intuit on 2019/11/11

Thanks so much for your detailed review. We strive to provide the necessary tools to meet the needs of every business. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks. As the product evolves, we're working to incorporate even more functionality. You can find out more about these kinds of updates by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Cheering you to continued success!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/10
Katlyn B.
Human Resources Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/05

"Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!"

Comments: Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

Pros: Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

Cons: We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

by Intuit on 2019/11/11

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com).

Cheering you to continued success!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019/11/05
Christian A.
Revenue Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/15

"QuickBooks Review"

Comments: I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Pros: It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Cons: I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

by Intuit on 2019/09/16

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Wishing you the best.

4,5 /5
    2,5 /5
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/29

"Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown"

Pros: Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Cons: The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others. Inability to approve and subsequently lock down POs and SOs. Once a PO/SO gets issued, a user with basic access can always change unit costs and quantities. This hinders the business' scaleability. The Canadian version no longer allows the user to compress the data file in previous periods. This may be frustrating for companies who rely on lengthy journal entries, as the database file size will exponentially grow. If you are a job shop (or project-based company), do not expect much in terms of job-cost reporting. The software is limited to populating a customer field when posting an expense. You will have to manually set up jobs as customers and instruct staff to classify expenses under the proper subgroup. In my experience, the only real noticeable difference between enterprise and premier is the number of concurrent users (5 vs 10).

• Reviewed on 2016/08/29
Donna M.
Government Administration, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/16

"Quickbooks Desktop Rview"

Comments: Overall QuickBooks has been easy to use for paying invoices, tracking expenses/income and completing employee payroll. I've been using QuickBooks for over 7 years. Please note that there is a big difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online version. The online version is not user friendly at all. I would not recommend the online version.

Pros: QuickBooks Desktop is relatively easy to use. The payroll feature makes calculating and filing employee payroll and payroll taxes very easy. Paying invoices is also very easy and it records expenses in individual accounts that you set up. You can quickly and easily find invoices that have been paid and track year to date expenses. There are many reports available so you can easily see amounts spent in each category or where income is coming from. This is very useful when working on budgets. The software allows you to modify things according to what works best for you.

Cons: The annual fee is expensive and there is an extra fee for the payroll service. Also, the customer service is not very good. Occasionally I need to call in and get a customer service rep to correct a problem. Service is slow and it's hard to understand the reps as they all have accents. I try to use the self help section of QuickBooks before calling in to get assistance and I know it will take over an hour to get a problem fixed.

by Intuit on 2019/08/14

It's great to hear you're using all the features to the fullest, and it sounds like you're a pro, Donna. The Desktop and Online versions have slightly different work flows, but we're glad you found one to meet your unique business needs. For other ways to contact support, we recommend this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Contact-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-Customer-Support-Team/td-p/252601

Thanks for your review!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Amber elizabeth M.
Administrative Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/04

"Discount Bookkeeper in your pocket"

Comments: I've used quickbooks as the administrator for several small businesses. It's a powerful tool that can even be useful for forecasting so long as you keep up to date with it. In my own freelance business, I've started to use Quickbooks Self Employed which is not currently as useful as the Quickbooks I've used for small businesses, but the cost per year reflects the lessened capacity it offers.

Pros: Not only does quickbooks make bookkeeping seem accessible to anyone with the slightest grasp of numbers, the apps make it easy to keep books up to date on the road. It is only as useful as the the effort you put into the software. It's not exactly intuitive, but there are many resources to support you as you learn. It's very easy to find a Quickbooks bookkeeper to work with that can support your business if it's not your speciality while making the transactions easy for both parties. Specialty apps can add to the functionality of Quickbooks increasing the power of this software.

Cons: Because the detail pulled from the bank can sometimes be quite homogeneous, QBO will try to categorize "Wire" transactions or "checks" to the latest transaction payee. Creating rules to ignore the transactions is tedious and can be confusing to new users of the software that may not realize that its matching to previous transactions. The new model of "tiering" users and how many functions they access seems a bit suspect to me, but so far, we have not reached any limits so I don't know how this will impact us, if at all.

by Intuit on 2019/08/29

Thanks so much for a detailed review, Amber! We're glad to hear you've been able to easily keep track of each aspect of your business, and other businesses you manage, all while on the go. You can count on us to be there for each business endeavor. We recommend this article that provides a detailed explanation of how to set up and use bank rules (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking-topics/how-to-set-and-use-banking-rules-for-downloaded-transactions/00/186468). Additionally, this link offers info about adding, deleting, and changing user access within the account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/delete-users/add-delete-or-change-user-access/00/185920). You'll find a hyperlink in the same article that will take you to a list of different types of user roles.

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review!

• Reviewed on 2019/06/04
Sherry G.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/19

"I've Been Using QuickBooks Since 1995"

Comments: I've had a wonderful experience with QuickBooks over the years. I have to buy the updates, but I find somewhere online that I can get the latest for less than buying it direct and I am able to keep my version pretty up to date. Using a different and early DOS accounting software was so complex that I couldn't even figure out how to open up the software and get started! I cut my losses and purchased QuickBooks. I took a local course on how to use QuickBooks and was off to the races immediately. If you are not really terrific with software, it might be a good idea just to pay someone like an Enrolled Agent to come in and install the QuickBooks for you and get your accounting set up. Later on, when you've been working on the software for years, it is worth it to have started out correctly with some professional help. I have my accountant come into my office every year or two and go over my books to make sure everything is looking good, entrances are correctly attributed and so on. That gives me a good feeling that I know I can rely on my information in QuickBooks. Anyway, I do recommend this software. I am a computer professional, a web developer, but was a CPA secretary, went through a Word Processing course in the early 1980s, then became a Paralegal and continued my computer education at the University here, then went into business with my husband, so I'm quite familiar with QB.

Pros: I like how easy it is to keep track of my check register, vendors, customers, do my payroll every week, enter and pay bills and find things when necessary. It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is pretty easy to take my reports in to my accountant each year and have her do my taxes. I own a small business with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has made it possible for me to do my own books all these years and keep better track of what is going on with our finances.

Cons: I am not wild about the way that the payroll add on renews. You have to buy an additional module or what ever you want to call it to keep the payroll tables updated. For some reason the updating can be very iffy and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly can't do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crunch and I need to quickly whip out some paychecks. But, for the most part the software works so well that I forget about this problem fairly easily.

by Intuit on 2018/11/29

Thanks a ton for taking the time out to review, Sherry. Your 20+ year loyalty is valued, so thanks a ton for being the best part of QB for all these years. We're proud to be backing you and your husband's business.

Should you ever run into issues with updating tax tables, I encourage you to contact the Customer Care Team on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). The agents monitoring these channels have the tools to help in a crunch and would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Here's to SkywayTools.com and your continued success!

• Reviewed on 2018/11/19
Michael D.
Director Of Finance And Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"Quickbooks"

Comments: Overall, been a mostly good experience although there are some areas around non-profit accounting and customer service in general that they could improve upon.

Pros: The interface is pretty intuitive and provides a logical business flow model that can be followed by beginners or business owners with limited accounting knowledge. It provides lots of options for customizing reports and exporting documents into excel and pdf format. They also partner with Rightnetworks for VPN hosting as an alternative to having a local server. This is useful for working with remote staff.

Cons: The biggest issue I have is that there isn't a real effective version of Quickbooks designed for non-profit accounting and grant tracking, so we have had to incorporate additional resources such as excel and Salesforce to properly track our grant funding.

by Intuit on 2018/11/15

Hi Michael. It's good to read QuickBooks is providing the intuitive insights and customization you need for Men as Peacemakers to flourish. With this said, rest assured there are a wealth of effective solutions for non-profit organizations.

I appreciate you letting me know that this is one way QuickBooks could improve, as I have the opportunity to help. The workarounds you've incorporated for grant funding are brilliant, but I encourage you to reach out to me directly. I can discuss the services developed for non-profit accounting further, and my inbox is open ([email protected]).

In the meantime, feel welcome to contact the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). They'd be more than happy to answer any questions about you have about in-product alternatives. These chat based technicians are also a great customer service channel and have the tools/knowledge to help.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/09
Jorge A.
Domestic/International Fufillment Coordinator
Warehousing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/12

"Great for small business, or even mid size business."

Comments: Even with the one major flaw I experience, I would still recommend QuickBooks to small to midsize business that need an easy way to organize, categorize their costumer orders, inventory, and being able to keep track of company expenses.

Pros: I used this software for a number of years when I was working at a midsize family owned shipping/fulfillment center. It took me just a few hours to be able to understand how to navigate and properly use most of the features available software. Features Include: - Importing and Exporting of large data files containing costumer information - Multiple account log-ins, being able to switch between two different users(companies) with each having their own unique list of products, and clients. -Inventory, this was a very important feature for us, it notified us when we were running short on certain items for order fulfillment, it also kept an updated list of the amount of inventory in the warehouse in terms of dollar value - Costumer look up, address, product ordered, past orders, balance paid and due. Orders would could be search by order number, name of costumer, or even the ability to search orders meeting certain criteria. - Product information, the user had the ability to assign description and cost of their products. - Data back ups; the user would had the ability to make multiple save files that contain all the information that was present at the time of the creation of save file, it was a useful feature since a lot of the computers at work ended up being wiped or malfunction at one time or another.

Cons: The one thing that I just really dislike about this software is updating, after an update you would load a backup save file per company in order to re-import all the information that had already been available before the update. This lead to multiple order being shipped, and problems with inventory. Could have just been us, I don't know if every one experience this issue.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/12
Melissa M.
Director of Operations
Executive Office, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/14

"Nothing beats QuickBooks for Accouting, as long as it's the desktop version..."

Comments: I am a user of QuickBooks as an accounting assistant for my clients. I have used Quickbooks to conduct Payroll functions, for income and sales tax reporting, and for financial data exports for data creation. QuickBooks is a program for people familiar with accounting terminology. You need to know what assets and liabilities are, expenses and income, etc. before you can set it up properly. With some online training through their tools, or others available online, you can glean enough information to create your QuickBooks file and get going. In addition, it is an awesome tool for collaboration with an accountant. You can have accountant copies of your files, and sharing the files is straightforward and simple.

Pros: QuickBooks is awesome. Simply put - the features and functions are extensive. From the reporting, to the invoicing and billing, to the payroll functions - it does everything your business needs to ensure it's financials are accurate and on time. I especially prefer Quickbooks Payroll to other payroll services, because the integration of data is automatic, and I don't have to manipulate files to import and export for Payroll. In addition, it tracks all the taxes, and if in numerous states, handles all of the state reporting necessary.

Cons: The cost is pricey. You will pay a lot for QuickBooks, but it is worth every penny if you have a business will a good volume of income, or with a payroll. QuickBooks online is significantly lacking some of the functionality of the full version, so when working with clients, you need to ensure you are using the same versions so that the data doesn't get corrupted. Specifically the Sales Tax setup on QB online is more difficult to work with than the full desktop version.

by Intuit on 2018/09/17

Thanks for the review, Melissa. While we offer different versions of the same product to ensure businesses of every size will have their needs met, it'd be my pleasure to discuss the Cons you mentioned.

While you can find some tips for Sales Tax set-up in spaces like our Community forum (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1146054), this site also has a ton of insights so users of every background can feel confident working in QB. As a prime example, this article (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1164870) is a glossary of accounting terminology.

Regardless, feel free to email me in regards to pricing and the functionality suggestions you mentioned at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you and will keep an eye out for a message with your name on it.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/14
Accounting for Small Businesses
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/22

"The Desktop version is better than the online"

Pros: Desktop - it's easier to have multiple screens open, but can only do one company at a time (online, you can use different browsers to open multiple companies). Has a lot of functionality. The only other thing that is better about the online version (imho) is being able to easily log in remotely - BUT, if you don't do it frequently enough (and randomly) you'll need a verification code.

Cons: Does have an intercompany feature. The online version doesn't allow multiple screens open at once. If you decide you want to cancel your online membership, getting your historical transactions off of it is a challenge. I wish that they still allowed recon of sales tax. Online doesn't give a "fee" and "Interest income" fill in for recon'ing each bank account. There is no listing for any asset/liability accounts that haven't been recon'd or a report showing the last date it was recon'd.

by Intuit on 2018/08/27

Thanks for this review. Your loyalty to QuickBooks is valued, so please know we're proud to be backing your business.

While I have your attention, it'd be my pleasure to address the Cons you mentioned. As a start, you can open multiple windows/tabs of the Online software. This Community-hosted article outlines the details (community.intuit.com/articles/1456006), and I encourage you to explore the space more when you can. Our multi-function Community database also doubles as a Q&A forum, so jump into the convo anytime you have questions.

Further, you can download your historical data and save it in spreadsheets if you decide to cancel. The info at community.intuit.com/articles/1254966 explains the process, but I'd be happy to pass your suggestions about interest income, flexible sales tax, and alerts about reconciled accounts to the engineers for review. We use your ideas as inspiration and default to it when developing new tools.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/22
Christina H.
On-Air Radio Host
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

"QuickBooks Review"

Comments: Like mentioned in my pros portion of the review I have cut down on time! That's the main problem that has been cut out of the equation. Everything is well organized within the program and I don't have much to worry about when it comes to knowing that everything is in the right place and ready to be printed onto a report!

Pros: The first thing I look for in any product is functionality. Is it user friendly? Can it be taught easily? I like how easily you can flow from one task to the next and how easily it is to keep track of each category. Whether it is working with payroll or keeping track of inventory functionality is key and flawless.

Cons: It used to be that you didn't have to pay for renewals but with the increased pricing plan and now having to pay for renewals it makes this product less attractive to those looking to purchase the software.

by Intuit on 2018/08/13

Hi there, Christina. While I'm delighted the functionality has provided you with a seamless and easy to learn workflow, I want to ensure your needs are still being met when it comes to value. Our products have a three-year lifetime, after which the back-end systems comprising it are replaced with the most state-of-the-art and secure connections available. There's more about why upgrades occur in this Community-hosted FAQ, and it uses the most recent renewal (2015) as context: community.intuit.com/articles/1501193.

With this in mind, I'd be glad to chat with you more one-on-one in reference to your pricing plan and details. Feel more than free to send me an email ([email protected]), where I'll be on the lookout for your message. In the meantime, I encourage you to explore the Community a bit more. The article above is hosted in the troubleshooting library portion of the space, and it doubles as a Q&A forum monitored by QuickBooks reps.

Lindsay V.
Operations Administrator
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/10

"It Does Everything and GREAT Customer Service Representatives"

Comments: We have benefitted greatly from using Quickbooks. We are able to manage the majority of our bookkeeping details and reports internally because of it. We use Quickbooks to track every expense, invoice clients, create quotes, see profit and loss reports, manage our accounts and see where our money is going.

Pros: Quickbooks can integrate with numerous platforms and since it's a market leader, there are lots of forums and helpful resources. It can due so much and is our "one stop shop" for bookkeeping needs. I have had WONDERFUL experience with their customer service representatives... I hang up the phone with a smile and have always felt like I got the resolution I was seeking. Their representatives have been so patient, always taking as much time as needed to help resolve any and all issues I have, and they communicate in a way that seems to say that they enjoy their job and are pleased to be of assistance.

Cons: It takes a while to get oriented in Quickbooks and familiar with all that it can do -- which can be a bit overwhelming, as it is not a very clean or user friendly platform -- but after getting more familiar, its "vastness" has become more of an asset. We used Quickbooks' additional payroll service for a year before realizing that it was not the most cost effective way to go (at least it was starting to feel quite steep!). Our first payment was much lower than the rest. Perhaps we landed on a good deal, but it felt a bit more like a bait and switch scheme.

by Intuit on 2018/08/13

Thank you for your honest review, Lindsay. I'm glad QuickBooks vast feature set has become an asset to you, but we realize learning anything new can be a bit overwhelming at times. With this said, you mentioned you've had a chance to check out some of our forums and resources, like those hosted on the Community at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. I'm delighted you've explored these, as they were made with you in mind. These spaces are meant to help you get oriented to the product faster, and another awesome one-stop shop for support is our Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd).

As for Payroll pricing, please know we have cost-efficient options so you always get the value you deserve. I'd be happy to dig into this with you further and invite you to message me directly ([email protected]). This way, I can dig into your details and go from there.

Thrilled you enjoy the software as much as we like having you as part of the QuickBooks family!

Harikumar P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/27

"Quickbooks is very easy to use Accounting Software with GST Ready Invoices. It helps us to save Time"

Comments: Quickbooks offers wide range of features. It help us to record all our expenses and income and keep track of the same. Creatinf invoices were never made so easy and also it offers to collect payments.

Pros: Quickbooks offers everything at a single platform. For a business it has everything such as business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions etc. The accounting feature is the best which we liked because we can manage income, expense and many more very easily. It really help us to note all transactions electronically. Another feature we liked is the Payment which help us to collect payments seamlessly. It help us to organize the finance. The online payment system help us to track payments. Next i would like to highlight the interface , it has a very beautiful design and simple interface. Without much training anyone can use it for their business. Quickbooks help us to reduce the time taken for our financial department. The team at Quickbooks are also very helpful and are ready to help us always. It is very useful for creating invoices and then collecting payments from the customers which track on a real time basis which reflects in our dashboard. Sometime we may miss to note expenses but with Quickbooks it's easy to keep track about our purchases , bills and expenses. I strongly recommend Quickbooks to smoothen your business operations.

Cons: Web connectivity is a must for using Quickbooks which is a drawback. The UI needs few more improvements. Some interfaces are easy to use while some areas need further improvements which will help to smoothen the workflow. Some modifications are needed for creating invoices especially when we create GST Invoices. If Quickbooks do some more modification it will be really helpful to beginners

by Intuit on 2018/07/30

We love hearing from our customers, and your thorough review was a pleasure to come across, Harikumar. I'm delighted you've gained so much accounting insight from the program, and that you're saving time with our Payments, Payroll, and tracking features.

With this said, I'd be more than happy to discuss the Cons you mentioned. When you get a chance, could you send me more details about your vision for QuickBooks ([email protected])? You've got brilliant ideas, and I'll forward your suggestions about an offline option, streamlined interface, and more customization for sales forms. I can send them to the engineers directly, as they default to customer input when deciding what enhancements will come down the pipeline next.

Looking forward to hearing from you, by the way. In the meantime, I encourage you to explore our Community Q&A forum, where we host a ton of troubleshooting/how-to articles. Jump into the convo anytime at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/27