CoConstruct Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,9 /5

About CoConstruct

Web-based residential construction management software to handle estimating, contracts, selections, project scheduling and more.

Learn more about CoConstruct

Michael H.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/12

"Co Construct Revultionizing Business Management For Remodeling and Custom Home Builders"

Comments: Co Construct has improved operations efficiency in several of the companies I have worked with. Co Construct is able to take a project from the first contact all the way through completion and provides an accountability for the client and the contractor which has been a big support gap in the past decade. Co Construct improves the builder and sub contractor experience as well with features that provide a daily log of comments and photos from the subs to the contractor in one place that is stored for record. Co Construct has also made keeping track of financials much easier and creating and facilitating change orders from the field. All of the features of Co Construct are streamlined in the mobile app for easy to train functionality with employees, subs and vendors. Overall I just cant express enough how Co Construct continues to improve the Remodel and Custom home sector of Residential construction.

Pros: Co Construct is so much more than a project management software system. Co Construct integrates your entire business operation into one easy to use cloud base platform. The support team dedicated to Co Construct users is a feature that no other company in this field can match. Co Construct continues to innovate their product daily through their client based interactions and feedback. Co Construct has gone above and beyond through their development of a "Community" discussion board within the existing software that enables all of their clients to interact with each other and the Co Construct ambassadors.
Co Construct offers Co Camp training as well as Co Con (annual conference based on builders engaging with other builders) this is a unique approach to not only improve clients knowledge of the software but will assist them with overall productivity in their respective businesses.
The Software itself is very easy to learn and very adaptable to any size business model. Co Construct has a library of videos to assist with the onboarding process. Co Construct has made a huge investment in securing their clients information as well.

Cons: It would be very difficult for me to identify anything that I do not like about this software. Co Construct has done a phenomenal job of identifying and improving any areas that were lacking in the offered software package and continues to develop more efficient improvements. I look forward to the future as they continue to grow the Leads feature as well as integration into the mainstream calendar support.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/12
Bailey W.
Construction
  • Reviewed on 2016/01/15

"Co-ConstructIVE"

Pros: This business is much less office and far more job-site. Consequently, running the jobs on the administration side of things can be hard to schedule, organize and maintain. Speaking as the administrative assistant for a construction company, I am so grateful that this product is in our hands. I don't get to see what's going on with each job, I don't have in-person communication with clients, nor do I spend much time working with our subcontractors in-person. This program easily allows me to keep a strong grasp on the scheduling and organization of our jobs, keep an open dialogue with everyone involved and it allows me to stay informed on what is going on with each site. Not to mention, it's very straight forward and user friendly for everyone. On top of it, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort the team makes in always trying to better the product and take our suggestions into consideration, as well as taking time to talk with us any time we need assistance or have something to contribute.

Cons: I think the mobile app could definitely use some tweaking/time. While it's very nice to have an app that is easy to access, there are far less features. What you can do (adding, editing, etc.) is all extremely limited on the mobile app. I just wish there was more time put into improving the app instead of so much work on the web version.

• Reviewed on 2016/01/15
David C.
  • Reviewed on 2013/03/12

Comments: We are family run business that does all types of home remodeling, from kitchens and baths to whole house remodels. In this day and age, there are a lot of good remodelers out there who can do the same level of work as we can, but they may not have a lot of business sense. We have come to realize that homeowners are looking for home remodeling companies to come in and get out as quickly as possible. Since we know this, we needed an edge on our competition and we looked at how we could improve our business. This meant reviewing the processes of the company and looking at where we could improve. The two main areas we needed to improve upon were scheduling and change orders. Both were done on pad and paper - very time consuming. We spoke to other remodelers in our peer group at Remodelers Advantage and searched online for software that could help us with those two areas. We purchased Microsoft Project and that worked well for us, but didn't help us with change orders. So we kept looking for a software product that would help us with change orders and finally found Co-construct. I scheduled a demo with Donny and we went through everything. We couldn't believe the functionality that was included then, and so much has been added since we started in April 2011. We were up and running on Co-construct in hours. Since it is all cloud based, we don't have to worry about installing software on our office computers and keep up with the upgrades. Donny and his team have always been there when I have had questions, and their response is quick. Every month, open conference calls are available to members where you can dial in and ask questions or get assistance with using the program from Donny. The software has made it so easy for us to get signed change orders. When the homeowner gets an email letting them know change order needs to be approved, he/she will log into Co-construct and click the button to accept the change order - that's it. It couldn't be any more simple. It saves my company hours every month and allows us to collect on change orders much more quickly. The calendar/scheduling feature is really nice because I can make the schedule available to the homeowner and our trade contractors. Instead of giving the trade contractors a piece of paper, they can go on-line and see the schedule. The program also emails them when they are added to a project schedule and when their task is coming up. The Co-construct team is always looking for software improvements which means they are always thinking ahead for the next great thing to add.

Jonathan M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/29

"Game Changer"

Comments: If you're not using this program and you have competition in your area that is. Get ready to be had. I tell people all the time, "If you don't have this, you're not competing on the same level as me."

Pros: Effective at streamlining the construction process and technical support that cannot be beat. This program has allowed us to make more money on each project as well as allow us the control to handle more projects at one time with the same management team.

Cons: There is a lot going on with this program. So you will need to take time to settle into using every function. It can seem daunting at times but the technical support makes it much easier. Does not have a calendar that we can use at this time. If there were a calendar more like a day to day calendar like Google Calendar this would make our type of work much easier to schedule. As it is now the calendar is good for new construction where you're subbing most if not all of it out, but it doesn't function well for in house day to day operations like estimating or when guys have multiple stops in the day.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/29
Hannah W.
  • Reviewed on 2013/03/12

Comments: HAMR Home Building Contractors is a small residential building company that prides itself on building high quality new homes and transforming old ones. We have only been in our own business for 3 1/2 years so we set up our own systems as best we could for managing the pricing, invoicing and back costing of each job. After settling into the business we felt that there must be a better, more efficient way of working than what we were doing. The more people we spoke to, we realized that everyone else also just used their own systems. These generally entailed multiple excel worksheets, lots of double entry, and far too much room for error. About two months ago, we came across Co-construct. We read through the information online and emailed for further information. We were booked into an online demonstration very quickly and once we realised what Co-construct had to offer we signed up immediately. My husband and I were blown away! Finally we had come across a program that would work for us and our clients! We have Co-construct branded with HAMR Home and it looks fantastic. The process was so quick and effortless on our part! Our website has been updated and we have had very positive feedback so far. We have just finished setting up our first new home project. It does take a bit of time to set up a really good master selection sheet - but the benefit is knowing that you have done it right first time. There is a lot of information to take in, so on our first job we have not included the 'budget' function. We want to get our head around the basics first and then on the next job we will add the budgeting. Our current clients are very impressed with co-construct and are excited about using it. In fact, decisions seem to be made immediately on the selections sheet. They are so happy to use Co-construct and they love being able to see the financial implications of their choices! The benefit of having all the communication in one place was a complete bonus! How many times had we previously searched back through emails to see where the client had confirmed their colour choice or stipulated who was supplying certain fittings. We often work with architects and clients - to have everyone sharing the same information is so valuable. We are new to Co-construct but so far the support we have received has been fantastic. We are delighted with our decision to join Co-construct and are continually surprised as we discover more wonderful practical functions.

Greg P.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/05

"Running my business is so much easier!"

Comments: Great program, great customer service!

Pros: CoConstruct is very intuitive. My customers love being able to have a hands-on experience during their remodeling projects. I love the organizational capabilities. Having this kind of control over my business is amazing!

Cons: Would love to see more (complete) mobile functionality and a gantt chart that can drill down to minutes....what an amazing help that would be!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/05
Shellina E.
Project Managment Team
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/11

"Excellent product !!!"

Comments: I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently.
The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

Pros: How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button.
The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

Cons: I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/11
Christopher A.
Pres & Ceo
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/04

"Great Project Team Communications"

Pros: The communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.

Cons: On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/04
George M.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/15

"CoConstruct has benefited our Company"

Comments: Overall, we are glad we made the switch. The comparsion between BuilderTrend and Construct is close.... We have not use the estimating tools yet as we still use excel. Plan to make the change soon... This could be the tool that sets CoConstruct apart from BuilderTrend....

Pros: The Gantt chart is first rate in scheduling. If you are a MicroSoft project user, this is a perfect fit. Customers seem to like it so far as does the sub Contractor base. We ended up making a switch from BuilderTrend to CoConstruct mostly due to the scheduling features.... BuilderTrend lacked Subtask in the Gantt chart viewing each task as a separate line item. I want to total duration of the foundation installation with each subtask involved. Not just have Foundation as a single task....... outside of those few items, everthing is worked good. I would definitely recommend trying to see if it fits your needs........

Cons: Expensive compared to BuilderTrend but worth the extra for the addtional Gantt functions. No way of tracking sub contractor insurance certificate expirations under the vendor section. CoConstruct said set up as individual "ToDo's". No thank you...... Lastly document management seems a little cumbersome. Requires searching through allot of files to find a files. You can filter by apppling a tag but if the sub doesnt know how you tagged it, the search can be frustrating. That is the feedback we have gotten from the subs.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/15
Tom C.
  • Reviewed on 2012/04/09

Comments: I am the operations manager for a small infill builder in Denver. Frustrated with our current scheduling software and its shortcomings, I searched the Internet for a program geared towards custom homebuilders. Most of what I came across was targeted for the larger builders and was too cumbersome for a small custom builder. After weeks of searching and looking at demo programs, I came across Co-Construct. I could quickly see the value of this system and immediately became excited. Not only did it provide the scheduling software in real time and available for anyone I chose to let view it, but also it did so much more! I contacted Donny at Co-Construct, the owner, and he was on the phone with me within an hour to answer my questions. He quickly had me set up with demo access to his software and within a short period of time I knew this was the program for our company. Not only did it solve my scheduling dilemma, but also it was able to solve other issues such as keeping track of selections, client communication, and file transfer between vendors, trades, and helping to track budgets. After 21 years in the business, there are not many things that come along that can change your business. I can honestly say Co-Construct is one of those things that have changed how we do business. Our clients love the system, as do I. The best part about it, it is like having another person work for me. It is a great tool for all of us at the office and allows us to have information at our finger tips at all times. (With the use of our iPads and iPhones) It saves my construction manager time as he can update schedules in the field, pull up plans, review selections, and so much more. Donny and his team are a great asset to anyone serious about improving their business operations and providing excellent customer service. With Donny, he listens to your suggestions and is constantly looking for ways to improve the system for his builders. Find a large software company that will take the time to listen to your needs. Thanks for a great program and excellent support.

• Reviewed on 2012/04/09
Wendy M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/08

"Disappointing"

Comments: Initially, we thought it was ok. Every day we worked, however, we found more and more workarounds. they far outweighed the positives early on. Truth is, the salesperson had MORE than enough information to know that we wouldn't be a good fit, but they lied to us. As a service-based business, this is a joke of a program. It's made for companies with FEW customers and FEWER jobs. If you're trying to get by with not activating your customers - nothing works correctly. the system ABSOLUTELY does not "integrate" with Quickbooks. It only accepts SOME information - and what it allows leaves you having to duplicate entry more than 1/2 of your jobs data. Even moving from the "leads" module to a customer after they sign, only gives you the BARE minimum information on the customer. Most of the data doesn't even transfer. When you try to do more - like we hired a professional consultant for $600 to help us - we just found out more lies and more problems until we finally gave up.

Pros: The customer integration is nice. The system was stable even out in the field.

Cons: The customer service STUNK. The sales staff knew FULL WELL what we needed and why, and they lied to us to get the sale. 6 months in we found out the REAL answer of the Quickbooks integration - basically it sucks.
We were looking to eliminate places of duplicate entry - not create more. Document management is horrible. basically a DOS system where you can't even scroll in between photos. Lack of ability to have a customer, be a trades partner, be a subcontractor - which happens all the time.

by CoConstruct on 2021/02/18

Wendy, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. This isn't the typical feedback we receive + we always strive to provide top notch service to our customers. I want you to know that we've heard your feedback + will reiterate to our sales team the importance of ensuring a good fit. We're specifically designed for custom home builders and remodelers, but many other businesses, like yours, can find success with CoConstruct. In a review of your interactions with our team, we did do everything we could to accommodate your needs. All tickets submitted were addressed + when your 1st coach wasn't a fit, we assigned a new one + extra sessions to help with your success. We're are surprised to hear about your QuickBooks concerns, since our integration is widely considered the best on the market. If there are any other specifics that you'd like to share, we'd be happy to dive in more. We hope you are able to find another application that is better designed for your business.
BW, Marketing

• Reviewed on 2021/02/08
Aayah B.
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/15

"Terrible Construction Management System and Service"

Comments: This service is no longer worth it. The app never works, it upsets alot of customers because they can't pay their invoice and have login problems. Technical support responds in a way that is similar to saying "oh well" or what would you like me to do about it" or "it is what it is". Those are highly unacceptable answers for 200.33 a month. Time to finally transition to ProCore and let Co-Construct keep their mess. I rather pay the higher fee for a service that won't drive away my customers.

Pros: Job costing
Ability not communicate in one system
Ability to share photos and documents

Cons: Excessive messaging even when it's turned off
Constant issues with login on customer end
Constant issues with the payment system
Hates QuickBooks
Problems with entering taxes
Uses a text format rather than Word in Proposal/Estimate section
No 24 hour customer support
No solutions available to fix issues
Cost more than it's worth when half of the system is having problems on a daily basis
Price

by CoConstruct on 2020/10/24

Aayah -- This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I want to apologize for what sounds like an unacceptably rough experience from your end. Our team will be reaching out, but what I can see from our records, your implementation coach has been trying to schedule times to work with your team. They've replied that they were busy, and that we should check back later. That's understandable, but it sounds like we didn't have a chance to get the feedback from your team so we could try and address it. Likewise, we haven't received any support tickets about most of what you mentioned. We'd love to have a shot at it, since many of the things you mentioned are areas that work well for thousands of our clients. I completely understand if you've just mentally moved on, and if you do just commercial projects, ProCore may be a better option for you, anyway. But, if you would like to give us a chance to make it right, please reply to your coach, and we will jump right on it.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/15
Mark G.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/10

"THERE REFUND GUARANTEE IS BOGUS , YOU NEED TO SEND CORRESPONDENCES TO 5 OF YOUR PEERS"

Comments: I WAS TOLD I HAD 90 DAYS TO GET A FULL REFUND. I WAS PRESSURED RELENTLESSLY(WHICH ACTUALLY WAS THE FIRST REASON WHY I WANTED TO CANCEL) TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SEMINAR OUT IN VIRGINIA, WHICH WAS FREE BUT AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT FOR ANY OTHER PERSONNEL YOU WANT TO ATTEND(2 NIGHTS IN A HOTEL AND THE SEMINAR). WE ARE A SMALLER GC FIRM, THE SOFTWARE HAS MANY GENERIC LINE ITEMS THAT YOU CUSTOMIZE FOR YOUR COMPANIES NEEDS, WHICH I ALREADY HAVE IMPLEMENTED AND HAVE BEEN USING FOR 5 YEARS ON MY OWN PRICING AND CONTRACT SPREADSHEETS. THEY DO NOT HAVE DATABASE UPDATES FOR MARKET PRICING(LABOR OR MATERIALS)
I EXPLAINED IT TO THE REP AND REQUESTED A REFUND, I WAS TOLD "WELL BEING THAT YOU DIDN'T CORRESPOND WITH 5 PEOPLE WE CANT GIVE YOU A REFUND. THAT IS TOTAL BS. IF YOU ORDER SOMETHING AND DO NOT LIKE IT OR IT DOESN'T FIT YOUR YOUR COMPANY'S NEEDS, THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR THE EXPECTED REFUND. I ORDERED IT ON 10/17/17 AND REQUESTED THE REFUND ON 11/9/17, WAY BEFORE THE 90 DAYS. SO WE SAID WE WOULD SEND 4 MORE OUT(1 WAS ALREADY SENT AND WE DID NOT GET THAT JOB). THEY SAID WE ALREADY EMAILED TO CANCEL AND WOULD RESERVE A CREDIT ON FILE FOR US FOR FUTURE USE. AGAIN BS. BEWARE USING THIS COMPANY ITS A REFUND SCAM JOINT...

Pros: GOOD FOR A BIGGER COMPANY WITH LOTS OF EXCESS CAPITAL, THEY DO OFFER LOTS OF CORRESPONDENCES WITH SUBS AND CLIENTS AND LINK EVERYTHING TO QUICKBOOKS(I DO NOT USE QUICKBOOKS EITHER)

Cons: VERY EXPENSIVE FOR THEIR SERVICE. A YEAR YOU CAN BUY A GREAT GC SOFTWARE AND OWN IT FOR MUCH LESS, AND IT HAS INDUSTRY PRICING UPDATES FOR PROPER ESTIMATING, WHICH WAS THE REASON WE EVEN FIRST LOOKED FOR A SERVICE LIKE THIS.

by Donny on 2017/11/13

Mark -- We're sorry CoConstruct didn't turn out to be the software you wanted. After our follow-up call, it was clear you wanted some kind of software that you can download and install on your computer, rather than a cloud-based solution that handled communication, in addition to estimating, scheduling, and other features. Our customers can cancel our plans at any time, and are never forced into contracts, so you have the flexibility to spend a little and then stop, if you wish. We do offer a full 3-month money back guarantee, but ask that, since we are a communication platform, that you try the communication features just five times so you can see the benefit of that. It sounds like you decided not to do that, which is why you were able to cancel with no further obligation, and we've given you a credit in case you are interested in a cloud-based solution in the future. If you do decide to do that, we do encourage you think about coming to our live, 2-day, in-person CoCamp training session, which is at no cost to new customers (and we even cover your hotel and give you a travel voucher). It's completely optional, but we regularly have customers who are just moving their software to the cloud, and they love the personal service of getting trained on it, in person, by our team.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/10
Alli G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Feature rich construction program but needing more live support"

Comments: Having an app for both android and iphone makes a world of difference when you are in the field.

Pros: There are an abundance of features including an app for your phone to help keep track of tasks and construction timelines.

Cons: Lack of live, instant support. Having to manually enter tasks in different categories wastes valuable time.

by Donny on 2018/07/26

Hi Alli -- We're glad you love the mobile apps. We've got some great new things coming within the next two weeks to the app to give you a ton of control over your budgets and actuals (even those from QuickBooks), so stay tuned. Regarding instant support, I did want to make sure you knew that you can always call us, at no charge, at 800-213-3392, option 2 for support. 70%+ of our calls during business hours are answered in 30 seconds or less. So, while not technically "instant," our team is ready to get you answers pretty darn fast whenever you need them. I'll also have someone give you a call to make sure we address any questions you've got now. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Michael T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/17

"Be carefull of the price raise"

Pros: Great scheduling software. We like the accessibility of the schedules, form any of our people in the field, or the office

Cons: Just figured out that several months ago, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sent an email, that doubled your price of the software monthly bill unless you responded in the correct way. Our bill went up $200/mo without any ok from us, because we didn't catch a random email from the company. When I called, my rep was respectful, and understanding, but I figured out quickly that the extra money paid in was a donation. They lowered my bill to the original price, but buyer beware. We are now comparing other products...

• Reviewed on 2020/04/17
Jame B.
Principal
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/02

"Collaborative Construction"

Comments: It's been a great experience and I'm happy to share my opinion.
reprrsentative , J. Bradley Architects LLC.

Pros: As an Architect with a new Design Build Firm I was looking for software that was equal to the support that is available to the Large firms at a fraction of the cost. I found it with Co-construct and I'm so glad I invested both the time and effort to format and develop the templates. Our clients and subcontractors have embraced the technology and simplicity. We use almost every aspect of the program and it's set us apart from our competitors.

Cons: There are some little nuances that you'll experience with any type of software.... that comes with anything but overall I've been able to rectify through support from coconstruct or mostly just figuring it out on my own.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/02
Ray W.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/10

"Operational Efficiency"

Comments: Less office work, more time to do site quality control. Great communication. Clients love it.

Pros: It encompasses our entire operation from communication with trades/suppliers and customers to bidding, finances and invoicing.

Cons: It does tend to be a tad slow in responding at times when I am updating schedules or files. Although it has gotten better over the past year

by CoConstruct on 2020/03/14

Ray -- Thanks for the compliments, and we have been continually upgrading our infrastructure as we grow, so I'm glad you're seeing the speed improvements.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/10
Tim M.
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/22

"Remodeling contractor"

Comments: I have used CoConstruct for about a year and it has been great for keeping track of projects

Pros: - works well for large projects
- Project calendar works for aspects of the project 1 day or greater in size
- Time log is a big +

Cons: - No ability to work a crew schedule into the calendar for small projects or crew management.
- No way to base calendar on Man-hours (for small projects this would be helpful)
- For those billing different people at different rates (skilled treads men/apprentice) Multiple reports need to be exported as this information can not be displayed on a single spread sheet the way the system is set up
- To add a higher level of data tracking the cost jumps up fast. For small to mid size projects it is just not worth the cost.
- Costs are billed per month per project, so for those of us that are busy it can add up when your schedule starts to stretch out (unless you only use the basic features)

• Reviewed on 2017/02/22
Abe D.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/27

"They live up to their promises, and the features they promise, actually work"

Comments: I've been through it with other software. Specifically stay away from UDA Construction Suite -- they have so many annoying quirks you won't believe it, and if you have any questions or problems, they'll basically tell you that you are the "only one" who has ever had a problem before. BuilderTrend has great customer service, but, they over-promise on many features and caused DAYS of stress and heartache for my office manager to straighten out financials. Go with Co-Construct because they are successful with all the features they promise.

Pros: The features they have all work. Their customer service is organized, prompt, and successful in helping us. They are constantly doing improvements and tweaks.

Cons: There are a few features that it doesn't have, but the fact is, what they have, work properly! You can count on what they say to be true.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/27
Seth M.
Project Manager & CFO
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/18

"Excellent platform for custom builders"

Comments: To make full use of the powerful functionality of Co-Construct, there is definitely some effort involved to set it up the way you want to use it. Some discipline is also needed (you have to use the system is you want the system to help you). But once you do those things, you'll find it is a very powerful & useful platform for tracking all the major aspects of your construction project.

Pros: Tons of functionality for tracking schedules, discussions, decisions, and budgets! Awesome support!

Cons: Lots of functionality & customization comes with complexity in setup & use.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/18
Kyle L.
  • Reviewed on 2013/03/13

Comments: My business partner and I are real estate agents that partnered up with a builder to help them provide better customer service and communication. The builder already had a great reputation of building a top quality home, so the main area we were looking to improve was communication with clients and to maximize their building experience. We know they will love their home once complete, but getting them through the build cycle with the best experience possible was the challenge. Our answer to the challenge was Co-construct, and we started using it in the summer of 2012. After a short learning curve, the program has improved communication and created an open book for clients. Co-construct allows our client to see everything from their selections (in case they forget), to progress photos, to why their budget has increased (or decreased) in one nicely laid out place. It also allows them to see the construction schedule. However, we chose to turn this feature off because clients focused too much on the day to day and lost focus of the ultimate closing date (as we all know subcontractors can be a day or two late or early). While some clients have a slightly bigger learning curve than others, our feedback has been positive. While the customer side is fantastic, the builder's side is equally great. It allows scheduling and budgeting, but the best feature is being able to pull the program up at the job site to answer questions that arise. This has already saved many hours of phone calls to clarify selections and trips to the office to verify selections. All in all we have been very satisfied with this product and would recommend it to any builder looking to improve their process (just not any builders we compete with). The staff at Co-construct are very helpful and are constantly making great improvements.

Robin H.
Design
  • Reviewed on 2016/02/04

"An easy program to get up and running with the basics."

Pros: I like the response time from the people at Co-construct when I've had a question or problem to work out. They have been very timely in getting back to me. Co-construct is a great way for our construction business to organize many jobs at once and communicate with everyone in the office. Additionally, it is a digital record of all that transpired.

Cons: Sometimes when I'm in selections view for a particular project and I want to go to a different project, Co-construct doesn't always allow me to type in the new projects name in the scroll down box. Sometimes the down arrow is there and allows me to click and search for another name/address and sometimes it isn't. When it isn't I then have to go back to Main Menu and find the particular project by scrolling down to its location. It might be helpful to have a box on the dashboard to type in a particular project's name instead of having to scroll through all the projects we're working on (our list can be long). Then it would take you there immediately. I also have had difficulty adding categories and having them save in the Add Selection view. The new category will be there while I've created, added and saved it, but when I go to another page and come back again it's gone.

by Donny on 2016/02/08

Robin -- Thanks for the heads-up. We're putting in a fix this weekend to address the occasional time where the drop-down menu for switching a project doesn't allow you to search by name. Our project grouping feature may also be of use to you for quickly getting to a project, among a long list of jobs. We'll follow up with you with more detail.

• Reviewed on 2016/02/04
Mikhail G.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/20

"Significant part of our successful project management"

Comments: Simply put, we could not function at the level of efficiency and effectiveness without this program, and its helpful support staff.

Pros: The centralized and well organized communication is key. We feel, as do our clients, that we are truly all "on the same page".

Cons: Interface with other software. It works, but at times sync with Quickbooks is delayed. The new Invoice feature is a step in the right direction, but again interface with Quickbooks has hindered our use of this feature.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/20
Owen G.
  • Reviewed on 2013/03/13

Comments: I was just like every other builder out there, I am competitive on price, I provide a good product and we have good service, but that all usually goes haywire the moment we start to get too busy and then I cant keep up with the paperwork, our quality suffers and I end up with upset and confused clients.
Prior to co-construct I used a regular MIcrosoft Gantt chart for our schedules which, when we first gave it to a client it looks great but after one or two changes it still looks the same, even if I am keeping up with my extensions of time. The client still only looks at the end completion date and I rarely updated the completion date on the Gantt chart. What this meant is that we had clients who still believed they were moving in on the initial completion date. This just created confusion and anger with the clients.
The other thing we would do is let the clients take control of their selections, and as usual, they wouldn't pick them until the last moment and we would lose our tradesmen that we had booked in as we wouldn't have the gear for them to start.
Since we started using Co-construct we have been running ahead of schedule and have been giving all of our clients deadlines for choices. We have happy clients across the board and they all comment on how easy it is to use, I even have an 75 year old lady who is using it and loves it.
It has become a great sales pitch when selling to new customers and we have been winning more projects because of it.
I will never go back to our old system and I can only suggest if you are serious about building a strong reputable company then Co-construct would be the first thing I would implement.
Co-construct where were you 15 years ago!

Neal F.
  • Reviewed on 2013/03/12

Comments: Our firm specializes in full service design/build projects. As such, there are many details we need to identify, organize and manage in order to successfully prepare a project for construction. We utilized a variety of programs to communicate with our clients, define scope of work, budgets, selections and schedule. We were looking for a single source that would integrate these efforts into one user-friendly program. To our delight, not only was this program available, but worked in the Cloud. We did not have to worry about work station compatibility or network configurations. As long as a person had access to the internet, he or she was up and running with a very robust, integrated project management system that addressed all of the critical functions of a successful construction process:
1. Communication (with trades, clients and contractor)
2. Selections (sourcing and approvals)
3. Schedules
4. Financials / Budgets
5. Files and Pictures uploading
6. Warrantee processes
7. Job Log status and updates
All of these functions are available in real time, as it is happening. The gear up time is very reasonable with tutorials and live help as you need them. Customer support is outstanding and the folks who designed the software are open to suggestions on how to improve on functionality and features that you would like to have incorporated in future upgrades. The system is unbelievably affordable and a game changer for us. We are pleased to refer them to all companies interested in improving their processes, efficiency, image and bottom line. Keep up the great work Co-construct.