15 years helping South African businesses

About LogMeIn Pro

Cloud-based solution that provides remote systems management for desktops, servers, and mobile laptops.

Learn more about LogMeIn Pro

Pros:

Good performance for remote work. Integrated well with the system.

Cons:

Does work a little slower than if you were not remotely logined. Some of the features of program are more difficult to use on a Mac.

LogMeIn Pro ratings

4.3
4.0
4.4
3.7

7.7/10

LogMeIn Pro has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 167 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LogMeIn Pro before?

Carlos
Carlos
RPA Developer in Brazil
Chemicals, 201–500 Employees

LogMeIn Pro is exceptional remote access software.

Comments: The LogMeIn Pro software has been used for over 2 years by myself and the IT team for remote access to work computers. We used it a lot during the COVID pandemic to access shared intranet folders and documents. The interface is fluid, clean and very pleasant to use for a long time.

Pros:

The LogMeIn Pro software has pleased me a lot in terms of technical remote access and support for some junior developers. I access files daily on the intranet with LogMeIn Pro and it has always been stable, without lags and delays. It is also possible to use collaboration features using chat, voice and video with the assistant during a remote access help.

Cons:

LogMeIn Pro is nothing short of competing software. It has great visuals and features and especially a good price technical support. I don't see any problems to report.

Brandy
Practice Manager/Owner in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Great Remote Access Software!

Comments: LogMeIn Pro has allowed us to work remotely fairly effortlessly for a reasonable cost. It has really helped us to provide more flexibility to our employees to get their work done, or to still be able to provide support to our team despite being forced to stay home (such as during self-quarantine due to COVID-19, etc.). I haven't worked with their customer support team because I haven't needed to (which is a good thing since we haven't had problems!), so I can't comment on that.

Pros:

It is an excellent price for the functionality. I also like the pricing structure as compared to TeamViewer (it allows unlimited users, and you pay based on how many computers you are accessing). It is very easy to use, with very few kinks. It also is very nice that it saves the log-in information to the computer so that you don't have to type it every time.

Cons:

The mobile app is a bit frustrating because it changes the resolution of the screen you are remote accessing, I assume because it's trying to make things more visible, but then you can't see the other parts of the screen or certain buttons on the program that we use the most. It would be nice if it was optional to change the resolution, but it does it automatically. I would like to just zoom in when necessary and otherwise see the entire screen.

Mara
HR Manager in Netherlands
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

A Powerful Remote Access Solution

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I like that LogMeIn Pro comes with great remote support features and hanldes remote work really well. It is a great solution for IT Management

Cons:

LogMeIn Pro has been amazing. No complaints to list.

Ivo
Ivo
Group Network Administrator in Ireland
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 501–1,000 Employees

Value Remote Desktop Solution

Comments: Can be used to have a remote access solution for your business for access and support purposes. Great control system for administrators and a great concept behind it.
Downside is the need to have the local administrator rights to be able to log in.

Pros:

Logmein can be easy to manage via their web interface and desktop application. Is a low cost solution to a large remote control environment. Allows you to control and track user access, can be used from a mobile device which can be extremely useful in certain situations.

Cons:

To remote access the computer you have to have the local or domain administrator credentials. If i wanted to give a non admin user access to their desktop PC from their laptop it is not possible to accomplish via logmein. Desktop client has extremely limited functionality - most of the management has to be done from the web interface that has poor support for popular browsers like Chrome.

Steven
IT Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Great Software, but Too Expensive

Comments: I loved it until the price became too prohibitive to continue using it.

Pros:

I liked the Remote Access feature, the ability to remotely manage without connecting to the screen.

Cons:

After they hiked up their prices, we switched to a cheaper alternative.

Great for Customer Support

Comments: It is the perfect fit for customer support, especially across different operating systems.

Pros:

As far as remote access programs go, this is one of the best we have used. It allows access across operating systems, which is very beneficial and not true of some of the popular competing products. Taking this one step further LogMeIn maps numeric keypads from Mac to PC as well, which has been a point of frustration for alternative products. LogMeIn also offers some good security features essential for business application. It is very easy to manage users while allowing each user to create their own account and password. Additionally, for each remote machine the user can customize the idle time allowed, add an additional password for access, and filter IP addresses that can access remotely.

Cons:

Mac to PC can be frustrating. Copy & paste from remote PC to local Mac can be problematic as the clipboard does not always sync up and/or pastes in different formatting (adding spaces, removing line breaks, etc.). Also the keyboard mapping can intermittently go haywire from Mac to PC, requiring a closing and reopening of the remote session.

Nathan
Nathan
CEO in Mexico

The industry standard. You simply can't get any better than this software

Comments: When you manage several computers and servers you can do everything remotely and get things going fast.
You can also give tech support and solve problems for your users in the same way, even from your mobile (although it is very complex to work on a tiny screen you can still do everything).

Pros:

Logmein pro is one of the most amazing products I have ever tested and used. You literally can't go wrong with it. You get to manage all the computers you need across the globe with a simple install, it bypasses firewalls and it allows you to have both remote control of the computer and the "back" of the computer, you can do things to give support without actually having to take over the screen, mouse and keyboard. There is simply no other software like it. You have control over everything in a smart and simple way.

Jebin
Jebin
IT MANAGER in Qatar
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Logmein Pro - Review

Comments: Very happy with the overall experience. Managing multiple PC's which are located in different countries.

Pros:

Work both in browser & Client application. User management and permission options. Feels same as local computer as it has various resolution options

Cons:

Pricing seems to be on the higher side..

Katherine
AMazon Intel and Ecomm Mgr in US
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

LogMeIn

Comments: Overall it's fine, I've used better though. It can be a real pain when you are trying to host a meeting and display things from your remote computer. You have to transfer everything over to the physical computer you're on.

Pros:

It's easy to login, set up my desktop, and use most of the functionality of my desktop at work.

Cons:

It logs out a lot, the screen resolution isn't great, and voice/video does not work from remote desktop.

Andrew
Andrew
Controller, CPA in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

LogMeIn Pro Review

Comments: This maintains the fully functionality of your office computer and works well for a small number of users.

Pros:

Great tool for remotely utilizing an office workstation in a BCP environment for an extended work period.

Cons:

The cost is prohibitive to utilize this as a full time solution for a large amount of staff and users.

Account Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Switcher from TeamViewer and have never been happier

Comments: This software has worked really well. I work from home often and also while traveling. It’s a very good and dependable software.

Pros:

Ease of use. You can stay logged on. Normally no problems. Very rarely disconnects.

Cons:

I had to buy a bigger laptop because seeing the screen became problematic.

Jeff
PM in US
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

LogMeIn works exactly as described

Comments: Fantastic!! I have used it every work day (and sometimes when not scheduled to work) to access my work pc setup. I use it on an i7-6700 with 16gb ram and 2 x 27" HP monitors at home, almost the same setup as in work and the experience is almost identical to sitting at the machine. Both sides of the equation have 100Mb+ connections.

Pros:

Since remote working was enforced in Ireland in 2020, LogMeIn has been the backbone of my work day and it has never failed me. I really like the separate file manager and multi-monitor setups.

Cons:

I really like the clipboard sync feature, but it could do with a reset button on the interface as sometimes when the remote computer locks, the clipboard sync does not work until the connection is ended fresh connection is established.

Peter
Owner/Manager in US
Fishery, 2–10 Employees

Always on the Go!

Pros:

I am constantly on the move with my business. While I do not sit in and office, I am constantly on the move presenting and promoting our business to potential customers. As I am on the road, it is sometimes difficult to manage all of the tasks that would be easy to do from the computer in my office. LogMeIn Central allows me to access my desktop in my office from anywhere in the world in which I have an internet connection. The responsiveness of the software seamlessly allows me to complete tasks as LogMeIn is essentially acting as a portal view to my own computer. This allows me to complete even the most demanding tasks such as multimedia presentations and programs which are very hardware demanding. Before having purchased this software, I was stuck with using a thumb drive and I would have to rely on the computer that was available to me which made my company that much less efficient.

Cons:

I had a difficult time setting up the remote server at first. I had to seek the help of my on call IT person to assist me in getting this set up on my computer in my office but once I did It was smooth sailing from there.

Mark
IT in US

Best and most affordable remote app in the market

Pros:

This is the most affordable remote desktop app. It is compatible with Windows, MAC. The best part I like is the remote file access capabilities, and grouping the computers. This saves a lot of time. I use this instead of VPN. Just install the app and start remote desktop. Saved a lot of time providing support.

Cons:

Once in a while for some reason, on mac the remote access would be disabled automatically. I have to keep turning it on which is kind of annoying.

Kaes
Surgeon in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Ist climbed up quickly

Comments: During my time using this software I had no issues and it was seamless and fast, just didn't appreciate the significant price increase when other competitors were providing similar service at a lower price point. Sorry.

Pros:

Was great with fast connection, seamless operation, rich features including file sharing, drag and drop etc...

Cons:

Price: increased quite a lot, used it for several years but because of cost, we had to switch to another competitor.

Oliver
Partner in Canada

Remote data and computer management

Pros:

Was eventually useful for controlling iMacs at work at two different locations. Allowed for simple file transfer options and whiteboard feature decent for collaboration with others when out of office.

Cons:

Expensive renewal options. Only allows remote control of two computers and price goes up quickly if more computers or locations required. Cheaper and as effective alternatives exist.

Tina
Enrolled Agent in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Wonderful Tool

Comments: The ability to run payroll remotely or pay liabilities if you didn't get to it during the day; can print reports either at the computer's location or at your desk; can assist another person sitting at the remote computer

Pros:

Ability to remotely "sit" at another desktop without leaving your office! Or you forgot to retrieve a file, with this you can just login and print it at your desk!

Cons:

I have not found anything that I don't particularly like about the product. Haven't used all the available options, but the ones I have work great

Beverly
Finance Director in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Logmein Review

Comments: Overall it is a good product and makes working outside of the office easier.

Pros:

It is very easy to login and use at any time of the day. I have not had any issues with LogMeIn.

Cons:

Depending on what I am working on, the view on the screen is smaller than my regular computer screen. Then I have to adjust my viewing size.

kristin
Manager of Finance in Canada
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Overpriced and poor service

Pros:

Well the software does work for the most part if you have a new OS

Cons:

1. I have a macbook pro that is 4years old and logmein has stopped working. The customer service folks at logmein have told me that the only way to get back up and running is to buy a new computer and that a pro rated refund is not an option. 2. Rates went from $200 to $400 per year per user last year. I didn't notice any improvements with this 100% price increase. Not sure how they can possibly justify this.

Morris
Officer in US

It Serves The Purpose

Pros:

the fact that i could site at home are at work and maneuver my computer in my other home or office without having to bother anyone

Cons:

after all it's working with the internet and at times when the service is poor then the whole program is getting a nap and you can't do anything

Dawn
Client Svcs/Operations in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

LogMeIn is the best

Comments: I use this daily and love it. I can access my other computer with no worries.

Pros:

Ease of use. LogMeIn makes it as simple as a double click to access my other computer.

Cons:

Updates sometimes make it necessary to reload software

Daniel
Systems Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Expensive for Remote Management Software

Pros:

It has a robust feature set and has apps for Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac.

Cons:

It's very expensive for what I've used it for, but it's also more reliable.

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

LogMeIn

Comments: Overall I liked the problem that it solved but it wasn't that strong of a tool. Always slow and lagging.

Pros:

Overall I like the problem that LogMEIn solves. Super happy that there is a tool like this that exists. We would use it daily and it was good to have access to remote CPU's.

Cons:

Overall Quality is ok. Connection always seems unstable and seems like there's a lag but could be my own internet speed. Ease of Use: Fairly easy, but not real intuitive Features & Functionality are basic and decent. Customer Support: Needed but process was long and drawn out. Not too helpful

Ian
owner in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great but expensive

Pros:

LogMeIn was so east to use and always worked flawlessly

Cons:

We used LogMeIn for years until they priced themselves right out of the market. It got far too expensive to keep using

George
Data Analyst in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

LogMeIn is a life saver

Pros:

I started using LogMeIn when it was a free. That was a long time ago. When they started charging base on user, I opted for the PRO account. It helped me support remote sites, servers, and user support. The app and services was VERY reliable and easy to use.

Cons:

With the different product options, it was confusing for the user at times. I understand charging the customers based on different needs. Price per user can be pricey for large organizations.