SurveyMonkey Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,3 /5

About SurveyMonkey

A market-leading survey platform.

Learn more about SurveyMonkey

Showing 8 320 reviews

Cole R.
Operations Specialist
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/16

"The Leading Survey Software on the Market"

Comments: Overall, we are very pleased with how SurveyMonkey helps us successfully tackle a wide array of tasks. The product is so incredibly customizable which allows it to be reconstructed to help us with everything from weekly surveys to determine lunch orders for employees, to satisfaction surveys, to focus group surveys, to product questionnaires, and more. The greatest value SurveyMonkey provides any business is time-savings. The product makes survey creation, distribution, results tracking and collection, and analyzation quicker than any manual labor or combination of other softwares.

Pros: Much like with any product or software, ease of use is the most important pro because it defines the entire user experience. SurveyMonkey's ease of use and compatibility with a variety of systems and softwares earn the product an A+. After a few login's and explorations of the software, it quickly becomes apparent that the design of this product is well-thought out and strategic. The flow from between pages is simple, looking for and finding tools is intuitive and you're often time able to find things on your own. To add to what has already proven to be an A+ software, the incredible amount of customization that can be applied to surveys and their results analyzing make SurveyMonkey that much more impressive. The software is so versatile that we've successfully used for Marketing, Product Development, Human Resources, Accounting, and more.

Cons: More than any other product or software I have ever reviewed, SurveyMonkey has the fewest cons. Truthfully, from our experience with the software, there really are no stand-out cons that we've been unhappy about. When having to thoroughly consider all aspects of the product, I'd say the greatest con is the cost of the product. We operate on a business plan that charges per user with a minimum requirement of 3 users per plan. I'd like to see plan options with preset amount of users that would offer better rates. The cost of the Personal Plans are much much worse and mostly require annual payments versus monthly which locks you in for one year and I think the lack of flexibility there is SurveyMonkey's biggest upset. I'd hardly ever consider their use for personal at their current costs.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/16
Eva B.
Program Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Does it's Job, but not always the job you want"

Comments: Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

Pros: Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

Cons: I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export so that I can easily develop my own graphs vs. having to rely on the survey monkey versions. I also wish their was an option to build out a .pdf of the data in a way that works for me. I would MUCH rather edit a .pdf as I am am building out my data story then have to go in an edit each individual question again. I just wish their were more ways to build out data vizualization pieces after the data is collected.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Amy S.
Tech Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/13

"Translating Member Needs into Useful Data"

Comments: Our non-profit homeschooling group uses SurveyMonkey as a tool for members to voice their needs. Our annual Member Survey allows the Board of Directors to hear from the entire group about how the organization has served them in the past, and what they would like to organize in the future. Electronic polling allows members far and near to participate in the the decision-making process whether or not they can attend an in-person meeting. Project-specific surveys help narrow down focus, finances, and participation.

Pros: Survey Monkey allows our Board of Directors to gather input from members quickly and efficiently. Questions can be tailored to provide data that powers decision-making on behalf of a diverse group.

Cons: We struggle to share access to features across our group of 8. It is awkward to collaborate in the creation process when developing our annual Member Survey. It would be handy to have a group access function to enable our leadership team to contribute and modify questions communally.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/13
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/17

"Great for Basic Survey Needs and Easy Setup"

Comments: I have used Qualtrics and Survey Monkey both and I think depending on the needs, SurveyMonkey may be a better fit in many survey projects.

Pros: SurveyMonkey platform has been out there for a while and it is one of the most widely used online survey platform for majority of users. I have used it many times during project evaluation, class evaluations and also certain fun events at the company gathering. It has all the basic tools one needs for the survey such as setting up variety of questions (Logical: true/false or yes/nop, ratings: 1 to 10, satisfaction or interest: not at all to highly). One can get lot of options during the setup as well for determining what kind of response is appropriate. One question response could be not interested to highly interested while other could be very easy to very difficult. Once the setup is done collection of results is done by SurveyMonkey automatically and stored for analyzing. SurveyMonkey provides a lot of tools for performing analysis on the data whether it be through graphical methods or percentage methods or other statistical methods. I enjoy these varieties as different questions needs different analysis when presenting to the larger crowd. Visual information gets people more in tuned and its easy to pass on lot of information in a short period of time.

Cons: SurveyMonkey has some limitation on the design tools that are available during the setup process. I think it could use a revamp and make the surveys more attractive. Due to limitations it may not be a perfect fit for some of the highly complex surveys. There is some learning curve to make the best use of the online tool to get what you need. Most people want to use the free edition of the tool but then you loose access to major features which is not available unless one upgrades. Otherwise I do not see much negative side of this platform considering it can be used for free in majority of the cases.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/17
Tonico C.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/13

"Easy to use, great results."

Comments: With SurveyMonkey, I can create surveys and collect the opinion of my clients about my business. Also, I can generate questions to understand the client's needs. With survey create on SurveyMonkey is easy to study your target public and clients. You can also conduct academic research using their feature of the targeting audience. I am a researcher, and I am a respondent on SurveyMonkey. They are a great company to do a partnership, so I believe SurveyMonkey is a powerful tool to help businesses around the World understand their clients and study the market.

Pros: SurveyMonkey is a great tool to connect your clients with your business. They have a simple layout, and it has many tools to help you create a survey. Also, the shape of the questionary is clean and easy to understand. For this reason, the respondents can give their best opinion about your business. The free version has almost everything you need to create high-quality surveys, and the price of the year subscription is a good deal because of this, I highly recommend SurveyMonkey.

Cons: I like less of the block of the feature of added your company logo in the free version. You can't put your logo on your survey if you have only the free version. I think the feature company logo added to the free version will attract more partners to SurveyMonkey because the partner will feel more confident and encouraged to spread their brand, and the partnership with SurveyMonkey with their public, clients, and respondents.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/13
Ashley H.
Operations Specialist
Real Estate, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/12

"Love Survey Money!"

Comments: Survey Monkey is very user friendly. I like that I am able to create my own surveys and easily track the data for my company.

Pros: Survey Monkey is very easy to set up. You can use the pre-generated questions or you have the option to create it yourself. This software helps your business get the information it needs. You have the ability to use as a questioner or for feedback.

Cons: I do wish that Survey Monkey had more free options for its templates. The paid option does give you more features, but i find the free options are very effective.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/12
Xorla A.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/13

"My preferred e survey platform"

Comments: We typically used SurveyMonkey for our internal data collection activities, and other field activities that need to be quickly launched.

Pros: how easy it is to design a questionnaire. Also the ease of making revisions to surveys after being launched

Cons: Not so many options for customizing design and interphases.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/13
Daine S.
Social media marketing
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/29

"Survey monkey easy money for your time"

Comments: My experience has been great I have been able to make an extra hundred dollars per month using this software and I hope it stays relevant and lucrative in the future so I can continue to.

Pros: What I like most is that you’re able to complete surveys from anywhere in the world and receive money and a pay out whether it’s points or currency. I’ve grown to love this software and apps and have it on all of my devices that are able to download it you can cash out via PayPal and it’s very easy to navigate and use use of convenience is perfect and recommend it highly to all of my peers and coworkers.

Cons: Well I like leases that most of the survey is legal to nothing however I love that they keep a point system so you don’t just waste your time .

• Reviewed on 2020/12/29
Sales & Service Training Specialist
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"We use these to see promoters within the company"

Comments: Survey Monkey has been great to see how the staff is, it's just cumbersome to get back to a new submission right after the previous customer has completed theirs and you have another customer that needs to take the survey directly afterward.

Pros: I love that I get a detailed report sent to me every Monday! We use this at work to see how our customer interactions are and what we can do better. We put them on iPads for all the Sales Reps to use. This has been vital to growing as individuals and as a staff.

Cons: I like a lot of it (the parts that I use), but sometimes you have to refresh a TON to get to a new submission page. On the last page where it says it's been successfully submitted, it would be great to have a button that was "new submission" rather than having to go out of the browser (we use Safari) and going back in.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Orlando B.
Business administrator
Internet, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/01

"An excellent tool for creating surveys"

Comments: Thanks to SurveyMonkey, our company can obtain important information about what our valued customers think. We can know what they like and what they don't. In addition, many times our administration department conducts a survey to send it to the other workers of the company to know their opinion about our work and if we are doing things well as administrators. It is a fabulous tool.

Pros: SurveyMonkey is an extraordinary tool to create surveys that serve a lot for marketing strategies and when making decisions in the company. I like it to be free to create basic surveys. In addition, it is very easy to use, it is not necessary to be an expert to be able to prepare a survey and share it with the people you want. I can easily move the questions up and down. I can preview the survey before submitting it. You can add the company logo and add a background image.

Cons: The SurveyMonkey price is a bit high. I know they offer many useful tools, but if the cost were a little lower it would be excellent. Technical support is limited, there is no live chat option, for that reason if I have any questions I have to wait several hours to receive an answer.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/01
Govinda H.
Project Head
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/16

"Review for Survey Monkey"

Comments: I am very happy with it as it serves the purpose of my job role. I am looking for a basic tool to collect information and analyse which it does. However, you get what you pay for. As it’s cheaper, it offers less options.

Pros: The fact that it is user-friendly and can be accessed by anyone wherever they are. It can also be easily dispatched and filled out without any problems. Offers simplicity and security.

Cons: It doesn’t offer a lot of functionalities and options. Compared to other platforms, it is simple and for basic use. For complex analysis and depiction, it’s not the right tool.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/16
Arpan S.
Technical Support Consultant
Computer Software, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/12

"One of the best cloud based software as a service online survey creation tools!"

Comments: The tool can an asset to any business because the feedback received from the audience can be used to make improvements in the existing business model, ultimately helping a business in gaining satisfaction among customers.

Pros: - Simple and easy to use interface.
- Able to quickly generate and sending out a form which can be used to get feedback from people around the world.
- Little to no training is required even for a beginner with creating and sending out surveys.
- Ability to extract and share actionable insights on the fly and take corrective actions.
- The surveys are highly customized according to one's needs. For instance: a company's logo can be added.

Cons: - The cost of Team Advantage and Team Premier plans can be high for small and medium businesses.
- The free plan is of little to no use for any business as it comes with major limitations:
A survey with only a maximum of 10 questions can be created and only maximum of 100 responses can be viewed per survey.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/12
Jeff B.
Consultant/Coach
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/13

"SurveyMonkey Review"

Comments: Highly recommended product. I have most often been very satisfied with the results of using this product. I will probably jinx myself but it is basically pain free!

Pros: This is a top tool for organizations or individuals to use both internally and externally. The market research you can obtain is robust and the customer feedback is a welcomed area of response as well. The ease of use makes the UI friendly and clean. The analytics when all the data is back in your hands is truly second to none. Finally the templates (and the number of options in creation) are very welcomed and again easy to use and deploy.

Cons: The only issue we found over time was that internally, the simplest thing was for 1 person to "own" the survey versus using a team feature to have multiple stakeholders as editing became a nightmare!

• Reviewed on 2020/09/13
Laura T.
Communications Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Super easy survey tool!"

Comments: Overall it is an easy way to gain feedback and it is easy to use! I like the different pricing options as well.

Pros: My association pays for Survey Monkey which means that we can do special themes and branding - which look amazing!! The product is so easy to use and there are a number of question templates that make it easy to get the kind of results that you are looking for. Then, just export it all into an easily readable report! We previously were using a survey tool that required us to completely re-format the report that took hours of staff time. Now with just one click we have results that are easy to read, share and store.

Cons: Once you determine how to export the survey to meet your needs it is simple, but it does require some effort to ensure that you are selecting the correct reporting options. Also, if you need to add an attachment to the final page of your survey, you have to make sure that you click off of the link before hitting next or else it does not save the attachment. We have sent out a few surveys without the necessary attachment before figuring out this rule.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/14
Lauren K.
Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/17

"Great Product, High Price Tag"

Comments: As I stated, Survey Monkey is very user friendly. Our survey-takers have no issues nor do the people setting up surveys. It is a fairly clean and straightforward product. As long as prices don't increase again we will continue to use Survey Monkey.

Pros: I love the paid version of Survey Monkey. The free version is missing many of the features and options that you need to customize surveys to your brand standards. Creating surveys on Survey Monkey is easy. They offer template questions, a number of format options, and it even offers the ability to add logic to your surveys. The logic option for surveys is by far my favorite option. I can have users skip entire sections based on their answer to one question. Survey Monkey is incredibly user friendly.

Cons: The price of Survey Monkey is a little higher than I think it should be. We don't necessarily use it daily and that makes the price a little steep in my eyes. I don't think prices should be based on number of users. The prices also continue to change and increase. I have also had some experience with customer service. We had an HR manager leave and not pass on the credentials for our Survey Monkey account. It took a lot longer than I expected to be able to access the account.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/17
Gisela W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/13

"Functional surveying tool that gets good response rate due to its ease of use by the target group"

Pros: Setting up surveys is quick and they look good when you send them out there. If one has planned the survey well, the results can be very effective in motivating for changes in the business plan or strategy. Respondents find the surveys easy to complete quickly. The data sets that are gathered can be filtered and additional features are available for which one has to pay. Even so, when the results of the survey save the company money, one can easily justify the expenditure on R&D.

Cons: No real problems were experienced while using Survey Monkey. To stay ahead in the field, picture survey might need to be included, and also the possibility for updated feedback, or timed responses. For example if I want the respondent to be reminded to respond on a particular question again some time later, to measure a change in circumstances, it would be useful to tag a "sub survey" onto the main survey, without having to set up all the questions again in a second survey.
Setting Survey monkey up to be like a "Random Comments and Criticism Help Desk" is being tested by using the original survey and submitting it to a smaller weekly group of customers, but the amount of extra effort is being outweighed by the "norm" of currently "adequate" in-house customer support function.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/13
Praveen S.
IT Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/12

"Good way to make some money during free time."

Comments: Overall I don't really recommend this to someone who wanted to earn more money in less time, I would feel working outside like Uber/Lyft Cab, and other similar part-time would give you more earnings than this. However, it's good for someone who wanted to share their thoughts and opinion on their interests.

Pros: I have been using this for more than a year, I found it very useful to make some money during our free time.
Below are a few key features that I found very useful:
-> Easy to register and do the initial set-up.
-> At any given point in time, there will be lots of surveys available to do, we can choose according to our own interest.
-> We can do as many as we want in a day, there is no restriction in doing so.
-> Once we reach 10$ or equivalent points, we can choose the payout from the wide range of gift cards or we can choose PayPal (real money!) too.
-> Anyone can do this - students, homemakers, working people, etc. - during their free time.

Cons: I found a few cons too with this portal, here are a few: -> You won't be eligible for all surveys which you see in the dashboard.
-> Literally you need to spend hours to make a few dollars.
-> Most of the surveys would need at least 15-30 mins to complete, that's really a lot of time. And completing would give you typically anywhere between 0.5-2$
-> All surveys initially start with a few boring routine questions, which make you pissed off.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/12
Captioning Agent
Telecommunications, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/01

"It's a really interesting & good idea for a survey app :)"

Comments: I love the overall concept & general idea of the program & will continue to use it & contribute :)

Pros: I like that anything you're paid from your survey is donated to organizations that need it most instead of being paid it & keeping it to use for myself.

Cons: It would be kind of cool if the user was matched what they were contributing but at the same time it makes me feel really good to know I'm contributing to someone who needs it most :)

• Reviewed on 2021/05/01
Vlada D.
Associate Media Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/09

"Free survey platform to gather and analyze data"

Comments: Overall, SurveyMonkey is an easy to use tool to create surveys to distribute to as many people as you like. You can use this to get feedback on products, ideas, etc. It is a great tool to use externally or internally with your coworkers. Highly recommend this if you want to get online feedback from multiple parties.

Pros: SurveyMonkey is a great tool to gather data from online surveys. You can use this to get information about a specific product or idea and sending out this survey is extremely easy. A pro is that you are able to create different types of questions (multiple choice, select multiple boxes or fill in the blank). You can also have as many questions as you like. Taking the surveys is also very straight forward and free.

Cons: There are no cons with this platform. It is very easy to create or take a survey. Overall, there is a limited learning curve so highly recommend!

• Reviewed on 2020/09/09
Bethany W.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/28

"Highly Effective Survey Tool"

Comments: SurveyMonkey is definitely our survey tool of choice. It's flexibility and ease of use really brings it to the top of the survey tool option list.

Pros: SurveyMonkey provides such an easy method of gathering input from our members. We are able to put together a survey in just a few minutes with many different styles of questions to pick from. We have used SM for feedback after events, needs assessments, and to collect data that impacts our organizational decision-making. The shareable link generates as soon as you're finished creating the survey and is able to sent out to members quickly afterwards. The notifications are helpful that indicate when a survey response has been received and it's easy to review their answers within the dashboard.

Cons: We have not participated in the paid subscription to date because our organization is small. But, in the free version, the design features are pretty limited. However, it fits the bill if you don't need something that's design heavy!

• Reviewed on 2020/10/28
Milan N.
Marketing Manager
Information Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Automation at its finest"

Comments: The automated features and suggestions provided by SurveyMonkey make the entire process of designing a survey and analyzing its results simple. We mainly use SurveyMonkey to collect customer feedback and its always been a smooth experience with little to no technical issues.

Pros: If you already have your survey questions written and you're building from scratch, you can just copy and paste your questions into the text box and format it so SurveyMonkey can recognize which text is the question and answer choices. From there, SurveyMonkey will create those questions for you and all it takes is a review and some formatting to ensure it's the correct question format and everything is set up properly. The preview feature makes is super easy to share the survey with other reviewers before it's published. The survey results export features is another benefit as it does most of the work in compiling all the results and displaying them in visually appealing charts and graphs.

Cons: There should be a quick way of separating each question onto its own page if all the questions were initially on a single page. When it comes to commenting on the survey in preview mode, other reviewers must have a SurveyMonkey account to leave comments.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Brian O.
System Administrator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/12

"SurveyMonkey is the perfect survey tool for business assessment"

Comments: I can generally comment that with SurveyMonkey you have got everything under control such as you can tell whether your stakeholders are satisfied with your services and also it allows you to assess the crucial areas you need to improve in order to be as competitive as possible. this magnificent tool helps to improve collaboration between different stakeholders for better success of the business and better service provisions.

Pros: SurveyMonkey monkey is a cool tool to use because it enables me to structure my own questions that can help my organization to assess its progress as well as knowing the areas that they need to focus their attention in order to improve its productivity and thus increase profit.
This software is user-friendly and is easy to manage.
I also like this tool because it generates feedback from customers and other stakehokeholders concerned to ensure the business is competitive.
it makes it easier and cheaper collecting data online unlike moving around with questions and documents to be filled which in my opinion is very time-consuming.

Cons: The premium version of SurveyMonkey is quite expensive to deploy and maintain.
another thing is that the free version has got very limited functionalities and allows very few questions and responses.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/12
Nicole F.
HR leader
Legal Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/25

"Changes to paid model are painful"

Comments: Relatively quick, easy and cheap way to send basic surveys to your population. However, if you are looking to do something more robust, highly recommend getting a different tool that has better features, functionality and automatic analysis.

Pros: Pretty quick and easy to set up a survey, send it out and get simple data and information. They always add new features so the software is able to do more and more over time.

Cons: As they make changes to their paid model, they are implementing painful controls (like IP tracking) and a code verification process that is frustrating. It works in theory but, for companies that mask and constantly change IPs, this means you’ll constantly be sent new verification codes to login and, unfortunately, the verification codes go to a systems administrator, not to you. This means that what was once a simple login process is now cumbersome and will slow you down, potentially daily. More and more features like this are being added and make the product frustrating to use. They’ve also made it difficult to customize and export reports when, previously, a few clicks and you were done. They’ve tried to enhance reporting to give you more chart options but the usability of the product has worsened as a result.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Marketing expert
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/23

"SurveyMonkey Experience"

Comments: We have a regular need to get to know our clients opinions regarding several events that we host for them, such as conferences, courses, etc. It is important for us to have access to a platform that allows us to create several surveys without investing too much time or effort on it, and that allows us to easily review the results as well. SurveyMonkey has been a very useful tool to achieve this, and it is really easy just to send the link to the survey to our clients and customers. We are satisfied with the tool so far, would definitely keep using it and recommend it.

Pros: It is easy to use and does not take too much time or effort to create a survey, neither to check the results of one. Even the trial mode is very complete and useful. You don´t need any kind of previous experience to use it, like programming skills or anything like that. It is very intuitive and it takes you step by step in the process of creating your surveys. If you have a regular need of this kind of services, the membership is not that expensive and is worth paying it.

Cons: The trial version is limited to 10 questions per survey only, other functions are limited as well. There are a varity of templates to use but they are not very flexible or easy to customize, even with a membership.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/23
Dina M.
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/25

"SurveyMonkey Bottomline"

Comments: SurveyMonkey is a great platform if you are not looking for too many free options. Overall, it is easy to use and gets the job done. I would highly recommend paying for a plan to get most out of the software. Depending on your needs, it might be worth it to pay for it.

Pros: SurveyMonkey is easy to use for basic data collection. If you want to create and administer a quick survey that has up to 10 questions, then it will do the job for you. It's free and you can get about 100 responses at the most for the basic plan. However, if you are looking to collect more robust information from your clients or an audience, then you will need to pay for a better plan that can give you a lot more concrete data.

Cons: The free edition is so basic that it is not worth it for those of us who want to build robust surveys and collect meaningful data out of participant responses. It would be great it the basic edition had more options, such as access to logo additions and URL links without an extra added fee for what is considered to be a basic survey. The platform itself is easy to use but the functionality of moving questions up and down can be somewhat inconvenient at times.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/25