Constant Contact Reviews

• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,2 /5
    4,2 /5

About Constant Contact

All the marketing tools, features, and expert guidance you need to succeed, all in one place. Create your free website today.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Showing 1 825 reviews

Robin I.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/31

"Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales"

Comments: I've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.

Pros: There are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.

Cons: I've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/31
Michelle O.
Development Officer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/09

"Ease of use for Small Shop"

Comments: The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Pros: Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Cons: Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/09
Neffer K.
CFBU Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will"

Comments: I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros: I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Cons: I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Feyisayo E.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/09

"Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best"

Comments: I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros: 1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons: Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/09
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Public Policy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/03

"Robust Email Marketing"

Comments: Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros: Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons: Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/03
Karen S.
Director of Communications
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/07

"The industry leader that I WANT to love"

Comments: Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Pros: It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Cons: The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/07
Edward M.
Jefe de marketing
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe"

Pros: It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

Cons: Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Mike J.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/26

"With a few small Kinks this software managed to bring in a staggering amount of new business legally"

Comments: With this software I didn't run into the normal problems of implementing changes in the physical appearance of the content of my mailer and it seemed to not get caught up in spam filters like other programs that offer the same thing this company offers it and actually follows through with it. I would recommend this.

Pros: The automation of this software is beyond intuitive it's closer to artificial intelligence than anything. Providing crucial analytical data back to myself and my team we could reconfigure our approach to different demographics which ultimately LED in huge surges and increases in business.

Cons: For some reason with most of these automated mail programs the same issues tended to plague them. The double opt out feature is what I'm really talking about which is also known as the unsubscriber list. Often clunky and the only part of the whole package that wasn't intuitive as it required individual attention which raised costs in man hours. That was easily negated by the large number of business it brought in due to its strong analytics though. This is a important tool for a smaller business looking to take the next step.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/26
Jaclyn L.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/02

"Easy to use but has limited design functions."

Pros: Constant Contact is intuitive and makes building professional-looking emails straightforward. It also facilitates event registrations and syncs well with our other platforms and accounts. I like the new "check for errors" function that verifies there are no broken links in the email.

Cons: Within the body of the emails, there are limits to how one can arrange text and images; and, oftentimes it requires dragging the item to the same spot repeatedly until it lands in the right place. At least once per each email built, I need to log out of Constant Contact and log back in in order to correctly edit the email layout.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/02
Jon M.
Executive Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/27

"Getting better and better"

Comments: Overall we are pleased with Constant Contact in their integration with other systems. The customer support is very good.

Pros: I like the ease-of-use and that they have made upgrades over the years to the system to make it better and more intuitive.

Cons: The events management system has not received an upgrade in quite a while and it is starting to lag behind other systems.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/27
Erin E.
Marketing and Digital Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/20

"Constant Contact Partners is Awesome"

Comments: We manage Constant Contact accounts for 70 Real Agents and the Partners console is critical for account management and our sanity. We use it differently than most users, we rarely use templates. We have an intranet process that automates the coding of each email. This allows us to easily customize the emails for each agent and the properties they want to showcase. So use just dump the code into constant contact select the lists and off the emails go. It really is the only way we could effectively manage 70 accounts, otherwise, it would take weeks for us to get through all 70 agents' custom emails.

Pros: We chose Constant Contact over competitors for the Partners Console. We really needed to be able easily to manage 70 accounts.

Cons: Reporting in my opinion is lacking in the partner's console. Often, we send a customized version of the same email to all of our agents. To gather reporting data we have to go back into each individual account and to get Open Rates and Click-through rates for each email we send. It would be awesome if we could select a data window in the Partners console and it provided data on all emails that went out in that time frame. I wish they didn't emphasize their templates so much, which we rarely use. For us being able to automate the emails is critical and it be amazing if they provided custom code templates for building mobile-responsive emails. Updating our automated system is a bear and keeping up with ever-changing email issues only adds to the frustration. Emails is what they do, and it would be very easy for them to provide those options. So we could focus on just automating process .

• Reviewed on 2020/11/20
Associate Director
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/16

"Great email marketing software"

Comments: Great email marketing software with many tools for success.

Pros: Easy to use, synced with internal database easily, and gave us great analysis and reporting on our emails.

Cons: Overtime we were looking to do more with testing different versions of emails. For example, a software that could send an email with two different subject lines or body content and then see if one was performing better than another before sending out another wave of the same email. This software was still really great - has so much to offer, easy to use, and perhaps it has already expanded on what it offers. We moved to another software recently and i'm sure companies keep expanding on what they offer.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/16
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/11

"Constant Contact User Friendly For First Timers"

Comments: When one is starting out, there may not be that many customers to send out newsletters, create content, etc. Thus I feel Constant Contact is a great email marketing service for very small businesses and freelancers. I say this because it is very user-friendly and thus allows for faster creation/delivery plus the current price of $20USD is great. For sophisticated campaigns, A/B testing, automation, etc I would recommend another email marketing provider as there are plans for small business that allows for growth with more features for less price per month.

Pros: What I absolutely love about Constant Contact is the ease of use for first-timers. The first time that I used this software was when I was working as a design consultant for a small business. I found Constant Contact to be very easy to learn and fun to use with its drag and drop interface for email marketing. The templates were easy to modify and I loved the fact that there we were given access to Shutterstock for our images. This was great as I didn't need to do any additional work to resize images. Additionally, lists were easy to create and we were easily able to create specific campaigns to recapture former customers. Lastly, it was easy for me to use html and css for more customization.

Cons: One of the things that I dislike about Constant Contact is that one is limited to the number of users for the Email Plan at $20USD. Some small businesses do not have 500 contacts yet have more that one person who does admin duties. Our office could only have one person do the newsletters, campaigns, etc which wasn't always productive as you could imagine as I only came in a couple of times a week!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/11
Nancy B.
Museums & Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/19

"Helps our museum get the word out and grow our list of contacts"

Comments: Using Constant Contact has helped our historic house museum grow a list of subscribers who want to receive meaningful information about our events and programming. Their templates and scheduling options allow us to send content where and when we want it to reach our contacts.

Pros: Constant Contact makes it easy for our historic house museum to email our contacts with information on our upcoming events and programming. With templates that are easy to use, we can create emails that have a strong visual impact and include links for ticketing, etc. Having a sign-up link for Constant Contact on our website and Facebook page helps us grow our list. Constant Contact always sends out emails with updates on new subscribers as well as people who have unsubscribed from our emails. We like that we can create and schedule numerous email blasts. Once an event is planned, we can set multiple emails to go out at various points during a particular campaign and at the times that we want them to reach our constants.

Cons: As the administrator of our Constant Contact and the sole creator of content, it was somewhat overwhelming at first in reviewing all of the template options. However, once a standard template was chosen, it was easier to create emails.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/19
Gayle C.
Volunteer
2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/18

"Excellent tool for email marketing."

Comments: For the price, this program provides an excellent tool for organizations that focus on email marketing campaigns. If your needs are focused around email marketing, this is certainly the program to consider.

Pros: This software worked well for our email campaigns, but it lacked some features that were specific to the growing needs of our organization. We definitely would have stayed with this software if it would have met all the needs of our organization as we grew in size and function. The templates were easy to customize, and the emails always looked very professional. I also liked how the emails were tied into the registration page and the final reports.

Cons: This is not an easy program to learn how to use. It's easy to make mistakes, especially when learning the program. Thank goodness for the excellent tech support provided. Their skilled and friendly tech support makes up for the difficulty learning the software. Their tech support is the main reason I would encourage others to consider using this software because of the steep learning curve. They fixed many problems for me, and they were always eager to help!

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/31

"Great tool for email marketing and social media"

Comments: We use Constant Contact to manage several clients' email marketing, and it's proven to be an all around solid tool which lets us built out campaigns in minutes. I highly recommend Constant Contact!

Pros: Constant Contact has come a long way in the past few years, with the addition of new tools and UI, helping it keep up with competitors such as MailChimp. The drag-n-drop email designer is great, with integrations such as social media, Woocommerce, and more. Overall, Constant Contact is easy to use for email marketing, better priced than the competition, and is a great tool to manage all of your email contacts.

Cons: In some sections/features of the site, the interface is a bit clunky and can be a bit difficult to figure out what you're trying to achieve. The social media section in particular is a victim to this, and isn't as intuitive as some other platforms.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Gaby A.
Marketing Specialist
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/17

"Feel like a pro -- with or without the skills!"

Pros: It's incredibly simple to understand the software and put it to good use; that being said, you'll find that the hardest part will sometimes be coming up with the design itself since you're not faced with the burden of troubleshooting or dealing with a complex interface. You're able to distribute awesome emails and understand their analytics, too.

Cons: I do wish we had the capability to insert our own code into a newsletter, or work with text spacing, margin size, and the overall layout a little more extensively, but this is coming from a perfectionist's viewpoint. Make no mistake: you will be creating great material with such simplicity you'll feel invincible, but (as with anything we're given restrictions on) sometimes you'll wish you had just a tiiiiiiny bit more freedom.

by Constant Contact on 2019/06/20

Thank you so much for your review, Gaby! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the ease-of-use and design features. We have also shared your feedback with our team regarding the ability to add custom code. Thanks again and if you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our marketing advisors!

• Reviewed on 2019/06/17
Rick B.
Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/19

"Good but not best fit for us"

Comments: Overall, our experience with CC was good. As I had noted earlier, the deal breaker for us was the limited emails they offered as contacts that were free. I have re-looked at their services and it looks like they have diversified and expanded their services quite a bit since we last used them. I'm planning to relook a little more at their product.

Pros: We liked that the templates were easy to use and there was a decent selection of them. We were using as a trial for possible replacement of our paper bulletins at church and looking to get a digital version. At the time, Constant Contact had a smaller limit of email contacts that were free vs one of their competitors. We liked the interface and the overall design elements.

Cons: Really, the only thing that was the deal breaker for us (as a small growing church) was the limit of email contacts they had offered as free. The other parts and aspects, we really liked. I think CC has a great product.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/19
Subash B.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/28

"Easy To Use Email Marketing Tool"

Comments: Email marketing tool for top of mind & conversion.

Pros: Constant Contact is really easy to use - it's features of templates, integrations and customizability for automation and sequences is a real boom for businesses to maintain customer contact - to stay on top of mind and influence their behaviour - while not taking too much time doing it - is awesome. The list management features of tags help you slice & dice your lists to ensure that they are catered to with great customized message.

Cons: It can get really expensive for very large lists, especially when compared to various newer alternatives. The editor can at times be frustrating as you cant fix a small niggle like a space between elements and the test email looks different from the actual broadcast email. List management features like a dashboard with data & analysis of the list of the number of people who are frequent viewers, frequent clicks, non-openers, etc are really useful to take a look at what is happening to the list & its health.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/28
Jeff E.
ERP Software Implementation Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/13

"Great For Email Marketing and Newsletters"

Comments: I have setup, trained on, and used Constant Contact at three or four companies I have worked at.

Pros: The software is easy to learn, use, and the templates for the emails are nice yet simple to customize. The feedback about open rates is good and it's easy to setup follow-up campaigns. Importing and exporting lists is also very straight forward!

Cons: I wish that there was a few more templates to choose from, even if there was an additional charge for them

• Reviewed on 2020/10/13
Erica D.
Special Projects' Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Super easy to use"

Comments: Overall we really like Constant Contact. It's great that we can references back to information, emails, and events from YEARS ago that are saved in the system. It's like our own bookkeeper for keeping track of our work all in once place!

Pros: We have been using Constant Contact at our organization for YEARS. It's super easy and offers all the features we need including sending emails, contact information, creating events and surveys. We use this software for all of our needs for our organization. For payments for an event, as an example, we can link the software to our PayPal account so we can receive payment. Constant Contact is frequently used on our office for nearly all of our communication needs.

Cons: There are times that creating emails can be a little buggy. For example, if we copy and paste information from one document and paste into an email we are creating, often times the formatting changes. It can just be cumbersome to redo everything.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Diane H.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/15

"Best Email Marketing For The Money"

Comments: I find Constant Contact to be very easy to use and the customer service is outstanding.

Pros: I like how easy the program is to use. The drag and drop editor makes it easy to customize any email. The ability to A/B test and resend to nonrespondents are great features as well.

Cons: It's not possible to take templates created in old editors and convert them to the new editor.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/15
Frank P.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/30

"Great Email Marketing Tool"

Comments: I use constant contact for all my email marketing campaigns. I would highly recommend to small business owners.

Pros: Constant Contact has allowed me to create attractive email campaigns that look both clean and professional. The analytics tool is super helpful when A/B testing campaigns.

Cons: While there has been some glitches here and there. For the most part Constant Contact has worked as advertised for me and my business.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/30
Dean D.
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/22

"Constant Contact 2020"

Comments: My overall experience with constant contact is pretty good. I found it to be one of the most user friendly

Pros: I enjoy the ease of the drag and drop features available with constant contact. It is one of the easiest to use in email marketing segment

Cons: I still haven’t found an email marketing service that is so easy that a baby can do it. Building emails should be a simple process

• Reviewed on 2020/09/22
Alberto O.
VP
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/03

"It took a while to get on board, but I am now a fan."

Comments: A few years ago, I did not want to keep CC for my organization. Now, thanks to our monthly newsletters and communiques that we produce, I wonder what we would do without it.

Pros: The expansive template library makes it easier to get jump-started in making a mass mailer. It did not matter that I was not graphically innovative or that I was not sure what my mass mail would look like because browsing through the library gave me immediate ideas that helped me refine my ideas.

Cons: Frequently, I would like to understand how one of the myriad of options works. It took me months of trial and error to figure out how to layer and stack pictures. A solution might be a Help button that, when clicked over an object, would bring up a quick video of how to use that object. Also, there is a minor technical flaw that occurs when layering pictures. Managing the margins (buffers) and background colors gets sketchy, as the colors sometimes don't match what is selected and the margins appear to revert to previous settings. The last issue is that GMAIL automatically tags the CC email as either SPAM or as something that makes the email end in a tab that many people don't check (normal settings).

• Reviewed on 2019/09/03