E2 Shop System Reviews

by Shoptech Software

• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,2 /5
    4,5 /5

About E2 Shop System

We help shops and manufacturers of all kinds and sizes work smarter for improved efficiencies, greater flexibility and bigger profits.

Learn more about E2 Shop System

Steve C.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/22

"Steve Cate"

Comments: We can quote jobs so fast with E2 it has become the way we control the pace of our business. If we want to be busier we submit a quote within hours of the RFQ. If we are too busy we take longer to submit quotes. It also helps a lot with scheduling but scheduling is the most difficult function to use.

Pros: Ease of use and good tech support. Very similar to quickbooks

Cons: When allocating stock to jobs, unless it was purchased specifically for that job, it is a bit cumbersome so we had a custom report written to allow the tag number of the inventory to be scanned.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/22
Todd H.
GM
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/06

"E2 Software"

Comments: Overall business processing in our fast paced manufacturing business

Pros: Ease of use, customer support and the fact we could move from our previous E2 to this one almost seamlessly.

Cons: Pricing of additional seats, but that is everyone's complaint about all products lol!

• Reviewed on 2021/01/06
Kate D.
Mining & Metals
    3,5 /5
    2,5 /5
    3,5 /5
    4,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/28

"Small Business Looking for Shop Control"

Pros: Experience: We are a small family owned business that needed to get ISO certified as a requirement by our customer. We did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control and offer ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2012, we have been ISO certified since 2012. We were eager and became ISO certified within 6 months (take a lot of work and dedication to get it done quickly). Overall E2 has been a great resource for us. Pros: The software is easy to use, the information that you are able to get from reports is helpful (only as good as the information put in). Easy for all employees to use with all computer skill levels. ISO documentation was extremely helpful with becoming ISO certified. Customer service is always helpful, you always get a real person to help you with your needs.

Cons: Software does not allow you to do multiple things at once, it is very simplistic which might be best. Difficult to customize it to you specific needs, it can be done but there is a cost for that. If you are a start up company this software would be great to get you going with all aspects, if you are an established company you might need to adjust how you do things. We still do all of our accounting and customer quoting from QuickBooks as that works best for our company. We do not use E2 for scheduling as we are a fast pace job shop and things change on the fly and difficult to schedule within the software.

Lucas P.
Director of Quality
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/17

"Used to use E2"

Comments: Customer support and product was good. We aren’t a machine shop and are a travel service company. E2 wasn’t offering a Mobil App at the time we needed it. That is why we moved to another software to track all employees time and expenses.

Pros: It was great at linking in-house employee hours jobs.

Cons: It was not easy for employees to change their time during the day/week. Managers had to edit it.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/17
Louise R.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/05

"2020 review"

Comments: Much better to track time and costing on work in progress.

Pros: Employees can keep track of time on each job

Cons: Would like an easier way to receive product that arrives in the warehouse

• Reviewed on 2021/01/05
Anne H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/17

"E2 Has Brought Amazing Efficiency to our Company"

Comments: Efficiency, time saving, and error reduction are the main contributions this system has brought to our business. The error reduction is found in only having to enter information one time, and having that follow through in all of the processes, even on our Open Order Summary. If an initial error is made, it can be corrected at the source and the other paperwork corrected or re-generated. The efficiency and time-savings are self evident in what I've already said.

Pros: E2 has really helped us streamline all of our processes: from initially purchasing, through receiving, invoicing, check writing on the AP side; to processing POs from customers, generating orders, travelers, packing lists, and invoicing on the AR side. I can't imagine going back to what we did before! In the E2 system, once a part number/PO is entered, all of that information travels through all of the processes and handling of that item. No more repeated entries, with that time consumption and potential for error--one entry and you are done!--the processing of the PO or part number then goes through the whole shop and out the door. And I am not even including the ease of quoting and routing, which is less in my area of work, but is the area where most parts "begin" their life with us. E2 takes these parts all the way through, including the generating of Return Authorizations and credits when those are needed, in a seamless way.

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of any significant cons. We have had the occasional glitch or problem with usage, and there are some areas where I wish we could use the system even more, but for the massive amount of work we do use it for, it is excellent!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/17
Lisa T.
VP
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"I no longer wanted my shop to run me...."

Comments: E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

Pros: The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

Cons: We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/27
Robert B.
System Administrator
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/25

"The Perfect Manufacturing Software"

Comments: We have been using E2 for well over 16 years and so far we love it. We have used other systems and this one just seed to get it right. In that time we have only had a handful of issues of which most were fixed in minutes and all we had to do was call Tech Support and explain what was not working. The customer and technical support staff are extremely knowledgeable in what their software can do and how they can customize it to fit your every need. They have even extra fields set aside for all most every function to carry different data types just in case you have found a data point that they haven't thought of.

Pros: E2 creates a clutter free work space with a simple layout and design. Shop Tech has broken down the manufacturing process to get a true understanding of how our company really operates. The bolt on modules allow for greater control of specific functions in particular departments. We specifically use the Scheduling and Custom Order Import Automation functions. Scheduling give us a top level view, department view, work center view, and all the way down to a view of sub parts that make up a single part. This tells us exactly where an order is as well as if we are under or over loaded at the work center and department level. All I have to do is pull up the schedule, click a button for the level of detail I want to display and away it goes. The Custom Order Import Function has allowed us to automate the order entry process by simply downloading a file from our customer, pointing where I saved the file, and clicking "Import". This function creates the order and based off our custom company settings which we have setup to automatically pull from stock jobs, inventory, post a quantity to make or a combination of all of the above. We can then run a requirement report to see what we need to make to fulfill open orders or to make stock for inventory. It really doesn't get easier than that.

Cons: The extra modules do have a cost but they are well worth it. On the plus side of that, E2 will demo the modules with full functionality and if it doesn't incorporate everything that you need you don't have to purchase it.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Virginia A.
Systems Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/11

"My experience with E2 Shoptech software."

Comments: For 2 + years now I have had the pleasure of using E2. I have been in the manufacturing business for over 37 years. Many of software programs have come across my path. Without a shadow of a doubt E2 surpasses the software that I have utilized.

Pros: E2 is a very user friendly program. E2 is easy to maneuver through the software. E2 also offers a traditional standard view or a ribbon view which allows the customer to choose their preference. One of the many particular things I LOVE about E2 is their senior consultant Alicia Fox. I just have to say that Alicia goes above and beyond to help out the customers along with Rhonda Dowd account manager whose response time to my inquiries is outstanding! Also the available online tutorial and the technical support which in my opinion is phenomenal! it offers. "Hands down the BEST software that I have ever used"!

Cons: One thing I would have to say where E2 falls short in my book. The ability to view some of the information. What I mean by this is, some user fields only allow a partial view. Especially in the accounts payable/vendor field.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/11
Carlos S.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"Outstanding Software - Outstanding Service"

Comments: We have been a long time customer and have been very pleased with the software and the incredible support all along the way. Whether it was during implementation or random questions that come up from time to time, E2 has always been there for us.

Pros: E2 is very intuitive and easy to use. Once you become familiar with how it works and what it can do for you, it becomes a VERY powerful tool to help you run your shop/operation. We like the fact that we can incorporate data collection to help us track times and jobs in process. The ability to generate quotes, routers, purchase orders, and packing slips, makes it a simple and robust solution for us. The Quickbooks interface is also very helpful as that is what we use on the accounting side.

Cons: There is not anything I like the least about E2....implementation does take some time so that requires patience but once things are in place things work great. Only other thing I would change is being able to place an order for the same material size but different lengths on the same PO on different line items.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/05
Nj G.
C.O.O.
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/18

"E2 Shoptech"

Comments: It has helped tracking of real job cost exponentially. For our type of service there needs to be other options available for reports (I realize we can pay you for custom reports but for our type of business it seems like it should already be there). Also I think that in estimate/quote/orders there should be two lines for misc. tooling/charge because a lot of times there is a setup charge that is recurring and tooling charges that are not always recurring but are incurred none the less. You should also be able to bring data into estimate from quote instead of only the other way around. Small business service companies don't have the time to create an estimate in order to give a price on a job. We can look at a part after being around for almost 60 years and say, eh that looks like about a $200 job. We purchase no material, it is all customer supplied so there are no costs associated with the job other than our labor and occasionally tooling so it is a waste of time to make an estimate when you may not even win the job. We type up a quote and then maybe 3 days or maybe 3 weeks later we win the job I want to be able to go into estimate at this point and pull in the info from my quote...part number, pricing, description....then I can add the routing and the part notes.

Pros: Easy to navigate

• Reviewed on 2016/08/18
Jake K.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Online usability was a game changer"

Comments: Before having E2 I was keeping paper files of every piece of material that I had on hand. When going back to bill, it was so time-consuming to flip through all of my inventory orders and trying to keep them straight. It also saves a lot of time when quoting with the automatic functions that are built-in.

Pros: The online interface that is active was a huge time-saving feature for a small shop like my own. At the end of the day instead of having to finish up all billing or quoting from the day, I could now go home and use the online interface to finish everything up. With young kids and a longer commute, it has made the workday more flexible.

Cons: Being a smaller shop, I hardly ever use the shipment function for my orders. It is a step that has to be done to get to the final billing step so it just takes more time than needed to get the invoices out. Very important to larger companies that ship daily and need to track all of their shipping labels and documents.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/26
Christy G.
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"E2 Shop System for Manufacturing"

Comments: The E2 Shop system has improved our quoting capabilities, which in turn, increases our bottom line. Our company uses Quickbooks and the interface has been consistent and reliable. And again, on the few times where there has been connectivity issues with Quickbooks, E2's technical support was able to resolve the problem very quickly.

Pros: This software is very consistent throughout all modules which makes it very user friendly. Also, the customer service is excellent. Each time I have encountered any issues, I can get a technician on the phone immediately who can remote in and resolve my issue instantly. They are knowledgeable, communicate clearly, and very efficient.

Cons: There is a bit of a lag time in using the online version, but the data is secure and the updates are frequent. Also, it does not retain historical pricing information for cost of materials, which would be useful when analyzing particular material costs.

John L.
Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"Overall, a good ERP/MRP package"

Comments: Overall, Shoptech has been frustrating to work with. It has felt as if once they had my money they no longer had an obligation to provide service. Quick to ask for opinions but little to no action on problem spots. "Suggest it to the community." is a frequent response, or "We can quote that feature for you." Quite frankly, it's less frustrating to not deal with them and figure everything thing out on our own, which is probably the way they want it. Most help is achieved by contacting fellow users who have also struggled with the same or similar problems. Despite all this, Shoptech is still helpful in our day-to-day operations and aside from server issues, our employees seldom see the office related problems.

Pros: Relatively easy to set up and use.
Consistent user interface across modules.
Web based interface.

Cons: Antiquated and proprietary form builder.
EVERYTHING is a special request and quoted.
Customer service is a convoluted mess and quick to point the finger at other departments.
Frequent server issues.
Take your money and run attitude.

Austin E.
Quality Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/23

"Quality area"

Comments: I like E2 for its simplicity. Its easy to navigate for all our employees who use it.

Pros: The quality area of E2 is very well laid out and easy to use. It is very straight forward and easy to input information.

Cons: The thing I would want to see is more filter options when looking at the shipping summary. It can be broken down well but could use more filters. The one I ran into is that it accounts all line items of a work order. So if a work has 4 sublines, it says that they are all late when in fact it is just one thing that is late.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/23
Chad M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/16

"Not Pleased with E2 shoptech"

Pros: Being its cloud based that's great because it keeps you virtual anywhere anytime. The system randomly glitches and shuts down and when it does if you haven't saved your 3-5 quotes or orders all those hours of work is all lost.

Cons: The system isn't streamline. There aren't many good things to say. It's been a horrible experience.
Sales team over sold us on the product. When we launched with their cloud based system it was still in BETA which we where ok with at the time because they made us a deal to work with them while their in BETA and they wont charge for user maintenance thoughout the duration. Next thing i know problems still arent resolved and its out of BETA. That was 8 months ago when we found out, guess what problems still arent solved and they dont expect them to be for quite a while. Nor could they promised it would be solved.
Here is some ex's: You cannot download any CAD/CAM documents/drawings on their cloud based system. It has to be a image such as: PNG.. NOTE i said PNG and not PDF, DWG, DXF, STEP, etc. That really hinders our flow of operations from the office to the floor.
OVER WORKING YOURSELF: Every step takes 2-5 steps to complete. Such as: Making a simple print, whether printing piece of paper or emailing or viewing a document.
There accounting software is a joke. You cannot take Ccard transactions. We use SYnc option for QB's pro, That doesn't work at all. When it did work it wouldn't close out the invoice on shop side once its been transferred. Believe me when i say this ppl stay away there are MANY more problems than what was listed. I was warned before we bought it and should've listened.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/16
Pat M.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/09

"Excellent system"

Comments: Excellent!

Pros: We are a small manufacturing facility - but small does not mean we don't need the same data as the "bigs". E2 in it's old form was terrific - however the cloud based version is superior! Functionality - ease of reports, working with other platforms....we can't say enough!
We are now working on customizing some reports and I can't wait til they are part of our daily work!
Great software, great people, great value!

Cons: IF we can't figure out a custom report and need some form changes...it has taken longer than we like - however....that is the only downside thus far!

• Reviewed on 2020/03/09
Eric B.
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/16

"E2 Review By K&E"

Comments: E2 has been a great tool for us for the last 15 years. Its hard to think of the way we used to run our office. Productive, Simple, and Effective.

Pros: Time saver. All users see the same real time data. Adaptive with Crystal Reports. Able to communicate with QuickBooks and UPS software. Works great with our ISO requirements.

Cons: Scheduling is probably our biggest issue with E2, but I have yet to find a software company that can do any better. We are a contract manufacturer and our customer s are always changing dates and with multiple different types of orders it impacts our scheduling every day.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/16
Lisa B.
Owner & President
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/18

"Been a user for 15 years"

Comments: E2 has great customer service. The response time is quick and they are open for part of the day on Saturday which is excellent.

Pros: Fairly easy to use once you get used to it. I appreciate how easy it is to change permissions for users when needed. Quickview is extremely helpful for quick referencing.

Cons: Scheduling is not an easy module to learn. I would like to be able to see a schedule view of work orders as opposed to line items. I’m sure i can figure something out to get me close to this but i have not had the downtime to actually do this. We may have 100 open orders but over a thousand line items.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/18
Joe B.
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"Long-time User"

Comments: We are able to better manage customer orders and quotes.

Pros: We use this software across two businesses setup as separate companies. E2 is used to manage our shop and then we sync AP and AR with QuickBooks. The process to setup customers, vendors, employees, and parts is easy to follow. We are able to track purchases to jobs easily. Employees find it easy to log there time for attendance and against jobs. The integration of quoting to the order to the invoice is excellent.

Cons: Making changes to the scheduling system is time consuming and cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Jason D.
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/31

"Standard Machine shop ERP"

Comments: We used E2 for about five years. The last three we integrated with cloud reports llc which made a huge difference however we have outgrown the system and are moving on.

Pros: Easy to use. Has the basics. Can be utilized with cloud reports llc a seperate company that is a must have

Cons: customization and advanced functionality is lacking. We purchased the accounting module and if I had it to do over again I would have used the quick books integration instead. The all in one functionality of using E2 accounting module is tempting however it is limited.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/31
Mauro H.
Application Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/04

"An Excellent Value"

Comments: E2 MFG has filled the needs of our business with room to grow as far as it's capabilities.

Pros: It's job shop/manufacturing focus for being so flexible to a variety of manufacturing workflows, their customer service & technical support team for being extremely helpful in solving problems and offering creative solutions to the unique challenges of every business(especially ours)

Cons: The MFG software could be further optimized, client side tab navigation can be cumbersome at times. The reporting is using crystal reports and could have benefited from a total departure to SQL Report Builder

• Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Deanna D.
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/28

"Nineteen Years of Exceptional Service"

Comments: We have been using E2 since 1997. The software is very user friendly and easy to learn. The customer support team is friendly and takes care of any issues with the first phone call 99% of the time. The sales staff calls/emails several times a year to make sure we aren't having any problems and to see if we need anything. They are not one of those companies that just sell you a product and then you never hear from them again. We have referred many companies we work with to them and the ones that purchased E2 really love the software. From the product, to customer service, to support E2 is a top notch company!

Pros: Easy to learn and use
Customer support is top notch

Cons: Having to type the exact nickname to find customer/vendor, etc.

Bob L.
  • Reviewed on 2013/10/08

Comments: Our company is a precision CNC machining job shop with ISO9001:2008 certification. We specialize in difficult to machine raw materials and products. The software we were using prior to E2 was designed by a private individual but was not expandable to cover our needs as our business grew. When we were upgrading our business software, we wanted a product that would provide information necessary to create charts and reports for administrative purposes, shop travelers for production, inventory management, quality control, purchasing, quoting, shipping, and receiving. Also important to us was the ability to link drawings, material certs, and other documents to the various parts that we produce for our customers. We looked at several products but chose the E2 Shop System because it provided all these requirements and was the most user friendly in our opinion. We could also sync it with our QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions software and not have to pay for additional accounting software. We have been using E2 now for 10 years and have had nothing but a great experience with our E2 software and the support the company has provided us when we needed help, updates, etc. The training provided to our employees was very thorough and was very easy to learn. Our implementation was a very good experience. We recently completed our ISO9001:2008 certification. When the Stage II auditor called us to arrange for our audit date, one of the questions he asked us was what kind of software we used for the shop. Before I could answer, he asked if it was E2. I told him it was, and he told me that over his 25-year career, he was very familiar with E2 and thought it was one of the best shop system software products available. I agree. It is a product that can be expanded as your business grows. As the owner of a small business for 28 years, I highly recommend the E2 Shop System for your business as well.

• Reviewed on 2013/10/08
Paula H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/01

"Webversion is costly and cumbersome. Sorry we upgraded"

Comments: I'm sorry we ever upgraded to the webversion

Pros: When we originally purchased the access version of the software that ran on our server. We were pretty happy customers. It preformed up to our expectations and we used the entire suite of modules. We used that version from 2011 through 2017 after which we upgraded to the webversion. The original version was easy to use and very comprehensive. The only pro for the webversion is that you can access it from any device that is connected to the internet.

Cons: Wait time while tabbing between fields is often delayed which significantly increases the amount of time it takes to complete any task. Most tasks require approximately 20% more time to complete. There are problems with lost work due to connectivity. We are told most of this is a result of our internet connection speeds but when we test internally, the speeds exceed the requirements. There are also many issues related to browser cache files. Each new update fixes one set of problems but rolls out a new set of problems. The time it takes to estimate and quote jobs has increased 20-35% depending on the complexity of the job. We are not able to downgrade to the version we had before without losing data and we are not able to put the new version back on our server without making a major upgrade ($20k est) to our server hardware and software.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/01