Filter by:

• Overall

About ResDiary

ResDiary is a flat-fee, online reservation system designed to help hospitality operators run a smooth service

Learn more about ResDiary

Peter D.
Hospitality
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/17

"Best Table & Reservations Management Solution available "

Pros: Very smart and easy to use solution. I can see why it is so popular. The solution actually works and thinks like a restaurant operates. Great value and always adding new features.

Cons: Reports are good but need a face-lift. Looking forward to all their new developments. The new look of ResDiary.com and all their apps is very cool and stylish.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/17
Campus Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/13

"Good mix of functionality and usability"

Comments: Overall a very nice piece of kit, gets the job done and I have never encountered any outages server-side so the web app has always been accessible.

Pros: Really user-friendly, almost looked like it was designed for customers to book a table themselves on the employee interface. Multiple views were easy to switch between and were often changed by my colleagues to suit how they prefer to see the bookings.

Cons: I think this may have been a problem at our end, although our manager insisted it wasn't, but I would always get the error "maximum covers exceeded for this time period" even though there was plenty of space. This then meant you would have to manually and carefully check if we had enough free covers for times when it was busy. As I said this may have been at the fault of the restaurant but it was confusing nonetheless.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/13
Kunyu L.
manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/04

"this think is designed to waste my life & Money"

Comments: The sale Rep coming to try to sell Resdiary to me, and he did it at the end, don't ask me how persuasive he was, don't ask me how promising he sounds, he obviously did a good job to sell me the product. But I regret about buying it for very single second when I am using it. I did ask him for a trial, but he said there is no trial, look like he was lying to me, as in this website it does tick yes for trial. I thought that I am an old school don't like computer technology, however, my staffs all told me today this thing just wasting their time and made their life more complicated, and they are not going to use it!! What should I do now, the sale rep just got me to sign it up for 3 months, he said that is the minimum contract. What the hell! I feel he just force me to try a ridiculous software for 3 months! This is a freedom country, do I have the right to return a product that I am not happy with?? Should I go to fare go? I don't know why those people give it a five-star review, this is just so misleading. I say they either staff from the company or people who like complicated live. So if you want to make your life complicated and make your business miserable, I highly recommend to use the Resdiary. This software is the best, but not one of, the choice.

Pros: Nothing!!

Cons: To complicate to use, wasting time, wasting money, wasting energy

• Reviewed on 2019/10/04
Will W.
General Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/09

"8 years working with ResDiary in multiple establishments is testament to its versatility"

Comments: Time saved

Pros: Quite a deep cloud-based system, with levels of functionality and settings that mean you can customise it for almost any restaurant that accepts bookings or has a waiting list. Cloud based software means it's responsive to customer booking input and they have a great widget for online bookings. So much to like.

Cons: The strength of this software (its versatility) also makes it complex for non-tech savvy people to set up, however the Dimmi team will assist with this.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/09
Rochelle B.
Reservations
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"Kill Me!"

Comments: There is nothing good I can say I like about this system. It can take bookings (if you have that amount of time to waste in your life)

Cons: Probably one of the worst reservation systems I have ever used. Unnecessarily over-complicated. The layout is like a badly designed excel document. I can't believe we've left BookaTable for this! It takes longer to try a put a booking into the system now and completely wastes my time. Arrrgh! And no, I won't get used to this over time. It is simply user-unfriendly.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/03