15 years helping South African businesses

Mcafee Total Protection Reviews

About Mcafee Total Protection

Multi-layered identity protection platform that offers antivirus, safe browsing, ID theft protection, and secure VPN.

Learn more about Mcafee Total Protection

Pros:

Cons:

Not sure this was really needed. Windows catches most of what I am concerned about.

Mcafee Total Protection ratings

4.2
4.0
4.3
4.1

7.6/10

Mcafee Total Protection has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 56 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mcafee Total Protection before?

Amber
Amber
President/CEO/Consultant in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Macfee Total Protection Is The All-inOne For Personal and Business Use

Pros:

I love this product because everything is in one package. It include antivirus, antispyware, and anti-malware, and Dark Web protection. Set up to schedule automated virus scans is easy, and I can adjust the settings to fit my needs. I most of all like the web protection feature that lets you know if you're about to log onto a safe website or not.

Cons:

Though it's a little pricey, it's worth it. The only thing I don't like is the Web Boost. While I'm looing at videos online. it keeps pauses them while I'm in the middle of watching them. I thought the purpose of the Web Boost was to speed up the Internet experience, not slow it down while surfing.

Apurva
Digital Marketing in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Good Security for PC as well as Phone or Tabs!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The automatic scans and total protection from virus and malware attack. Great Services!

Pros:

It's firewall system. I have been using it for a long time in my PC and its working really well. It immediately warns about any malicious website and auto scans also detect any suspicious link on my system.

Cons:

Nothing to dislike but the price could be a bit much for personal use. Of course great thinhgs comes with some price. So if you could afford it you shoyld try using it. It'll be totally worth the price.

Construction, Self Employed

If only it wasn't bloatware

Comments: Pretty decent antivirus, though being bloatware on so many other installs it makes it not the product you wish. This is wrong way of advertising...

Pros:

Free edition. You can get license with other products or software.

Cons:

In very often occasions it is set as a bloatware in other software installs.

Daniel
Director in Mauritius
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Mcafee Total Protection puts your mind at ease. You know you are protected

Comments: It is a good experience and I know I am protected on more than 1 Device

Pros:

The Comprehensive Protection. I feel secure to know all aspects are Scanned and protected.

Cons:

It takes time to scan any file I download but I am sure it is not Infected.

Ajas
research assistant in India
Biotechnology, Self Employed

My experience of Mcafee total security

Comments: Honnestly, it provided me with a decent experience overall, but as to some elements I really liked! .

Pros:

it has a user friendly ui theme which is extremely easy to locate and use

Cons:

the vpn service is really poor demanding the most from my computer yet leaving me stranded at times.

Eduard daniel
Clerk in Romania
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

One of the best security suites

Comments: Best security suite for me and my colleagues

Pros:

It is very cheap to buy.it is very good.i didnt had problems with it,no viruses,good firewall.all the city hall i work is very pleased about it.we use it for 3 years

Cons:

I dont have any complaints about it.nothing

Hospitality, Self Employed

Customer Service Outstanding

Comments: I was hacked and thought I was talking to Mcafee and I wasn't and it was terrible. I ended up aborting the call because the person was asking for more money and etc. etc. and I was becoming uncomfortable that something wasn't right. I hung up and call Staples (local computer store - they said bring in your machines) but I then though "this is crazy I've been with Mcafee for years....so I called customer service and they said there was no record of me talking to anyone at Mcafee.....and the two ladies from CS and from Tech helped me get things straightened out. Life savers they were...... terrific to deal with.

Pros:

the security of knowing....I'm protected.

Cons:

Its not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Sharan
Recruiter in UK
Computer Hardware, 501–1,000 Employees

Great antivirus which blocks threats

Pros:

McAfee is an easy to use software which blocks threats and keeps track of viruses. It also optimises PC performance

Cons:

The notification messages can get annoying.

MANAGER in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

VERY GOOD PRODUCT FOR A VERY GOOD PRICE

Comments: Very happy. I just need to remember to buy new instead of renewing each year. Much cheaper that way.

Pros:

It seems to catch more spam and junk emails. It warns about potentially threatening sites but still gives the option of proceeding.

Cons:

Nothing that I can think of. It outperforms the previous software.

MANSUR
CEO in India
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

My System Security

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I basically used daily optimization and antivirus protection

Cons:

Total Security and 3rd app or device scaning protection

Ronita
Owner in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Mcafee Total Protection in 2022

Comments: Overall, Mcafee’s Total Protection is defiantly a security suite worth the price. There are certain things in life you don’t want to skimp out on, your health, your financials, and your cyber security. Whether you’re a casual web surfer or a coding genius who works at a Tech Firm, this is the security suite for you. It’s an easy-to-use, one-stop-shop that that will take the stress and burden of keeping your data safe.

Pros:

Pros Features: The Total Protection is as it is advertised -- a total package. With this software bundle, you will get everything you need starting with a VPN to protect your browsing anonymity. Also included are real-time intrusion trackers, antivirus software, ad blockers, network monitor, and a deep web data search, where they scan the internet for your personal data and deliver a detailed report and how to fix it. User Interface: The user interface in Mcafee’s software is very simple, which makes it very user-friendly. People with basic knowledge of computers and technology can easily navigate around and find what they are looking for. Helpful prompts are also available which tell users what each feature does and why it’s important. Pricing: Mcafee has 4 pricing tiers starting at $29.99 for a single user on one device and goes up to $79.99 for the top package which covers Unlimited devices as well as up to one million dollars in ID theft coverage. Customer Support: Mcafee offers live support, which is becoming increasingly less common. Being able to speak with someone on the phone when you’re having an issue with your cyber security is important in protecting yourself.

Cons:

Mac version: The amount of support and level of detail given to Mac devices is underwhelming compared to everything you get with the windows version of the software. Confusing upgrades: Sometimes “highly customizable” can simply mean confusing. Features packaged in the Total Protection bundle and services promoted as individual upgrades such as Mcafee Total Protection VPN and their Safe Connect VPN can confuse customers into thinking they need both, leading to double paying for the same service.

Esteban
Designer in Panama
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Total Protection antivirus

Pros:

Its user interface is awesome, really easy to use.

Cons:

Mundo computer wasn’t too powerful so the software was a little bit laggy, but it is a great antivirus.

Security & Investigations, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The "All-in-One For Personal and Business Use" is Macfee Total Protection.

Comments: I used it as my very first antivirus program. I received it as a promotion along with another item.

Pros:

I thought McAfee was excellent. I enjoy using the Internet, various websites, and programs. Through the usage of McAfee, I was able to recognize my level of security since every time a problem arises on my computer, it is made clear that it has been fixed or attended to.

Cons:

Even though it's a bit expensive, it's worthwhile. The Web Boost is the only thing I find objectionable. I'm watching videos online at the moment. While I'm watching them, it repeatedly pauses them. I mistakenly believed that the Web Boost's goal was to speed up browsing rather than slow it down.

Kiran
Technician in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed

Excellent antivirus

Comments: Overall comparing the other antiviruses in the market this is an excellent choice.

Pros:

intrusion detection and ip filtering are the best features i like.

Cons:

paid feature of vpn is what i dont like that much

Jayendra
Desk Analyst in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of Mcafee Total Protection

Comments: My overall experience with Mcafee Total Protection has been positive. The software provides comprehensive protection to my devices, and the user interface is easy to navigate. However, I did experience some system slowdowns, which was a downside. Additionally, the software is expensive, and customer support is not always helpful.

Pros:

Complete Protection: Mcafee Total Protection provides all-round protection to your device, including antivirus, firewall, anti-malware, anti-phishing, and anti-spam features.User-Friendly Interface: The software's interface is easy to navigate and allows for easy customization of security settings.Multi-Device Compatibility: The software can be used on multiple devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets.Parental Controls: The software includes parental controls that can be used to restrict access to certain websites, apps, and social media sites

Cons:

Heavy System Resources Usage: Mcafee Total Protection uses a lot of system resources, which can slow down your device.Expensive: The software is more expensive compared to other antivirus programs in the market.Limited Customer Support: Mcafee's customer support is limited and not always responsive.

Mandla
Top color machinist in South Africa
Machinery, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Strong

Comments: I am protecting all my valuable projects through the software.

Pros:

I found Mcafee really good. I love using the Internet, different websites and softwares . I recognized my safety through using McAfee because anytime time there's a treat in my computer it is made visible that it is solved or taken care of.

Cons:

I found nothing least about McAfee because problem are taken care of automatically when I am exposed to them, which make things easier.

Muzaffarhusain
Software Develoer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Install McAfee Total Protection and become tension free

Comments: I have been using McAfee antivirus for more than 15 years. The best part is that it works on multi-platform, easy to use and easy to install. It has got very good quarantine files features. The firewall is strong enough to stop malwares like ransomware. Earlier this year, my computer was attacked by some ransomware but thanks to McAfee it detected it and stopped before it could damage my data.

Pros:

Easy to use and works on cross platform.

Cons:

If McAfee offers bundle offers then it will be great for end-users

Gretchen
csr in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Virus Protection

Comments: Extremely satisfied the catch a lot of my threats before they have a chance to get to my files. they have so many other features to help.

Pros:

I use Macafee at home, the virus scanning is amazing.

Cons:

Cant say anything negative they have always been good.

Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

McAfee never loses!

Pros:

If you're looking for a full antivirus/malware program, McAfee once again wins. With the total protection it's the only choice to make. Offers vpn, firewall. Even offers identity theft protection. Also, protects all devices.

Cons:

None. If I had anything to gripe about it would be the price because it's not free. But it is definitely worth the money.

Goutham Reddy
Analyst in India
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

Good Security for our Devices

Comments: I have been using the product for more than 3 years and I can say that it is one of the best product on the market. I am very satisfied with the product. The prices can be reduces a bit.

Pros:

User Friendly, Intrusion detection, Anti Virus, Anti-Malware, Dark web protection, Encrypted Storage

Cons:

Paid VPN , iOS version is a bit lacking compared to other versions, Somewhat expensive compared to other products on market

Diosdado
Freelancer in Philippines
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

McAfee, a new versatile protector of any device

Comments: It was great and whenever I have browsing activity I could actually feel secured due to its robust protection like in downloading a certain file, it makes sure that it's safe, I like that feature of McAfee

Pros:

It was beneficial to use since I can feel it's security being airtight giving me a peace of mind whenever I am browsing the web.

Cons:

So far, I don't see any additional or suggestion features because it's working perfectly fine and its features are sufficient and efficient.

Clifton
Director in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Good Virus Protection Software

Comments: It is a good virus protection software

Pros:

The features are simple to use and understand and alerts inform you of risky websites

Cons:

False positives seems excessive and virus alerts appears to lag, because the application would shut down

Lindsey
Residential painter in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Best protection out there

Pros:

The fact that I feel safe. It does daily random scans and immediately alerts me to anything detected worth looking into. It does not waste my time nor my money

Cons:

It's pricey but it's worth it to be sure my data is secure

tehmeena
data analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Budget Friendly

Comments: McAfee is the perfect choice for people who do not use complicated data on their devices. The scans of the data it does are pretty fast which helps in faster results of detection of viruses.

Pros:

detects the viruses and other malware very soon and provides good protection from them.user friendly and is cost effective.

Cons:

it sometimes misses the threat. low performance rate.

Brian
Operations in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

McAfee Antivirus Protection

Pros:

I like in depth reports that ot gives on what was found and when and the activity it has noticed.

Cons:

I did not really like the cost of the software.