RockSolid MAX Reviews

by ECI Software Solutions

Filter by:

• Overall

About RockSolid MAX

RockSolid MAX integrated point of sale is easy to use and helps retailers grow their business at one affordable monthly price.

Learn more about RockSolid MAX

Kyle A.
Owner | Operator
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/24

"Converted from no POS to full POS implementation"

Comments: RockSolid Max lets me have total control over my inventory and see what direction my sales are heading. This is crucial for retail.

Pros: The features allow for total control of the system. The interfaces are user-friendly. The more time you spend in the system, the more you learn what it can do.

Cons: Integration was tricky at times. Going from no POS to a POS system came with it's own hurdles. At times, I was confusing to know who to contact if something went wrong.

Susan T.
Building Materials
  • Reviewed on 2014/03/21

"Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!"

Pros: RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers! Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports; and just day-to-day operations are so much faster and more efficient! Instead of getting piles of paper that I never used to look at, I get concise, meaningful reports that I need in order to run my business. If I need more, there are tons of reports I can run at any time! I love being a part of the RockSolid family! They actually appreciate my business and friendship! I know I appreciate them!

Cons: I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

• Reviewed on 2014/03/21
Greg P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/27

"We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max"

Comments: The people behind it are great to work with.

Pros: The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

Cons: The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/27
Deb M.
Office manager/bookkeeper
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/16

"Wonderful product"

Comments: Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

Pros: The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Cons: Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/16
Brandon G.
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/07

"RockSolid MAX is helping transform our business"

Comments: Throughout the process of selection, preparation, implementation, and post-implementation we have nothing but positive interactions with the ECi team. Our project team was really fantastic and engaged. They also helped keep us on task and moving forward to hit the go-live date. I have been very happy with the entirety of the project.

Pros: There are numerous aspects of the software that we love: Barcode support, A/R functionality, document management, inventory management. Overall the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. We are improving daily with our understanding and capabilities. Overall, the pro's significantly outweigh any cons we've encountered. I would definitely recommend this software as it has some very cool functionality we are easing ourselves into now that we've made the transition.

Cons: So with any out of the box solution, there are going to be challenges. For us there are a couple that were frustrating. First, after an invoice has been processed there can be no changes to it. For example you make a sale to a credit account and the person making the purchase omits the PO#. There is no way to update that field after the fact. Instead you must back the entire transaction out and do it all over. The other challenge are the canned reports. They cover 50% of what we would want to see, in other cases we need to use Crystal Reports. While Crystal reports does work, it is a bit clunky and not very intuitive. So you need to invest time in learning and training on how to use it (we did so with a bunch of online videos which were publicly available).

• Reviewed on 2021/07/07
Laura R.
Office Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/06

"Happy with Rocksolid Max"

Comments: Overall I am pretty happy with Rocksolid. I believe we all like it much better than the software we were using beforehand. We also like the people we have worked with from implementation to daily issues.

Pros: Over time I have noticed that Rocksolid seems to be making my job less time-consuming. I am pretty happy with it overall.

Cons: There have been a few times that we have had issues that we have reported and did not get an answer other than they were working on it for months.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/06
Misty S.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/14

"This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too"

Comments: Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros: Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort
Easy use for non tech employees.
Can remote in to system off site.
Price point.
Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these
Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons: These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years.
Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window.
Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports
Time clock not within another program needed for employees
More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix.
No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

• Reviewed on 2019/09/14
Velva S.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"Rocksolid max"

Pros: its more suitable for hardware and lumber stores

Cons: can't be used if the server is not working or down

• Reviewed on 2019/12/17
Daniel K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/02

"Review"

Comments: Overall, it has been a sound investment in the efficiency of our company

Pros: The cloud based format, integration with Orgill, fairly simple learning process

Cons: Online help is difficult to search/navigate, responses from tech support is very slow (they have a solution, it just takes a while to get it

• Reviewed on 2020/01/02
Tessa B.
VICE-PRESIDENT

"HONEST REVIEW"

Pros: THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PROMPT AND VERY HELPFUL

Cons: NOT KNOWING HOW TO ACCESS ALL PROGRAMS AND UTILIZE IT TO THE MAX

Mary W.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2015/01/07

"Easy Breezy"

Pros: The product is easy to use. We can add on what we need easily. When I have questions, I get a quick response.

Cons: The add ons are easy, but for a new shoestring budget start-up, the cost of the add ons can add up.

• Reviewed on 2015/01/07
Bonnie O.
Assistant Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/03

"Not Retail Friendly!"

Comments: If you have a high volume of customers at your cash registers DO NOT purchase this program. It runs way to slow and shuts down randomly while wringing people up. I have used 6 different point of sale programs through the years and this is the absolute WORST program I have ever used. I am a bookkeeper and do retail management and I do not recommend this program.

Pros: This would be a very good program for keeping track of sales in an office. You have lots of reports at your disposal.

Cons: Times out constantly while using. Too slow. Can't print duplicate receipts for customers. Can't do proper maintenance on products. Point of Sale and Maintenance are all in the same program so you have to quit what you are doing to ring up a customer and then start all over again from scratch. No ease of access for register people to find products that don't scan. Does not ring up sale items at sale prices. Coupons don't scan properly.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/03
Nobre A.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/23

"Product Review"

Pros: I like the price and value proposition. They have great customer service.

Cons: They provide only annual updates to their software.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/23
Sharon W.
Secretary/Treasurer
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/08

"Easy to learn"

Comments: I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros: I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons: I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic.
When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/08
Loy R.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/29

"Loy's Review"

Comments: Fair - no one wants to help with Crystal Reports - everyone will just pass buck or say we really don't do that...

Pros: Ease of use and ease of training others.

Cons: no pick ticket option. No real way of delivering goods and showing what is on hand vs. on back order. Should have a pick ticket version that converts to order. No way to modify an order after complete, should always be able to modify then generate invoicing after 5:00. Receiving is clunky, need a simple on order vs received at this time. Have to dig a lot to find answer to receiving. Need an option to reprint invoices in bulk or transmit, currently sends in separate pdf's.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/29
Terry I.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/09

"Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet"

Comments: We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros: The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons: The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/09
Jay F.
President/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/22

"We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store platform. We are now operate 1 store with 9 employees."

Comments: The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros: The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons: I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry. Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

• Reviewed on 2017/07/22
Peter S.
Administration manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/27

"Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid"

Comments: Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros: Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons: Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

• Reviewed on 2017/07/27
Brian M.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/12

"POS roulette"

Comments: As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

Pros: This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

Cons: The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/12
Larry E.
sales
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/21

"rock solid max"

Comments: Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

Pros: There is nothing about this product that i like.

Cons: time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

by ECi Software Solutions on 2019/09/17

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is very happy with RockSolid MAX and his comments do not reflect her opinion nor that of her other employees.
At the time of this review, Lumber Direct had been a RockSolid MAX customer for roughly six months and a RockSolid customer for 13 years before that. We appreciate working with their business, and the 450 other RockSolid MAX customers that we support. We invite you to read Misty's review that she posted to reflect her actual feedback and opinion about the software.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/21
Megan O.
Tech Manager / Part Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/18

"Necessary upgrade"

Comments: Good Product overall

Pros: Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Cons: Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/18
Douglas R.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/29

"Don't do it!"

Pros: Cloud Based instead of having a server on site

Cons: everything about this software is not for the advance Hardware store operations.

by ECi Software Solutions on 2021/01/05

Hi Douglas,
We are sorry to hear that you have struggled with your switch to RockSolid MAX, especially since you had been an ECI customer on our original RockSolid product for so many years. We realize that it can take some time to get used to a new system, but we would really like the chance to make it better for you and your team. We are escalating your concern to your account rep and our professional services team to reach out directly and understand more about your concerns. Again, we hope to make things right for you and Hudson's Hardware.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/29
Diane S.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/05

"Waste of money."

Comments: Waste of your money

Pros: Had great reports and end of day features. It was easy to check out customers and fairly easy to enter purchase orders.

Cons: Did not keep inventory correctly and could not get technical help. Everytime we had a problem we were told that their system had never done this before.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/05
Michael B.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/19

"Greenville Hardware Implementation"

Comments: This product was introduced to us at a trade show. We knew immediately that this would be the POS that we would choose. Purchasing was a breeze. Shipping was fast. Implementation was smooth. Training was amazing with rep. ( Wonder Woman)

Pros: Ease of use. Document handling. Inventory control. Ordering capabilities.

Cons: We have no issues with the software, works flawlessly.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/19
Mark Z.
manager
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/01

"upgrade"

Comments: was a major upgrade for us. it was way past due should of switched to rock solid years ago

Pros: easy to learn software. easier to keep track of GP% on products. Credit card processing 100% better then what I had. cost of running the system is way less then wht I had been paying.

Cons: trying to figure something out on your own.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/01