• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,5 /5

About Brokermint

Real estate brokerage management system. Features include accounting, transaction management, commission automation and reporting.

Learn more about Brokermint

Controller
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/03

"Best Features for the Price, Great Customer Service"

Comments: To get a better product, you'd have to spend more money. We found workarounds for any issues we were having, and the cost savings is worth it for that. I think this product would work very well for a brokerage with fewer agents, but we had 100+, so the workarounds were a little time consuming. Overall, as an admin, I like it.

Pros: Brokermint mostly works just how you'd expect, which makes it easy for agents to pick up and start using with little training. Customer service is top of the line. My chats were always answered within a couple minutes. Anything requiring a phone call was easily scheduled within a reasonable time. In an emergency, I could always get help right away. As an admin, I could add an accounting checklist to each transaction, separate from the agent checklist, and I'd use that to upload a copy of the escrow deposit, bank transfer of escrow to commission, and commission payments. The agent could see these and know when they were paid.

Cons: It has a few quirks. One problem for agents is that you can't save a draft of an e-sign document, then come back and finish it later. It's all or nothing. The biggest for admin is that, if an agent has multiple active transactions and is going to cap mid-transaction on the next closing, commissions don't automatically update to reduce the company split on this closing, and they don't automatically zero the company split on the other active transactions. You have to re-apply the commission plan to them, which causes them to recalculate and recognize that the agent is capping.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/03
Kevin J.
CEO + Managing Broker
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/23

"Clunky User Interface with a Tremendous Learning Curve"

Comments: The team is open to feedback as long as it is positive. If you appear less than 100% positive in the support forums or share your frustrations in a constructive manner, the admins will disable your ability to post or comment on threads. This demonstrates a company with a dysfunctional culture and one that does not align with the values of our organization. If they would listen to the constructive feedback, BrokerMint could truly be something special (I truly believe that). Unfortunately, they are slow to respond to simple things and their actions are alienating customers.

Pros: It has the potential to be an amazing platform as it has all the right elements.

Cons: While it has all the right elements, the user interface is clunky, not intuitive and the result is a tremendous learning curve even for the most tech-savvy real estate professional. A great example of their unusual UI is that all transactions have to either be "pending" or a "listing." If you are preparing an offer to submit to a listing agent, it has to go into the system as a "pending" file, even though it is not. This skews your analytics since you will show a closed/lost rate that is artificially inflated. But wait, there is more. Need to prepare a referral agreement!? Yup, you guessed it -- pending transaction! That is just one of the issues I have with BrokerMint that has lead me to pull the plug at the end of our first contract.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Leora C.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"We love Brokermint!"

Comments: The help button has so much information and is so helpful to answer questions we have. I highly recommend Brokermint!

Pros: So easy to set up and teach to the team! Set up was painless but repetitive. We have truly cut down on time spent on files.

Cons: We went from paper files to this product. We could not be happier with our choice. I can't think of anything we don't like except perhaps we would like to be able to have a GROSS and NET agent dollar report.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/24
Maria W.
Office Admin.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"Review of Brokermint"

Comments: Brokermint does try really hard to accommodate smaller companies' business models. Their recent updates have improved the ease of usage for agents overall. Sometimes though, they update and move links/filters so often, that it's hard for the agents to figure out where the things they were used to seeing on one screen is now on another or in a different widget. I also find myself (Admin.)looking for tutorials and/or help guides to the new things they update. The announcements are good but again, the language is not always understood without further research into what it is has changed. Trying to get live support has begun to get harder. A live chat gets passed on to several people which then prompts me to filter through 2 to 3 different answers before getting what I need out of the initial inquiry. Reports is something that we've been working with Brokermint on since inception- we'll get there!

Pros: As far as I understand, Brokermint is not software, it's an internet based program - unless they are looking to get into that field? Initially, what I like most was how different it was from other programs we were using. The ease of initial transaction entry and agent usage capabilities is what took us over the top.

Cons: Initially, it was the understanding that much of the wording (colored differently) was a link to other pages or filters. There are no buttons or boxes to click on as people are used to. That was/is hard for a lot of the agents to grasp. Also, a lot of the dropdowns were not editable and the verbage is different in each state so we had to pick whatever was closest. When Brokermint updated the program to include these, it made the transaction editing easier - but all the previous entries still have the original wording. So if you're trying to find an archived trans. those filters don't work. When trying to communicate these issues to the staff/programmers via e-mail/chat; a phone call would always have to follow because the description language was different and we couldn't understand each other's needs/solutions without describing it live (it's good that they made themselves so available) but it took weeks to get to that point/resolution.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/19
Controller

"120+ Agent Company"

Comments: Overall, I'm happy with Brokermint. Their competition kept telling us it's for very small brokerages, but we haven't had any issues with 120 to 130 agents, and I don't see why it couldn't handle more. If you take the time to set everything up correctly before letting agents use it, they will love it.

Pros: It's very easy to use after getting it set up correctly. We have over 120 agents, and I don't spend a lot of time answering questions. If an agent comes to me with a Brokermint problem, it's usually because I got one of their settings or permissions wrong, and that's on me. I can create reports with a simple drag and drop menu of fields. I can create new fields and incorporate them into reports. Everything can be exported to CSV / Excel. Customer support has always been immediate, whether by phone, email, chat, or screen sharing.

Cons: Nothing major. It would be nice to have triggers that cause events. For example, if no one switches a transaction to closed, we aren't prompted to pay commissions. It would be great if we could be prompted to pay as soon as the broker approves the final required document in the checklist. As it is, we assign the brokers responsibility of switching transactions to closed after approving the final docs. This is to prevent the agent from having to revisit the transaction after submitting everything and getting it approved, just to switch it to closed. There are a few other things that I wish could be automatically triggered. Most of the cons I have would be a matter of convenience.

Kyle R.
Transaction Coordinator
Real Estate, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"Simple and useful transaction functionality"

Comments: Overall, BrokerMint has been great for our brokerage. It stores all of our documents/records, keeps track of finances, and keeps us in check with the tasks.

Pros: I've been using BrokerMint for 2.5 years now with my real estate brokerage, and in terms of individual transactions, it does it all. We can easily create transactions with specific checklists for each type (buyers, sellers, different jurisdictions) and BrokerMint auto-populates the needed fields and tasks. Tasks can be assigned to different users, we can track financial details like credits and referrals, and each real estate agent can see what they are getting paid clearly with the Commission Statements built into BrokerMint. Love it!

Cons: The reporting is definitely the weakest feature in BrokerMint, at least from my use. I think because there are so many variables (brokerage vs. agent, rentals vs. sales, closed vs. cancelled vs. active, referrals vs. regular) it's hard to find the data you want. I feel like I would search in a few different reports with the same criteria and get different results. The data is there, just needs cleaning up.

Kristian D.
Real Estate Agent
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/17

"Brokermint Agent Review"

Comments: Overall it is an easy and effective tool that cuts my work time in half in comparison to other systems I have used in the past. I love the simple layout! I never got overwhelmed with the system.

Pros: I love the pipeline! It makes planing and growing your business easy! You can clearly see what months you are at a high volume and what months need a marketing plan. I Plan and execute marketing plans using the pipeline. The second thing I love about this system is the ease in creating new transactions. I have noticed using previous systems the amount of information required to create a transaction is significant. It would take me so long to gather all the information required to create a transaction. It was like inputting two listings for one transaction. This system cut that time in half and the additional information is optional so if you need to get that RPA uploaded in a limited timeframe, you can get it done!

Cons: I wish I had the option to delete documents in a checklist that are not relevant to the current transaction, keeping them in the checklist but having the ability to customize it for the current transaction.
The dates do not reset with an extension so my checklists are always in the red.
I can't attach more than one document to a task. For example, the task Addendum can only have one document attached to it. If I have 3 Addendums in one transaction, I have to create three tasks.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Walter S.
Broker/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/19

"Brokermint review by Hallmark Realtors"

Comments: Again I am pleased with Brokermint, except for the reports and a few other small glitches that my admin has experienced.

Pros: Very flexible program, mostly easy to use, good training, My agents that use it like it, the agents that don't are not tech savvy and my Admin enters all the data for them.

Cons: Most of the reports are useless to me. I have asked several times for Agent Reports. Individual reports that I can review with my agents to show their production and compare it year over year, month over month, etc. Reports are there buy I don't understand why Brokermint insists on putting Company Dollar, and Gross Commission income into the reports to agents, it is none of their business what Company Dollar or any other Company statistics are, it only creates problems. If I was to leave Brokermint, it would be for this reason. I also wish the pipeline showed 12 months or at least Year to Date.

Becca E.
Closing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"Brokermint for Team Management"

Comments: Overall it has been a pleasant experience. We are just hoping for some for features to be unveiled as time goes on.

Pros: I like that multiple users can work through the same transaction, I like that it organizes the documents for us as things come in and I like that it is easy to track our pipeline and download transaction docs if we need after closing

Cons: I wish the checklist items allowed us to upload multiple documents under the same tab, i.e. if we have working docs we can upload and then add the completed document later. I wish it had the capability from the checklist to email out a template and check it off from the system. I wish it organized the checklist into categories so we could easily grab missing items we are looking for.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/26
Shannon P.
Transaction Coordinator and Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/26

"Transaction Coordinator's Perspective"

Comments: As a TC I have used many of the platforms currently used by different brokerages. Brokermint is by far the most intuitive and the easiest to use. It helps me quickly track what is still missing, and immediately see comments by compliance review. I like the fact that exemptions can be requested for documents that don't pertain to the transaction and that new placeholders can be added for documents that aren't on the checklist.

Pros: I love the ease of splitting a large pdf into individual documents that can be properly identified and immediately loaded into the checklist or given a specific name so I can then easily locate them in the unsorted folder and then download them for any corrections or completion.

Cons: I honestly haven't found a feature that I don't like.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/26
Linda M.

"Real Estate Software"

Comments: With REO work, there a many tasks that must be completed BEFORE it becomes a listing. With Traditional, checklists are needed after listing the property. This system allows consistency and efficiency for both products.

Pros: Only software on market usable for REO an traditional transactions. Easy to use. Ability to create custom reports and interface with other software systems. Love the mobility...use from office, Ipad and phone. Team always making improvements for increased efficiency.

Cons: Inability to keep track of expenses. Created a workaround so it works for me.

Erin T.
Office Assistant

"All Under One Roof"

Comments: While we are in the beginning stages, I have a positive outlook on BrokerMint. Some features are a little clunky (emailing multiple forms, splitting, and re-assigning them!) but overall the benefit of everything being under one roof outweighs those portions.

Pros: E-sign, transaction management, communication, and commission management are all under one roof. It can function almost however you would like it to fit your brokerage. When we do come across features that we would like to function differently than they do currently, tech support is extremely responsive. Both the chat feature and the folks we've called have all been very competent. The new e-sign updates make a world of difference.

Cons: The BM team has been very responsive in fixing the issues we've run into as we set up our processes - however, most of the issues could have been negated by having sore sort of onboarding specialist. Currently, we have meetings about once a week with tech support to come up with solutions to the issues that arise. Why not have someone run us through the set up process so there aren't issues in the first place? For example, our commission plans were set up incorrectly and tech did a great job walking us through why and fixing them. However, since it wasn't done correctly from the beginning there is quite a bit of catch up to do with transactions that were already in the system.

Chris L.
Chief Operating Officer
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/24

"The most comprehensive and easy to use software available."

Pros: Brokermint easily integrates with our third-party software to minimize the work required to sync transactions, listings, mailing lists, and website. Their API is easy for our developers to use for custom solutions and the software is EASY to use. Agent adoption was much easier than our company anticipated and the agents can all figure it out whether they are tech savvy or can barely text.

Cons: Mobile functionality is a bit difficult to navigate, no direct esigning within the app. The software does not act as a form vendor (currently) so we still require a 2nd software within our MLS for filling out the contracts. The library does not allow for sub folders and will not preview video files.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/24
Christian H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"Best Brokerage Firm Back Office Solution"

Comments: Good though it can take a while to get a response back when I have a question or issue about the system or my account configuration. Solid platform that works well for us though I'm looking forward to them implementing some of the streamlining / automation recommendations that I've proved to make it an even better user experience.

Pros: Relatively easy to use and does all the basic stuff a back office system should (Document storage for compliance, commission calculation, tracking and CD generation). We also use the Library resource feature as our go-to resource library for our agents.

Cons: Not as easy to use or intuitive as it could be. There is a fair amount of reduntant/unnecissary button pushing to accomplish simple tasks. Needs more automation options like auto adding document checklists or automatically submitting uploaded documents for review.

Melanie J.
Real Estate Agent
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/10

"So Easy to Use!"

Comments: Real estate is 95% paperwork. I am a solo agent, not yet ready to add a personal Transaction Coordinator, so Brokermint allows me, with the assistance of our in-house TC, manage the process, know exactly what I need to do next and keep my transactions on track so that we can get successfully to the closing table and serve my buyers and sellers well.

Pros: You know how when something is so easy to use you think, "Why isn't everyone using this?" That's how I feel about Brokermint. My brokerage uses it and I was unfamiliar with it when I joined almost a year ago. But it didn't take me long to see what an asset it was to my ability to prep documents, edit documents and send documents to clients in a way that impressed them. I love the archive and being able to reference closed transactions when I need to. 5 STARS all around!

Cons: Nothing yet! I guess this review system wants me to elaborate and add more text here, but I don't have anything negative to say.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/10
Justin D.
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/05

"BrokerMint is great for transaction management"

Comments: BrokerMint has been an awesome experience. Their features makes transaction management a breeze.

Pros: I like the overall ease of use for many of its features. The ability the combine and split documents in BrokerMint has come in handy countless times. It's also really easy to add and rename checklist items to fit each transaction and handle documents in a time efficient manner.

Cons: Navigating the documents within the transaction can be a little convoluted. I wish the "checklists" and "documents" sections were combined within transactions.

Tim H.
Operations Mgr
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/19

"Great Product"

Comments: This has helped our real estate company track deals and allow us to plan for the future.

Pros: This is a very user friendly product that allows our real estate company to properly track deals. It is very user friendly and allows each agent to track their own deals while the back office can review docs and process commissions. If you want to keep paperless files and be able to review your pipeline and past transactions, this is the product for you. The customer support is very responsive and helpful.

Cons: Some of the reports take some effort to get the exact data you are looking for, but once you finalize your report criteria it is very easy to gather the data you need.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/19
Kimberly D.
Comptroller
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees

"Wonderful Program"

Pros: The program is in essence a central hub that allows everyone to have access and be on the same page.

Cons: When calculating the agents commissions sometimes there are deductions or additions that need to be made after their bottom line net that can be very confusing initially.

Ann B.
Broker/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Good experience. Good customer support."

Comments: Agents like it better than DTR. that we had before.

Pros: Easy to use and the customer service support is wonderful. Good value for money and overall quality is pretty good. I like the clean look. Sometimes agents get confused with the drop downs because they aren't obvious.

Cons: Needs to have a fully functional accounting integration (not quickbooks) with ledgers and bank integration. Would like more graphics and/or color coding. Needs to have a better layout for the commission Disbursement page with more info.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Linda L.
Owner / Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/09

"You asked, I answered"

Comments: It's a good program. We like it (except for the above problems).

Pros: There's a lot we like. ((what I don't like is to have to answer questions that I don't want to - with a minimum of 44 characters))

Cons: The inefficiency when going through your calendar of tasks between the task and the email template.
Blacked out screen if I use the back button instead of your green back button on my computer.
The inability to change the titles along the left side of the screen.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/09
Jennifer B.
Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/06

"Brokermint Review"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. When I reach out for help, someone is always there to assist me with whatever I'm working on. They are very responsive which is hard to find.

Pros: I like the ability of being able to send a document to a client within the software without having to open up another program to send the document for signatures. I also like that on the dashboard you can see how much your have sold for a given year. It keep me motivated to hitting my goal.

Cons: It was a little confusing at first but every time I go into Brokermint I learn something new.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/06
Amanda B.
Client Services/Manager Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/23

"Brokermint is a great, paperless way to file and manage transactions."

Comments: We wanted to switch to paperless filing and this was an easy way to do that. We can run reports and see the pipeline of all the closed, pending and active listings.

Pros: Brokermint is very user friendly. It is easy to manage our transactions and run reports. We train all of our agents on the system and they pick it up fast. They like how accessible it is wherever they go.

Cons: This software could be more up to date in ways. I wish their was a better electronic signing system.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/23
Kathleen E.
Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Brokermint"

Comments: It helps alot. I love it.

Pros: I love how you get emails everyday reminding you to call the people back, when it sends you their email

Cons: Everything is great, i had no problems with this program.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/26