LinkedIn for Business Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About LinkedIn for Business

Recruiting solution that enables businesses to create a brand page, attract talent, and hire qualified candidates.

Learn more about LinkedIn for Business

Nabila B.
Nabila B.
Human Resources Manager
Investment Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/12

"Premium features for LinkedIn"

Comments: Creating a profile that builds my connection and network in the professional world. Searching for jobs and comparing salaries from different organizations is easy. Researching for a business and employment trend with this software also very helpful.

Pros: The business plan lets me to view profiles in my 3rd connection, which i can't see from a basic account. It is beneficial when i am searching for anyone in a particular organization. Other than that, the analytics insight gives me critical information when i am applying for a job vacancy on the platform or searching for a perfect candidate for our job vacancy.

Cons: It is expensive, and all the plan has its own features and distinguishes from each other. I need to change the program if I need to use the feature that only available on the program and can't use the feature on my current plan. Customer service is just average and not the best despite the expensive plan that i have paid.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/12
Raj K.
DGM Marketing
Mining & Metals, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/14

"Professional Networking Platform to Catapult your career"

Comments: It is the best networking tool for professionals globally. Linkedin for business helps seasoned professionals, beginners, students, self-employed, freelancers, or just about anyone in showcasing their profiles to the entire world. The profile builder is so powerful and versatile that you can efficiently share yourself to help you in your career. Recently, It has evolved into a social media tool to keep you from getting bored with serious stuff.

Pros: There are quite a few beneficial features on its ever-growing platform. You can build up your network of friends, colleagues, and strangers to build a solid social media presence. It lets you chat with people in your network in real-time. You can leave messages for people outside your connections domain to grow your network or help in career growth.
There are some cool features like “Who has viewed your profile,” search jobs, read news, try premium for free, view profiles anonymously, and so on. You can recommend and refer your colleagues, join groups, follow companies, respond to notifications, manage invitations at your pace. You can also read newsletters, track people, create events, or review your privacy settings to finetune your social media strategies.
There is a whole lot of customization available to mold the platform to your unique needs. Linkedin Learning has a particular focus on education. Similar work-related products exist on the site to help you professionally.
Overall, there are endless possibilities to capitalize on this beautiful networking tool.

Cons: Recent changes have made this professional networking site turn into a usual social media page. Some users may dislike those irritating features on it, such as likes, comments, etc. Linkedin has diluted its identity by following the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Secondly, there are many features available only on the paid platform. Subscription plans may be a bit expensive for a large majority of users. Finally, there are many fake profiles on LinkedIn, which makes your extensive network meaningless to some extent. Finally, it does not have an obituary, so perhaps you may find yourself approaching a dead man to pitch for yourself!

• Reviewed on 2021/08/14
Hithesh T.
Hithesh T.
Application Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/04

"A good professional platform to find leads"

Comments: Best professional flatform to find leads and prospect. There is lot of professional profiles which really helps us to get B2B business

Pros: LinkedIn scheduler feature ia very useful to schedule meeting with prospect in a single platform. LinkedIn polls feature is very useful to understand latest market. User interface is great which creates professional virtual environment.

Cons: Pricing of LinkedIn for business is quite expensive. There will be lot of sponsored messages which sometimes feels irritated.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/04
Kristie K.
Kristie K.
Business Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/30

"Great for Business Owners!"

Comments: Overall, it has been a good experience using LinkedIn for Business because I can control what is viewed to the public and what is privately shared with my followers. I like being able to make my business more professional that it already is. Although I am still in the production stage of my business by working with freelancers, I have learned a lot about promoting the brand professionally on the world wide web. It has been a fulfilling experience and I hope it takes off with many sales in the near future. During the pandemic, I have been working on my business more than ever because I was furloughed from my full-time job. LinkedIn is one of the ways I could promote my business and help me rely on it to generate income.

Pros: My favorite part of LinkedIn for Business is having the ability to post the latest updates on my freelance business to the public. I can control what gets seen by the public and what doesn't. I can invite my employees to the business on LinkedIn, forming a community and giving them a sense of belonging. It is important to engage those who work for my brand and keep the brand professional.

Cons: I don't like having to pay for advertising services because it is expensive. I have used the advertising before to promote my business but it led to nowhere. If there is a way to get a refund for these type of incidents, that'd be a great feature. I don't have many employees hired for my business at the moment but I have been able to work on the marketing aspects of my business. I can still promote my products by creating posts and videos onto LinkedIn for visitors to see.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/30
Creative
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/22

"Great Networking Platform"

Comments: Very fun. I had a separate account years prior when I worked in accounting but opted for a fresh look when I got involved in the arts. Its an incredible field to be in, very demanding but one that helps shape a person in ways I dont think can be achieved any more successfully. LinkedIn is just a super cool place for people to meet and network and share ideas and opportunities with a growing world thats in need of its services. So much good could come from ideas like this one and i think future generations can do so much more their world if they were aware of the people and opportunities and work that was done prior to them taking the reigns. The world is changing so rapidly and its important to be tuned in and aware, open and active; so this is a great place for intelligent, driven people who desire to achieve.

Pros: LinkedIn, from my understanding, is/was one of the original networking platforms for professionals. The interface is simple, modern and very user-friendly. Ive run across some of the coolest profiles of modern day creators for this generation. Theres so much to learn about different areas of business and education that you may not know exists otherwise. Very trendy, cool & classy souls and its just a great place to start if you're looking to advance your career or financial situation in any way. Very down to earth vibe, and the people generally are very open and accepting. Intelligent beings, I really enjoyed a lot of my time there!

Cons: Its not so much the software as it is the economy. I feel like the world slowed down a lot several years ago, and if you werent in the know you missed the shift. I feel like theres a new avenue in business in America that wasnt there before and because Im not involved I get a since of just boredom or almost like a stagnation, so Im not as active in the community as I used to be. Theres a whole new group of professionals in a different field of work that i feel like i really missed out on, so the swing of things has changed a bit. I literally feel the difference .. only complaint I think I have about the software is the mailbox. It can be kind of irritating. But otherwise most of the features are awesome.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/22
Data Analyst
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/18

"Media to Network"

Comments: I have made many new connections in LinkedIn and when I meet someone new, I get connected with them and know more about them. If see an opportunity in some organization, It helps me to know who else works here, so that I can get referral or learn more about the opportunity.

Pros: Best media to network with your connection and find the new opportunity and keep you updated. Helps you to learn new technology and news, job opportunity, organization in which people around you are working with.

Cons: Sometime the post get repeated, when you see your own post the number of views to the post increases (which is not supposed to happen) limits the number connection a user can have.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/18
Nathan S.
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/25

"An honest review of LinkedIn"

Pros: LinkedIn is everything work professionals need to connect and interact.
1) Professional social network feel - I like the ability to share posts, add comments, message connections and find jobs, or opportunities.
2) The connections feature is probably the most underrated feature of LinkedIn. It's not just enough to have connections, if your connections know you well, they can recommend you for skills, on job applications and more.
3) LinkedIn Premium features may not seem like they are worth the extra money but if you can afford it, there are some valuable features that you can use
- The most obvious one is see who had viewed your profile. For some reason you have to pay for this but it is a good feature to have.
- The Featured Applicant feature under LinkedIn Premium is great for job seekers, where you can apply for jobs and are put at the top of a recruiters list.
- E-Learning courses - LinkedIn allows you to also take elearning courses (from their purchase of Lynda.com) to update your skills and even save courses for future reference.

Cons: 1) LinkedIn tends to send too many emails notifications over the course of the week. There is a way to turn them off but it seems a bit odd that a social network would be sending out so many emails.
2) Not everyone will find the premium features useful. Yes it is great to be able to apply for jobs or see who has viewed your profile, but those do not always seem to justify the cost of membership.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Kevin W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"LinkedIN if Used Properly for Networking its worth its weight in Gold"

Pros: Ive been using Linkedin for at least 6 years now when I first started to use it of course it was a learning curve being that I am a business owner I was please to know that there was a social network that doesn't have all the clutter and meaningless photos of say Facebook and Twitter. If im being honest I have probably developed at least 200+ leads just through messaging and targeting based on finding specific groups and posting relevant content.

Cons: My major problem with Linkedin is the change to how you access and find new groups. It use to be as simple as going to the dropdown at the top of the page and clicking "Groups" then you could place search inquires and add relevant groups to that search. Now it seems like you have to go though like three areas just to find it. Also the mailbox gets too cluttered I know you can get a purchased account an circumvent that with Inmail but on the normal account it can get annoying.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/10
Roger S.
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/10

"For the Technical Recruiter - NO OTHER Product Matches Identifying / Contacting Passive Candidates"

Pros: It is the only database and application platform that passive high tech candidates use in their career to stay available when, and in case, they decide to change companies. The typical profile of LinkedIn members in high tech are they always have employment, and stay available to see if there is a next step in their career they need to consider when a job req is Inmailed to them. For hiring managers they can increase their network of possible people they could hire on their team, or get the word out to their network that they are hiring and through referral find candidates. I like the education section as a goto when i need to learn something - that is a nice additional function

Cons: always lots to explore and more than you can use at any one time, so I never feel i am utilizing it fully. I have to hunt around for things in the menu as it never seems to be where i would think it should be.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/10
Sean G.
Sean G.
Inside sales
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/02

"Fantastic. Some of the paid versions are a bit expensive though"

Comments: Overall I have it 4 stars for the reasons above. There is great potential and great resources, but with the amount of money they must make in advertising within the site, they could loosen the leash on the free version and offer more free searches or profile views to allow others to connect. Overall as well, there’s nothing like LinkedIn on the market. It’s the only, and best option

Pros: In my industry, group health insurance, LinkedIn is a GREAT way to connect t with insurance brokers and other industry professionals. Connecting allows you to email them or basically instant message to get a conversation going. The professional, paid accounts offer a lot of tools and resources to filter and search for connections. If you’re ambitious, it’ll provide a good ROI

Cons: For the free version, LinkedIn is a very stingy and limits the amount of profile views and searches. Especially if you’re a salesperson or in marketing/business development.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/02
Laura Z.
Proposal Writer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/07

"Thank you LinkedIn!"

Comments: LinkedIn has been so helpful in my career and was the reason that my resume ended up in the right peoples' hands when I was laid off. I've built a great network which has advanced me in my career and keeps me up to date with what's going on in my industry.

Pros: I love being able to send in-box private messages to people and to see which of my contacts are connected with people that I would like to connect with. Very easy to switch between administrator and personal posts and responses.

Cons: I'd prefer if you could view people's profiles without them seeing that you took a look. That's all that I can think of.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/07
Senior Sales Executive
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/06

"A must tool for any sales team1"

Pros: I love the fact how easy it is to save and follow leads and see if there were any recent changes with them (changed roles, companies etc.) and the same goes for companies (if they are hiring for certain roles that could be an indicator for offering my product ). Prepping for any call with Linkedin is so easy, as I can quickly dive into someone's profile and find some key points to talk about that i can relate to. In other words, I find that Linkedin's business tools are pretty much a MUST for any business development role and sales teams.

Cons: I find that the advanced search is ok but a bit lacking. I'd love to see some technographic data on what kind of tools the company is using now. so the filters are ok but more data is needed as you can't really run everything from Linkedin (as a plugin for the CRM or directly from the platform )

• Reviewed on 2021/01/06
Daniel alejandro M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/14

"Perfect tool to grow as a professional"

Pros: I like LinkedIn since it was created. It allows me to be surrounded with people that share the same goal: To be productive and to grow in the huge and competitive market of professionals. With this app I can always be in touch with people from my same work area, and also score jobs outside my boundaries with the opportunity to learn and go beyond my expectations. LinkedIn was just a great idea and can help everyone that´s looking for a chance to really step forward in their life. I love the fact that is a worldwide app.

Cons: Sometimes it can be difficult for someone to really understand all the information that we get from this app. It seems there are so many ways to make it work that in occasions we can get confused.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/14
Process Specialist
Consumer Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/03

"Best Networking App!"

Comments: Overall I enjoy it, it has helped me network and get in touch with other professionals

Pros: LinkedIn makes networking suuuper easy. They show you people who have worked at your place or employment in the past to see what they’re doing currently and maybe connect to see if they can get aid you in getting a new career. They show you people who have worked at places you have worked in the past to do the same as above. They also show you people who went to your alma mater or just people with similar certification/work history to help see maybe where you can end up.

Cons: The free option limits a lot of what you can see. You have to pay to see who viewed your profile or to get resume building help

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03
Tevin P.
Software Engineer
Publishing, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/16

"No other professional network is as strong as LinkedIn!"

Pros: I have achieved a lot with LinkedIn. I have been jobless for 4 months after being fired from my past employer. The connections I had in LinkedIn helped me a lot to search for my job effectively. I have received response from almost 70% of the recruiters I contacted through LinkedIn and thus I realized that LinkedIn is the most widely used professional networking platform for job seekers and recruiters. I am still looking for new opportunities with the help of LinkedIn. The paid plan is affordable for even the middle class people.

Cons: There is a limit at which one can search for people. It blocks further viewing of contents when we reach a certain point with the free plan.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/16
Gabriel R.
Gabriel R.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/13

"Sophisticated Social Media For The Business Minded"

Comments: As a photographer, I love sharing photos of course, and it's very easy to do so here now, as well as sharing links to external pages to view more photos. I like also having my network visible on the right to see who's around and some I haven't seen in sometime. I don't spend a lot of time here so I try to explore and use many of the features when I do.

Pros: I love the new revamped LinkedIn much more than the older design. Yes, it feels quite similar to Facebook, but with its feed it's now easier to see what your contacts are posting while keeping the business sections like job/resume search and business networking separate. It's actually possible to socialize casually here now, lol. The best of both worlds are harmonizing in this well thought and designed platform.

Cons: Approaching the new design at first can be overwhelming with the main feed, notifications, messages, connections, following business pages. But if you plan on spending time here and make it worth it, it's good to learn all its features and know what works for you and what may not.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/13
LinkedIn for Business Growth
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/10

"Linked for better business connections"

Comments: Better professional connections, and the ability to advertise about the skills and products that i personally offer.

Pros: LinkedIn provides a platform for professional connections that any other social media platform cannot offer. It offers business connections with potential business solutions and potential business markets without the cost of moving from place to place. It also offers the opportunity for career advancements by interactions with personnel in career choices of ones choice.

Cons: Just like any other online platform LinkedIn requires the use of the internet which is not readily available especially in economically developing countries.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/10
Production Engineer
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/12

"Professional connections network"

Comments: I use for over 10 years now from 2010 and really helped learn lot of things and make new connections from different countries within my expertise.
Also, it helped me get one job.

Pros: The ease of use and availability of new jobs in all categories and industries.
Guidance through the applications and also ease of application with just few clicks you can apply for some jobs with easy apply.
Ability to connect with professionals from all over the world and exchanging informations and experiences

Cons: The customer service takes time yo respond, i would like if there is live chat customer support to help resolve issue online

• Reviewed on 2021/01/12
Marketing Communications Manager
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/11

"Great app to connect with my professional contacts"

Comments: I think it's a really great app, but you have to know the tips and tricks easily navigate through it

Pros: I love how the app instantly connects me with my business contacts as well as those who would want to do business with me. I also like the feed as it lets you scroll through various insightful materials through contacts' posts and shares. The interface is also nice and easy to use as it works just like Facebook only more professional and a bit more formal.

Cons: The notifications keep on repeating itself for almost a week. Probaby a bug, but linkedin must fix it soon.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/11
Sales Associate
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/05

"I Really like LinkedIn"

Comments: My overall experience with LinkedIn has been great! I've been able to find and apply for many job opportunities through the site, some of which led to employment.

Pros: I love the fact that employers are exposed to your resume and reach out to you on LinkedIn. Linked in also offers the option to get help with your resume and/or career coaching among other things. The filter options also make it easy to narrow down your search and find the specific opportunity that is just right for you.

Cons: What I like least about the software is that there are so many premium features.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/05
Randall M.
Randall M.
Executive Producer
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/02

"LinkedIN Premium"

Comments: Very positive experience with the product. Use it on a daily basis to track industry news, network with other professionals, and to search for qualified job personnel.

Pros: The ability to help my company network with industry professionals, link up with people who are looking for work, and to stay up to date on industry news.

Cons: There has not been a feature of LinkedIN that I do not like. They are constantly improving upon the features they offer and the way that it is presented.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/02
Ron Q.
Ron Q.
Freelance website Tester
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/25

"Essential software for networking with work colleagues and keeping up to date on workplace info date"

Comments: I have learned a lot of work related info that I never expected to learn..and I have connected with so many people that I never expected to connect with.

Pros: Linkedin makes it easy to connect with work colleagues and it is the site for learning all about work related info and trends

Cons: Linkedin for wireless seems to act differently than LinkedIn for desktop. The mobile version doesn't seem to sync as quickly as the desktop version. Also, the mobile version doesn't allow for attachments in Messaging, while the desktop version allows attachments in Messaging.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/25
Paul R.
Geomorphologist
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/15

"Get connected"

Pros: I have used Linkedin on behalf of my company and for personal use, and I think it's an incredibly useful tool that will only grow in importance in future. It's a great way of staying in touch and networking, and can be useful in sales, job hunting, and more, depending on how much effort (and occasionally money) you are willing to invest.

Cons: Despite being widely embraced, it's value seems to vary significantly between different industries (but I would recommend it for a professional in any industry).

• Reviewed on 2017/11/15
Director Of Sales And Business Development
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/23

"One of the best networking and sales tools out there"

Pros: LinkedIn makes it really easy to showcase your work history and find the right people to connect with. If you want to build your network, or need to rely on your network, this is the place to be.

Cons: LinkedIn restricts the amount of searches you can do on the free platform. Since upgrading to the paid platform that hasn't been an issue, except sometimes they limit the number of out-of-network profiles you can view. If your new to LinkedIn and have a small network, this is going to be challenging.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/23
Abdul wahab K.
Abdul wahab K.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/22

"A complete recruiting solution"

Comments: The overall experience with LinkedIn for Business is great in terms of features and functionality but its user interface is seeking immediate upgrade.

Pros: It is an efficient recruiting solution. The brand page is an attractive feature. It helps in searching and hiring the right candidates for the right positions. It enables us to message directly to the person even without being a connection.

Cons: The user interface is not much attractive and seeking moderation. The very frequent and bulk email notifications are annoying.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/22