• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

About APS Payroll

We make payroll and HR easier for our customers.

Learn more about APS Payroll

Robin C.
Office Mgr
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/14

"Love it so far"

Comments: Being able to combine payroll AND HR online is amazing. I love the reporting options I have and that I can still run payroll in house but have APS handle the taxes so they are done correctly.

Pros: I love the reporting options! There are so many great reporting options as well as the option to put together your own! I also like that you don't have to sign up for each module if you don't need it. If you are using the payroll module but don't want/need the HR or attendance module than you don't have to sign up for those. I also like that you have your own (small) dedicated support team instead of just calling in or doing an online chat with a random person. We have only been using APS for a short time but so far I love it much more than our previous providers which included Quickbooks and Sage.

Cons: You do several training calls and those can be a bit hard to schedule depending on scheduling conflicts on both sides but that would be expected anywhere..... There really isn't anything I can say I don't really like so far? Maybe the price? It is a tiny bit pricey... Especially for smaller companies.... The only other thing I would like to see would be a quicker processing time for direct deposit. Our previous payroll company was able to process same day which comes in very handy for us (especially during holidays) since we run payroll the following day after the end of our pay period.

by APS on 2020/02/06

Your positive review is very much appreciated, Robin! We're glad to hear you're happy with the reporting options and your dedicated support team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2020/01/14
Rickelle L.
Cashier
Food Production, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/27

"Awesome"

Comments: Overall experience for this is an A plus!! Highly recommended!

Pros: I literally NEVER had an issue signing in at work, they was never an issue with my pay, time now hours. The system never froze while I was using like some others it was great.

Cons: I can’t name anything I have an issue with. The person that would use the system would mess up but the system would always show where they went wrong.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/27
Jenny B.
Registrar
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/24

"Time saver!"

Comments: This has greatly helped supervisors monitor for overtime. It's the first system we've used to digitally process time off requests, and after using a paper system for year, this has been a welcome change. Highly recommend.

Pros: This has been a great tool for managing employee time, benefits and leave in our organization. The self-serve portal is great for allowing employees to clock in/out from anywhere on campus (it is geofenced). It allows both employees and supervisors to easily monitor time so overtime is not so frequent. We also used it for benefit enrollment which streamlined the entire process for everyone!

Cons: The only glitch I've found is that the only spot to enter an employee comment is before you click "clock out" or "clock in," so an extra clock in/out is necessary to add a comment, and then the admin has to clean up that time entry. (Comments are necessary if a punch is missed: for example, if an employee forgot to clock in from lunch, they would have to enter the comment "missed clock in after lunch 12:15" before they clock out.

by APS on 2020/11/30

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Jenny! We are happy to hear that the APS platform has made it easier for you to manage employee time, benefits, and leave. We will pass along your constructive feedback regarding comments for time entries.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for being a valued APS customer!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/24
Deborah P.
HR
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/14

"Nice to have all of my data in one place."

Comments: I really enjoy having one program that does almost everything I need. Being a department of one for 3 small companies with about 120 total employees, I need something that helps to keep my organized and on task. APS helps me do that.

Pros: I liked that I had Payroll, benefits, reviews etc. all in one place and accessible to multiple people for ease of completion and reduced time and paperwork.

Cons: I am in the state of WA and there are somethings that are fairly new that We are having to have work arounds because APS does not provide that service as of yet. Also the set up and style of performance management tools are a bit outdated. we have made a work around for that as well.

by APS on 2019/11/15

We appreciate your positive review, Deborah! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to manage all of your locations. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Jaime G.
CFO
Management Consulting
    4,5 /5
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2015/06/25

"Breath of Fresh Air for MAC Users!"

Pros: The software works on the Safari platform so I don't have to download other browsers. Although not completely intuitive, the software is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. I love how they assign one service rep for consistency but others are always available to help you if needed. I have used Automatic Data Processing (ADP) and Paychex, and hands down this is the best software we have found to manage our payroll. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Cons: Some of the features are not as adaptable to our needs as we would like, and some of the reporting capabilities are not intuitive, but again the customer service is far superior to that of any other company so it has really been a non-issue.

• Reviewed on 2015/06/25
Tyson H.
Accounting Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Great Value"

Comments: APS Payroll has been a major improvement for our company. Our records are now more detailed and our reporting is more accurate. Also, we've been able to save over a day in the processing time for payroll. However, the best thing APS has offered is their customer service. Every employee of theirs has been top notch with solutions and very prompt.

Pros: APS Payroll tracks time and automates the time entry process, which had been unavailable to us through a previous provider. We also have staff at multiple locations, and APS gives a variety of options for clocking in/out. We were able provide "time clocks" to each location with relatively little start up costs. The user interface is very easy to understand and almost all of our users were able to learn how to use APS in less than a day.

Cons: About the only issue we've run into thus far is with the linking of the tablets when using the tablet app. At two locations, the tablets will occasionally unlink for reasons we are unsure. However, the fix is easy and can be done the average user.

by APS on 2019/11/19

We appreciate your positive review, Tyson! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Tracie R.
Human Resources Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/24

"Benefits Administration"

Comments: Easily administer the majority of our benefits and enrollments.

Pros: I like that APS Payroll has an integrated Payroll and HR system - and that I can manage the individual enrollments for our employees. I also like that I can load all of our benefit documents into the system, which allows our employees access to the information at any time.

Cons: I wish the setup of our benefits plans offered more customization, such as not requiring a beneficiary for life benefits (our carrier will only accept signed paper forms) and customized voluntary life volumes (versus a 'formula' to calculate volumes). I also wish the system could accommodate our opt-out payments (rather than having to enter the credits directly in payroll).

by APS on 2019/11/27

The positive review is much appreciated, Tracie! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/24
Information Services, 11-50 Employees

"Easy to Use"

Pros: We use to manage our payroll in house which took a significant amount of time, even with a small number of employees. Switching to APS helped save time and allowed for a easier and more efficient way of tracking payroll. There are tons of different reports you can run and everything is very user friendly. If there is ever a question on anything our customer service agent is quick to respond and help. It's been great having all our employee information in one place!

Cons: A few instances of frustration where some of our benefits have not calculated correctly. I'm not sure if there was lack of communication upon setup or what happened. Anytime we have ran into this APS saw that a solution was made.

by APS on 2018/11/16

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns about calculating benefits. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Debbie H.
Finance and Administration Manager
Veterinary, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/14

"just what we needed"

Comments: APS makes it so easy for us to process payroll. We have employees with split departments and payroll codes and APS handles it all!

Pros: APS is a terrific tool and the best part for us is the ease of operation. The menus and drop down boxes are logical and not complicated. Maneuvering through each screen, tab, and function is simple and intuitive.

Cons: We just don't use enough of the system - there are so many additional capabilities and functions that we are not utilizing at the present time. For example, we do not use the timekeeping function. Right now our organization still utilizes a paper time card instead of the timekeeping module in APS!

by APS on 2019/02/18

We appreciate your positive review, Debbie! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss how your organization can utilize the system in its fullest capacity.

If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/02/14
Benjamin R.
Director of Operations
Mental Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/15

"A satisfied APS costumer"

Comments: We have been able to bring several HR functions under one software platform. The ease of use and communications piece has saved us so much administrative time.

Pros: I find the software very easy to use and the support team is responsive and very helpful.

Cons: Some of the ACA functions seem to be cumbersome and have taken a little extra time to learn and use.

by APS on 2019/11/19

We appreciate your positive review, Benjamin! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Dallas H.
EVP
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/22

"Simple but very effective"

Comments: It allows us to use the funds saved to employ in a much needed area.

Pros: The overall simplicity of it and the ease of it.

Cons: After 2 years, I have not found anything to dislike about it.

by APS on 2019/11/27

We appreciate your positive review, Dallas! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/22
Angela L.
Administrative Project Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Great program"

Comments: The APS payroll system was very easy to transition from our previous program. It transitioned perfectly without any problems. It has given us a better way to track our employees and their information.

Pros: Very easy to move from one area of the system into another without issue.

Cons: The attendance module: tracking time off requests

by APS on 2019/06/20

We appreciate your positive review, Angela! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/21
Pete W.
CFO
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/18

"Good Payroll/HR System and customer support."

Comments: Working with APS has been a good experience. Personnel were easy to work with and once implemented have had very few issues.

Pros: APS allowed us to combine separate Payroll, Time Clock, and HR systems into one system. This allowed us to reduce personnel and save time processing payroll and was able to import into our accounting system.

Cons: Cross Company reporting needs some work.

by APS on 2019/11/19

We appreciate your positive review, Pete! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/18
Abby G.
Data Analytics
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/02

"APS Review"

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and the customization of reports

Cons: There isn’t anything I can think of that I dislike!

by APS on 2020/06/05

Abby, thank you for taking the time to write us a personal review. We are happy to hear the system has tailored to your needs. We look forward to working with you in the years to come.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/02
Debbie L.
Manager, Human Resources
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/09

"APS Review"

Comments: It has been great. Very attentive and responds quickly to questions.

Pros: Very versatile. Can handle all aspects of payroll and Human Resources.

Cons: Cannot upload training videos. We have training videos for all employees to view. It would be nice if we could upload them in APS

by APS on 2019/05/10

We appreciate your positive review, Debbie! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/09
Director of Administration
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"Fast and Efficient"

Comments: Monitoring overtime and managing time-off requests is so simple now. Processing regular payroll and any special payroll runs, such as bonuses, is not as daunting as a task as it used to be in the paper days.

Pros: The site is easy to navigate, and the interface is simple. Processing payroll is a simply and fairly quick process.

Cons: Reports are produced very quickly, but I wish I could download them in an Excel format. Currently, they can be printed or downloaded as a pdf or csv file.

by APS on 2019/06/20

We appreciate your positive review! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Jessica W.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/09

"Great Customer Experience"

Comments: From start to finish we have had an excellent support team. Any questions you may have get answered and resolved. Their team is always there to support you and its very personalized.

Pros: Easy to use. The overall look and feel made it easy to navigate. We really enjoy being able to access the information we need to get things done quicker and in a more efficient manner.

Cons: We have no complaints about the software.

by APS on 2019/08/27

We appreciate your positive review, Jessica! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely, responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/09
Felisha W.
Account Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"APS Review"

Comments: My overall experience with APS has been outstanding, will always recommend them to anyone.

Pros: I love this software because its easy to move around in and The team is always available to get in touch with if you run into an issue. Also they are always quick to fix any problem that you may encounter.

Cons: I don't really have any cons.So I don't have anything bad to say about APS

by APS on 2019/11/20

Thank you for your positive review, Felisha! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Isabel L.
HR Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/21

"APS Review"

Comments: There's always a customer service rep that is willing and able to help out!

Pros: I like that you can customize reports for audits.

Cons: It can be difficult when trying to run certain reports for audits, there will be missing information that is required.

by APS on 2020/06/05

Isabel, thank you for reviewing us! We have passed along your feedback about the reporting audits to our development team. In the meantime, our Success Coordinator, Amanda, would love to see if she can help with the functionality. Her email is [email protected] Thank you for being a valued customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/21
Amanda L.
Payroll/HR Specialist
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/15

"Easy to Use and Great Customer Service"

Pros: This software is very easy to use and the customer service is great. If I have questions, they are usually answered that same day. We use the APS tablet app for clocking in and out at multiple locations using an Ipad and wifi. We also use the HR console which has made ACA tracking and Benefits very simple.

Cons: I would like some of the reports to export into Excel better.

by APS on 2020/05/18

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are happy to hear the tablet is working so well for you, and that you are able to take advantage of the tracking features! We have passed along your feedback about the Excel export to our developers. Thank you for being a 5-star client!

• Reviewed on 2020/05/15
Tsering D.
Program Director
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees

"amazing product"

Comments: The payroll solution makes it easier for me to see the hourly staff hours and overtime.
it is also very useful when I am entering staff information

Pros: very easy to use and great coustomer support

Cons: sometimes I get kicked out off my log in info and have to make new login.

by APS on 2018/11/16

Thank you so much for your review, Tsering. We really appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Kellie B.
EVP-Operations
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"Wonderful Payroll Solution"

Comments: APS has helped me minimize the time that I spend doing payroll.

Pros: I like that APS handles everything for us. They take care of paying our taxes for us and make sure that we are always in compliance.

Cons: The website could be more user friendly.

by APS on 2019/11/15

We appreciate your positive review, Kellie! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Donna D.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/23

"APS is AWESOME"

Pros: The functionality of APS Payroll is great. I believe the customer service is above and beyond any I know of

Cons: I truly can't think of anything. APS is always coming up with new and improved services usually before I think of them.

by APS on 2019/05/01

We appreciate your positive review Donna! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/23
Shauna R.
Accounting and HR Director
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/21

"Finally a software you can trust with everything you need!"

Comments: I have had the pleasure of working for CPAs as a bookkeeper and handed 100's of clients and their payroll needs for over 15 years. When I went to work for a large church, I needed more than just a payroll system so I tried several. I received multiple complaints from employees, so I decided to research others. I put out a request to a third-party who gave me 3 referrals. One was APS. The price was less than what I was paying and we received more services. It has been a blessing. One other complaint for me was a payroll representative revolving at other companies. I had several contacts for the seamless setup, but one thereafter. She is amazing! She serves her clients with quickness and professionalism. I love APS and tell everyone I know about them.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Have not found anything I dislike

by APS on 2016/10/25

We appreciate your positive feedback Shauna! We are so happy you switched to APS. We love putting our customers first and providing the best support possible!

• Reviewed on 2016/10/21
Internet, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Easy to Use"

Pros: APS easily allowed us to complete actions in bulk.

Cons: At times, load speeds were a bit much. Often, refreshing the page would resolve this.

by APS on 2018/11/16

We appreciate you taking the time to review the APS system. We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance and reliability of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service.