• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,8 /5
    4,7 /5

About Kudos

Kudos is a social peer-to-peer employee recognition system designed to deliver employee engagement with an amazing employee experience.

Learn more about Kudos

Tyson G.
Regional Director Of Operations
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/06

"Nothing short of an exceptional experience! Our team is in loving with having Kudos."

Comments: More customizing options for the pages feature, but not really a con. I've found a work around by creating custom graphics with my preferred images and fonts and uploading. Very easy to read on mobile phones which is so nice! This has become our company "go to" for resources such as our benefit program overview.

Pros: The program is incredibly user friendly and availability on all platforms: computer, mobile, Gmail build in, and more. We have employees with language barriers that can use the program with ease! The program has connected our company and solidified our core values of team. With hotels spread out our province, all the teams can come together to recognize, share best practices, and celebrate success. It has also helped me get to know our team and helps our ownership group stay involved with day to day news. One of the customer rep, from the beginning, has been incredibly helpful and efficient. Kudos Support help answer any questions I have so quickly and properly. Not to mention, I have given multiple improvement requests which have come through shortly after! Kudos truly cares and we feel valued... most importantly, our team feels valued having this incredible tool to recognize and communicate with each other. I would not hesitate to recommend Kudos to any other organization.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/06
Design Authority
Telecommunications, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/08

"Recognition made easy"

Comments: I love it, I use it everyday and recommend its use to everyone irrespective of your job level.

Pros: The structure and ease of use has allowed me to very easily recognize my peers , leaders and staff. The integrated dashboards also creates competitiveness which makes it even more fun.

Cons: The software needs to have some build in moderation to identify "fake" recognition's. An exceptional category gets selected with the contents saying thank you.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/08
Bonnie D.
Recruiter
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/05

"An easy and FUN way to say thank you"

Comments: Overall experience has been great, as mentioned above it is an easy and quick way to show someone that they matter as a part of your team. Actions speak louder than words, and by giving some kudos to someone who is doing great in their position, it is the just the icing on top of the thank you that you already gave them!

Pros: I love Kudos because it is that extra little something to tell a coworker thank you or that you appreciate them! I love being able to award team members for their work and then they can turn around and use those Kudos to buy themselves something special. Kudos is a creative way to give back to those people who help you or make your work day better! I love giving and receiving KUDOS! :)

Cons: I have had no issues when using this software

Janelle H.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/07

"Kudos for Kudos!"

Comments: Kudos really helps to build team morale. I love seeing everyone call each other out for the great work their doing, and I think that kind of feedback makes people work harder. Sometimes teams can be a very segmented. With kudos, you can easily see what other teams are working on, fostering an atmosphere of engagement and communication.

Pros: Your hard work turns into cold, hard, cash! I like that you can choose from kudos-branded or company-branded rewards! I like that you can choose to send your kudos privately or publicly. I like that you can endorse a kudos someone else has sent. I like that you get kudos on your birthday! I like that you can't send all your kudos to one person, forcing you to spread it out.

Cons: I wish unused kudos could roll over to the next month. I wish adding giphs to a post was easier. I wish that clicking the +K button actually added additional kudos. I wish there were more Canadian-specific Kudos rewards. I would like to get a reminder email towards the end of each month, reminding me to use up the last of my kudos.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/07
Mary B.
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/14

"Kudos for recognition"

Pros: Kudos made it easy to recognize great employee performance

Cons: I did have a problem and had to reinstall the software.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/14
Brian C.
Corporate Trainer
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"Easy to use with tons of support if you need it"

Comments: Kudos has been exceptional in bringing a higher level of employee recognition to our organization. It is already used much more often than previous recognition platforms we've attempted. People have been having fun with Kudos and it has been very warmly welcomed. Any of the problems we've had with Kudos has been easily rectified. I would definitely recommend Kudos to anybody looking for a recognition platform for their organization.

Pros: Kudos is a great platform for recognizing associates. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use, I was able to learn the platform quickly and easily with a minimal amount of support from Kudos. Anything that was difficult to learn was easily researched on Kudos' help pages. Even though I was able to learn the platform with a minimal amount of support, Kudos was there every step of the way with any help that I may need. The support was very responsive and if there was anything they needed to research and get back to me, I would have answers generally within 24-48 hours. The rep has been amazing in making sure I feel like I always have a connection to Kudos to quickly take care of any issues. The software is very easy to learn for our associates, it is set up similarly to other social media sites which help ease users into it. The rewards are also extremely easy to use with a very fast response, our associates love being able to cash in for a reward and get it nearly instantly.

Cons: The only problem we've had is likely just related to how our organization is set up. We would love a way to set a flag on certain individuals so that they can not receive points (such as setting our upper management to be unable to receive points, we want to save our point funds for the associates), but at the same time we want upper management to still receive Kudos. There are work-arounds for this, but it would be nice to have a simple flag you can set on certain users. I would also enjoy the ability to be able to customize the point values on the Thank you, Good Job, Impressive, and Exceptional Kudos; but again, this was very easy to work around.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/27
Samantha D.
Supply Team Agent
Consumer Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/05

"Super simple, smooth software that aides in motivating employees"

Comments: Kudos has assisted with providing a means of self motivation for the current employees. Once they see the prize they want, they are then motivation to go above and beyond at work with the hopes of receiving kudos. Employees often continue to give 110% until they get the item that they want. With the prizes being updated every so often it provides a means to continuously keep that 110% effort going. For example, an apple watch is quite an expensive piece, but through hard work and using kudos, you can obtain the expensive piece without having to come out of pocket. When employees are learning a new program or software that can be frustrating, using the kudos system keeps everyone going. This has overall been very beneficial for the employees.

Pros: I find that this software is an excellent way to provide feedback to other team members. It allows for company wide praises and gives users the chance to accumulate enough points (kudos) to get awesome prizes. This is definitely a great software that I would recommend to just about any business looking for a way to motivate their employees.

Cons: I wouldn't say that there is anything I actually dislike about this software, but some recommendations would be to add more customization to the interface of the software. Customization and personalizing is very important in today's era of technology. Allowing users to change the color of the background, text, borders etc., include GIFs (example: firework GIFs) and a variety of stickers that can be used to personalize the message being sent. The technological era we are in, already makes most interactions extremely impersonal. If you can customize the message being sent it makes it slightly more personal interaction.

Jeannette L.
Administrative Assistant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Kudos, a fun way to interact with your coworkers!"

Comments: La Petite Baleen has 4 different swim schools in the Bay Area. We have so much going on in our company. In previous years we have sent emails to spread LPB news to over 300 staff. This became quite annoying when you get a thread of 50+ email replies. Kudos allows everyone in our LPB family to stay in the know of what is new. We use this software to display staff promotions, birthdays, anniversaries, new hires, etc. It's also a way to acknowledge our staff for all they do. Showing our gratitude by posting a thank you note or giving them Kudos. Overall, I think of Kudos as a private Facebook that is used within our company. We use it on a daily and it has been a success!

Pros: This software has so many great factors in it. However, what I enjoy the most is redeeming my Kudos. Not only are we thanked for the extra help we provide our company. We are also given Kudos credit, which can be used at a wide selection of stores. You can spoil yourself by purchasing just about anything you want.

Cons: There are a few small features that can be improved. Being able to customize our personal profile page by adding wallpaper or background color. Adding more options to posts and comments. Such as font styles, font sizes, and a bigger variety of sticker options.

Aleksandr M.
Director of Client Partnerships
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/06

"Thumbs Up"

Comments: Very positive experience.

Pros: Kudos is a great platform for sharing accolades and praise with colleagues and teammates. We've used it to manage incentive programs, wellness initiatives, and re-enforce our organization's values. It's improved morale and become a staple of our culture.

Cons: The platform could have more built in social features - such as the ability to post pictures as comments, gifs, etc. Also, we used to be able to give K+ points from an individual's bank of Kudos they had received - this feature has vanished after an upgrade, and now Kudos are given with no points once a teammate has run out. The ability to give from your own awards really increased the meaning of those thoughtful thank-you(s). Also the Slack integration is clunky and confusing.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/06
Guada G.
Recruitment Operations Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/28

"Great tool to recognise and motivate your team"

Comments: Good tool to increase visibility among peer recognition, provide different layers of recognition for different jobs difficulties done, also allows company visibility at a team and individual level.

Pros: Easy to use tool that not only adds value to recognition at different levels, from a thank you all the way to an exceptional achievement, but also allows everyone in the company to be recognising, and to be recognised, at the same level. My team is a big fan of this tool, it encourages them to share feedback and recognise people around them, bringing visibility we might not have otherwise, as some of this recognition is so quick or specific it might be unnoticed if we didn't have this platform.

Cons: With the team being based in EMEA, at some points it's been a challenge to have flexibility in terms of rewards, in comparison with our peers in the US. However, over the past couple of years, we've not only seen a broader offer of local benefits, but the team have also shared some best practices that allow us to make the best use of our kudos.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/28
Fatima S.
Consultant: Global Talent Solutions
Telecommunications, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/15

"Exceptional Kudo's need to be given to the Kudo's team for this software!"

Comments: I love the ability to recognise people immediately, to be recognised myself and to redeem rewards that apply to me, as and when I need them.

Pros: Ever since I started using Kudos, I have been recommending it to everyone I know in HR at other companies, for very simple reasons- it makes recognition instant and easy, the value attached to the recognition in terms of rewards offered is employee centric, and it can be used on-the-go if you download the app. I am thoroughly impressed by the overall product and love that I can view not only my recognition, and the recognition I give others, but also the recognition received by others! It's an important tool in identifying those gems within the organization who go above and beyond, and it helps in understanding what the strengths of our people are- if we recognise people by including a category of recognition. We are also allowed to vet the kudo's given by someone to someone else. I love that I can still give recognition to others even if I have not been part of the reason for the recognition, but if I know that the receiver is a person who regularly behaves in the manner being recognised for!

Cons: In terms of the app- I think it can be made to be a bit more intuitive. I don't have a lot of criticism here as I truly do love the kudo's software- I just think the app could be spruced up a bit.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/15
Tiffany D.
Staff
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/25

"Very Pleased Kudos User"

Comments: I really enjoy Kudos. I enjoy receiving Kudos as well as rewarding hard working coworkers with Kudos points. Recently, there was an issue with my Kudos e-gift card not being sent to me electronically. I reached out to Kudos support team, and the issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. That is 5 star customer service. I would recommend Kudos to every business, company, and friend.

Pros: I like the software because it is easy to use. The idea behind Kudos is also original and it makes work a little more exciting to be rewarded for hard work.

Cons: I cannot think of a single con with the Kudos software.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/25
Janell J.
First Impression Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/06

"Keeps Our Company Connected"

Comments: We have a mostly remote team that loves to give Kudos to each other! This is a software that I believe firmly ties in to our culture and helps strengthen our core values! We give so much Kudos, it's crazy! I love the team, the customer service and the fact that everyone can spend their kudos on what they love.

Pros: It allows our people to stay connected and recognize each other real time while giving them the ability to cash in their points at stores that they love!

Cons: I wish the stickers would get updated more frequently, as none have changed or been added for at least 2 years.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/06
Angela S.
PAW
Retail, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/13

"Great incentive"

Comments: It's been fun- you get shout outs and you get the chance to connect with other people in the company you normally wouldn't get the opportunity to. I also love whenever there is a contest for prizes on Kudos or just Kudos themselves- it always makes my team and the whole company want to be the best they can be.

Pros: Its a great incentive program for employees to just do their daily tasks- with Kudos a lot of people go above and beyond for the chance at redeeming new items and receiving new awards.

Cons: No complaints! Kudos is a great program

• Reviewed on 2019/09/13
Ashley R.
Help Desk
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Great Way to Express Gratitude"

Comments: I use this within my office to give kudos to my coworkers who do a good job, are helpful, show teamwork, and general friendliness. We all use it and enjoy being able to use it. It is nice that you can do something good for someone and they can recognize you on a platform that the owners see. It is also nice that there is a reward aspect with it too. This is the first time I have had the ability to use Kudos and I think it is a wonderful way for everyone to work their hardest and for people to show their gratitude for that hard work.

Pros: I like the ease of use, the ability to determine how much you can give, and the new options for redeeming rewards. It is nice that you can make it visible to everyone or not. Sometimes you want everyone to know that you were assisted by someone and you are giving them kudos.

Cons: I wish there was more options for emojis and stickers. Everything has updated except for this aspect.

Hashmatullah A.
Manager-Back Office
Telecommunications, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/17

"Customer feedback"

Comments: It is a great source for the recognition and to value the work of employees

Pros: Easy use of this software and everyone within the company has the access to recognize the great efforts

Cons: Nothing special that is not likeable, its a great software for employee recognition

• Reviewed on 2019/10/17
Nomzamo M.
Graduate in Training (CVM Operations)
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"MTN Shine Rewards"

Comments: Kudos is an amazing platform to recognize colleagues and be recognized by colleagues. The overall experience has been great, especially because claiming or redeeming my points has become easy and innovative. It is no longer the long, manual process it used to be.

Pros: -It is very easy to use.
-It allows one to have a view of all the rewards they qualify for.
-With just one click, my reward is redeemed.

Cons: -It does not have an option to redeem all my points with whatever money I qualify for. The money is fixed into specific amounts. So if I have points below or slightly above the stipulated amounts, i am not able to redeem those points via Mobile Money.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/02
Lisa P.
Training Manager
Entertainment, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/14

"From start to now Kudos Staff has been great! They are always willing to help with anything I ask ."

Comments: It really changed our culture! It made a 500 team member property feel more like a friendly neighborhood. It also made it easier to put names with faces. Before Kudos, our management team was not in the habit of thanking or recognizing the achievements of our team, now, they are reaping the benefits of giving recognition.

Pros: It is so user friendly! I don't have much user error with my team because of that. We like that it is real time so no matter where I am on the property, I can thank one of my 500 team members on the spot.

Cons: I would like the "Pages" column to have more features and the ability to change the heading. I would like to have gif's available.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/14
Queen A.
CARE Representative
Telecommunications, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Importance of Kudos"

Comments: Its wonderful and it brightens the day of the receiver .

Pros: From my understanding, kudos is an appreciative platform . In this light , we have the possibility to assign points and appreciate any help given us by our colleagues .
I like kudos for that very fact of its appreciative tendencies .
I equally like kudos because its easy to go about it .
More so the look and feel is quite good.
I really do appreciate kudos for the fact that it shares very important things about people such as birthdays and can help you remember a colleague's birthday thereby making a gesture.
I could go on and on but I think this and more makes me love kudos software.

Cons: One of the things I dont like about kudos is the fact that not everyone's name is there .
Secondly, the points are limited. Meaning if I need to give 10 impressive kudos to 10 people in a week my kudos would finish without me getting the chance to appreciate others.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Chelsea F.
Colorist
Consumer Goods, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/26

"Kudos = Smiles"

Comments: It's the little things that make me happy and kudos is one of those little things. <3

Pros: Kudos is definitely always a crowd pleaser. It always tickles my heart when I find kudos has been left for me or I do the same for someone else. It's the little things that give those awesome nuggets of happiness. Kudos does that for me!

Cons: Not enough kudos to give. I want an infinite amount to give away. Jk!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/26
Elizabeth H.
Email Rep
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/22

"Love Kudos"

Comments: Honestly, when giving out Kudos it's like receiving cash for a job well done. Having the ablity to give out to my fellow peers and the faces they have when they receive Kudos is priceless. The experience has been overall GREAT!

Pros: It's easy to use, especially for the older generation. Everything can be found right off the back.

Cons: Nothing that I least like about it, as it's a great too overall.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/22
Neria ntombohlanga Y.
Csr
Consumer Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/19

"Great App"

Comments: Great it creates a great vibe at work

Pros: It’s very user friendly easy to log in as well

Cons: At first I had issues logging on due to forgetting my password but it since changed to using one password

• Reviewed on 2019/09/19
Shoshana R.
Supply chain liaison
Consumer Goods, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/03

"Kudos"

Comments: Overall all I love the concept of being able to reward my coworkers for a job well done. Kudos makes it fun and easy.

Pros: I like that I am able to reward my co-workers for a job well done. Also I enjoy reading what the the reasons other user received Kudos and interacting with them in the comments.

Cons: I would like the options to choose exactly how many Kudos to give not just 5, 10, 50 and so on. Additionally the user interface could be more user friendly. I found it hard to navigate the site at first and had to ask for assistance to locate the rewards.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/03
Amanda R.
Documents Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"Great Stuff!"

Comments: I quite enjoy using this site to provide people from my company recognition.

Pros: You are able to see and congratulate coworkers on years worked in our company.
It is very user friendly.
You are able to provide higher points for extra or above-and-beyond work.
You get a detailed email when you receive a Kudos from a colleague.
You are able to view coworkers profiles to learn more about them.

Cons: How the home page always defaults to "All Company" instead of "My Location". I feel it would be more beneficial if it was automatically set to "My Location" as we have 7 different companies using this site.
You are unable to "Like" a Kudos message sent, only a comment on a Kudos message.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/07
Patrick G.
Principle Technology Advisor
Information Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/30

"Kudos to Kudos"

Comments: We use Kudos as part of our annual review process, as a way of giving out quarterly awards (top 5 receivers get Amazon gift cards), and as a way to recognize coworkers who are doing an excellent job. It's light weight and easy to use, and generally a good way to just say "thanks" to the people you work with.

Pros: It provides an easy way to thank coworkers and recognize outstanding work in a public way, from groundswell, not from whoever the "boss happens to like".

Cons: Our implementation at least is not tied to any rewards, so we have had to supplement a way to "spend" our Kudos.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/30