• Overall
    4,7 /5

About 7shifts

7shifts is designed to simplify labor management, one shift at a time. Start your free 60-day trial today!

Learn more about 7shifts

Mahmud U.
Founder and Owner
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/12

"All in one"

Comments: Great customer service, easy to use

Pros: We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience. User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

Cons: I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

by 7shifts on 2021/02/03

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/12
Sarah P.
Manger

"Longtime user"

Comments: Absolutely great! If you have any issues they help you out right away. Plus they are always evolving and take their customers suggestions and implement them.

Pros: Very easy to use. Lots of integration options and they are continually adding more. Easy for staff to use!

Cons: Not everything you need to do is on the mobile app or sometimes hard to find.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/05

Thanks for the kind words Sarah! We are humbled by your feedback, and happy to hear you have found a lot of value in our platform once you made the switch from Hot Schedules. Keep an eye out for even more great functionality being added soon.

Also, I'm going to have a member of our mobile team reach out to you in order to hear about your ideas for improving our mobile apps to better suit you.

Chef steven P.
Owner / Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/14

"Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers"

Comments: I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros: - Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons: As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/15

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/14
Ann P.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/04

"Literally changed my life"

Comments: 7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros: How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues.
Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons: Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us.
the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/05

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/04
Arpita O.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/18

"Excellent scheduling software!"

Comments: I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule! It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Pros: No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Cons: There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

by 7shifts on 2018/10/01

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

• Reviewed on 2018/08/18
Christian H.
Operations Manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/24

"7Shifts Review"

Comments: Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Pros: Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

Cons: We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one. Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

by 7shifts on 2020/10/19

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2020/09/24
Jayelynn W.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/05

"Helpful and Easy to Use"

Comments: Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

Pros: You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Cons: Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

by 7shifts on 2019/09/06

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Ginger W.
manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/12

"works well for what it does do."

Comments: It works well for what it does, but a few small things would make a big difference.

Pros: It is pretty easy to use. I like that it has staff ph.#'s and you can call or text through app without having to create a contact in personal account. as long as a staff member is in our employ, we have the important info in an easy to find format. It is easy to request time off and switch shifts through the app as well.

Cons: If someone wants to trade shifts, we have to scroll through all their shifts to see if they are going to go into overtime. It does give you a general hour count, but it is hardly ever accurate as sometimes staff get sent home early, and of course the app wouldn't know that. For me it would be great if you could tap someones name and it would show all their shifts in one place, and you wouldn't have to check every day to know whether or not to approve a change, like you wouldn't want to approve a 3rd double shift in a row, but without double checking every day, you don't know exactly what shifts a staff member has or will work.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Thanks for the great, detailed review Ginger! We really appreciate your feedback and I've passed this along to our development team.

Tina T.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden"

Comments: It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

Pros: I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

Cons: My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/20

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Shannon S.
Chef/owner
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Excellent tool that goes far beyond scheduling."

Comments: 7shifts ties together many organizational tools that has improved communication in our restaurant immensely. We make fewer scheduling errors, our staff can easily contact managers and coworkers through the messaging feature, amendments to the schedule keep everyone in the loop with notifications and the manager log book helps us stay on top of issues and address them quickly and effectively. I originally decided to try the software because I thought it would save time and keep our BOH and FOH schedules cohesive. It pays for the time it saves and adds much more value with all of the additional features. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!

Pros: Our supervisors use the manager logbook and it has been extremely helpful in keeping everyone up to speed on daily operations, issues and ideas. We act much quicker when addressing problems with staff and maintenance, and reduce the distortion of facts when compared to transferring information along a chain of conversations. This is a valuable feature not to be overlooked.

Cons: Some of our staff members have been experiencing freezing and glitching in the app. Some staff are resistant to change and there was a lengthy transition time to get everyone on board. Now that it’s in place almost every new employee loves the interface and is eager to sign up.

by 7shifts on 2018/11/02

Amazing! Thanks so much for the fantastic, detailed review Shannon. We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is providing your team with so much value. We looking forward to making 7shifts even more indispensable in the future :)

• Reviewed on 2018/10/30
Leigh G.
General manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/03

"Helpful and always updating"

Comments: Great all around. Saved money with time clocking.

Pros: Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to group and reach staff through categories.

Cons: I would like to be able to access my employees contact information even after they are terminated (seasonally) without having to re-activate them.
I would also like the ability to post an individual’s schedule without posting everyone’s after the schedule is made but not posted yet.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/05

Thanks for the review Leigh! We love your suggestions on how we can improve our scheduler and I have shared that feedback with our product team. Thanks for being a 7shifts user :)

Arthur J.
Chef
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/09

"Empowering Staff Through Scheduling"

Comments: I started off with 7 shifts as a way of creating a simple digital schedule for my remote production facility staff that also executed offsite markets and events. Later, 7 shifts empowered me to take over the manual scheduling system that was in place at my full service Pub location which empowered my staff to be able to take control of their scheduling needs at their convenience.

Pros: Cloud based desktop and mobile app interface that empowers staff to build and maintain schedule and to be able to communicate with each other about scheduling needs and events.

Cons: there is not anything significant that I like least about the software to note.

by 7shifts on 2019/05/10

Thanks so much for the review Arthur! We really appreciate the feedback of long-time users like yourself and we are genuinely excited to hear about the empowerment that 7shifts provides to your staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to ensure that 7shifts remains your top choice for scheduling and communication.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/09
Keith G.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/24

"Great overall product for performance"

Comments: We have had a great experience overall. It has saved us so much time with their algorithm for scheduling, their ability to forecast given last years data (from the POS integration), and built in communication for messaging both general and specific (private messenger). We are still discovering tools and features that we utilize as we grow into new areas of our business, or try and mitigate regular issues more efficiently.

Pros: The integration with our P.O.S. system, Touch Bistro. Multiple user accessibility and role designation to limit or facilitate user responsibilities.

Cons: There are some basic features that are overlooked or harder to access. Customer support is very mindful of suggestions and typically works to add features for functionality as multiple organizations voice feedback. Customer service is kind and helpful. I imagine they do more with less so patience is required during supportive interactions.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/26

Thanks so much for the review Keith! We appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that our integration with your TouchBistro POS has been beneficial to 7 Hills Brewing. Also, thanks for the feedback regarding our support team. We will be growing this team substantially over the coming months and will be looking forward to exceeding your expectations!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/24
Craig S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/12

"The Local American Saloon Restaurant"

Comments: Seamless! It will save you time and money! Seeing sales and labor is great also

Pros: 7 shifts is the best scheduling app by far.

Cons: That there is nothing better out there available

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Wow! Thanks for the high praise Craig. We love hearing that 7shifts is the best there is for your team.

Thomas K.
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"The best restaurant scheduling software"

Pros: 7shifts is great, it is intuitive and easy to use! We use it for 4 different restaurants and all my managers and my employees love it. It is really easy to set up and to build schedules. You can look at your schedules several different ways, and you can also see estimated labor costs.
But the best part is the way it interacts with employees. There is a FREE app and they can see their schedule as well as request shift trades.
We used two different apps before 7 shifts including Hot Schedules and they do not even compare in terms of ease of use and functionality

Cons: Honestly, there is not much I don't like about 7 shifts. Whenever we have had a problem their support has been great and resolved it quickly.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/23
Kristen W.
District Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/03

"Easy to use"

Comments: We're happy with the main functions of 7shifts and overall it has simplified our scheduling process!

Pros: The best part about 7shifts is that any time I have a question, I write a quick message in the pop-up chat located in the bottom right corner, and someone gets back to me within a few minutes. This program easily tracks employees availability and vacations. It has some great key features, and is easy to use.

Cons: It would be great if when scheduling, you can view the day and have a simple button to view the next day. Instead, you have to close the pop-up window, and select the next day separately. Additionally, it would be better if there was a way to input start and end time by clicking and dragging instead of manually entering each start and end time.

by 7shifts on 2018/10/09

Thanks for the review Kristen!. We've happy to hear that our client success team always is there to support you and your team. Also, thanks for the great product suggestions ¿ I've pass those along to our team. Cheers! :)

• Reviewed on 2018/10/03
Kurt O.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/23

"A great value"

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. 7 Shifts has allowed me to save several hours a week and be a more effective personnel manager.

Pros: 7 Shifts allows me to take a much more strategic approach to scheduling. Before 7 shifts, I managed my schedule manually and most of my mental energy was spent creating the scheduling template and organizing my employee's scheduling requests. With 7 shifts, the template is already created and the employees are in charge of managing their own requests. The end result, I can spend my time scheduling my employees strategically to best meet my anticipated demand at the greatest value.

Cons: The software is such an improvement as compared to what I was dong that I really can't find any faults.

by 7shifts on 2018/11/27

Thanks for the review Kurt! We love hearing that 7shifts has helped shift your approach to more "strategic" scheduling and sharing of responsibility between you and your staff. We can't wait to continue to work with you for years to come.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/23
Dave N.
Gen Mgr
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"Not Just For Restaurants!"

Comments: Absolute time saver! I used to do scheduling on Excel, with sheets spread out in front of me, taking 3-4 hours on average for a week. With 7shifts, I can crank a week out in 10-20 minutes!

Pros: I love that I can divide staff into areas of our shop related to their knowledge and abilities. I also like the ability to block off dates for time-off requests and set a 2-week advance minimum to request time-off. Also, employees can offer-up their shifts and employees can grab their shift with my approval.

Cons: Software won't run on Win-XP (yes, we still have a couple in our network)

by 7shifts on 2020/11/06

Thanks for the review Dave! While we do primarily work for restaurants, I'm super happy to hear the 7shifts is working for your business and is streamlining availability for your team. Cheers!

Donaldo P.
Second manager

"Best app ever"

Comments: Great!

Pros: This is so usefull while you have to make schedules, reports and have a logbook about your workplace. It is also so intuitive and by the price, it is a great option.

Cons: I think it is kind of heavy at the time you have to download it.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Thanks SO much for the review Donaldo! We love seeing folks who see value in advanced labor management coupled with your POS.

Amanda H.
GM
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"A simple tool to make life easier for the entire team, everyday."

Comments: The company has made many great improvements over the years and I plan to continue using the software!

Pros: Our entire team loves 7shifts and it's ease of use! Great for management and simplifies schedule changes. It also holds people accountable with reminders, shift alerts, and more. Great and easy to use. It would be great if it integrated with our POS without an additional fee.

Cons: Additional charges for basic features like integration with TOAST.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/06

Thanks for the review Amanda! We love hearing that your entire team loves 7shifts and you will be continuing to use it as your business grows. I will have a member of our team reach out to you to see what we can do in order to mitigate the integration fees that Toast charges for integrating with 7shifts. Cheers!

Shari G.
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/10

"Axels Bonfire"

Comments: This has been a great tool for all of our locations.

Pros: Very user friendly
Messaging tool
Manager log book/layout
Ability to manage labor by projections/wages etc

Cons: The times updates are made. They are made during normal business hours when we are most active.

by 7shifts on 2019/07/11

Thanks for the review Shari! Point taken about the updates I'm sent your feedback to our product team so they can be more conscious about the times in which we make updates to the app. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/10
Elena C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/15

"Easy to use, Staff loves it. Happy Staff = Win Win"

Comments: Saves me time from using excel documents to post the schedule

Pros: The concept of the scheduling software is fantastic. It's very user friendly. It saves so much time with managing the employees time off, shift changes etc. Anyone in the restaurant industry looking for a quick fix for making their schedules, this is it!

Cons: Have had some issues with the app. They keep updating it which is a plus! You should be able to not put in a time under events for all day events. It should not automatically default to 12am. Different Managers should be able to have their own default schedule that it automatically goes to.

by 7shifts on 2017/06/16

Thanks for the review Elena! We love the whole Binga's team and are excited to continue working with you :)

• Reviewed on 2017/06/15
Chelsey N.
Pastry Chef
Food Production, 11-50 Employees

"Very useful program"

Pros: This app is a must for any business. We use it daily for scheduling, time clocking, and when it comes to payroll. It also allows us to keep track of requested time off for employees. The app is very easy to use and makes quick work of any task.

Cons: The only problem I have with the app is the inability to alter time punches for my employees. I have to open a web browser to do that, it would be convenient if I could use the app for that as well.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/13

Thanks for the review Chelsey! Hearing that 7shifts is "must" for businesses makes our day. I have passed along your feedback regarding altering time punches on mobile to our development team :)

Kevin T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"Very easy to use and communicate"

Comments: Overall experience was very useful and time saving. The staff found it easy to communicate with others, and also to trade out or cover each other’s shifts. We will continue to use 7 shifts in the future.

Pros: The ease of scheduling with the interface gave me an excellent overview. Adding new employees and getting them connected and receiving updates was extremely user friendly

Cons: Their really isn’t a whole lot negative to say based on how 7 shifts was used in our restaurant. I will say the weather feature wasn’t very accurate at all.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/13

Wow, thanks for the great review Kevin! We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is simple to use and user-friendly for your team.

Ella C.

"Best Communication Tool!"

Comments: I havent had any issues with the system but I probably could use more of the analytics.

Pros: Easy to use! Best way for my managers to communicate.

Cons: It needs to have an ability to share videos. Also, an employee accessible folder that I can store things like an Employee handbook and policy and procedure references.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Thanks for the review Ella! You are in for a treat with some of our improvements coming VERY soon to messaging in order to send and receive videos :)