• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5

About Pingboard

Pingboard is an org chart with superpowers. It is the place for everything you need to know about the people you work with.

Learn more about Pingboard

Kara S.
Office Managet
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/06

"Great Product"

Comments: With being such a small company, I feel that we are not in a great need to keep paying the monthly fee at this time.

Pros: What I like most about Pingboard is how you can have just the amount of information needed in the company org chart without getting too descriptive. I also love that it flows down to show each department and who is in it and what they do and which department is in need of hiring new employees. This is a great asset to have in the company profile!

Cons: Being new to this software, I haven't run into any issues yet, but from what I can see, I don't think there will be anything major. But as for pricing, I feel the $99 a month is a little too pricey.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/06
People Operations Associate
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Favorite Org Chart Software"

Pros: I love that it's such an intuitive product. As new hire start, you assign their manager and they get added to the system. I also LOVE the reporting tool. We use it often when we need an accurate headcount of active employees and their emails. It's so quick, and so easy to use. The UX/UI is also beautiful. Pingboard is the standard that we hold all org charts to. I also LOVE the weekly emails. Our employees really reference them, especially for new hires, knowing birthdays and anniversaries. The Out of Office integration is so great. It feeds over automatically to our Google Calendars.

Cons: I wish that you had a help line that we can call. We have to submit a inquiry whenever we have questions. Response time is still great. We typically get a response within 24 hours, but would love for a line to call directly. There aren't different levels of admin privileges. For example: if our IT team were admins. they can log in and see all the information, so we have to limit them, and only keep the admin rights with our HR team. Also the "Remote" feature of the OOO calendars was really confusing for our recruiting team, as they're heavily reliant on our G-Cal, and the remote feature does not show up when the person's calendar is set to private. This has caused our team to schedule several interviews for directors and employees who are working from home.

Simal I.
Senior Staff Software Engineer
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/27

"Great way to view your org"

Comments: I can quickly access more information (especially report chain and out of status) about my colleagues. Our organization is making an effort to make sure Pingboard is used widely; I hope it becomes better in that aspect.

Pros: 1. The org chart visualization is absolutely great and considering how fast it loads, I love referring back to it all the time.
2. Integration with Google Calendar is great! Single place to provide your Out of Office status and you're done!

Cons: 1. "Out of Office" option is a bit hidden, I wish there was a way to set an out of status state from my profile page itself; instead of going to the overall "Out of office" page.
2. It sometimes takes a while to see the title/report structure changes on Pingboard but I doubt this is related to Pingboard itself but more like how the data is fed into it.

IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Pingboard Loades with Amazing Features"

Pros: Pingboard is so simple to use for both admins and end-users. They make regular improvements to help integrate with other apps, to the org char user interface, and to the overall feel of the product. It feels like their engineering team is really on top of things, we've had very few issues with the software.

Cons: As much as we love the product it is priced a little high. I would love to see more integrations with HRIS systems and other tools for the price asked for. At the end of the day it's the perfect team directory! Their API is awesome and easy to use which has helped me get around the lack of integrations with a few other products we use.

Business Analyst

"Honestly Helpful"

Comments: It's so much easier to find out more about my coworkers. A lot of us work remotely from home or in different offices around the country and this helps us learn more about our team and know where we all are at any given time.

Pros: It makes finding info about unknown or new coworkers super easy. I can share what I know about the company, information about myself and when I'm going to be out of the office.

Cons: The software is only as helpful as the information that's put into it. Coworkers that I was on the same teams with were appearing on a different team in the system because they had a different name they had entered.

Sales Development Representative
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

"Pingboard Review"

Comments: The benefits of quick access to team names brings credibility in a company of hundreds.

Pros: I do enjoy with multiple teams within my startup I have the ease of finding departments in levels of tiers. Quick info on the fly is important with our clientelle so the user friendly interface keeps me pleased.

Cons: Sometimes the software doesn't update properly. With such a high turnover, it's important to have all employees up to date. A few embarrassing situations I'm sure are controllable on our end.

Lauren C.
EA
Capital Markets, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Great for growing teams"

Comments: More helpful than expected to have a visual rep

Pros: Color coding is helpful
Search/ autofill is accurate
Love that it's expandable or can hide what you don't need

Cons: When you have a lot of departments the tree gets so wide and doesn't fit on the page. Should have a different orientation option so it could flow sideways

Alvaro R.
POD retrieval
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/19

"Is like facebook but for your company."

Comments: I work on a company with 3 different locations (mine is overseas) since I won't be personally dealing with my coworkers, I like being able to know a bit of them before calling.

Pros: I like how user friendly the interface is. It has this facebook vibe where you can find any coworker's contact info, picture and birthday. Also being able to see an employee, and the people above and below him is pretty useful.

Cons: Not really big complain, am not sure if it is my computer but I would like some sort of "remember login account" type of thing where you don't have to enter your email and password to get in but instead it auto-opens it.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/19
Lauren E.
Office Assistant
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Good experience so far!"

Pros: I love that we are able to keep track of our employees and the information we need to care for them well. If employees use the features, we are actually able to see who is in the office, work anniversaries, birthdays, etc. - it's great! I also appreciate the Org. Chart feature as well, as this is how we visualize the structure of our company, and it is easy to edit.

Cons: I wish there were even more reports that could be run to see who is sick, working from home, on vacation, etc. and how often they are doing this. But overall, I love the software.

Jessica C.
IT Support Specialit
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/29

"Review of Pingboard"

Comments: This is the first Org Chart software I have used, but it is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros: I like that you can easily access information about employees, what team they are on and office they are located in. As an IT administrator, it is an easy tool to use while verifying employee data or finding their manager.

Cons: There is no seating chart feature. I think this would fill the missing piece for this product.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Customer Success Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/20

"Excellent Product"

Comments: We use this for an org chart, company directory and out of office calendar. It is very helpful to keep track of everything.

Pros: Very easy to use and the ability to integrate with other products

Cons: I am very happy using this product and have nothing negative to say

• Reviewed on 2018/11/20
Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/14

"2 thumbs up!"

Comments: I don't have to ask the team who reports to who OR what team they are on - I have these answers right at my fingertips and can find the answer quickly.

Pros: As a recruiter, it's hard to keep up with heavy growth in a company. I want to try to know all 600+ employees and Pingboard allows this. Whether I just want to learn their last name or many learn a little more about their background - Pingboard has you covered.

Cons: I wish all employees would fill out the bio but maybe it's because it's so general and people aren't sure what to write?

• Reviewed on 2018/12/14
Meg J.
HR
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees

"HR/Admin user feedback"

Comments: The team enjoys the platform and it is a great tool, we wish the admin portion was less laborious.

Pros: The software from an associate standpoint is easy to use and can navigate without much heavily lifting from the HR dept. We also like the ability to custom color code and give our space it's own feel.

Cons: From the admin perspective some of the reason changes made to edit the platform make the software cumbersome and not as user firendly. Changes take longer and training managers to make their team edits is quite an undertaking.

P Y.
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"Pingboard is easy, useful, and fun"

Pros: Pingboard is super easy to use and has a lot of useful features. I particularly love the notifications you can receive for your team or department and the summary email of who's out for the week or whose birthday is when or when someone started at your organization. It's helpful to know if the person you are pinging is on vacation and that's why they've ignored you for the last 3 hours! Ha
There's also a fun game of putting names to faces in the mobile app.

Cons: While it's super easy to use some of the UI seems outdated and sometimes difficult to read. This is particularly noticeable when using the org chart. We don't have a lot of employees but sometimes it can become overwhelming.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Kyle P.
accounting manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees

"Great product"

Pros: It is very easy to quickly see who is in/out of office, vacation, remote etc

Cons: I honestly can't think of anything that I would want changed about this software

Kareem A.
Product manager

"Very good & organized"

Pros: Easy and to the point. Helped a lot in time management and alignment

Cons: UI/UX are good, but I believe there’s still much space for enhancements

Corporate Recruiter / HR Assistant
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Easy to use, and makes a HUGE difference!"

Comments: We have a large office that you may not know everyone by name, but a small enough office that you still run into them often. Pingboard allows new and existing employees to get to know one another better, in an easy and efficient way.

Pros: This software is so easy to use, allows for many different organizational functions, ways of grouping, and creates a beautiful Org Chart.

Cons: So far, we have not had any issues. We upload easily, our employees have no issues updating their own profiles.

Associate Publicist
Publishing, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/01

"Facilitates understanding of company structure, specific teams, and employee information"

Comments: My company first started using Org Chart Software when we went through a complex merger and roles were restructured. Due to new reporting and managing systems, people were confused about who was on specific teams and where specific employees fit into the company. With a clear visual breakdown, it made the merger feel more transparent and understandable.

Pros: I love how easy it is to see different teams and reporting structures. The user-friendly interface allows our 100+ division to feel accessible and transparent. It's great to be able to click an employee profile and learn their current manager, profile, and tasks in real time.

Cons: It would be great to search for employees by their seniority (i.e. be able to break down a list of managers, directors, assistants, etc.) I think more filtering options would help with specific searches.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/01
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/04

"Helpful to find people you work with and learn about them"

Comments: It's been good to learn a few fun facts about my coworkers.

Pros: I like being able to quickly see which of my coworkers are out of office. It integrates with Slack as well, which is nice. The mobile app has a game for you to match faces with names, so that has been a great way to learn people's names!

Cons: The org chart can be nice but it can also get a little hairy when there are multiple members in a certain department.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/04
Louloua J.
QA Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/23

"Easy org chart software"

Pros: Easy to use, helps resolve awkward situations when you don't know someone in the company and cannot ask. Its also nice that there is a picture associated with the name and title.

Cons: Updating doesn't seem as straightforward when a title changes. Also would like some sort of plug-in with the email suite, so that the name and picture pops up in the address book along with title, when you email someone.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Diana A.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

Comments: Very easy to use in all formats ( pdf images etc)

Pros: The ease of use // and the ability to provide custom reporting

Cons: Can't really provide as everything on my end has been working! Perhaps more integration with HRIS platforms

Tara S.
Customer Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1 000 Employees

"Customer Manager"

Pros: The app is great and very helpful when out of the office for contacts. Or quickly looking up somebody when not at desk.

Cons: Org chat can be confusing with employees under others and not shown in the larger team.

Brandon H.
Sales Engineer

"Pingboard is great"

Pros: It's very easy for me to not only list when I'm away but also know when certain colleagues are so I can plan things around that. it's also great for getting to know your colleagues more as some you may never work with but that shouldn't be a barrier for getting to know them

Cons: I don't have anything bad to say at all, Pingboard really does an amazing job

QA Engineer
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: I could see what team under who and twam managment

Pros: I usually use the application from my phone. Easy to update and see all the updates. And the game option is awesome

Cons: I have nothing I don't like in the application

Human Resources Manager
Insurance, 201-500 Employees

"Quick, easy solution"

Pros: We purchased Pingboard so that we had a company directory (our company has been growing rapidly and employees felt they no longer knew each other); features I like include the emails with new hires and anniversaries - feedback has been really positive on this; the Org. Chart has been pretty good and even better since there have been updates - I like that they added where you could put dotted lines and departments in to better explain each branch. Price is also great!

Cons: I wish that the system had more functionality and other features, but it truly serves it's main purpose well. We don't have many additional software pieces in our world, so I think eventually a full-service HR system may replace what Pingboard resolves for us.