• Overall
    4,3 /5

About Zoho Creator

Zoho Creator is a low-code application development platform that helps you build a custom, mobile ready apps to run your business.

Learn more about Zoho Creator

Rose T.
IT Network Manager
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/14

"An Incredible Builder of Mobile Applications"

Comments: Zoho Creator has always been one of my top softwares because of its incredible capabilities and ease of use when making simple mobile applications.

Pros: With Zoho Creator, I do not need to have the best programming skills to build a mobile app. The process is not difficult at all. Zoho Creator is a great online platform that makes it easy to build simple but excellently-looking mobile applications. I like the ease of use of Zoho Creator.

Cons: Zoho Creator continues to be my favorite builder of mobile applications. The only con I have about it is the slow support team.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/14
Michael W.
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/25

"Extremely Versatile - Perhaps Too Versatile."

Comments: All in all, I would rate my experience as a 9 out of 10. Building basis databases and creating reports is very straightforward and by and large you can do a lot of things with their drag-and-drop interface quite easily. I do admit to not being very impressed with their support, and occasionally we've had issues with server uptime, but their pricing is fair and the tool is powerful. In spite of the shortcomings I have expressed, I still wouldn't hesitate to deploy Zoho again in another enterprise. It continues to drive our daily production schedule with hundreds of projects simultaneously in motion.

Pros: I ran a web development firm for nearly 20 years prior to moving into a different industry, so I knew the power of databases and the importance of them in day to day processes. Moving in to a startup with zero infrastructure, one of my first tasks was to get a production database going. We struggled along for awhile passing Excel spreadsheets back and forth for a few months and quickly outgrew that. I did not want to create a web app from scratch with mySQL. We didn't have the developers, time, or budget to do that. So, I started looking around for a tool that would let me do what I needed to do. Zoho Creator was a perfect match. To be honest, there's not much you can't do with this tool. It will probably handle 90% of what most mid-sized businesses need. It's totally customizable, and their Deluge programming language lets you do special things that most basic web-based drag-and-drop solutions wouldn't be able to handle. To be honest, Zoho is almost too powerful. It fits our needs and we've barely scratched the surface of its abilities.

Cons: The documentation for Zoho Creator is fair, but if you can't get your questions answered through their knowledge base, finding an expert isn't easy. Their support email is not too helpful. And while they do have a database of experienced Deluge developers that you can call on, it seems a little cumbersome to have to bring in a third party. Also, there are a couple of different versions of Zoho Creator currently in deployment. So, depending on which version your account is on, the documentation might differ - the features certainly do differ. It's a very very powerful product, but because it is a closed-source, proprietary solution, you're somewhat at the mercy of Zoho to get answers to your programming questions.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/25
Zach B.
Music Teacher/ Business Owner
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/10

"Happy User"

Comments: Tracking billing, services, expenses, and clients in one place has made zoho my one stop shop. Great customer service whenever I need it.

Pros: It is what you put into it. I'm happy with mobile access through the web and endless customization abilities.

Cons: Some time so many customizable options can be overwhelming. It's clean, but if you aren't in it regularly and they make a big backend design change... you may get lost really easy.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/10
Phill D.
Food Production
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/09

"Security flaw within Zoho Creator"

Pros: I've been using this app for a couple of years and a lot of my business is based around it. I would usually rave about how good it is

Cons: I have a data security issue with the app. The product claims that your user data is protected, but there is a flaw with the way the dropdown menu data is shared. Lets say you enter some data in one sheet, and want to use this data in another sheet via a dropdown menu. Not only is your data shown, but so is everyone else. This cannot be fixed by profiles / roles / filters etc. I am on the unlimited users plan and this is a serious flaw in the system for me. I have been unable to further develop my app for a month or so and take it to the next level for my business. I have communicated this with Zoho and they have acknowledged the issue and told me a developer can fix the problem. I have paid one of their certified developers to fix this for me - but he just took my money and hasn't been in touch for a month or so. I have made a formal complaint to Zoho about him, but he is still listed on their website as a certified and recommended developer. I have asked numerous times for help and have got no where. I am now just being passed from one unknown support person to the next. I am absolutely fed up. It seems that this issue could be solved in an hour or so, but I have now probably spent over 12 hours of my own time on it and still don't have a solution.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/09
Colin M.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/24

"Zoho Creator - Rapid App Development"

Comments: Mostly this has been used for prototyping and proof of concept for larger projects that end up being developed on other platforms. It's great value for what you get. If you are using other elements of the Zoho suite there are good integrations and Creator would be great for adding functionality for the likes of first-line workers in the organisation.

Pros: Zoho Creator is an application development tool sold as a stand-alone SaaS product or as part of the Zoho One Suite. Zoho Creator is a quick way to create applications without writing code. You can create forms, reports, pages and workflows largely through a drag-and-drop interface. There is a custom scripting language available for more complex requirements, but most users will be sticking to the no-code features. This is a good solution for collecting data on web forms and presenting it in meaningful reports. Completed apps can be embedded on websites or made available to users within or external to the organisation. Apps created are responsive and designed to display well on desktop, tablet or smartphone. Typical use cases are collecting data for surveys, tests and managing assets. With a bit of practice, you can create functional apps with triggers for email notifications and the like. Zoho Creator can be a good tool for agile teams to use for proof of concept for larger projects that may be developed further on other platforms.

Cons: Could be dangerous in the wrong hands - ease of use is a double-edged sword. You'll still want to retain control of these kinds of tools; it's easy for enthusiastic amateurs to get carried away!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/24
Chief Marketing Strategist
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/12

"Zoho Creator is an easy way to create data collection forms on the fly"

Comments: Zoho Creator is a quick way to create a web form for user submissions, for anything from an internal survey, to a work-related data collection form, or a web site submission form from customers.

Pros: A user can get up and running with Zoho Creator within about ten minutes. It is very intuitive and requires very little set-up. Any time I need to collect data, Zoho is my go-to app for form creation, and it is easy to distribute the forms securely using a link, a password, or to embed it in another site. Zoho has great customizable workflows if you are able to handle minimal programming.

Cons: The user interface is very basic and could probably use an update to modernize a bit. It would also be nice if the front-end interface could be more highly customized. I use Zoho Creator mostly to create forms that I'm sending to people who don't require something super pretty with lots of graphic design. If i needed a visually compelling form, Zoho would not be my choice because it isn't rich in those features.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/12
Debra H.
Architecture & Planning, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/03

"Great product at a great price"

Comments: I use this relational database to manage over 600 architectural licenses and association memberships. One database contains all of the licenses for 100 architects for all fifty states plus several Canadian provinces. The other database contains the continuing education (CE)requirements for each jurisdiction. The reports and query modules are used to alert me to expiration dates and how many CE credits that licensee needs before renewing. States and provinces may impose heavy penalties if the licensee does not have the required credits, or renews late.

Pros: Flexibility: I can add and modify fields and drop lists, create and modify reports and queries, perform bulk edits.

Cons: While backing up the data, it does not tell me when it's done. Sometimes it's done but the status is still "backing up." Usually refreshing the page helps.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/03
Paul S.
Service Provider Manager
Management Consulting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/07

"Great software. If you need customization, you need to try it."

Comments: Was less costly than our previous software solution with more customization as long as we were willing and able to learn how to use Zoho to its full potential.

Pros: The software is easy to pick up and build simple applications or customize pre-made application to suit your needs. But also you can build some complex applications, don't be fooled. We use the software daily in a large corporate environment for various tasks such as a sales lead contact directory by modifying a pre-made application and also we built a ground-up application for a service ticketing system/workflow management.

Cons: What could use improving is the documentation for the more complex functions when building an application. There is lots of help, but sometimes for the more complex tasks I am doing it may take a few days to find what I need. But I will say that there is much more documentation and also help videos than in the past.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/07
Kartheeban C.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/18

"Simply the best in the market. You can build 90% of all internal apps using Zoho Creator"

Comments: We were able to scale quickly because of Zoho Creator.

Pros: 1. Simple drag and drop feature.
2. Less code. If you are a first timer, You can build an app just by exploring the platform for 15 mins
3. Takes less than 10 mins to build an app.
4. Complex apps too can be built on this platform.
5. Very user-friendly

Cons: 1. I do not see much fault with this.
2. When requirements get tricky, you need a person who is good at logical thinking and problem solving to handle those requirements.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/18
Pratik K.
Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/29

"Truly an Operating System for Business"

Comments: My overall experience of working on logo to develop application was excellent. I have no plans of switching to another technology/platform.

Pros: As the zoho tagline said, Operating system for business. It is truly an amazing platform to run your business with ease. Being able to solve the clients business problems and helping them build an app with zoho platform is really an amazing experience.

Cons: If you are not a programmer then you need to hire a certified developer. That's all it takes and you are on you way to successful business app.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/29
Nicole G.
Personal Assistant/Administration/Accounts Administration
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"Far outweighs its competitors"

Pros: I am amazed at what our IT guys have created using Zoho Creator, the fact that we had been struggling using a different program for so long is mind boggling when we could have had what we do now! I’m looking forward to expanding to other products and incorporating more tasks in the near future. It intergares with Xero to make invoicing a lot easier and saves hours of work!

Cons: See I can’t really fault it and anything that I’ve asked for has been implemented for me without much hassle at all. I can do my job faster so I cannot complain.

Froilan M.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/10

"Great Database"

Comments: I would rate it at 90 % of Satisfaction///

Pros: The programing is Very simple and it has what seemd endless functions that can be used to improve business communication and Logistics Operation...

Cons: That it is Slow at time of loading most of the time..

• Reviewed on 2019/01/10
Chief Operating Officer
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Decent application builder if you're working with ZohoCRM"

Pros: Integration with ZohoCRM is simple with Creator. Features are decent but I would suggest that you look into whether Creator meets your specific business needs as the templated solutions may not fit.

Cons: Exclusive use of Zoho's deluge language makes any troubleshooting a bit of a challenge since support is not 24/7. If Creator used a standard programming language, we could ask questions through stackoverflow or the general public who knows that language.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Logistics System Specialist
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/13

"With limited knowledge ofcoding languages Zoho creator is a great platform for beginners."

Comments: Rapid app development

Pros: Using deluge programming language was a lot easier than using any other programming language. We did not have to spend long time learning a new programming language

Cons: We found user interface design limited for what we needed out of the software however it had great API with Zoho CRM

• Reviewed on 2018/02/13
Steve S.
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/17

"The BEST Online database development platform bar none..."

Comments: We built solutions in days (NOT MONTHS) and had staff working on custom solutions in no time at all. The support is excellent and you can build a database for nearly anything you can think of in no time. Wow Wow Wow

Pros: Easy drag and drop form and table creator
Extensive reporting
Works on Web and Native apps
Very affordable

Cons: Interface was a bit older looking but they have just upgraded that...

• Reviewed on 2016/08/17
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 2014/04/12

"Be careful before choosing."

Comments: Building an application takes a tremendous amount of time to perfect and grow. Starting on the right application that will allow long-term development is critical. For a DIY database, Zoho Creator has features that I could not find with another option. Their customer service though, will have you asking for MUCH more. Several times I dealt with significant problems that left our organization crippled and got ZERO response or consideration from customer service. Every time the problem was with their servers or software. I could go WEEKS struggling with an issue and get no help from customer service. When your organization's core application is down, you do not want to be with Zoho Creator. After struggling with issues and no help from Zoho, I realized that my growing company had to leave Zoho Creator. I found an open-source CRM called Zurmo. You NEED to check Zurmo as an option. Being open source, you can install it, modify the source code and it's free! They also have a paid version where they provide support and premium options. We have spent the last couple months building our new application in Zurmo and we love it. Overall, it's taking much less time than starting in Zoho Creator. Best of all, we aren't at someone else's mercy if the application has an issue. We can fix everything we want and host our own database. Although it takes a little more know-how to start on Zurmo, it was probably just as easy as Zoho, because accomplishing some things in Zoho was overcomplicated.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Cost effective
- Dynamic customization

Cons: - Customer services sucks
- Might cripple your company operations with no solution
- You will eventually need to leave Zoho if your company continues to grow
- Can't use Javascript or customize themes
(use Zurmo instead)

• Reviewed on 2014/04/12
Nicholas T.
Independent Contract Attorney at Epiq Legal
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/23

"Perfect for In-House Custom Database Needs!"

Pros: User Interface design is pretty straightforward - drag and drop. The Deluge scripting language is really easy to pick up and a lot of the problems you'll need to solve have already been addressed with zoho-specific solutions.

Cons: You are absolutely locked into the interface design aspects for reports and input forms. Nothing is going to look pretty. Any kind of custom formatting is going to require some hacking and testing before you come up with a workable solution.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/23
Kevin H.
Market Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/01

"Super simple to start, then can get overwhelming!"

Comments: Needed a simple database to keep track of media inventory. I created something simple, which worked, but after a demo by a zoho expert I am upgrading the whole system through a zoho consultant. This system seems to be able to do anything (that's the overwhelming part) but if you do your business requirements and use cases carefully it is a great value.

Pros: Great value. Very simple to start, but super powerful if you need it to be.

Cons: Beyond the "simple" stuff, if you want to take advantage of all the power of the system you'll need assistance.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/01
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/23

"Great for Prototyping Application, Too Slow for Business Use"

Comments: I started using Zoho as a quick way to prototype an application. It took a few weeks to build an application that would have taken months in .Net and SQL. My customer loved the application and wanted to use the prototype right off the bat. The service generally runs fast, however in the afternoons here in the US, the service can grind to a halt. Form loading goes from seconds to minutes. These are serious problems that made me wish I had stuck to using Zoho strictly as a prototype.

Pros: Great interface, email and text integration.

Cons: 1) Speed is too slow for "real" business use.
2) On premise application is forever stuck in Beta, there is no choice but to use Zoho's slow servers.
3) URL and mobile app customization is not possible.

by Zoho Corp on 2015/11/24

Thank you for giving Zoho Creator a try. We believe the issue faced by you could be specific to your Zoho Creator application as we haven't had reports of latency from other users. The sluggishness experienced by you in accessing Creator Form especially during a certain time of the day is something that we would like to look into further.

Could you email form details of your Zoho Creator app to [email protected]/[email protected], please? The team over here would like to ascertain the reasons for the latency issue and revert with possible solutions, if any.

Ahmed
Zoho Creator

• Reviewed on 2015/11/23
Junior SQL/SAS Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"A basic way to make an app quickly."

Comments: ZohoCreator is definitely for someone who needs an app made and has no knowledge on how to do it the traditional way. But, personally, I prefer using a more traditional method.

Pros: ZohoCreator allows people to create apps without the knowledge that would otherwise take months to years to learn. It’s very flexible and easy to use!

Cons: The graphical interface has room for improvement. While it is certainly easier to make apps, It still requires the ability to use their scripting language, Deluge, for more customization.

Freelance Events Organizer
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/26

"Great but not easy"

Comments: I was using it to create app that helps in managing events, but it seems that my event complications is not easy to done in the app, it need an expert to do it instead of me.

Pros: It really flexible & has feature to create different apps with different functions, that serves nearly any business, and it has some templates that you can use or edit/add more features to, and it could be very useful for those who can use it, or have the patience to & time to learn/create the app.

Cons: It's not easy as I thought, although I'm good enough to self explore & learn such kind of software, but it needs time to build what you need.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/26
Scott F.
Operations
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/22

"Zoho Creator to build your own application within ZOHO"

Comments: ZOHO ONE, is the way to go if you are looking at the ZOHO Platform, saved us money.

Pros: I like the concept of being able to create an application within the ZOHO platform, the preset app's work great.

Cons: The implementation of the custom application is a little more complicated than creating the app. For what I was trying to do, I wasn't able to figure it out, but I do use some of the present apps regularly.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/22
Jacob F.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/06

"Customizable and easy to use when set up"

Comments: Good for someone that needs something very specific that they cannot find, but cannot afford a completely custom built solution.

Pros: You can customize it all, eliminated necessary components and making an easy to use work flow. Stable apps with easy to use interfaces

Cons: It is a bit time consuming to set up, but once you do it is really nice. Not as many features as lots of other similar non-customizable solutions.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Dan G.
Recruiter
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/16

"Easy to create your own Database"

Comments: The creator makes it easy via forms etc to add content into a database. They have themes to choose from and the option to build one from scratch.
It's easy to use once you get the hang of it. Basically, you can create your own CRM if you just want a good system to store information in.
The creator is fun to build in and easy to add cool features with ease.

Pros: Easy to create your own database without any knowledge or experience in doing a database before.

Cons: Took a little time to get used to but once there its easy to work in.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/16