• Overall
    4,3 /5

About Zoho Creator

Zoho Creator a low-code application development platform/software helps you build a custom, mobile ready apps to run your business.

Learn more about Zoho Creator

Rose T.
IT Network Manager
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/14

"An Incredible Builder of Mobile Applications"

Comments: Zoho Creator has always been one of my top softwares because of its incredible capabilities and ease of use when making simple mobile applications.

Pros: With Zoho Creator, I do not need to have the best programming skills to build a mobile app. The process is not difficult at all. Zoho Creator is a great online platform that makes it easy to build simple but excellently-looking mobile applications. I like the ease of use of Zoho Creator.

Cons: Zoho Creator continues to be my favorite builder of mobile applications. The only con I have about it is the slow support team.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/14
Phill D.
Food Production
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/09

"Security flaw within Zoho Creator"

Pros: I've been using this app for a couple of years and a lot of my business is based around it. I would usually rave about how good it is

Cons: I have a data security issue with the app. The product claims that your user data is protected, but there is a flaw with the way the dropdown menu data is shared. Lets say you enter some data in one sheet, and want to use this data in another sheet via a dropdown menu. Not only is your data shown, but so is everyone else. This cannot be fixed by profiles / roles / filters etc. I am on the unlimited users plan and this is a serious flaw in the system for me. I have been unable to further develop my app for a month or so and take it to the next level for my business. I have communicated this with Zoho and they have acknowledged the issue and told me a developer can fix the problem. I have paid one of their certified developers to fix this for me - but he just took my money and hasn't been in touch for a month or so. I have made a formal complaint to Zoho about him, but he is still listed on their website as a certified and recommended developer. I have asked numerous times for help and have got no where. I am now just being passed from one unknown support person to the next. I am absolutely fed up. It seems that this issue could be solved in an hour or so, but I have now probably spent over 12 hours of my own time on it and still don't have a solution.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/09
Zach B.
Music Teacher/ Business Owner
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/10

"Happy User"

Comments: Tracking billing, services, expenses, and clients in one place has made zoho my one stop shop. Great customer service whenever I need it.

Pros: It is what you put into it. I'm happy with mobile access through the web and endless customization abilities.

Cons: Some time so many customizable options can be overwhelming. It's clean, but if you aren't in it regularly and they make a big backend design change... you may get lost really easy.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/10
Paul S.
Service Provider Manager
Management Consulting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/07

"Great software. If you need customization, you need to try it."

Comments: Was less costly than our previous software solution with more customization as long as we were willing and able to learn how to use Zoho to its full potential.

Pros: The software is easy to pick up and build simple applications or customize pre-made application to suit your needs. But also you can build some complex applications, don't be fooled. We use the software daily in a large corporate environment for various tasks such as a sales lead contact directory by modifying a pre-made application and also we built a ground-up application for a service ticketing system/workflow management.

Cons: What could use improving is the documentation for the more complex functions when building an application. There is lots of help, but sometimes for the more complex tasks I am doing it may take a few days to find what I need. But I will say that there is much more documentation and also help videos than in the past.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/07
Jessica N.
Digital Marketing Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/21

"Cost-effective App Builder"

Comments: Fantastic experience with Zoho Creator. Easy to use and cost-effective.

Pros: Zoho Creator is an effective tool for building applications for your business. We like using it because we do not have to be experienced in programming and other sophisticated tools to start using it for building apps. The apps we always build with Zoho Creator are great and they boost our daily operations.

Cons: Unreliable customer care support team. No other valid reason to complain about Zoho Creator because it has been good to our team.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/21
Kartheeban C.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/18

"Simply the best in the market. You can build 90% of all internal apps using Zoho Creator"

Comments: We were able to scale quickly because of Zoho Creator.

Pros: 1. Simple drag and drop feature.
2. Less code. If you are a first timer, You can build an app just by exploring the platform for 15 mins
3. Takes less than 10 mins to build an app.
4. Complex apps too can be built on this platform.
5. Very user-friendly

Cons: 1. I do not see much fault with this.
2. When requirements get tricky, you need a person who is good at logical thinking and problem solving to handle those requirements.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/18
Pratik K.
Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/29

"Truly an Operating System for Business"

Comments: My overall experience of working on logo to develop application was excellent. I have no plans of switching to another technology/platform.

Pros: As the zoho tagline said, Operating system for business. It is truly an amazing platform to run your business with ease. Being able to solve the clients business problems and helping them build an app with zoho platform is really an amazing experience.

Cons: If you are not a programmer then you need to hire a certified developer. That's all it takes and you are on you way to successful business app.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/29
Founder, CEO
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/01

"Automate your business processes!!!"

Comments: Overall, very happy with the solution. We use it to manage our QC and RMA processes.

Pros: Zoho creator is intuitive and a great tool to automate business processes. We are a manufacturer and use this for QC and RMA management. I love that whatever you create can work on phones, tablets, and the web. They also have great support and they have conferences you can attend to get one on one with the developers and experts and get your questions answered. You can't beat the price either!

Cons: Creator was upgraded to creator 5 relatively recently and all of the help documentation has not yet been updated accordingly.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/01
Nicole G.
Personal Assistant/Administration/Accounts Administration
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"Far outweighs its competitors"

Pros: I am amazed at what our IT guys have created using Zoho Creator, the fact that we had been struggling using a different program for so long is mind boggling when we could have had what we do now! I’m looking forward to expanding to other products and incorporating more tasks in the near future. It intergares with Xero to make invoicing a lot easier and saves hours of work!

Cons: See I can’t really fault it and anything that I’ve asked for has been implemented for me without much hassle at all. I can do my job faster so I cannot complain.

Froilan M.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/10

"Great Database"

Comments: I would rate it at 90 % of Satisfaction///

Pros: The programing is Very simple and it has what seemd endless functions that can be used to improve business communication and Logistics Operation...

Cons: That it is Slow at time of loading most of the time..

• Reviewed on 2019/01/10
Abias G.
Operations Manager
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/04

"i will give it a fair trial"

Comments: i am solving problem of keeping on changing documents numbering and have a continuous numbering
and easing keeping of records

Pros: its more intelligent easy to access and faster

Cons: The software is quite advanced it make my job easier and faster

• Reviewed on 2020/03/04
Chase H.
Account Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/14

"Great for reports!"

Pros: Zoho creator gives you the ability to generate so many different reports for sales and inventory as well as others.

Cons: Sometimes when Zoho updates it can break a report or take away access that you may have granted but that is an easy fix.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/14
Kristen C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15

"Versatile and dynamic software"

Pros: I like that it's very easy for someone like me to create my own database. I was also able to embed the form into my website and receive automated email notifications every time a client or service provider submitted a new request or their details. All for a reasonable price.

Cons: There are some components of the software that are too technical and complicated for even me to understand, so they go unused.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 2014/04/12

"Be careful before choosing."

Comments: Building an application takes a tremendous amount of time to perfect and grow. Starting on the right application that will allow long-term development is critical. For a DIY database, Zoho Creator has features that I could not find with another option. Their customer service though, will have you asking for MUCH more. Several times I dealt with significant problems that left our organization crippled and got ZERO response or consideration from customer service. Every time the problem was with their servers or software. I could go WEEKS struggling with an issue and get no help from customer service. When your organization's core application is down, you do not want to be with Zoho Creator. After struggling with issues and no help from Zoho, I realized that my growing company had to leave Zoho Creator. I found an open-source CRM called Zurmo. You NEED to check Zurmo as an option. Being open source, you can install it, modify the source code and it's free! They also have a paid version where they provide support and premium options. We have spent the last couple months building our new application in Zurmo and we love it. Overall, it's taking much less time than starting in Zoho Creator. Best of all, we aren't at someone else's mercy if the application has an issue. We can fix everything we want and host our own database. Although it takes a little more know-how to start on Zurmo, it was probably just as easy as Zoho, because accomplishing some things in Zoho was overcomplicated.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Cost effective
- Dynamic customization

Cons: - Customer services sucks
- Might cripple your company operations with no solution
- You will eventually need to leave Zoho if your company continues to grow
- Can't use Javascript or customize themes
(use Zurmo instead)

• Reviewed on 2014/04/12
Senior Manager Operations
Computer Software, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/17

"a powerful DIY builder"

Pros: * a simple application to create our own small apps.
* its like a whiteboard with tools where you can build your own app without having a bunch of developers or techies.
* low cost so it is ideal for small business/startups

Cons: * it is a bit complicated app while you start configuring your app. You can be a master on it by following knowledge base and tutorials.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/17
Kevin H.
Market Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/01

"Super simple to start, then can get overwhelming!"

Comments: Needed a simple database to keep track of media inventory. I created something simple, which worked, but after a demo by a zoho expert I am upgrading the whole system through a zoho consultant. This system seems to be able to do anything (that's the overwhelming part) but if you do your business requirements and use cases carefully it is a great value.

Pros: Great value. Very simple to start, but super powerful if you need it to be.

Cons: Beyond the "simple" stuff, if you want to take advantage of all the power of the system you'll need assistance.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/01
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/23

"Great for Prototyping Application, Too Slow for Business Use"

Comments: I started using Zoho as a quick way to prototype an application. It took a few weeks to build an application that would have taken months in .Net and SQL. My customer loved the application and wanted to use the prototype right off the bat. The service generally runs fast, however in the afternoons here in the US, the service can grind to a halt. Form loading goes from seconds to minutes. These are serious problems that made me wish I had stuck to using Zoho strictly as a prototype.

Pros: Great interface, email and text integration.

Cons: 1) Speed is too slow for "real" business use.
2) On premise application is forever stuck in Beta, there is no choice but to use Zoho's slow servers.
3) URL and mobile app customization is not possible.

by Zoho Corp on 2015/11/24

Thank you for giving Zoho Creator a try. We believe the issue faced by you could be specific to your Zoho Creator application as we haven't had reports of latency from other users. The sluggishness experienced by you in accessing Creator Form especially during a certain time of the day is something that we would like to look into further.

Could you email form details of your Zoho Creator app to [email protected]/[email protected], please? The team over here would like to ascertain the reasons for the latency issue and revert with possible solutions, if any.

Ahmed
Zoho Creator

• Reviewed on 2015/11/23
Junior SQL/SAS Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"A basic way to make an app quickly."

Comments: ZohoCreator is definitely for someone who needs an app made and has no knowledge on how to do it the traditional way. But, personally, I prefer using a more traditional method.

Pros: ZohoCreator allows people to create apps without the knowledge that would otherwise take months to years to learn. It’s very flexible and easy to use!

Cons: The graphical interface has room for improvement. While it is certainly easier to make apps, It still requires the ability to use their scripting language, Deluge, for more customization.

Daniel F.
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/05

"Enjoyable to use and productive but lacking in theming functions and scalability questionable"

Comments: Very easy to create a CRUD application to gather and manipulate data with some integration and reporting features.

Pros: Very easy to build a CRUD application using drag and drop form designer. Deluge scripting language is javascript like and easy to carry out simple transformations and calculations. It's simple to pick up and quite powerful. The UI is clean and quite nice by default but themes cannot be customised. Ability to take input from web facing forms captured to a backend Creator database for further processing and workflow. This is a great feature that makes it very suitable for web based leads and enquiries, CRM functions and bookings.

Cons: Very limited UI customisation, basically you have to pick a theme and stick with that Feels quite restrictive to the Zoho ecosystem Report design is poor and difficult to understand but actually quite versatile once you dive deep Mobile app is appealling, but I don't like the way it has to run within the Zoho wrapper app. End users don't really understand that you open Zoho Creator and then you open your database/application. Would be better to be able to compile to individually wrapped apps.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/05
Corporate Lead
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/01

"Zoho Works"

Pros: I like the ability to create various forms and apps.

Cons: Not to functional unless you pay for the additionals.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/01
Ashley C.
Registered Dental Assistant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/29

"Great Alternative"

Pros: Great alternative to Microsoft office software. Easy to use and sign up for. Great that you can access your files with just signing in! Love that feature

Cons: Only thing that bugged me was I had to figure out how to copy and paste, had to sign in and download another thing but easy once I figured it out.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/29
Yaniv T.
Software Engineer
Defense & Space, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/15

"Great for both personal and professional projects"

Comments: It is an amazing entry point for people looking to get into creating their apps .

Pros: It doesn't require that much coding knowledge and is fairly easy to use .Most of the aspects are customizable , you get a lot of templates to chose from and the AI is interactive .

Cons: The regular updates change too much about the app and the log doesn't really provide that much information about them .This is probably the biggest reason I don't use Creator that often .

• Reviewed on 2021/05/15
Shawn W.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/16
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/16
  • Reviewed on 2012/09/02

"No more $15 plan"

Comments: It is a pretty good product based on my use of the free plan. Was about to upgrade to $15 per month plan when I discovered that the minimum plan is now $25 per month. I think they made a mistake dropping the $15 plan. Based on the price rise, I'll stick with the free plan for now.

• Reviewed on 2012/09/02
Module lead
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/08

"Zoho Creator is a very useful and reasonably priced to build business apps"

Pros: It has a satisfactory user interface with no navigation issue. A good choice at this price range. less code and fast app creation.

Cons: Its initial set-up is not very friendly and has definitely some scope for improvement as far as setting up for the first time is concerned.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/08