Filter by:

• Overall

About Sibme

Sibme is an online web and mobile learning and engagement platform to improve professional skills at scale.

Learn more about Sibme

Kyler B.
Sr Associate, Core Model Operations
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/21

"Strong Mission and Responsive Staff, but Glitchy Product"

Comments: It's a promising platform that has helped us unlock sharing potential in our organization. However, it feels on shaky technological ground for the ways our team uses it. As the administration liaison, I spend too much time putting out small fires and trying to understand what is a Sibme issue versus something a team member is doing wrong.

Pros: The core features are usually solid and intuitive to new users - adding team members, uploading and commenting on videos. As an education leadership coaching organization with over 50 coaches, we have used Sibme to help our coaches re-watch and improve upon their own practices by letting development conversations be grounded in real examples of their work. Plus, other non-coaching staff now have an easy window into coaching without pestering coaches!
In our COVID virtual coaching environment, grounding org learning in video sharing was invaluable. It saves everyone time and the collaboration features to enhance this org learning (commenting, sharing, tagging pre-set categories) are easy to use.

Cons: Though the core service is solid, I encounter tech glitches and question marks at a frustratingly high rate. It's small things - user permission mismatch across pages, confusing naming conventions (the account wide "Admin-User-Viewer" and Huddle-level "Admin-Member-Viewer" have very similar names but different meanings, which is confusing), audio issues for uploads, and several areas of confusion or disconnect in the new Zoom-Sibme "Conference" integration. This latter piece would have been excellent to use in the COVID virtual coaching environment, but was troublesome enough that our team never meaningfully used the integration. More robust and coherent help guides on the Zoom-Sibme integration (with video!) would be a good start. Our customer service manager is very responsive and solutions-oriented and I'm grateful for her! But technical solutions seem slow and often incomplete.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/21
Rebecca M.
Associate Professor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

"Cal U Review"

Comments: I love Sibme. It has made my work more seamless, provided more options for coaching teacher candidates, and allowed me to continue to do my job efficiently when I wouldn't be able to otherwise (e.g., video-coach during the pandemic when schools weren't allowing visitors). It has allowed me and my colleagues to develop new assignments in my courses, particularly peer-observation. It has also made a once excruciating assignment (video-recording yourself teaching) an acceptable and desirable task. Moreover, the customer service is wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been so helpful, and I appreciate that they keep me on my toes with check-ins. I also appreciate all of the Learning Center material.

Pros: Sibme as alot of great features that are useful for my work with teachers candidates. It's particularly impactful in supporting teacher candidate growth through the video-recording and time-stamped feedback. It's also useful for the supervisor to document strengths and needs for the candidates. I particularly like that I can attached my feedback to our clinical practice tool that I entered into the platform. Also, I like the different options it provides for observations (live, scripted notes, video-recording). Moreover, Sibme is always coming out with features that are helpful to my work. For example, I'm excited to learn more about the Goals feature. We require our candidates to develop a professional growth plan based on goals that they have been working on, and the Goals feature is a tool that I believe could support that task.

Cons: I'd like to be able to obtain more data analytics on teacher candidate performance based on my inputs. For example, being able to look at the data for cohorts of teachers rather than just individuals. Overall, I feel like I'm still learning about the software, so I may not be using the data analytics to its full extent.

Bonnie E.
Instructor Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/03

"Great for Observations and Providing Feedback"

Pros: I love that I can record an instructor and then use the recording as a tool to debrief the observation. The instructor can add comments and then I can go in, review the comments, and then add my own. I can also add a rubric and mark specific places in the recording that align with the scores. It is especially nice if you cannot be face to face or you have limited face to face time. I also love that I can set up groups where instructors can chat with each other and collaborate, post documents and links, as well as individual discussion questions. It really helps me organize and stay on track with observations and instructor conferences.

Cons: Some of the functionality is a little clunky and requires a lot of clicks especially if I am setting up observation resources for multiple instructors. However, they are open to feedback and have always been very helpful when we have gone to them with a request. Their customer support is excellent and I never hesitate to reach out.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03
Erika C.
Student Placements Manager

"Track Your Teaching"

Comments: Overall the experience has been fantastic!

Pros: We currently use Sibme to track the development and progress of Teacher Candidates in our Teacher Education Program. I believe it is extremely useful for Teacher Candidates to be able to reflect and see their teaching in action to foster more growth and development.

Cons: There is no notification system for Admins to be notified when a new Teacher Candidate has registered with the School Code.

Maureen O.
Owner/Director
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/02

"Efficiency"

Comments: Sibme has been a wonderful much needed software. The support team was especially helpful in the set up. The team was extremely patient in the set up stages.
It’s been a fantastic experience.

Pros: I needed a software they allowed for quick, simple scheduling. It’s neat to look at, uncomplicated enough for children to sign in and use. Also great for adults who are not computer savvy.

Cons: I love the software. No negatives so far.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/02
Troy L.
Program Specialist
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"Meaningful Collaboration"

Comments: Sibme provides exceptional support that continues through the onboarding process and well beyond!

Pros: Simbe provides a simple to use interface / app combination that allows users not to get lost in the technology while focusing on their instructional practice. This tool allows us to use video based recording of teacher candidates in their classroom as an instructional coaching platform. There are several features which we have not yet implemented, such as tying observational feedback to standards of practice. But, what is so amazing is that Sibme provides incredible base functionality from day one. Certainly, you can invest more time in developing the tool to be more comprehensive to meet your specific needs.

Cons: There are no cons to this tool. Sibme continues to expand functionality and improve.

Ivelisse C.
Principal in Residency
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/11

"Sibme Review"

Comments: I loved the opportunity to listen and provide feedback on specific parts of the lesson. I think it was beneficials for teachers to record themselves and choose their best lesson to share with me. Hopefully, we will use it more next year once we go back to in person teaching but wondereing if you could add feature or share ideas on how to use it in a virtual classroom.

Pros: The feature that I like the most was the easy access from different devices. I could use my phone, ipad or computer to record and have them available.

Cons: I don't have any cons. I used it last year but this year since it is virtual I haven't tried it yet. is there an option to record screens in virtual classrooms?

• Reviewed on 2020/12/11
Dave S.
Curriculum director
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/07

"Great tool for coaching and mentoring"

Pros: The Sibme platform provides an easy to use tool for teachers to self-reflect on their practice and to share their practice with others to gain feedback. It provides an invaluable tool to allow an instructional coach or mentor to observe a teachers classroom without having to be physically present. It also provides an easy platform to provide constructive feedback to the teacher and create a virtual dialogue with the comment tools.

Cons: There really are very few cons to the platform. The only thing we encountered was a glitch in the Google integration with logging into the Sibme account.

Cindy G.
Educator

"Believe"

Comments: I love Sibme and believe that it can revolutionize how administration in schools do teacher review. When used properly, I can see open dialogue flowing from both parties and allowing for genuine growth. As I look for a curriculum job this spring, I would recommend Sibme as a tool for every district I encounter. I believe in what it can to change and build educational communication.

Pros: I was introduced to Sibme through the eMINTS organization. I enjoyed that it allowed me the space to work with others, and the space to work and collect things alone. I was introduced to the functionality of using professional development activities over the summer. I am looking forward to using these with faculty after the pandemic clears and teacher time is more fluid.

Cons: I had to be introduced to the professional development activities by a customer service agent. I was not able to locate them on my own. This was not the fault of Sibme, but it would have been nice to find those things much easier.

Taylor E.
Chief Academic Officer
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/01

"Great Tool for Teacher Coaching and Building Reflective Practice"

Comments: Our overall experience with Sibme has bee very positive. Using video observation has helped foster reflective practice in our teaching staff and helped coaches and administrators to collaborate and calibrate even when we can't all be in the same place at the same time.

Pros: Sibme is an easy to use platform that helps teachers and administrators work together to reflect on lessons and improve practice. I love that teachers and admin are able to upload videos and that you can create collaboration groups and a video library of best practices aligned to whatever teacher effectiveness framework you use.

Cons: The usage reports on the admin end can be a little misleading as there is no catch for videos that are uploaded multiple times, so sometimes at first glance it may look like usage is high when in fact it was one video counted 2 or 3 times. That being said, it is pretty easy to go in and run a report to see where there are repeats.

Tawanna C.
Assistant Principal
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Sibme for Teacher Development"

Comments: We use this platform to grow teachers and leaders. One of the most important things is being able to time stamp our comments so we can provide feedback on the exact moments of engagement.

Pros: Sibme allows me to tag exact moments in a video to provide teacher and leader feedback. It is easy to upload from whether I access it directly through the platform or from a camera on my computer or phone. The tabs help with keep our video types sorted for ease of access.

Cons: When recording and uploading mobile it takes a little while for the upload to complete.

Barbara S.
university Supervisor

"Seeing is Believing"

Comments: This has been great, especially during the pandemic.

Pros: I like being able to observe my student teaching in their classrooms or online. I like that I can rewind and review plus comment on the teaching I am observing.

Cons: I would like to be able to type my comments while the video is running.

Nicole H.
Associate Dean
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/01

"Great experience thus far with Sibme!"

Comments: I feel that the employees are professional, the development aspects are fast and responsive. 50% of why I am sticking with this product is just working with their team.

Pros: For the price, I feel that the tool has the major elements I am looking for. It has the flexibility to assess students both on an individual and a group basis. The video commenting/tagging feature is exactly what we were looking for.

Cons: Hoping for SSO to MS Office and an improved integration with Canvas, right now, it's just a pass through.

Dana A.
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Use Sibme With Easaea"

Comments: My overall experience with Sibme has been positive. It has allowed me to work with others in a productive and dynamic workspace.

Pros: I most like the video recording and annotating ability.

Cons: I least like the difficulty logging in sometimes. It may take up to 5 attempts.

Sheri W.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"A Teacher's Point of View"

Comments: As a teacher, I was required to choose a personal professional goal for the year and I chose to set some goals as far as improvements I could make in my teaching methods and have my Instructional Coach video me. We would then have regular meetings to view the video and reflect on the goals and my progress. Sibme proved to be the ideal tool as my IC was able to literally pull apart the video and comment at different points and the feedback was invaluable. Not only were the video features very useful, but there were multiple ways for her to communicate with me re: the overall status of her comments ie: when they were available and when videos were uploaded. It greatly contributed to me attaining my goals and making the process easy and effective.

Pros: The ease of use and the flexibility allowing it to be used for multiple purposes

Cons: I did not find anything that was difficult or needed improvement

Lesley F.
Education Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/01

"Great tool for classroom observations"

Comments: The staff at Sibme have been wonderful. We have had a great experience with their help in setting everything up. They respond quickly and you can schedule with them whenever you need support.

Pros: Sibme was easy to set up and run with. Teachers have been able to submit a video with just a couple of clicks.

Cons: Setting up custom indicators has been a struggle. The buttons are not standard and hard to understand.

Monica B.

"Able to self-assess"

Pros: I like the ability to review my lesson and see what is going on around my classroom when I am not able to see everything that goes on. Such as engagement. I may think that students are engaged or not engaged but their body language tells me otherwise. Then, when reviewing the video I can actually take time to notice how different learners are engaged and processing information differently. I also like the ability to pause and make notes in the videos for self reflection.

Cons: I have not had any problems or dislikes with the software.

Haley R.
Professional Development Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"Distance Coaching"

Comments: My experience with Sibme has been great. Our coach has really helped us with the areas we need support without being too pushy or time-consuming. She truly just wants to make our experience and the experiences of our users the best. She comes with great experience to share.

Pros: I love that this software is extremely user-friendly. Uploading videos and sharing across huddles is an easy process. Both coachees and coaches can add comments to videos, tag performance levels, and view comments from multiple users in a logical way.

Cons: The rubric framework tool is very clunky and hard to create. Impossible to edit later if you want to update or change the performance levels.

Lindsay H.
Director of Curriculum and Remote Learning

"Sibme Review"

Pros: It's great to be able to have a visual when coaching new teachers. Teachers are able to see exactly what I am referring to in my feedback.

Cons: The platform is very busy. As the district admin sometimes it's hard to find something specific.

Edward A.
Learning Center Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/08

"Very Good for Teacher Observations"

Pros: The interface was relatively accessible and the quality of the videos was good. I was able to see what I needed to see.

Cons: It felt like there were many steps to get to what I wanted when I wanted it.

Rickey L.
IT Director

"Sibme"

Pros: The best feature is the teacher review process plus you can input data while doing an observation, in real time.

Cons: Download speed is sometimes a little slow.

Katie L.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Sibme is effective"

Pros: Sibme is a easy, maneuverable tool to help focus on the strengths employee, while finding amazing ways to help with growth. The ability to video, and have others watch to reflect gives a multi-dimensional perceptions to promote growth.

Cons: Nothing! The software was user-friendly and easy to figure out without watching any videos on how-to do so.

Auria J.
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees

"Sibme"

Comments: My overall experience with sibme has been great

Pros: I live most about this software how easy it is to upload videos to review for feedback.

Cons: There was nothing in particular that I “least” liked about it.

Shawn J.
Implementation coordinator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/09

"Good platform for videos"

Pros: Simple to use and organize the videos and comments.

Cons: Can be a challenge to find videos if you don't know which huddle they are in

• Reviewed on 2020/12/09
Gale W.
Literacy Consultant

"Coaching"

Pros: When I first had to use SIBME, I was very hesitant because technology is not my thing. It was very easy to learn and was a successful tool in coaching teachers. When I did have issues, the support staff was ready to help when needed.

Cons: These are not software issues, just things I learned using SIBME. For me, it was a little difficult to set up in the beginning. I learned that the email address was very important when setting up and account, with wrong email, teachers don’t invitation. wish I had informed the schools that the teachers should look out for an email so that they could except the invitation to participate.