QuickBooks Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    3,9 /5
    3,9 /5

About QuickBooks Point of Sale

QuickBooks Point of Sale is an all-in-one solution with the software, hardware and payment service you need to sell online and in-store

Learn more about QuickBooks Point of Sale

Lisa M.
business owner
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/14

"bugs in the system"

Comments: I am so disappointed. I have logged 50 hours on the phone with customer service since August 2020. The engineers obviously released the new updated system too soon and my business suffers because of it. I also found that the pin pad freezes and then reverses your sale even though you think it went thru. awful!!

Pros: I love that it is easy to use and has good reporting ability. Links well with QB Bookkeeping

Cons: I was told to upgrade from QB 12.0 to 19.0.. I have had nothing but problems. The first day we set it up there was an error and there continues to be same error message even though i have spent numerous hours on phone with customer service. I am on my 3rd pin pad and had the system uninstalled and re-installed twice. They want to do it again but I refused as they just keep trying different things instead of really figuring out what the problem is. Today I tried to process a $400 sale on applepay and was told that they have an issue with this type of payment (even though this new pin pad was supposed to take Apple pay) They never let you know of issues. You just have to experience them and then call in.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/14
Tonya C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"Quickbooks Support is Awful. Pick something else even if upfront cost is higher ( Used for 15 years"

Comments: We've used Quickbooks POS and Desktop for 15 years. We just recently decided to integrate credit card processing. Our "sales rep" flat out lied about the features. Once he received our payment, he would not return calls or emails. Swell! We've upgraded to the new version 19. This process has been simply AWFUL. I have no less that 15 "case numbers". Even had our files sent to a technician. No resolution! My Staff had figured some work arounds to make the lock ups and disruptions to business less frequent. With each call I make to support I will be "disconnected" at least 2-3 times and have to start the process all over. This includes attempts to call and use the "online support" which is worse. After maybe an hour of ineffective support (I am being kind here), I will be referred to Level 2. They are always too busy at the time to assist, and "will call back". The call back DOES NOT HAPPEN. I will have to call back everyday for a week and complain before Level 2 will call. I have had Level 2 "call back appointments" promise after promise of call backs. NEVER HAPPENS These issues take away from my ability to manage my business effectively. I belong to several business groups online. I continue to say pick another POS Quickbooks is awful...just awful. Oh and the chickens and roosters in the background when talking to support...what in the world??? I've decided to give some online reviews as well so folks that want to focus on their business make a different choice even if

Pros: Quickbooks offers one stop shopping that initially appealed to me. We use Point of Sate along with integrating into the Desktop for accounting.

Cons: Support is worse than non existent. Integration is limited. Features promised are proprietary and more limited that promised.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/05
Service Operations Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/16

"Amazing software for small businesses!"

Pros: Quickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.

Cons: There can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/16
Michael D.
System Administrator
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/26

"Point of Sale Made Easier"

Pros: Quickbooks Point of Sale is simple and easy to use. Nothing is far out of reach. Sales are a breeze and pulling reports is very easy with the improved user interface. The cloud-centric features are very nice too, offering seamless integration across devices and platforms. There is a POS for every industry in the retail arena.

Cons: It's kind of cumbersome to setup initially. I'd recommend having that part handled by an expert. Apart form that, I can't say anything else bad about it.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Sharni V.
Retail
    4,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/09

"Easy to use, but not easy to upgrade"

Pros: Ease of use. It was simple to teach employees how to use the register side of it. It synchronized easily to quickbooks financial once everything was mapped.

Cons: I could not upgrade past windows 7 on the machines that ran this product. It required I have a machine set up as a server. It cost me pretty much the full price of the product to add another register, or back end user. In order to update the product you had to buy it outright again. There was next to no updating of the product. I bought version 10 back in January of 2011 and until I stopped using it in August 2016 there was no updates. I had to buy the product again if I wanted an update. Customer support cost a lot extra per month, they would even charge you for calls when the problem was their fault. Many reports were limited. For instance, fields I would expect to be in a report simply were not there. For instance, the top customer report, had no way to put the email address into it. So what was the point of that report if you could not send them an email promo? It was not stored in the cloud, so I was limited in that the product could only be used in my store. If I wanted remote access I had to use a third party computer access product to see my POS. If you wanted integrated credit card transactions you had to use their merchant services. Their fees were higher than everyone else. I ended up saving thousands a year when I moved to another merchant processor and adding extra steps at the checkout. Once my file got big, it would lag out loading customer/inventory information. I ended up changing POS systems when we got another location and it was just going to cost too much to upgrade the product to cope with multiple locations.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/09
Horacio C.
Product Development Asst.
1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/03

"Great POS system for small business"

Pros: I bought the simple version of Quickbooks POS and it had great features for an entry business. No limits on inventory list and great tool for customer loyalty rewarding. For being a simple version, this brings a lot of handy tools to track inventory and awesome sales report.

Cons: Very laggy when filled inventory list with 1000+ items. Also, the online feature needed to be on the expensive version, so it didn't offer it like other POS systems do without upgrading.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/03
Kunle A.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/20

"Best in its league."

Comments: I have been able to overcome every possible problem, from the way I see it every problem about QuickBooks has a solution.

Pros: Well as a professional and software developer, I have experienced many POS applications in my career but Quickbooks seems to be the best and easiest solution for me. I have recommended to my clients, they use it and personally I support them in case of any issue what so ever. I can boldly say for the last 7 years, quickbooks still stands out.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/20
Meg D.
Admin Assistant
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/26

"Slow and not always intuitive but it works for many different functions"

Pros: Great for tracking inventory and customers, great for sales orders and a services oriented business.

Cons: It is slow in a fast paced retail environment. Getting all the information is pretty slow going and not always intuitive for the new cashiers and many members of staff working in a fast paced store.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/26
Beth K.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/01

"Prepare for lots of frustration, speaking to the continent of India and very little that makes sense"

Comments: I'm a Proadvisor so I know a little. But nothing is helpful; create Custom Forms is a joke. Call India help desk, more time spent on nothing. It takes a lot of time, most spent on really bad documentation, but good once it's done.

Pros: Most small business accounts use QuickBooks

Cons: It's so badly prepared, the service is worthless, the documentation - both online and written, awful, and they make what should be easy, very difficult.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/01
Erika G.
Administrative manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/14

"Very good product with a variety of functions to fit your business needs."

Pros: The software is easy to use and its easy to customize reports for different needs.

Cons: it crashes often and i have experience multiple issues with the sharing of information between the main computer and work stations

• Reviewed on 2017/07/14
Rafiq ahmed W.
Director operatìons
Supermarkets, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/12

"Quicbook pos is great for retail business and also for restuarant business."

Pros: It is very easy to use.
Reporting is very strong
It is robust in its functions.
It is very helpful to ascertain the level of purchase from any vendor based on sales performance of the products.

Cons: In a network environment client get disconnected from server many times in a day.
Troubleshooting is not very easy.
In its GUI mode, there should be option to select discount in terms of percentage or in terms of dollor which is not like so in it at the moment.
Printing of customer sale history or his ledger is not very professional in POS.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/12
Savvy P.
Recruitment Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/13

"Ample features and easy navigation"

Pros: I ended up saving thousands a year when I moved to Quickbooks POS and adding extra steps at the checkout.

Cons: Customer service is a little pricy and updates will also be an extra cost. Suggest to add your own customized fields.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/13
John M.
Supermarkets, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/09

"Ease of use"

Pros: The product is easy to use very very user friendly and it really convinient good over all point of sale

Cons: Its not free there are some options that needs to be added but there is not alot of it i love this app

• Reviewed on 2018/10/09
Jeff H.
IT Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"Intuit Quickbooks"

Pros: Very easy use and functional. Clear, simple instructions. Allowed for quick and efficient invoice processing.

Cons: Basic understanding of Finance software helpful. No built-in project feature to allow for tracking.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Amanda M.
Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/28

"Can grow with your company"

Pros: Quickbooks has allowed me to balance my books and keep track of payments with my side business. I no longer have to worry about things falling through the cracks. The customer service is excellent, but hardly even needed as the software is so easy to use.

Cons: Sometimes the shortcuts are not obvious, so I end up entering wrong numbers in wrong places. It is a little too quick for me.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/28
Melissa H.
Building Materials
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/20

"Quickbooks POS review"

Pros: It's great for run of the mill retail. Easy to use for most transactions.

Cons: Doesn't allow for quoting without adjusting inventory. Needs more options for retailers that manufacture.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/20
Eric S.
Online Fulfillment
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/09

"Dated POS"

Pros: Quickbooks generates their own SKU's, and holds alot of information. You are also able to do alot of customization.

Cons: Quickbooks doesn't integrate with Shopify, and it does a horrible job of keeping up with inventory. So many glitches! Have to restart the software daily..

• Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Buzz M.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/10

"Cheapest option not always the best option"

Comments: Looking to replace at year's end.

Pros: Low cost of entry is the only thing is has going for it. Also integrates easily with QB financial, if that matters to you.

Cons: No option to shop for credit card processing companies. Must use QB which is 3x as expensive.
Customer service overall is unsatisfactory and expensive

• Reviewed on 2017/08/10
Leah C.
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/13

"Quickbooks POS review from a daily user"

Comments: Every day, I use Quickbooks POS. I like that the program is, for the most, part straightforward; specifically the integration of the "I want to..." pull down menu makes finding things easy. I do wish there were more options as far as reports. I also would like there to be an easier way to over-hall the inventory. When there are issues with the POS communicating or rather sending the days sales figures back to the designated Quickbooks computer, there are times when this operation fails and trying to get both up and running and resending data is often a headache.
Lastly, there should be options for gift certificates as well as gift cards as far as selling and redeeming; this can also be such a pain that employees don't push those sales.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/13
Michael G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/19

"Quickbooks POS Mulitstore"

Comments: We have been using this product for a couple years now, its simple and pretty easy to use for new employees. Its has some great reporting functions, but there is some limitations that you wouldn't think would be there for a "multistore".

Pros: Reporting functions.

Cons: Having to do everything from the headquarters, and if one store types in a price wrong for an item it changes all the other stores "cost".

• Reviewed on 2016/12/19
Amanda M.
Business owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/29

"QuickBooks is always professional"

Pros: QuickBooks has always been professional and easy to use, functional to fix mistakes if you make them.

Cons: Being a small business...everything is really expensive, but at the same time balancing out the convenience of paying for some of the extra functions.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/29
Nikki H.
CFO
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/01

"Didn't work for us"

Comments: I love Quickbooks enterprise and will continue to use it. I will never use their point of sale again. I was trying to get away from ACCUPOS which after this debacle I have realized is amazing and my problems now seem minor I am going back to them and addressing my minor complaints.

Pros: When paired with one of their partners software can do major things, but not minor ones.

Cons: It had to re number our items which are currently stored in Enterprise.
The POS shortcuts couldn't show a description only our item number, which is one of 7000 different numbers so that wasn't an option.
Very clunky and antiquated, would be very easy to mess something up.
Customer support has a 45 minute hold time.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/01
Jenni M.
Sales associate
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/15

"Good way to keep up with transactions!"

Pros: It is pretty easy to use once you get it figured out. It has a good layout with the categories and tabs.

Cons: I do not use it often enough to really have any cons about this product, but it can be confusing if you do not know what you are doing.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/15
Caitlyn C.
Chiropractor
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"Great software for expenses!"

Pros: I like the fact that this is an easy to use platform and allows us to keep track of all of our business expenses. This way we always know what to expect at the end of the month.

Cons: I wish they had an easier platform on training individuals on how to use the product. We needed to be trained by our CPA in order to use the product more correctly.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Jenny D.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/01

"Just Ok Better Options Out There"

Comments: My company used QuickBooks POS for about a year before we decided to switch to another system. Simple functions that I thought would be available were not (maybe they have since updated?). At the time, I could not group cash and credit transactions separately to see the day's totals, nor could I view totals by item across a day, week, month, etc. There was also no chip card reader available. Needless to say, we made the switch to another platform that offered all of these features.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/01