Shopify POS Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Antonio D.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/28

"very good POS"

Pros: this is your best friend if you have an e-commerce and retail. con can do all in one place.

Cons: nothing, just love the ways how you can manage your store here.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/28
Brenda C.
manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/19

"Easy to use"

Pros: I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

Cons: The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/19
Silversmith
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/29

"Great for my part time side buisness!"

Comments: As an artist who is still working a full time day job, I love how easy it is to post my items for sale. I normally am trying to fit in when I can during my off hours so the more simple it is, the better for me!

Pros: My favourite thing about this software is how user friendly it is. As someone with limited computer knowledge, I found the set and up upkeep to be very easy.

Cons: There isn't much I would change about the Shopify POS but I would like for the page with the list of items to be a little more organized and easier to search.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/29
Aubrey C.
Aubrey C.
Hygiene Coordinator
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/17

"Easy to use for small business"

Comments: Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.

Pros: I really love using Shopify when I am shopping on small business sites because it is easy to use, has the option for me to put in my email to remember all of my personal information, and saves my credit cards.

Cons: Because this is a very simple software, I don't like how it isn't able to grow with a business. Over time, a business would need to invest in a larger platform.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/17
Brittany V.
Brittany V.
VP Sales
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/11

"Big fan of everything Shopify does"

Comments: Great for small businesses.

Pros: They really are a powerhouse. I have always been a fan of Shopify compared to their competitors.
All of their software is smooth and user-friendly. So of course their POS is too. Very easy to setup, great for beginners, small shops, bloggers. Can be completely automated and is easy to setup. I like that they make it easy to integrate with so many different programs and locations. I used Square before Shopify POS and I would say they're comparable in the way they function and look, however, Shopify's offers a lot more integrations and setups. I have always felt secure using this system as well.

Cons: I really don't have any complaints for this software. It does exactly what I need it to do.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/11
Curt N.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/16

"Seamless"

Comments: Shopify PoS gives us peace of mind whenever we open a pop up or retail experience.

Pros: While we have not used other PoS software, Shopify PoS does a great job for us. All features we need, none that we don't, and an intuitive UI.

Cons: We have not had any issues with this tool so far. There may be features on other platforms that we are not aware of.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/16
Amy H.
Amy H.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/31

"A must for shows!"

Comments: I recommend the pos system to everyone I talk to at shows!

Pros: I run my website through Shopify and use the pos system for shows. I still meet people who only accept cash.

Cons: I have never had any trouble with the system and it syncs my sales and inventory to the second, which avoids embarrassing situations!

• Reviewed on 2021/05/31
Sueda A.
CS
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/10

"Good"

Pros: I have used shopify pos when I was have online store. It was working good, fees are not high, payments are fast. Works good. If I open an online store again I would probably use it again.

Cons: Everything's fine. Not perfect but good.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/10
Michael S.
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/08

"More Than a Cash Register"

Comments: The POS option with Shopify is great. With an iPad, cash register and scanner you are totally in control. We have been using our POS system from Shopify for over 3 years and have never had a problem. Because we have our online store integrated into the POS customers can order products on line, pick home delivery as the shipping option and we will deliver it to their home. We have a smaller iPad we use at events that has the same inventory as our online store. It comes with a credit card swipe with the payments processed by Shopify. Deposits are made to our bank account within a couple days.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/08
Ryan W.
Ryan W.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/30

"Essential for shopping in-person"

Pros: If you want to make money on the go, Shopify POS is a must. It lets you advertise and sell your items to people you meet in person.

Cons: You can't view and purchase from your store which would be a cool feature when showing your store to someone.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/30
Hoyt G.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/25

"It gets the job done"

Comments: Free with shopify and free card reader... so why not? It's really incredible to be able to take your online store on the road with you

• Reviewed on 2017/01/25
Hanson G.
Hanson G.
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/07

"Free - and awesome"

Comments: It's very nice to have the ability to accept payments on the spot! We use it at showcases and tradeshows :)

• Reviewed on 2016/12/07
Jessi F.
Director of Marketing and Operations
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/24

"It works okay but not great"

Comments: It does the job, but I think Square is overall better.

Pros: I like that it integrates with Shopify. The card readers are high quality. The app interface is okay.

Cons: The app is different on iPad versus iPhone. The iPad version is way better, but we do mostly outdoor events, so we use phones and it's a bummer.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/24
Stephanie M.
Inventory Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/26

"Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items"

Pros: When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons: While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/26
Patent Draftsman
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/06

"Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception."

Comments: It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pros: VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Cons: If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Scotty H.
Scotty H.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen"

Comments: My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros: What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons: The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Lidia C.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/13

"Great Option for Our Business"

Pros: Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Cons: The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/13
Jessi O.
Boutique owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/21

"Satisfied"

Pros: It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons: We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/21
Pamela A.
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/18

"Excellent E-Commerce Program"

Pros: We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons: We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/18
James L.
James L.
Operations Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Makes selling items at events super easy!"

Comments: Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pros: I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Cons: It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Joe B.
Joe B.
Director of Technology
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/25

"Great for Most People, But Could Use More Work to be World-Class"

Pros: Ability to take orders on iPad or phone at conventions and other physical brick-and-mortar locations. Of course, being able to tie into our online store directly is a great plus, as well.

Cons: No "offline" orders, so it always requires some sort of Internet connection, so you need to either be near a wifi hotspot, or have a cellular connection. And, of course, if your connection has drops and other issues, orders may not sync correctly with your Shopify store. Also, GUI could use some work in terms of flow and process. Additionally, the ability to use the phone or iPad camera as barcode scanner would be of great benefit, instead of having to purchase another peripheral to worry about.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/25
Lincey V.
Lincey V.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/02

"Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs"

Comments: I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros: Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons: Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/02
Alexa R.
Alexa R.
Ecommerce and Marketing
Textiles, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/19

"Used for Good Morning America"

Comments: many users on the site at once and not having to worry about the website crashing

Pros: Easy to navigate in the backend; can handle many users on the website at once; great customer service to reach out to

Cons: had to add on an exporter to download orders in a certain fashion - this created errors for our internal team

• Reviewed on 2019/08/19
Arts Grant Writer
Consumer Goods, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/25

"Great point of connection from the office to the retail store"

Pros: Shopify POS simplifies the Shopify app for the sake of in-person transactions in a smooth and aesthetically pleasing way. Easy to use for our sales associates and reads well to customers.

Cons: Lacks some of the features (editing and exchanges) that would be useful in-store.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Megan J.
Creative Associate
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/17

"Easy to use interface and makes the workday day go by easily"

Comments: Makes having multiple storefront locations easy by having a uniform look and experience

Pros: I like how easy to use this software is, you could genuinely dive right in and have few questions about how the app works. It makes having multiple store locations easy.

Cons: That everything is connected through Bluetooth... if one thing goes down, my whole system goes down and can take a few minutes to get back running which causes clients to be upset.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/17