Shopify POS Reviews

• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Daniel F.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/10

"I can do the same on Square for FREE"

Pros: Integrates with my Shopify Store (Something Square Cant), great for inventory across online offline, integrates with Epson printers.

Cons: PRICE, Shopify POS is expensive and does not require the price tag when compared to the competition. IT has an app store but those apps addon more price to the monthly fees. Also, the Shopify POS's payment terminal doesn't support TAP which is pretty bad. Switched to Square and never going back.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/10
Megan B.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Highly recommend"

Comments: Overall, I would refer any in person sellers to this software.

Pros: I love this software because it is so easy to deploy and operate. Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.

Cons: There is not anything I would change about this software as of right now. It works great and integrates well.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/09
Brittany V.
VP Sales
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/11

"Big fan of everything Shopify does"

Comments: Great for small businesses.

Pros: They really are a powerhouse. I have always been a fan of Shopify compared to their competitors.
All of their software is smooth and user-friendly. So of course their POS is too. Very easy to setup, great for beginners, small shops, bloggers. Can be completely automated and is easy to setup. I like that they make it easy to integrate with so many different programs and locations. I used Square before Shopify POS and I would say they're comparable in the way they function and look, however, Shopify's offers a lot more integrations and setups. I have always felt secure using this system as well.

Cons: I really don't have any complaints for this software. It does exactly what I need it to do.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/11
Lincey V.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/02

"Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs"

Comments: I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros: Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons: Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/02
Stephanie M.
Inventory Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/26

"Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items"

Pros: When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons: While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/26
Lidia C.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/13

"Great Option for Our Business"

Pros: Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Cons: The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/13
Jessi O.
Boutique owner
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/21

"Satisfied"

Pros: It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons: We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/21
Jennifer J.
Visitor Services Director
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/07

"Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options."

Comments: It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Pros: Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Cons: Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/07
James L.
Operations Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Makes selling items at events super easy!"

Comments: Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pros: I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Cons: It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Alexa R.
Ecommerce and Marketing
Textiles, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/19

"Used for Good Morning America"

Comments: many users on the site at once and not having to worry about the website crashing

Pros: Easy to navigate in the backend; can handle many users on the website at once; great customer service to reach out to

Cons: had to add on an exporter to download orders in a certain fashion - this created errors for our internal team

• Reviewed on 2019/08/19
Kyle G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/07

"Absolute no brainer if you already use shopify"

Pros: Absolute no-brainer if you already use shopify. Hooking up this POS is really easy if you're already on Shopify.

Cons: It doesn't have as robust of features as other POS softwares out there. So make sure you it has everything you need.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/07
Iana L.
content analyst
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/12

"Amazing platform to buy and sell things"

Comments: My overall experience with Shopify POS is a good one

Pros: I love this software because it's a great way to sell staff you have and make this process easy and smooth due to this platform.

Cons: I'd prefer more affordable price and a better layout that's user friendly and time saving, other than that there is nothing I would change.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/12
Ryan W.
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/30

"Essential for shopping in-person"

Pros: If you want to make money on the go, Shopify POS is a must. It lets you advertise and sell your items to people you meet in person.

Cons: You can't view and purchase from your store which would be a cool feature when showing your store to someone.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/30
Martina L.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/27

"Easy and Quick to use"

Comments: Overall, I recommend this application to every business owner, especially if they are doing in person sales. I loved using this.

Pros: I used shopify POS for a pop up shop for my business. It was very easy to use, simple and functioning. Made every sale very very easy.

Cons: The only con I have is not understanding exactly how the tax option works. I wish it wouldve just converted that information directly from the website but it did not. Which was a bit frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/27
Maeva C.
Marketing Assistant
Retail, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/27

"Plenty of features"

Pros: The platform is very easy to customize with plenty of additional plug-ins to adapt it to the type of business you have and offer. The additional features are fairly easy to use.

Cons: I wish Shopify itself offered more features rather than relying on plug-ins so much

• Reviewed on 2020/04/27
Hoyt G.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/25

"It gets the job done"

Comments: Free with shopify and free card reader... so why not? It's really incredible to be able to take your online store on the road with you

• Reviewed on 2017/01/25
Eric L.
landscaper
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/28

"make your shop here"

Pros: Easy & quick to set up a shop, takes a little time looking through products but worth it

Cons: Taking a bit long to find products to sell in my shop, but should be woth it

• Reviewed on 2019/06/28
Patent Draftsman
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/06

"Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception."

Comments: It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pros: VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Cons: If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Marketing Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/02

"Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence"

Pros: I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons: I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/02
Jonathon G.
Clerk
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/28

"POS is right"

Comments: Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pros: It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Cons: The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/28
Pamela A.
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/18

"Excellent E-Commerce Program"

Pros: We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons: We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/18
Aubrey C.
Hygiene Coordinator
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/17

"Easy to use for small business"

Comments: Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.

Pros: I really love using Shopify when I am shopping on small business sites because it is easy to use, has the option for me to put in my email to remember all of my personal information, and saves my credit cards.

Cons: Because this is a very simple software, I don't like how it isn't able to grow with a business. Over time, a business would need to invest in a larger platform.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/17
Lawrence D.
I.T. Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05

"A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform."

Pros: A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Cons: the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/05