TheraPlatform Reviews

by TheraPlatform

• Overall

About TheraPlatform

HIPAA Compliant video conferencing and practice management software

Learn more about TheraPlatform

Psicóloga
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/07

"Excellent, provide a secure and easy-to-use virtual office. Designed for private practice."

Comments: The benefits are diverse, icomplies with HIPAA, is accessible from anywhere, offers greater support to the session, the videos and audio are of high quality, favors the exchange of resources, the applications are interactive, provides integrated reports and among other things, allows to have unlimited client's staff.

Pros: I like the most is that it provides me with a secure and easy-to-use virtual office and that the software is designed for private practice. In addition to that, includes features adapted to the requirements of us psychologists, mental health providers, social workers, doctors, behavioral therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and others. Is an excellent business solution aimed at school districts, recruitment agencies, universities and other institutions that seek to offer online therapy services.

Cons: I like the least is that you have to pay to use it, I wish there could be a downloadable application, I use the software recently, if the application exists, please excuse my comment.

by TheraPlatform on 2018/04/10

Thank you for reviewing TheraPlatform!Our platform is web-based and therefore you don't need to download any application on your computer.

Jazmin R.
Owner, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/13

"Amazing affordable software for mental health providers everything you need all in one place. "

Comments: Customer service is amazing. If you email them they will respond quickly. If you have suggestions they take it into consideration. I know I have ask about certain features and within a few weeks it has been implemented. It seems like they are always working on the software to make it better at an affordable price. They have amazing quick videos to show you how to use software, they are willing to schedule an appointment to help you get started or if you just need that extra support. They also provide useful blogs.
I have tried many software and this has been best one I have liked because everything is in the platform.

Pros: This software is easy, clinician and client friendly. My clients love how easy it is to access telehealth services through the portal. The video conferencing is great and it done right from the portal. It is nice to have access to the whiteboard, share resources and complete notes right in sessions if one wants to. It has different unique features that other software currently does not offer.
The price is affordable for clinicians who are starting out as well as seasonal clinicians.

Cons: Creating your own forms can be troublesome at time, because if you forgot to add something you will have to move it where you want. If you created a yes or no or multi choice question you will have to create it again instead having the option to hit copy and change the question. It would also be nice to have a save button on top of the page and not only the bottom of the page.
For me this is minor, but thought I would share.
I would like if we were able to create waiting room not sure what the clients actually sees when they are waiting. (Some other programs offer that feature).

by TheraPlatform on 2019/06/14

Thank you very much Jazmin for your review and feedback!! We highly appreciate your suggestions!! We do have a waiting room option and plan to add another feature that would allow you to customize it. Thank you again for taking your time to write this review!!!!

• Reviewed on 2019/06/13
Cathy B.
Speech Pathologist
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/19

"TheraPlatform Features"

Comments: I needed an easy to use program that I could learn quickly. TheraPlatform responded immediately when I needed help. The ease of use and all the features were just what I needed.

Pros: When New York approved teletherapy for Preschool students I had to quickly learn how to do it. I ended up choosing TheraPlatform and loved it. It has articulation and language games built in that are so easy to use. It was easy to collect data with them. I was also able to screen share and use my Boom Learning cards. I loved the interactive white board and the fact that I could upload and store my own pdfs and You tube videos. It made switching to teletherapy very easy. Well worth the money.

Cons: I experienced some lag in sound that I had to learn to work around.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/19
Clinical Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/03

"Great Software in Theory"

Comments: Overall, this company attempted to blame the lack of service on the pandemic and increased traffic, but in the FB group, there were former users who and they stated the product function described was no different than before COVID19. I won't even get into how users who were on their 30-day free trial were forced into subscriptions because Theraplatform limited their access to video calls to 2 and all woke up to messages saying they need to pay to continue. I had an issue which they stated they could not duplicate. I went back and duplicated it and video recorded it for them to see. Instead of troubleshooting, they told me to remove the PRIVATE video I shared with them only since their program is proprietary. There was no comment on why their program was not responding appropriately. Also, I paid my subscription immediately since that was the only way to access custom reminders. Two days later I got an email with a coupon from "Virtual Speech Center" which I later found out is a company owned by the makers of Theraplatform. The e-mail provided a referral link (https://www.theraplatform.com/freetrial/JooEr) and a discount to Theraplatform and was encouraging users to have other users join the platform. Here's the issue - when users contacted Theraplatform about the discount code, Theraplatform said the discount is non-existent. What's also troubling is they clearly had issues with their current volume of users. Until there are some major overhauls, I wouldn't waste time

Pros: Great concept! The thought of something that therapists need and the inclusion of apps is unique to a video conferencing product.

Cons: 1. While in sessions the video and audio would go in and out, though all internet connections on both end were adequate. The session would immediately be transferred to another software and everything worked just fine.
2. Email reminders were often sent at incorrect times and also included incorrect meeting information (i.e. It's Tuesday and you schedule a meeting for Thursday, the reminder would say the Tuesday date and a totally different time than what was scheduled -- though on your calendar the scheduled time appears correctly for Thursday).
3. The feature of the attendee clicking a link to join sessions is not accurate; it requires a log in each time.
4. Tech support is THE WORST! No matter the issue, it is always the users error, even when several users are all having the same problem at the same exact time. How do I know? There is a FB group for users created by a user.
5. My clients have reported logging into the session and me not being there, though when I attempt to log in they also are not there. This happened several times in one day so I switched to using another video conferencing completely.
6. Key features on the program do not work at full capacity (i.e. screen share with mouse control) for more than 15 seconds at a time.
7. The customer service is poor. They don't read emails completely and have canned responses which are usually eluding to the user doing something incorrectly.
8. Inconsistent.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/03
Barbara H.
Speech-Language Pathologist/owner
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/07

"I am THRILLED to be able to offer this secure, interactive service delivery option to my families! "

Comments: The convenience and flexibility it offers are wonderful. I work part-time and share an office with a psychologist, so teletherapy allows me to offer a very desirable therapy option to in-office therapy only. The parents love the convenience, and the kids love being able to do everything on the computer! I just love it and hope, in the not too distant future, to move my practice to teletherapy only!

Pros: The convenience is wonderful for clients and their families, as well as for myself. I am able to be more flexible in my scheduling and meet the requirements of after-school and after-work schedules because all I have to do is pop into my home office and here we go! It is SO cool and everyone loves it!

Cons: It seems to be VERY sensitive to the client's wifi strength. My signal is strong, but there is variability in the strength of my clients' signals and we sometimes lose the connection multiple times per session and/or the client can't see the apps, whiteboard, etc. on their side.

by TheraPlatform on 2018/04/10

Thank you Barbara for your feedback! We recommend 3 Mbps internet connection speed but our platform runs on lower connections as well. It seems like your client might experience some interruptions to internet connection. I will ask our tech support to reach out to you to give you some tips.

Cheryl P.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/16

"Borderline Scam"

Comments: No refunds or pro-rating, despite realizing within the first day of user traffic that TheraPlatform is unable to perform properly, and also, that customer service will not offer support nor acknowledge their issues with their own system.

Pros: Marketed features ideal for therapy setting

Cons: Customer service (for me and countless other SLPs in listservs, private groups, etc) states that all issues are user issues rather than network/platform issues. I provided a screenshot of one error message that clearly stated a TheraPlatform network issue and the company responded hours later (no immediate assistance) that it was my PC. It is not. This is constant. I have to signout and back in and troubleshoot for nearly every session. It appears unprofessional to pts. All other websites operate quickly and effectively. Zoom operates well. We have business grade internet and bandwidth and are hardwired into the internet with a newer model PC. It is Every. Single. Session. Either patient video lags or the video feature continues playing for the patient despite me ending it or I receive a message that the TheraPlatform network had a connection issue or screenshare fails (this is CONSTANT) or sessions are dropped completely.... the list goes on. Yet TheraPlatform denies all issues, and I have heard similar feedback from other providers. As an indiv SLP, the expense of Zoom at the HIPAA compliant level Is high; however, $200 is well worth the hours of lost therapy time due to constant technical issues. Be wary. When you sign up, your right to a refund is waived. This is intentional, as they are aware that they have constant glitches and network issues and will provide minimal level of customer support nor work toward the ability to handle the current usage level. Buyer beware.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/16
Marika D.
Mental Health Therapist
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/19

"Amazing Integrated Platform!"

Comments: Very satisfied and excited to be using this platform.

Pros: Theraplatform seems to be one of the few platforms that really is able to do it all. Although a new company, and still improving itself, it has the foundations of taking over the industry. You can do asynchronous chats, video conferencing, add forms and input forms with your client, add progress notes, create your own assessments and treatment plans, and upload attachments into your client's chart. The interactive white board and the ability to do worksheets during sessions with clients is also amazing.

Cons: I wish there was a 24 hour help line for clients so if they have tech problems they can get support. Although customer service responds very quickly, having that one on one interaction can be really helpful for me too as a someone new to the software, and overwhelmed with having to set up an online practice. Also for some reason when editing forms and worksheets, the movement of new boxes from the bottom towards placement at the top of the form is difficult.

by TheraPlatform on 2020/01/20

Thank you very much Marika for your review! We are happy to hear that you find our platform useful. You can request one on one with us as well. We offer both video and phone one-on one meetings. You can request these via our build in help.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/19
Karen L.
SLP
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/31

"Too Many Glitches, Not Enough Support"

Comments: Very poor. I signed up for the ProPlus plan, hoping my office and co-workers could utilize what is advertised to be a HIPAA compliant, apps included, games included only therapy platform. So much of the advertised features did not work and the support was poor. I was charged a large amount of money and did not receive the services or support. I strongly recommend other platforms - this is not the only HIPAA compliant tele therapy platform.

Pros: Theraplatform has a great calendar, it's easy to include forms (such as consent for tele therapy, and other customizable forms), many of the organization features are excellent and easy to use.

Cons: Once connected to the internet and attempting to have client sessions, there were numerous glitches. The built-in apps were great but rarely worked or they worked for a short time then would disappear. The screen share feature never worked. After ten days of multiple emails and no ability to call or chat with someone about my specific issues, I was offered a 15-minute tech session. When I asked for my money back because the situation was never resolved, Theraplatform said they did not offer refunds and have not responded to my requests for additional information.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/31
Jennifer M.
Occupational therapist/clinic owner
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT"

Comments: If I had more time to investigate or consider doing telehealth long term I’d switch to a different platform

Pros: The features that Theraplatform offer like white board, ability to upload lessons are great but the system is so glitchy that I can’t rely on it.

Cons: First the free trial was a scam- on April 1 100’s of therapists were sent a notification the free trial was ending despite it being 30 day trial- I had 21 days left. Nowhere could I find the fine print of the free trial limitations. Since it was COVID I upgraded despite the glitches. I sent concerns to customer care for glitch issues with no response. Since telehealth has 1000’s of therapists in several FB groups my experience was super consistent with the majority.
Cons-
- no phone number for customer support only a help button in which they respond maybe in 24 hours. Umm that’s 1-2 days of lost pay in some cases
- clients logging in but the therapist is never given a ‘wait room notice’ happened twice.
- white board freezes, videos uploaded freeze, can’t log in, grainy video and sound, all glitches that have happened more than once in 3 weeks and no response to customer support or unhelpful responses like that a screen shot- ummm it took you 12 hours to respond I can’t go back in time OR it’s working fine now ( no kidding it’s 9 pm at night and the system has very limited usage).

Maryann L.
Clinical Social Worker
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/27

"Took the Plunge!"

Comments: For me, it was all about being HIPAA compliant!

Pros: I have been studying telebehavioral health and knew I needed to find a HIPAA compliant product for video sessions. I read other reviews which were quite positive, and I also found TheraPlatform's customer service to be excellent! My questions were answered quickly and clearly, and the person who helped me (Beata) was friendly, helpful and courteous. I feel confident that I am using a great product as well as working ethically with my clients.

Cons: I signed up for the Basic Plan, as I am just starting out with video sessions, and it is all a bit overwhelming. I am not so techno-saavy so I wanted to start out slowly. There is more in the upper level plans than I need at this point. So I am glad for the Basic Plan at this point!

by TheraPlatform on 2019/08/01

Thank you very much MaryAnn for reviewing TheraPlatform! We are happy to hear that it meets your needs and that you found our service to be very helpful. We are lucky to have you as our customer!!!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/27
Nikki M.
Owner / SLP
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/31

"This is by far the best platform for speech therapy!"

Comments: Able to complete teletherapy in the most professional way possible, with ease and simplicity.

Pros: I use a headset and external webcam, and never have technical issues. The audio and video always look and sound great. It is very simple from the client and therapist side. Any time I have provided feedback regarding the the software, it has been taken into consideration and even acted on to improve the platform. Occasionally, if I have been confused about a feature as a new user, I have received timely responses to emails. Live support is always available if needed. Theraplatform does things that other platforms can't (screensharing with audio, storing videos and documents, scheduling).

Cons: I don't have any complaints about this software yet. It has met all of my needs up to this point.

by TheraPlatform on 2018/04/04

Thank you Nikki for taking your time to review TheraPlatform! We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear that it meets all your needs!

David S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/20

"TheraPlatform is the most useful, easy to use platform for telepractice on the marketplace."

Pros: Most companies offering telepractice use "bare bones" software, like Zoom, and therapists are forced to use links to websites or their own materials. TheraPlatform offers specific research-based activities tailored for the needs of various types of clients.

Cons: There are no "cons" that we have discovered about TheraPlatform. We have not yet discovered any disadvantages or things that we don't enjoy about the software.

by TheraPlatform on 2018/06/22

Thank you very much David for your review!!! We are very happy that you enjoy using TheraPlatform!!

• Reviewed on 2018/06/20
Sandy C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/07

"This is the best teletherapy platform, that I have seen, yet!"

Pros: I absolutely loved the fact that the apps were interactive! It helped to keep the client engaged in the therapy process!

Cons: I wasn't able to get the video sharing feature working. I'm not sure why. It may have been because I was on the free trial?

by TheraPlatform on 2018/04/10

Thank you Sandy for reviewing TheraPlatform and we are happy to hear that our interactive apps are helping your clients! To use the screen sharing feature you need to download our screen sharing application. Our tech support will be happy to help you with that.

Louise F.
SLP
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

"Theraplatform"

Pros: The schedule is great. The included apps are useful but no different to what I could find free online

Cons: The screen share asks me to upload the software every couple of days. Often when I am on screen share, the clients screen goes black after a few mins and they can’t see what I am sharing. Everyday I am having to end sessions as clients have disappeared and then wait for them to log back in via email and password. Clients struggle to understand about entering a password. I doubt I will renew my membership after this month.

Becky P.
SLP/oxlwner
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/03

"o enjoy using Theraplatform with my students. "

Pros: It is easy to access. Quick log in and my kids are usually waiting on the waiting room. I like how an email reminder is sent out to the family as well.

Cons: I wish there were more apps and games. I still have not been able to figure out how to insert our logo or worksheets. I would love a feature that tracks design to session items that were used, levels and percentages.

by TheraPlatform on 2018/04/07

Thank you so much for reviewing TheraPlatform! We have over 20 built-in apps but we will add 20 more this year:) We'll be happy to show you how to insert your logo and worksheets!

• Reviewed on 2018/04/03
Laurie M.
Therapy Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/12

"Would not have purchased if I had known the issues"

Comments: I would not purchase again

Pros: It has a lot of great features. It was easy to set up.

Cons: Unfortunately, due to technical issues within we could not access the features. We were constantly having issues maintaining a connection, accessing features and often could not use at all. There is no customer service, no number to call and if you use the email or chat, the response does not address the issue that was sent.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/12
Erica H.
Therapist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/31

"It was my very best option for my small private practice. "

Pros: The software does not require much effort from the clients or the therapist. It is user friendly.

Cons: I have yet to master scheduling groups and having people get back into the right group if they leave the active session. This may be a user issue.

by TheraPlatform on 2018/04/04

Thank you Erica for reviewing TheraPlatform! We are happy to hear that you enjoy using it. We'll be more than happy to schedule a training session with you on how to conduct group therapy.

Valerie P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/07

"STAY AWAY Predatory Business Practices"

Comments: Awful, would never consider or recommend them. Any competitor would be a better option. My advice? Run the other way!

Pros: There are no pros to the TheraPlatform software as compared to its competitors.

Cons: Predatory business practices, such as refusing to issue refunds, even during a worldwide pandemic which has upended people’s income and hiding the option to cancel a monthly plan thus making it very difficult for users - or even people who got suckered into a monthly a plan and never actually USED the software, like me - to avoid recurring monthly charges.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/07