• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,8 /5
    4,5 /5

About Gmail

Cloud-based solution that enables businesses to send, receive, organize, translate and schedule emails across multiple user accounts.

Learn more about Gmail

Showing 4 736 reviews

Cushi M.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/15

"An easy to use, pleasantly designed email experience"

Comments: Overall, Gmail is a very useful tool that has become an essential part of my workflow. I enjoy it, and will continue to use it as long as it continues to grow and evolve with my personal and business needs.

Pros: What I love most about Gmail is the ease of use. Thanks to a simply designed UI, it is extremely intuitive and natural to compose emails, create filters and labels, and organize messages. I have been using Gmail for over 10 years now and having tried other products in the past and being unsatisfied with them, it is highly unlikely that I will switch. Gmail recently added an option to schedule message sending which is great. As an entrepreneur, sometimes the middle of the night is the best time for getting back to emails. Scheduling allows me to get work done and still be respectful of other people's time and boundaries.

Cons: What I like the least about Gmail is that there isn't an easy, intuitive way to create an email signature. The settings can also feel rather complicated at times and are not as easy to read as the rest of the software.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/15
Rafet A.
My frequently used official communication tool
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/31

"My frequently used official communication tool"

Comments: I strongly recommend you this software for your office or other purposes. Gmail is a must for students as well as employees and common people. Without Gmail, you can never access many opportunities. This is a very user-friendly, easy-to-use, and modern tool.

Pros: Gmail is the most used communication software in our day to life. We use Gmail not only for official purposes but also for other contacts. It provides you a wide variety of services at a lower cost but you can also use the free version of Gmail too. Gmail is a very easy-to-use, convenient, and secured software for file sharing, official contacts, and communications. You can send mails to many participants at a time without knowing who are you mailing or let them not know! For this, there is a future known- bcc or Cc. While communicating with Gmail for official purposes it gives you a corporate feel. Not only this, If you want to open a social account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and many others software you required a Gmail account. If you are an employee or a student you must have a Gmail account to communicate or you can not access your institute too. Moreover, Gmail also provides a wide space to storage your messaging details, files, images, etc.

Cons: I do not have any issues with Gmail. So far this is very convenient and providing better services.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/31
Austin Z.
Creator
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/25

"Gmail Is The Best Email Service Ever"

Comments: My overall experience is outstanding. I use Gmail everyday, which made me have a ton of experience in it. In my eyes, I can see Gmail growing rapidly everyday, and more and more people are going to use Gmail and switch from other email providers.

Pros: I love how with Gmail, you can send and receive unlimited emails. It is also very easy to send an email out, especially with an attachment or linked text. I would 100% recommend this to a friend.

Cons: I don't like how sometimes, it may take up to 48 hours to receive an email. However, I do understand that a ton of people use Gmail, and that Gmail has to manage a ton of emails daily. So I do forgive them when I receive an email 1 day late than when I was supposed to receive it.

Looloo A.
Outreach & Recruitment Specialist
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/14

"User Friendly for Many Ages"

Comments: I love the user friendly setting that it has in comparison to Outlook. I like how the Google Drive is connected to it and how I don't have to take 4+ clicks to get to my drive like I have to do in Microsoft, yes I have multiple emails.

Pros: What I really enjoy about gmail is that it is often user friendly when I am instructing students on how to check emails via their phone. I am constantly reminding students to check their emails from their counselors or myself that have important information. Sometimes with the many layers of emails, I have found tips to help students find emails directly from me.

Cons: What I wish gmail had was a mail merge setting similar to Microsoft where I can send mass individualized emails to students.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/14
Shahila A.
Business Development Manager
Financial Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/01

"Really good in managing personal and business email"

Comments: Gmail account is easy to create and to manage. I have use it for more than 5 years and never has a problem with it. From the account, i can access to all other software under Google without having to signup for all the software separately.

Pros: Using Gmail to managing all my emails is really easy and they don't make it difficult to do it unlike other email manager software. They don't charge you for using it for personal use. The free storage that they provide for storing and archiving the email is quite large, and i have never running out of space with it.

Cons: Since i use multiple gmail account for my personal and business use, i need to actively switching between the account and Gmail don't provide and easy way to do it. It will opened a new tab for the other account and it will slowing down and consume so much of my computer RAM resource. They should improve to a new way to do it.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/01
Associate Director of Foundation Relations
Higher Education, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/13

"17 Years Later, Still the King of the Email Clients"

Comments: Gmail is the best email client I have ever used and has never been bested in the past 17 years. It lets me do everything I want and their gentle feature overhauls (additions and subtractions) over the years have never messed up the core functionality.

Pros: Gmail's features, interface, and functionality are second to none. It's searching, composing, plug-in capabilities, spam-filtering and more all place it in a class of its own. Who would have thought in 2004, that the biggest innovation in email would come from just storing it all in the inbox and leveraging the power of search to find what you're looking for. What's more, the ability to manage all of my various email accounts from within the Gmail architecture means I never have to open or engage with a lesser email client. On top of all that, it's free. I don't know how paid email clients survive when Gmail is in the game.

Cons: Gmail is one of the few products I use where I basically have no complaints. Some of the tagging and categorizing is a bit clunky, but it more than makes up for it with its lightning-fast search and intuitive functionality.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/13
Melissa (misi) S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"Just Works"

Comments: Overall Gmail was easy to set up and use. I now have multiple accounts both personal and business that I use every day.

Pros: It's just simple and easy to use. I love that I can connect it to my own email program. I have used Mac Mail in the past and currently use Spark email. It connects easily and syncs really well. I also like that it links to Google Docs and Calendar. I like keeping so much of my info in one place.

Cons: I don't love the look/feel of gmail, but since I connect it to my own email software that isn't really much of an issue for me.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Lauren S.
Sales Associate
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/20

"Go For Gmail"

Comments: Overall, I have never had a bad experience with Gmail. It is very secure, I have used it for almost 7 years now, and I will stay a consumer! My experience with Gmail has been great!

Pros: I have been using Gmail for years now and will continue to use it! The platform is extremely easy to use. So easy that the majority of my family and extended family has their own account. What this software does that some don’t is allow you to set your preferences to the max! Even changing your background color to your own preference.

Cons: Spam emails are caught the majority of the time and you’re able to empty or create folders extremely quickly. I don’t have anything bad to say about this software and will continue to recommend it!

• Reviewed on 2021/05/20
Shayna W.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/10

"I Hardly Remember Life Before Gmail"

Comments: Gmail fixed all of my email problems and has been a workhorse from day 1. I've used it as a student, a teacher, a business owner, an employee, and in a myriad of other roles. It is accessible whenever I travel, is user friendly, and is certainly a massive value. I am 100% pleased with my Gmail experience and can't imagine changing to another platform for any (currently known) reason.

Pros: After owning several businesses, changing corporate jobs, and living through the early email platforms, I was tired of losing email identities that I relied upon, files that I had saved, or storage that I didn't want to sacrifice. I switched permanently to Google in grad school and have dramatically reduced my email drama. The ability to easily organize emails is great and I love that I am able to keep important messages basically forever. I work with international families, and Gmail has been an easy tool for communication as it is recognized worldwide. It interfaces with practically every software, and the antispam features seem to be dramatically improved since I first started using gmail accounts. It's simply utilitarian, efficient, and free. I don't know why I would ever switch.

Cons: There really isn't anything I like least, except that I suppose I get irritable when they update the look or features. When you use it 100 times each day (probably a lot more), you get comfortable with the layout and look, so I always hope that any changes made are absolutely necessary.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/10
Tiffany A.
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/10

"A great choice for your email provider"

Comments: My experience with Gmail has been great. Email is easy to access and to sort. Most spam email is automatically sent to my spam folder. Also, it's available as a mobile app, so I can read and send emails on the go as well.

Pros: The layout and interface of Gmail, makes it easy to navigate. You can easily access different types of email, as Gmail has different folders, e.g. Inbox, Promotions, Spam, etc. It's also great at filtering out Spam mail and keeping it out of my inbox. I can also mark certain conversations as important. When I receive an important email, it is clearly marked in my inbox and will never be sent to Spam.

Cons: The only thing I don't like is, that the only way to get more storage on Gmail is that you have to pay a montly fee for it.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/10
Karvin W.
Telecommunications, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/13

"Google G-Mail User/Administrator"

Comments: My overall experience with Gmail, This product is very very very easy to use.

Pros: This product is easy to use, especially google suites has made my daily job 10x easier.

Cons: The product doesn’t play very well with Microsoft, But it just depends on what Microsoft application I might use.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/13
Gabriella N.
Process Design Engineer and CEO
Mining & Metals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"A reliable and free mailbox provider for personal use and with options for business use"

Comments: I have used Gmail for over five years including Gsuite, it's a great program that works well on its own and with other programs.

Pros: A reliable and free mailbox provider for personal use and with options for business use Gmail is very reliable, I am certain that my mail and attachments arrive in a timely manner. I have not had to worry about my mail not arriving or arriving late. I initially switched from Gmail as a business mailbox provider because at the time there was no option for having a custom domain email address at no cost.
At present this is possible by using external programs with Gmail settings. With this option, you are able to add a lot of mailboxes and use the "send mail as" option that Gmail has. This is a great option that I have at times opted for especially when it's situations where security is not too much of a concern.
As a personal mailbox, it's great, there is free 15 GB storage across Gmail, Drive, and Google+ Photos. The option to switch between different accounts and mailboxes without having to log in and out which was added a few years ago has been a game-changer. It makes work so much easier with less admin.

Cons: It's not ideal that it does not have a free option to add a custom domain, and that to be able to do I might have to compromise security by using a third party. It would be nice if they had this option that could be limited to only a few mailboxes like other mailbox providers.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
Ciara G.
Consultant
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/31

"Best service for ALL email needs"

Comments: Gmail helps to provide clear communication to team members.

Pros: Software is simple and easy to use with a lot of options to meet diverse communication needs. Many other agencies also uses gmail so communication doesn't have to be "manipulated" in order to fluidly with others.

Cons: Some features are at the discretion of the company on whether they will continue to offer any special features whether you like it or not. Limited data privacy that results in receiving tailored ads.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/31
Habibah M.
Information Technology Support Assistant
Telecommunications, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/11

"The best apps for me to manage email"

Comments: To be honest, Gmail is the easiest for email management software that i have ever try and that is the reason i have stick with this software for so many years. The software is always ready to be use and i have never experience any downtime with this software.

Pros: I really like that i do not have to download and installing any software to my computer to start using the Gmail. It is readily available to be access from the web browser and very quick in loading the web page. This software also will sending me an email alert if the email that i am sending has error in the recipient email address so i will know if the email is not delivered.

Cons: One of the cons with this email manager software is, there are size limitation for the attachment that can be uploaded and the size is quite small. It will uploading the file to my google drive if the files exceeding the maximum size allowed. I also need to manually tick and choose all the files that i want to delete.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/11
Nequazanteria C.
mcdonalds staff member
Food & Beverages, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/12

"Easy Email Service"

Comments: Gmail has helped me come into contact with my bank, job opportunities, and college scholarships. It has been my main source of contact in relations to my business life. I honestly could not function without it.

Pros: Gmail has honestly been a great help to me. I have used this form of email since the beginning of high school and i have been stuck on it every since. The format is easy to use and the customer support is very responsive and helpful. I would highly recommend this email platform.

Cons: Although this is an amazing platform i wish it had a way to put message alerts on certain emails that I find highly important. I also dislike the fact that many of important emails go into the spam category sometimes.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/12
Natalie B.
Performer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/25

"The only email service I will ever use"

Comments: Gmail has made my business life so much more organized. I've been able to keep things filed in folders and easily accessible so I always know exactly where they are. Also, just keeping my schedules all aligned from personal and business life is the most fantastic thing. I love not having to switch accounts to see all my calendar listings all in one place.

Pros: Ever since I started using Gmail probably about 10 years ago, I've never looked back. I have multiple accounts for personal as well as business. I love how easy it is to keep all my accounts together and toggle between them seamlessly. I love the integration with Google calendar and how I can pull things directly from emails and send them to my calendar. I also love how it automatically filters out social and marketing mail to keep my main inbox more streamlined and less filled with ads and Facebook notifications. Truly don't think an email service could fit me better.

Cons: Sometimes it's hard to search for certain things but that's usually because companies have multiple emails and don't keep things easy to search which is on them, not Gmail.

Madhu S.
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/10

"The best email service"

Pros: Gmail has so many useful tools. I can't imagine living without it. 1) Excellent search
Gmail is really good at searching through messages. Granted it can take a few attempts, but you can nearly always find the message you are looking for. Other email services don't even come close to providing such good search results.
2) Forward to any email address
Gmail has a built in forwarding option allowing you to forward messages from your gmail address to any other provider. A lot of other web based email services (such as Yahoo and Aol) don't offer this.
3) Manage multiple email addresses
You can connect upto 5 email addresses from other providers. So you can use your Gmail to manage multiple addresses
4) Tags
Gmail does away with files and folders and allows you to tag messages which makes them much easier to find them later.
5) Automated filters
Gmail has an excellent filter which can perform automated actions on messages such as forwarding them to another address or tagging them.
6) Undo send
Sent a message by mistake? Just tap the undo button bring it back
7) Never forget an attachment
If the text of your message mentions that you are including an attachment, Gmail will display an alert if you forget to attach it before sending it.
8) Inbox by Gmail
Inbox is a new interface for power users. It makes it very easy to sort through multiple messages.

Cons: Inbox and Gmail both have different features that the other don't. So I have to keep on switching between them. It would be nice if Google put all of Gmail's features into Inbox so I could just use one interface.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/10
Eizhele angela G.
Teacher
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/25

""Always keep to its promise!""

Comments: Overall Gmail has given me all, the easiest and most convenient features in emailing services. That find it fulfilling in my daily works. It keeps me updated and on track at all times. It might not be perfect, but it holds its promise in giving great features for the user to enjoy. And because it updates all the time like most of the apps, we're in for surprises!

Pros: As you get and send messages, the messages are consequently assembled by the headline, regardless to the age of the content. As somebody answers to you, Gmail consequently raises all past related directives for your reference in a fell vertical string. This helpfully audit what has been talked about previously, and save you the time of looking through organizers that have you composed a month back. This element is totally priceless to coordinators, group administrators, advertising, experts, and any individual who speaks with numerous individuals and necessities to keep track of the important details of every discussion. Furthermore, with these tabs your emails are categorized depending on the content or subject of the conversation. It categorizes your inbox such as social media, billings, websites and campaigns. Also, it has spam filters that exclude unwanted or unknown emails that your not have permission to. With these features it avoids clutter in your inbox. Another thing that adds to the positive points of this app. It's easy to navigate. For the beginners they can learn their way in no time. All the tabs and buttons are there to see in a simple and organize way. The names of each tab pop up whenever your pointer touches it, so that the users can never be confused and lost to what "is" that button do.

Cons: With the hype and popularity of this application. However, it also has its downside. Unlike other new application that caters bigger screen to write their messages. Gmail has limited space which for me as a user I find difficulty in reviewing my composed messages, especially if it's long, you have to scroll it down to see it all. Moreover, when it comes to sending attachments such as docs, excel, pictures and etc. It has its own limitations. You can send several files in one email, but only small files. Bigger that 25 MB is not allowed, but rather the Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link instead which is a bit of a hassle.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/25
Kyle H.
Student
Construction, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/23

"Why gmail became my preferred email account"

Comments: My experience has been amazing as Gmail has provided me with an integrated workspace which increases my productivity. Gmail is in my opinion the leader of the pack.

Pros: As email is my main channel for communicating with business associates and clients, gmail provides me with all the tools and features I need to stay organized and be productive. My gmail calendar allows me to keep track of my appointments which is essential for me as I have multiple engagements daily. Other features that I use are google keep, hangouts and meetings. I love the fact that the interface can be customized to fit my personality while displaying all the features conveniently on the screen. My Gmail experience has been wonderful thus far as it provides useful features on a very user friendly interface.

Cons: As simplicity and user friendliness are the two most important elements to me, I am pleased with what Gmail offers. I am just excited to see what feature gets added next.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/23
Mike F.
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/30

"The King of The Email Castle"

Comments: My typical day-to-day business does not include sharing of any personal, private or confidential data, so using Gmail to manage my personal and business email accounts allows me to save time and money, keeping all of my correspondence under one roof. I love being able to change the theme and customize display panel so it's useful and effective for my needs.

Pros: Gmail is so easy to use, customize, and organize your inbox. I have segmented all of my correspondence by type, along with folders and subfolders to further organize and keep track of every facet of life. Additionally, it's compatible with a variety of tools, widgets and apps that limitlessly expand it's potential uses. I've been using gmail for years now, and I'll never switch.

Cons: There are well documented concerns about Gmail's security. As with many free, open source platforms, you are assuming additional risk that the content and protection of the information your are sending/receiving, are at a significantly higher risk than other paid platforms. I also don't like how I often run out of storage, and need to purchase more.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/30
Anamta F.
Student
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/27

"Gmail, a name to Connect."

Comments: I love to use Gmail because of its features and friendly environment.

Pros: Gmail is the most useful software I found when I entered university and in my professional life. It is a way to connect professionally with people. There are other communication devices but the most professional is Gmail. Above simple connections, it is a way to connect with unknown peoples for the sake of promotions as usually when we log in to the website we get a confirmation mail on Gmail and other notifications are sent to our Gmail id to let us know the changes around the world. It has so many features. It enables us to send even heavy files which can not be sent directly because of file size. One key benefit that Gmail provides is its large storage space which enables you to store as much data as you can. There is no need to delete previous emails to accommodate new mails. It provides around 25 GB of space which is more than enough. Another thing is as it is linked with the internet so you can access it anywhere just you need is an internet connection and a device to log in and you can easily check, end, receive emails irrespective of the place where you are. You can track your mails either the recipient has read them or not as we do in WhatsApp and Facebook. Also, it gives you access to change the setting according to your desire it could be privacy, security, or even you can increase or decrease the time of undo which I found very relative to me and I tweaked the settings according to my desires.

Cons: As Gmail has been used by millions of people so now it's difficult to get your desired user name. You have to select the closest matched username of your desire which is available but it does not make any mess, one can go with the provided username as the work does not depend upon the username, and when we look for some exciting features so we have to sacrifice something but in return, we are getting exciting features of Gmail so good to go.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/27
Sheikh sakib ishrak S.
Associate Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/26

"Reliable email service"

Comments: For a google workspace user, Gmail can be the best fit for the email service of choice. But also in general, Gmail has been the most reliable widely used email service and is packed with all basic functionalities.

Pros: The spam protection works well. Attachments are scanned for security reasons, which takes away some worries. Free users will have enough cloud storage for the basic needs. Gmail has proper integration with all other google and workspace products. Together they allow a high degree of productivity and fluid transition among each other.

Cons: Mobile client lacks many features, including saved digital signatures, themes, auto custom response, and shortcuts. Desktop clients for all platforms would be appreciated. Customer support is subpar. Continuous replies in a mail thread can sometimes look messy. Email categorizing system can be improved.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/26
Nabila B.
Human Resources Manager
Investment Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/17

"Gmail is my primary platform for managing email"

Comments: Gmail has facilitated my communication with my bank, work prospects, and college scholarship opportunities. This has been my primary point of touch in my professional life. Without it, I just couldn't work.

Pros: Gmail has been a tremendous support to me. I've been using this kind of email ever since the beginning of my internship, and I've never looked back. The format is simple to use, and customer service is quick to respond and helpful. The software is simple, easy and intuitive to use, with several solutions to satisfy a wide range of collaboration requirements. Many other organizations have Gmail as well, but contact shouldn't have to be "tricked" to work with anyone. I highly recommend this email platform.

Cons: While this is a fantastic forum, I wish there was a way to add message updates to specific emails that I consider essential. I'm not too fond of the fact that so many valuable emails end up in the spam folder. Some functionality is at the company's discretion as to whether or not they can continue to sell them, whether you want them or not. As a result of the lack of data protection, you'll be bombarded with advertising email that are specifically targeted at you.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/17
Christopher W.
Creative Director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/19

"No other alternatives for our business"

Comments: We didn't really want to use Gmail but there are very few alternatives for our business. We use Google Workspace for our company so unfortunately we are king of stuck with Gmail rather than choosing it ourselves. This is mainly due to the fact we we already pay for Gmail storage.

Pros: Integrating our customised business email addresses into Gmail is probably the most useful feature Gmail provides.

Cons: From the start of using Gmail for our business email addresses we constantly get a "something is wrong" alert on our accounts. Formatting doesn't work when cut and pasting other fonts or colours, and the general experience of Gmail is, well, clunky, if that's the word. While it offers lots of custom features it is hard to find out how to use them as the support is just a Google Forum, therefore spending far too long trying to find the right answer. Finally the limit to file size attachments is frustrating. As a media company I send large attachments and after surpassing the 25mb limit a link is then provided to the other remailing attachments. I'm then going back and reducing file sizes as it doesn't look professional in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/19
Mark senyo A.
Head of Department
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/28

"makes you twice more efficient at communication, and tracking important updates"

Comments: Gmail has helped me a whole lot. With it's integration with google calendar, I am able to keep a tab on important events and quickly send out mails if I need to. This has been particularly helpful in overseeing timelines with my teams.

Pros: I like that it has a lot of varied options for customizing my inbox and the appearance or order of my inbox. From choosing which emails should appear at the top to the options for categorizing emails, gmail's custom options help make me and my team very efficient. When it comes to specific features, the conversation view has been one of my favorite ones. Allowing me to easily read through and catch up on updates I might have missed while I was away.

Cons: The very efficient integration across Google's other services can be inconvenient. Sometimes, when I sign visit youtube and Google Search Engine website with my official work gmail account open, it automatically logs me in on the work account and saves my querries and web history under it; which can be problematic. I would prefer if I were prompted when i visit these other affiliated websites to choose which of my accounts I wanted to access it under.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/28