• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,8 /5
    4,5 /5

About Gmail

Cloud-based solution that enables businesses to send, receive, organize, translate and schedule emails across multiple user accounts.

Learn more about Gmail

Showing 3 729 reviews

Melissa (misi) S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"Just Works"

Comments: Overall Gmail was easy to set up and use. I now have multiple accounts both personal and business that I use every day.

Pros: It's just simple and easy to use. I love that I can connect it to my own email program. I have used Mac Mail in the past and currently use Spark email. It connects easily and syncs really well. I also like that it links to Google Docs and Calendar. I like keeping so much of my info in one place.

Cons: I don't love the look/feel of gmail, but since I connect it to my own email software that isn't really much of an issue for me.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Eizhele angela G.
Teacher
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/25

""Always keep to its promise!""

Comments: Overall Gmail has given me all, the easiest and most convenient features in emailing services. That find it fulfilling in my daily works. It keeps me updated and on track at all times. It might not be perfect, but it holds its promise in giving great features for the user to enjoy. And because it updates all the time like most of the apps, we're in for surprises!

Pros: As you get and send messages, the messages are consequently assembled by the headline, regardless to the age of the content. As somebody answers to you, Gmail consequently raises all past related directives for your reference in a fell vertical string. This helpfully audit what has been talked about previously, and save you the time of looking through organizers that have you composed a month back. This element is totally priceless to coordinators, group administrators, advertising, experts, and any individual who speaks with numerous individuals and necessities to keep track of the important details of every discussion. Furthermore, with these tabs your emails are categorized depending on the content or subject of the conversation. It categorizes your inbox such as social media, billings, websites and campaigns. Also, it has spam filters that exclude unwanted or unknown emails that your not have permission to. With these features it avoids clutter in your inbox. Another thing that adds to the positive points of this app. It's easy to navigate. For the beginners they can learn their way in no time. All the tabs and buttons are there to see in a simple and organize way. The names of each tab pop up whenever your pointer touches it, so that the users can never be confused and lost to what "is" that button do.

Cons: With the hype and popularity of this application. However, it also has its downside. Unlike other new application that caters bigger screen to write their messages. Gmail has limited space which for me as a user I find difficulty in reviewing my composed messages, especially if it's long, you have to scroll it down to see it all. Moreover, when it comes to sending attachments such as docs, excel, pictures and etc. It has its own limitations. You can send several files in one email, but only small files. Bigger that 25 MB is not allowed, but rather the Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link instead which is a bit of a hassle.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/25
Madhu S.
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/10

"The best email service"

Pros: Gmail has so many useful tools. I can't imagine living without it. 1) Excellent search
Gmail is really good at searching through messages. Granted it can take a few attempts, but you can nearly always find the message you are looking for. Other email services don't even come close to providing such good search results.
2) Forward to any email address
Gmail has a built in forwarding option allowing you to forward messages from your gmail address to any other provider. A lot of other web based email services (such as Yahoo and Aol) don't offer this.
3) Manage multiple email addresses
You can connect upto 5 email addresses from other providers. So you can use your Gmail to manage multiple addresses
4) Tags
Gmail does away with files and folders and allows you to tag messages which makes them much easier to find them later.
5) Automated filters
Gmail has an excellent filter which can perform automated actions on messages such as forwarding them to another address or tagging them.
6) Undo send
Sent a message by mistake? Just tap the undo button bring it back
7) Never forget an attachment
If the text of your message mentions that you are including an attachment, Gmail will display an alert if you forget to attach it before sending it.
8) Inbox by Gmail
Inbox is a new interface for power users. It makes it very easy to sort through multiple messages.

Cons: Inbox and Gmail both have different features that the other don't. So I have to keep on switching between them. It would be nice if Google put all of Gmail's features into Inbox so I could just use one interface.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/10
Nequazanteria C.
mcdonalds staff member
Food & Beverages, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/12

"Easy Email Service"

Comments: Gmail has helped me come into contact with my bank, job opportunities, and college scholarships. It has been my main source of contact in relations to my business life. I honestly could not function without it.

Pros: Gmail has honestly been a great help to me. I have used this form of email since the beginning of high school and i have been stuck on it every since. The format is easy to use and the customer support is very responsive and helpful. I would highly recommend this email platform.

Cons: Although this is an amazing platform i wish it had a way to put message alerts on certain emails that I find highly important. I also dislike the fact that many of important emails go into the spam category sometimes.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/12
Ciara G.
Consultant
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/31

"Best service for ALL email needs"

Comments: Gmail helps to provide clear communication to team members.

Pros: Software is simple and easy to use with a lot of options to meet diverse communication needs. Many other agencies also uses gmail so communication doesn't have to be "manipulated" in order to fluidly with others.

Cons: Some features are at the discretion of the company on whether they will continue to offer any special features whether you like it or not. Limited data privacy that results in receiving tailored ads.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/31
Gabriella N.
Process Design Engineer and CEO
Mining & Metals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"A reliable and free mailbox provider for personal use and with options for business use"

Comments: I have used Gmail for over five years including Gsuite, it's a great program that works well on its own and with other programs.

Pros: A reliable and free mailbox provider for personal use and with options for business use Gmail is very reliable, I am certain that my mail and attachments arrive in a timely manner. I have not had to worry about my mail not arriving or arriving late. I initially switched from Gmail as a business mailbox provider because at the time there was no option for having a custom domain email address at no cost.
At present this is possible by using external programs with Gmail settings. With this option, you are able to add a lot of mailboxes and use the "send mail as" option that Gmail has. This is a great option that I have at times opted for especially when it's situations where security is not too much of a concern.
As a personal mailbox, it's great, there is free 15 GB storage across Gmail, Drive, and Google+ Photos. The option to switch between different accounts and mailboxes without having to log in and out which was added a few years ago has been a game-changer. It makes work so much easier with less admin.

Cons: It's not ideal that it does not have a free option to add a custom domain, and that to be able to do I might have to compromise security by using a third party. It would be nice if they had this option that could be limited to only a few mailboxes like other mailbox providers.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
Karvin W.
Telecommunications, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/13

"Google G-Mail User/Administrator"

Comments: My overall experience with Gmail, This product is very very very easy to use.

Pros: This product is easy to use, especially google suites has made my daily job 10x easier.

Cons: The product doesn’t play very well with Microsoft, But it just depends on what Microsoft application I might use.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/13
Shayna W.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/10

"I Hardly Remember Life Before Gmail"

Comments: Gmail fixed all of my email problems and has been a workhorse from day 1. I've used it as a student, a teacher, a business owner, an employee, and in a myriad of other roles. It is accessible whenever I travel, is user friendly, and is certainly a massive value. I am 100% pleased with my Gmail experience and can't imagine changing to another platform for any (currently known) reason.

Pros: After owning several businesses, changing corporate jobs, and living through the early email platforms, I was tired of losing email identities that I relied upon, files that I had saved, or storage that I didn't want to sacrifice. I switched permanently to Google in grad school and have dramatically reduced my email drama. The ability to easily organize emails is great and I love that I am able to keep important messages basically forever. I work with international families, and Gmail has been an easy tool for communication as it is recognized worldwide. It interfaces with practically every software, and the antispam features seem to be dramatically improved since I first started using gmail accounts. It's simply utilitarian, efficient, and free. I don't know why I would ever switch.

Cons: There really isn't anything I like least, except that I suppose I get irritable when they update the look or features. When you use it 100 times each day (probably a lot more), you get comfortable with the layout and look, so I always hope that any changes made are absolutely necessary.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/10
Looloo A.
Outreach & Recruitment Specialist
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/14

"User Friendly for Many Ages"

Comments: I love the user friendly setting that it has in comparison to Outlook. I like how the Google Drive is connected to it and how I don't have to take 4+ clicks to get to my drive like I have to do in Microsoft, yes I have multiple emails.

Pros: What I really enjoy about gmail is that it is often user friendly when I am instructing students on how to check emails via their phone. I am constantly reminding students to check their emails from their counselors or myself that have important information. Sometimes with the many layers of emails, I have found tips to help students find emails directly from me.

Cons: What I wish gmail had was a mail merge setting similar to Microsoft where I can send mass individualized emails to students.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/14
Daniel N.
medic
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/19

"Hotmail what?"

Comments: Excelent. organized, easy to use, clean looking, best security program and the most impressive integration between aps.

Pros: i do think that gmail is the go to app and program for emails. Hotmail lost the race several years ago. Gmail is completely integrated with almost all apps in google store, play store and i store. The amount of accessibility in gmail is unprecedented. I have to do for Microsoft. It detected it instantly and every time there is a meeting i get a button that lets me add it to my daily plan in to do. Besides this you can add multiple emails in the same app, for example using your work and personal account. The user friendly interface lets you write your emails in a breeze. One of the things i like the most is the security. All emails come previously scanned for viruses, and it raises a threat if someone tries to open your email on another place. I do believe that this app has to be used by any person that would like a safe ready to use email program

Cons: The compute program can get a little messy. i do believe that the cellphone app is really clean looking (now with integrated black mode) easier to use and doesn't tries to put lots of information inside a screen. Besides that, this is my go to email account almost more than 5 years

• Reviewed on 2020/06/19
Omer S.
SEO Content Writer
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/23

"We all know that Gmail is the best option for Email"

Comments: Very nice, fast, free and secure to use. But still can improve more. They added the google hangouts feature but the issue is that email reaches so late if someone contacts on google hangouts. I mean notifications process is slow and sometimes I miss important messages from clients.

Pros: It is one of the best quality services offered for free for Google users. Gmail installed better quality, faster and more secure email accounts, they go through better email spam checks and offers other options to facilitate the user. Still, they are trying to make the service even better. They categorize the emails as per their category which makes the emails easier to find and organize.

Cons: Sometimes we don't have much time to read every email we just open the most important emails and ignore the others. The junk emails pile up and create such a mess. So sad that there is no bulk email delete option in Gmail you can delete a limited amount of emails at a time. This takes so much time. After deleting one-page next page loads and again we have to delete emails on that page to go to next page to delete more. This needs improvement. The second problem is when sending a large email to multiple receivers Gmail start to lag a lot and sometimes it can't deliver the email to the recipient.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/23
Olwethu S.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/22

"Simplicity with Gmail."

Comments: Gmail makes our email life easy . Google deserves a 5 star for developing such an amazing software and it is a pleasure working on it everyday. It has improved my working standards. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a reliable email service.

Pros: Gmail is one of my favorite software firstly because it is developed by a company that I trust most which is Google. It's easy to signup with them anyone can do it even a non-technical person like me . The best thing about Gmail is that it is free anyone can access the email service immediately after signing up. Their user interface is simple to use. Gmail is well designed and easy to navigate . I can easily compose, send and view my incoming emails in my inbox. Gmail has a fresh feel.

Cons: It's not easy to complain about a service that is free of charge and have many great features. Gmail is very addictive I found myself spending way too much time using it. It has a lot of distracting features like Gmail chatroom where I chat with my friend and end up losing track of time.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/22
Jacob M.
Nursing Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/28

"Better than other Online Mailing Platforms"

Comments: My life is so much more organized with Gmail. I can quickly send and reply to emails with ease compared to other platforms. Additionally, I enjoy using the recommended responses. It saves me time and energy when working.

Pros: Compared to other mailing platforms such as Mail (apple), Yahoo Mail, and outlook, Gmail has by far been the easiest platform to use. I like the simplicity of the platform, as well as its ability to seamlessly work with other google offerings. The ecosystem is amazing!

Cons: Occasionally, it can e difficult to navigate the Gmail settings between devises (specifically in regards to notifications), but with time, I was able to navigate it easily.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/28
Nathan L.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/20

"Solid Email Service"

Comments: No problems. It is a sinch to set up and use. It is easy to get on your phone or any device and will have you recieving and sending email instantly. It does it's job remarkably well.

Pros: Google is a giant, and like most giants, many other companies cater to their service. There are a ton of integrations and logins that can be streamlined through your gmail/google account. They also have a large budget for usability testing and it shows.

Cons: Setting up folders or changing the names of folders can be a pain. All the settings are a bit jumbled and hidden in the settings tab so customization requires a learning curve.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/20
Venus G.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/12

"Gmail is surely the best"

Comments: Gmail as far as emailing is concerned has helped me for more than 7 years, it has satisfied all my needs. Also once I recieved a threatning email in which the hacker was saying that he had all my passwords and account, I immediately reported it to the customer care, who immidiatly responded to the my complaint and solved the problem within 2 days.

Pros: Gmail is the best emailing application available in the market which allows you to easily recieve and send emails in seconds. You can also attach files, documents, photos, etc in just one click. Gmail can be accessed from anywhere in the world on any device, for which you just need an internet connection. For buisnessmen it also has an option called g suite which is specifically for operating buisness.

Cons: Gmail only gives some specific space for mails which is insufficient for some people, also price of extra space is very high. Gmail for mobile doesn't have "select all" option that you cannot delete all the mail's in one go and for me personally that's a big problem. Hacking of Gmail account is problem reported by many people around the globe.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/12
Daniel L.
Student
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees

"Gmail Review"

Pros: I have been using Gmail for over five years and really enjoy the functionality of this product. I think Gmail has everything you need from an email. It emphasizes simplicity without compromising functionality. It can be used across all of your devices and seamlessly transitions documents and mail from your phone, to your laptop, to your tablet. It is incredibly reliable and very fast when it comes to downloading emails, much faster than the Apple email that comes standard with an iPhone. For personal emails I don't think I will ever stray away from Gmail.

Cons: I believe this program is better suited for personal use rather than business use. I find it better for sending casual emails to friends and family, rather than work emails where scheduling and meeting times come into play. I think the scheduling feature of Gmail could be improved both in terms of aesthetic and function. My only other complaint is the search bar in the mobile version sometimes takes a little bit longer to populate results.

Ho'omana nathan H.
Visiting Assistant Professor
Higher Education, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/23

"Gmail is the undefeated king of webmail in my opinion - haven't found anything even close"

Comments: Overall, Gmail makes sending and receiving email super simple, but it also takes into account all the other things we do with email now, like scheduling, sharing documents, collaborating, etc.

Pros: Gmail is super simple to use, integrates beautifully with other Google products (e.g. Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.), and is just an all around enjoyable experience.

Cons: The web interface can look a bit dated sometimes. I prefer the look of Microsoft Outlook, which matches beautifully with their desktop app. But for web use, Gmail is clean and simple. The organization tools (labels instead of folders) also aren't great for Gmail, but I may just be too indoctrinated into the Outlook system.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/23
Jennifer G.
Graphic Designer/Writee
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/25

"Gmail is GREAT!"

Comments: After having several accounts with Yahoo! and AOL and getting locked out of them and the lack of support on those sites I switched to Gmail and have not regretted it since. It’s perfect for running my part time business and communicating with clients.

Pros: I love gmail because it’s so versatile and can be used to sign into so many websites. I love not having to continue to create multiple logins for sites when I can just use the ‘login with Gmail’ feature.

Cons: The only thing I wish gmail had was a way to customize the email a bit more like Yahoo email has, but it’s definitely not a deal breaker at all.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/25
Bailey S.
Campus Recreation Facility Supervisor
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

"consistent and reliable"

Comments: I have been a long time user of gmail and I rarely have issues with it, it provides consistency and is very secure as well.

Pros: Gmail is very easy to use even for beginners. I have had a gmail account for approximately 5 years now and I have never had any issues. Gmail does a good job at sorting junk mail and appropriately sorting it into the junk mail folder. It is very easy to swipe over and view all your mailboxes. One feature I enjoy the most is the ability to search your inbox for keywords or specific senders to quickly find and email.

Cons: I think that it can be hard to sort through everything if you are trying to delete emails. Emails stack up quick and many people with gmail can be drowning in emails. I think one cool feature would be the ability to select all emails at once and throw them away and have them stay in a recently deleted section for 60 days. I also think when you unsubscribe from a sender you should have the option to delete all past emails by them in one click. Just a way to make clearing the clutter easier.

Tony R.
Graphic Designer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/27

"Outstanding E-mail service"

Comments: I've always had the best experience with Gmail. I can send and receive emails safely and securely, in order to maintain productivity in my company. It has proved to be an outstanding resource because it was the only one that suited us.

Pros: The user interface is smooth, easy to navigate and understand. It doesn't take too much time to learn every available function and feature. I love how fast it works between send and receive emails. It also does have the ability to revert sent mail within a maximum of 50 seconds if you ever sent an email to the wrong address and want to revert it back. Another extremely useful thing to mention is that it is part of G-suite, which extremely convenient for integrate with other apps!

Cons: This app sometimes loads email without the attachment pictures or a few seconds minutes to load them. On the mobile devices, there are limited features compare to the web-base app. Another thing I wish Gmail could improve was the internal menu/interfaces for the preferences, the profiles, etc. I don't like the archive option.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/27
Jason J.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/15

"The best email"

Pros: For email I always recommend GMail & Google Suites to my clients. When it comes to email there should never be a single point of failure (like using your own webserver for email) Google has 1000's of data centers around the world and your email is backed up/replicated across the Google Network so there is never a single point of failure. Gmail has incredibly high Deliver-ability rate. unless your a spammer, there is a 100% chance your email will be delivered to other Gmail users. Almost nobody blacklists googles email servers, they are just to big a provider.

Cons: Labels and folders ;-( , I"m old school and love to use folders & nested folders. for example: Accounting/Quickbooks, Accounting/Receipts, etc. While Google does allow you to use folders and nested folders if you use longer file names they often are not fully visible when using filters and drop down boxes to select appropriate folders. I should just bite the bullet and use the archive system with labels but old habits are hard to break ;-)

• Reviewed on 2018/12/15
Maddie C.
Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/05

"Do you like to write ?, Gmail is the Best!"

Comments: During my years of use, I can say that, Gmail is the easiest to use, has no major complications, and has sufficient security measures, to protect our most valuable data, in addition to the task of dividing personal emails of professionals, too, by sending and receiving emails easily. Becoming like this, the best mail today. I highly recommend it!

Pros: Gmail is incredibly elegant and easy to use, its chat function at the bottom is great, the option to highlight important messages is perfect. In general, it is totally reliable to receive and send emails in a secure way, and very simple, it is allowed to use in a professional way in companies that protect in a safe and reliable way, you can say that it is one of the best and that also link your Gmail account to different programs can provide your information if you wish. Consider that it is an excellent email to write and receive valuable information. Use it!

Cons: Sometimes Gmail, it becomes a bit dated; in comparison, the mac mail client is more modern. None of the segmentation tools work. For example; There is no benefit in dividing "social" emails from "promotions." Therefore, I don't use it, I think this would be a point of improvement.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/05
Daine S.
Luke
Accounting, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/09

"Gmail - A Revolutionary Email Provider"

Comments: Gmail has been very reliable with keeping my accounts in order, customer service, order tracking, as well as keep in contact with coworkers and extended family .

Pros: What I lost most about this software is the ease of use. It’s very easy to navigate and find everything you need. Certain features on Gmail definitely outshine other email providers. Such as contact sync, suggested adds, and other parter google apps such as google drive. So much of what Gmail does for free other email providers charge for. I love using this product to keep my accounts in order. Highly recommend.

Cons: I couldn’t think of anything negative to say about the software; However, I do feel as though they should offer more space for free. Fine for the average joe, but if you’re managing multiple accounts it’s better to buy extra space .

• Reviewed on 2020/12/09
Mercedes B.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/25

"Everything In one places"

Comments: You can switch between a number of accounts with ease. I have 3 email accounts my personal, one for my business and a company one for my part time management position. I use each one daily and i can access each one with a click of a button

Pros: Organization. It is quick to navigate. No unnecessary clicks to get to the information i need

Cons: The only issue would be the pop-up ads. The majority of which are of no interest to me.
The deletion process could definitely be less painstaking.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/25
assistant professor
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Most convenient email service"

Comments: I use Gmail for personal and professional services. It is the most convenient email service I have used so far and so I have stuck with it for almost 15 years. It is easy to use, flexible in its user interface and open to most services. I have used around 5 email services before using gmail, and knce I stated using this I was hooked.

Pros: It is extremely easy to use. it is user-friendly and constantly upgrading.

Cons: seggregation of emails, it does have channels for spam and advertising but the segregation is not always correct

• Reviewed on 2021/02/11