• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,8 /5
    4,5 /5

About Gmail

Cloud-based solution that enables businesses to send, receive, organize, translate and schedule emails across multiple user accounts.

Learn more about Gmail

Showing 25 reviews of 3 170

Justin emanuel J.
Full stack software developer
Pharmaceuticals, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Top Teir Number 1 Email Service"

Comments: Gmail is a great easy to use fast quick reliable service .number one in the industry and my favorite provider .

Pros: gmail is my favorite and most used email provided .it has great support and folder structure .easy to use and setup quickly.security is second to none. i recommend gmail to everyone looking for a email service thats quick to set up.

Cons: call times for support can sometimes take a while . emails to customer support could be faster .they offer a premium customer service and even with that there are wait times for support.

Tamilore A.
Content creator
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/10

"Gmail makes electronic communication super easy"

Comments: Gmail has been better for me than other electonic mailing systems. My business wouldn't have gone this fat without it. Even as the Google Mail has a few flaws, it's benefits supercedes it's faults. I would recommend it a a million times over!

Pros: I have been using Google Mail since 2014 and I have had no issues with its functionality. It is easy to link Gmail to different apps, social media and businesses. I also love the complexity of the system. Gmail allows you to use several options like adding your business, syncing accounts and backing up files. I backed up some files a few years ago without stress. Because I didn't put much work into it, I actually forgot about the files I uploaded using Google drive. This year, I synced my Gmail account into my new phone and I could access my backed up files too! I also own a business, at least, an online content writing business I run. And so far, all transactions of my business are linked to my Gmail accounts. I have about four Gmail accounts, which I open on different browsers and the app too. I can easily sync the accounts to one another, anytime I wish. Gmail allows users to sync their PCs to their phones or other devices. Gmail covers a wide range of functions that allows you to use it anywhere! Lest I forget, you can hold live meetings too on your Gmail account. A downloadable app is available for you to access your account, anytime.

Cons: Although Gmail is very useful, it's security check could be frustrating. Logging into your Gmail account with different browsers will attract security attention. All you need to do is verify, though. But not everyone likes doing that all the time. It also takes some time for me to receive my inboxes sometimes. I think your connectivity determines how fast you can send or receive messages.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/10
Reviewer
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/15

"One of the best email service provider"

Comments: Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros: Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful. It also integrates easily with other GSuite apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc, which is an added bonus and sometimes the only tools you need for your business or personal use. You can pick also your own themes and colors, which is nice.
The draft feature saves your message real-time, which can be a lifesaver.
Gmail sign-in is offered on millions of websites on the internet, so a gmail address is all you need to be authorized anywhere. It also has 15 GB cloud storage in the free version, which is more than enough for most users.

Cons: The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/15
Maria B.
Producer
Marketing & Advertising, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/14

"Main Email account"

Comments: It is secure for businesses and personal accounts - I think it's a great platform, I use it and would use it forever. I know I mentioned the main layout is dull, but that's just being superficial. It works, it's easy, it's customizable, it's fast.

Pros: I find Gmail very easy to use, it's fast and simple for anyone. Not only businesses can use it, but you can also get an account for free. There is a huge storage space for all your emails and I love that. I mainly use this as my professional account,but a good feature is that Gmail filters any spam or social, so you actually have a primary section for your primary and important emails. Speaking of important, you can "star" important emails aka prioritize any email. You can even customize emails, by adding color and tags - This is a great feature for businesses as you can know what type of emails you get. You can also create different folders, which is fantastic so I can sort and have all the same emails in a same folder. You simply have to check the emails you want to move, and then select the folder where they will live.
There is a big search bar to search any email within your account, whether by using a relevant word or exact word, I find this very useful when I'm in a rush.
Another thing you can do within Gmail is customize settings, you can customize it by theme and make it more YOU. You can login to different pages, and platforms with your Google account, which is great, and you can sync your email account with other products. There is a built-in-chat which is useful.
a new email window for new email, so you can scroll your inbox while typing a new email and minimize it and continue later, and you can autofill sentences.

Cons: I personally don't like the main layout, I find it outdated, just like the built-in-chat, I find it rather dull.
Even though you have the search bar, to be honest, I don't like that emails are not on the same page - you can only see I think 50 at a time.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/14
UI/UX Designer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/25

"Gmail rocks, but does it offer joy?"

Pros: I happen to have both a personal and a business Gmail account. There are many things to like about Gmail (free), great search, decent integration with the rest of their offerings, nice automations with filters and rules. There are features that they have built on top of the standard IMAP functionalities, like tags, filters and automatic categorization of emails, which are very useful and productive (albeit a bit restrictive, since they are exclusively available on the Gmail apps).
The familiarity of the personal Gmail accounts is a big plus when using them in a corporate setting. Centrally managing the business email accounts is a breeze for your IT department. Plus: more storage, email aliases, and group email addresses.

Cons: Well, when talking about the free Gmail, there’s not much to complain about. You can’t really argue with the free price tag, can you?
The only issue I can see is that there are no native desktop clients and the web version of Gmail feels a bit too much like a webpage and less than a web app. I can understand that for many this is a feature, not a bug — but even with the recent material redesign, the UI of Gmail is a bit of a mess. The placing of the various buttons seems almost random, no vertical rhythm, differently sized elements everywhere and no visual hierarchy (really compare it to any desktop app, or outlook.com or even the official Gmail tablet app). A proper redesign that takes care of the basics of reading emails and perusing your mailbox would be very welcome here.
On the premium side of things, I would very much like to see more advanced features being natively integrated. Things like scheduling, follow-up reminders, and snoozing emails, should be standard.
The next big thing missing is email collaboration. Again you can see a small start-up doing with Spark (sparkmailapp.com) what Gmail should have done, at least for its business customers. Team chat on an email and email delegation are low-hanging fruit considering that Google has already spearheaded collaboration in documents and spreadsheets.
Lastly, I should note that while the Google business offering is quite compelling, the Gmail-specific business features are not that impressive on their own.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/25
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15

"I swear by Gmail.... Its the best web based email service"

Pros: Gmail has been my go to email app for more than 7 years. In no particular order, here are the things that are great about Gmail
Its easy to use and intuitive, it takes a few mins to get used to the interface, but it is user friendly from day one.
The ability to multi task and have your inbox open while you compose an email helps a lot.
The auto save drafts feature has saved me many a time when I lost connectivity. Also you can compose several emails and minimize them as drafts while you have your inbox in the background and come back to them later if you wish to.
Gmail is non intrusive and doesn't display ads like it did years ago. I like the fact that I can log in and view all my emails without any distractions or upgrade popups.
Attaching files is simple and straightforward. Also seeing previews of attachments within emails is a neat trick and I use it almost every day.
Gmail is a great free email service for anyone who wants to get the best web based email experience out there.

Cons: That is not to say that everything is perfect, there are things about Gmail that are not great.
As a mobile app user, I am disappointed with the Gmail app. It doesnt sync to the web when you mark emails as read, you also cant unsend messages and adding attachments on the file is not as seamless as on the web app.
Hangouts in Gmail has never really made sense to me, I wish there was a way to just disable it, but its seems to stick there no matter what I do.
While the new makeover for Gmail is overall great, it still doesnt address the bigger problem of labels and email folders. If an email is added to a folder, subsequent emails are not added to that folder, unless they have a label which in itself is confusing. If there was a simple straightforward way to do it like on Outlook, it would be better.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Customer Service Representative
Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/18

"Gmail is boss"

Pros: What drew me to Gmail over 10 years ago was its simplicity. It was void of all the fluff that other email providers strived for and focussed on ease of use. I hardly use my email accounts on other platforms anymore so I don't know if they have since caught up but I know that, at the time, Gmail was much easier to use. On the rare occasions that I do sign in to the other accounts these days, I find them a bit too overwhelming. Categorizing my emails is easy and it picks up on spam very well. I also like that it automatically categorizes promotions and social media emails, leaving my inbox free for what is important. I especially love its synchrony with google's other software.

Cons: The password recovery process is a bit much. While I understand the need for security, I have found myself having to abandon the recovery process for various reasons. I created an account for my baby and linked it to my own. I forgot the password and tried to do recovery but it insisted on using the phone number. I was overseas and could not access text messaging. So I asked to select another option. Never once was I given the option to use my email to verify the recovery and yet my account is needed to give permission to use his account to carry out transactions. I eventually remembered the password but I am still blocked because I am unable to verify the phone number.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/18
Abi R.
Full-Time Student
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

"Fantastic, Functional, Friendly"

Comments: Overall, gmail is my go-to software for email! I've tried other platforms, but always reverted back to good-ole gmail. She's aesthetically pleasing to the eye, exceptional, and reliable.

Pros: I've been utilizing Gmail for almost eight years now because the development of this application improved so much compared to when I first started using it. I use this software both professionally and personally. My whole experience with Gmail has been positive. This application is simple, user-friendly, organized, and connected with the other software within G-Suite. If I have an important event or a meeting, I can have it saved on my google calendar. I also like how they include automatic and ready responses to emails. I rarely have moments where I feel frustrated with technology.

Cons: Although I do like its connection with G-suite apps, I don't like how the space is shared. Since I utilize Google Photos, there is hardly any space available for me to receive any new emails and old emails may be deleted. I also wish this software featured a more detailed tutorial on how to use its features. I did not know organize my mail with labels or separate them. This software also fails at recognizing spam emails. I missed an invitation for a scholar program because it was filed under spam. I hope in the future they can organize certain emails to directly go to your created label instead of manually placing them yourself.

Elbek K.
Research Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/27

"Gmail Review"

Comments: I use gmail for my personal and professional life. So far it has been good tool for around 7 years. There were many updates and changes, that made it better.

Pros: Intuitive Design - Design elements of gmail in all platforms are very intuitive and user friendly Great Integration - Gmail is part of many google services, like android, chrome, google search, google drive hangouts, etc. I use most of the tools from google services and gmail is one accounting solution that integrates all of my services from my phone to pc, and web browser. In a way one gmail to rule them all Good spam detection - Although spam detection system is not perfect. But through my usage of gmail, spam detection has been good. Built in tools - Gmail integrates Google docs services to gmail directly, enabling view of document in gmail itself, on desktop web browser. And google drive is used for emails containing big files. Search engine - it is easy to search emails from search bar, search is intuitive to look sender, receiver, category of email, and content of email.

Cons: I use mostly web gmail services, Android app for gmail is fine, but web gmail lacks some features No self defined category - There should be option to categorize emails, with some given list, or types of emails. Lack of customization - On web gmail, there is no option to customize theme, layout, or background of service

• Reviewed on 2020/04/27
Social Media Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Overall Great"

Comments: My overall experience with the software has been great I've been using gmail since middle school but. I never fuller appreciated it until I was a part of the workforce. It makes things so much easier and faster for me. we could have entire meetings via email just to share informations and resources and it saves time from people going over the save information multiple times because its easy to just look back through the emails and find exactly what you need. My work is a lot easier because I rely on gmail for everything.

Pros: This software is easy to use and efficient for daily communications especially between all four locations of the non profit organization I work for. Everyone receives their information on time we can even have customers sign and send their paperwork within minutes. The feature that allows me to schedule a time to send emails is most helpful because I can mark the task off my to-do list before I even complete it. I also relish the fact that there is aways and trail so information is always on hand and easy to find with a quick key word search.

Cons: My only dislike with the software is that its hard to delete all or a good amount of emails al at once. I often times have emails junk mail or promotional mail that gets backed up and I would like to be able to delete all or select and large groupings to delete at once rather than deleting them all individually.

Paige D.
Medical Assistant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/23

"Gmail"

Comments: I use Gmail everyday at work for communicating with fellow employees and patients. Gmail is very accessible and easy to use. Out of all of the email platforms that I have used including Microsoft, Yahoo, and AOL, Gmail has the most user-friendly platform and the most well-working one.

Pros: This product is very easy to use and integrated into our company quite nicely. I like that the inbox refershes automatically without having to manually press the button and shows when you have a new email in the tab. This is very helpful for when I am on another tab and it flashes to alert me and I do not have to constantly distract from my task at hand to check if I have new messages. I also really like the feature that when drafting a new email it is in a smaller window so you do not have to constantly switch between emails or open different screens. Overall, this platform is very user friendly and has many great features.

Cons: Honestly, I think that the Gmail platform is very solid as it currently is. It would be nice for Gmail to refresh the inbox more often than it does, but overall the platform works well for my needs.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/23
Nirmala S.
Associate Tech Lead
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/29

"A powerful tool for ecerything"

Comments: I use google for both personal and business/official works and it is still not disappointed me. It has easy and powerful interface compatible with any device and once you log in from anywhere in any device you will have everything right there.

Pros: 1. Google provides many services to the clients and everything is bound with their Gmail. So it is a single email which you can use to get many services.
2. You can have multiple Gmail accounts for office/business/personal use and you can log all of them once and can switch between them easily without logout/login again.
3. You can have a paid version of Gmail and can be used with different email extensions other than @gmail.com, so it can be used to be suitable with your business needs.
4. It works as an identity provider for many popular sites/applications so you can log in to those using your gmail account without creating separate accounts on those sites/applications.
5.It has high security measurements such as two-factor authentication that we can enable if required and also inform users about any malicious activities such as log in from different browser/location/device etc. so user can take any precautions if needed.

Cons: So far google is a very good email management system for me for business/personal use.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/29
Nitin G.
Junior dev
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Gmail - Best tool for Mails"

Comments: Its been a great journey till yet and Gmail had not disappointed me in any way beat its mobile version or web one. Complete UI and UX of gmail is amazing stuff and organization of mails also.
As i was using a different mail service somewhat 4-5 yrs back and it seriously betrayed me in many scenarios but after that when i switched to google, Life is perfect.

Pros: Gmail has a lot of cool features that make it best in the whole marketplace of other similar software. Classification of mails and segregating promotions and social one separately is absolutely superb that keeps our primary inbox sorted and clean, moreover if someone wants to scan social mails only for some specific reason that it is also cakewalk.

Cons: In my opinion, the hangouts tab at the left bottom(desktop version) doesn't fit in my mind that needs to be relocated or something apt if possible

Adjunct Professor
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/22

"GMail Free Mail"

Comments: Functions as basic email. No glitches or outages. Missing some key functions you find in Outlook but nothing you absolutely can’t live without

Pros: Beyond being free, which is huge , I find value in the options to create folders and rules. The color options are nice and you can flag items and mark senders as VIP.
You can sort mail a multitude of ways and search.

Cons: I struggle with how to display mail in a format I prefer. Mail can be ordered to display by conversation or separately. My issue is displaying mail on my screen so each new mail opened doesn’t stack on top of the last one you read. I haven’t found an answer in the help and I don’t think there is a Customer service for the free mail.
I wish there was an out of office option- that would be value added!

• Reviewed on 2020/10/22
Business Development Representative
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/20

"Sleek, Modern, and Perfect Mail Software"

Comments: Overall, Gmail is sleek, easy to use, and sexy. I love the cleanliness of it and would never go back to using any other mail software.

Pros: I love most that Gmail is incredibly sleek and easy to use. I love the font, the cleanliness of the sidebar, and the overall look and feel. I love the predictive message writing, it has really made my life much easier, and for someone whose second language is English, it helps immensely. The functionality when taking into account all the other Google integrations is fantastic. I love the chat feature at the bottom and how it integrates with Gchat. The option to star important messages is something I use a lot, and I find that the star symbol really does a good job of pronouncing the message to me. Overall, this is a perfect mail software and I see little they could do to make it even better.

Cons: I like least about Gmail is that there is no undo send message feature after 10 seconds, I wish there was an option to delete it 10 minutes later or so. I also would love if there was a "seen message" receipt or indicator if someone has opened your email, it would make things a lot easier. I also wish the chat button at the bottom of the screen wasn't so discreet, as sometimes I've missed messages on there.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/20
Jonathan W.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/07

"Gmail"

Comments: Overall, Gmail is the staple for email exchange.

Pros: Gmail has been my staple carrier for email for the past 20+ years both personal and professional. It's easy to set up, easy to use, seamless to add to mobile devices and accessible everywhere. Gmail also allows the user to filter mail into different categories based on content and build folders to store import emails for later review. Additionally, I appreciate that the developers are constantly working to make the experience better, i.e. adding auto spellcheck which automatically fixes incorrect words while typing emails, auto reminders about responding to emails that have been dormant for a few days, and the ability to unsend messages within a certain time period that you may have send in error.

Cons: One of my biggest pains dealing with Gmail is the fact that email chains cannot be separated when forwarded an email. A lot of times when forwarding an email, I only wish to have a particular segment of that email chain in my forward. However, with Gmail, no matter what part of the email you decide to forward, the entire email chain gets forwarded. It can be annoying at times but there are ways to get around it.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/07
Josh O.
Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/13

"Gmail is the Definitive Go-To Email Platform"

Pros: There's really no reason to use any other email tool, in my opinion. Gmail has thought through every conceivable need for your inbox and answered them. The recent update allows for a really great inbox view that shows attachments by name/type in the inbox list and they're clickable. Lots of customization options for labeling and organization, forwarding and sorting rules, plus it integrates with just about every tool or program. Predictive typing and default response options are a time-save (especially on mobile). it's a clean interface too, not as clunky and junky as Yahoo and similar others. With a gmail address, you're already set up for an account on all their other apps and most third party apps as well.

Cons: Using gmail means sharing your info with the global behemoth that is Google Corp, which may be a privacy issue for some, but generally this is a security benefit rather than a detractor. I wish I could drag threads and drop them in my label categories on the side panel but the new hover commands in the inbox speed things up. That's my only real bottleneck is when I am sorting the inbox into label "folders" it's a lot of manual clicking.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/13
Demetria P.
IT Analyst
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/29

"Best Email Service Around"

Comments: My overall experience with Gmail is great. With a secure password I feel confident that my mail account will not be hacked. I am weary of people who provide Yahoo or other types of email addresses. I can save items from my gmail to my Google drive which is a great feature.

Pros: What I like the most about Gmail is that it is a Service provided through Google so I know it's Secure. No matter what is sent to you through email, if you don't have an associated program installed on your computer to open Word Documents or Excel Spreadsheets Etc. Google has it's own version of the Software that will allow you to open pretty much any type of Attachment. I don't really feel the need to store stuff on a portable drive when I know I can always access something stored in my Gmail.

Cons: What I like the least is when you have multiple users in the same household, we can all access each other's email simply by clicking their profile. I know this is a personal setting, but there should be an option to sometimes sign out or verify with your password even if you are using your home computer. Or possible, have everyone use a different interface so you can tell who's gmail is open when you go into the computer.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/29
Travis M.
Freelance Artist and Virtual assistant
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/15

"My Gmail revue."

Comments: Well, I have had my moments when I have had to literally beg to have access to one of my account due to forgetting my passwords. But these days I use the forwarding service to funnel all my emails to 1 inbox. That is so cool!

Pros: I liked that it was a free service that was part of the Google offerings. My first email account was super easy to set up and I love that anybody who has access to the internet can set up an account.

Cons: I really do not appreciate all the marketing emails that flood my inbox after I do searches for services or items. I get that it is a great way to make revenue by selling this information to corporations that pay handsomely for this information and that it is helpful in attracting business and conversations but how sad does the corporation really think we all are? If I require a plumber I am capable of searching and finding one myself. Honestly, it is almost always too little, too late by the time I start receiving emails informing me of a new service in town that happens to be a Plumber service. Very clever though.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/15
Gisselle C.
Administrative Assistant
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/04

"Google Gmail Software Review"

Pros: I have used gmail's software for many years for school, work, and personal use. What I like most about the software is the numerous features it has such as Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, etc. This has made storage space much easier and organized and allows one to access their data and files anywhere. Having everything stored within gmail allows the exchange of information among other users simple. Gmail has become for me the best free email service software.

Cons: The least thing that I dislike about this software is specifically on Google Docs. In particular, it is difficult to organize not only one's documents but also the ones that are shared. I had one incident where I had access to ab organizations documents but when I no longer partook in their organization I wanted to remove their documents from my Drive and in doing so resulted in the erasure of many on their part. Thankfully, the documents were recovered but this feature can definitely be improved and made more simple.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/04
CCO Operator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/09

"Cost Benefit GMAIL"

Comments: What facilitated was communication (meetings), where we can settle pending points and future schedules.

Pros: I consider important features of gmail, it is the option to prioritize non-priority conversations, automatically archiving them. Within the important resources, we have the option of tracking and monitoring important tasks in a list. Ahh, an option that I like among the important ones is that we can automatically filter and remove messages that have already been filtered and marked, and are automatically removed for later viewing. We have the option to cancel a conversation that was sent without ending the subject or by accident, within 30 seconds of being sent.

Cons: So far I haven't seen a negative point, but as soon as there is one I will point it out. Remembering that the product is easy to use. Gentlemen for knowledge, the product was easy to adapt in my Transport and Logistics sector, facilitated our daily lives and optimized the logistics process.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/09
Zachary M.
N/a
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/30

"Tap and Well Water"

Comments: I've used Gmail for many years. My Overall Experience is positive and there's no doubt it will remain that way for many years to come.

Pros: Gmail has always been available and convenient as long as I can remember. It's very helpful how you can combine or pick & choose between Email accounts if you have more than one Google account/email address.

Cons: The only issue I can say I have a hard time with would be how I'm unable to delete multiple Emails at one time, except for the Trash Bin. It is helpful at times having to go through all of them one at a time because there are those rare & very few emails that make you glad you didn't mass delete.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/30
Syed J.
Medical Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/19

"A cost-efficient, powerful tool to connect your company/organization."

Pros: The value for using Gmail is incredible as the features that come with Gmail (Calendar, Notes, etc.) make life easy for employees and employers at a low/no cost. The customizability of Gmail allows for administrators to control the email communications in a way that provides ease and security. In the health-care industry, security is vital, so 2-factor authorization with Gmail and other security measures are a plus. Overall, a great addition and easy to integrate into the business.

Cons: The number of additional features associated with Gmail can become overwhelming. There are several features (ex. Hangouts) that may not be ideal to have available within the business atmosphere. Security measures in place in Gmail frustrate employees at times.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/19
Thanh t. N.
Senior Accountant - Full Cycle Accounting
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"Simple and easy to use, free with minimal ads display"

Pros: I like how Gmail categorizes emails into three groups: Primary, Social, and Promotions.
This simple trick makes navigating very easy.
I am more productive as I can quickly discard any social or promotions emails I don't want to see.
Of course, Gmail is developed by Google, so integrating other Google features/apps/websites are a breeze.
E.g. Calendar, Notes, Tasks (keep in mind you have to click Try the new Gmail in the setting on the far right corner to have this new integrated experience).

Cons: I also use Microsoft Outlook at my job. In my opinion, Outlook is super user-friendly. Gmail is not bad, but it still has lots of rooms for improvement.
To make use of any app, I recommend doing a quick search for tips and tricks. The keyboard shortcut will boost your productivity.
One thing that I really hate when I use Gmail on tablets and phones is that I can't delete emails quickly. I can only delete email one by one or put multiple of them in the archived folders. The only solution I can think of is to delete multiple emails via www.gmail.com on a desktop.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Scott D.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/05

"Gmail just makes sense!"

Comments: Overall gmail has helped make emailing staff and clients simpler, not harder. With so many other apps being used within the Google universe, it only makes sense to use gmail so that I can reap the full benefits of those other apps.

Pros: What I like most about gmail is that I can easily send documents, sheets, etc from within my Google account to others. Not only can I just drag and drop them into the email, but because I’m in Google using a Google sheet, I can share or send that sheet using my gmail with the click of a button. No more downloading to then upload to a different email platform.

Cons: I wish that there were more options for formatting the emails. It is pretty basic within that area. The ability to choose different fonts, font size, etc. would be great.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/05