Kronos Workforce Ready Reviews

• Overall
    4,1 /5

About Kronos Workforce Ready

Employee scheduling solution that helps organizations manage shifts, payroll, leaves, overtime calculations and more.

Learn more about Kronos Workforce Ready

Elena W.
Construction, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"One Word: EASY"

Comments: Made my life as a manager easy. My admin and I were spending less time on their time cards, which improved office efficiency overall.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to use. The admin team assigned to me used it for tracking their hours. It was very easy for me to see if they missed a punch, and it was also very easy to correct timecards. They had no issues with the software either.

Cons: My only "con" (if you can even really call it that) was that I thought that the reports could be a bit more user-friendly. They weren't even bad reports though, to be honest. Overall, I don't really have any negative things to say about this software.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Majeeda P.
HR Generalist
Recreational Facilities & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/23

"A good software but not unfortunately designed for Park Districts."

Comments: I liked the support staff that helped me with issues that arose. In particularly, I want to say that they were great, even though, they could not always help me. They made an honest effort and tried to even make logical solutions to help remedy my issues. Rep was by far my favorite support persons. Please let them know that I appreciated their time and energies. They did a tremendous job helping me with the software and always followed up and followed through. I will miss our lengthy support sessions!

Pros: There was some level of customizing available.

Cons: It was not a software designed for an organization like mine, a park district. In our organization, most employees work in more than one role at all times. Kronos could only keep general record of one job with one pay rate to each employee (we did not have the Payroll portion of Kronos). Some notifications that we needed were not available. Creating forms from scratch was difficult. Webinars were very long (3 Hours). Kronos was not as customizable for us as we had hoped. many things that we wanted to do with the system were not possible. Applicants had a hard time applying through the software. I had constant issues with log-ins.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/23
Deon S.
Technology Division Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Workforce Ready - an upgrade?"

Comments: Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros: Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons: Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Dr. debra P.
CHRO
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos User"

Comments: Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Pros: Functionality
Real-time
Ease of use
Training

Cons: Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Angie E.
Deputy Director Payroll/Hr Liaison
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"Overall great product!"

Comments: I really like Kronos Workforce Ready product overall. I think it would be nice to have a one on one quarterly meeting with someone so I can make a list of the not so important items to go over. I believe there are things this system can do that I have no idea about. I understand the videos and training materials but I do better talking to someone and showing them what I am talking about rather than trying to explain everything in an email. Just my opinion.

Pros: I believe most of the program is very user friendly. I like that everything is tied into the system, payroll, HR, TLM and applicant tracking. There is a lot more that we can utilize that we are not using yet. I like the audit trail feature so I can tell what the employee is doing so I can help teach them the correct way. I like the Favorites option that I just found out how to use that about a month or so ago.

Cons: At the time of our purchase, the fire department purchased Telestaff scheduling product that we were told could talk to our payroll system and send information over to Kronos and land on the firefighters timesheet. We have been in implementation for this particular item for almost 2 years now.
I do not particularly like the benefit selection process. I think it is very difficult to read the confirmation page, it does not show the dependents without having to reopen it. It is very confusing when selecting dependents and spouses for a plan. I feel it used to be so much easier to maneuver and read your decisions but now it has added another 10 minutes to the process because you are constantly going back to see if your dependents are selected. I am NOT looking forward to open enrollment this year at all.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Lisa R.
HR/IT Technology Specialist
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/01

"Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features."

Comments: Kronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place.

Pros: 1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting.
2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with.
3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc.
4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.

Cons: 1. The system is very particular in the way you set up. Ensure you have a good application consultant that understands what your company needs and how they will set this up in your environment. Also, if you chose to bring WFC into the mix, you are dealing with two systems and not one and there is a whole other level of set up you need to consider.
2. No development site. Everything is conducted in live site.
3. Recruitment and onboarding (checklists in general) need to be more flexible. Kronos is working on this and is on road map. We look forward to some improvements.
4. Training in product and training material needs some more work. There is a noticeable difference in training presentation vs. other products (i.e. WFC learning portal vs. WFR offerings). Also, you really will need someone dedicated to learn and understand WFR, as it is very layered.
5. There is not current API offerings, only flat files every 15 minutes can come out of WFR. Kronos is working on adding this capability in near future.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Ashley B.
Director of Human Resources
Entertainment, 501-1 000 Employees

"Great functionality"

Pros: From an admin perspective, I love the reporting functionality, automated emails, and general navigation. This may change a bit with the new user interface, but overall it is intuitive and easy to use. Customization and capabilities are great.

Cons: The occasional bugs that happen with SAAS.

Brooke D.
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Hospital Review"

Comments: It is a good system.

Pros: It is a user friendly system. Easy reports are easy to customize.

Cons: Implementation is awful. They do not send any reps on site to help with implementation. Reports that require Kronos assistance take forever to receive. One took over 6 months to get.

Corey W.
SR HRIS Analyst
Staffing & Recruiting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/08

"Functional"

Comments: The updates that occur frequently mess up our security settings and change things within checklists and we constantly have to adjust. This product would get a much better rating if the overall quality with things like that and automated reporting for our needs would make me rate it higher.

Pros: The system itself for payroll purposes is very easy to use and manipulate. Reporting for the most part is simple.

Cons: They sell you on how easily you can customize, however this was not what we have witnessed. Setting up an automated report can generally be simple, but doing a simple birthday pull monthly cannot be automated due to limited options within the product.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/08
Ashley M.
Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/16

"Streamline all aspects of employee time-keeping in one application!"

Comments: Since implementing and fully utilizing Kronos our staffing models have been better aligned with the business needs at each of our sites & held employees more accountable because this gives them a visual representation of punches that are "out of line" (tardy, unexcused absence, late out, etc). Kronos also tracks and reports this data based on trends/benchmarking that we established (Automatically sent to managers via e-mail report) - This has freed up our management team to focus on other duties.

Pros: Kronos has allowed our organization to house all aspects of employee time-keeping within one application. This has count down significantly on the reports collected because Kronos is tracking attendance, tardy, late out, OT, hours beyond FTE, etc. We have built our program to send notifications directly to management so that they can then handle "issues" as needed.

Cons: Implementation and planning efforts to build Kronos out to be as functional/efficient as it currently is took many months & IT work. Our organization did all of this internally, may be easier/quicker if utilizing Kronos for this.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/16
Elisa M.
HRIS Analyst
Insurance, 501-1 000 Employees

"Kronos workforce ready"

Comments: The support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.

Pros: Flexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.

Cons: The performance review module is week and not tied to goals. The compensation module is very disorganized and creates too many lines of data for each single transaction causing a lot of manual clean up on a regular basis. The applicant module is not flexible enough.

by Elisa on 2017/08/25

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Workforce Ready. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility of the solution. I also appreciate your candid feedback on what you would like to see improved. I wanted to let you know that the ability is tie goals to the annual review will be available in our October release. I would also be happy to coordinate a call with our HR product management to chat further about your pain points with both recruitment and our Compensation module and discuss what we have on the horizon in terms of usability improvements for both features. Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I would be happy to coordinate a time for all of us to connect.

All the best,

John andrew C.
Leasing associate
Commercial Real Estate, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/20

"Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more."

Pros: Clocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.

Cons: Some of my coworkers advised that they can access the clock-in capability of the program outside our closed network. I understand that it's web based but this might cause integrity issues. I'm not sure if that featured can be tailored to be locked out if your not logged in the company's network.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/20
Derek N.
Supervisor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"Time Corrections"

Comments: As a mid level manager I still have not used Kronos to its full capacity, in the future at my company I will be trained on how to use it further. From what I do use it for now it is a fairly easy program to use. I look forward to more training and using it for more.

Pros: Pulls up easily with internet access to punch in and out. As far as making time card corrections it is a fairly easy process once you have taken the training and have done a few corrections. Without taking the training or being trained by someone, I would not attempt to do any time corrections for employees

Cons: The way the hours are shown on the earnings time card are misleading at least for the company I work for, if you are one that likes to calculate what you would be making this may be difficult. Functions a bit slow, seems as if it is the actual program and not the internet speed.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/17
Robin H.
Human Resources Generalist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/09

"Lots of potiential, but seriously lacks customer support."

Pros: The ability to pull reports and export data into a variety of software programs.

Cons: The customer service. When there is an issue, there is ZERO possibility to get immediate help. Even when items are payroll critical, I can wait 1-3 days for a response. When they support staff do respond, they will call on eastern time, so if you miss that call (at 4-7am pacific time), you have to call back and leave a message to have them return your call starting a vicious cycle. Rarely when I have an issue do I get support assigned that knows how to fix the problem. I have had to tell the support member how to do tasks within Kronos. Most of the time, I get placed on hold while the support staff assigned reaches out for additional help. Worst customer service with ANY computer software program I have ever encountered.

Lily P.
HR Administrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/14

"Good HRIS System with Improvement needed"

Comments: A more simple and general training or user guide would be better for first time user in understanding how to start using the system.

Pros: Usage are fairly easy to locate data and info. Reporting are one of the best feature in this system as it is very versatile and customizable in adding or deleting info to achieve desired result, exporting the report is quick and comes with many formats. Some of the built in lookup function comes in handy and saves time.

Cons: Some of the wordings in the system are not as direct and can be mistakenly understood (Such as the Accrual function), only when explained by customer service in the true meaning it can be used correctly. There are certain info that exist in the system but not able to be add to a customize report, which sometimes cause time consuming effort to combine multiple report or manually adjust after export. A few Government labor filing forms has incorrect info when auto filled. Need to adjust manually afterwards.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/14
Michael R.
Human Resource Generalist
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/16

"Kronos Review"

Pros: Overall, Kronos is a software that allows for many different functions. My organization generates almost all of our HR reports from the information contained within the software and we also use it for timekeeping and payroll.

Cons: From my perspective, the biggest con I have with Kronos is that the system is not very easy to navigate and it needs to be modernized to stay up with the times as far as providing a welcoming experience for users.

by Holly on 2017/04/20

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback - we are always interested in hearing from our customers how we can improve our solutions. One of the biggest focus areas for Workforce Ready in 2017 is improving the user experience, so you should expect to see positive changes in the ease of use throughout the year and beyond.

All the best,

978.947.5173
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 2017/04/16
Marie J.
Human Resource Director
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees

"Good Product"

Comments: Overall the program is very good but there is still room for improvement

Pros: document storage, web based, customer support, custom forms, tracking and reports, timekeeping rules are flexible and easily set, announcement feature

Cons: checklists and workflows are too complicated, security settings for users require staff to have access to cellphone or email, no way for employees to sign incidents, mobile app needs improving for manager use

by Amy on 2015/08/25

Hi Marie

Thanks for the review! We’re happy to hear that you are overall happy with Workforce Ready and it is meeting many of your needs. It’s especially great to hear that you’ve had a good experience with our Customer Support team!

Regarding workflows and mobile app, please reach out to me at [email protected] to see what we can do to help.

Thanks
Amy

Scott R.
Director - HR Support
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/18

"Buyer's remorse - However I will update review in 6 months. My view may change."

Comments: 100% of our admin staff working with the new Kronos system is unhappy with it. We all agree that it seems like it is too complicated. We came from PayCom and it was soooooooooo intutive. So straight forward. And much cheaper. Kronos needs to come up with 5-8 templates that are a basic look for how the build-out would look. I think when they try to be all things to all clients they end up being overly complicated. They need to reduce 80% of the options. In hindsight we should have purchased a simpler system.

Pros: The potential is what I like most. The demo team from Kronos, during our research phase, far outshined the competition on how Kronos would make our lives better. However, that is not the case in reality. I will update this review in 6 months to see is this is improving. Customer service is trying to help. But literally every day is a struggle.

Cons: * Too many options
* Too many drop-downs
* Too complicated
* Can't drag and drop
* The set-up process was entirely from scratch with no examples to go from, no best practices
* NOT INTUTIVE in the slightest
* Makes me sick to my stomach thinking we are stuck with this for at least the next 3-4 years
* Company seems too large to be nimble
* We invested well over 500 EE hours in set-up? Do you want your staff doing that?
* I feel like we are at the programmers level, this barely seems like software from this decade
* Customer serve gives off the vibe we should know more than we know

by Kronos on 2019/11/21

Hello Scott,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. We understand you are having some issues with the Workforce Ready product and want to work with you on how to resolve these issues. We have contacted your sales rep and they should be reaching out to you to get more of your feedback within the coming days and schedule a one on one session.

If you have any more feedback that you'd like to share please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Alaina Froton
Customer Marketing Specialist

• Reviewed on 2019/11/18
Anne L.
Work Study Student
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/23

"Great For Tracking Hours"

Comments: It was a good experience overall. I enjoyed how easy it was to clock in and out and record my hours accurately.

Pros: I enjoyed how easy it was to track my work hours with this software. I have been a work study student for UC Berkeley for 4 years and have used this system to clock in and out for my 3 work study jobs. I enjoyed how easy it was for me to log my hours for all 3 of my different jobs. It was a seamless experience.

Cons: I did not like how Flash Player was needed to log into this software. Sometimes I would be called into training without a computer so I couldn't log in and would need to report to my supervisor to change my time card.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Holly L.
Sr. Human Resources Manager
Medical Practice, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/21

"I would like to see improvements but overall good system"

Pros: Having a real HRIS system is a plus. We are not fully utilizing the system due to poor implementation team but we see potential.

Cons: Customer Service needs improvement. Not available when needed. Sometimes don't get calls back at all.

by Holly on 2017/05/04

Hello Holly,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it, and we’re sorry your experience was not as positive as it should be. I thought you would like to know that we have increased the number of support staff and are continually improving our internal training to better serve our customers. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to connect with me at [email protected] – I would be happy to help.

978.947.5173
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 2017/04/21
Nicole D.
HR Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/22

"Workforce Ready Review"

Comments: Overall a great system

Pros: Kronos is a solid powerful system. All applications in one including recruitment, payroll, performance reviews, time management.
Single employee record sharing across applications.

Cons: Difficult learning the system and finding help. It would be nice to help (definition) on the specific field instead of trying to find it.
Performance reviews and workflows are difficult to use

by Amy on 2017/09/07

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you find Workforce Ready a great system! Regarding performance reviews and workflows, please reach out to me at [email protected] so that we can help with your questions.

Thank you once again – we appreciate your time and business,
Amy

• Reviewed on 2017/08/22
Financial Systems Supervisor
Government Administration, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/22

"Great time keeping software"

Pros: What I love most about Kronos is the ability to edit clock-in and out and also the mobile app. For me, when I am away from the office, training other departments or at a conference and I need to approve time sheets or approve leave, I don't have to worry about getting to a computer to do it. I can just use the mobile app.

Cons: What I like least was the use of Java. It slowed the software down and made it harder to use at times. We just received an update a few weeks ago that took Java script away and now it functions perfectly.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Melissa H.
Payroll Specialist
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/29

"Kronos Workforce Review"

Pros: I like all the options you have with workforce ready. I have used a different platform of Kronos and it wasn't as user friendly. I like the reporting capability as well.

Cons: I wish the training material was more updated. I find it a bit hard to find exactly what I am looking for. I also wish we were notified when updates happened and what exactly it effected.

by Amy on 2017/09/07

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready and I am glad to hear that you are finding the reports and the software easy to use! Regarding training and release notes, please reach out to me at [email protected] so I can make sure that you are on our mailing list and receiving invitations to our quarterly release webinars and Best Practices training webinars. Those should cover a lot of the topics that you would like to know more about!

Thanks,
Amy Fafard

• Reviewed on 2017/08/29
Laura F.
Payroll and HR Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/26

"Absolutely LOVE Kronos"

Pros: It's awesome! Super user friendly and simple. can be very customizable to your company. The comp I worked for before this had Kronos and it looked and worked differently than the company I am at now, which shows how customizable it is. Great time and attendance program that can be made exactly how you need it based off your companies needs

Cons: It has gone down a couple times now on the day supervisors need to approve timecards which was very inconvenient but they do keep you updated the whole time on when they are fixing it

• Reviewed on 2019/11/26
Sandy H.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/23

"An Expensive Letdown"

Comments: Honestly, just go with ADP and pay more. At least they will be able to help you more with compliance. Kronos was such a letdown and the system looks so antiquated.

Pros: Kronos has some good report features and a lot of the onboarding documentation is easy to collect. You do have the benefit of being with a larger company so they have more customer service people, too, and they have people who specialize in certain areas to give you better help.

Cons: Oh, there are too many to count:
- Their compliance features pale in comparison to ADP. They will say they can comply with all state-mandated sick-leave laws, but it requires so much manual work on the backend that you kind of wish you could just do it elsewhere. A huge pain if you operate in many states.
- Their "customized fields" that they tell you about in an RFP just don't exist. Anything you need done that doesn't fit within their standard guidelines just won't happen.
- If you like reporting on headcount and HR metrics the way that Kronos does it, you're fine. Otherwise you have to attempt to build a report with their service team (which can take weeks) and then export it and then get the data you want. It's just not acceptable given how much you pay for the service.
- Don't get me started on their "documents." If you need to send out a bulk request (i.e. when EEO season rolls around) Kronos can only send out a general reminder to have people check their inbox, and then people have to be smart enough to go in and do it. The reminders for this suck too.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/23