Filter by:

• Overall

About Gurucan

7-in-1 Platform to create and sell online courses. Create marketing pipelines and webinars in 5 minutes. NEW: White Label Mobile Apps

Learn more about Gurucan

Robert C.
Robert C.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/09

"What You Need Now & What You Will Need Tomorrow"

Comments: It has been great from the beginning as support was there to answer question before I even purchased and has been there every step of the way when I've needed them since. I've had the pleasure of attending a Q&A and talking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and have gotten into detail with some of their future plans (available in their public roadmap). Right now this software is what I need to get going today but I can see the expansion and growth planned that will make it a powerful tool for tomorrow.

Pros: The software is one of the easiest to use in my opinion. It's very intuitive and I've already recommended it to some of our clients who have tried it and that's the same comment I get back..."It's so easy". When you're running a company and want to offer courses as one of your main goods, having to spend months creating content (especially if you do videos with editing) is already time consuming. Gurucan makes it easy to take all your pieces and make the final course you want to sell.

Cons: I wish there were more design aspects we could control and a more robust GUI. I'd love to see something similar to what GetResponse or Mailchimp offers. What would be the most amazing is to get a WordPress style editor like Elementor or Divi or anything similar so we could make amazing emails, completely customized landing pages and so much more.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/09
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/06

"Like buying 4 different software tools in one"

Comments: Really great. Looking forward to publishing the course.

Pros: So - in my day job I create e-Learning. Put me in front of Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline and I am totally at home. But then I decide to create a course in my spare time. What could go wrong?
Well - to start with the course creator software I tried was super expensive, with monthly fees, or scarily limited features. I managed to land on Thinkific... But knew I needed to upgrade before the course was released...
And then once you get the course, you are going to need a funnel (have you seen the cost of clickfunnels per month?). With a landing page and payment options. And a email marketing tool. And something to run webinars.
Gurucan does all that, and it's just paying one price instead of multiple monthly costs. And there's an app too.
And I don't have the time or the bandwidth to try to learn/remember/explain to people the 5 different tools that are all precariously linked together to make my course work.
I'm officially impressed.

Cons: Ok - the UI could be improved. It's just slightly too simple sometimes.
I would love if it included feedback surveys - has quizzes, but they are more like right or wrong - doesn't allow for the users to submit paragraphs of free text.
It does webinars - would be good if that functionality could be included to create videos inside courses (screencapture, voice recording or even just voice recording aligned with a downloaded presentation)- I think this may be possible with a workaround (and can always record it using other tools, but I'm feeling spoilt by doing it all in one place)

• Reviewed on 2021/08/06
Andres V.
Andres V.
Entrepreneur
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/21

"One of the best softwares for mobile and desktop!"

Comments: So far I'm hopeful that in the future the tech challenges will be fixed and the app will keep on growing. I really like it so far, so I trust and believe in the team behind the scenes.

Pros: I really like this software because of the combination with computer and mobile access from the app. It has all of the most useful capabilities and it seems to be growing in promising ways. I have over 10k students already in the platform and few complains with tech.

Cons: The 10k monthly cap for emails that include password emails and transactional emails. Not good, because if you have more than 10k subscribers you send 1 email, and you are done for the month. Also the integration with stripe needs work, it creates a payment every time people click the button, needs work. Also the "trial" for courses (when you offer them part of the course for free) should be improved, the purpose of the trial is for them to get to know the content, but they can't see what's not included in the "paid course" so they won't be motivated to buy. Needs marketing work.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/21
Alex K.
Alex K.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/11

"Finally, "Courses & App" affordable option!"

Comments: I came across GuruCan very recently so I am using the platform just several days but the overall experience is quite remarkable. In this two-three days I've done a lot. I very much hope it will stay the same way in the future. 🙂

Pros: I've been looking for courses, membership, payments, CRM platform for ages and tested and tried many. So far GuruCan is the most user friendly and easy to use one. The good thing is there is no compromise in functionality and/or features. I found everything what I need very quickly and it took me a couple of hours to set up my first course ready to go. I find it quite remarkable. The video lessons can be uploaded to the platform directly or hosted over Wistia (I have account there as well) or Vimeo. Quizzes, home assignments, dripping material can be added and set up effortlessly. Three more things I would like to highlight separately: the very responsive support (I checked it several times during my set up process resolving minor questions) , the possibility to have White Label option and an App. This last thing (having an App) on its own totally over-delivered the value I expected when I signed up with GuruCan.

Cons: I am sure along the way I will discover something I would change or do not like but for the moment I do not have much to say . As for now I just experienced some small issue with the delay in decoding of my first uploaded videos. For several hours I had a message "video is decoding ...". After I address it to the support it was quickly resolved.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/11
Johnathan H.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"A Platform That Will Thrive!"

Comments: I decided to go ahead and purchase Gurucan because I just can't see passing the value of this offer up. Just to give some comparison, the most popular platforms for online learning out there are Thinkific, Teachable, and Podia. If you look at pricing, you will notice that Thinkific and Podia each charge $79/month and Teachable is $99/month. Gurucan is in it's early stages and already a very well thought out platform. It has almost everything you could ask for and even if you purchase the unlimited bandwidth, you will still only be paying $9/month. This is $70 less that the cheapest platform I mentioned above. This deal is too good in my opinion. Even better, the team at Gurucan have answered more than 300 questions and continue to answer every question that they receive on Appsumo. I joined the Telegram group and received a response to my question in less than 15 minutes. Support is top-notch and the platform is very good as it is. I can only imagine what it will be as updates continue to roll out. Thanks Gurucan. You are a true winner!

Pros: I like the pricing the most. Compared to most other platforms in the same sector, Gurucan is the most value fo my money.

Cons: The only thing is that the setup is not very intuitive. It takes a bit of computer knowledge in order to use. The best part is the support team is quick and responsive.

Luciano Z.
Luciano Z.
ChatBot and Automation developer
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/19

"The new platform for my students"

Comments: Overall, I am more than satisfied with the many possibilities it offers.

Pros: The product is very easy to use and configure, both administrator and student side.

Cons: Especially in the beginning, it happened that the software did not save the correctly loaded videos. In subsequent updates this has been fixed and made functional.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/19
Anna P.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

"Great value for money"

Comments: I was about to pay for Thinkific when I found out about Gurucan on AppSumo. Getting it was a no-brainer. It does so much, for such an affordable price!
It is clear that it's still in its growing phase and that things are still being polished up, so I don't expect it to be perfect yet, but it seems extremely promising to me and I'm looking forward to seeing it reach its full potential.

Pros: I love that it has so much in one platform. If you're not too picky, you can set up everything on Gurucan and you don't even need a separate website. Sales page, emails, webinars, online course, CRM... It's so nice to have it all in one place, and think of the money that saves!! This may be my best investment of the year.

Cons: Email marketing isn't amazing, so I probably won't be doing that from Gurucan for now. But I wasn't expecting it to be at the level of email marketing providers, so that's ok.

Daniela U.
Daniela U.
Freelance Writer
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"All in one learning platform"

Pros: It's an all in one learning platform, offering course creation, email marketing, landing pages, and even an app with push notifications. It's way more affordable than other solutions like Kajabi.

Cons: It is a newer platform, which means the page building functionality is pretty limited. I look forward to seeing how they develop it in the future.

Creator

"It can."

Comments: I generally think it is good value for me as someone who is on a single payment lifetime deal.
I hope the platform will mature with time, however in its current state, it is useable.
I'm sure im going to need to contact the support team for minor things and from what I've heard they are responsive.
Oppertunity to be really great, but right now its just decent.

Pros: I got this software as a lifetime deal, so 'my' value for money is very good.
I have worked with similar systems in the past, and so far this one is pretty nice.

Cons: It takes a while to figure it all out, there are some issues that im still not sure how to fix. I feel like its in beta at the moment, but its promising.

Mark F.
Business Coach
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/07

"An Impressive Online Course Creation Platform"

Comments: Overall Gurucan is a great online course creation tool that I highly recommend. I really think with the improvements suggested and implemented, it will be a real winner!

Pros: I'm really impressed at all of the features Gurucan has built in to one platform. They have online course creation, bundles, email marketing and more! The team is very responsive with responding to support enquiries and they are open to receiving feedback on how they can improve their platform. I would recommend them to anyone looking to start selling an online course.

Cons: The biggest con would have to be the layout while you're inside a course. There isn't a list of each lesson on the side of the screen to show you all of the lessons in the course. You're only able to click next lesson but you can't go back to the previous lesson - it would be better if you could mark the lesson as completed. And there isn't a progress bar to show you how much progress you've made inside the course.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/07
ASSISTANT
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

"CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

Pros: I lately stumbled upon Gurucan whilst searching for a system to organize several of my customer's on the internet training courses. It had the ideal balance of functions that works terrific for instructors as well as masters that currently have a considerable variety of complying with on their area social networks as well as generate income from the involvement. It's not simply any kind of finding out administration system. Still, a complete collection of devices like a mobile application for discovering points on the move, an integrated CRM, Products Administration for your training courses, webinars, posts, and also obstacles, provides or upsells administration, advertising and marketing automation, therefore a lot more being developed inside the platform.

Cons: ABOUT PAYMENT GATEWAY BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY AN OPTION EITHER PAYPAL OR STRIPE

Nate M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/02

"Excellent solution for adding value to clients"

Pros: Gurucan has made my life easier by providing a simple solution to content-production. I was able to create high-quality content for my clients using it, as well as offer them the ability to partake in its membership software with no headache at all. It's also great that Gurucan is an alternative to costlier and more complicated services like Kajabi.

Cons: not that many homework types which causes diffifulty.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/02
Nhu D.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Great tool! Its mobile first approach makes all the difference!"

Comments: I have a great experience with Gurucan. It has mobile first approach, hence the way they designed their platform is a little different from other platforms (I have been using Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, New Zenler), but it really makes a lot of sense.

Pros: I love how intuitive it is for both course creators and learners. The possibility to create courses and membership in one tool is amazing. They have some unique features, such as Challenges and Offers - that open a lot of opportunities for course and membership site creation.

Cons: Their footer has some adverts for Visa and Master Card, and point to the download link of their mobile app, which makes this tool not 100% white label. I hope they will have a solution for that soon.

David B.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/15

"Gurucan is a winner!"

Comments: I have been looking for a good LMS for a long time. One that I would not need to pay out the nose for and Gurucan is the winner! I am able to easily setup my courses and make them available to my users.

Pros: Gurucan has all of the features you need to have a successful online school or course offering.

Cons: So far I have found nothing that I do not like.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/15
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/02

"I had given up on an app that spoke to my audience until I tried Gurucan"

Comments: My audience is b-u-s-y and doesn't have the time or desire to spend digging for value in their inbox or a Facebook group. Gurucan has given me a space where I can connect directly with my audience in their hands.

Pros: It automagically pulled in all my content from Kajabi. I have a large catalogue of online learning and there it all was, waiting for me. All I had to do was make any updates and formatting with the super-easy block editor and I was ready to go. Super fast. Super easy. Super intuitive.

Cons: I'd love a social/group feature beyond the chat feature. Engagement is so important in community-building and chats can sometimes feel like a wall of text where connection gets lost.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/02
Letícia C.
Letícia C.
Physician
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/28

"The Most Complete Solution!"

Comments: I love how Guruscan has a lot of features in the same product! I was waiting for something like this for a long long time! Excited to put up all my content and start making money! Guruscan team has been of big help so far!

Pros: Lots of features in one single product, mobile/app ready. Looks awesome!

Cons: I would like to use another typeface, don’t like this one so much and would love to have it in Brazilian Portuguese!

Henry H.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/26

"Wonderful Solution for Coaches"

Comments: I love that I could set up my lessons very quickly with Gurucan. I'm using it for company internal onboarding and training.

Pros: It is easy to setup. The interface is simple to navigate.

Cons: More integrations would really help to improve this software.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/26
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/27

"The LMS I was looking For"

Comments: Versatile and easy to use. My consulting and mentoring clients will have a great experience with GuruCan due to its easy access via the web or even by smartphone. (they have an app for your customer to access from their cell phone!). The platform provides several ways to evaluate and improve the studies of each client, such as quizz, homework, chats. Want to have a customer-only blog? You can in the "blog" function
Do you want to do a webinar? Use this option.
Want to automate your processes? Use Zapier or other forms of integration.
Seriously, the platform is awesome and I see a bright future ahead.

Pros: Awesome features like: - Email broadcast, Webinars, Blog Articles, On Demand Content, Push Notifications, Email Automation, Landing Pages, Integration, Chats, Homework, Quizzes, Coupons, eMail Templates, Stripe and Paypal integration, and more.

Cons: Slow loading time in pages and other features. But nothing huge.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/27
Rafael A.
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/27

"Robust!"

Pros: I liked that I can keep my clickfunnels account and connect it with gurucan once someone makes a purchase

Cons: So far everything is working the way it should.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/27
Praviljith P.
Praviljith P.
Regional Escalation Manager
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/16

"Gurucan can really make you the Guru!"

Comments: The process of creating courses was very smooth. The support team was there for any help when I was stuck. Very engaged founders who welcome the feedback

Pros: Very easy to set-up the school
Helpful and friendly customer support team
Engaging founders who listens tot he feedback
Great Features like:
— Integrations
— Video hosting
— Actively developed road map
— Push notifications

Cons: Page loading speed can be improved. No lesson/course import - only copy & paste.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/16
Jeffrey T.
Jeffrey T.

"Excellent App!"

Comments: I like the layout and all the add-on features you would not expect to be included but are needed to run a successful online course.

Pros: The App was very easy to use without having to watch/read any tutorials. Everything seems to follow a very logical step by step system.

Cons: None at this time. Compared to the other Apps in this space, I found this one very complete and easy to use.

Radek V.
Radek V.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/01

"Great alternative to Teachable"

Comments: We've been looking for a platform to manage hybrid online classes and revenue generation from educational products. Gurucan fits the bill well with reasonable pricing.

Pros: The system covers a lot of functionality that I'd expect from an education monetisation platform and offers excellent value in comparison with the price offered by competitors.

Cons: It will take some time for the system to reach its maturity. The interface is still a bit rough and the user experience needs streamlining.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/01
Shade O.
Shade O.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/30

"Simply Wonderful!"

Comments: For all the complicated setup required in using other LMS’, Gurucan really makes course setup a breeze!

Pros: First off, it’s is super simple to set your courses up - you’ll be up and running in no time! The ease of use is something that clearly stands out. Next, we have amazing functionality like challenges that are really easy to setup and deploy and looks great from a user’s point of view.

Cons: There are a few bugs still in the system but the developers are working hard to fix all reported issues. It’s a new product so that’s to be expected.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/30
Tamara W.
Tamara W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/31

"Perfect Choice for Small Business Owners"

Comments: Gurucan is allowing me to offer 100% my own content for health and wellness related courses without jumping all over the internet, having tons of files or web browsers open, etc. I can begin with free content and upgrade with confidence that the next step is within my reach.

Pros: The number of features provided allows small business owners like me the ability to stay competitive. I can offer my students quality courses and features that fit my budget using a contemporary layout. The number of features offered give my compnay room to grow.

Cons: The initial login gave me some trouble. I'm not sure why but after a few password resets I was able to log in and out easily. I'd like to see it integrated directly with other apps like my Drive.

Carlos R.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/13

"GuruCan, an excellent LMS app for content creators with a need for a mobile app."

Comments: I was able to set up the barebones of my fitness app within a day, once you learn how it works, the ability to duplicate courses, offers, and everything makes it easy to build and manage your content.

Pros: You get an app automatically and the opportunity to white label it with your Brand.
Easy Setup
Great support, they’re already checking the minor bugs I reported.

Cons: A couple of bugs with their ClickFunnels™ integration (nothing major)
UI could be a bit friendly

• Reviewed on 2021/03/13