15 years helping South African businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

Pros:

The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons:

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program.

QuickBooks Online Advanced ratings

4.3
4.1
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

QuickBooks Online Advanced has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 918 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Online Advanced before?

Adrienne
Adrienne
Owner, Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, Self Employed

QBO Online Advanced- Not Perfect, but a Great Option for a Growing Business

Comments: I am an advanced user, so my experience has been mostly positive. As I mentioned, I think the software is not always intuitive, so it can be frustrating for less experienced users. However, customer service is great and always responsive.

Pros:

Quickbooks Online Advanced is robust and offers a pretty impressive suite of options for a growing small business. I love that a business owner can run so much of their business from one piece of software. As a business owner and a bookkeeper, I get frustrated with all of the options out there and appreciate that QBO Advanced eliminates the need for multiple programs.

Cons:

There are definitely some improvements that could be made. The software is often glitchy, causing frustration for users that are not experienced. I would also love to see even more customization in the reporting screens. I'd love to be able to click and see drop downs on the main profit and loss screens.

Harmony
Business Office Manager in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

QBO is Definitely Different

Comments: Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros:

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons:

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Shrijana
Accounting Manager in Canada
Museums & Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Accounting Assistant

Comments: This is great accounting platform which save time & money to get best result.

Pros:

All aspects such as invoicing, reporting, sales tax....

Cons:

This is perfect for us and can't remember of any cons as of now.

Lisa
Executive Director in US

Not Suited for Nonprofit Organizations

Comments: While we have cobbled together charts of accounts to somewhat make it useful for our organization, when we can afford accounting software made for nonprofits we will change systems. This has been a painful learning experience.

Pros:

Low cost, easy to find CPA who knows how to use it

Cons:

It may be fine for a for-profit business, but it is not well suited for nonprofit organizations that must do fund accounting.

Joe
COO in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

The Best Option Out There

Comments: We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros:

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons:

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

President in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

QBO Improving

Comments: We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros:

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons:

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Laura
Laura
Digital Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros:

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons:

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Christal
CEO in US
Accounting, Self Employed

QBO Advanced is a Step Up

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The ability to add more categories and classes as well as the advanced customization of reports are very helpful.

Cons:

I wish there were more exce like features available within the reporting customization.

Brenda
Office Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks Online

5.0 last month New

Comments: I am happy with it overall, it's pretty easy to use once you learn it.

Pros:

The integration it has with a lot of our vendor so sync is pretty easy

Cons:

The cost of the software is pretty high, wish it was cheaper

James
Owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Amazing work with quick books

5.0 last month New

Comments: Just great i cant say enough about them

Pros:

Great tolls and set up hassle-free easy to use

Cons:

Nonejust great i will always use them no matter what

Molly
Senior Financial Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Move My Company Ever Made

Comments: The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros:

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons:

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Kyle
Accounting in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros:

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons:

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Selcuk
Finance Director in France
Investment Management, 11–50 Employees

A Financer's Dream

Comments: The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to manage finances. The reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate, and the cost is worth the investment.

Pros:

I have been thoroughly impressed with QuickBooks Online Advanced. The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides an array of tools and features that make it easy to manage finances. The accounting and invoicing processes are efficient and user-friendly, and the reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate.

Cons:

One of the drawbacks of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the cost of the subscription. While the features are worth the investment, the cost can be steep for small businesses with limited budgets. Additionally, the platform can be complicated to navigate for those with limited accounting experience.

LeAnn
VP, Operations in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

So much better than complicated systems!!!

Comments: We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros:

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons:

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

Milena
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Comments: I like how easy, reliable, and multi-functional QBO Advanced is. I use it for a client and it saves me time and money.

Pros:

I like the many features QBO Advanced has to offer. It saves time and money. It is great for growing business. It is easy to integrate with many other apps if needed.

Cons:

The least I like would be the price, however, with the many features it has to offer - it definitely is a must for a growing business with more complex workflows.

Tara
Controller in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Works well for small business

Comments: On a day to day bases, it is easy to use and easy to see a quick snapshot of where our company stands. Customers can view and pay their invoices online and money is deposited quickly. It has helped increase our cashflow.

Pros:

The software was fairly easy to set up and is very easy to use. Very forgiving. Errors can be corrected easily. (with the exceptions noted below)

Cons:

The recurring transaction feature does not always work as expected. Accounts or products that are created in error can only be made inactive, not deleted. We now have a lot of extras since the accountant that helped us import our Sage data imported everything twice. We have 2 of all our products and accounts.

CFO in US

QBO Advanced is underrated

Comments: QBO is easy to use and not because it's aimed towards inexperienced users or people who have no accounting background. It can be simple or used in advanced ways.

Pros:

The dashboard, cloud-based nature, and layout of the software has been up to date for at least 7 years whereas other general ledger software have stuck with more traditional builds.

Cons:

There isn't much I dislike. There are changes that are desired but these are features that other software also do not have.

Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

QuickBooks for Quick book keeping

Comments: Lastly i would say that this product is very good for small to midsize companies, but for large entities it may not offer much benefit. i personally have very good experience using this software because of its user friendliness.

Pros:

Ah , this product is a life savior, previously i was using a Fox pro base customized accounting software which was a big headache. this product is bug free and provided smooth book keeping experience. The best thing about this software is its user friendliness, which is in my opinion far better than any other software available .

Cons:

what i don't like about this software is it limitation to customization, you can not change this according to your specific needs. some times times you need to customize your processes and functions to fit in to QuickBooks advance. Secondly, this is for the small to mid size organizations not for big and multinational entities. For me i had difficulty in setting up project accounting because of less options are available. it is also to note that there is no automated procedure for fixed assets capitalization like other ERPs

Peggy
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

A Must-Have For Administrators Looking For Efficient Payroll and Budgeting Software

Comments: Exceptional. I would be unable to handle the administrative functions of my position as well as client caseload without this software.

Pros:

Ease of use! I am not an accountant nor am I professionally trained in business operations. When I was elevated from Staff Attorney to Executive Director I inherited administrative responsibilities that I was completely unfamiliar with. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how intuitive and efficient the software is. I am confident the transition into my position would have been far more difficult, but not for our subscription to QuickBooks Online.

Cons:

After connecting our client management database and bank accounts to Quickbooks Online, I began to see duplicate transaction entries. In troubleshooting the issue, I discovered that deleting the journal entry created by our client database was the only way to resolve the issue. This makes me uncomfortable. I wish there were a way to "archive" the journal transaction. This would allow the system to properly reflect the journal created by the client database, as well as my direct entry in the accounting software without affecting the overall balance.

Courtney
Writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Quickbooks Online is great!

Comments: Very pleased

Pros:

I use QBO daily. I appreciate this as our main payroll and accounting system. Quickbooks easily integrates with our third-party websites and needs; eg. credit card processing, Paypal, as well as our donor base as we are a 501c3 non profit. I did not have a background in accounting or business management. Quickbooks Online made it very easy to learn how this function works. QBO Customer service always goes above and beyond assisting any needs. Minimal downtime and errors with this software. Very Happy.

Cons:

Over the years QBO has made many advancements and received customer feedback for a quicker, simpler way to run and access reports. I do not have any issues using this software.

Cody
Finance Director in US
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

Great product for SMBs and growing enterprises.

Comments: Good! 7-8/10. It's not perfect & may not be the best fit for massive organizations, but you can get a lot of mileage from it if you spend time with the software & get comfortable with the range and depth of features available to Advanced users. Always play with the beta features!

Pros:

QBO Advanced is designed to be an all-in-one finance & accounting solution. There are larger-scale ERPs out there, e.g. Oracle, ION, but Intuit definitely has the market cornered on out-of-the-box F&A software. Because Intuit has so many components available, the software is also modular to a certain degree & admins can turn on/off features as needed.

Cons:

Intuit does not play nice with 3rd party integrations. There IS a developer portal if you're technical enough to do API work, but we've found software add-ons like Zapier are often necessary to build task automation into the manual steps of many QBO processes (which you will need if your organization works at scale & does not have a large accounting team).

Beth
Owner and COO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Comments: Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros:

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons:

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Katrina
Accountant in US
Utilities, 201–500 Employees

#1 Accounting Software

Comments: Quickbooks is what it is. I know it's not a perfect review and not what everyone wants to hear but it's the best one on the market BUT with that being said this program lacks a lot and has A LOT of glitches and malfunctions all the time. Will I be switching to another one. Probably not in the near future.

Pros:

The overall use of QB online is easy. It's straight to the point and anyone can learn how to use the software. The majority of the features are pretty easy and function great.

Cons:

THIS SOFTWARE IS SO GLITCHY AND SLOW! Some days this software works phenomenal and on the days you need it to work it doesn't. This is especially bad when it comes to the payment feature for contractors. To pay one contractor is fine but when you need to pay multiple and use the feature included in QB it's horrible. Every click takes at least 30 seconds to load making a job that should only take a few minutes take 1/2 your workday.

Joe
Finance Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and very convenient

Comments: It has provided me everything I need to do my job well and has a simplicity that allows me to work very quickly and efficiently. The things it might lack are not critical to what I need to get done at work.

Pros:

QBO is very user friendly and easy to get acquainted with quick. There are enough features to allow you to do a multitude of tasks. Online bill pay is an essential feature for us and allows us to send ACH payments for free in a timely manner. The system is able to operate quickly and not slow down with multiple programs open at once.

Cons:

Can be difficult to find discrepancies/accounting errors. Could have more protections against altering previous period numbers.

Anibal
Fiscal Manager in US

Great Product

Comments: Very user friendly

Pros:

Easy to use, is easy tp customize to our agency need,

Cons:

ability to change transactions once created and posted to the General Ledger