Gist Reviews

by ConvertFox Global

Filter by:

• Overall

About Gist

Single source of truth for your contacts with live chat, help desk, knowledge base, email marketing automation, and more.

Learn more about Gist

William A.
Broadcast Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/07

"+6 months I asked to have my billing information removed..."

Comments: After I had this experience with the emails I told them to delete my billing information as I didn't want to be charged another $200 in December when the addons I purchased were due to renew. Its been 6 months and I just took matters into my own hands. I had to add a prepaid gift card to the billing info, switch the default card to this junk gift card. After this I could finally delete my actual credit card. I was not going to fight them on a chargeback this december. This companies support has really become crap like the rest of their services.

Pros: The idea of using this software to run a ton of other things was very appealing, but it fell way short of this goal, left me very disapointed.

Cons: I received emails telling me that my ability to send emails was suspended for sending spam. I was not sending spam, and somehow the double optin email form I had on the site was the only thing sending out emails. So on 2-3 different occasions I had my account suspended for spam I wasn't sending out. They always verified that I wasn't sending out anything and quickly restored my access. Then the time when I actually did have something to send, I had a page that was only viewable if you had a password that was given out on a business card. If you entered your email there, it would send you out something very specific for a hiring event I was trying to do. This flagged my email again as spam. Again a password protected page with a double optin, and my legit emails were flagged as spam. It was too much.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/07
Mark F.
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/31

"Gist- The Perfect Sofware for any Service Related busines"

Comments: I am very happy with my Gist experience so far and rhey have been receptive to my ideas in the past with different features or how to streamline then to create a better user experience.

Pros: The chat box on Gist is by far my favorite Gist feature. Being able to talk with potential clients instantly via the Gist chat box i have on my sites makes communication far easier than endless email chains.

Cons: When gist first launched as Convert Fox they didn't have that many products or features, just mainly an email autoresponder. They have come a long way since then.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/31
Jordan R.
Jordan R.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/22

"Gist is Awesome!"

Comments: We've used the webchat feature to streamline our inbound marketing & answer customer-service queries. Been fantastic! We can't wait to dive in more to some of the other tools they offer.

Pros: Love the chat feature. Everything works well, notifications are reliable, works great!

Cons: Can't really say I dislike anything... Honestly they have so much more (than just chat) at our disposal that we need to implement! Haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Mark S.
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/07

"Gist is a powerful all-in-one platform for sales and service"

Comments: Gist gives us a single product for so much - live customer support, Knowledge Base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application and our website, and more.

Pros: Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications (like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others) with one platform. At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help. When it comes to their own support, Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering release new features.

Cons: For us, there is nothing to dislike. We cannot fault their product or their customer service.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/07
Bret C.
Secretary
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"Happy with Gist"

Comments: Managing support via email is untenable. Stuff gets lost. Wires get crossed. Aggregating support enables us to provide higher quality service to our customers. It also allows team members to add notes, so we can have a record of why any given decision was achieved.

Pros: Gist is similar to Intercom. It's a platform for managing your customer contacts and your communications with them. I like that, you can field inquiries for onsite chat, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter Direct Messages in a single location. Gist aggregates all your support channels. We use Gist for managing support and for communicating with property owners. I've not once experienced an outage. It always performs quickly. There's an iOS app. User experience is more than an app. It's the support you receive with it and how quickly the team responds to feedback. I genuinely like Gist's support team. They're a great bunch of people. On couple occasions, they're deployed changes in the same day. They always follow-up. A+ on the people side.

Cons: The one major change I want to see is how Gist user identity is managed. A single user can have multiple projects. That's fine. However, user identity is persistent across projects in an account, and there is no concept of an admin user. So, if you're communicating as two different entities -- abc.com and xyz.com -- you need to create a separate Gist account. While that's manageable, it's unmanageable in the iOS app. You can only be logged-in with one account at a time. If the model will continue as multi-project to single-domain, that's okay. However, in that configuration, the iOS app needs multi-account support.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Daniele R.
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/22

"Affordable price for Essential Marketing Tools"

Pros: 8 powerful tools to increase my business. GIST is the perfect tool to handle automation: marketing, support, knowledge base, forms, bots, tracking and much more. Your perfect ally!

Cons: I do not dislike anything. GIST has a LOT of functions and it's not always so easy to understand which tool to use for a specific goal. They have many article and videos, but I would suggest to add more documentation for advanced functions and scenarios. The support team is always available and ready to help though.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/22
Building Materials, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/15

"Really great all-in-one-tool"

Comments: Overall my experience of Gist is great. They have a quality product and whenever I need support their team is there to help me.

Pros: Gist is a great tool that I use for live chat, email support, chat bot, knowledgebase, newsletters. It covers all my needs.

Cons: I do feel that th level of the translation to Swedish is a bit low. It could have been done in a more profesional way, some of the content is badly translated.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/15
Stefan S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/24

"Great experience with Gist"

Comments: Great experience so far with Gist. I’m sure it will get better with time.

Pros: All-in-one software for SaaS. You don’t have to pay for different solutions to get things done.

Cons: Messenger functionality is not the best it can be. I liked the way Intercom approached visitor nudging. Gist could get some ideas from them.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/24
No Title, Just Roles
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/19

"All-in-one Support and Marketing Suite"

Comments: A great tool for the marketing & support area of a small to medium sized organization.

Pros: - simple and fast set-up
- Linking between crm and supportdesk
- engaged support
- messenger

Cons: - onboarding for new users could be even simpler

• Reviewed on 2020/04/19
Jorge D.
CMO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/02

"Affordable price for Essential Marketing Tools"

Pros: The focus they give to email marketing with a very popular concept. The Live Chat Bubble.

Cons: Slowly integrating with popular software platforms.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/02
Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/26

"Valuable Part of Our Stack"

Comments: We use Gist to communicate with our customers in real time and are very happy with it.

Pros: What I like most about Gist is that it's easy to use. I pasted some code on my site and now the conversation bubble is active. I really appreciate how I can customize which pages it appears on.

Cons: I would like a few more of the features available in the mobile app, but I understand that that would be hard to implement. The app does a great job at making the chat available to me everywhere.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/26
Ian K.
Ian K.
Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/28

"A Great Solution for Small Business Customer Service"

Comments: I've been able to go from a business that had a website, but didn't seem as professional, to a business that can contact customers and handle questions that come up in a quick and efficient manner.

Pros: I really like how easy it is to get Gist set up. It only takes a few minutes and then you can begin customizing it for your needs. I love how simple it was to get live chat set up and to customize the message based on the webpage. I was also able to see at a glance the emails and chat's I've had with a specific person who's visited my website and reached out.

Cons: The email builder is still a little basic. There are a couple templates, or you can code one in HTML, but if you don't feel like coding, you don't have many options besides the basic templates. I'd like to see some more email templates become available or a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/28
Moises M.
Moises M.
CO-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/05

"the Real All in One in Live Chat"

Pros: The chat box is very easy to set up, your chat Inbox shows very all the details of our visitor, that added to the automations that can be done is very useful.
is really very complete when it comes to chatting.
It's perfect even for Capture subscriber and excellent for communicating with our visitors and prospects on our sites

Cons: Since 2017 I met him has not stopped growing, and although I change name, now is much more powerful very useful for me, I see no cons.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/05
Social Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/11

"Gist saves my time"

Pros: I like that it is very simple to use and intuitive. I didn't have to struggle with learning an outdated website.

Cons: The loading time. Sometimes, the platform would take seconds, other minutes, other times it doesn't load at times.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/11
Drew H.
Drew H.
Website Development & Marketing Manager
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/09

"Gist is my favorite marketing automation platform"

Comments: I've been able to convert trial users into paying customers with no extra effort on my part, and follow up on shopping cart abandonment to boost customer lifetime value quickly and painlessly.

Pros: Easy to use after getting over the initial learning curve (it's got a lot of advanced features so it may take a bit of messing with everything to get the *Gist* of things - but well worth the effort). Makes marketing automation more precise and effective with minimal extra work or effort.

Cons: Not much, as mentioned in the Pros there's a bit of a learning curve but once you've gotten the hang of things it's a smooth experience.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/09
Michael N.
Michael N.
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/18

"Gist is not what it's made out to be"

Comments: I was looking for a "helpdesk" solution with near time chat from our website.

Pros: I like the ability to see each page a user has visited on our website and I like being able to reply to customers in near real time.

Cons: It's very un-intuitive and it is too easy to accidentally change or delete data if you click on the wrong icon. What I find most dismaying is there is no way to cancel the account. Once you are signed up, you held hostage. You cannot cancel from the account page nor the subscription page. There is no way to reach someone live and they do not reply to email.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/18
Steven C.
Steven C.
Business Development
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Great Product for my wordpress website!"

Pros: - Ease of Use
- user interface
- perfect for gathering emails of anonymous visitors

Cons: - I can't add [email protected]
- Delay in arrival of chat to my inbox

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Tobias M.
Tobias M.
Online Nerd
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/17

"Powerful all-in-one platform for sales and service"

Comments: Our overall experience using Gist is great. It is helping us a lot with our customer support. Turning our visitors into leads is simply awesome.

Pros: The live chat customer support is such a great tool. It was also very easy to implement the live chat with our WordPress site.

Cons: It was a bit hard to getting started because of all the opportunities the tool provides. Took some time to get a full overview of the tool.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/17
Carron H.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/05

"Perfect Automation Tool"

Comments: Great

Pros: Its all good. The automation and templates stand out most

Cons: Not too much. I like the complete setup.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/05
Douglas M.
Maritime, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/25

"Gist in time"

Pros: A great product with many great features

Cons: Nothing at this stage. It's growing fast.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/25
Christopher M.
Christopher M.
Author, Digital Marketer
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/26

"SLICK Messenger Bot + Full Email Automation"

Comments: Been using Gist for years now--replaced Active Campaign for me--and I'm able to do all the same things with a messenger bot, too!

Pros: Gist's messenger bot is very powerful and you're able to put it on your website as well as all your subdomains. It's become the #1 way my visitors prefer to interact with me. I had no idea how much interaction I was missing until I installed it. Then add full email marketing and you're really flying!

Cons: Gist is working to improve their speed through the browser. I wish the free plan allowed for use of webhooks like the paid plans do. But $29/mo isn't bad!

• Reviewed on 2021/01/26
Kejda G.
Kejda G.
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"Get the Gist: one tool to rule them all"

Comments: Very good, waiting for them to put some more finishing touches to WooCommerce integration. But already very useful and support is outstanding.

Pros: How it rolls multiple need to have tools into one: customer support, lead gen, lead nurture, marketing automation for both email and FB retargeting. Great UI and professional chatbot / LiveChat solution on the front and back end. I love the unified inbox feature too.

Cons: The extent of its integration with WooCommerce. Can't send proper cart abandonment emails because so far it can't generate an abandoned cart link. They're working on it though. I also don't love the extent / clarity of documentation for the automation features. A lot of power under the hood but to use very complex automations you need to ask support to clarify how various triggers / conditions work. On the flip side support is great at doing this and will help you out almost immediately.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Shayla B.
Fine Art, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/27

"Gist Makes Running My Solo Business A Breeze!"

Comments: As a solopreneur selling higher priced art, I need to have a really strong support tool to help answer any questions my clients may have before or during their purchase. I love that Gist gives me the ability to have live chat (which I can respond to from my phone!), a chat bot, and even a knowledge base!

Pros: With a single subscription, I'm able to manage my email list, operate both a chat bot and live chat (from my phone!) to support my customers, and even do targeted marketing campaigns on my website. Usually this would require logging into many different sites and then having to integrate them all and then pay for them all separately. Gist makes is possible to get it all done for a low price!

Cons: Honestly, there's really not a whole lot to dislike. They're always working on enhancements and new features and making the tool better every day. The free plan only allows for 1 user and I really would've loved 5, lol....but that's probably asking for a lot since the free plan already includes so much.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/27
Luke D.
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/15

"All-In-One Marketing Automation Software - Covers Most Features Needed"

Pros: I’ve been a fan of Gist (formely Convertfox) since after they launched their product. Since then, the product has developed with updates and new features being rolled out to assist business owners. The fact that it’s an all-in-one marketing automation platform is where it demonstrates its value. It incorporates: • Automations based on events
• Email automation
• Live chat & bots
• Scheduling
• Help desk/ knowledge base
• Forms
• Tracking
• Plenty of integrations
The platform essentially saves you connected different apps via APIs as it’s an all in one where contact data is updated along the way, from lead to customer.

Cons: Gist are constantly improving and listening to customer feedback which is great, but sometimes it does take time to implement. This is to be expected though from any company especially when there’s many users wanting all types of integrations and features added.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/15
Patrick B.
Patrick B.
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/24

"Great Value for Marketing Automation."

Comments: Overall, my experience with Gist has been excellent. The support has been great. They answer quickly and have been very helpful.

Pros: I like how easy it is to create automated workflows to guide our customers to make purchases. I also love the knowledge base, which allows our customers to get more answers without having to contact us. This saves us valuable time allowing us to focus on better customer service.

Cons: Hosted forms are not available, however, there are workarounds by embedding forms on my site using Gist forms. A Gist hosted form would eliminate a step making it faster to create the forms when we want to simply link a button to a form. I'm told that is something that will be added later.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/24