Google Classroom Reviews

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5

About Google Classroom

Collaboration tool that allows educators to create assignments, receive feedback, assess progress, share information, and more

Learn more about Google Classroom

Samiksha N.
Computer Teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/31

"Google Classroom provides effective learning environment at home."

Comments: I have been running my classes in Google Classroom by integrating it with Google Hangouts Meet and Google Forms. I am loving it!

Pros: Google Classroom lets its user to host online classes and manage them effectively. The application is easy to adapt and packs a lot of essential functions. Teachers can give assignments to their students via Google Classroom and the students have to submit it by attaching files within the date fixed by the host. And the host gives marking to the assignments. It can be used by integrating it along with other sites provided by Google to make the learning process more effective.

Cons: Google Classroom has all of the features required to run online classes effectively and I have never faced any problems using it.

Kevin M.
IT Consultant/Lecturer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/28

"A great online classroom"

Comments: I have to say that I am impressed with the Google classroom and what its able to do. With the current state of everyone being home online classrooms became a must have. While I did have access to more advance CMS that are structured for an education being pressed for time I chose to use Google Classroom. I now have about three classes online with a total of 50 students and I can say that Google classroom helps a lot with the day to day tasks when it came to teaching and providing assignments. Student we able to join and with some minor issues they were also able to upload their work. The great thing is that its accessible on both PC and Mobile so it can cater to more students.

Pros: The interface is sleek as with most Google designs. The lay out is simple and you can easily find everything you need to set up your classroom. Since I had three separate classes, I was able to configure each separately adding students via the provided invite code that can be generated by the classroom. Work and assignments can be easily structured for use by students and I love how Google gives you a dedicated Google Drive for storing uploaded classroom content. This accommodates all types of documents and media. There is also integration with YouTube which means students can watch videos from the classroom. I can give assignments and students can also upload their projects. As a basic educational tool Google Classroom is great.

Cons: The biggest downside is that it is too basic and lacks some extra features or some of the features implemented are limited. Maybe this is part of Google concept where all services are separated into apps in their G-Suite, but it can be annoying having a conference call with students, then switching to the classroom, then having to switch to the whiteboard. If all these services where integrated, it would make life a lot better. Also, there a few features that you will have to search online for instructions. Student notifications only work when new content is added. It you correct errors or made upgrades you will need to manually alert your students.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/28
Rahim S.
Google Classroom
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/05

"Google Classroom. Best school software!"

Comments: I've used this software for long and it's very good. I've used it often in school. Very easy to use, and you just need a google account to log in. Awesome and I can really recommend it! 7/10

Pros: What I like most about Google Classroom is the easiness. It's a very good program for students. The teacher creates a ''classroom'' and shares it to all people in the class via Gmail. And then can the students do the work. The teacher can write instructions too. When it's done can the teacher automatically see the work. And it is harder to not be finished with the work, you can see when the work needs to finish. This software is awesome! I've used it a lot when I was a student. I really recommend this!

Cons: What I like less about Google Classroom is that it is crashing sometimes. When I was a student, sometimes I couldn't log in. It's the only thing that isn't so good. Otherwise, I love Google Classroom!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Chamroeunrith C.
IT Manager
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/29

"Google Classroom best platform for Distance Learning"

Comments: well, I can recommend google classroom for teacher who use for distance learning with student during covid situations. teacher not require high knowledge to use google classroom. also student are able to get their lesson and material faster than moodle.

Pros: - fully integrated with the Google Features such as video, lesson, track answer, integrated to assignment as well.
- work on all devices, smart phone, laptop, chrome book etc. easy for student to use.
- Integrated with meeting as well for live training.
- Live record with meeting and integrated to google classroom.

Cons: - less features than moodle, moodle can customized the detail features than google classroom.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/29
Gabriela C.
Higher Education, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/07

"A friendly platform for education"

Comments: I learned to use this platform in the midst of the pandemic crisis, so it was wonderful to be able to learn so quickly, without interrupting my course. I like that I can include many varied resources and that it is a platform that allows both synchronous and asynchronous work modes. I can present what I have on my computer screen and combine applications and other tools. It allows collaborative work and allows an orderly course.

Pros: It is very easy to use.It allows the use of varied resources. The interface is nice. It allows you to easily switch between synchronous and asynchronous teaching modes, as it is contained in the Google package.

Cons: It can be complex to administer the course. For example, some students submit assignments and the submission is not recorded.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/07
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/13

"Student Review"

Comments: I've realized that this is a great way to group students and evaluate them.

Pros: Google Classroom allows me as a student to efficiently schedule my tasks and understand how to organize my work with the to-do feature.

Cons: As I help my teachers grade, I notice that the grading can be a bit slow. I would improve this about the site.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/13
Vaibhav C.
E-Learning, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/31

"Best platform to connect teachers and students"

Pros: Teacher can send you comments personally, they can share your marks. You can upload your homework and Assignment with a single tap. Pretty easy to use.

Cons: One student uploads and Assignment, it should show students, whether teacher saw his work or not. There must be a SEEN status or something which notifies students also that there work has been seen.

tacher
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/03

"classroom in the day to day"

Comments: It has helped me a lot to organize tasks and have faster access to questions about my classes.

Pros: It is very intuitive and easy to use, it has many tools that facilitate the compression and creation of classes and organization of tasks for a better control of activities towards the teacher

Cons: at the beginning it is a bit confusing since it is divided into three sections and it is a bit strategic to use

• Reviewed on 2020/11/03
Retail Associate
Retail, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/28

"Google Classroom Functionality"

Comments: It helps me stay organized and has overall been a huge help in my academic career.

Pros: Google classroom offers a reliable connection between my professors and us students. With different categories of posting, teachers can assign work that can have a set due date, make announcements that reach almost everyone they are trying to, and post questions to find out information directly from the students.

Cons: The only thing I wish Google Classroom had that it currently does not, is a much easier form of livestreaming or chatting. My professors have to use an external program, usually Google hangouts, that is not within the Google classroom app. It would be much easier if we were able to access video chat directly through the classroom website instead of having to go to a seperate tab.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/28
Abdelrahman M.
Content Creator
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/10

"Google Classroom is just the perfect learning alternative during the pandemic"

Comments: I didn't use about Google Classroom before the pandemic, but after it came and my college had to shut down, we used it as an alternative, and It really provided an unexpected perfect educational environment that made it so close to physically attending to my lectures.

Pros: The best thing I like about Classroom is that it provides a stable connection for the classes, as well as being very user friendly environment and straight to the point.
I also really loved the fact that it constantly reminds you of the upcoming work due dates. And it also has a calendar to keep you updated with everything within your courses.
I liked that its well organized, as there is are three sections for each subject, one for discussions, and its for all the people in the class, which are Teachers and Classmates, and another section for Classwork, and one for the people, which helps you know your classmates in each class.
Its also easy to roll or unroll in a subject, just get the code from the teacher and get in the class.
And after you are finished with any class, you can archive it and get back to it anytime later to see all the lectures and the classwork throughout the semester.

Cons: The only thing I find disturbing is that when people talk in the stream section (or the discussion section), messages get mixed up between teachers and classmates, It would be much better if it had two columns within the stream section, one for students messages, and the other for teachers. Other than that, my experience with Google Classroom is so good.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/10
Josh M.
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/15

"Simple Learning Management System"

Comments: Overall, Google Classroom's easy-to-use design makes it an excellent choice for a Learning Management System. Though it doesn't come with a lot of flashy tools and features, it is a no-nonsense format for anyone looking to keep information organized for a group. It has significantly improved my organization in my classroom and it helps my students stay up-to-date all things going on in all my classes.

Pros: The best part about Google Classroom is its simplicity. There's nothing flashy, no bells and whistles or fancy gadgets, just an organized space for posting, distributing, collecting, and grading materials. Some other LMS's try to get too much done at once, crowding the screen with a lot of different features. Google Classroom throws that idea away in favor of simple, streamlined distribution. The simple tab navigation for Stream, Classwork, and People makes accomplishing tasks quick and easy. One click of a button is all that's needy to make an announcement or send an email. The ability to post across multiple Classrooms really seals the bargain on this amazing product. Couple this with its integration of a host of other G Suite features, and it transforms how a classroom's work is managed.

Cons: There aren't many things I dislike about Google Classroom, but I will be quick to point out my frustration with editing posts and assignments. The issue is not that edits cannot be made, but that everything needs to be edited individually. For example, when I initially make a post to my literacy Classrooms, I select the option to duplicate that post across multiple Classrooms. But if I later realize I need to change or add something, I need to edit each individual Classroom as opposed to just editing the initial "master" announcement. It's a small but irritating thing when trying to save time.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/15
Kyle Y.
Motion Pictures & Film, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/09

"Save Paper With Google Classroom"

Comments: Google Classroom is an amazing modern tool for all teachers. Its interface allows for easier communication with student and teachers and more convenient school and homework. As a middle school and high school student, I really appreciated having access to these tools that didn't exist a couple of years before then. And with the following years, I hope to see more features added to Google Classroom.

Pros: Google Classroom has been a stable feature of my middle school and high school career. Almost every teacher in the school used Google Classroom as a way to make it easier for us students to turn in assignments and for us to transition into a newer more convenient way to get school and homework done. What I really like about Google Classroom is its simplicity. In conjunction with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. Google Classroom really shines as a substitute to standard turn-in baskets using paper. It's the ultimate tool for teachers and students because all of it costs no money. The only thing required is a Google Account which is just as easy to set up as a Google Classroom. Being able to turn in assignments whenever via the internet is a huge benefit for students because it makes it so they don't have to sort through their binders to look for a paper they may have forgotten at home. All of your files can be stored in your Google Account which can be accessed by almost every device and therefore there is less stress when turning in assignments. Google Classroom is a strong option for most teachers of any grade and its ability to make work less of a hassle is in my opinion makes it one of the best tools for school.

Cons: Like most of the Google softwares, Classroom does not need much to improve upon. I suppose Google could add a dark mode if they haven't already. I haven't used Google Classroom on my phone but if they don't have this feature, they should add notifications for when your assignment is about to be due. Personally I don't have any issues with Google Classroom except its design. I feel like it could change it slightly however this is not really something that Google needs to worry about. One thing I would like to add would be an easier way to connect with Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. For example, when I finish writing an essay in Google Docs there should be a classroom button that allows me to turn it in without having to manually go to the Google Classroom website and turn it in there. These are just suggestions but Google has made a strong application that has little to improve upon and is fine the way it is.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/09
Gustavo F.
Medical Intern
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"Your best companion during your studies"

Comments: Google Classroom has become an essential part of my graduation. The ease and speed with which teachers can post assignments, reading materials and classes, in addition to the interaction between students and teachers, make Google Classroom a great ally of our studies, and its relevance is even more evident in these times of social detachment and quarantine.

Pros: With Google Classroom, teachers are able to easily offer their students new study strategies and track each student’s progress in detail. In just a few steps it is possible to send reading materials, recorded lessons and assignments to all students that can be completed through Google Forms. The students' answers can be easily accessed and also easily transformed into data capable of showing the performance of the room and the questions that offered the greatest difficulty. For students, this teaching platform allows quick interaction with teachers and classmates, who can post comments and questions publicly or privately, in addition to being able to receive individualized feedback from teachers.

Cons: Even with all its qualities, Google Classroom has some technical flaws that do not make any of its features unfeasible, but that can make them less intuitive. Viewing videos posted by teachers depends on integration with the Google Drive platform, and this communication may be flawed on mobile devices. It is common for the video preview to close when Google Drive is started automatically, and it is necessary to reselect the video in Google Classroom to start it in Google Drive. Another, less common but equally frustrating flaw is the lack of notification for some tasks that are approaching the deadline.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/26
Alicia A.
Educator
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/25

"Diverse use for students"

Comments: It has been a very positive experience despite the glitches. Every year, Google improves Google Classroom.

Pros: It is very effective in creating differentiated instructions for students. You can assign different students different activities, thereby providing for all levels of learners in a classroom.

Cons: There is not enough variety of images in the forum option. Sometimes there are glitches in the system and the notification does not always pop up when students complete assignments.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/25
Mark a. H.
Middle School Religion Teacher
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/10

"Google Classroom is still a classroom"

Comments: Our overall experience with Google classroom is favorable. We have used it in conjunction with our 1:1 technology initiative with student issued Chromebooks. We have no plans to switch products at this time

Pros: -Ease in disseminating information and assigning work to students.
-Accountability for each student as student work can be easily monitored.
-seamless interface with google drive and G-suite
-Ability to communicate with students.
-Students communicate and collaborate with others

Cons: -Upgrades are not announced, so what you have done one day might be different the next in terms of using the classroom. I would just like to know when an upgrade is occurring or has occurred rather than being surprised and having to figure it out.
-Settings are hard to switch. You have to go to settings and then to advanced settings. Still when you have changed your setting you aren't sure you have done it...there is no way to verify other then monitoring your classroom...or asking the students face to face in real life.
-Settings changes are not global. So you have to go into every individual classroom to change settings. That can be quite tedious after a while.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/10
Lucas T.
Administrator
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/13

"Google Classroom for the Digital Educator"

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. It's made facilitating classes much easier, and has allowed students to do more work when it's the best timing for them. In our specialized school we deal with a lot of absenteeism, and Classroom helps to manage that issue much better than what I was using before.

Pros: I like that it is compatible with the Google Suite software. I can make an assignment for students on Classroom, then link any materials needed for the assignment that may be saved in my Drive or Docs. I can create digital assignments and assessments using Docs and Forms, and attach any materials or spreadsheets. It's easy to add links or videos to assignments as well. There are also many Add-Ons that compliment Classroom making it easier to facilitate. Students like that it is all digital and they can access everything they need from where ever they might be.

Cons: I don't like that grading doesn't carry over to the Classroom Grading area from assessments or assignments made using Google Forms if you attach anything to the assignment in addition to the Form.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/13
Kearstyn G.
RSP
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/30

"The Perfect Classroom Aide"

Comments: Google Classroom is a wonderful way to distribute writing assignments to my whole class and comes complete with spell check to make the editing process all the easier for my learning writers. I express particular gratitude for the speech-to-text feature that I know I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros: One of the many reasons why I enjoy and regularly use Google Classroom is that I can assign tasks and prompts - whether it be a simple question for my students to respond to or an essay prompt - and have all my students be able to see such assignments and complete them. Everything is automatically saved so the occasional (and inevitable) “select all, delete all” disaster can easily be fixed, even if the student logs out and back in. The “Restore previous versions” feature has saved many an essay from being lost forever. My students can write, edit, and turn in completed work. I can also monitor their progress and leave notes of guidance.
Students can also join more than one “class” which is exceptionally helpful as an RSP teacher. My students can see and complete written work from both their home-room and my resource class.
One particular feature has truly saved several of my students who have difficulty writing, spelling, and typing and have thus turned in incomplete and lacking work in the past. But with the speech-to-text microphone feature, my students can verbally “write” their responses and not fixate on poor spelling or get frustrated about how slow they type. They can easily express their ideas in a hassle-free way.

Cons: The features I use and the mechanics that run them all work fine. My students and I don’t get too complex or try to push any limits so no real con has presented itself.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/30
Clark A.
Primary/Secondary Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/18

"Google Classroom in the Real Classroom"

Comments: I really enjoy using Google Classroom to get information out to my students quickly. It is my Homebase for all of my websites, information, assessments, files, you name it. My students know to go there for links to everything.

Pros: What is great about Google Classroom is that I can give my students an assignment on Google Classroom and they can access it immediately. I can also create a template for them that automatically creates a copy for the students and I get a copy of it too. I can see what they are doing in realtime. I can also make comments or corrections as they type.
With Google Classroom, I can also give my students a quiz which I can set to autocorrect, even preset words or boundaries to look for.
Creating and adding students to the Google Classroom is very easy. It is also nice to share websites, documents, files, videos or pictures easily with students.

Cons: I wish this program had more options for video and audio responses for the students. Also, the format that it creates a link to websites is not very good. I put my classroom website on there and the preview window says "Google Sign In." I wish it were a little more pleasing to the eye in that regard.
Also, I wish I could add students to quizzes once they are published. I have new kids in my classes almost every day and it is frustrating to create a new quiz for the new kid.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/18
John C.
School Teacher
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/01

"Google Classroom is a must for today's classroom"

Comments: I have been using Google Classroom in my middle and high school classrooms since its early beta stage. I can tell you with 6 different preps in a school day, this is a great way to keep myself and my students organized and on task.

Pros: Google Classroom is a great platform to use for setting up your daily activities in the classroom. It is used to put out information to your students, allows for collaboration as students complete their assignments, and allows for easy assignment submission. Although not a full course management systems - it operates as and contains the major functions of one in an easy to use format. Works across all platforms, especially great with the Google environment for Chromebooks that seem to be the device of choice in many school districts.

Cons: Google is updating their software frequently - which is good, but sometimes the changes are not announced ahead of time or in a way that prepares you or the student in advance to the change.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/01
Eric G.
ESOL Classroom Teacher
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/28

"Google Classroom: Absolutely essential for teaching in the 21st Century."

Comments: Overall, I have found that this software has absolutely changed the way I teach. I am able with the click of a button to send my students assignments, video links, study guides, and other resources essential for their learning. It also makes it easier for parents to interact with their child's education and puts them in more of a position of power to help.

Pros: This software, after a small bit of initial setup, creates a seamless and simple way to manage a classroom. This includes dramatically saving me time when it comes to making assignments and grading. I am able to complete a task that normally would eat up 30 minutes in about 5 minutes. In addition to the time saving, I also find that this software makes it so my students have easier access to their own work, and are able to access it at any time, given they have a device to access it on. Gone are the days of missing homework and forgotten assignments. With everything now in Google Classroom, there is always a way to get access to the work. It has been revolutionary for me.

Cons: I find that it there are inconsistencies in how I am pushed to interface with this software, and it isn't very intuitive to discover how to adjust and change my experience. I find that the management method is not consistent even from one classroom to the other, and the way assignments are created and graded is not quite the same. This causes only a slight issue, but I wish it was more intuitive to navigate the customization controls for the classroom interface.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/28
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/02

"If You're Not Using GC, Get on Board!"

Comments: I used many different work arounds for creating templates and having students turn work in before I started using Google Classroom, and once I made the jump it changed my life. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to send work out, keep things organized, and view everything in one place. I no longer have to deal with students losing their work, or not knowing something was due. It has made all of our lives easier and enriched the learning that takes place in my classroom on a daily basis.

Pros: I can't describe how easy Google Classroom makes managing my assignments. It's the best platform for organizing work, creating templates, providing examples for students, accessing student work in real time, providing feedback and housing student work in general. It is very user friendly, and I would not be nearly as effective at my job without it.

Cons: The only feature that I can think of that I would want on a regular basis is the ability to see things from the student side of the portal as opposed to the teacher side. I often record videos and have to describe to the students what they will see even though what they are seeing on the screen is what I see. I don't think this would be a difficult feature to add. Facebook has a feature where you can see what your public profile looks like, Google Sites has a feature where you can view the published version of your site (what others see), it seems like it would be something they could offer. It won't stop me from using the software. It's just one small thing I often wish I had access to.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/02
Faiyaz T.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/28

"A decent E-Learning software!"

Comments: As its in the google ecosystem, Google's Conference software,'Google Meet' is being used to monitor the students. The assignment can be properly distributed to the students. Teachers can share their screen and also can share their whiteboard display!

Pros: In this recent Pandemic situation, the whole world has almost taken a pause. But as Education can't be left apart, softwares like Google Classroom has become very efficient and handy for conducting Classes and counciling of students. Google Classroom is literally a great app powered by Google's ecosystem. The Assignments and classworks can be easily done. Teachers and students can easily solve the problems in an easy manner! The interface is good. Navigation is also smooth. Overall its a very powerfull multi platform supported app.

Cons: Basically there aren't any major issues but when the number of students get more than 50, the shared documents might be hard to control. There is lack of Online Polls and Quizes. But it might get added after some developments.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/28
Anvita S.
Educator
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/22

"Google Classroom Streamlines Everything"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Classroom has been extremely rewarding. I have saved so much time, paper, and energy which allows me to improve the quality of my assignments and teaching while I can interact with students in real time, monitor their work, and quickly see who has submitted work. I love that it is accessible on any device and it makes my job so much easier. I love that it has decreased paper wastage immensely and I would highly encourage teachers to utilize Google Classroom as it is certainly a game changer.

Pros: I love Google Classroom. I have been using it as a new teacher and find that it is amazing to streamline work from Google Drive, Slides, Docs, GMAIL, etc. and unifies everything on one platform. I absolutely love how quick and easy it makes it for me to see who has turned in their work within a few glances, rather than sifting through each paper and making hand written notes and lists on who has and has not submitted work. I also absolutely love that students can interact with each other, making group work much more efficient and convenient, and that I can make comments in realtime. This saves so much time. I like that I can monitor their progress and be there in real time to oversee everything even if we are not together in person. Lastly, I love that I can not only organize but also create new assignments on this platform. Amazing!

Cons: While I love the ease, convenience, and streamlining functions, it is a personal preference of mine that at times I miss the touch and feel of traditional paper assignments. Not every assignment is compatible with online platforms, especially in math, and that is less of a complaint directly about Google Classroom and more of my personal preferences and reality of paper and pencil needing to be supplemented with technology. Of course there is always the legitimate concern of student's access to this technology outside of the classroom as well and educators and people using this should be mindful of that before planning everything through Google Classroom. Aside from these few points, it is an amazingly convenient tool for teachers to have everything organized in one place.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/22
Daniel F.
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/22

"A Teacher's Best Friend"

Comments: Google Classroom is a must for any classroom with the technology to support it. Its easy implementation and connection to so many other tools, this will be a hub for your students and create an easy structure for your class - not to mention it is free AND a green solution!

Pros: Google Classroom is the hub for my classes since it easily allows me to connect my students to whatever resources or assignments I might need. Like all other Google Tools, it can connect and collaborate with other Google Tools, it can also connect to other sites. The ability for me to make a Google Form quiz assignment, attach an article from an information database, and implement all the grades afterward into a Classroom gradebook makes it so easy for students to work independently and from wherever they have internet access! Many articles even have a button to share directly with your Google Classroom making it even easier! One other great use for this tool is that if I'm ever sick and not at school, I can add an assignment from my computer, helping substitutes immensely.

Cons: Google Classroom allows for a lot of customization for classes, but I wish it has a little more "behind-the-scenes" tools. For example, other Google tools like Docs allow you to see version history, which could be very helpful in a Classroom setting if you needed to undo a mistake or wanted to see students' interactions with the page.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/22
Brittany B.
ELA Teacher
E-Learning, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/27

"Google Classroom for distance learning win!"

Comments: Overall, I find Google classroom extremely user-friendly for all ages and levels of experience. It is very easy to upload assignments and documents. The fact that it is compatible with so many other websites makes it a huge plus in my book. If it would just add a few more customization tools, it would be the perfect platform to utilize within the classroom or through distance learning.

Pros: I absolutely love how compatible Google Classroom is with other websites and programs. While I have used this program for quite some time, my students have not (lack of technology within the school unfortunately). It is super user friendly overall for all ages and experience. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. One major bonus point for me is that there is an application for your phone as well and it sends me notifications when students submit work, write a comment.

Cons: While there are a lot of websites and programs compatible with Google Classroom, I don't feel like there is a ton of customization within GC itself. I would ideally like to create folders right there within the page and cannot do so. I do wish there was the ability to use different fonts, sizes, etc. Versus using another program to continuously copy and paste back on to Google Classroom. Another slight issue I do find time consuming is that there aren't any notifications like on the phone app, that tells you when a student submits work, private messages, etc.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/27