• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5

About Google Classroom

Collaboration tool that allows educators to create assignments, receive feedback, assess progress, share information, and more

Learn more about Google Classroom

Showing 1 058 reviews

Rahim S.
Google Classroom
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/05

"Google Classroom. Best school software!"

Comments: I've used this software for long and it's very good. I've used it often in school. Very easy to use, and you just need a google account to log in. Awesome and I can really recommend it! 7/10

Pros: What I like most about Google Classroom is the easiness. It's a very good program for students. The teacher creates a ''classroom'' and shares it to all people in the class via Gmail. And then can the students do the work. The teacher can write instructions too. When it's done can the teacher automatically see the work. And it is harder to not be finished with the work, you can see when the work needs to finish. This software is awesome! I've used it a lot when I was a student. I really recommend this!

Cons: What I like less about Google Classroom is that it is crashing sometimes. When I was a student, sometimes I couldn't log in. It's the only thing that isn't so good. Otherwise, I love Google Classroom!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Vaibhav C.
Student
E-Learning, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/31

"Best platform to connect teachers and students"

Pros: Teacher can send you comments personally, they can share your marks. You can upload your homework and Assignment with a single tap. Pretty easy to use.

Cons: One student uploads and Assignment, it should show students, whether teacher saw his work or not. There must be a SEEN status or something which notifies students also that there work has been seen.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/31
Syed tauqeer haider R.
Software Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/29

"Best Online Application for Classes"

Comments: it is very excellent application i use in pandemic lock-down, it help me to meetup online with my friend and attending my niece classes.

Pros: i use this application during COVID-19 for my niece to attending his classes online. it very helpful during this pandemic lock-down, it also help me to arrange my friend meetups and enjoy for some time in this tense situation. you can create as many as classes from one account.

Cons: some time i face connection problem in google classroom due to class code not work properly when i am with my niece.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/29
tacher
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/03

"classroom in the day to day"

Comments: It has helped me a lot to organize tasks and have faster access to questions about my classes.

Pros: It is very intuitive and easy to use, it has many tools that facilitate the compression and creation of classes and organization of tasks for a better control of activities towards the teacher

Cons: at the beginning it is a bit confusing since it is divided into three sections and it is a bit strategic to use

• Reviewed on 2020/11/03
Chamroeunrith C.
IT Manager
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/29

"Google Classroom best platform for Distance Learning"

Comments: well, I can recommend google classroom for teacher who use for distance learning with student during covid situations. teacher not require high knowledge to use google classroom. also student are able to get their lesson and material faster than moodle.

Pros: - fully integrated with the Google Features such as video, lesson, track answer, integrated to assignment as well.
- work on all devices, smart phone, laptop, chrome book etc. easy for student to use.
- Integrated with meeting as well for live training.
- Live record with meeting and integrated to google classroom.

Cons: - less features than moodle, moodle can customized the detail features than google classroom.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/29
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/02

"If You're Not Using GC, Get on Board!"

Comments: I used many different work arounds for creating templates and having students turn work in before I started using Google Classroom, and once I made the jump it changed my life. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to send work out, keep things organized, and view everything in one place. I no longer have to deal with students losing their work, or not knowing something was due. It has made all of our lives easier and enriched the learning that takes place in my classroom on a daily basis.

Pros: I can't describe how easy Google Classroom makes managing my assignments. It's the best platform for organizing work, creating templates, providing examples for students, accessing student work in real time, providing feedback and housing student work in general. It is very user friendly, and I would not be nearly as effective at my job without it.

Cons: The only feature that I can think of that I would want on a regular basis is the ability to see things from the student side of the portal as opposed to the teacher side. I often record videos and have to describe to the students what they will see even though what they are seeing on the screen is what I see. I don't think this would be a difficult feature to add. Facebook has a feature where you can see what your public profile looks like, Google Sites has a feature where you can view the published version of your site (what others see), it seems like it would be something they could offer. It won't stop me from using the software. It's just one small thing I often wish I had access to.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/02
Brittany B.
ELA Teacher
E-Learning, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/27

"Google Classroom for distance learning win!"

Comments: Overall, I find Google classroom extremely user-friendly for all ages and levels of experience. It is very easy to upload assignments and documents. The fact that it is compatible with so many other websites makes it a huge plus in my book. If it would just add a few more customization tools, it would be the perfect platform to utilize within the classroom or through distance learning.

Pros: I absolutely love how compatible Google Classroom is with other websites and programs. While I have used this program for quite some time, my students have not (lack of technology within the school unfortunately). It is super user friendly overall for all ages and experience. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. One major bonus point for me is that there is an application for your phone as well and it sends me notifications when students submit work, write a comment.

Cons: While there are a lot of websites and programs compatible with Google Classroom, I don't feel like there is a ton of customization within GC itself. I would ideally like to create folders right there within the page and cannot do so. I do wish there was the ability to use different fonts, sizes, etc. Versus using another program to continuously copy and paste back on to Google Classroom. Another slight issue I do find time consuming is that there aren't any notifications like on the phone app, that tells you when a student submits work, private messages, etc.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/27
Aden L.
Freelancer
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/15

"An awesome option for students!"

Comments: Overall, I love the experience with Google Classroom. It enhances my ability to learn in and out of class ten-fold. If I were to ever become a teacher, I would definitely use Google Classroom as my way of communicating to my students.

Pros: As a student, I found this software incredibly east to use. I could easily go from classroom page to classroom page and click on each individual classroom and find a plethora of assignments or notes that the teacher would post for me. I love the fact that you can upload files and powerpoints, so you can easily open them up and look over them again if you feel the need to. I also love how easy it is to view already graded assignments, and I also love that you can comment on those graded assignments and converse with the teacher for more tips through these comments. Its incredibly phone-friendly as well, as I mainly use my phone for google classroom and I can easily get to it and navigate through it any time I want.

Cons: I wish there was a way you could notify yourself if something was due through google classroom, as in, the application would ping your phone reminding you to turn in something by a certain time so you would be reminded of it. Its very minor since I can set that reminder elsewhere, but it would be just that much more convenient if this was an available option

• Reviewed on 2020/03/15
Social Work Intern
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/11

"Great for Professionals and Their Students!"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Classroom has been great and compared to many of the other platforms that I have used in the past, I think this one is absolutely amazing. In terms of a clean interface with simplicity in being able to use, nothing beats Google Classroom! Therefore, I would highly reccomend for anyone looking to use this actually give it a try because it can be really convenient and make things easier!

Pros: I think Google Classroom is a great platform and would prefer it to even many of the other paid services that schools often pay for, such as Schoology. What I really like about Google Classroom is the clean interface that makes everything so simple. It's very easy to navigate around the platform and easy to create assignments and see submissions. In addition, I really like the feature of being able to schedule posts, such as announcements and assignments, as this allows for me to get my work done quickly without having to worry about forgetting later.

Cons: What I like the least about Google Classroom is that I have had instances where students submit assignments a little before the deadline but the assignments will still be labeled as late submission, even though that's not the case. This sometimes requires me to look at the date and timestamp myself to have to figure out if the assignment was indeed late or not. Although this does not happen too frequently, I just find it inconvenient when it does happen.

Paul Z.
E-Learning, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/18

"Google Classroom is a nice simple LMS solution."

Comments: I have enjoyed using Google Classroom and have even switched one of my courses that was using a Moodle server over to this. I did lose some functionality doing that but keeping students on the same platform for all of their courses and the integration with Google Drive and other Google Apps made it worth it. Google has also been pretty responsive to listening to feedback and adding features over time.

Pros: I do like that Google Classroom has a very simple interface that still gives me the ability schedule assignments and repost assignments from archived classes.

Cons: I really would like there to be sometime of built in forum or discussion group feature. You can ask questions and have students respond to each other but it is pretty limited and if you do this you have to allow students to comment on the course stream also and I am not a fan of that.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/18
Nick B.
IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/11

"Needs A Couple Features, But an Excellent Value"

Comments: Overall, Google classroom works nicely as a supplemental classroom tool for digital work. It gets the job done even if it lacks a few small features. I plan to continue using it whether those features are added or not due to the ease of setup and management for teachers and students.

Pros: Google Classroom is extremely easy to get up and running for users on our G Suite domain. Users simply sign in and are ready to create classes and start posting assignments for students. It helps us drive student engagement in classes that may only be offered one of two days a week.

Cons: There is no parent engagement. There is no way for parents to view student progress or track student learning aside from signing into their child's account. It would be amazing to allow parents guest access to view student assignments or ask questions to teachers through classroom via private messages or posts.

Veronica W.
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/25

"Excellent way to engage your students and manage distance learning."

Comments: So far I've been happy. It's easy to use and my students have found it easy to use as well.

Pros: It delivers. I can manage the content my students need on a daily basis, even when I have to jump from one subject to another and have to manage different links such as Nearpod, Google Slides, Flipgrid, etc. As an Elementary School educator I have 6 different subjects that I have to manage, not to mention homework, intervention, music, and even physical education. I can prepare assignments ahead of time and also write announcements on a live stream for parents and students. Google Classroom is our class hub.

Cons: I have been adviced to keep all my lessons and it is sad that I can't archive my lessons. I can archive my class at the end of the year or create a new class and archive the current class, but it would be easier to create a folder and put my lesson in it so that my classwork space wouldn't look so convoluted.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/25
Daniel L.
Asistente ejecutivo superior
Accounting, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/18

"Classes anytime and anywhere"

Comments: It allowed me to continue my studies and graduate in the midst of a serious political crisis.

Pros: I used google classroom throughout my university career.
Its versatile and functional platform made it possible to digitize many subjects that were traditionally taught face-to-face by a new dynamic and flexible virtual plane.
During the periods of violent protest in my country, in which the city was completely immobilized, I could continue taking the exams as well as follow my subjects thanks to google classroom.
It is very simple to use, it allows the teacher to schematize all the content in a dynamic and attractive way as well as acilitates the interaction of the student with the content and the immediate feedback between both. You can also access the educational content 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cons: Google classroom was very useful for my university years. I do not have any complaints

• Reviewed on 2019/06/18
Masum B.
Lecturer
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/31

"A precise tool to organize the class work."

Comments: Any size of smart education institute can use Google Classroom for providing better-organized education. In one word, Google Classroom is easy to use and interactive tool for students and teachers. I am very satisfied so far for its all types of features and I highly recommend all the institutes to start their journey with google classroom.

Pros: Lots of features are there I like most. Announce materials and managing it very easy. On the other hand, taking assignment or quiz is super convenient as arranging the answer script is really easy and evaluating( available an option for auto-evaluating the answer script also) at a time exporting result/grade is also super easy. Moreover, scheduling is also a great feature if anyone forgets to give any assignment or quiz or even any post on time like me.

Cons: Better to have a quick video conference option in front of the dashboard for starting a live class just in a second with the connected people/students.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/31
Engineer
Computer Hardware, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/13

"A New Standard for Teaching"

Pros: Turning assignments has never been easier with Google Classroom. During the summer, I taught a small course with javascript to high school students and this platform allowed my students to turn in programming assignments very easily. Before Google Classroom, my students were used to turning in their assignments through their school software and that was unreliable because of constant server crashes. However, with Google Classroom, I can control submission dates and see a timestamp of everything.

Cons: Unfortunately, Google Classroom is only popular with High School teaching. In college, specifically with the University of California Riverside, the standard for turning in assignments is through a software called Ilearn which is unreliable. Google classroom also has no automated quiz system which is super useful if implemented. Another issue that I found annoying was the classroom code. Each time I wanted to add a student into the course, they would constantly have to copy and paste a code to get into my class. A better solution to this perhaps include an option to allow me to add students through a link.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/13
Laura A.
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/27

"Cheap, but very limited"

Comments: I used it as a teacher with my middle school students. I don't see it working for preschool or elementary, unless you add the parents as students as well. Parents need to create a Google account to be able to access the information from the newsletter/summary they get. Students don't really get a grade book, but they can see grades for each assignment. Needs a lot of work still.

Pros: Very easy to use and figure out. Students have access to information you want them to get at a low cost.

Cons: Parents don't have access to monitoring other than receiving a weekly or monthly email that says any upcoming or pending assignments, but they don't have access to see anything other than the title of the assignment. Does not link to Turn it in. They are constantly working on improving the platform, but it still lacks a lot of work/improvements.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/27
Director Of Technology
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/16

"Great software for schools!"

Comments: Great experience!

Pros: It keeps all classwork in one place and it a great place to sort assignments and grades as needed within the class.

Cons: Wish that it could be integrated better with a wider variety of software solutions.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/16
Jennifer P.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/02

"Excellent Resource!"

Pros: As a teacher I like how easy it is to organize my classroom and extend learning to students during all hours of the day.

Cons: It would be nice to have more flexibility to organize and arrange personal buttons and navigation.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/02
Ashleigh D.
Art Educator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/28

"Google Classroom Can't Be Beat!"

Comments: Overall, my experience is positive and I don't know what I would do without Google Classroom! It is so innovative and user-friendly!

Pros: When it comes to sharing information and managing submissions in one place, you can't beat Google Classroom! I found that this software allowed me to manage and test knowledge like I've never been able to before. I really like that many types of documents and applications can be shared in one place, and that linking my students together there is effortless. All ages can learn to utilize and even thrive in Google Classroom!

Cons: There isn't anything that I liked least about this software. It addresses all of my concerns and my students find it very user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/28
Sanjeep L.
Quality Assurance and Frontend Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/29

"Why choose google classroom?"

Comments: I personally using Google classroom since 3 years. I have found that google classroom is one of best platform for easy study where both teachers and students can communicate easily. but still there are some features are need to be add.

Pros: Reason of using google classroom are:
- Suitable platform for both teachers and students.( Teachers can easily post any content regarding studies and students can see all content and can submit assignment easily)
- It is easy to use (user friendly)
- Can join from anywhere if we have access code.

Cons: It would be better if
- It has own notification features ( We have to check Gmail to check google notification)
- If it has well content manage.
- If google classroom has chatting features.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/29
Andrew D.
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/22

"Not perfect, but improving"

Comments: As I have become more familiar with GC and they have added features my experience has gotten better and better.

Pros: It integrates very well with all other G Suite for Education programs. Since our students can use the same log in for everything and all reminders are sent to their Gmail account. I like that I can reuse assignments from previous year's classes, this is a huge time saver rather than having to rewrite the assignment every marking period.

Cons: Biggest issue is that grades do not easily transfer to other grading applications which means entry needs to be done twice. It would also be nice if classroom settings could be saved for all new classes. For example, default is to have all classwork show up in the stream, while this can be turned off for any class, when you create a new class the feature is turned back on.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/22
Paige B.
teacher
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/07

"Google Classroom"

Comments: Since our school had to suddenly transition from a regular classroom to online instruction, I am so thankful we had this "one stop" place through which I could communicate with my students. It was an adjustment, but was simple enough that the transition did not take long.

Pros: Google Classroom is very easy to learn and use. Students, for the most part, were able to learn how to use it quickly as well. I can post messages, post assignment, email students, and view their work all from one location. I like that I can create an assignment one time for multiple classes.

Cons: When I comment on student work, they had trouble finding my comments. The highlighted portions were so light, some students didn't notice. Many students missed the private comments I sent them because they didn't get any kind of notification that they had received comments.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/07
Timothy T.
Database Administrator
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/10

"Learn and stay connected within the Google product suite."

Comments: I set up an "Avoiding E-mail Phishing" course that was made available for other employees at my company with lots of in-class activities, questions, and examples for the inclined. Feedback was given on their submission and Google Classroom facilitated easy interchange between teachers and pupils online.

Pros: There's no way to prescribe lesson plans, assignments, shared learning activities, and feedback on submissions with such ease unless you're using Google Classroom. The course setup is intuitive and setting up your first class takes ten minutes instead of ten hours.

Cons: I was hoping for more syncing of submissions, permissions, folders, and documents with Google Drive. There are very few options for submission of tasks and completed "assignments" that make use of other existing google products.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/10
Tara M.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/18

"Vital for Virtual Teaching"

Comments: Google Classroom allows me as an educator to upload lessons, documents, YouTube videos, and more to my classroom for student viewing. The students quickly learned how to work the program. One of the best things is that it easily syncs with many other programs we use, allowing me to assign work from other websites with a directly link to click on the classroom website.

Pros: Google Classroom has been a necessity for teaching virtually during the pandemic. My students became familiar with it quickly and this software is extremely easy to upload work to. It allows for personal customization. One of the best things is that it easily syncs with many other programs we use, allowing me to assign work from other websites with a directly link to click on the classroom website.

Cons: I haven't found anything that I dislike about this software.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/18
Jennie W.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/01

"Google Classroom User"

Comments: Love google classroom and is my go to when uploading schoolwork for my classes.

Pros: Google Classroom is so easy to use. It is also student friendly. The students in my class can access materials very easily and quickly. Time is money, so anything that is faster I am all for. My favorite feature is the option to make a copy for all the students when I upload an assignment. Other platforms don't make a copy and I have to tell them how to make a copy, etc. -----hence wasting time.

Cons: I do not the gradebook. Either I haven't figured out the way to properly use it or it just needs improvement.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/01