Filter by:

• Overall

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Biz Dev Manager
International Affairs, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/27

"Amazing tool"

Comments: it allowed us to create a GTD system and keep the rest of the team on track with all projects and the combination of urgent tasks across active projects to make every day productive

Pros: I liked the fact that we were able to create a fantastic GTD system (getting things done) that helps us keep track of our active projects, review tasks and collect all ideas and insights that get later categorized

Cons: their task management UI is less intuitive to use than notion, which makes us upset because it's the main reason we use notion, especially on mobile

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Notion: we switched because we felt constrained by the fact that the kanban system was the only way to structure a document

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: cost (we're in the free tier), colleagues recommendations and perceived ease of setup

• Reviewed on 2021/07/27
CTO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/21

"The ultimate knowledge sharing tool"

Comments: I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros: The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons: There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/21
Rekha C.
Data Scientist
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/12

"Best tool for all your productivity needs"

Comments: Notion is one of the best tools for personal / team productivity. All the features of Notion makes the user experience very intuitive. It allows users to customize the content with full freedom for creativity. I cannot recommend Notion enough.

Pros: Notion is very versatile; it has all the basic blocks like text, check-lists, tables, Kanban boards, and Calendar and they can be customized to fit the needs of the User. It also allows some mathematical and logical operations in tables and it is very handy in automating project management and workflow. It is very easy to add new content using Template feature and we can also import pages from other workspaces. The markdown elements make note-taking seamless. The advanced blocks like Table of Contents and Breadcrumbs make navigation much easier. Notion also has some AI capabilities as it can understand text like 'remind next Thursday at 3pm'.

Cons: The advanced features such as logical operations and rollups in Notion databases require some learning curve. There is no 'Empty Trash' feature so deleting content is somewhat painful in Notion.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/12
Olakunle O.
Olakunle O.
Data & Operations
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/18

"Notion reflects how I think"

Comments: Notion is one of the few tools that I open up daily to get a sense of where I am. Though it lacks some power and reputation of tools like Evernote, it makes up in an innovative approach to capturing ideas. I don't find myself trying to remember tags or keywords because the information is exactly where I need it to be within a few clicks.

Pros: Notion just makes sense to me. As a data-driven individual, I am always thinking about how what I do relates to each other. The ability to use database-driven linkages between articles, tables, notes, media, and bookmarks helps Notion work as my second brain. Information isn't siloed into folders or hierarchies and thus becomes more functional. Outside of work collaboration, Notion is my go-to for personal organization.

Cons: People either hate or love Notion and I understand. The biggest drawback is the learning curve. Though intuitive to me as someone who works with and manages databases, I understand that it's not as easy to get up and going. There is a lot to learn to really maximize your ROI and some teams won't have the time to step back from work to really dive into a new way of thinking.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/18
Audrey R.
Audrey R.
Manager of Design, Teaching and Learning with Technology
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/03

"This app is an all-in-one that can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be."

Comments: I work at a University and Notion is free with an @edu account, so I feel very lucky to get to use this for free.
First off, it's super helpful that they provide templates for common things you might want to do organized by categories: Design, Education, Engineering, Human Resources, Marketing, Personal, and Product Management. It also provides a selection of user-created templates. Amazing! So, as a beginner, you can play around with a template to start learning the ropes and possibilities. And the possibilities are ENDLESS.
I think my first use case was to use the official Pokedex template that Notion provides. #nerd I play Pokemon Go, so I modified it to track my dex, but also keep track of the Luckies, Shinies, and trades I have lined up. I embarrassingly use this page the most. I created my own templates for Home Repairs (a CRM, Timeline, and budget) and Home Maintenance checklists for the entire year. I planned a trip that I shared with friends that included Places, Events, and Shopping Lists. And finally, have been trying to use it to replace my Google Spreadsheets for family finances and budgeting. Like I mentioned in the Cons, it's a bit tricky to get it set up exactly like I have it in spreadsheets, but I'm prone to overcomplicating things, so it's to be expected. I am at times thrown off by how slow it can become, but since the latest update that addresses this, I don't know that I've noticed the lagging anymore. I still am pretty motivated to keep using it.

Pros: - Pre-made templates, both official and user-generated
- Mostly intuitive (more complex relational database stuff requires more planning/experimentation)
- Kind of like a combination of Evernote, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Trello, Journal, and website all integrated together. Plus all sorts of other things I haven't even tried yet.
- Customizable features like emoji and page banners
- Can import from Evernote, Asana, Trello, GDocs, Word, Dropbox, and other formats.
- Create teams to share pages with
- Can now create flowcharts, wireframes, and mind maps!

Cons: - Has been known to lag and slow down your device quite a bit. (However, a 2/2020 update may have fixed this.)
- Spreadsheets are a little tricker than what I'm used to when using Google Spreadsheets. I feel it takes more work to get the result/flexibility you might want.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/03
Theodore k. L.
Theodore k. L.
Lead Designer/Developer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/08

"My Resource, Task and Workflow Dashboard of Choice"

Comments: In using Notion on a daily basis, it is a hub for my activities.

Pros: There is so much to like about Notion. From the ease of use to the abundance of data and input types. The relational database features are so powerful and intuitive. It's hard not to use it ... a huge part of my daily workflow.

Cons: Still waiting on a public facing API to expand the existing potential of Notion.

Alternatives Considered: Coda

Reasons for Choosing Notion: It was time. The creation model of Notion just feels more natural to my workflow. Evernote became just a place to archive information, no longer any use case.

Switched From: Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Notion: Notion offered a desktop and mobile app. Then once I started using it I was hooked.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/08
Jorge N.
CEO & Founder
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/20

"Notion its a MUST for Agencies or Freelancers"

Comments: Keep track of all ours internal and projects TODO's. The platform gives the ability to my team to communicate in real time to keep a good follow up of the activities.

Pros: This help us to organize all our work and company. We have serveral dashbords to keep track of the most important TODOS inside our company and all our clients. It offers a solid structure to keep all ours TODOS, Client files, KPIS, Meeting notes, etc, but it depends on a good foundation you must build for long term.

Cons: It takes time to make the right format for your company. Notion offer a lot of templates but at first its complicated to visualize the whole thing you need to link between the dynamic databases. When you start to master it, its easy and a solid structure.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Notion: I have a small team and notion cover all my needs with a good pricing per user.

Maciej N.
Consultant / Freelance Credit Analyst
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/07

"Your command center"

Comments: I use it to plan and track my professional and personal life. The power of this app lies in its customization capabilities.

Pros: Notion is an app that allows you to plan, coordinate, log and manage various activities - professional and personal. It is a powerful app and there is nothing like it on the market.

Cons: There is a somewhat steep learning curve, but that is because Notion greets you with "here you have some building blocks, you can build anything you like". It may be intimidating at first. Yet Notion gives you many great templates to start with and you may find many videos to learn how to use it.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/07
Panos T.
Managing Director
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/11

"The Swiss knife of collaboration and management software"

Comments: We are in a position to manage complex projects while including context information about the project and its elements in a non-intrusive manner. We can manage projects and at the same time update and expand the information we gather for various elements using one system. Magic!

Pros: The ability to have any type of process, project concept and issue managed by a team of people in a simple and easy to use platform with options to connect from a computer, mobile phone or tablet.

Cons: It does not have an external directory of templates where users can upload templates they develop for their own projects.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion: Trello is an excellent agile tool overall but it does not have the necessary depth for complex projects.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: Notion combines many types of functionality that are not available or easy to use with Asana.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/11
Erick D.
Inbound Marketing Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/15

"Essential to my life"

Comments: I use Notion mostly to manage my personal life, but also to take notes and manage my work in a way that it's simple enough not take up too much of my time, but also complex in a degree I don't feel held back by it's limitations (which exists, obviously).

Pros: It's incredible what Notion can make with so little. It's more than a notepad, but less than a spreadsheet. This way it has the right complexity for you to take care of your life, side projects, business or work and even simple management.

Cons: The Android app doesn't have the same quality standard hold by the Windows app. It's heavy, take a long time to update your pages and from time to time crashes.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/15
Success Coach
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/18

"Great for organizing notes and collaborating with teams"

Pros: Notion provides great features for free. It's great for organizing notes and documents, which is a nice alternative to Google Docs. The collaborative elements are impressive.

Cons: Some limitations of the free version, including how many team members you can add. Price is hard to justify for basic needs.

Alternatives Considered: Scrivener

Reasons for Choosing Notion: It's easier to organize

Switched From: Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Notion: It's a free alternative

• Reviewed on 2021/08/18
Tshepo M.
Tshepo M.

"Notion Rocks"

Comments: I feel every business should have a Notion account. It is versatile, easy to use, a customizers heaven. Plus I have fell in love with the Icon stile, it is different from almost all other tools and bring a breath of fresh air.

Pros: The first thing that stands out is the price, It's insanely cheap given the value that you are getting.
When you first open the application it seems bland and boring but as soon as you realize the potential your first thought is to hop back to the pricing page to see if you didn't misread the price (that's what I did).
Easy to get started and super easy to use, I also feel that it's over capacitated (there's nothing I personally has looked for and didn't find and then some).

Cons: I'm trying hard to come up with just one thing that I feel the platform needs to improve and seriously I'm stuck. I'm not saying there isn't one but for me personally I haven't found one.

Rachel S.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"Productivity Lifeline"

Pros: We love how customization with Notion is exceptional. We have spent the last year using and building out our database. Specifically, it has enabled us to include cross-department documentation/wiki, a detailed product roadmap, and add project management details at a granular level. Notion has made it simple for us to provide Clarity on a Team and Company level. Additionally, I love that I can keep a Private section for my own personal notes. Notion keeps me productive, organized, and sane!

Cons: There was quite a learning curve to building out our content, but Notion's Support guide is very robust and helpful if you have the patience to learn.
We often use Notion for building project tasks on a very granular level, and we frequently add individual boards to a project page. However, when opening up individual tasks from the page/board view there isn't a simple way to get back to the original page/task view. A small and minor annoyance, and more of a personal navigation preference.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Nic R.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Everyone should have Notion"

Comments: Great. It's easy to use, simplistic and so satisfying to create pages and elements.

Pros: Everything. There is not one thing about Notion that I don't like. I use it everyday to track my development progress, networking groups, daily tasks, notes, website links, etc.

Cons: I have been sitting here for 10 minutes going through my Notion and trying to figure out what I don't like about the software... But there isn't, I love this product and I will gladly promote it to everyone who I think could benefit from it.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Yassine A.
Yassine A.
ceo
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/08

"Notion took my organization to the next level"

Comments: I use notion with my team to collaborate on some tasks to quickly progress on projects and we do that using a Kanban board inside notion, and I love the fact that it’s possible to share just a specific page with other members instead of the whole workspace because I have a mix of both personal and work-related stuff inside my workspace.

Pros: Notion is like my second brain, all my meeting notes and travel plans are organized inside notion and I even use it for my daily to-do list. They offer a great desktop and iPhone app that allows me to use it wherever I am and everything is synced instantly, the prebuilt templates are super useful whenever I need to add a new page to my workspace.

Cons: they recently launched their public API and it’s possible to integrate it with other services via zapier but it's still a beta and very limited, I believe this will not be a problem anymore in the near future because they’re actively working on it to add more features.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/08
Biz Dev
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/29

"Fantastic tool to organize your business and personal life"

Comments: I use this tool all the time amd recommend everyone else to use jt

Pros: Ease of use to setup things. The simplicity of how everything can be laid out

Cons: A few bugs here and there but it seems like they’re always upgrading the product to be better.

• Reviewed on 2021/08/29
Jason H.
Jason H.
Web Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/29

"Notion is a godsend! Amazing! Way more than it looks like!"

Comments: I've been using software for my entire life. I have extensively used every major OS, and I was one of the first people to own an iPhone with the App Store on it. In my opinion, this is the most meaningful and useful piece of software ever written. I'm not exaggerating, this software has more potential than anything I've ever used. You can seriously organize your life, business, and hobbies with this so easily. It's like having a $30,000 website custom developed for you in an afternoon. But better because you actually understand it!

Pros: It's easy to use, but still INSANELY rich in features.
It allows you to create custom databases, and display them in different places and different ways, very easily, all with point and click interfaces.
You can use it to set up a simple todo list, or you can make an extremely awesome company Intranet/Internal CRM or CMS from it.
It's like being able to make your own apps with zero programming needed.
If you like Evernote, this is that on steroids, and designed better too.

Cons: Almost every major thing I can think of is already being done well. The one thing it really needs, which I know is already on the horizon, is a public API for integrations. Once that is possible the possibilities with this app will be truly endless. One more small nitpick that comes to mind is being able to make links (to other pages, databases, etc) be a little bigger or have a thumbnail version that shows the picture (sort of how like gallery items show up).

• Reviewed on 2019/05/29
Freight Rate Analyst
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/15

"A great alternative to Asana"

Comments: I love Notion and have recommended it many times to collegues.

Pros: I've been using Notion in an Asana-like, task tracking mode. I keep it pulled up daily to make sure I get things done and can track the status of projects and tasks. But it can do SO MUCH MORE...

Cons: It can be a little bit tedious to get things set up in the beginning, but that is mostly due to the fact it is so flexible and expandable.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/15
Victor F.
Student
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/09

"Get your things done in one place"

Comments: The main reason I choose Notion is because I was tired of searching for a enormous list of applications to use just one functionality. So, with this in hands I am capable of use a lot of functionality from Google Drive (Storage and share files), from Trello (Project Managment), from Budget Track and many others tools without use them precisely.

Pros: Be capable of store and write resources that I will need in the future. It is easy to create relations between pages and therefore recover information

Cons: The block schema for writing sometimes is hard to handle, because often I need to insert a tag word to just write some different text type. Also, I am craving for more customization, like other fonts types

• Reviewed on 2020/12/09
Kaarel R.
Kaarel R.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/20

"Love the customisability"

Comments: Our company has built all of it's roadmaps on Notion and we often use it for noting and planning down company-wide events.

Pros: Notion is very flexible and lets you fully customise the structure of pages, cards and almost every feature that you can use.

Cons: The performance of Notion on a mobile device (Android at least) is lacking. It does not often open and you have to restart it to get it working.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/20
Daniel V.
Product Owner
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/21

"To be perfect it lacks only buttons, automations and integrations (with and without API)"

Comments: Exceptional. I really love the product and became one of it's fiercest advocates. But had to go to Coda since the GTD system I was trying to build required more integrations.

Pros: Notion has the best UX I have ever seen. Extremely friendly to use and fun to learn. Neat, clean, and powerful.

Cons: It could only get better if it had buttons, automations (time-triggered and event-triggered ) and integrations (2 way sync calendars, packs and APIs)

• Reviewed on 2020/07/21
Data Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/13

"All-in-one project management tool!"

Comments: My overall experience with notion has been amazing. Setup was not too confusing at all and being able to use the product anywhere (even mobile) has been phenomenal.

Pros: I love notion because of its intuitive interface and cross platform capabilities. I can use it on my mac or on my phone and be able to easily work on various items that my team is working on and track their activity. It also allows me to store different types of files from PDF's to forms for data collection.

Cons: I least liked that notion's pricing model is confusing and it took me a while to actually understand the difference between the monthly and yearly pricing structure and how I was to be billed.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion: It was promoted from another group to try this out and we are glad we did.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/13
Leah W.
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/21

"Helpful for planning, but challenging for collaboration"

Comments: I like it as my personal organizational tool, but I dislike collaborating on a project with others using it. I much prefer Asana for project management and will be going back to that tool.

Pros: I love that there are database options, it's a pleasure to write in, and get ideas out of your head and into a digital place to act on them.

Cons: Everything I dislike comes down to collaboration. I find the notifications inaccurate and setting up recurring reminders for project subtasks is a challenge. I also find it difficult to have a conversation with other team members to discuss an item in Notion.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/21
Sung L.
product manager
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/28

"Notion is a great project management tool for your professional or personal life. Quick and easy."

Comments: Notion is a great project/task management software. It can be used for many things due to its flexibility (clean slate with various functions/features). It can take a little longer than other software to start off. However, once you master the basic, it is a powerful tool which can further expand.

Pros: Even the basic person of the software, which is free, the features and customization possible is amazing. With so many templates and fuctions avaible, you can customize notion into a tool for various use, from tracking travel, work schedule, learning tracking software, so many options.

Cons: With so many features, it can be somewhat overwhelming to use in the beginning. Maybe a tool tips or examples to show for certain features might be good to have as an option, which you can turn off later after you get used to the system.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/28
Technical Support Specialist
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/01

"Nothing but love for Notion"

Pros: This thing is RIDICULOUSLY versatile. For work, we've moved our Kan Ban board over, our CRM, and general reference and operations materials. Notion is incredibly intuitive and works like it should. You can nest pages, create databases, use formulas in databases, and even link those databases. You can do anything with Notion!

Cons: The print view of Notion is pretty weak, but if you never need to print what's in there, you could just easily never leave.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/01